Speaker 1: Saying in heaven, man, this album represents a lot of shit. I feel like, first of all, as a just be he from the West Coast, I wanted.
Speaker 2: To go along with it.
Speaker 1: So sonically it went home, it's it's it's it's Westive.
Speaker 2: You got that bounce to it that we fuck you know, and it's in that part.
Speaker 1: And then I just was in terms of flows, I went crazy and flows on there the ink pin all the elements of what made hip hop sold though from the beginning stories that then took me under like you know what that did to me?
Speaker 2: You know what you did to me as you know what you did to me?
Speaker 1: Rare that song was, so you know, it's a lineage that we have and a pedigree of standard for classic real West Coast c and so I kind of wanted those elements to be present in this album in a way that is that could be received.
Speaker 2: In the modern way, but that has its origins and its roots and classic West Coast production, classic West Coast execution in the elements. And that's what I think I put that off. I really feel that.
Speaker 3: One what's the thirdest song on that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Then good ad won't use.
Speaker 2: If they twenty four hundred, the rest damn.
Speaker 3: What would they say? Twenty four hundred?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first one I called twenty four hundred.
Speaker 4: My leigga said, all up, yo, say that's all. Look, that's how you got to put your foot in some shit you fell in. Luck that all my shit is odd.
Speaker 1: I feel that way, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really feel that way. Lock Club, Like twenty four hundred was one of them songs. Thats decoration. I think the album should be organized in a way where like first songs.
Speaker 2: In hip hop history have been a thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm using that muff for the beast what I really was making out here. That first verse nice start up if you remember it. Yeah, absolutely give me a little art of feeling.
Speaker 1: So the first verse on the album, the first eight bars, I say, if you doper than me, you say so, faith Folk, I'm wearing all black and his bits. It's hard to describe the way I survived but was able to rise, Like the past don't exists. I'm already McFly you in the deliver you're looking for doc after Math and this bitch. I was ruthless and facing death row, but I beat there like sentence. I'm lit like I'm matching his bitch, Like that's the first thing I'll say. And it's like they got the execution table, the electric chair go off and I die.
Speaker 2: So it's really the Death Row Records logo.
Speaker 1: I'm rapping as if I'm this nigga sitting in his chair, and that's what the first eight bars is doing. But Marty McFly was looking for doctor help you go back to the past in the future, and I'm saying, I'm already McFly looking for doc on some let's go back to Ruthless, Let's go back to let's get.
Speaker 2: That deafro energy, let's get that. So I'm looking for doc after math.
Speaker 1: And this bitch I was ruthless facing Death Row and I beat it like sentence and now I'm litting. I can imagine his bitch because the electric chure went one in the top of this matches. Oh you feel me, It's like, yeah, it's Meedy, it's Meedy. Off the bat I'm chirping on their established me was just to say we're not fucking around. It's gonna be bars.
Speaker 2: This is dope. Miss.
Speaker 1: The first two songs kind of got that aim, and then I start cracking on the government and the criminal justice system like the next TU song, so I established we dope as fucking this is the mission.
Speaker 2: And then I start tripping.
Speaker 3: You know, I had to get that means I got the home in the bag with the beat he little slider beat up under that later on eight. That's gonna be the official remix. You just need.
Speaker 4: You know. I'm sorry for.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: While you know you talk about the criminal justice system, man, one of the things I wanted to talk to you about. And I know you in town and everybody gonna ask you about this, but I'm gona take a different angle. You pretty much impacted the whole future hip hop. Like you said, the President's like the ship the Young Bull is going through now because they pretty much sanctioned to jail. There. It's space from a rap song.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: They did, they did, and the and the cover. You know, it's it's interesting that they said, Okay, this is the murder weapon on the album cover. But you can't do forensics on a picture. So they never found a murder web. And the reality is they never found a murder web. But they we thirty something years after this incident, thirty two years and people still think the murder weapon was on the cover or say that to me, and it's just one of them things. How can they establish that fact if they never found it and they never did forensics right. And the other thing is they chopped my song up, so the song is called Still Shooting. Actually sampled Ultra Violet Dreams by cy Bricil on their ironically, I sampled that and I pushed some Isaac Kay's' side of there, you know what I mean, And that's that first song on Psychoactive, and it's called Still Shooting. The intro is called the Murder, but the media started referring to the song as the murder and editing my lyrics so that they can make it said what they wanted to say. The ap picked that up and instead of hip hop journalism kicking in is started to pick that part and tell a story as me being one of they own. They just picked up the apiece story and repeated the sensational lize verson of the story.
Speaker 3: So that was really like a weak shut So you was doing it like from the beginning because the court of public opinion, the more fucker it is. Man.
Speaker 1: And we were at a time in the country where you know, we got Mike Tyson with the right case that they was trying to get him for. He got oj going to trial. It just was a time we had just had the riots, you know what I mean, the officers went to trial, you know what I mean, all of that thing do Rodney King shit. So this is a build up. And then Iced Tea with the time Warner shit. So we just in a time where hip hop was under attack from from the government. Really, it's always been to government, even if it wasn't hip hop. It's just always been there trying to tear us.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But in this specific instance, that was the environmental atmosphere in the culture, and they was just trying to smack shit. And I ended up being somebody that they did that too.
Speaker 4: Critical times man, right and there. Yeah, yeah, all them situations. Uh, they would definitely try to hold some ship to kiss you then because niggas was depressed and didn't give a fuck around then. So it was all kinds of shipped that mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It was real cliche that goes what going on? You was Opadolph you got the first, so he was one of the first ones I had to get the parental the scrashle renal.
Speaker 4: That that little sticker on my out. I was the first nigga that double sticker. Uh, even though they put the parental sticker on there, and they put a sticker on there that said whatever I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Was my view and then not the views of Sony music.
Speaker 5: They put a disclaimer on your heir. You a last sidelight. You know what was crazy. Niggas was getting banned at that time. Ship what was crazy would get the radio play videos. Niggas were steamrolling over seeds and ship, so they was trying to shut us down and Ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's part of the ear that sending off though, man, because I remember, like, because that's when you start getting the other people from other cities, Like you had the ghettle boys coming up too, and you had cats like you know a little bit later on gainsing it. I remember when somebody had listened to this, somebody killed somebody listening to this niggas music, and stuff happened. They was really trying to stick it to people in hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the easy way out.
Speaker 2: Ship. Yeah, that was that was that was fucking on.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker, go to court, you know, little kids and ship and something more fucker in Ayowa, some crazy shit. They have some stupid shit and gone ship Nigga out. I was listening to eight and the Nigga eight said niggas hit the back fence and shooting nigga and Woolf de Wolf and yeah, yeah, it's so when you get this, goar Face said nigga, go do a nigga like that. So nigga, that was dumb as fuck. But they actually were starting to get that shit crack that of his man in jail. But but but that's the's narrative right now though, that's crazy as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what I.
Speaker 1: Said, I remember like if we go back to n w A getting that letter from the FBI and UH for fuck the police, and then they start tripping on Luke so he did a band in the USA, Tipper Gore, I think, and that's where the parental advice we.
Speaker 2: Sticking here from. And then we end up with uh. After that, they tripped on the.
Speaker 1: Ghetto boys and we ended up getting me saying be stopped from that and then y'all got tripped off and then it just kept rolling. It just kept rolling, and it was lit though. That was the rebellious time for hip hop music.
Speaker 2: Where we had you had ex Clan and that ship was slapping. It's still slapping.
Speaker 1: My brother today was tripped, and then you had public Enemies tripping and that boy was pushing the line.
Speaker 2: Seems was pushing the line. It was man, it was music. And now it's just I feel like I would really like us to see a return to that well sort youngster can start doing it, that'd be beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's starting to get there, it is.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a rebellion going on right now where people want that classic shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think just people just what's been going on basically as far as hip hop conserve, you been a negative light shawl on hip hop for the last couple of years. A lot of dudes getting killed and't a lot of a lot of a lot of scenarios that basically don't even fit on criterion. But it started shining a heavy negative light. So I know, you know, we put out our shit, you know, to talk about where we came from and and uh how the impressions of growing up in these in these neighborhoods made us put these records together. But you know, I think just the blatant violence in the hip hop. You know that that came from what we're hearing today. You give me motherfuckers is like Nigga they described and the murders. Tall Marble did the hit Nigga and how we did the hit when it hit went down, and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of hip hop has become that because of the youth.
Speaker 4: And not to say we wasn't crazy when we was young, you know, and my CMW music to drive by days. I was nineteen twenty, you know, Nigga telling me shit, Bigga, I'm talking mom, Nigga, we coming through and Nigga the hood that took asunder. Niggas struggling, so we about to do this, that and the other growing up there. But it was never like a It was never like a.
Speaker 2: Man to some she had I'm gonna tell you any caucinary tales. Though they got an era where he.
Speaker 1: Had cautionary tales, Cube bad cautioninary tales. It was cautionary tales. Slick Rick had cautionary tales. Be crazy a story, but you like, damn the moral of that story. There was a moral to this right straight up. Minutes has a it's a full circle. It has a beginning of middle and the end. There's a conclusion to that experience. You said, owt Ice Cuban mac ten, there's a conclusion to that shit.
Speaker 2: And said, we did. We stopped at the conclusion.
Speaker 1: It's like ending Scarface where this nigga just up and got all the coke right there.
Speaker 2: It's like, nah fout.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes later in the movie, this nigga gets shot fifty thousand of pops and dies with a face of little cocaine.
Speaker 2: That's how this ends.
Speaker 1: And I feel like the ogs back then was doing that. And then somewhere along the lines, the cautionary tales started getting left out.
Speaker 3: Boy, you know what started happening. Man, casts really started detailing what they are really going on. They really started putting lyrics like we just did this and were smoking on this MC Dogo peck. It really just started tricking, you.
Speaker 2: Know, exageration or accident too.
Speaker 1: Though the niggas it said that was real and this shit that was w w F. It's always been ship that was real. That shit that was w w ee you know what I mean, right, it always was but and it was a kamakzi niggas then too. It was niggas going kama kaze back then to It's just I think it's worse now because the generation I was supposed to give the game, we kind of you saw people join the idiotcy or the immaturity is the better way?
Speaker 3: Sure, boy, you know what's crazy? Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? Idiocracy is this movie that was about Mike Judge. You've ever seen it. It was by Mike Judge, the cat that made me some but ed. And this movie maybe came out like fifteen twenty years ago, probably even more, but it shows the world. You know Netflix, Look that's called over the top TV television. You know, everything's on top of each other. The TVs was like that and the people this dude got frozen and went to the future, woke up like one hundred years later, and the America was like in some kind of thing. Terry Crews was the present and Eve them tripping and the wasn't those plants grow because these dumb motherfuckers was watering the grass with gatorading. Gatorade was like the drinking. The people was wearing crocs in the movie You Go, Double red shoes. People drinking. Now the fox, the drid motherfuckers was wearing crocs on there and people was just stupid. But it was just like the motherfuckers today. And I said, man, how did this motherfucker gets that twenty years ago? Motherfuckers hopey, because you know what the top shit is. You know, we have these dope discussions. You'll get a few motherfuckers that they checked this out. But if it's some niggas talking about some bullshit around the corner, cia you little hole knowing we dont came in the air to wear a bunch of goon on men gossip like little hoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a true statement. That's a true statement.
Speaker 1: I think this carre Hollywood has penetrated the depths of hip hopping the way that really is was never allowable, and we've allow.
Speaker 2: People to make music that we never really would allow.
Speaker 1: Niggas used to get beat up for if he was too close similar to somebody else, the niggas was going to want to fight about that. If you made a saw too similar to a nigga sol or he was too similar to a nigga name, or you tried to do something that wasn't hip hop. You know, kr rs want beat upp and don and put random niggas abo up the stage.
Speaker 2: Like nigga you and welcome it.
Speaker 1: The niggas to be the number one best rivers alive right now meaning the type shit this is Millie Vanilli would have got away with him right.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Niggas would have been to make it excuse his own He made some really good songs.
Speaker 4: They Hollywood didn't penetrate. Yep, Hollywood penetrated the streets. So aspect of.
Speaker 2: It's hard for niggas to be old j anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, You got niggas school or in our age in line of who feel like being famous and popularity. It's hard than the cold of being just authentic. You're getting me, especially if you claim to be one of those dudes. It seems like that narrative has left us, like niggas have forgotten, like those colds and get me hush and don't talk too much, not flossy and a flashy and flamboyant, and niggas didn't want to be seen. You can get letter and you need said that. It seems like shit, you got more uh niggas in the older age group who want more celebrity and fame than trying to just keep the authenticity of being a nigga who's supposed to be a real nigga? Right, how is that look? Is that fouled apart? You get me cause niggas, I don't know, niggas don't like real niggas today. You know, is it fouled the part to be a real nigga? Is is it looked upon by you saying that you were from the streets and you you know, a bide by a certain cold Do they foul the part that shit? Today?
Speaker 3: I don't think if people frowned off the luggers, don't think they get them. I don't think they care. Like all that stuff. I think, man is out the window. Like when you start talking about snitch, how many people you don't seen snitch? And they come right back home and they back on the streets and doing what they do. They're going about their business, and it's like whenever you get That's why I always I think, yeah, the scene always be quick to tell people. I don't gain but right, right, but you got a lot of people who ain't from that world. That's comment and that's what people well, you got a bunch of people that don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 4: They up there calling.
Speaker 3: People snitches who ain't really snitches and they're doing this. So you got a bunch of square people trying to play in the h rings that they don't know nothing to bo and that.
Speaker 1: Was like they can't be checked because they behind the computer strands.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean by.
Speaker 1: The WWF and the WWE commentary because just hip hop transition from one to the other, just like the WWF be came the w w E.
Speaker 2: We saw that.
Speaker 1: I think one of the things culturally, crazy and gangster used to be separated.
Speaker 2: And you got a crazy nigga, that crazy nigga was going to be.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they get dealt with that wasn't allowed to exist, and then you gotta you gotta against the nigga that wouldn't want that around. Now the crazy niggas is the niggas with the jewels, the crazy. When the crazier you are, the more they celebrate that. And it's like it wasn't ever the niggas that got to run nothing or call and make decisions. They got euthanized. And so it's different Nowaday and't like that no more. And there's an argument that there's superior ways. Now we got more conflict resolution, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, to me, I think we.
Speaker 1: Might have failed the generation the fathers were under attack. The reason we failed them is because we was getting our ass whooped, among the other things, and I think a lot of people was locked away who could have had voices. A lot of us ended up being in positions if to be servants more so than to be masters, meaning that we're in control of the masters of our own destinies. So we didn't end up with the power structures that we should have by now where to where the money that was generated by melanative people within this motherfucker industry was put in a way where the control and the power and the ability to dictate what occurred remained with those of us who were the taste makers and the curators. So you end up with people who don't really give a fuck about the culture making decisions that are impactful to the culture. And now it's about pleasing this algorithm more than it's about pleasing the statutes what we're supposed to do and what we're not supposed to do, the tenets of this sacrifice and replaced by including some clicks and that's really what.
Speaker 4: It is still as a podcast or just as a as a person deals with you know, the podcast world and creating content and all that. Why do you think Snitchell.
Speaker 2: Was made.
Speaker 4: Like as like the content like we gottake because that was some shit, like even if I don't know, it was like was it was like a higgen thing like niggas didn't talk about it wasn't spoken with the court and somebody got on the stand whatever whatever, or it wasn't like all these niggas over here gonna talk about it, then we're gonna go tell the hood over there. Then we gonna tell the hood over there, then we're gonna go tell it. It was like that was like some under the tables qualified Why is it? Why is it a rise? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we see it was a time that she had to be qualified to say somebody was a snitch. You just couldn't go because you know, it's some snitch to the bush retal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of them, you know, it's a lot of them. It's it's real. It's levels to that ship.
Speaker 1: If you you have to be able to present evidences in proof, it's the same way, and it's if you're gonna if you're gonna bring a charge against your brother. It's the same way in the round table discussions within the hood. We still want neighborhood. We was born from y'all from Condon. Critics gave birth to my neighborhood. And in la seventies early eighties, one was the ones who came out there, we are ice culled my summer vacation with the result of that migration that happened, you know what I mean. But you have understanding of how we're supposed to conduct ourselves. Are out we not and conduct ourselves. And so there's ways that you're supposed to go about causing a roundtable discussion, and that's supposed to happen amongst the people who are directly impacted by that.
Speaker 2: And they got to say, if that person coming from something.
Speaker 1: That clothed, then that's the responsibility of his cloth to handle their business. Everybody want everybody to take their phase. And now you got the gladiator with to me, it's the Colosseum. We are wrong and Caesar is sitting in their chairs as Caesar is Mark Zuckerberg, Caesar is the niggat it on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Caesar Is and they got.
Speaker 1: These arenas caesar Is, some of these platforms that don't give a fuck if we live or die. Some of these, you know, it's a locker on on. They want to exploit the culture, and they thumbs up or thumbs down.
Speaker 2: Do you kill him or do you not kill him? They going blood. They want deafinite destruct them. That's what they're paying the seat, and so we haven't all accepted it, but we could watch them. We could watch the results of that. They want to build you up. Put you in the colissene, release a lion on you, watch you fight that lion to the dead, see you die, deify you. Put you on a T shirt, put you on the launch pale, Put you on a motherfucker sticker, Put you in a video game.
Speaker 1: Bit your music everywhere and pay your mama zero point zero five per stream, fifteen fifteen hundred streets to equal one sale.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. They want to do us like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's bigger than just even what's going on with the artists themselves.
Speaker 2: It's a machine.
Speaker 1: The entire coliseum and the people getting thrown out there, motherfuckers who are trying to change their life. So they willing to fight the lion. They willing to try and do that. But you as a result of that, you pop smoke, you're pnb rock. You end up have and then you end up being these kids out here that the other.
Speaker 4: The niggas be feeling this day. Responsibility to let you know who snicked or not? Is that the responsibility or the real nigga today?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I think I think it's the I think everybody got to decide what is the best thing for their individual experience. I think it's a decision to be made. Dude, Am I handling my business in a way that is going in the direction that is most beneficial for my family? And it's and am I in somebody's business? And I don't have no business in their business because this ain't my business. There's rules that apply to being in somebody's business, just like his rules to apply. If this man did do some bits ass it, if he did do that, who's responsible for that? Because that's the first thing you want to know, because you can't do something to everybody. It's consequently with that, so it's like you gotta find out what's what And then the good begs the question why even this person bitess.
Speaker 3: Lord you see earlier that should be the ring that was impacted and his people was responsibility. They gotta have nothing to do with you. I was always told you just you don't have nothing to do with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's going to service the coliseum. The coliseum want to eat them alive and they want them to need each other at large.
Speaker 5: Scuse lets meet those clicks, man, Yeah, as long as it's them.
Speaker 4: It just puzzles me.
Speaker 2: For a due tool.
Speaker 4: Consider themselves to be a certain way of life, or I came from that or that walk or that cold. It just puzzles me.
Speaker 2: Everybody wanted the.
Speaker 4: Face you get lead the codes of the ship. I elearged, it's like forgotten about today because you got dual truth life. It's it's it's my business to let you know that so and so toll on a nigga twenty years ago, or so and so toll on a nigga fifteen years ago, or it's my it's my business to let you know that. It just puzzles me because I thought that being from and you know, it could be wrong because of the time and the era of what today is, because of what all this shit is you're getting lights came reaction. Niggas want to get paid, you're getting the authenticity of being.
Speaker 2: From the streets has been forgotten.
Speaker 4: Becausese.
Speaker 2: I didn't make a check, nigga, you feel me? Yeah, I didn't know, Huger.
Speaker 4: Now your followers and get clicks and views, and it just puzzles me because there's certain things that you're supposed to be able to hold true, especially for a man. I just think like niggas just forgotten about that code of of what is and what is you know, Yeah, if you fall into that lifestyle of having to create content, you get right. I told you that. That ship puzzles me, Like, what do you mean ate some content? Nigga? We just we just sit up and talk to the homeies in it, try to have just conversations about ship. We don't sit up and getting a circle on the round table before the shows Dart and Gold. So we're gonna come up with today. This is hit me, Like creating kind of that, like we don't like that ship puzzles me. Man, If.
Speaker 2: Vibing vibing is different and creating content vibing and capturing moments, this is a superior thing. And I think that there was more authenticity and the culture.
Speaker 1: Back when we were doing that, we were just catching VODs and we were spitting about what we was really dealing with.
Speaker 2: It's just the longer games.
Speaker 1: Now, it's all the just a reality TV show and a person get enough popularity to make them a couple bucks. It's a vocational opportunity now to tear somebody down to be in somebody else's business. And it just was the time and life where I wasn't a permissible then, and do everybody everybody comes used to come. And this is a problem because motherfuckers is faking where they're from. They faking their neighborhoods, They faking that they come from represent something like I got a faunidly father from guard Block. Here am my baby boys. So we got three generations in my neighborhood in this world hoods, you know what I mean? You got motherfuckers that can't tell you a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Two years older than them from their neighborhood. Huyo, big home.
Speaker 1: You got a twenty five year old nigga telling them a point there the nigga is twenty eight, Like, how.
Speaker 2: Long the fuck did y'all exist? Who the fuck is it be where you go? Our state.
Speaker 1: We can't even find out where these niggas is from because they're not from nothing, and so who can teach nothing to nothing?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's just a bunch of fake ays, bullshit.
Speaker 1: Are some Hollywood shit, and I mean that's okay, but they get carried away with it.
Speaker 2: Some of them. They getting themselves clapped up and chilled over the mics. It clicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it was a lot of shit I wanted to talk to you about. So I'm gonna try to breathe through it a little bit when you was locked up, and then I'm gonna get off the block. The up fingers they were. He was releasing albums and sit.
Speaker 2: On the sad. Yeah, I was playing over a phone. I don't build board charts.
Speaker 3: Don't build board charts, and I saw that shit that tripped me. Y'all said, man, this niggas just walking around the streets free. You can't throw them this man or NIEE stuff on your jail.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying, niggas could and well, the fucking see these away.
Speaker 3: I know what is in jail doing it? Man? What possession to think that you was gonna be able to get away with that stuff. But you didn't get away with it.
Speaker 1: I was possessed by I lived that shit the same way that we're talking about, the same way that kid that was in the projects, and I used to crawl up my window and go down the stairs and be down there with their armies. You know that kid that just wanted the hommy to pop his trunk on the sixth floor. I remember Tiny form Pj's used to come out there to the hood and the donkey call.
Speaker 2: For Pj's, all them niggas wind up for the Grape Street.
Speaker 1: The niggas used to be out there and set and we used to fuck with them niggas. So I remember niggas had popped the trunk, and you know, the hommies from the block. Everybody would be outside and they'd be slapping Parliament and nigga just to catch a vibe, and the armies is just spitting. It's how the niggas that could spit, and it would just be, you know, we got the wood raps when you really.
Speaker 2: From the streets, and you really from some shit like.
Speaker 1: We got wood raps and go a nigga then rebroke the Gilligan's Eyeland thing, you know what I mean, and Nigga and we got all that type of shit and when you have history. So I was vibe and I feel like I I lived hip hop. Hip Hop was a part of the fabric. It was an attribute of my personality and just a part of the fabric of who I am as a human being.
Speaker 2: It's being in.
Speaker 1: The house with from Midnight Star, Atlantic Star with you know what I mean, playing rock Days, the message rappers delight.
Speaker 2: I lived it.
Speaker 1: Here comes Roun dmc, Here comes LLL, Here comes rock Camp, We Toddy T Nigga Battle Ram Nigga, Here comes six in the morning, There comes colors like I remember the stages of that shit.
Speaker 2: And it's just in my dna.
Speaker 1: So if I couldn't have made them songs, I would have wrote them anyway, because that's what that's what I'll do. That's like oxygen in me. So I was writing songs and then opportunities to record. The motherfuckers can't presenting themselves, you know. One of them was because I was dope. He was a fan of I was too dope to not be doing my thing. Motherfuckers helped me do what I needed to do it, so like it was a fighting against the government. They follow the son of Sam Lous, who don't even beat that. It got struck down by the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: That was big mad. There's no rule.
Speaker 1: There's no rule against possession of possession, possessing itself all in heighteen ninety nine, two thousands. There's no rule against me having Literally the California Coda Record Regulations hasn't entered that rule into this book yet. So I'm reading the rules and I could see what's not against the rules too. I'm not just looking at what is in the rule book. I'm looking at what isn't so okay. If I get this that reporter in here, they don't got a rule against that.
Speaker 2: So if they find to sit here, they're like, they can't write me up for anohing. They can't even fuck with me.
Speaker 3: That recording all of it.
Speaker 2: I had ally coming to sit in that bitch.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah regularly, yeah said up in the sale busting your ship. Yeah, man, For a long time I used to get shipped, you know, buy some key boards and get them in through the music program. Put a bunch of shit that I wanted to get a package delivered and had a motherfucker go bring it to that, you know what I mean. I used to meet them up.
Speaker 2: Fucker in the middle of nowhere in the wilderness drop off a package.
Speaker 3: For you know, that's some cold last shit. I just picture you, Nigga and this silvers up there bus. I'm like a motherfucker hold up on when you watched for the guards to come and shit, you acquired this noise that I'm bucking prop this each.
Speaker 1: Thing that Yeah, Catty was doing it between cal Ty and trying to get saws done.
Speaker 2: I remember in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: I was doing my thing on Selina's Valley a or and uh, I got all my recording equipment on Friday, Like I went to breakfast and need these search to sell. When I come back to sales, search was wasn't drop up, So I got the thing, you know what I mean. Lock the dog Friday night, I'm all night.
Speaker 2: Portraying counts, just laying, laying, laying, laying, laying.
Speaker 1: They get all night, wake up, do it Saturday as soon as go about my regular day on Saturday. Soon as they locked that bar at night, I'm recording all night between counts.
Speaker 2: Get some sleep, wake up, give it back to him on Sunday, ball and.
Speaker 1: I get back to the streets and then it's up, you know. We go from there and ended up crashing out like so, and then from Friday to Sunday recorded the entire Unforgiving album, the entire Vengeance is Mind album, and portion of the Initiation album in three days. I recorded all that, got it done and got it out and went right outside, had gotten the wrecked.
Speaker 2: The niggas just out there fighting like a motherfuckers. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like that was the kind of shit I went through, and then them songs ended up being on Forgiving and getting the Billboard charts. Some of the shit I gave Seaball we number three on the charts, behind me, Rod Carey and Bride. Mgnight for Daily Game was my song. Actually, me and Colez was rappling.
Speaker 2: He was in it.
Speaker 1: He was in the tank. So I went in this tank and I'm banging on the door of spiting that song. He spit some songs, but when I spit that of a game, he was like, niggas, you gotta give you that. He so he started asking me for that in County jail. Then we got to Tracy, I gave it to him to everything. Tied him every word, oh even the grunt. So that was an ex writer song, giving the buck, and then that three fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Was my song.
Speaker 1: So I wrote the chorus, I wrote verse one, I wrote the second chorus, and I wrote half of verse two, and then moved both to the dorms. His cousin't had no time. He had a joint suspension. I had a one eighty six twenty two, and on one eighty seven to eight, and then one two up to two point five. So I'm on my way to I'm on my way to New Folksoland Couz go to the dorm and he finished the rock so you.
Speaker 2: Could kind of hear where what I was doing.
Speaker 1: And then when he shows up in the second half of the song, you could hear. With collaboration, we ended up writing shit together that I used street life.
Speaker 2: That was bold. Bold. We wrote that chorus for me. I had it.
Speaker 1: I was saying that a certain kind of way. He was like, it's better like this, and I thought he was right. So that's the way I recorded it. So it wasn't like he. I just was writing for Buth. I gave him a lot more shit than he gave me, just because I had more shit, but like in terms of what I was writing on and he put his input in, we would rewrite shit and he he left with all of that, but he didn't record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both bull listen see bull livesen for real. So you said he was like he was out the destroying and ship of wreck and shit. Is that you bumping the MIC's to see a singing toon?
Speaker 2: I bumped in and said singleton.
Speaker 1: So my mom looked at church and I had I had created this little company called twenty four Deep Productions because I got the benefit of watching the big armies like this nigga do that thing. So I had that blue tape. That blue tape mattered to me and so I'm looking at this blue tape and IM like that. So we we started.
Speaker 2: Me and a hommy person for Flat Dog the music.
Speaker 1: Flat Dog Crip Gang is like like between the cree the Glenn Elders in Oak Park and sit right there. And so the homy came. He went to our continuation school and his mommy used to Byron Hell equipment. I didn't know that at the time. We just rapping at lunchtime and he was like hey, you really good. He was like, man, let's time pull it. Why don't you come to the house when we when we finished school blah blah blah. I'm like, okay, cool. So because at the van, we jumped in the van. We all rolled to his spot and.
Speaker 2: This nigga got drum machines, records, the walls that just covered in crates, shives and crates.
Speaker 1: The zigga got everything, every sample I needed to do anything forever. That all this shit, it looked like alchemists.
Speaker 2: Little roam in there.
Speaker 1: He was sixteen, fifteen years old at the time, but that's how his mama loved him. She kept him out of trouble. Would let us be in there with that music, blast them till threefold.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Would never say a word because they care more that they knew where we was, that they felt that if it was loud, and that in nigga have beautiful parents. And so we was doing that get the songs done. So I'm putting these motherfuckers on consignment. And so my mama got my little cover. My cover was drawn by brother Lynch because I had really just said my name is X right and blah blah blah. I didn't have a rap name yet. I was still a little slimmed off for twenty fourth Street. They still call me a little ray. I wasn't my official name, but I was always with the big army, so they you like little slim dog over there, you know what I mean? And I Connessant was like busted the line that had X Raded in it. People started like X righty just calling me x Rader at Lench.
Speaker 2: Was like, Nigga, it can't be r A T D. It gotta be r I D E d KS And was.
Speaker 1: Like, you ain't no player on no base shit. You against it, nigga, Just that gainst.
Speaker 2: The shit ri I d D.
Speaker 1: So let's drew my first logo and drew my first cover and so my mama had that on the keychain, went to church and said it saw it. It was like you do you know X rayed And she was like, yeah, my son, and he gave her his card and so I had to Mamma, give me a card. I'm running around all right then no attention to it. We about to me and I eating. Some shit happened in the south Side, so me and I was about to go clap some sit up we get pulled over. This is back when if you in the car and you joy ride, and you're a joy rider. The nigga that got the pistol got a gun charge. The nigga that was driving the car got a GT it. And that's kind of how because we didn't get to go do it, yet it got us on our way to do it. So I get the joy ride and I spend a weekend in the jail. While I'm in the jail, I run into a hommy name a Metaview Blood.
Speaker 2: He was leaning still.
Speaker 1: He wasn't really like all the way over there, but he was head that I could see it going there. But his name is Miko. You were from the south Side, He from twenty third and I love that nigga.
Speaker 2: So this is how I meet me. I have seen him fifty million times.
Speaker 1: But I'm in juvenile hall waiting for my mama to get me out on Monday, and this nigga is in juvenile hall because they said he filed the serial number down on his Kuber.
Speaker 2: This nigga got cougar stans malleys. This nigga, young nigga doing it.
Speaker 1: So seeing him, the juvenile alls like, fuck, this nigga doing the Juvenile though.
Speaker 2: I thought this nigga was twenty.
Speaker 4: Five thirty years old.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this nigga was in jam.
Speaker 1: They was just a balling young nigga that had a vision and a mission. And so he was like, we was talking and I was spending some run that niggas was like many you you were actualted.
Speaker 2: Cause niggas didn't know it was me. It was because it was just a picture. It was a drawing.
Speaker 1: It was no picture of me, like you said, were seldom seeing. There's very few pictures from me back then.
Speaker 2: Zero videos and no music videos.
Speaker 1: Until twenty eighteen when I came home. So the first music video I ever do a two point five million views, you know what I mean. I had never even had a music video. And so yeah, so I get out of the Juvenile hall, he get out. We go about our way and I finally called the nigga Mick and I was like, hey, man, I wanted to talk to you about what you were saying.
Speaker 2: You know, you'd like to want to do some management for you, blah blah blah. So me and him link up.
Speaker 1: We roll around and we pulled up on cedric I gave him the card he had called him the shit, and we pulled up on Cedric and then niggas agreed that Meek would fund everything and that Cedric could have his business.
Speaker 2: He had the brain powder.
Speaker 1: So Meek was like our herry yo, and Seject was like our should not And.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like that. So you had danger.
Speaker 1: All of productions was leat thing, and then Black Arct Records they built that was subjects thing. You know, I have my little twenty four deep Productions. Then that's where Lyunch got the EP name from A couple of years later that that was the name of my production company that I made up when I was fifteen years old as a little rapper.
Speaker 3: People will be even bring the stories up later, y'all, y'all take news.
Speaker 1: Hey, So yeah, the niggas built I was the first artist ever on Black Market Records. I'll say I'm the ll Cool j of Black Marty Records. It was the first one they ever released music for. Sacramento had artists prior to me, my Big Armies, Triple Threat three. You might see the BK, Bruce Knight and the Homy DC Ray. They had a group called Triple Direct three and they was more on that, you know, early almost techno hip, you know, the man Tronics type shit they was doing.
Speaker 2: That's what we was on. Yeah, that's yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What would for us on the West Coast.
Speaker 1: It was techno out and it was fun niggas just having fun. And so they had that and the a cat named I'm a Sorry from Oak Park came out and uh, the black Market fucked with him a little bit on production, but they wasn't called black Market.
Speaker 2: They had a different name, and so that was they were behind it. It's crazy rip, Yeah, it was. I was.
Speaker 1: I was super motivated by am a side his presence and seeing him it made me feel like I could do it, you know what I mean, And so, uh, I started getting cracking.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was influenced by y'all. I was influenced by people like cy Percied. I thought Ice Cube was like that nigga bro Prime ice Cube with Ice considered Little Wayne to be that nigga from from straight out of Compton and Easy does it all the way to death Certificate.
Speaker 2: It's like an argument that that's the dopest chunk of that top hip hop down there. Everything on what these niggas is doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah that death what no, Joe, No, that was.
Speaker 1: Special man, that was he was breaking even chill, that will the birth the power uh in dangers.
Speaker 2: Species, the remixing that species. Like that shit that seemed special. And then like I said, it took me under.
Speaker 1: And then the whale sample nigga, Well all of that shit that oh man, that's the goosebumps nigga. So like I'm big on the chronological order of hip hop, history matters to me because you could see his influence on people.
Speaker 2: You could see a cycercial influenced cubes influence at WA's Dre's.
Speaker 1: You could go back farther enough to see where this shit came from.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people wouldn't like that. They don't want to do that. They do that on the East coast, they preserve their history.
Speaker 1: Going on the West, we show busy tearing each other down, that there's no preservation of our dopeness and our road map to show the treaty we go far because I'm proud to come from that lineage of what the Homies is doing.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of that far.
Speaker 3: That is because of what you said earlier. We don't get people. That's really nice with big ship of position. Man, it's always people from outside the coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it ain't gonna not no other race of people in none mills. But it's like Oparl Wall six. They ain't got one black DJ. I don't think it's one black show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there was a time where that would have been considered unacceptable. All we gotta do is listen to a track run on America. Most wanted to tell you what time it would have been. Nigga choose on everybody, as did Cornelius Nigga that nigga was on the American band staying Nigga anybody if they was, if they was playing with the culture, diluting the culture, they would get called out on it.
Speaker 2: And that stopped.
Speaker 1: Happening because niggas started getting checks, them checks. Niggas sold the cultures exact the integrity of the well bad.
Speaker 3: So when you was doing, when you was fucking with seeing singing black market ricords, how many ricords does drug over shit?
Speaker 2: I dropped, So I didna niggas.
Speaker 1: In black first and then uh with Tantrum from front of flats, and then Lynch got involved. Yeah, and then those recordings became psychoactive, and the Exiousists happened bill Board, I forgiven happened bill Board. My nefarious project happened bill Board. The seatbull Tillmarcastic drops Billboard. Then that ain't counting twenty four deep. It's Season of the Sickness and all that shit, because my Exorcist album was actually called Season of the Sickness. That was what I was gonna call it, but nobody believed that I was gonna be able to do it. So I'm working on what would become Season of the Sickness, and somewhere over there they decided that that's what Lynch's album should be called, but that was actually the name of my album that became Exorcists, So I chose the name Exiorosists because they utilized Season of the Sickness for men's They saw I do Exorsists and all those different projects and just kept it moving.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I was obsessed and hitting bill Board and the culture paying attention. I didn't get the kind of stories written it. I would have liked the kid repeating up what the AP wrote, lazy reporting, but uh, it was dope that they kept my name alive.
Speaker 2: And you got lunching boat keeping my name alone.
Speaker 3: You know in sensation Liza, like we see earlier. You see it was like over lift. You know this dude man the rap lyricsy wrapped the bottle murder. He could be you know, they pushing that thing. They don't care if it's true a bel gift, it's true or false, as long as the reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't care. Man. All they want is the outcomes that they want.
Speaker 3: So I see it made some bread over there with you what you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cedric definitely made some bread. I feel like everybody made some bread. Everybody made some bread. What we did with it and how we got it, and you know what our individual deals work, that's a different question. But everybody definitely generated now. You know, I always if I told Cedric to send me ten bands, twenty bands like tonight, I had that ship by Monday.
Speaker 2: I have it by monday now. Still he just it's been. It was different for me with Cedric Singleton, and that's why there's no.
Speaker 1: Record that we're saying nothing reckless about him. And I feel like that brother didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Me didn't know what the fuck he was doing. I definitely know what the fuck I was doing. I just knew I was dope. I wanted to be dope, and I wanted to grow and get better as an MC. But like we was winging it, and so I all look at that brother like he was being a predatory person on us, and shit, I look like he made mistakes that cost him money too. He missed money as well. But like it wants you know better now we I'm gonna need you to do better. And some people feel like that in Apple fast enough. But in my case, you know, I was a juvenile and I got arrested. Cedric came up there, told him he was my father and visited me because he was worried they was trying to get me the depth in it.
Speaker 2: So this nigga's telling them he's my.
Speaker 1: Father and was coming to see me and make sure that my spirit is good and that I asked somebody I wasn't getting abused. You know, he would go back. I end up in the county jail. Cedric is there. I go to the prison. Cedric used to come and to visit a row play chess with me four or five hours. At the time, I was a seventeen year old baby. You know the amount of empathy he had. He never let nobody during interviews. He never let nobody play with me. He always defended what I was doing. And so I happen to just have I happened to love this nigga. I love it, you know what I mean? He was, let's do That's my pops. I call him Pops. He like my J prince and he kind of like a J prince to Marsie. It ain't my place to speak on Mazi's relationship with Cedric, but I'll say, MASI has a relationship with Cedric that has prevented us from having issues.
Speaker 2: With each other because.
Speaker 1: That's my pops, and that's that's somebody that that that that that assisted Mazi with doing what he was doing too. But it would break his heart, you know. He was the main line like man, y'all. You know, look at my baby boys. Man, you know the same way I'll speak of mind. And so I just always kept it. I just kept that relationship best doory.
Speaker 3: It was though I had the man got to communion say it same because I called you the other day and I said, man, guess what, like it was some dude Africa I'm just flipping through the thing and it's this African channel or whatever, and I'm seeing to do the wed here with the biggest man for the biggest record label in Africa, Black Market Records, and I'm like somebody gonna throw only you know, say a thing's left and it's him over there Africa and the saying he got cracking big international African artists.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, everything, he got a relationship with the president. Everything.
Speaker 1: We could go to Africa and go to Savari and be walking around with the lions inside of a resort.
Speaker 2: And just be chilling. If we could get there, That's what's gonna happen. We got. We're gonna be having a boss player experience. That niggas.
Speaker 1: That niggas, he the the dude over there, one of them. He wanted the dudes over there. You tell me all the time, man, you he sent me pictures of murals. He like you on the wall over here, you with that gun to your head is on the walls out here in Africa.
Speaker 2: It's like I walk around, it's like it's Tupac on the wall.
Speaker 1: And you say, you'll see Chinzick on the wall. You'll see Snoop on the wall. He's like you on the wall outre or that that's cycle. I take a picture on the wall that the.
Speaker 3: So somebody somebody at the show in Africa, senter's a picture that but to see if I know they got the only eight someone floating on that wall.
Speaker 2: He wax is on the wall.
Speaker 3: I didn't yehe man, you know what. That's dope, man, because you know what I always tell people. You do have the horror stories from back in the day of people doing stuff, but a lot of stuff could be contributed to people being young and not knowing how to man situation. Man.
Speaker 2: We gotta operate from empathy.
Speaker 1: Man. I was a I was tripping and I was I was pushing the line that was damnar I sustainable. It was inevitable. I had to I was gonna die or go to jail. It was inevitable. That's what that behavior does. And that's what it was for me.
Speaker 2: And I was not only one.
Speaker 1: That's what the That's what Tom was in this country. It's a lot of conditions that have been driven us just have to survive fight and we all got.
Speaker 4: We all felt the pressure of growing up in poverty and low income and just trying to survive with where we're victims of it, and that's what turned a lot of us into them, them vicious street characters, you get me. We was influenced by the niggas we saw hitting me. Uh Like, you know, they had fucking the motherfuckers in your library books and they taught you that bullshiting class about who's your heroes, and the motherfucker and the horse with the cowboy hat Martin had a dream, and and fucking the lady sat in the back of the bus refuse rows of porns and all that. They teach you that ship. But in reality, motherfucker, it's niggas outside sheeting every day, selling drugs and shipping nigga and I'm one up. You feel neat, So that trying to teach a nigga some other reality of where I'm at, nigga goes, Nigga, Look what the funk I'm at you. You can't teach me no other reality than what I'm seeing every day. So a lot of us young fall mixed them to it, and a lot of the niggas don't understand laughing for us, was father that's sending the homes and ship, Yeah, exactly, it's coming up, so for real.
Speaker 3: So the garden block, the sea boof garden man, you got yo, brother lakes, Yo, you don't have that vicious crawls with the garden block, yo. Yo. That's presence, y'all gotta because it's some youngsters over there getting busy carting toys.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm right there. He's the vicious.
Speaker 3: Bulls.
Speaker 4: Yes, guard a lot, garden block favorous man.
Speaker 1: Let's say it on these names. Man, you said we got award gip when there was yeah macintoe. Okay, So my big hommy dolty right yere, my big hommy douty is we.
Speaker 2: Was one of the first ones outside.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: He's from twenty nar Street. Our area.
Speaker 1: There's a box that guard block sits in that box is Medoview Road, Franklin Boulevard, Florin Road, the Freeport Boulevard, and that kind of most of everything in that box a little bit above Franklin. All of that is considered the guards keyways and and Dominus out there. And so our particular section we got three streets twenty nur Street, twenty fourth Street, and twenty first three and we call that nine one follow twenty Gang Garden Block Cribs South.
Speaker 2: Side and now in that. Out of that, Dar Lennias has produced uh trick.
Speaker 1: Hit Three Brothers, then myself, the first real international individual solo artists and the one that really brought the attention to the set. Like Psychoacticus Brother Lynch and see will on it. It was so early. Psychoactive was so early. Sea Boll's name is Snowman. In the credits, he's it's only to say Seaboll, It's say the Homie Snowman.
Speaker 2: And so like my.
Speaker 1: Fucking with a Psycho chorus, that sea bow on their Sea Bow on every single bitch chorus talking in the background.
Speaker 2: That's Buck. He was in the studio with us and Sit.
Speaker 1: I remember that Nigga came off from wire I'm at the Homie a Seahouse playing around on Percy's Elasi's drummer scene, and the Nigga Bo walked through the duk Homie Ac and Black from twenty nine Street Bo the dog openisig got the blue Khaki sou gone with the Cortes, and then Nigga got the Jerry Curl with the lots everywhere, and he's just beautiful fresh out. I'm like fifteen because it's probably like nineteen or twenty nineteen knocking on twenty or something like that, you know, And uh, I just remember that it was a dumb bass thing when he came home, and so Bo was just running around and making music. Marv Matt, She was fucking with people in the set like that. Mike mose all of them, he was working with them, Rick Rock, Rick Rock had a house on twenty nine Street. Yeah, Mike Mosley is the nigga and then almost everybody's under them. Studio Tone is the one that was really the dude a studio. He was doing forty too, wouldn't Yeah, we can't say everybody. He was doing forty Ship and he was the big hall on theos SO Studio call of forty.
Speaker 2: It was the big house. And all the other niggas was following.
Speaker 1: Mike Moseley, Sam Bostick and Rick Rockers all following behind him. Young disciples learning their way and getting that dick. But that my phone that bounced was coming really out of niggas getting the bar what Tall Copon did and then Mike Moseley, Sambostik and Rick Rock finding the own way.
Speaker 3: Legendary is production and Sam Bostonias head slips super.
Speaker 1: That shit was coming out of Sacramento and believing everywhere else from out the other way around. Studio Tall had that sound coming out the bay and that's how I was working, but it was different from what what was coming out the other direction. And then that nigga Spice was doing what he was doing. And then you had that nigga Richard Reck Redgy Hitler wasn't Killer, Frank Robson, MATC Felix, missus.
Speaker 2: So money made money, your twenty G stats.
Speaker 1: Moses split the c in King, Tuck war Good and Jesus is the change of the story just told of my.
Speaker 2: Possey balloom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: That nigga has to realize this is like I wasn't even in the studio yet I got the chance to tell rich that. I really was happy that I could tell him just like you was what that blue taking into us?
Speaker 2: Rocky Niggas Me and Cuz talk about you. I don't know if you know, me and him be on the foll two three.
Speaker 4: Hours out of time that just got damn mouth was ship this nigga.
Speaker 1: We would be talking about you, like where did this nigga? Where where you fit in and what you did for the culture.
Speaker 3: We put some ship to get putting place, yeah yeah, run you know, putting plays together. It's very you know very just do. All you gotta do is hit the whole. Are just gonna be half stepping tip through into that motherfucker. You gotta hit that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Shit he a motherfucker Like, what's that movie my niggas shot a nigga when he was going through the hole or movie?
Speaker 2: Like everything it's gonna be an old right here.
Speaker 4: It's a move right the way.
Speaker 2: This is the fire, no effort for eight nigga, that's eight eight.
Speaker 1: Youre about open the age. Show up, eight voice, show up, eight name, show up. It's gonna work because nigga, Come on now, ley what everybody else is doing right now?
Speaker 2: Niggas out there that HEAs outside like an m c A. You are your brand. It's so powerful right now in this area. Like that's an ease.
Speaker 3: It's just what I'm you know what I want to ask you, though? Man? Why is sack of malo music's so dark?
Speaker 1: I think I gotta I think a lot of that was my fut when Psychoactive.
Speaker 2: Came out and the Exorcist came out.
Speaker 1: Then twenty four Deep happened and the season what change season that the sickness happened, that role to success, creating limicry. Niggas started mimicking what we was doing, and you know, they felt like that was the laying and it and it was dope. There was a pocket to be in. So I came kind of unforgiven. I kind of sped the tempo up, and I felt like Lynch all Loaded did Lynce, Like Loaded was really Lynch doing Lynce. We all kind of had each other. We were a malgamation of each other. But when I did unforgiving it, I did unforgiven. And well, let's did Loaded. That was Lynch doing Lenz. And then Bedo BoA's enemy of a State in it and he did that was both doing both. So everybody had their own individual approach to the pocket.
Speaker 2: And that's one of the things that made us dope.
Speaker 1: And then we introduced Luney Coleon on my Exorcist album, and then I introduced T Nutty on my Vengeance's Mind album. I introduced Belizo in them on my Initiation in my City of Kings probably Jack, so like I just been you know, putting the armies and positions every chance I got, no matter what, because I feel like that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: And we just dug some of.
Speaker 3: The yeas up there, you know, before we go, I gotta asking this man. So you come home and get out the stuff. How do you look up with tech men? Oh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: So like, I got this really bad habit that I probably won't be able to break. Man, it's unfortunate then, but I like to take brother Lynch's fades.
Speaker 2: That's my brother, you know what I mean. So somebody got.
Speaker 1: An issue with Lynch, It's likely that I'm not gonna be okay about that.
Speaker 2: And so Lynch and Tech nine bompais a little bit over something.
Speaker 1: And there was a song that was circulating and people who speculated was about Lynch, and uh, I felt like Lynch and TeX's.
Speaker 2: Business was they business? So I didn't want to get in that.
Speaker 1: But when the other niggas started charming in and Avid pom Pops just sitting pissed me off. So I just kind of just was like, like, I don't know all these other men, I said, I felt like them too. For work They issue out and they deserve that right, to do that and being who.
Speaker 2: They are to each other.
Speaker 1: But the rest of you niggas with your pop pops, I'm not never fucking the you niggas again. And Tech kind of comment them in post like I much respect for that. I'm gonna we'll see each other out there.
Speaker 2: Man must love.
Speaker 1: And uh So I had a little hustle going and I was able to grab a bag for Lynch and I was like, hes, you can go to KC.
Speaker 2: We got this bag that got a chance to get me a bag, and'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: So we went out to KC to do a show and uh, I'm at Lowe's and my fallster blown up from ground. This crip, little crip niggas start calling cuse blah blah blah. This nigga wanted to talk to you, Like who you Tech, My honey, this nigga you go into the barbecue. I was like, what barbecue? After Armies having the barbecue? Tech Tech is us and if you coming, because if you come, he go pull up. So I'm like, you got you got these young niggas out here having a barbecue, hoping that they excelling.
Speaker 2: Tech about the show up.
Speaker 1: But I don't know is that somewhere take what they wanted to be, because it's some probability that like I might show up the city, the city the Young Keyway, Almays be pulling up if you like.
Speaker 2: Nigga, come on, I'll be with them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But they do it. They take me up, they don't take me down. So you know, it'll be the young Keyway nigga with the cars and a little bit of money and he moving around and we doing it like this, and he'll bring niggas up with us, you know what I mean, instead of making me go down. But I'll go down there to some brands, into some guts and we'll we'll kick it for a minute and dip out. But it's always happened in the right way, just enough to give us salute, you know what I mean. So me and let's go fun. Finally it bring it's the little honey Treds. I trust Trids. That's my little brother. I asked for what's up the Trids? Like, man, where're you eating at? I'm like, I'll tell you I'm looking at these places. He said, all right, I'll say I'm gonna pick this on. Say I'll be there at fifteen minutes, take and be there at thirty. I'm like, cool, we go around the corner. We're doing us. We getting in the restaurant and shut our chairs, walked through the dot and then balling this nigga tech walk did the dog. I face timed Lynch had let them tark briefly Lynch. I told Lynch we was going but you know, Lynce is gonna do it. Lynch is a Lynch is hit his stage where if if, if there ain't a real reason, this nigga's not going over nowhere.
Speaker 2: I respect that, Like I'm with these babies now, I'm a homebody.
Speaker 1: So I understood it. I'll face tied them though. We broke bread, great conversation, take go, dip off to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: We all talked it.
Speaker 1: Then they could walk back up and handed me a phone and he was driving so goad. He was like, man, would you put you doing Monday? I was like, cause I was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: On playing like Saturday or Sunday. I was like, shit, I ain't doing nothing Monday. What's happen?
Speaker 1: And he was like, pull up on me, man at one o'clock, I want to have a meet with you on Monday. I'm like, okay, cool, that's June fourteenth for twenty twenty one. So I got all this weekend to do whatever just is all the way hunger out with the Chase Keyway homies, my nigga, Teate Diggs, Twelfth Street, a few of them. We hung out, ran around the city a little bit, uh, and then it come Monday, like me and Tech. This Saturday, me and Tech invited all of us to Jack Stacks, so we have a dinner for like fifteen people. And I get this, nigga, let's come on, nigga, and they just pull up and they sat down and had a convo, and I was the first convo since lanch had really left Strange music. Where the two of them sat down and we ate some barbecue, broke bread. Lychar Sade came. It was mom, nephew.
Speaker 3: You know young.
Speaker 2: Yates.
Speaker 1: He's a savage beast, this wide eighth dollar sign and he and Monster's only collab out. But he came out to say he wanted to meet brother Lynchong and x Rady. So he came, you know, and I was dope, and we broke bread and so Tech came New Vegas, same thing kicked it and shit, you know, I got even plug at the Aria. It was just a dope ass weekend. And then uh he Filely was like, man, man, I got this song.
Speaker 2: I want you to hear. He send me the song. I'm like, I think the song is due. He was like, let me hear. He said, do you let me hear what you got?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: I was like all right, so I go in there. I'll do my thing and turned into still right here and he was like, yeah, we got one.
Speaker 2: We got one. That motherfucker ran up a couple million streams.
Speaker 1: Video did very well, and then uh Tech was like, hey, man, my partner coming to Vegas. He's like, he got a couple of things to do, but that nigga's there to see you. He was like, he there to see you, bro, He's there to see you. He said, So sit telling what you need, telling what you what your vision is, and then let me know. And uh, they were gonna move. He was like, I'll need you with me.
Speaker 2: I was like cool, and then sure enough, Traff came to town.
Speaker 1: He came to my office, he came to my building, met with my business partners and uh in Las Vegas and uh, they discussed.
Speaker 2: Plans to sit like that and then they sent.
Speaker 3: So it was quite bad.
Speaker 2: I think the whole process.
Speaker 1: Took from June to March, from June to Twe won in March of twenty two, and then I got my chain and got the announcement on the stage at Red Rocks, like where Michael Jackson and the Beatles were performed for it, you know what I mean, front.
Speaker 2: Of ten thousand people. That's a little as we're just doing all that.
Speaker 3: Them dudes probably got the most impressive set up there. Have you ever seen Strange Landing?
Speaker 2: Actually, Chris, I'm gonna need to do We're gonna have to prerect that.
Speaker 3: You gotta go out there and see this.
Speaker 2: I toured Strange.
Speaker 1: I toured the Strange Universe, and we spent four hours accessing each level of what is essentially like a college campus dedicated to crew music, creation, to contract careers.
Speaker 2: And not even you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's it's at four hours and we still didn't see it all. But it's a car wise. We got our car Wise, and then there's Strange Music, which is our headquarters, and then you got Strange land We just creative department. Did you he got a Strange world, which is where the merchants made. And he got Strange Works, which is a construction company really, and then you have Strange Box, which is like a toy box, and that's where all the cars are.
Speaker 2: And if you do it's just a beautiful situation.
Speaker 3: Here's some crazy shit, man, Tech. You know what's funny. As I made Chick Willing's uh my boy Marrow, he used to work West Records Techlets signed the question and Huan Creek was with him, and that's when I first heard cycle of Big Soli King. And my boy Mark sat at my homeboy Marrio and he was doing some work for West, and he kept telling me, Man, because you know, I'm ridgingly from the Midwest. He's a teller.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's a dude from Kansas City. He used to all this to ch was Cleveland of Kansas City. And I be like, man, Kansas City is Kansas City. Cleveland Cleveland leaned on on each other's face like that. But he'll let me hear the cycles big Saw. And I was like, this dude Lean he is ill man craddy as he got flowed right. So he took me to a show. When Tech first started a strain and this sow shit grow. It was about maybe they had to short the House of Blues and was making seventy people there. This is like at the beginning. Scared me and the snun Brimer was there, and it's like the beginning. But when I tell you niggas, they rocked all seventy of them motherfuckers, like seventy people in that motherfucker all the things. I was like, this dude got something.
Speaker 2: Tell it was the beginning of it.
Speaker 3: And he did the same servant. Next year he came out losing. I would go to every show they would let me and I kick it with him, Chris calif and all of them. It was bigger. It was a lot bigger. I was loss full. Next time he came, it was too big for the House Blues. He had to have the Key Club and this nigga had trial. Like when the Key Club hauled like three four thousand people up in that motherfucker, it's wall of the wall, and I'm like, this nigga really did And I saw them gold be in them vans.
Speaker 2: Does that Yeah, Yeah, that nigga still does that. Yeah, it's dot to see it. I love man. You know, one of the me and Krooker had this conversation. He was like, I love to see a black man, a black man landing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It was just the racial was a motherfuckers in tech do it like?
Speaker 1: Man, I think it's the toughest fuck that and that it was him, you know, And Travis is asad traved Off fucking around.
Speaker 2: Travis is one of the smartest motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: And it was hard too because I tell you, I knew about tech situation when take got off a strange he had a thing with you, not with the homely sway in tech, that something going on with them. So it was a lot of little stuff that he had to go clear up. West was still talking about They was all with some money before they typically ain't released them yet. So Trav when they cleared all this stuff and I saw the play that they ring and trash, you could tell he was committed because he kept white fucking already in and I saw but you saw a bubble though, man, and this suppressive ship out for ever seeing in my life.
Speaker 2: That's up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could tell you that the energy is beautiful, and uh, I think it's accurate in terms of it being.
Speaker 2: In some of the most impressive shit of myth.
Speaker 1: As somebody who has unfettered access to every level of it, I can tell you for sure that it is real.
Speaker 2: It's the capabilities of that machine. It's nice. It's like being a quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's like being a player getting drafted to a team that's already ready to go, and you're like, oh, I can't.
Speaker 3: Any merchant step over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my march there.
Speaker 3: He's just amazing you being able to walk up to your label and going to this building and they're doing all the ship that you got up in your a and they just doing it.
Speaker 2: And then you go over there and you.
Speaker 3: See a whole bunch of fings with your wrap on it that you're about to go on tour, and you go bet hit fifty cities and Mike as ring. Nah, It's it's just super crack dog. And I ain't even see nothing.
Speaker 1: Like it an entire street. There's just strange logos as you drive down. Now, Mom, funny Victoria.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you that tripped you out first, specially.
Speaker 2: When I first saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they tripped me out in a positive way, like a kid in the candy store target shit, Like I don't know what to do, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, yeah, I know what to do with this. And Check told me he was like, maigg anything you can imagine child Challenge and Challenge team and see, I'll bet you that.
Speaker 2: He watched and I got it was.
Speaker 3: Budget too, ma'am. You ain't got no exac with the video. Your videos are like they like, all of them are doing.
Speaker 1: So the video department, don't fuck around about me, man, that's the creative department. Strange Land itself is a dope place and it's some dope assed dudes in there, and they been really good to me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I got great relationships with the people that are responsible for doing the creative work.
Speaker 2: Those are my best relationships. And Stace, you know, the videographer. It was my people.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to go on there with Trav Man for a long time.
Speaker 1: He's a very really well I used to think I was busy. I really believed it, and then I met these niggas. I spent like during super Bowl week, which is probably a hyper version of it, exaggerated version of it, but I spent super Bowl two weeks I think, and leading up to the super Bowl with them and that was. That was the most exhausting shit ever. Them niggas move, them niggas move, also militaristic.
Speaker 2: Bam bam bam bam bam band bam bam. Farms is gain.
Speaker 1: Executive over here in and break the camera guy, and we moved and made all that shit happen.
Speaker 2: I remember I sat on the couch and was like, damn and I was just like, man, let me just chill four a minute. I fall asleep. When I walk up this nigga tech is gone from the suite.
Speaker 1: He don't win it did the show with twenty one Savage and all of them all this shit, and is walking in the room and he was.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I could don't kill me as I just couldn't wake you up.
Speaker 1: And I realized, like sitting down and going to sleep that fast, I missed all this. I missed all that shit, and that's what I was there for. So the lesson I learned is ain't no sleeping when when when we wake up in the morning, you get yourself ready and it's fine to whatever tarn Travis said to be downstairs.
Speaker 2: We was downstairs and we moved.
Speaker 1: And then when when that night is done, you gotta wash your face, brush your teeth, and go to sleep. You gotta and then get up in the morning. If there ain't no plan on your phone, tell me to catch up on my social nitty them two three hours, you weren't to sleep. Now we up again in the morning. You do it again the next day. You six hours, You got a six and a half hours sleep deficit, pass out for forty five minutes, and you just missed a great majority of the things we're here to do, you know what I mean. So I learned, like I gotta stay with them, run the plays the coach called and win the pro If they went to sleep, you go to sleep. If they ain't sleep, you ain't. And it taught me what busy was and what busy wasn't too me. Nigga's busy, they based. They still managed to come through like everything that I've ever beat it, both of them come through.
Speaker 2: If I call it, I can't talk right now. And as for the father, tell me they can't talk. If I say I need something done for them, they get it done like that.
Speaker 3: And is this s sicking? The third album over?
Speaker 1: This is my second album, But it don't really matter because I'm gonna do I'm gonna do all kind of shit over there.
Speaker 2: It don't matter the fifty fifth album, whatever it is. It's out like we pushing.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta keep push and ship.
Speaker 3: That's so that's hard. Opefully I know you in time then you would get a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Hopefully gave you a different experience. Man.
Speaker 1: Oh I anticipated that was on the way here. I was like this, some of this other ship has worked. It's about to be chilling with our folks. It's a different the sad thing with Big Court. You know, gon show you I'm Big Court man. This is my god right there? What man sucking. I ain't gonnaell them. I ain't gonna be talking about them players at the work because out there, you know they'd be here less.
Speaker 4: We're about to do this.
Speaker 3: They're taking me a little hater.
Speaker 2: They're made, Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: They got there, so they doing. They just saw the nigga Steels say throw your worlder's play. Niggas will run your play. Have that idea like them?
Speaker 2: All right, Gate is a real thig like Spiker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spiky like a motherfucker. So and make sure I got this right man. All this twenty third, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'll do the drum roll man, Yeah, here it comes, attendant, Heaven will be dropping uh off twenty fourth Street. Actually the twenty fourth letter alphabet I did twenty four years before I knew I was coming on, and they're coming on two years later. Uh, twenty four hundred is midnight in military time. I got twenty four songs on the album, and that's kind of what I'm all were pushing that. And the Sin in Heaven is about all of the different stages than the stakes eerrors that I've made since I came along, the right decisions and how it worked out. This is the story in my Sin in Heaven, from top to bottom, and it's it I feel like in the legacy of West Coast hip hop lyrical longs.
Speaker 2: It fits, it fits, it belongs there. It's a slapper for us.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm proud.
Speaker 1: I hope I do you justice or I hope you gonna hear it well, I ain't get it long and make your feel like a yeah, it's good, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. I did that, man.
Speaker 3: I can't wait the bank man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it slap man.
Speaker 1: I'm happy, you know, coming off all this shit that I did with Tech, the Joiner Lucas Conway thing for rock Cham to post my shit, you know what I mean, for our conversation faces with corrupt.
Speaker 2: My niggas ce mob Like. It's just it's a dope thing to be able there, to stand up to that level. What's required for you to be that double especially now everybody ain't still dope. Don't you know if you went crazy when you came in on Mass City, don't you know what that did to us? You know what I mean? You and you don't get to jail.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: Come when that came over. Keep some of that authenticity, man, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do.
Speaker 1: That's how I want people to feel when they able to hear this album the way I felt i heard it pop up on Mass City.
Speaker 2: I need them to feel it. It's really good.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of it, you know, because you've been probing some question ship man man, you just you know what you gotta, but you be some shit for rock Him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, out there they are yeah rock Him and Method Man, and uh you know it's rock Him and Method Man.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, no, that's Roman. You want it? What real rep? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would I think I'm like I'm on behalf of the West Coast. I gotta so every line. I always no lines. First round overall draft pick I was chosen a roll with a circle of ominous man call us the Old Men, Ozy Osbourne, Bien Heads All Bats, his black magic Killer Cipher on a Saturday call.
Speaker 2: Out a black Sabbath. What you know what I mean? Like, I been garn shit the fuck up? I really been born.
Speaker 1: Sit up, I've been doing shit. Kids with good respect nigga and then gotta respect. I want you all to respect it. I want the game to respect it, and I want my motherfucking spot right. We're all the loll you know what I mean? In w A here we tell bow blah blah blah, just most Nigga, ice cube X rated Nigga, then deep.
Speaker 3: For brother Lynch. Nigga said to come up and support this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do it. I've been hostile with my nose.
Speaker 1: Travis o'gwnn is the Bill Belichick at this Independence ship. He's the He's the he's the reigning coach of the Year, several champions trophies, all of that type of shit and techts hit.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady and so I'm listening.
Speaker 1: I'm getting the machine that has produced successful championships, and to me, I want to run the place that they think are the best plays. I don't got time to make little homy mistakes. I't got time to do little homye shit. So my note game is strong.
Speaker 2: I'm Matrix Neo with the nose Nigga.
Speaker 1: My nose is savage. So as a result of my nose being savage, they got to pay me very well for my yests. If I'm leaving my babies at home, I want to be compensated like I belong in the era i'll belong. I want to perform in the area that is deserving the one of us. And I'm gonna say no, I don't give a fuck. If I don't like your venue, it's out. If I like the bag, it's out. If I don't like the beat, it's out because I don't got time. I don't have time to do it the other way. And it's disrespectful to Iraq Kim, it's disrespectful to Tech and Travis. It's disrespectful to Joiner, Lucas and Conway to be associated with this energy.
Speaker 2: And then I go do some little Nigga City, Like what you up here for?
Speaker 1: There? You can't confuse them. I'm like, we don't Mount Olympus they talk about they rush Moores. We don't Mount o Leptos. And you can you can go off that thing and come back up and.
Speaker 2: It start getting confusing. Do you ball up here? Or are you down there?
Speaker 1: And I all want to walk down Mount Olympus knowing I want to hang out up there and my throw lightning boats.
Speaker 2: At Motherfucker's Nigga seven and just stay up there. So that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Lets its Rock Kim's up there, the as up there, It's Doctor Dre's up there.
Speaker 2: I like Mount Olympus, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's real ship. So we try to get fit with you. Come on, got some ship, Mayle. But you know what, we appreciate you coming to sit down with this dull and date.
Speaker 2: It's an honor, man.
Speaker 1: I love y'all niggas man, which I love our conversations. I love your contribution to the culture. It matters to me'll really, my internal Ippop Chad is a very happy guy right now.
Speaker 2: The blue Tape, Nigga, was you active? Was you outside with the blue tape.
Speaker 3: It's cracky.
Speaker 2: You batter being, you've battered being, and if you was, then you know what the blue tape was about. It was activated, was the activated one?
Speaker 3: Jill?
Speaker 2: Jill there, I got that.
Speaker 3: Let's take this flick real quick, flish