Speaker 1: So I'm going with Mercedes. Money, not money like the painting, but money like can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well before my prediction, can we all agree that they've been booking her terribly in aw It's been so uneventful. It's like not enough wrestling, very predictable stuff.
Speaker 3: Now your main events introducing the hosts are Wrestling Within Freddy, Jeff Died, and for Ready Price Tune.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a brand new episode of Wrestling with Freddy with me as always is a great Jeff Die. Let's start the show right, No, alright, you guys, we're gonna do predictions. Why because there are multiple paper views going on. We're gonna get right into it. But we're gonna do something new because we've noticed on social media you guys like the predictions and you like making predictions too. So here's what we're gonna do. It's all about bragging rights, to see who's smarter, to see who's better, to see who knows more about professional wrestling. Damn it, I'm sick of it being a tie, So we're breaking it up between Jeff, our awesome producer Alex and myself. We're going to see who gets the most right with each of these pay per views or premium live events. Its stupid premium live events. Got to have a better name than that. Anyway, We're going to see who gets them right, and y'all are going to get to vote, too, and whoever the best is out of y'all, and whoever the best is out of our triumvirate will be the Federation Prediction Champion. Jeff, I don't want to make any predictions too soon, but I predict total and complete victory on my behalf.
Speaker 2: You are better predicting these things because I always go with my heart. I don't go with what I believe will happen. I go with what I want to happen. And that's how I always get my predictions all of the mixed up.
Speaker 1: If we do well with this, though, isn't like one of those gambling sites letting people gamble on wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can gamble on wrestling. I've done can.
Speaker 1: Start making people money. Dude, you gambled on wrestling, on professional wrestling.
Speaker 2: I had some inside sources on some female wrest.
Speaker 1: Say that you get arrested, bro Jesus Christ. All right, here we go. Ae W is having their double or Nothing event. Pretty good car, Pretty good car. I'm not super stoked for every match because not every match has had a story coming up to it. Some of them have been quick and fast forward. But the people within the match are really good, and I expect a good pay per view. I might even be in Las Vegas when this event takes place, and I might try to sneak a couple of tickets, Jeff, if you want to sneak out that way. Yeah, dude, all right, first up, and I don't know if this is the order they're going to be on the card, but we're going with Takeshita versus John Moxley. Takesh as you know all know is with Don kallis the evil Don Kallas with the six scar on his head that he took for the business because he's a stud. They're gonna wrestle John Moxley has a title from Japan, the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. Who's gonna win, John friggin Moxley's gonna win? Wear Wolf, the angry promo, the walk through the crowd sandman style, which is always cool. We love John Moxley. He does look like a were wolf, and he's gonna win this match.
Speaker 2: He's not just who I like to win, He's also who I want to win, So that is also my prediction. Big John Moxley guy, he feels like the spirit of AEW in a way, like when you go to a showy see John Moxley promo you see him walking through the crowd. I don't know, it just feels like he is AW.
Speaker 1: In a lot of ways. He's the heart and soul of it for real. Like I think when him and Punk had that beef story wise and kind of realiz, the aw fans were so behind Moxley. I think it was that moment. It was the Dollars and Cents promo where he was like, I'm the hert and soul of this Company's like, yeah, you be the heart and soul. I'll be the dollars and cents, and the crowd was like, whatever, you can be the dollars and cents. This guy rolls with us. John Moxley just you could tell he's one of those It just gives you kind of everything every single friggin week. And it's a wonder that he hasn't taken a vacation yet. But yeah, John Moxley all the way, so right, now we could go one and oh but we would be tied. Screw a tie. We're not going to be the same all the way down the line. Just so you know, our producer Alex has gone the other way and he thinks it's time for Tikesha to get over as they say, and get a big win. He's gotten big wins over Kenny Omega, got to win over Chris Jericho. I think it would be pretty crazy if you got to win, not a not a dark horse pick. Yeah, you might actually get right on this YouTube.
Speaker 2: Boys always talking about I picked Michael and Latin this, Latin that, But you boys are way more loyal to the Asians. You really are, you know, guilty. I would rather live in Japan. All right, that's awesome there, dude.
Speaker 1: The AEWTBS Championship is being defended by Willow Nightingale. Her manager Stokely Hathaway will be with her. They haven't always seen eye to eye, but I think they're getting a little more eye to elate. And she's wrestling finally Mercedes Money and this is kind of a rematch from a match they had in Japan where Mercedes almost called her Sasha Banks, where Mercedes got injured in the match, and she was out for a long time. It felt like almost a year. I haven't loved this story because it's taken too long. I felt they debuted Mercedes too early just because she was from Boston at that big Boston show, and it's kind of stalled and fizzled since then. It started to pick up as of late, and the go home when Willow cut that promo on her and then put the power slam through the table was finally like a good moment, I thought in the story. So I think Mercedes is going to win because she took the bump at the This is just my philosophy on it. She took the bump at the contract signing, and if my memory serves me correct, usually the person that gets jacked up at the contracts and he wins the match. So I'm going with Mercedes money, not money like the painting, but money like cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, before my prediction, can we all agree that they've been booking her terribly in aw It's been so uneventful. It's like not enough wrestling, very predictable stuff. I love Sasha Banks, I love Coas Garives, I love Mercedes Monet aka Money I'm a big fan of everything she does. She's great, she's talented, she's a five tool wrestler as far as she's got all this stuff she's got going for it. She's also very beautiful. I couldn't be a bigger fan, and I'm just so annoyed with the way they're using her over there, So I wouldn't be surprised if they have her lose. And this is a big push for Willow Nightingale, but I do think that they will let Mercedes Monet. It's hard for me to call her that win, so that's my prediction, but I want Willow to win because I think that that'd be cool. It'd be very unpredictable. But I don't think that they're going to do anything unpredictable with this one.
Speaker 1: In another unpredictable match, I think everybody is gonna pick. Our producer also picks Mercedes Money, so we're all the same on that. So the only person who has a chance to go up really is Alex unless he's wrong on our first match. But next up is the aw Women's World Championship. This to me is the easiest match of the night to pick. I don't see Serena d being the AW World champion, especially with what they have going with Tony Storm and now her sort of building other people up as well with Mariah may So, Tony Storm easiest pick of the night, She's gonna get the win. Serena Deeb's great wrestler. But I just don't see them putting the title on her.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna disagree just just for the sake of disagreeing.
Speaker 1: You're trying to take the lead and trying.
Speaker 2: To go strategic here. I think Tony Storm will lose. I think that they will. I mean, let's be honest, it's not gonna happen. But I'm not gonna pick Tony. I actually don't like what Tony Storm is doing. We've talked about it last week.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, our producer is also going with Tony Storm the right pick the ae W International Championship. This is the title that Roderick Strong got off of Orange Cassidy. This is the match that is going to be the match of the night. How do you say that, Freddie? You don't even know. This is my prediction. It's prediction day. Will Osprey is going to become the International champion in what will be his best match so far. Roderck Strong's a freaking awesome wrestler. He's going to give him a great match. There might even be a little interference that Osprey has to deal with, and then Osprey, the Tom Hardy of professional wrestling, is going to walk away the international champion and we'll see where he goes from there. What about you? What do you say, sir? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Zero chance Roderick Strong wins this match. This is Ospray. It is the Ospray decade. You know what I'm saying. We're I think that, I don't. I'm not. You're not gonna hear me say. Osprey is gonna lose for for a while. He's he's too good, too big, too too valuable to the company. This guy's a winning machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I agree completely, and so does our producer because he's smart and wise. All three of us will Ospray next the ae w TNT Championship in a barbed wire steel cage match. Could have picked any kind of match, could have picked a pillow fight instead, the old Man picked a barbed wire steel cage so that he can bleed like a stuck pig. And Malachi Black will be wrestling against him. I have no idea why the old man would pick this match, except it's time for Malachi Black to be a singles champion. It's time for Malachai Black to finally get the push. Maybe he didn't get pushed once he came to the because he was dealing with injuries. Maybe that's why he was always in tag matches to protect an injury or help him rehab, so he wasn't doing things that would get him hurt. But apparently he's all good. Now he's going to finally wrestle in a meaningful singles match, possibly the first meaningful singles match that he's wrestled in since he joined the company, and he's going to win. Jeff, Malachi Black will be the TNT Championship, and the House of Black will have another, yet another championship. They don't have Julias anymore, but they'll have their championship back in the house.
Speaker 2: What say you, I Am going to go for the lead again here. This is a this is a yeah. This is why I think Adam Copeland will retain. I think that it's too soon for Mallika, but they're going to build that story. It's not too soon. In Malachi Black's career, I'll tell you that, but it's definitely too soon for this specific storyline. So I think that they'll have Adam retain in some sort of in a hodgepodgeway. But I think then they'll keep building for Malachi to to keep.
Speaker 1: Chasing anarchy in the arena match. I don't like these eighteen hundred person tag matches, Jeff, you know, I'm not a fan of them. However, sometimes they're necessary, especially when an evil company is trying to take over your company. The evil company being the Elite and they're trying to take over AEW. They already took out Tony Conley's sons of bitches. Then they took out Kenny Omega, who's recovering from disease I can't even pronounce, and they hit him in a stomach where he let us know, if he gets hit in the stomach, he could end his life, not just his career, And they did it anyway his pastors. So he put together his own team, and his team's pretty badass, except one of them already got hurt. So here we go. Eddie Kingston was in it. He suffers an injury, he loses his strong open Weight Championship to Gabe Kidd and NJPW. The Elite were on hand for a postmatch attack, and they conveniently played into a storyline excuse for the Mad Kings unfortunate injury, and aw chose a surprising replacement in someone we haven't seen in a little while, Jeff Mister Darby Allen. So it will be the Elite, which is Okada, the rain Maker, Okada, who's a really badass wrestler. By the way, Matthew Jackson. Evil Matt is Matthew Jackson's good mad as Matt Nicholas Jackson. Also when he's good, he's just Nick and Jack Perry versus Team a W, which is everybody's favorite wrestler. Brian Danielson, even when he's a bad guy, we love him, Dax Harwood, Cash Wheeler, and Darby Allen. I'll say this without story wise, without Eddie Kingston, it's a little harder for them to win. However, they got a shot. But I'm going with the Elite because I think this story is going to go much longer than we think, and I think it can't end until Kenny Omega is healthy and he ends it himself. As like the advocate for Tony Kahan. So I'm saying the Elite are going to win the anarchy in the arena match, which is a four on four tag match all at the same time match. I don't know, it's a match.
Speaker 2: I gotta go with Team ae W when we're talking about anarchy. If we're talking about anarchy, which also was what I love. They do these matches well in AAW where there's a moment and then a moment here and then a moment here, you don't really even care who wins. You just get so many cool things going on in so many good moments. I feel like when we get on the podcast we start talking about I'm always those are the moments that are sticking out in my head, like, oh do you see that one spot where so and so did sutch and shows, So those are always the These are type of matches I really like, and I think AW does them best. But you can't if we're talking anarchy in the ring. I know that Eddie Kingston is out, but the fact that Darby Allen is back, Come on, it's an anarchy and the arena match, I'm not going against yeah at all. I'm picking the Darby Allen's team. I love that he's back. There's gonna be some huge moments we win no matter what, because this match is gonna be awesome in my opinion, so I'm picking Team a W.
Speaker 1: Finally, sir, we have the ae W World Championship Swerve Strickland. We love him, multiple time guests here on the show with his awesome manager, Prince Nana. That opening that entrance is going to be great versus Christian Cage with the Patriarchy, kill Switch formerly known as Lucasaurus, Nick Wayne formerly known as Nick Wayne, and Mother Wayne who's always known as Mother Wayne. Our producer who also picked the Elite to win our last match, picked Swerve to win this match. I of course picked Swerve as well. It'll be tough. He's gonna have to overcome eight different people because the fam the patriarchy is big, but he's still gonna win. And a way they're taking the belt off Swerve that soon, Swerve Strickland. What's say you?
Speaker 2: I agree? I think there's just no way Swerve doesn't retain. It's the Swerve era. He's the champ. We're not going to see him going nowhere, So that's a safe bet. But I do want to give a nod to Uh. I was just watching literally last night to kind of catch up on all the wrestling of the week, And is there any better bad guy than Christian Cage.
Speaker 1: He's such a great piece of like he's such a petty son of a bitch and in real life he's like the nicest Canadian dude ever. But he just knows how to be a scumback. He's the best.
Speaker 2: He's the best at being, like you said, a piece of shit. He's just he is a perfect piece of ship.
Speaker 1: So shout out to that as a compliment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we mean mean too. I mean it as a like, he's so good at it, it's awesome. So tip of add to Christian. But uh, you know, Swarves swerves the pick and it's the right.
Speaker 1: There's a history in AEW's double or Nothing, even though it's a short history of big surprise returns at this particular pay per view. Jeff, I'll give you a few names that could be due for a return, and you let me know this will be a bonus pick for everybody. I'll give you a couple that have been injured, and then a crazy one we could get hangman Adam Page, master of the Buckshot Larryot he could come back. We could get Well, he's better than you and he knows it. We could get Maxwell, Jacob Friedman, he could return. I don't know story wise if that would work, or something crazy. Who knows. You could get Goldberg. You get Goldberg to show up, and maybe he's spears and jackknifes everybody. You think any of those could come true, sir Well Freddy.
Speaker 2: Some believe that maybe Jamie Hater will return, or Britt Baker whenever, you know.
Speaker 1: Just I love that she's actually a dentist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when she's not in the ring, she's a dentist. Here's the thing. Everybody has got all these extra predictions for bonus points on who's coming back. Well, I'm going with Rick Flair. That's who I think we'll be back as Rick Flair, fresh from a Gainesville pizza joint, all hungover gone. You know who I am? I could buy this place. He'll look at a fantasy. I'll give you one thousand dollars to tell this this whole arena that their pieces of garbage? Do you know who I am? That's why I thinks we're turning Rick Flair fresh from a Gainsville pizza joint.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the dentist, Britt Baker, and she might hit Flair with his finisher when he comes out, just to shut him up. Ladies and gentlemen signed for listener reviews and Jeff, we're getting We're gonna take some criticism this week. Okay, this guy gave us three stars. His name's Marco Polo. I'm not sure that's what his mama named him, but that's what the man wants to be called. That's what I'm gonna call him. Fair Enough, Marco says, maybe he should sound like Mark. Hey, it's gonna sound like Mario from Ziper Mario Freddie has experience, is a writer for WWE, but instead of using that knowledge to talk about their shows, he gives eighty percent of each episode to a e W which many fans, including myself, don't even watch. You need to balance out the discussion, all right, Marco, Look, it's a fair criticism. However, I will say this last week was all WWE, baby, and a week before that was almost all WWE. So I'm trying to balance it without even before I even read your You're before I even read your thing. I will say this, lately, we've we've silenced some of the WWE talk because the storylines haven't been there yet. They wrapped up a ton at WrestleMania and they're just sort of starting others. If I've been doing that beforehand, then I will try and be more aware of that, and as WWE stories inspire me, I will speak on them more. But you're right, I have left things out, like all the Uncle Howdie seek stuff and all that, but that's just because I don't do social media, and that's where they're telling the majority of that story, so I don't have like I'm not checking QR codes and checking mysterious messages online and stuff like that. So in that regard that you got me and I'm guilty and I'm in cuffs and I'm waiting to see what the judge says. But outside of that, I feel like I do pretty Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I'll say this to Marco Polo, Hey, thanks for listening, and listen. Freddie Prince will talk about whatever the hell he wants to talk about. You shut your mouth when you're talking about the prints like that. His scumbag wants to comment three stars and then go, oh, you don't talk enough about what I want you to. What about all the people at TNA, all those listeners. We're not talking about TNA wrestling, are we? What about all your I'm blowing up. He's giving you a podcast. We're doing our best to entertain you guys, and you're gonna come at us with that.
Speaker 1: Shut the hell up, Marco. You got both sides of the coin there, so I you enjoyed it. Man, you got the heads and the tails. It was very uh DC comic two face. Yeah, I flipped the coil.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about baseball the whole episode if you want, or we don't give it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about whatever the hell we want to talk about next week. Eighties baseball. Yeah, just mustaches.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna talk about mustaches and baseball of the eighties.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's hysterical. So now you guys know, I'm willing to accept the critical review. However you might. You might get attacked by mister Jeff the dog bite.
Speaker 2: Friend's a nice guy, you know, for anyone, the nicest people I've ever met. But don't go afterrunk. Jeff dies coming. Jeff Jackpot's coming to defend so let's talk before the episode ends. I'd like to talk about this Uncle Howdy now. I know when Bray Wyatt was alive and rest in peace, we were huge fans. You know, you weren't a huge fan of the Uncle Howdy mask. You weren't a huge fan of the Uncle Howdy storyline. It was almost like a way to bring Bo Dallas into pro wrestling using the creativity of the one and only Bray why.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: But now that Bray has passed, have you changed your position on maybe this happening? Do you think we'll see the fireflies kind of thing? Like do you think we'll see like a secret six where there's like characters kind of like based off of the creative stuff that Bray created.
Speaker 1: So one hundred percent yes is the short of it, right, And I'm I want to stay open minded. I haven't done any of the QR codes, so I don't know any of the answers to the secrets. But I have seen stuff on Instagram when I when I scroll through Instagram and on board, and I've seen people speculate that there's going to be this Wyat six or Wyatt five. I think it was six, And I've seen people speculate as to who's going to be in it. Look, if they have the right person or people talking and the right person in people wrestling, it can work at various degrees. I mean they've made judgment day work. Sometimes sometimes they don't give him any story. They made lwo work. Sometimes sometimes not enough story, you know what I mean. So it can work. I just without Bray, it's going to be a tougher sell. I was never big I love masks, right a collect mask. I was never a fan of the way the Uncle Howdie mask even looked so right away, it's like a commercial or a trailer for a movie. If you don't like the trailer, you're like, oh that movie stocks you didn't even see the movie, you know what I mean, So how do you know? But it just turned It's something about it turned you off, right, So that's what the mask was for me. But I'm willing to be open to see what kind of a story they're trying to tell and what his motivation for coming back is. And I think they can tell a story with a lot of honesty because it's a it's a brother missing his brother, whatever relationship, how he had to Bray. They can bring real stuff into that, and he can he can profess a lot of pain and want to express that pain to the WWE universe and inflict that pain on other wrestlers that that he feels, you know, aren't appreciating what they have or or whatever his motives are. I'm willing to see whatever they want to do. But the mask is a tough is a tough sell for me. It's just it didn't look look. I watch horror movies, man, I'm a mask snob, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: When a good mask can do the opposite too, Like sometimes the character stinks, but just because it looks cool, We're like, like Darth Maul sucked, but like we like, we love Darth Maul. Before we even saw the movie, Everyone's going out buying the poster of Darth Maul's head, We're buying the double edged light saber. Like if something's cool looking enough, well we're all in. Sometimes, you know, Don Cahodie mask is is rough. But I am interested to see what they can maybe do with this world because we love we love that world so much. Anyways, I'm wondering. I'm sure there's a lot of resting fans that like don't touch it, don't mess with it. But then there's other people that are like, let's explore this. You know, Lexa Bliss comes back. Maybe if there's a way to tie in, Yes, she.
Speaker 1: Could work too. Jay. There's a lot of people that could work the way. I don't think he would work in that family, You don't think so, I don't think. No, I don't think Jay would work. I think he would be someone they would go after because Jay came me.
Speaker 2: Ever want to do the firefly thing with the with the flashlights on. But I'm like, what is maybe secret? Kind of like in the family he got Eric Rowan, There's so many things they could do with I remember the characters and stuff, So I'm excited to see it. I'm all for. My biggest complaint about bray Wyatt was it seemed like he would be gone for like six months, and I'm like, when is the fiend coming? I was always I felt like I was waiting on some bray Lin stock because I couldn't get enough bray Wyatt. So now that bray White's passed, maybe they can find a way to honor him and keep those really cool ideas that he had alive.
Speaker 1: I promise I will give it a shot, and I promise all of you we will be back next week and every week, and we will see you next week. And you can listen to us, and if you want to see our faces, you can check us out on social media. Have a safe and happy and really really fun Memorial Day. And don't forget it's more more about soldiers than it is about us partying. So if you know one, give them some love. And if you don't find one, and give them some love. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.