Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: It's Labor Day.
Speaker 3: So nice to have a three day weekend.
Speaker 1: It is, I met everybody, so happy to have a little extra time to rest and relax and rejuvenate. iHeart Podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app. What do you do on Labor Day?
Speaker 2: Barbecue?
Speaker 3: Barbeque aout you barbecue the pool, have fruit like an stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back in the day, you guys, probably Jenny, you probably know this more than Tory, But like Labor Day used to be the day before the first day of school. Like, yeah, back in the day when I went to school, like elementary, high school, this was the start of the school year.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed. Now it's gotten all wonky.
Speaker 3: When my kids were young too, and now.
Speaker 1: They go back mid August, so so now it's really a good break for them because they already started school and they're I used to actually, and they're like and then they get like a little break step, a little breath, and then they go back at it.
Speaker 4: Thing I always remember about Labor Day is that it was the start of the new TV season.
Speaker 2: So back in the day when there used to be light.
Speaker 4: You know, it was like right after labor Day and we'd have new episodes.
Speaker 1: Of this show.
Speaker 4: So it's so weird too that it doesn't work like that anymore either.
Speaker 3: And you know what else doesn't work anymore? You can still wear white now what I can't wear white after labor Day?
Speaker 1: But you know what, you can't. That's archaic.
Speaker 3: You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: So they're saying after the second, you can't wear white for the rest of it was the year until when?
Speaker 2: What about winter white? Was that not a thing back in the day?
Speaker 3: I guess that didn't exist? Is that so screwed?
Speaker 1: I am literally like, I have to work on Labor Day and I'm wearing white? Is that bad ad? The day after? Ly? Okay? Oh, okay, phew, phew.
Speaker 4: What are you doing today, Jenny? What are you doing today? If you're working, she's not going then?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I am the secret Uh. I don't know that it's been announced yet, but I will be at the US Open. Curious. Yeah. And the thing about that is I've never really been a big tennis and Okay, I can tell it by your reaction. You're disappointed in me. I like, I love watching tennis don't get me wrong, but I don't like follow it that closely.
Speaker 4: Wait when you when you said it, Jen, I got so excited for you.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Wait, what you thought it was golf.
Speaker 2: So much?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, there is a there, there's a golf you. I said this a very nice friend. Thank you for being happy for me. But yeah, I have to work at the US Open. I'm going to be the ballgirl. Just kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh you're in New York right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, what are you wearing white? Like?
Speaker 4: Wait, it's still laboring, Like you're not wearing a tennis skirt.
Speaker 1: What are you wearing a white dress?
Speaker 2: Oh? This is so exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, it's exact time player.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, I played in high school. I mean I still play, but like actually like play.
Speaker 1: I wish I could take you with me.
Speaker 2: He took up.
Speaker 1: I can't get there because I don't know why.
Speaker 2: But like, I'm so excited for you.
Speaker 1: Looks for you.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear the recap of this.
Speaker 1: The exciting part for me is I'm not that excited because I have to work and I won't be able to watch it as much. But my husband it's on his bucket list to go to the US Open. I made him New York with me, and he has no idea why, but he's about to find out we'd stop it.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 1: No, I just said, it's a surprise for you. I think you'll be really excited and just come with me.
Speaker 3: He must have an inkling.
Speaker 1: I would think he would have an inkling. He knows sports schedules like the back of his hand.
Speaker 4: Also, I was a ballgirl, so just so you know, my god, I love not at the US Open, but it like big professional tournaments.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: There's a great video of.
Speaker 4: This kid that's a ball boy ball girl I can't remember, and he runs grabs the ball and runs back too fast to the wall and hits it.
Speaker 1: Also a ballgirl. Is it's stressful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to screw it up?
Speaker 4: Oh my goshould you watch the tennis in the Olympics to get excited?
Speaker 2: No, is there tennis in.
Speaker 1: The don't think I saw that on the roster. I saw break dancing. But next year they'll probably have pickleball.
Speaker 2: Happy late day to you, Jenny Tory. What are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm just hanging with the kids.
Speaker 2: It's not quite no matter what and some turkey dogs.
Speaker 1: I would I would really enjoy that myself. But it's gonna be fun, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Speaker 2: That's so rad.
Speaker 4: Wait, so anyway, that's why we're not recapping this week because a lot of people are on vacation and so we are just you know, gonna way because we don't want people to miss what's coming up because it's a big episode Thanksgiving. It's like a big there's a big guest star, and there's all kinds of excitements. So yeah, we don't want to We don't want anyone.
Speaker 1: To miss it. No, be there be square, isn't what they say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be scouring the tabloids to find your photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyone does that anymore either?
Speaker 1: No, they do?
Speaker 2: Is that an antiquated word?
Speaker 3: Tabloids like scouring? Like scowering?
Speaker 1: No lies? No, when they're we're still there, you're right, Yeah, when you're in the grocery line, it's super tempting. I don't reach for them, but my husband always reaches for them. And I'm like, really, you're gonna stand here and read that next to me because none.
Speaker 2: Of it's true. It's hullabaloo.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of hooky, a larky malarky. Well, we hope you guys all have the bestess Labor Day and we will miss you.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rewatch your favorite nine two O episodes today. You know it's very healthy to do nothing one day a week.
Speaker 1: I agree,