Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's kiss you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody's Scott Patterson.
Speaker 4: I am all in podcast pop Culture Seats six, episode nineteen. I get a sidekick out of you. All right, Danielle'll take it away.
Speaker 5: Oh you want me to do the first one?
Speaker 4: I want you to do the fighting. I think you're ready. I think you're ready.
Speaker 5: I am ready, and I like this one. Missus Kim has all the help she can get to prepare kimchi and dumplings for Lane's wedding, and in the midst of it, Laura knoxland door to bring Lane's wedding dress, and Laura Lai says Vera Wang calling Vera Wang is an American fashion designer. She worked for a Vogue and Ralph Lauren before launching her own Bridal Gown boutique in nineteen ninety and did you know Before becoming a renowned fashion designer, Vera Wang was a competitive figure skater and even participated in the US Figure Skating Championships.
Speaker 4: Wow Wow Wow.
Speaker 6: Missus Kim chases after Larelai as she is concerned Luke will not be with her to attend Lane's wedding. Missus Kim says, you can't come alone an unmarried woman of a certain age, unescorted wearing the clothes you tend to wear, people will think bad things, bad things. Laura I says, like what missus Kimm says, like you're a tramp and possibly for sale. LAURAA says, Wow, Suddenly footl is not seeming so silly. Flouse is a nineteen eighty four musical film. It tells the story of Wren McCormick, who played by Kevin Bacon, a teenager from Chicago who moves to a small town where he attempts to overturn the band on dancing instituted by the efforts of a local minister played by John Lithgow. And There was a remake of the movie made in twenty eleven Did You Know That? In a twenty thirteen interview with Howard Stern, Kevin Bacon admitted that he has actually tipped DJ's at weddings, not to play footloose. He stated that people expect him to dance to the song as.
Speaker 1: He did in the movie. He don't do this in truth.
Speaker 6: While he did do some of the dancing, there was also a dancing double for him.
Speaker 3: He's really good at doing that dance though. He totally did it on Ballin Like.
Speaker 1: It and he was awesome.
Speaker 6: We just saying, maybe he has to rehearse first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Uh Tara.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So Paris hands Rory her pro and Anti ten year pieces and proceeds to follow Rory around the newsroom. Paris says, remember, Professor Leavers, he got tenured and lost all interests. Just sat there dowey and sleepy. It was like being taught by Jimmy Kimmel. Rory says, Anti ten year stamp it, ship it. Jimmy Kimmel is the host and executive producer of Jimmy Kimmel Live, a late night talk show, since two thousand and three. And did you know that he met Carson Daily when Daily was only twelve years old. Years later, Jimmy hired Daily as an intern on his morning radio show, and he was to be the best man at Daily's planned wedding to Terry.
Speaker 1: Reed, WHOA I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know that and Carson his second baby brother. That's cute that did not know about the booth.
Speaker 3: Floor stuffing goodie bags. While discussing the wedding with Michelle. I'm just saying, tomorrow is a very special day. You need to be perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting married, Michelle, I know that, but you're going with me and I'm going to look fantastic. And you know that who you are with is always a reflection of yourself, and I don't want my reflection to look like Judy Garland. The Mark Herron Years very harsh on Judy Garland. Judy Garland was an actress and a singer. Some of the movies she starred in were The Wizard of Oz, A Star Is Born, and Meet Me in Saint Louis. Mark Harron was the fourth husband of Judy Garland. They were only married for five months nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 3: At nineteen Garland eloped with her first husband, composer David Rose MGM did not want their teenage starlet to marry, so she did it in secret. Well, the studio had no choice but to tolerate the marriage. They refused to allow the pregnancy that quickly followed, so she was forced to terminate.
Speaker 1: Whatt that's gnarly, I didn't know that? Who?
Speaker 3: That doesn't even seem that seems crazy?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, listen. I remember that scene in The Godfather when Robert Duval went out to talk to that movie producer about giving Johnny Fontaine that part in that film, and he refused to give it to him, and he told him why at dinner. No remember that? No, all right, never mind.
Speaker 1: Michelle continues, Oh wait, that was the gnarliest thing ever.
Speaker 3: That's horrible, But I do want to acknowledge that Judy Garland's daughter e Liza Minelli and Laurna Love are both iconic. Lorna from Greece too, one of the greatest movies.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Cool writer. Oh, Let's bull.
Speaker 1: Let's bull Let's Rock and Roll.
Speaker 3: Two is really getting It's like it's due because it got so railed and now people are loving it.
Speaker 1: So it was on a plane I thought of you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was going through movies on a plane and it was on there.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, exactly is I'm a cool rider.
Speaker 4: Michelle continues the wedding conversation with Laurel I, Michelle, Now, let's discuss dancing. As you know, I'm a fabulous dancer. Jenny Turret Terio level. I intend to dance a lot. It's what I do a party to commensate for the elevated calorie intake. I just shake it all off, Laurel Well, I promised to talk. H Denny Terrio is an American choreographer and host a television musical variety series Dance Fever from nineteen seventy nine to nineteen eighty seven. That's a good long runers.
Speaker 3: I just love the whole thing that Michelle dances because it's what he does to comment say for the elevated hallary intake.
Speaker 1: And shake it off. Basically, he shakes it all off.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that was could be a future Taylor Swift man.
Speaker 1: She could have watched this and been like, shut it off?
Speaker 4: Is that a Taylor Swift song?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the fact that you don't know that and that's wow, that makes that's probably how.
Speaker 1: You feel that I do not know Godfather Danielle and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a believers going.
Speaker 1: To catch up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do a whole listening night. I'm going to catch up on her and Robbie Williams.
Speaker 1: Uh, Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: Did you know before John Travolta skyrocketed to fame? With his iconic role in Saturday Night Fever, he received dance lessons from Denny Terrio. Laro played a crucial role role in coaching Travolta and helping him perfect his dance moves for the film, which were fantastic. Yeah they were, I mean Travolta. Come on, yes.
Speaker 1: Here, come Lorla.
Speaker 3: I is announcing the plan for the bachelorette party. First stop is the Black, White, and Red Bookstore. We will sneak in our boos, our treats, and proceed to get drunk and watch tonight's feature, American Jigglow featuring a little full fronter featuring a little full frontal from mister Gear himself. American Jigglow is a nineteen eighty crime drama film starring Richard Gear and Lauren Hutton. It's about a high priced escort in Los Angeles, and that is Gear, who becomes romantically involved with a prominent politician's wife, Lauren Hutton, while simultaneously becoming the prime suspect in a murder case. This seems like a movie I want to see. Richard Gear is an American actor known for his roles in Pretty Woman, Chicago and The Jackal. I'm so glad we got a mention of the Jackal in there. I probably would have said Runaway Bride, but did you know. Reportedly, one of the reasons John travoll to turn the film down was because he wanted final cut approval, but director Paul Schrader would not give it to him. Travlta allegedly kept the Armani suits, especially Taylor, made for him in the film. The picture is one of at least four films that Gear has done after Travolta had turned them down. They are also Chicago Days of Heaven and An Officer and a Gentleman.
Speaker 1: Wow Travolta, Wow Travolta.
Speaker 3: Now there's not a lot in there about Richard Gears, but I will watch the film and get back to everybody.
Speaker 6: Keon runs to catch up with the bachelorette party. She's dressed in a collared shirt and sweater and then rips it off. Lane says, when did you start double dressing? And Avril Levine. Kean says, Avril Levine rocks, you were such a snob. If it's not Joy Division you don't like it, well, you can't dance to Joy Division. Avril Levine is a Canadian singer songwriter. She's considered a key musician in the development of pop punk music, as she paved the way for female driven, punk influenced pop music in the early two thousands. Joy Division.
Speaker 4: She's considered a key musician in development of Oh pop yep music, my bad, my bet okay, sorry for sure? Yeah that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense full Tildblazer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a whole different category.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Joy Division was an English rock band formed in nineteen seventy six. The group consisted of Ian Curtis, Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook and drummer Stephen Morris, and best known for their song lovell Terriss Apart. That was in the eighties, I think and did you know? There was a conspiracy? There is a conspiracy theory in the world that Avril Levine died in two thousand and three, replaced by a lookalike clone Melissa. Fans believe the duplicate where that has changen over because this is.
Speaker 2: Like a whole thing, and there's like a TikTok TikTok, like deep dive on like why they think she actually died and that this person came back to life and that Avril's going back on tour this summer.
Speaker 5: I know, no, she's she is going on tour this year, and I want to go so bad. And if it's Avril or Melissa, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Well she's I'll tell you whoever it was on stage. She certainly rocked that set in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Danielle and I watched that together.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go to.
Speaker 2: Michelle calls Lauralaia before she's about to pick him up for the wedding. Laura I says, I don't know, Michelle, but I'm on my way to pick you up. Michelle says, oh, no, don't bother. I'm not going to the wedding. Lorla says, what why not? Chelle says, because I'm going to. Selene Dion Hello. Selene Dion is a legendary singer referred to as the Queen of power ballads and she's noted and she is noted for her powerful and technical vocal skills. Selene just appeared at the Grammys and received the stating ovation amid her battle with stiff person syndrome. And did you know that Selene and her manager Renee, how do he says, and Jelill sounds right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rune, Jelie, that's her husband.
Speaker 2: N Yeah, they got engaged in nineteen ninety one, but kept their romance hidden it first, but they were married in nineteen ninety four at the age of twenty six and fifty two.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace.
Speaker 3: They were like truly in love, I know, even though it's a little sketchy because she was so young.
Speaker 1: I still kind of love their love.
Speaker 5: I do too, and her whole I'm probably one of Selene's biggest fans. Her whole story is just she's been through so much, she truly has, and she's just I love her so much.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what if there's an age difference, so what, well, you know, judge people.
Speaker 3: Correct, except for she was very young when they met.
Speaker 2: Well and it was her manager. I think that was the other thing.
Speaker 1: But I still love her. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Laura, she instructed me to bring a man today. I just wanted to show her that I can take direction. Well, you never know, who knows Spielberg, Chris Bert, why did you have to bring a man, Lurlay, Because an unmarried woman alone at a certain age dressed is the way I dress apparently for is Korean for Jenna Jamison. Steven Spielberg, in case you've been living under a rock for the last fifty years, is an American director who has won three Oscars. He's only won three Oscars and has directed films such as Jaws, Indiana, Jones, Schindler's List Et, Saving Private Ryan, just to name a few. Jenna Jamison, on the other hand, is a former adult film star who retired in two thousand and eight. Did you know Steven Spielberg is the Godfather? Thank God? It doesn't read the Godfather of Jenna Jamison and Drew Berrymo. It reads Gwyneth Paltrow and Drew Barrymore. Who's next?
Speaker 5: Danielle Loralai leans over to whisper to Christopher as Lane is walking down the aisle, and Laura Lai says, you know, I remember the day I met Lane. It was Rory's first day of kindergarten and she insisted on wearing my Chico and the Man T shirt, which I thought would either listit confused shrugs or label her as the weird seventy sitcom kid. Chico and the Man is a sitcom TV series that aired from nineteen seventy four to nineteen seventy eight. It stars Jack Albertson as Ed Brown, the man the owner of a rundown garage in East LA and Freddie Prince until princess suicide in the third season as Chica Rodriguez, a young Latina who comes in looking for a job. It was the first US television series set in a Mexican American neighborhood. Freddie Prince committed suicide after writing to start him as Chico, forcing the producers to bring a new cast members to replace him. Did you know Jose Feliciano, known for writing Felise Navidad, was asked to write a theme song. Is worried that the producers would reject his songs, so he wrote two. The producers bought both of them and only used one at the beginning and the other at the end.
Speaker 6: Nice Gil is talking to Zach about not being the only married guy around anymore. Gil says, yeah, I'm just happy to have another married guy around. Zach says, Hey, just because I'm married now doesn't mean we're gonna have any Doctor Phil moments. Doctor Phil is the host of The Doctor Phil Show, a best selling oh and best selling self help author. Did you know Doctor Phil's son, Jordan McGraw is married to Morgan Stewart, an influencer and former cast member of the reality show Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: And also he went on tour with the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good tidbits.
Speaker 3: Who did Jordan McRath McGrath opened for the Joe bros.
Speaker 2: And And one of the shows Doctor Phil was sitting like two rows in front of me.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you how mad I am that I did not go to the Jonas brothers most recent tour. Oh, they only played in Sacramento, and it seemed like a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of a too far of a drive.
Speaker 3: But like, I really messed up.
Speaker 1: They did good tour.
Speaker 2: Dodger Stadium was I think the worst venue. I went to that one, and then I made him for it. But I went to the Honda Center, which was way better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should have just sucked it up because Joe Jonas. I'm really in my Joe Jonas era right now.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 1: Maybe when did they ever.
Speaker 5: Jonas era?
Speaker 1: I used to be a Nick girl? Are you and Nick never always?
Speaker 5: Joe girl, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: I'm Kevin's having his moment. But I am Joe, Joe.
Speaker 5: Kevin was always in the shadows and he is not in the shadows anymore.
Speaker 1: He is looking good. And you know Kevin.
Speaker 5: Justice for Kevin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I am Joe.
Speaker 5: I agree for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh, who's up? Take us home?
Speaker 2: Al right? Last one? Laura Lai gives a toast to Lane after a couple of shots.
Speaker 1: She says, everybody, Hello, Some of.
Speaker 2: You know me as Laura Gilmour, and some of you may know me as Chaer. Share is a legendary singer and actress. She's often referred to by the media as the Goddess of pop. She was also part of Sonny and Share, a pop entertainment duo in the nineteen sixties and seventies with her husband Sonny Bono. And did you know that Cha's parents married and divorced three times?
Speaker 3: Oh that's they married each other and divorced each other three times.
Speaker 2: And I just she was at jingle Ball in New York this year and she walked right past me and it was just like there was like an aura around and Grace.
Speaker 4: That was so good, such a good one.
Speaker 3: Can I give a little update before we go? Sure, I've seen American Jigglow. I googled it while you all were talking and I found the scene.
Speaker 1: Oh how is it? Pretty good? Quick blink and you miss it? Pretty good.
Speaker 3: We can have an American Jigglow party. We can watch all those iconic ones. American Jigglow, Gone Girl And what was the other one? We said in the last episode, Tommy, Tommy, Lee and Pam, we're not watching that video, not Shrek.
Speaker 4: I think everybody just clicked off and they did, Scott.
Speaker 1: They're all like, yeah, what was the other one? The other one? You guys, we literally Shrek. It was hard.
Speaker 3: We talked about Oh I'm sorry, Sex and the City, the first movie.
Speaker 1: Thank you brain.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the fifty year old brain has to get a scam and the figure it out.
Speaker 4: All right, kiddos, that's going to wrap up another episode of pop Culture. We'll see you next time. Thanks for all all your downloads, cards, and letter and remember to stay safe. Dot everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.