Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 4: At the Star.
Speaker 5: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, de Montree Moore, and newly Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 6: Players Lounge coming in from that WC podcast studio, home of the Dallas Cowboys official headquarters.
Speaker 4: The team is practicing right now.
Speaker 6: So as we walk in there, you see where the team is out there getting ready for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 4: Anthony dor Set.
Speaker 6: Former NFL players here, Trey Moore, fourth NFL player, Aggie Hall of Famous here, Barry Churchy NFL player Alito Rocket Hall of Famer here. Yes, sirs, still will not give forty the club and I had longer arms.
Speaker 4: I'll be able to speech up in there.
Speaker 2: And you're about to get a promotion, getting another paid.
Speaker 6: So why are we on the fact that Church ain't giving no money? Alma mon, I mean I give credit, he consisted.
Speaker 2: Okay, how you.
Speaker 4: Doing over there with your donation?
Speaker 7: Hey man, I'm not you know, let me go ahead. Correct, you've been saying hall of Famer, you've been speaking there into resistance, So uh, I got a case of the baby churches.
Speaker 2: I get him the arms and short. Hey, they said I ain't paid enough. That's why ain't in the Hall of Fame. Can't reach down and I can't read. I'm just here. I'm just here.
Speaker 7: I support my as we talked ten you know, shout out to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I was a peacock and I let my feathers.
Speaker 6: Co off.
Speaker 4: No aggie club membership?
Speaker 2: What you guys say all that? Bro? Hey, I'm there, I'm there. Hey, did you giving back to Pitt? You?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Man, I haven't that door set endowment.
Speaker 4: But you know what I'm saying. But you know I get I get back through my time and my love and my support.
Speaker 9: What I got sweat tweet, I got sweat equity.
Speaker 4: Over there, you wear Toledo shirt. I've seen you. Where have you seen any blue and gold on this man?
Speaker 10: It's a story behind it. I let you all know you do you all even know that the nickname Toledo? No, because he don't tell you. Man, you don't support it, you don't support But I'm just.
Speaker 7: Saying, what's what's your what's your war cry? What's the we ain't really got no war cri signed or something.
Speaker 4: What's your mascot?
Speaker 2: What a rocket? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Stalk glass's glass ball.
Speaker 2: He said, you need to lift off into them pockets. He can't reached. Man, can't you give him one hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like Shot, come blessed this man with a bag. Shout black Jackson, blessed this man with a bad the Hall of Fame. You know what they do? Okay, they put him in the Hall of Fame for they saw the bag.
Speaker 6: They said, right, okay, So somebody in Toledo saw Berry Church get paid by Shot. What an opportune time to put him in the hall. So you come up there for it. They shaking your hand, and nobody from there.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 7: They did get back to you, but y'all see, y'all see what can paid them the best black pedal in the league.
Speaker 2: Let me say, get out of there, t stuff. I'll get back to you on it.
Speaker 9: You know, gradu athletic being in there, congratulations on man.
Speaker 7: I feel like my just coming in like a year or two, you know, I seen my boy. Look jokers going there, Johnny Man, hopefully I will be soon. I went in there sat Rocky.
Speaker 11: He did.
Speaker 2: He did have a whole revolution in that man. He did.
Speaker 4: Johnny went in there together, Yeah, yeah he did, he did. Yeah, went in there with Mike. They did. Okay, So when you make sure you bring.
Speaker 7: It back, man, you got what they said. You gotta make them feel good to do something like that. And the way my checkings are savings is set up.
Speaker 9: You got you got that Kevin Hart.
Speaker 4: Wave by up holding tight on to you and we need to get We didn't get some of that.
Speaker 8: I'm not n I l exactly when I said I need back playing on my man, I said, I am doing that.
Speaker 2: I was like, what what do you say?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 2: I started this barbecue this man.
Speaker 4: I was thanks, I get list Top ten since one staving age. Jamon Clanning Cowboys signed Club forty two baby Club forty two, Yeah, wearing forty two third Club forty giving away to thirty three. I can't hold what you want it hold?
Speaker 2: Where do you want to know?
Speaker 4: Anybody? We're holding off the shirt shirt?
Speaker 2: Calm down, y'all, do three three away like I was fine.
Speaker 4: Got to hold it for the practice squad.
Speaker 2: Wow. I wish y'all could see all camera right now. Away. His thumbs are toiling over there, just.
Speaker 4: Giving away the trade tray, like, man, but what's available? Thirty three three? You know, can't you out?
Speaker 2: I'm good club forty two right now?
Speaker 8: Can't get twelve? Can't wear none of them numbers? Oh wow, there retired numbers.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 6: You were twenty you were twenty two. Man, So nobody you can nobody. You can't get to Okay, you can't get the eight.
Speaker 2: You'll do that.
Speaker 4: You can't get the twelve.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 4: You can't get the twenty two, Hayes and Smith. You cannot get the seventy.
Speaker 2: Four, Bob, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You don't don't. You won't even see it in training camp.
Speaker 9: No, but you can get one of ten number thirty three it was one ten?
Speaker 4: Okay, we did more.
Speaker 8: You could put all them eighty eight numbers together and they might recent amount of yards he got.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But it's out there for you to like it. You have any Anthony Dor said, father's Tony Dor set that.
Speaker 2: What they say.
Speaker 4: They came and like, hey, look over the shoulder, look it over my shoulder.
Speaker 2: He got a poster right.
Speaker 4: There, he got it right. They just gave it to the forty two.
Speaker 2: Rubbing it right, you go.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants some sing what do he used to wear?
Speaker 2: Man? Now?
Speaker 9: But he in'ate one thing about it. He started off the year right.
Speaker 2: Man, he hard.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, where we're pride.
Speaker 6: Javante Williams might be the biggest offensive surprise that we've seen. Yeah, touchdowns in both games he's played this year. The first that he had on that touchdown, it was thirty yards that he had against the Giants.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought he was gonna get walked down.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: He got in quick.
Speaker 4: He's not miles.
Speaker 2: Right, he's not fumbling. Oh my bad. You were talking about speed people.
Speaker 7: The players would not be happening in the locker room. He got some people that can be rude and say it right in the face, and then you got some people that just said.
Speaker 2: He would have definitely got clown. I ain't gonna you've been that room.
Speaker 4: We can walk down like that. Exactly what is a film session like that?
Speaker 2: You're not You're not gonna do it.
Speaker 7: Fil You're not gonna do it because you might trigger the coach depending on if you want a lot, if you won. Oh yeah, you're gonna do that because coach, coach gonna be like, oh man, you're gonna let them get on you like that, like no better you lost and you make that joke. Boy, Well, why y'all think it's all fun and games.
Speaker 2: We get clowned up.
Speaker 10: I remember when if somebody got bombed on, like if you got straight up beating bombed on.
Speaker 12: However, scandal would be in the back corner.
Speaker 2: You know what play is.
Speaker 10: Coming, so you know what you see the breakdown. They show you the play number and you're like, man, play thirty five. It's the player I got burned on. You like, man, hurry up and hope you fast forward it? Are you hear in the back of the scandal some more.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 10: But he's just like, man, here we go. And then you know, coach gonna rewind it. See the technique right here? Man, that play if it might go by in a minute, but to you, it feels like you're never thirty.
Speaker 4: Minutes play this, but this much we'll get in there.
Speaker 9: Like it's times in games where you'll do something like God, that's gonna be on.
Speaker 4: You know, immediately before you even get this.
Speaker 2: And what y'all not doing this? Y'all not tell you the truth.
Speaker 7: It's always some person in the locker room that or in each position room where he gets there early. He might only have two or three plays, but he didn't watch the whole film. Hey we wait for play twenty three? That was That was At first I didn't understand it, but eventually it came to me.
Speaker 4: Bringing popcorn from places when I was just.
Speaker 12: Man love one of the defensive me it is like, let we go, can't wait.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna chew it out to day like man.
Speaker 4: Okay, squirrel skeandards whistling.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: And what about them times when you know something happened, you see an n zone point in somebody looking that way.
Speaker 4: They call him out since the ball it call quick man, that's you all right, what you're doing right there?
Speaker 12: You ain't hustling like it was just then they go back and forth.
Speaker 10: And then because we had Campo and Maxie in my rookie years, so they always like to joke like Maxie ca yeah, Dave Campo and Brent Max They always liked the joke. So you got burnt, especially if we won, but you got burnt. They joined in on the road session. Man, we don't we don't teach this technique.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: I thought you was a four to three guy.
Speaker 7: What is this like?
Speaker 2: Man? They joke with you now, it was funny time.
Speaker 7: The worst one I had was Jim Washburn. I will never forget wash Yes, I had washing me man. I've been fortunate to be around some guys and I never understood why Colin Jenkins and the rest of them made the jokes they did in New York, and they was like, oh, watch about wash First day I get in there.
Speaker 2: You know the little tissue that you put over the toilet seat before you get that, he had that up on the wall and he said, Hey, if you was by the pile and.
Speaker 7: You got caught sleeping, old line is going clean you up, baptized you put you in the ground.
Speaker 2: If you lay down, guess what you're gonna lay right under here coming into that meeting.
Speaker 7: You're gonna lift up that toilet paper and your face is gonna be right there, and you're gonna have guys like me. Doncan sue. You had Cameron Wake in there. Cam ain't gonna make too much fun of you, but hit you with that.
Speaker 4: It depends, It depends on the meeting room.
Speaker 8: I was in because I've been in some meeting rooms where like you could you could get at some people and they'd be like, yeah, they're laughing off with you. But then they like I said, you got some sensitive people, so like you gotta you know, you can't, you can't. You can't check everybody, You can't hold everybody accountable.
Speaker 2: The way you make that wrong might be getting man, we had injuries in another position. I thought they like it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was one year I was in Tennessee.
Speaker 8: It was so crazy in our dB meeting room that our dB coach will start start bringing dipping. Hey man, y'all need to start dipping doing something. Why y'all in here, man, because y'all too hype in here, Like let's chilling the music. He started bringing him jazz Jerry Gray Jerry Jerry Gray. Right when when of a few people in the NFL go all pro both positions, corner and.
Speaker 4: Safety, that's a talent Jerry Jerry Gray about the Ronnie Lotts rod Woods and Jerry Gray does not get credit for what he did in this league that got tremendous. Yeah, it's still it's still.
Speaker 8: How long did Jerry play Jerry play at least twelve years twelve thirteen. Yeah, yeah, the University of Texas.
Speaker 2: You yeah, you got throw that ut stuff in there. Bat, don't hate.
Speaker 4: On the great man.
Speaker 8: I'm not even and has got nowhere in.
Speaker 4: BROI even come on for you.
Speaker 2: Him over there, he's gonna throw up. He threw up, but look at look at his shirt.
Speaker 6: Jared Gray, Jared Gray, I'm gonna spe Jared Gray. I got the cover, Jerry, I got the cover U T. And that was on things the lessons that you learned. Kenneth Simms, Great Kenny Simms man would educate me on hey, these are the great players who were here. So when I was around him and Bill Little who was down there, they were telling you about these guys and what they did.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm getting managed.
Speaker 8: Give him this problem trying and tell you from the school. If you're a young dB and you somewhere around Jered Gray, listen to what he's telling you. He's in last he was in Minnesota. I don't know Yoda Yoda out there, but no, seriously, he like if he on your sideline when you playing dB boy, he called him to play out Jerry know the game like that.
Speaker 4: As a coach, that's what.
Speaker 2: That's what, that's what you need. Coach is coming this way.
Speaker 4: How'd you know that man?
Speaker 2: Coach put me in the right position?
Speaker 6: All right, the good ones do. Okay, let's get our first break in this die back into jadeveon Clowne. We got started a little bit sidetracked and clowning. How would should he be playing? And what do you as a coach for a guy has had had no training camp, hasn't played at all. What are the limitations you may want to put on them or pitch count as you get ready to play on the defensive line.
Speaker 4: It's Chicago, Anthony dor said, Trey Moore, Barry Church. I'm NEWI Scrooks.
Speaker 6: This is the player slatchquot to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 1: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat. A prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for.
Speaker 2: Twenty one over.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare.
Speaker 1: Brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball.
Speaker 4: Make a play for the playmaker.
Speaker 1: At Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: Crownroyal and the Dallascowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eight Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com, please drink responsibly.
Speaker 13: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your tear pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 6: To the players Loud, The countdown to Game Day starts with Rally Days presented by See Geek. Get behind the scenes, look at at and T Stadium, Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prizes and more. Gets your tickets at AT and T Stadium dot com. Slash Rally Days. You're in the players Lage brought by Aristocrat Gaming Berry Church, Trey Moore, Anthony dor set Hi am Newie Scruggs. These three gentlemen all play the National Football League, So here comes Jadavian Clowney, fresh off signing. During the Giants game when Russell Wilson was throwing four fifty, they said, he I think we can use some help, big guy. Hell contracts. Contract is done. Clowney met with the MEETIA this week. I was there and I said, how much can you play? He's like, I'll be fine the first time I've done this, But you guys have played in the league. How how hard is it to come off the couch despite wherever he was working out at? He said, he's working out at you know, a place it's gonna get him right. But to get out here to play against the Bears? How many snaps are realistic.
Speaker 2: For this guy? Won't you thinking the specialist? Brother? What you're thinking?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Realistically? It can go two ways.
Speaker 7: Me myself personally, I've been the journey man where I've waited, been hungry and got came in week seven right off the couch and God thrown twenty thirty snaps and balled out there. Plus that's not including the special teams. So if he's really been working his butt off and he loves the game like that, he can do it. It's gonna be hard, like you're gonna get there and you're gonna be winded. But if you've really been putting in that work and you're really a competitor and part of this game, he can get a big pitch count, especially for a team that's dire need like this. Realistically, if I'm smart and I plan on using him in the long end, then I really do have playoff hopes in mind. I'm gonna ease him in there and ask him how he feels and then just go from there. It all starts with today. Today is the first live practice, So seeing him run around there, is he gonna be tight? That's gonna be the real question of how he responds or how his body responds, And then they're gonna ask him at the end of the week what you're doing, like, hey, and that'll tell us if we're gonna have you on five to twenty plays.
Speaker 2: Is rushing the passer?
Speaker 10: You know, because for me as a defensive back, I gotta get reps in like I gotta like if I used to.
Speaker 12: Covering a receiver making those movements, it could be rough on me.
Speaker 10: Is it the same as a pass rusher, like using your hands and you know, just getting after the quarterback, It's.
Speaker 2: Not depending on what type of style of play you have.
Speaker 7: If you're just a guy that just passed rushing, then you go back there and then you cover in between five yards. Yeah, uh, that's easy. You can go out there and do that. That's only like fifteen yards. You're doing like small, little short burst increments. But if you're a guy like say like me, I was playing back, I'm chasing everything down where you can go see me rush the pass yard ten yards deep down the field, but then go chase the ball down twenty yards down the field. Now, if you're that type of player, then no, that's a whole different element. But in this day and age, you don't see that as much. Why do you think there's so many guys that you're like, oh my gosh, he's running all the way downfield to make the play in this stage at one has clently done it. Does he have the capability? Yes, statistically speaking, that hasn't been the nature of his game. He's been the guy that's in the immediate short bursts. He gets to play stopped early or you know, he is the played and ran away from him. And if he's going to do that, I think he can come in and get twenty to thirty snaps. However, much like throw fastball at him. But now if you like I said, but also this is an ebra fluz defense where he requires you got to run, run, run. What he say is retreat, retraits soon as you get out. If y'all't understand what retraits me, that means soon as you get down there, you might make the seck. But even if you don't, if you're at that quarterback, he wants you to show up in the screenplay. So if that's a twenty yard if it's like last week, got these thirty forty yard bombs, Nah, I don't expect Clowney to have twenty snaps. I expect him to have maybe ten fifteen getting oxygen masks. But it just depends on how much worked. But I will tell you when I seen him last week in the kitchen, he did look a little bit slimmer.
Speaker 2: And so that typically does mean you you've been doing a little more cardio.
Speaker 8: So I hope So again, yeah, nah, I think that one of the things is to his benefit is that he's done this multiple times. Yes, And so with that being said, like whatever the blueprint is that he's been using to do it, has been working for him. So I think that's that's one of the biggest saving graces that he has and the Cowboys have and signed him but knowing that he's always well, not always, but has done this in the past, and that showed up and played well and has not had a lot of injuries. Once he gets here, that's like, that's our main thing that we're concerned about. You know. Of course, you sign him for however much money, you get him off the couch, and boom, as soon as you get him here, he gets to some type of soft tissue injury or something like that, and then he's not even a factor for it.
Speaker 7: The only thing I'm gonna say about that is playing Devil's advocate. It's different when you're a VET saying hey, I'm out of training camp and week one, I know I got a job or I'm sitting over here doing that holdout. When you're a guy that and this is not him. I know, obviously he said he had options, But when you're a guy and you go past week one, it's easy to be over there.
Speaker 2: If you ain't getting.
Speaker 7: Those calls or stuff looks a little gloomy and stuff like that to let it slack off.
Speaker 6: But there's a guy he's always had calls, right, yeah, you know, he's always this is a game.
Speaker 2: He likes exaxactly.
Speaker 7: So that's why that's why you ask yourself, like some guys like I've been around disciplined vests that get it done, and I've been around disciplined vests that are so disciplined that know their self to where they say, hey, I'm gonna slack off a week because I know I'm not really going in there the week two or week three, if that makes sense. And if he took that approach, that's where you have to worry about that soft tissue. So it can go both ways. As a double heads order.
Speaker 10: I need him to be in there for them pass. And that's sad because that's exactly what happened last week with Russell. I mean those situations where it's I mean, think about this. He there was a third and twenty, Yeah, a third and twenty with Russell Wilson all there and he completed it for the first down. I mean, and those type of situations, you gotta have somebody that put a little bit of pressure on the quarterback because these guys in the league are just too good. The quarterbacks are too good in this lead to where have you let him sit in the pocket all day? They gonna find a way to pick apart your secondary. So I just need him to be in there in those situations where it's a must gotta have it passing situation, and let's see what he got.
Speaker 7: Let's think he's blockers though, So yeah, this is I expect him to go in there and get a decent play count. But I expect us to see Sam Williams one of those other guys that's already been here familiar really Houston.
Speaker 2: Sam or he's been the best one.
Speaker 7: I see one of them really taking another stop because they're going to demand the double team on clowneys.
Speaker 6: You're going to a round. I'm thinking, if this is where you need guys who've been here to do something, same will Here's. He's been vocal about, you know, wanting to be a cowboy.
Speaker 2: In last year.
Speaker 4: He was frustrated times about his play. So you know you're here.
Speaker 6: They bring back Fouler. I've given the rookie as a rocky some slack. This is hard and you're not You're not the tallest dude.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 8: It's just it's learning adjustment. It's adjustment going from Carlie coming into the NFL. It's it's it's always is. He's gonna be timing speed, it's gonna be strength, it's gonna be it could be just terminology.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be so many different I.
Speaker 7: Think so much as time is really just more it's more so about just getting comfortable because he's showing us bursts, like he has the hand placement. I've been watching him doing cross chops like his past rush moves, the ones that he are winning like cleanly. On is showing all that. So I think with him, he just needs to be paired up with a better VET, and I think Clowney can be that extra grace for him and that young guy, and then Houston being the next guy. But after those two, I really haven't seen anything from everybody else that we were supposed to see Wheeler. I'm not like, I'm not saying nothing from the rest of them. So it's a challenge to them, Like everybody should be on the edge when you bring somebody in in the middle of the week and somebody announces before the game is over with, we just signed a guy that's known as the pass rusher, the guy.
Speaker 8: If they won't do that for them, dbs, they just shook up that has been shaking up, you know what I mean. They have not done anything to the defensive back room and that definitely needs some somebody coming back from being injured. They need to get somebody in here house.
Speaker 2: The owner their way, They on their way.
Speaker 4: He told you told you on the way on the way. Yeah, on the way you asked, not because you have not, Jerry said, you asked, Jerry, Jerry say, I was just.
Speaker 8: Watching practice before we came in here. I saw like I think I saw rebel over here still with working with some pt like I I know. So like if they coming, they ain't they ain't com.
Speaker 4: We go to October surprise for the stretch. Yeah, but it's coming. He didn't. He didn't give you a date.
Speaker 2: Like Jesus said, it'll be hers, just not in your time. It's on the way the way, just trusting Jerry's time. It's on the wat.
Speaker 4: Whatever is going on. Like I'm me and you you know been back there.
Speaker 8: We we we know that everybody back there has from what we see, seems like they have enough talent to be back. Yeah, you know, we got First Round is back there. We got one of the best dbs from a few years.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 8: It's it's definitely boring, that boiling down to some either technique more so than anything and accountability. So with that being said, like if if the technique is not in house to be corrected, you got to bring it from outside inside to correct.
Speaker 4: But I got NFL network here.
Speaker 2: Man, what.
Speaker 4: He looked at the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: Look at that man.
Speaker 6: Bomb bombs Jones out here, And that's that's when I know I just went way off. It's Broncos and coach Coats right here on the TV screen, And man, I'm just trying to understand how Joe Shane got a job still the Gem and the Giants out here beating.
Speaker 4: The Broncos the whole Danny Dimes looking like a whole beat the Broncos.
Speaker 7: Bad news, Man, what I tell you, Sometimes you just need a new change of scenery. Now, it was funny that you bring that up. I've seen a stat on Instagram they said the last three major players that have left the Giants have all had career breaking like careers when they left. Kwan Daniel Jones and then what's the dB the left him? It was a dB they said he was first? Uh did he leapers know? It wasn't it was It wasn't It wasn't it wasn't about said it definitely wasn't him. Yeah, exactly exactly what about him?
Speaker 2: What about him? That's one of your cute dog brothers, Charon?
Speaker 4: Real quick?
Speaker 2: Are we watching we already?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 2: That's beating the dead horse. You keep he dead? All right? He get paid? He did alright, he gets paid.
Speaker 4: He better say them checks. You better say ever last dollar them checks. He got up there.
Speaker 2: He just needed top five?
Speaker 4: Was he number?
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones did it? You can do it.
Speaker 4: Here, Joe Milton, boy, you know how many people you know.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do Joe like that.
Speaker 4: He's not He's not as good as Joe.
Speaker 7: Hold on first category, watch watch, watch out what we're doing?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Three? What are we doing?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 7: Not bad people people said Daniel Jones was was done When he left the John's. They was like, oh, he's wrong, he's out of here. Dabo couldn't do it.
Speaker 9: His confidence was shot him knocking the building.
Speaker 2: Everybody tried to pass.
Speaker 4: They had tore him up in the building.
Speaker 6: There tore him down, you know, like and I'm starting to wonder about your your quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing.
Speaker 4: Brutal what the quarterback?
Speaker 2: I never said that ANYTHINGY Richardson was gonna be that guy.
Speaker 4: You know, he told us that I was gonna be JJ McCarthy. Remember that we who was over there?
Speaker 2: I said, I said Joe the train. I said, j J looked good.
Speaker 4: He had one quarter, got heard one quarter.
Speaker 7: He showed me what you chose your last rep. And when I made that comment, he showed us he was the comeback head. Everybody was saying, oh, this is the JJ we've been waiting on this. Look when he's healthy and this and that.
Speaker 4: Healthy heard? What are we trying to where we're trying to slow down?
Speaker 2: I didn't say nothing about anything, richards You volunteered.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about j. J. McCarthy coordinating. The guy gott coordinating.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: They put the annoying oil on it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, because I said j was good. I tell you, I just told you I could be a.
Speaker 10: Player in this day and age just because the just the social just everything social media.
Speaker 8: Why would you even that's the thing, like, why did even like that's you know, I think that you will tell you my situation growing up the way I grew up, Like I was born like round the same time with my dad's first college game.
Speaker 4: So like I've seen it being it.
Speaker 8: They was talking about me wave, you know, but like and it's one of these type of things like like why why do you why do you feed into what they're saying?
Speaker 2: Who is they?
Speaker 4: Anyway? You see it all the time. Yeah, but like, you know, it's it's just one of them things.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: I had a situation where I had got a chance to talk to Rodney Lot one time when I was playing for the Raiders because we had some stuff going on and we was going into the playoffs and dudes were still coming late to practice and so one of the time I was doing an interview and they was like, so, how do you feel about this? And I'm like, it's week eighteen and people don't know how to get here on.
Speaker 2: Time, you know.
Speaker 8: And so I come in the locker room one day and the first person not coming when I come in locker room, first person talking early in the morning is Andre Rosen. Y'all see you, he said, y'all see what they said? Now, I ain't saying no names but but what I was sure to say, if you feel like I'm talking to you, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a very good point. Yes, So you know with no lines were.
Speaker 9: Told, none lie, not at all.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: So with that being said, you know, like it's it's one of those type of situations whereas you just got to be able to be as transparent as being honest with your teammates at anytime. And the whole thing about being accountable is the simple fact that like if I say something to you, I'm not saying something to you to be funny.
Speaker 4: I'm saying something to you because I need that, We need that from you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: And so the whole thing with Danny Dimes and getting out of New York and like we were talking about before and everything was like that, like, yeah, he definitely needed to change the scenery.
Speaker 4: And they did too though you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Well, and they still do because like you said, we watched them dismantling offense that if they could have actually put it together with these two stars that they lost, where would they be right now?
Speaker 6: We'll be talking about some It was a fifth offensive line has been continues to be an issue for the Giants, so that's something they have not built there. It was also a mistake to pay Daniel Jones that kind of money when nobody else was out here ready to give him these dollars.
Speaker 2: Said, the market is the market.
Speaker 6: And then you're not going to pay the guy who's so clearly the best player on the team, not just the team. And you're not gonna pay Barkley. Oh, we're going to hold this number here. It's all you got, it's all you're selling. And the owner is telling you, hey, man, I don' won't see this guy, Philly, I don't want to see It just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: And clearly going to the coach, you've got a head coach of Shane Steichen who has a bi just understand what he can do. But it's it's it's it's it's hard. It's it's hard watching. To me, it is it's hard watching bad, bad decisions.
Speaker 10: Being made while covering, you know, the teams you've covered. Is there any bit ever been a player that was just like you might have said, man, you know, and you were telling the truth, like, man, he hasn't played well, or something like that in the media or on one of your shoulder and then they just everything you say this, man, why man, why are you always hating on me even though you're telling the truth? Like have you ever run into some sensitive cats like that? Terror lewan the player the player the player.
Speaker 4: So the player got mad. Player was mad all the time.
Speaker 6: So the player got to the point where he wouldn't answer any questions from from me or Edward. It's just men at that point, we just don't keep asked. At that point, I didn't care anymore, like I don't care. Yeah, And and it was after a while, you know, t O got to the point where he was riffing with Romo.
Speaker 4: And this was after the whole Ira quarter.
Speaker 2: That's my quarterback.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's my quarterback.
Speaker 6: That night he gonna call beat Rider and running Romod straight, running him down. Okay, Man, that that that was a different dude.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: I remember talking I remember talking to h Rich dal Rule at the time on time PR court there you guys know Rich I said, hey, man, you've been here for a minute. Even back to his days in Miami when he was there with Jerome Brown and the Rock, I mean, his dude was a he's.
Speaker 4: Seen some dudes Okay, some characters and some people.
Speaker 6: And he said he'd never been around anyone who caused more dissension in terrible, really ever.
Speaker 4: Difficult play I've been around, yo.
Speaker 8: So it was it was it was a thing where like I like to hear that he actually I never understood the whole my quarterback breakdown, like like why he just got so emotional during that time, Like it was just I never understan they lost.
Speaker 6: So that was the game in which they lost, and they were a good team, and he was like, man, if you guys want to put this on Tony because remember the whole Cabo trip and everything.
Speaker 4: So Tony went to Cabo along with Jason. Everybody forgot U.
Speaker 6: Nobody remembered, but they were all three together. So they lose the game. They had that great team in six thirteen and three, number one seed. You beat the Giants twice last year year by double digits, and you don't get it done. And so he was emotional. It was an emotional time, you know, because this back people thought it was going to be Dallas and New England in another matchup because they because Moss came and tore them up at Texas Stateium. He thought there was gonna be that that right there? Again, hey man, these two teams going and it didn't happen that way. And I think Jerry had put tickets to the NFC Championship game on lockers, on seats in the room. And Coughlin found out it was this was this was as this was as discipline one is, this was as disappointing for your dad as.
Speaker 10: The catch don't give Oh boy, you can talk to certain cowboy that man, what's a disapoint lost year?
Speaker 6: But the catch is right there for that group of guys because not only did you lose that game, you're gonna win the Super Bowl because since that that was a Super Bowl team that they had there, this was a team that the Cowboys had, they could have won it.
Speaker 4: So then he broke down crying it ain't fair.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it. Favorita on the phone that night, running him down.
Speaker 4: That's what, right, that's wow?
Speaker 2: Didn't hear that?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 6: You know Romo Witton had a suite together, is it? So they had a suite together, and and so that became another point of contention, and and Tarot thought that you know, they were drawing up plays together talking about King Petty. We went there, Yes, yes, it went there, man, it went there a few locker rooms.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 4: They didn't get it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't surprise it.
Speaker 6: And it was just another case of here's another quarterback that Tarot had a problem with. He had proms with Tony, promise with Jeff Garcia, he got problems with McNabb.
Speaker 2: This was his thing, you know.
Speaker 4: Carson Palmer quit football after working with teraryll Owen.
Speaker 6: He quit, but the Cincinnati is ohow and him, they had a show and cars quit, I will not play football again.
Speaker 4: And he retired until the Raiders traded for him.
Speaker 2: Man, that's what this dude does.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: And so when you start talking about it and you bring it up, he didn't like it. He didn't like it.
Speaker 6: And you know there's a black on black crime. Nah, dude, don't don't try that one on me. Safe you shooting up every black dude.
Speaker 2: Give me the question.
Speaker 4: When he told Stephen A.
Speaker 8: Smith that that your boy was more black, Skip Bayless was more black than him, I was like, who.
Speaker 4: You're going way too far, bro. You know, I'll give him this man. My man was King of the Petty bro he could come with it.
Speaker 6: Now if he didn't had the show got to he didn like me, Yes, he didn't like you, he would come. He had his things for you. And and he had a good section of people as well. Who were his defenders, Yeah, a lot of I was one of them, A lot of the defenders. And you know what, who is the best defenders? A lot of people to realize defensive guys because you know what you did. You didn't affect him. But if he was a receiver, the quarterback, you could affect him.
Speaker 2: It was issues there, got defensive mentality.
Speaker 4: It was issues there. I say all listen, the dude was a productive player.
Speaker 8: He got the nun productive player, got the number played in the Super Bowl with a broke leg exactly.
Speaker 6: The guy's a great player. Bill Belichick praises him throughout throughout his book about it. He's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: But the dude came with drama. Dude brought a lot of drama in the drama never resulted in any championships.
Speaker 2: Yeh see.
Speaker 4: Ever, then I'll go final say we come here door.
Speaker 6: Cruggs players, I spot you by Aristocrat Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout and Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kiit.
Speaker 4: Hey, They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 1: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling Problem.
Speaker 1: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 5: It's Game Day and raising kays if you want to order like a child it's action off the field.
Speaker 2: You need to focus on.
Speaker 5: The only play you're running is chicken.
Speaker 12: So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season?
Speaker 5: We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online are on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys saving Davis Scheck of the Also, you know what separates Hamptons from the rest making the right move at the right moment.
Speaker 2: The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy.
Speaker 11: The Cowboys became America's team by striking bowl when it mattered most. Now it's your two event like your icones with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started.
Speaker 2: And learn more.
Speaker 11: That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 4: Are you a Cowboys super fans?
Speaker 6: The search is on for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan now through September twenty ninth. Nominee extraordinary NFL fans, dynamic duos and game changers who represent the Cowboys with pride and turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty and are to win an NFL dot Com slash Fan of the Year two day. All right, Bears, Cowboys, they're working on things out there. We've talked about clowning. Do we ever come up with a straight number of what we're thinking is twenty?
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna be in between fifteen twenties.
Speaker 4: Uh snaps, Okay, that's why I was low the low end.
Speaker 2: Gay, I'm about fifteen with it.
Speaker 6: Caleb Williams, if you're the Bears and Ben Johnson, you have to look at the tape against Philadelphia and say, dude, if you got an opportunity to run, run, how do they come back?
Speaker 4: Caleb Williams in his ability to use his leg in this game, and.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep him contained.
Speaker 4: I mean that dude.
Speaker 10: Right now, he's playing backyard football a lot, and it's bit him in the butt a little bit because he's trying to buy time and try to make the play.
Speaker 12: He doesn't, you know, just take the dump down.
Speaker 10: He always wants the exciting plays, So for me, you got to keep him contained, force him to play from the pocket. All right, If you can force them to play from the pocket, I think you'll have the advantage. But if he's able to escape by time out there for those receivers to get open, we've seen the lapses in the secondary that this Dallas Cowboys defensive had.
Speaker 12: So keep that man contained, force them to play from the pocket to have.
Speaker 2: A better chance.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to widen up those threes this week. Are you playing that four men front while Man three bait them to go rush up the middle.
Speaker 2: Your strongest point have.
Speaker 7: Been the interiors tries and locking everything down, But that's because the big juggernauts are getting in there and they've been escaping. So why not your threes call a couple of exotic blitzes where you got somebody coming off the edge, but then where you bait him to have that spot and make him rush up the middle. He's been most effective scrambling out to inside doing what Romo used to do back in the day. Well, don't get killed like that. And so I think that comes it's gonna help with widen them up. Get some blitters you got climbing there to help you. Hopefully Houston keeps building like that and then from there, I don't I don't see the Bears having as much speed as the Giant, so hopefully it won't be bombs over the back back.
Speaker 8: You know, what I'm saying is the same thing that you guys have already said, Like, first of all, you got to show up those ends, don't let him get outside. But at the same time, in the back end, we gotta change in some coverage. We got to roll some coverages in disguise some things, and that let him get some pre snap reads that honestly know what the Cowboys are going to be in throughout that defensive snap, and I think that's also going to help. But like like Barry said, this dude has made he won the Heis metrophy offer basically playing backyard football and extending plays. And so the longer that the Cowboys actually in courage is gonna be the worst situation that they could be in. So hopefully we get some pass rush widening them threes, like you said, and you know, with your daviing in here, him getting that double team, maybe Houston or somebody else coming off the other side and get that pressure.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be hard though, Like like I said, I think you got to pull You're gonna have to call your blitzeres, your four to three exotic blitzes. But how many exotic blitzers can you call with Clowny being getting there, because now you're gonna have to pull him off the field. So it kind of it limits you on your playbook call on. So that's why I say widen the threes. It's the safest route if you want Clowney on the field. If you don't, then you can stick to your normal blitz package.
Speaker 8: Well, he only gonna get it certain amount of reps anyway, So you know, like that's that's gonna be the that's gonna be benefit for that hopefully.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get out of here with this Thursday at football, Let's go co Sol go up against oh and two oh and two Miami Dolphins stick Buffalo, right, is that right, Chris?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think me at Buffalo at Buffalo guesst Miami at dud. I wrote it right here.
Speaker 2: You gotta right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me Dolphins going to own three Buffalo wins this one thirty one to sixteen. That's what I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 12: Give me buffalo, twenty eight to ten, don't do it, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Do it, bro, It's place right now.
Speaker 8: So I'm going Buffalo. I'm going twenty eight ten. I'm sorry. No, no, no, no, I'm going Buffalo. I'm gonna go thirty one fourteen.
Speaker 10: Don't do it all right, last place, don't do it, bro, you gotta stack up some dumbs man.
Speaker 4: You got last place, last place?
Speaker 2: You're gonna do it? Who you'all talking to? You better put the name that ain't my name?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Detri four? What didn't name? This is him? Him Athy? This guy at that. Like I said, Kimmothy Moore will go with Buffalo. I got Buffalo, but it's gonna be a nail bider man. I got twenty eight to fourteen, fourteen seventeen.
Speaker 4: Huh what eleven and a half the line? That's a nail bider.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm just saying, hey, y'all, y'all said, y'all, y'all, y'all said, we're gonna it's gonna be closer. Hey, hold on, didn't y'all say, did you say that? Cowboys and John's was gonna be a blowout and it was a nail body. Like I said, I might have picked the wrong one, but it was I was right. Okay, thank you America later.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.