Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Readings and salutations.
Speaker 2: Too bad, what's going on? They ain't even trying to play us no more. They don't give us no ads to that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Yes, this is gonna be glorious as always. Anytime we get to come on YouTube, it's always a special situation. You don't let the fan man shout out to e y L University earns.
Speaker 2: What's up? What's up? What's up?
Speaker 3: What's going on? You're about to get it going.
Speaker 2: I've unmuted myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get the young Legend Chris Senegal in the building. Let's get him up and running pace pace pace, There you go, pace.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hope iverybody got a chance to check out to kill a mic epis. So that's all right now on all platforms. The young Legend himself, Chris, what's going on? Brother?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're great, bron how you.
Speaker 5: I'm great, man, I'm great, blessed man. Can't complain, yo, man.
Speaker 2: We gotta make it back to age down, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't wait.
Speaker 5: It was. It was, it was too short.
Speaker 2: That was our first time. It was definitely a memorable one.
Speaker 5: The right and then COVID hit right before you all were coming back, right, Yeah, we was.
Speaker 3: We was talking to you, man, I was talking to you, trying to work out like venues and eights and all that. Then she was like they had the rodeo going on, and there was a bunch of stuff. We had to push it back because we had Philly and we actually could we couldn't get either one off. We had to cancel Philly like two days before, and Houston was supposed to be after Philly. So yeah, God willing whenever this thing clears up finally, Man, coming back to Houston, full full steam ahead.
Speaker 5: Gotta make it happen, Man, gotta make it happen.
Speaker 2: We had a good time out there.
Speaker 3: Chris shout out to Ahetown. Man, shout out at Ashtown for sure. Man. So yeah, man, we're gonna just, you know, let people settle in here. But once again, thank you for joining us. I feel like, you know, we just shot your episode. It's crazy how time flies.
Speaker 5: That was man. Yeah really but man, just watching the trajectory of ey L Man, it's been it's been phenomenal to watch.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm like the biggest fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we shot that, We shot your episode. We went to we did our Houston open house in a sense, really meet and greet. I was like, yo, man, we got a special one with you.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was that was dope, man, that was dope. So Yeah, if anybody's not familiar Chris Senegal a legend in his own right episode thirty six and earlyer Lisia, you should definitely check that outf you get a chance. So at the time, this is actually dope because at the time he was like in the process of like he brought a whole block in Houston. So I won't go over the whole story because it's in the episode. So how is that. You know, he was a real estate developer, and then he brought a whole block in Houston, Texas in the fifth Ward, which at the time was run down like prostitution, drugs, stuff like that, and he changed the whole the whole face of the block and he put like townhouses up. But what makes him different is that he's not just you know, bringing people in, just you know, gentifying the neighborhood. So what happens a lot of times and being poor, working class neighborhoods is that you know, people do well for themselves, Right, they grow up in the neighborhood, but they might become a doctor, a lawyer, accountant, or whatever. Right, maybe they get a six figure job and then they move into the suburbs. So the problem with doing that is that now, as we put in the post today, the suburbs the dollars, it helps their school district, that helps their roads that you know, their infrastructure. And meanwhile the hood place you grew up in, I gets that. But what does come is that now people that are not from that neighborhood come into that neighborhood and then they start investing. And now what happens is that the people that the culture actually changes and the people gets pushed out. So he had the idea, like to say, okay, well, why don't we bring the people that are originally from this neighborhood. They got families in this neighborhood that grew up in this neighborhood or just grew up in similar type of neighborhoods, and bring them back. Right, so working class professionals instead of going to the suburbs, come back into the inner city, and let's change the culture of it, like let's get better schools, let's get you know, let's make it a safe environment, let's do all that, but let's do it responsibly. So he was like the first person that we really interviewed that had that strategy. And so from now and I'll let him tell it better than I can. But from that point until now he brought and sold. He built and sold five homes. He started working on eight. He started, he's starting working on eight next month. He purchased eighteen houses in two commercial buildings in March, and so he's actually like in the process of actually buying back the block in real time.
Speaker 2: So it's fitting because shout out, shout out to Houston. But like when I think of Houston, I think a scarface and his knee had to saw my block. Yeah, I'm looking like, yo, Chris really did it. And this whole happens when we went there. We stayed in the fifth ward, third ward door door World, third Ward, and I was like, yo, I remember one day we lost I thought we lost Shotty. I was like, yo, broo, anybody seem shoty And yeah, we couldn't find him. Be like, yo, damn, I think somebody followed us to the crib. Bro they got him. He's like walking like aimlessly down the block, like this is a nice neighborhood. He's like, you know, I just saw Chris Senegal. He's scouting.
Speaker 3: They thought I got kidnapped. We thought he got was running out the house, Like where is he? Where's he at? Like I'm like, yo, I just took a shoulder the neighborhood. Man. They literally thought I got kidnapped Houston, right. But but yeah, so Chris, So what we're going to do is I'm gonna let you go through your presentation all that, but before we even start anything that I missed out as far as the backstory or where you're at now, as far as the development things of that nature.
Speaker 5: Man, you hit all important points. I mean, you know, we got two different projects. One is, you know, the new construction bringing in the higher incomes back to the community, and the other one is that eighteen house portfolio bought is specifically to protect the existing residents. You know, we can try to get the city to control the rents or whatever, talk about, you know, stopping gentrification, but we can't stop it. The only way you really control the rents is to own the real estate that the rents come from. And so that's been my focus, man, just trying to show that we can do both sides. So yes, I'll get into a little presentation. We'll talk about that in a.
Speaker 3: Second, all right, So let's get into it. So before we start, we're going to welcome everybody. So what we do we do this, We do this once a month at the end of the month. So we have eyl University, and part of Eyo University is that we do weekly classes. Like we do a class every single week every Wednesday at eight o'clock Eastern Standard time, and then at the last Wednesday of each month, we open it up for the public so they can like you know, have like an open house. It's kind of like an open house type deal. So what we do with the Eyo University classes is that different from the podcast where it's it's interactive. So a teacher or a presenter comes on and they they give like a twenty minute PowerPoint presentation on it on a different topics, and then members from Eyo University then they engage with them, they ask questions and it's like an interactive it's a new way of learning. So what we did with Eyo University, we think is really create a personal finance school bigger than just investing, because it's like you could just watch market Mondays just for investment tips, but Eyo University is a whole personal finance school. So, like this month, the classes that we had was disability insurance. We had how to start a marijuana company with two thousand dollars, and we had car buying class. And then next next Wednesday, we have the class about Africa real estate. How do it invest in Ghana real estate? International real estate? So we got a lot of international people and we want to start doing more international stuff. But even if you live in America, Ghana is on fire right now. So each and every week we do we do a different class.
Speaker 2: November we got some heat coming. Yeah, we got some heat.
Speaker 3: And then in addition to that, we got the book and movie club yep, headed up by you.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Right now we're doing a money Master of the Game and that's been going crazy every week. I mean, I think we hit a record last week. We had like almost four hundred people in our book club. It was absolutely amazing. And it's more than a book club. It becomes like this therapeutic session on finance and real estate, and then it becomes like, Yo, I found my partners. Inside of that, we have what we call triads, which is like three people that are finding the ways that they have in common and becoming accountability partners for each other. So it's like yo, that could be my business partner, or could just be somebody that's pushing me to find my goals or reach my goals. And what we've noticed is like, this is dope. It's like sometimes you tell the person close to you your goals and they don't believe in you. But when you tell a stranger of your goals, all they know is your goals. They don't know anything about out you but the goal, and they try to help you reach. And I think that's one of the beautiful things that we find inside of our accountability triad. So it's dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we got that. Then we got the private Facebook group, which is an investment group, and that's a community within itself, over four thousand members in there. And then we have bi weekly real estate calls and Mortgage God every other Sunday, MG he gets on it. It's just like a two hour, three hours, sometimes even four hour just real estate call and they just talk about a variety of different real estate calls. And then once a month I do financial planning calls. Everybody knows I'm a financial advisor. And what happened is that I put my schedule up and it just became too much. It became overwhelming for me to actually take calls, so I limited that and I realized that a lot of people had the same question. So every single month, sit down for about two hours on a Saturday and we talk about financial planning and go over different stuff life, insurance, retirement, you know, just different financial planning topics. So all of that, and then we have orientation orientation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So every month now that we get new earners coming in and were treating us like the school, Eyo University, we have orientation. So some people get they come into and they're just like overwhelmed by the information because, like I said, we're not just cappin when we're telling you, like there's a lot of courses, a lot of content. So we have an orientation that can help you and guide you through that process, walk you through it, find a track for you, right cause some people may say, like real estate is not my thing, Well we got over seventy courses, what is your thing? And so you find the track and you follow it. And that's kind of what makes it dope about having accountability partners and triads is that you're going to find people who are on similar tracks. So everybody's pushing forward in the same direction, whatever direction you choose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a fact. So yeah, so I say, I have to say, this is like open house. Once a month, we do this open house situation, and it's a lot. It's a lot. So the reason why, like the price keeps going on and it's still undervalue. It's three hundred and sixty dollars for the entire year, but we're adding to it. So it's an ongoing thing. So as we add to it, we have different overhead, we have staff, now, we have different you know. So this we have we're running a promo hold forty percent off the whole entire year annual membership and three hundred and sixty dollars, which is, like I said, that's like a night in Atlanta for twenty four hours, twenty four hours from from right now twenty four hours, and then after that you can still join. It's just you know, slightly higher membership. It's like a stock once you get in. Some people got it are ninety nine dollars and it's only going up from there because it's just added value. We're gonna make this bigger than Phoenix University. This is going to be the biggest all Loine University in existence. So I'm gonna put the link in and it's only for the link. Can we try to make this as easy as possible. There's no code or anything, it's just the link. The link. I'm gonna pin the link in YouTube. It's in the description if you want to join forty percent off twenty four hours. So Chris, let's get into.
Speaker 5: It, all right, let's go. Let's go. Let me see, let me share my screen.
Speaker 3: Does he have to do something to share it or no?
Speaker 2: He's a host now? Okay, yeah, let me I got it here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris is a tech guy, so I know he knows.
Speaker 2: Engineer in his own right. Chris is let's see, yeah, we see you over here.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me make sure it's not let me see slash over from beginning.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 5: All right, So how to buy the block? I appreciate the opportunity guys, for y'all to have me on today. This topic is very near and dear to me because I've been an investor since two thousand and eight. I did the typical fix and flip model at the wholesale model, and what I realized was that, man, sometimes it's such a capitalistic business, and you're trained by other capitalists that don't have the same background as you, that they'll train you do some things that actually sometimes can't hurt the community, or they'll teach you how to make money in the community but not actually own the community long term. And so for me, I just had an AHA moment one day and I had epiphany. I was like, well, you know, we're always talking about these things that happened in our neighborhoods, and I know other people that look like me that are investors, but nobody's really talking about how to tackle this challenge, this gentrification issue. How do we start controlling these neighborhoods again. So that's been missioned since about twenty twelve. In twenty thirteen when I bought that first block that you talked about. So let's just start with the definition of gentrification, the process by which a part of a city changes from being a poorer area to a richer one and people from a higher social class are beginning to move in. Usually, if no one advocates for the poorer residents, they become displaced. So let's get this out the way. I saw the post that y'all made earlier and I saw the comments under the post, and it's like, man, we all know the problems. We all know about slavery, we all know about red lining, we all know about all the other injustices that we have. At some point we got to start focusing on the solutions to these problems. And it's okay to regurgitate them, and it's okay to be a debater, it's okay to be a historian, but what about the future. And this quote by Will Smith when he first got on Instagram always resonates with me. It's like, it may not be your fault that something happened to you, but it's damn sure your responsibility to fix it. And so that's exactly where I am. So my mission changing their gentrification through redevelopment that balances the opportunity to attract higher income people originally from similar communities out of the suburbs while ensuring existing residents are not displaced in the process. So let's talk about revitalization and plus gentrification always a debate, okay. So everything has a life cycle, including a neighborhood. It has a life cycle, guys, So everything has to start over at some point or either it's just gonna die. You know, we can't just let everything stay where it is, So we either revitalize and have community controlled narrative or we stand back and let somebody else do it from the sideline, right, and then that's controlled specifically by outside groups that want profit, and that's what we usually associate with the term gentrification with. So then you know, like I said, I was doing this back in twenty and thirteen, twenty fourteen, but this trendy phrase came up, you know, about two years ago, called buying the block, and I'm like, okay, wait a minute, I guess I guess that to fine what I'm doing. So we are trying to acquire and control the redevelopment of real estate in our historic neighborhoods. So let's talk again about the problems we all know about and the history that we don't think to mention. Sometimes all these neighborhoods are disadvantaged for the most part, but they once thrived with people from all economic classes. And what do I mean by that, Well, before desegregation, all of those vacant, run down commercial buildings you see in these poor neighborhoods used to be vibrant businesses. The doctors, the lawyers, the carpenters, the movie theaters, the restaurants. Everything that we did not have the right to patronize in another community was in these communities, and we patronized all of those things. So let's not think about it as always been a horrible place to be. At one point in time, it thrived. Here's another thing to look at. Businesses like grocery stores are scarce in our communities, but when these neighborhoods thrived during that same timeframe, the businesses were actually owned by the people in the community and they were sustainable. So if it happened before, it can happen again. So my goal has been how do we how do we go in these neighborhoods. How do we buy the block and do it without displacing existing residents. So it took me about two or three years to really come up with a model that would work. I bought the property in twenty thirteen, but I really didn't know what I was going to do with it. And you know, eventually I came in and I put these key pieces together so we can go into the communities that we can invest in the vacant property in the abandoned property and the neglected property, the drug houses, the houses that attract criminal activity, right, not going on knocking on doors asking the seniors to sell their house, not taking advantage of people that are, you know, in desperate financial situations. Let's focus on these properties in the first bullet number one. Number two. Try to keep rates affordable. If you're going to go in the community and buy rental properties, Okay, what that means is sometimes you're taught go in and renovate it and make it as nice as possible, which means your investment has to be larger on the front end. In exchange, you have to demand more for the rent right. But if you can buy a rental property that's in decent condition and the tenant is happy with the way it is, you don't have to invest so much on the front end. You can still structure a deal where you get a good return if you're a good negotiator, where you buy it at the right price so then the person can stay right there where they are. The third component is one of the hardest components. How do we prevent home ownership loss due to higher taxes. That's going to be more of a political play where we have to get with politicians that do this and other It's already implemented in some cities where if you've owned your home for longer than a certain amount of time, you're an exempt from property tax increases. And so that needs to be something that we need to focus on in these communities to make this buy the block model really work without being a detriment to the community. Okay, So when is the right time to buy in these neighborhoods. Okay, here's a couple of key points. I'm not talking about a war zone. I'm not talking about anywhere it still is super hood, you know. We are talking about areas in the communities where there's already some sign of something positive happening. Okay, and just remember, even if you see an abandoned community that looks like it has a lot of potential. Bullet number two is very important. It's harder for you to spark this revitalization and get a return on investment if you are the only catalyst. You have to go in the communities where there's already something kind of going on and we still have an opportunity to step in front of it, and instead of trying to stop you know, the redevelopment and calling it gentrification. Let's participate in it. Let's control the narrative. Let's control parts of everything that's going on in the community. Okay, So things you want to look for when you see announcements of projects in the newspaper, on the news, city council meetings, from other people that are in real estate, that you know, people that are networking with developers or builders, people you know in your community that are investors. You know when you hear these types of announcements, and that lets you know something is coming. You know, the second Burger King figures out where McDonald's put a land purchase contract in, they're going to try to buy land right next to them right same thing with Walgerys and Cvs. So as the smaller guys in this play, as we're trying to independently control and buy back these blocks, we need to be following the big boys. You know it's gonna happen. We can't fight them, we can't stop them, so we might as well participate. Another good thing to look at as a city activity, uhh, when a city activity picks up in a neighborhood on the private real estate side, Okay, when a particular neighborhood where you didn't see a new construction before and now you start seeing for sale signs and you see active construction work going on, that's probably a good community, especially if it's one of our communities. That's a good time for you to start saying, Okay, this might be a neighborhood that I might want to look at trying to buy a block with okay, and then the city initiatives to spark redevelopment. That's on the public side. So when you see the city going into community and they're repaving streets and they're putting in sidewalks, and they're updating signs, and they're putting in bike paths, they're doing all of that because that's kind of the extent that the public the government can do to entice developers. They want developers to see this and investors to see this and say, Okay, this is a neighborhood I want to be in. So if you look for these signs before all the houses have gone up and before everything looks nice, these are neighborhoods that we should be trying to buy the block in, especially if there are communities. So how do we successfully execute buying back the block. Okay, So number one, when it comes to buying blocks, if you're going to do something bigger than individual houses, you don't want to get a big plan together. You don't want to spin your wheels on things if you do not have site control. Site control is the single most important part of that process, because what happens is you put this tremendous plan together and either the seller decides they don't want to sell, or you don't have all of the properties together that you need for the project, or they get wind of something else and they increase their price on you, and so all of these factors will end up with you doing all this work, all this planning, and then you have no property to actually use it for. So all that time and money is wasted. Right, So there's several ways you get site control. Number one, just make sure you have the property under a solid contract at a set purchase price with a certain timeframe on it. Okay, that way, if it's one piece of property that you need for this entire project, then you know you have control of that. Number two is kind of, you know, obvious outright purchase, but that's not practical in most situations, just going out and buying a whole block and paying for cash is not really practical. And then the third one is an option to purchase. So if you have a project that you want to that you want to take on, and let's say it's five or six different owners, seven different owners, and you don't know if all of them are gonna want to sell, You don't know if their price points are going to be reasonable if they do want to sell, what you want to do is execute options to purchase. And what that is is you go from owner to owner and you say, hey, mister owner, let's negotiate. Let's come to a price that we both agree on. I'm not buying your property today, but if you give me a year, you give me two years, and I can pull this thing together that I'm trying to do. You have to allow me to buy your property at this price. Okay. In exchange for that, I'm gonna give you this money. Could be one thousand dollars, could be five hundred dollars, whatever. Hey, if you never hear from them again, this is your thousand dollars, you know. But if I come back to you in a year and I'm ready to buy then we have to follow through on this contract, and so that allows you to control each individual partial until you get them all together for the project that you're trying to do. Okay, next most important step is planning and design, because you have to really understand what's going to take to pull this concept off that you're trying to implement. Now, if you're buying, if you're trying to buy more than one property in their rental properties, like I said earlier, and there's already tenants there, then you know this process is going to be a lot easier for you because you don't have a lot of work to do on the front end, right, You don't have a lot of expenses that in the real estate development world is called soft costs. These are things that are intangible, Like once you spend the money, the money's gone. Once you pay an architect for design work, whether the project gets started or not, that's gone, right, The permitting fees, paying for engineers, all that kind of stuff. Construction, of course, construction is going to be one of your biggest expenses because you want to make sure that while you have site control, you really understand what the cost of this entire project is going to be and then you want to make sure that planning and zoning and city ordinance or whatever in your area, and just the general city permit approvals are in place for you to be able to execute your project. And most importantly all of this is really that all of that comprises feasibility of rather buying this block and doing whatever you plan to do with it really makes sense. Okay. Now, so after you get site control and you've got a good plan together, then you have to figure out how you're actually going to take down the project and how you're going to start the project. So my number one go to is what's been working for me in Houston is seller financing. If I would have waited in twenty thirteen for a bank to tell me that I was bankable to buy a whole block, and I was waiting for a bank to tell me that a block in the hood was worth a certain amount of money when there was no recent sales and it was full of crime and drug infestation, you know, I would have never got that project off the ground. So but what happens when you go to somebody that owns the property outright, Okay, that means it's probably been in their family longer than thirty years, or maybe passed down from generation to generation, and they have the right, the free and clear right to do whatever they want the property. You can negotiate with them. And so for one of my properties, I'm gonna show you in a case study. One of them, I negotiate ten percent down to buy a whole block. The second one I had to come to the table with fifty percent of the agreed upon purchase price. But then you make payments to them instead of making payments to a bank, and they're not gonna check your credit score, they're not going to do a background check, they're not going to ask you about other things. Because when sellers finance something directly to you, they know that if you default, they can just take the property back and they can start the process over do the same thing again. Right, So that's a trick. Well that's not really a trick, but that's a technique that we need to implement more often when we're trying to get in our communities and do these things. So something else. If they don't agree to that, or if they do agree to that, but you don't have enough money for the down payment, start off with a small group of investors. Maybe I would always suggest you have somebody on your team that's experienced with investing, and you know, have them come on the team and help you through the process. How I highly suggest you don't do it if you're all newbies and you have nobody on a team, because what may seem like a good deal may not be a good deal. And then third is crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is what I did for one of my projects, but I didn't do a crowdfund until I'd been in real estate investing for almost thirteen years. Okay, so a lot of people ask about it. But when you take other people's money, you know, and you and you were trying to complete a project, all those bullet points before that got to be spot on because people are not giving you donations, they are giving you money, and they are expecting their money back and they're respecting a profit on top of that. So you know, you got to be really careful when you get in that round. And most importantly of all these things is the right team. You can have the right plan, you can have all every every box checked, but if you don't have the right team to execute on buying back the block, it would be very hard for you to be successful. Now, the most important key is that we all have to participate. And this is what I mean by that the investors need to be participating this. Okay, we need to be actively looking to buy in our communities. Okay, if you're a landlord, maybe you don't want to actually live in the community, but you have rental properties, you should be trying to control rental properties in these same neighborhoods. And you can maybe maybe one investor has bought the block and renovated the block, and now they're selling the homes to other people. Well, you as an investor should come in and buy some of the properties from that developer so that the ownership transfers from us to us. Right. And then you, as someone who looks like the community, should be looking out for people in the community and have a vested interest in not being a slumlord and taking care of the community. Of course, realtors play an integral part of this. Why because when you have buyers, when you have investors, when you have renters, you should be telling them about all of the investors, landlords, developers, builders, you know in the community and trying to steer them to these neighborhoods. First, once again, I'm not talking about war zones, okay, I'm talking about areas that there's already some sign of revitalization. And lastly, and most importantly, the regular buyers, like for my development that I'm show you in a second, all my buyers look like us, young working professionals. It's not as bad. It's not the hood that sometimes people say it is. You have to be very aware of what outside narratives are versus what's really there. So, as a buyer, if you're in a community and some of those other signs have already talked about are happening, if you see redevelopments starting, if you see a lot of activity in the community, if you see the city putting things in, guess what city's already got that neighborhood on their radar, even though it may not be perfect yet, it's coming. And usually what happens is we go to the community one day and it's the hood, and we go back a year later and it's a million dollar homes and we're like, what happened and we're mad it's gentrification. It's like, no, what really happened was from the time you left other people saw value in that community and they start buying. And not everybody's buying rental properties. People are really moving in that community. They're walking their dogs, they're riding their bikes, and their values are steadily going up, steadily going up. And then by the time we get wind of what's going on in the community, the prices so higo, we can't afford it, right, So that's usually what happens. So shut I know I'm talking a lot man.
Speaker 2: That I'm actually taking notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope everybody on YouTube please hit the like button, and I hope people greatly appreciate this because it's like nobody's doing this, like nobody, And that's the reason why we created Eyo University. Like I said, it's a it's a business school, but do you know you don't learn this stuff in business schools. And this is just the beginning, Like you still got more to talk about. But it's like people talk about by the buy back the block, what does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So this was like, all right, this is this is a step by step blueprint from somebody that has is actually doing it and has actually done it. So now I keep going Chris.
Speaker 2: Real quick so some of those signs, are there any other type of retail or commercial real estate that we should be looking for for a sign? And I know somebody in the chat said, yo, when you see a Starbucks.
Speaker 5: Or usually So that's not that we have a misconception about, right. So usually, like we get mad when grocery stores and those types of businesses leave the community, But those businesses have whole departments that before they buy, before they figure out where their location, their site selection team pulls the demographics and they say, what's the average income in this community? Do these people earn enough and do they have enough disposable income to support our business? Right, So, you're not going to see commercial signs going in until almost till it's too late, because all the incomes in that area are already going to be so high and they're going to be buying houses at such high prices, and you know, the prices continue to go up that it becomes priced out for us. So what the way development usually works is the rooftops come first, the house this come first. The new residents with the higher incomes come in first. And the only way you get ahead of that wave is by looking at those signs that I told you earlier. But yeah, it's almost almost like you can.
Speaker 3: See a Starbucks.
Speaker 5: It's almost too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made me thinking, like whole foods don't end up in every neighborhood, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Right, they don't, and people don't speaking the whole foods, people don't realize, like a grocery store has the lowest profit margins of almost any business. It's usually three to five percent. So they're not going to go in the neighborhood. Even if the city gives them all the money to build the facility, they still have to They have to float every month. They got to be operating positive, right, So I mean the grocery store is the highest profitability is on the fresh produce, on the meats, and the stuff on the shelves. It's not really very profitable. So if you're in a community where people are buying everything off the shelf, in the cans and in the boxes, and you got this huge overhead from all these employees, and you got this huge overhead from.
Speaker 7: This huge lease you got, and you got this high utility bill, you know, it's highly unlikely that you're going to be profitable if you try to go into one of those neighborhoods for the sake of you know, social service, right, I mean they have to run a business at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And YouTube, if you could like this, two things I need from YouTube everybody, Like, we got nine hundred and ninety seven people. There's no reason why we shouldn't have nine hundred and ninety seven likes. If you didn't like it, just politely comment why you why you thought the information wasn't valuable enough to like, it doesn't even cost anything, doesn't even won't even burn a calorie. And then also share it with somebody, just going like this is life changing, generational changing information that you know, giving out right now, like, you know, share it with people, and shout out to mt the mortgage guy, and shout out to Brandon Rules legend himself, and shout out to Andre Hatchett, the first teacher that we ever had for Eyo University. That's my guy man, for sure.
Speaker 5: And what's the legends in Yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure for sure. So all right, Chris, And then somebody said on YouTube there was like a fifth warter, isn't the hood hood? Yeah, that's kind of the whole point of what he said. Like you don't want to go into the market slightly dangerous. You don't want to you don't want to invest in a four war zone like slightly dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's something where the you know, the criminal criminal activity is going down significantly and there's more police patrols coming and all that kind of stuff. You know, you have to be there. So that's the only way you really participated. And I understand the people that have, like young kids are feel uncomfortable in those situations. Yeah, I'm not saying I'm not forcing you too. I'm just saying with my projects, I have buyers that specifically chose to come from the communities and they have had zero issues, Like they have had not a single issue. So you know, it's all about perspective. And we talk about schools and education a lot. Thankfully in a big city like Houston, there's a lot of charter schools, a lot of private schools, so you have alternatives to the public school system until that public school system catches up in that neighborhood. But in the same time, you think about this, if you buy Okay, I'll give you an example. There was a lady that went to the third ward like the hood part of the Third Ward worse than where y'all stayed, but the first house had been renovated. Middle aged white lady was like one of the last people walking out of an open house. And my boy was there, and he said that ninety percent of people that walked through this open house in the hood part of the third were white. So he said that curiosity got the best of him, and he stopped her and asked her. He's like, why are you here and what attracts you to this area? And she's like, oh, I bought my house in the Heights, in which is another neighborhood that's been gentrified for about fifteen sixteen years. She's like, I bought my house in the Heights about fifteen years ago, and the neighborhood looked just like this, and my property value is going up three hundred thousand dollars, so I'm about to sell that house and come over here and do the same thing. And I'm like, well, man, imagine the more of us thought about that. Imagine what the average household income or the average average household networks would be for our community, and imagine how many of our children we could pay to go to college out the equity in our homes.
Speaker 3: We thought like that, that's a lot of information. That's a that's a gym right there, man, that's a gym right there.
Speaker 2: We got to get to Houston.
Speaker 3: Man, I can't wait to come back to here.
Speaker 2: Mister Dunlop, all right, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna run through the case studies real quick. So let's talk about fifth Ward. People talking about not the hoods, So let's go through it. So settling the middle eighteen hundreds, believe it or not, Middle eighteen hundreds to nineteen hundred, it was actually half It was mixed, uh white and black. It was annexed to the city eighteen sixty six. By nineteen hundred, it's a predominantly black neighborhood with thriving businesses. And don't believe it, let me show you. This is Lions Avenue. This is the same street that one of my projects was on. This this is from the fifties. On Lions Avenue. You see all types of businesses all up and down the street, and you see who's walking up and down the street. This was a segregated neighborhood at that point in time. Okay, this is the other way down the same street. I mean, I see tailors, I see movie theaters, I see pawn shops, you know, I see restaurants. Everything's in the community, right. But then in the nineteen sixties, when desegregation happened, two major freeways came through the community. Of course, all these negative packs caused a lot of disinvestment, and then some of the redlining impacts also hurt the community, and by the nineteen seventies there was a mass exodus of the majority of successful people. The business owners had a lot of them had closed up shops because the patronage had gone down, the customers had moved out, and so the communities no longer thrived. But what that did is that that opened up opportunity for other people to come into the community. However, these are some of the other highlights, like the picture at the bottom on the writers the first black hospital built in Fifth Ward, actually in Houston, that had we had, you know, recording studios. I mean, you know, these neighborhoods were thriving. So that that's the part that I want people to remember when we think about these neighborhoods. They used to be great. That if we had a black Wall Street in every city because we had to create our own. We couldn't we couldn't patronize other other neighborhoods. So this is the freeway that kind of came through. This is the same street in the same vicinity, like one block off. But you see now the only thing that's left. Thankfully, the churches are still there, but the neighborhood is a lot less activity going on, a lot. A lot of the buildings are going now. So this is the property that I bought, which is in fifth Ward. That's the same freeway that you see in the back on the left side, Highway fifty nine. So in twenty fourteen, I did what I was telling everybody to early. I was watching the city trend. I was watching the redevelopment and it was going counterclockwise around downtown. And this was the last neighborhood that had not been touched by redevelopment or gentrification. So I was able to negotiate with this owner to buy this entire block for half a million dollars and negotiate ten percent down. Okay, so I actually sold a couple of rental properties. I had an investor put in a little bit, and I took control of this property. Everybody thought I was crazy. This was still the bloody nickel at that point in time, But I knew. I knew just by watching the redevelopment trending, eventually it was going to come because this was like literally the last quadrant around downtown that had not been redeveloped. Okay, so I actually paid over market value. Here's why there were no sales. There was no comps. So if you look at the tax records, that's the all thing you can go off of. It had the whole property worth about three hundred and fifty thousand. But what I knew taking a calculated risk by watching the redevelopment. It's like, well, if I'm not paying cash for it, and I'm only giving him fifty thousand right now, and I'm financing it for twenty thirty years, it's highly likely that by the time I get even close to paying this off, the value will have caught up and exceeded it. So what that does is it almost put you in a position where you're like kind of partnering with the owners. You know, you're telling them you're gonna give him a little bit more over time than what the property is currently worth. But you have everything calculated, and you know that by the time you make whatever move you're gonna make, the value will have caught up and you will have equity on the back end. So okay, So I talked about this already, So twenty fourteen's when I bought it. Twenty sixteen the bet paid off sixt This is the south end of Fifth Ward. One of the biggest developers in Houston bought one hundred and thirty six acres that used to be KBR used to be the National Defense contractor, right next to downtown, right on the water and what we considered the hood. But of course they always find value when you know, when we don't find value, and they put this big plan together, do this massive project, and so that was the first catalyst in the community. So this again is this is the project site that they got. You see where downtown is and the stars where both of my projects are. So one of my projects is right here, the new construction townhome project where the grocery store is is right there. Now that's one mile radius. This one is like a little bit more than three quarters of a mile radius.
Speaker 2: What other project is?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is what's going to be built on that site. This is not speculation, this is what's going to be there. Okay, they've already they've already cleared all of the old buildings, they've already done all the underground different structure, they've run all the utilities. They did slow down a little bit because of COVID and some of the lumber prices and stuff going up, but the CEO said they're still moving forward with the project. So after that happened in twenty sixteen, here's another creative technique you can use. I talked the owner into converting from a owner finance note, which is like a mortgage note, to partnering with me. So what I said was, look, I still owe you like three hundred thousand. You can wait next twenty years to get it, or you can partner with me on this project and let me figure out how I can do some new construction, and then I can pay you out as I sell these houses on the back end, and you can be paid off in three or four years instead of waiting thirty years. Okay, So he agreed. So what did that do? That took the mortgage off of the property. So now I am the primary the primary partner. He's a limited partner, and I have this property. I can now go to the bank and say it's free and clear. I don't have any debt on it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I used the property as collateral as I started shopping to get the loans to do the redevelopment. But the downside, of course, what I talked about earlier, I had to go through twenty three different lenders before I got approved. No matter how great my plan was, there was no established marketability in this neighborhood because there was no new construction. Even though the redevelopment was that close, it was really hard for me to find a lender that would that would partner with me on the project. So you know, I had a private investor come in and put in an IRA money two hundred and fifty thousand. She she's a young black check that worked for oil and gas company, worked for Shell for a while. She had a nice IRA that she was that she wasn't using. It was sitting in the stock market, and you know, I showed her division she believed in it, and she's like, okay, cool. I didn't take her money and spend it. I took it and put it in a bank account to show interest. Reserves to hope hopefully would try to sweeten the deal with the lender, Chris, not to cut you off, But yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: We did a class on self directed iras too University, and I'm not sure if that's the path you went, but a lot of people don't even realize that you could actually use your retirement accounts like an IRA to invest in real estate without paying taxes. So I just wanted to throw that in this and.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. When you have a self directed IRA, you can invest in any asset that you choose, and it's literally self directed. You just have a company that's basically a custodian for you to help you check boxes. But yeah, you can. You can invest it however you want. So that's something that you can leverage in real estate. So, like I said, there's challenges with no new construction. Also, when I got ready to start the project, what I realized is, like a lot of these older neighborhoods, there's a lack of utility infrastructure. So this old grocery store didn't have much plumbing, you know, it wasn't drawing much electricity. And when I got ready to do my new project, I realized that the city was going to require me to update a lot of this infrastructure. So that's something that you got to think about if you're planning on doing projects on this scale. Something that you usually don't think about when you just flip in a house or building one or two houses on a lot, because usually that what you're building will not impact the infrastructure greatly. But when you're trying to do a bigger project, you do have to consider those things. So this talks about more twenty seventeen, now redevelopment. Remember that first neighborhood, I told you all about the Heights. Now see twenty seventeen. Three years later it's in the newspaper they calling Fifth or the New Heights.
Speaker 3: That's how it happens. Once they start renaming neighborhoods once I've seen Sobro. Yeah, so Bro, you know what Sobro is. No, it was that South Bronx South bron Yeah, that was one of the most dangerous neighborhoods, one of the most poorest neighborhoods in America, one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in America. It's still not the greatest, but when they started naming it Sobro and they put like a whole foods and.
Speaker 5: All of that, and it's like, all right, yep, and we don't say that because the official name for that for that south in the fifth one now they called it North Eto, which is east of downtown.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's another that's another thing too, once you start to see names, because it's like even know how I think it was no North Manhattan no no.
Speaker 2: No no, that was Houston.
Speaker 3: No no, no, they had it. They try to rename Harlem something like North Manhattan no. Yeah. And so once they start to get funny with those names like so Bro no ho, that's like the hipsters. They trying to they try to rebrand it.
Speaker 5: They trying to rebrand the community. Those are part of you were talking about as a stigma, that the old name has a stigma, so they want to try to, like you said, rebranded.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that that's part of the announcement. So when you were talking about announcements, when you start seeing things like that, I saw somewhere and you can correct me if if I'm wrong, but they named the Fifth World they have a cultural arts district.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Now now thankfully with this with this time, it was us doing that. So the fifth World Redevelopment Corporation did that Culture Arts District, and it's it's gonna be You're right, it's going to be the first African American culture Arts district in Houston.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 5: Perfect, yeah, man, So that's what I'm saying. This neighborhood, they've been staying ahead of you know, not not playing victim and being behind. They've been in front of the ball. So it's been really good. So this goes back to this is the CEO recently in August, you know, amidst covid, just saying that the project is still going forward. Right, So this is that same block. This is the same block that showed you earlier. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Now you're not sure that that's your blocks?
Speaker 2: That's your block, man?
Speaker 3: Now you pulled up on that. Yeah yeah, man, put put that, put the clap in the mode. I just wanted to know, you gotta celebrate that, man, because yeah, I wish we could do a side by side. But that block that he brought earlier, Yeah, let me.
Speaker 5: Go back to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you go back to that? Yeah? So that block you brought, that block and then how many years later, uh.
Speaker 5: So twenty fourteen, and then two thousand, nineteen twenty eighteen when when I first started building them, So twenty nineteen they were the first three were done. I think that's when I was on y'all show last year, and you know, people told me that they were like, man, nobody's gonna buy that. You know, nobody's gonna want to live in the neighborhood. You know you're not gonna be able to get the prices that you're thinking you're gonna get for them. And I mean, I proved everybody wrong. I got I got full asking price. All the buyers looked like me, everybody. I didn't have to oversell anybody. There's enough of us that see the value of moving back to our communities that you know it's worth it. It's worth it's worth taking a shot, it's worth of rebuilding and bringing people back to the community.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: One of one of the most powerful experiences I had was when I was under construction. It's two two black kids walked down the street, two boys, they were like maybe thirteen fourteen something like that, and they were like, man, you're building rent houses And I'm like no. He's like he's like, you work for the person that's building these. I'm like, no, I'm building them. He was like okay, he's like, who's gonna buy these? I was like, well, who you think is gonna buymb He's like, well, it looked like it looked like white people are gonna buy them. And I was like, man, you know, you know, well you'll be surprised, you man, I know there's people that look like you that can also afford these types of things. And I was like, I had two of them under contract that I was like, so, actually the first two buyers are people that come from a neighborhood just like you and went to college, and you know, they have good jobs now and now they're coming back and buying this. And they were like, man, we didn't know that was possible. But you know, that sounds it sounds kind of cliche, But there's kids in that community that now have a positive representation. They can see people that look like them, that's our age pulling out their driveways and Porsches and Audi's and BMW's. It looked like them. That's a representation they didn't have before. The only representation they had of successful people was illegal entrepreneurs. You know, but that's all a part of buying the block. Man, It's not just about you buying and you being an investor and just holding onto it. It's about creating opportunities like this as being in a development and building and enticing other people to come back to the community.
Speaker 3: So that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So fast forward. This is fifth Ward. Now you see all these prices over here, right for four hundred thousand dollars. Now, when I bought that first block, you couldn't you couldn't sell a lot for twenty thousand dollars. It would just sit. But now you have all this activity, the yellow ones appending the green, the new listings, and there's a bunch of souls that are in the community. But four hundred thousand dollars, you know. And so this is one of one of the articles that they put me in the paper for just talking about my projects. This is not talking about the second project. So let's go back to the highway story. So this block right here is the second product. This is the eighteen houses I was talking about with the two commercial buildings. This is that same freeway once again, an infamous freeway. So you know, we can continue to talk about these things and complain about them, or we can say, okay, we know this is there, we know this happened. Now what are we going to do about it? Right, it's our responsibility to fix the problem. So the owners of this, the landlords, they had had this for about twenty years and they were ready to retire. So not all landlords passed property down. That's another myth. Real estate is not generational wealth unless you have taught your kids how to do systems and they see that it's worthwhile for them to take over that same investment, that same vehicle. In this case, the kids did not want to take over it, so the parents were told that they should sell it. Okay. So, and what would have happened if I didn't buy it, Because all that redevelopment, by the way, all those new town homes, if you see my cursor up in the left corner, that's right there, that's all new construction right there. So had I not bought it, an investor outside the community would have bought it, and they would done a couple of things. They would have came in and you know, did the deep renovations, you know, and then raised the rents. And if tenants can't afford it, oh well, or they would have held it for a little while decided to tear it down and build some new construction here. But for me, this was an opportunity to say, Okay, on that other block, I bought that old abandoned grocery store in that site, I brought new construction in. Now I can show the other side of it in the block. We can buy the block and make sure we preserve the lifestyles and the sense of normalcy that the residents have that have been here long term. So the way you can do a project like this, it is so close to redevelopment, it's so close to the catalyst that I talked about earlier, is that you can get your return on your investment through value appreciation. Okay, because this property value is going to go up significantly, so you don't have to worry so much about cash flow solely where you have to raise the rents astronomically to get the return. This property value is going to double or triple, but you know, conservative conservatively, I'm saying it's going to go up thirty to forty percent. But every other neighborhood that's been gentrified, lots that will worth two fifty. I mean, we're worth twenty five thousand, and now we're two hundred fifty thousand. So for this one, this is the one I actually got to do the crowdfund on. So what I did with the crowdfund, I'll go back to this flab. The crowdfund is once I negotiated with the sellers to the purchase price. They wanted one point five million for the whole block. I negotiated them down to one point two five So I negotiate them down a quarter of a million. And you know what happened was, since they were sellers and you know, they really didn't have accounting and all that kind of stuff, I told them, you know, even if you wanted to, if you wanted me to pay one point five for it, I couldn't go to a bank and get a one point five million dollar valuation because you don't, you know, there's no accounting records to show where the true revenue is for the property. There's not a lot of sales in the community. So you know what I would like to do is get you to, you know, come down a little bit off of that price and work with me over a few years. Let me establish the accounting records. Let me establish all these things, and then I can go back and refinance. And then once the bank sees the you know, the records, they can extract a true value for that entire block, and it'll be much easier for me to get them to give me six hundred and fifty thousand, which is half of the purchase price, then it would be for me to go and ask them for one point five million right now. And so that's the kind of conversations you have to have with sellers sometimes if you want to get creative, and they bought in, you know, so they owner finances, they wouldn't take ten percent, they wouldn't take twenty percent down so they wanted something significant, so fifty percent. So what I did with that was, first I secured a private investor that I knew that could back me on bringing the majority of that down payment to closing if I couldn't raise it. But once I secured that this is the opportunity that I decided it was okay to do a crowdfund with. Because the crowdfund, like I talked about earlier, it requires you to have all your your i's dotted and your tea's crossed because you're going to take outside people's money. And so with this, some of these residents in these houses have been living there for twenty years. Literally. There's there's mother daughters that live in separate houses on the property. There's niece and uncle that lived next door to each other. And you know, these are long term stable tenants, all all African American, some of them most of them actually all of them hardworking. I don't have there's no there's really no Section eight tens here. These are people that are just hardworking but on fixed incomes. Right, So for that, that made a good base case for me. It's like, Okay, there's long term stable revenue coming from the residential side of this property. These two commercial buildings over here were vacant, so that gives me upside, right, so I can buy it. No, I'm gonna have all this revenue, which is about nine thousand, almost ten thousand dollars a month coming from here, and then I can go in and renovate these two and bring in another seven eight thousand dollars a month in revenue on the commercial side. So that's what I did. So that's how I decided to package it up and I decided to do the crowdfund, and you know, I didn't know how successful the crowdfund was going to be, but it ended up being extremely successful. The most you can raise with this type of crowdfund and it's sec regulated, is a million and seventy thousand, and it took me seven months and we that we hit that goal. So that gave us an enough money to go in and renovate everything and pay off the short term debt with the bridge loan because I did have the close on it in March, which was before I had raised the full six hundred thousand, so I ended up using some of the private investors' money, but not all of it. So this is what the properties looked like before. Again, attendants had been there long term. They were happy with it. So what I did was I just to reinforce that we were there to protect them and you know, we were going to be good landlords. I went and I did some slight renovations to the property just to make them feel better. So this is what it looks like now. I came in, I did landscaping, I put screens on everybody's windows to help with their utility bills, and repainted everything just made it look nice and neat, and you can see the bottom picture actually repaved everything to give it a fresh new look. This is the status of one of the commercial buildings. So this is going to be short term pier space. So this is what looked like before. It looked like it was almost tear down worthy, you know, but we took it back to the bones and now this is what it looks like, what it looked like on the inside before. And so this is what it looks like now. This is what a couple of weeks ago the renovations, and this is closer. This is what it looks like now. So I'm almost done with it. You know. This is going to be so think of airbnb, be for business, uses short term business, uses event space or like office spaces, et cetera, et cetera. And then this is the other building. This is the building down here in the corner where we've got to gut it back to the studs and we're getting ready to bring it back. It's probably going to be an event space for now, and then we're probably gonna turn into a coffee shop in a year or two. We had coffee shops the original concept because of COVID. I don't want to take all that additional and additional capital and invest in something that may not secure a tenant right away. So it's something like event spaces where you just I'm just building it back out to basically what they call in commercial real estate, just a box, right, so white floors, white walls, and lighting and open space so people can rent it and use it like that and we can generate revenue off of it without having to have a significant investment. Yeah man, And this is this is what you're talking about, Troy, the Culture Arts district. So the whole street, this whole street with fifth word Community Development Corporation got disapproved to be a culture arts district.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 5: So and this project, this crowdfunded project is right here in the heart of it, right off of the freeway. So that's another upside for having ownership in this community because there's gonna be a lot of uh, public money coming into the community now because it's a culture arts district. So yeah, man, So that's it. That's that's what I got for you.
Speaker 3: That's incredible appreciation. I asked, I asked Chris to put together a presentation. I didn't know he was going to do a whole that was that was extremely impressive.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I really, I really really really really appreciate that. That was that was extremely extremely impressive.
Speaker 5: Well appreciated man, much appreciated man. And trust me, I can go hours on each one of those slides, So I tried to keep it short.
Speaker 3: Now you know what the thing about it is, and we're gonna go into the best part of the whole situation when people get to ask questions and answer the question. But it's like, you know, we're in a political season right now, and obviously everybody should go out there and vote for, you know, whatever you think is the right situation to do. But nobody's coming to save you either way. And you can't rely on you can't rely on government programs. You can't rely on any type of you know, opportunity zone, government assistance to help build. Like at the end of the day, human human nature is self preservation and people people are tribal by nature and and and they look out for their own tribe. So it's unrealistic to expect anybody to come ah better our situation as a community. This is why we have to do it ourselves. So when we just you know, give you the whole blueprint about how he built, how he's buying back the block in Houston, Texas. He's doing it like hook a crook. And the thing about it is like when he when he he just laid out like two different things because like the first one he did just private money the woman that had the IRA and then he puts some money down. Then the second time he did the crowdfunding. So he's given you multiple different like on that first slide where it was like you can do it yourself, you can do a bank finance, and you could do crowdfunding. He's giving you different things and he actually did different things. And it's like it's not like he's coming from you know, millions of dollars and got a million dollar loan and bank loans and all that stuff. It's like we can make excuses or we can we can get it done, and we can you know, change the direction of our of our family and our legacy. And that's what I really like about you. It's like you're not making excuses. He's just out here just just doing it done. Man, got it done.
Speaker 2: We ain't throwing the word legend around lightly. Man, We're talking to a real legend, and I'm glad you said opportunities zone because Chris I heard you say something that I've never heard before, and we kind of explained with opportunities zones well and shout out to our brother MG to Marris Guy. We did a whole segment on that, but you said they kind of really don't benefit us obviously because you have to have capital gains. But you said something very interesting. You said the process of moving. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like. The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it's feel seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 9: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates? Fast, easy, just to use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Bling your business into an opportunity zone could benefit us. Can you talk about that just a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So, so the way it works is, well, I think you have to acquire a business outside of an opportunity zone or you have to have investors. Okay, let me let me back up. So, yeah, so if you personally acquire a business that's outside of an opportunity zone and then you move it into an opportunity zone, you get the same tax benefits as the people that are investing in real estate in those zones. You can also have investors invest in a business for you to buy and then you relocate into an opportunity zone and those investors get those same tax benefits. And like you said, opportunity zones aren't really made for us because you have to have capital gains. So the way that you that you do benefit from it is you get investors to invest either in your real estate or your businesses. Get those those folks that do have capital gains to invest in your businesses. And then while you you may get a small portion of the actual returns from an investment, you know you you have the ability to leverage all of their capital for whatever project you're trying to get done.
Speaker 3: There, you have it, So we're gonna jump into it. Can you can you hang out with us a little bit longer? Yeah, definitely some question A So we're gonna we're gonna answer questions. So before we do that, anybody that came on late, So what we're doing right now, if you're wondering why we're doing like this special YouTube live Eyo University is a platform that we built and we do weekly webinars. We do this like we do classes like this every single week and every Wednesday at eight o'clock Eastern Standard, and the last Wednesday of the month we open it up to the public. We put it on YouTube, so it's like an open house, like, you know, we feel like the best way to kind of you know, put the product on display is for people to walk through try it out. Right. We have nothing to hide, so this is this is just what that is. So and outside of this, we do weekly classes. We got the book club, we got the movie Club, we got the Facebook Investment Group, we got biweekly real estate called a MG the mortgage guy, we got monthly financial planning calls with me. So we're really trying to build this out and to be like, like I keep saying Phoenix University because that's what I think about when I think about like online universities, I think, like everybody's kind of heard of Phoenix University, but I'm like, why can't EYL University be the flag bearer? And the way education is going now is like education is the only thing that can save you because it's like, you know, you you're trying to you know, you try to get a job, and it's it's good luck right now right, And it's like you know, self education, as Mickey Fax said, formal education can get you a portion, self education can make you a fortune. You're not gonna learn any of this stuff in any Ivy League Schoolie, you're not gonna learn any of this stuff in any Ivy League school. That's just a fact. It's not my opinion. It's a fact. And that has been told to us from hedge fund managers to VC capital firm owners, very high level intelligent people. They're like yo, with the information that you give. They're not teaching this in Stanford, like not at this level where people can understand it. For damn. They're free. So if you're interested in EYL University, like I said, this is an open house platform that we do once a month, and we're running a special promo cold forty percent off. The price goes up in twenty four hours, so eight o'clock tomorrow. But it's three hundred, like three hundred dolls, three hundred and foy dollars.
Speaker 2: Somebody just said that this class itself is worth the price for the whole.
Speaker 3: For the whole time. Yeah, it's like, you know, it's like the fact. What can you what can you do with that? That's like I said, that's a few bottles of Sarak, like one bottle of sarrock in the club.
Speaker 2: In the club a fact.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Ain't no theories, ain't no gimmicks.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We're given it to you, real live from real life people.
Speaker 3: And there's no code because before a lot of people was asking about the code it was issued, so for twenty four hours we took the code off. But it's a special link. You can only use the link in the YouTube description or the link that's pinned in YouTube, So if you're watching it, that's the only way you can get that. It's not on the website. You got to go through that link. I'll put it in the chat again. But yeah, let's go to my favorite part. So this is the So the classes work like this where the presenter comes on and they present PowerPoint presentation and then afterwards the public EYO University members gets to ask them questions. And this is my favorite part because this is like mentorship in a sense where it's like you watch a pod cast and that's great. You get information, but people have questions. You try to d m these people, you know, it's hard for them to respond back. So this is the part that actually to me is even the best people get a sense of this in Market Mondays. But that's just a sense like this is what we do every week where people ask questions and they actually get to engage with these high level educated people. So let's let's get to some questions. I'm going to shout out to Julian Gordon e Yl, professor legend in his own right.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. That's a fact. I'm going to my boys straight out of Houston, Darius, I mute yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 3: Bro, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I'm in the building. Anything good, man, It's good with you, bro man.
Speaker 5: I cannot complain. I cannot complain.
Speaker 10: Loving the fact that we that we went the gentrification and buying back.
Speaker 2: The block route with this one.
Speaker 10: I was definitely happy to uh to hear and see see that post right there.
Speaker 5: Man, Chris, how you doing. I'm good, brother, how are you? I can't complain playing at all.
Speaker 10: I guess my question is is my cussing is not necessarily general, but as far as gentrification is concerned, you spoke a little bit about identifying neighborhoods or zip codes or just specific areas that may be ready to go through gentrification. I'm in Houston. I'm downtown right now, so like the Heights, I'm familiar with the Heights. I live near Humble, I'm familiar with Fifth Ward, Third Ward, all of that, And I'm driving through this stuff all day every day, and I'm seeing exactly what it is you've done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying, you come from Humble. You see both of my projects from the freeway that part.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, right over here on Elgin fifty nine and Elgin before we're coming from down town.
Speaker 5: Over the third Ward.
Speaker 10: Like those properties that are right there alongside the freeway when they was raggedy, I saw them when they knocked them down.
Speaker 5: I saw them when they pinned them up. Yep.
Speaker 10: So I'm looking at it and I'm like, Okay, So how do I go about identifying areas that are on the cusp or already in the process of the gentrification. And then as far as getting in on that. I like the way that you built that, you built that out. So my question is is like, you still doing your thing in Houston. So is there an area that I can kind of just be like, Okay, this is what Chris was talking about right here.
Speaker 5: Man, there's tons of it. I mean you name some of them. That Elgin area that's third Ward close to the TSU. You get this opportunities. You go south towards Sunnyside outside of the Medical Center they call it in Sunnyside. Used to be here, they call it in Medical Center South. Now the fifth Ward still has a ton of opportunity. Man, it's just getting started. Like I said, that big project won't even be complete till twenty twenty three. So you got three or four neighborhoods right there, all along fifty nine prime for you to try to get it.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about You spoke about it briefly, but you spoke on the podcast. Also city development and urban planning websites.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So every city, every city has a planning and development department. Some of them call it urban planning, I think some of some of them call it planning and development. But in that sector of the website, there's always their plans. They have five year, ten year, twenty year plans. Some of them were posting the different variance requests that are coming up for different developer projects, and so on that site, you can see where the city is trying to go with redevelopment, and you can see where the city is planning to reinvest in infrastructure over the next five years or ten years. And so that can be a key indicator of where you should go as well, because especially if it's a city that has the ability to get grant money that type of thing, they're going to be enticing developers and other people to go in there to be that catalyst like the big project I showed y'all. And so once you see those types of things, and then it's time for you to try to, you know, just get in the money flow of what's going on in that area.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Dars, appreciate you. Bro. Houston's own YO. You didn't notice, but I put Beyonce up there for you.
Speaker 3: Soon shout out. We got shot out a few a few, a few of our loyal supporters in Houston, Texas from the hip hop side, Toby Way, we had him here, We had him on this on the show, and he's tearing that he's the hottest dude out right now. Seen them last night at hip hop. He did his thing, a little kikey legend. Legend came to our event, came to our event. Used to let the airport Jazz. Prince reached out to me on Instagram, shout out to shout out to the whole Prince family. We got crazy story about the Prince family. Paul Wall ran into him at the airport. Yo, we were coming to Houston, man, we coming. Don't forget Slim Dog. Slim Dog ran into him. Also a shout to Slim Thug.
Speaker 2: We had a crazy weekend.
Speaker 3: Sh shout out to Madhatta.
Speaker 11: Yo.
Speaker 3: That was a crazy week crazy shout.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just wanted to shy youyboy in Houston.
Speaker 2: Shout to Mike Brown.
Speaker 3: Shout to Mike Brown, like, yeah, shout out to jazz. Yeah from Lace Chateau.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. Jasmine, What up? What up? Uh, let's go to I'm gonna mixture bass me. Hope, I got that right. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on? We know there's no fresher. Oh every time I say fridge, they on. What's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to ask real when you did that crowd funded, right, was that with the promise of keeping the properties and renting them out or are you giving out dividends? How is that?
Speaker 3: How are they getting a return on their money? That's what platform crowd.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. Yeah, so the platform I use is called bottle block dot com based on Denver, Colorado. But yeah, so they are getting dividends, so they what I'm doing is I'm taking forty percent of the net profit from the rents and I'm dividing that up and I'm sending that out to everybody. And so just like in the dividend, it'll be between like two to three percent, like one and a half to three percent of the investment amount. But you know you're on Nike stock, you get a one percent dividend, and so you know with this you also get the share value appreciation because you're not just donating money, you're not lending money. You actually bought a piece of ownership of this property. So as the property value goes up, your share value goes up. And so that's where the real return is. And so the way I have the project set up, it's supposed to be a seven year project. So you know, we bought it for one point two particularly be worth about three million in about seven years and then so you have options to sell your shares and get out. We can refinance it and stay in and basically everybody can still pull their initial capital out they initially invested. So that's how it got a structured.
Speaker 2: So appreciate that, SHARLRETTA were coming to you. I hope I said your name right, Sharrett.
Speaker 5: I hope ready, Yeah, you said it right here.
Speaker 2: We go, and you was ready right when I pressed on you. Thank you.
Speaker 11: I was ready to pounce.
Speaker 5: I was ready to pounce. Do it Okay.
Speaker 12: So I just want to say I've been with you aileybout forty five days, and Yo, this is so worth the investment.
Speaker 2: I appreciate.
Speaker 12: Appreciate that, Chris is finally nice to see your face because I tell you, I'm kicking myself that I did not join when you guys had this out on by the.
Speaker 5: Block dot com. Oh that, but I love the thought process.
Speaker 4: So one of the questions I really had was for.
Speaker 5: Someone like myself.
Speaker 12: I actually came across a property about three years ago in one of these up and coming neighborhoods. I'm getting ready to actually build my first home, and one of my things is, you know, I'm kind of torn in the fact that you know it is you know, developers are coming in that don't necessarily look like us. So what advice would you have for someone getting in the game that necessarily doesn't have the capitalization to go and buy the block and starting out with that one one piece here or there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely start wherever you can. You know, the developers are going to come. Like I said, you can't really stop them. So you know, some of the other concept we'll talk about, maybe like getting a small group of people together to co invest with you. You can maybe two or three people that may have some money sitting in the old UH savings, that kind of old UH four one K we talked about earlier. You can use that as your down payment and maybe have another partner has good credit. You know, if you're going to try to do something, I wouldn't say try to start with ground up development or new new construction. I would suggest you try to buy some, you know, something that's in decent condition already, even even the new building the right area, if the construction and the redevelopment is happening quickly. You can still you can still get equity in your home pretty quickly. It rather it's an investment that's your primary residents. And would also tell people too, is like if you want to be an investor, you want to be a landlorder, you got to think about if you're buying something that's existing, even if it passes inspection, right, the inspectors only looking for things that are wrong. But if you've got a house that's let's say it's twenty years old and they put a twenty year well they put a let's say they put a thirty year roof on it, you got a plan as as as the owner of their property that to replace a roof in five or six years or ten years max. Right, those type of things people don't think about. Whereas if you buy a brand new property in the community like this, but the property the values are going up. You know everything's new, so you have a longer runway before you have to start investing in repairs. So just just things to think about. And if you haven't well, if you haven't used like your first time home buyer credit or anything like that, you can get into something with three percent down even if you don't want to stay in it forever, just stay in it for a little while and turn into an investment property. Got all right, I appreciate thanks at.
Speaker 2: The game, then appreciate you appreciate it. First time homebodyies you say, yep.
Speaker 3: And people they watching our journey, like you know, we did trucking because we did the trucks with shout out to alex So we just brought our first truck and we're going to be like showing people the journey into that. So watch what we're doing in Cleveland, Ohio. We got a shout to be on wind shout out to big business. Shot about in Cleveland. But oh yeah, well we might come in Houston.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about Houston.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, bro, we got a lot of love out there. Remember we was just in a random strip on eating. It was just like, yo, we love you out here.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about the prices out there.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, man, I can't we can't compete with those prices up there.
Speaker 3: Cleveland, Ohio. It's different right now.
Speaker 2: We gotta open invitation in Nashville as well. We might there's there's there's a couple of cities we might have to look.
Speaker 3: At Nashville, Tennessee. Shot out in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Uh, I haven't seen this thing before, Garth, were coming to you, Garth, i'mut yourself. You've been unmuted, you guys. G Chris Garth, can you tell your volume up just a little bit? Hold on, They was about to hit you with the deadlines.
Speaker 13: Bro, know it was coming.
Speaker 3: Was rushing.
Speaker 13: Fabulous presentation, Troy Rashard, you know, fabulous job. Keep up the good work. Chris, you know the stuff that you're doing there. I'm here thinking, I'm like, dude, we need to replicate this across the country, you know what I mean? Just clone you or you create disciples and just spread them across the US and we just do our thing. And you know that's that's what I'm seeing right now. I know Julian down in New Orleans, he's doing this thing down here as well.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, we have.
Speaker 13: All these resources, man, we need to pull this together. Troy and Rashad, you guys are the the link between you know, to pull all this together, you know, create a master class or something where we get everybody together and put put something like this together where we you know this this energy, and just replicate it across country and just put in different pockets across the country and just do our thing. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like I said, I wanted to say, she appreciated. I appreciate that. Shots at Julian Gordon. He's doing something similar in New Orleans, I believe. And of course we got Brandon Rule, who's one of the top real estate developers in the United States of America right now. We got a lot of we got a lot of relationships with a lot of good people.
Speaker 11: MG.
Speaker 3: The mortgage guy who's the number one real estate financing expert online. So maybe we can, maybe we can form a conglomorate Superpower super Pack, eyl Superpack.
Speaker 2: We're coming to take over the neighbor.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Garth Man, I appreciate the comment. Man, But that's exactly why I'm doing this. Why I'm being so transparent with everything, because it's way too much for me to try to tackle on my own. And I'm not I'm not the boastful, bragful, arrogant guy. I just want everybody on the same way.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 5: It was frustrating not seeing enough of us doing this, And it's funny. I would be in conversations with all of these intellectuals, these IVY League graduates, our community, and they would tell me why it wouldn't work. And eventually I was just like, I'm just gonna do it. I'm just gonna show them that it can't work, you know. And I think that's what it takes for a lot of us just to get to get in there and start doing it.
Speaker 2: They keep driving on the highway, They're gonna see what you're doing. Is there? All right, Wanda, we are coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's up?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 16: First of all, I love you. I love to show out of the platform. I've told everybody in my organization. I have twelve hundred people about this, well, the black people.
Speaker 3: We love everybody.
Speaker 16: I have this like pipe dream of building a thriving Black community. And I call it a pipe dream because I like the strategy that you're talking about in terms of going into an area that's on the verge of re vitalization or gentrification. But I have a question about an area like Gary, Indiana, where and I'm from New York, I don't know anything about Gary. It came to me in a dream. So Gary, there was white flight and then black flight. In the fifties and sixties, industry left the place, and right now it's virtually abandoned over the past forty years, but slowly but surely, like I heard that there's a hotel coming to the beach area and there's an investment in building a new school. So my question is, what do you think about going into an area that is not even quite on the verge of revitalization and buying the block there and maybe networking with other real estate investors who are black and trying to lure people from Chicago who are thirty minutes away. A lot of them left Gary to go to Chicago. What do you think about that as a strategy. Is it really a pipe dream? Should I move forward or should I look for a place that is already gentrifying or revitalizing right now?
Speaker 5: That's definitely a risk tolerance question, okay, because you don't know how long it's going to take for that to take off. If you can invest in it and hold it long enough where it's not if you got money that's not going to hurt you to invest in the property and just let it sit there. And wait for that to happen. And that's okay. But if you're expecting a quick return on whatever, I would say, go somewhere where the bet is more sure. You know where you where you have a more solid opportunity to get into whatever you're going to do, make some money, and continue to expand. I think that happens a lot of times. People buy properly in the wrong neighborhoods and the values don't appreciate. Sometimes the values are stagnant or even go down, and you end up losing money if you look at inflation and everything else and your cost of like taxes and insurance and all that kind of stuff. So you got to be really really strategic with that. I personally wouldn't suggest it, but if you have the capital to do it, then you know it's it won't hurt try.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, appreciate you. I think that's the question a lot of people have, like coming from New York or whatever, it's like la where it's just the real estate is crazy and they want to go to these different towns, but it's like, you don't know anybody. And the reason why I said Cleveland, Ohio, is that we really built a strong relationship with beyond when shout out to him, just a real solid dude, and you know that's somebody that we trust. And it's like, you know, even Maurice Cloret, a good friend of mine who's out in Columbus, Ohio. So you know, I really know like these people are. Actually they live out there. They you know, So I'm not going to go to anybody's turf and try to do the Chrystopher Columbus day. Just take over.
Speaker 5: And you know what, that is a great point because like those like we're beyond them are there is a strong rental market there and there's not enough housing. So if that's the business case that you're looking at, then still it still makes sense because you can buy the chop the property really really and expensively and still have positive cash flow and make great returns.
Speaker 2: Really, I'll tell you another great place to find people that are from other places inside the investment group. I'm telling you, like every time that somebody posts like, yo, hey, I live in Houston, is there anybody that is a developer in Houston? It's a great resource. Yo, is there anybody in Cleveland? Every day? I see it like somebody from another part of the country is like, yo, anybody here in this area. It's a great way to network and a great way to resource and come together. Right if I'm not from Gary, I'm guaranteeing out of the five thousand almost six thousand people, somebody knows the area.
Speaker 3: And Matt Matt was doing, He's gonna bring it back when he was doing the city right each city, so he did, like the real estate updates for the Bay Area, the real estate updates for Houston, and real estate updates for Philly. Those are good resources too because it's like now that's specific for that area. So even if you don't live in Philly, but you're interested in Philadelphia real estate, you can network. It's all about network. And that was my whole point, is that it's just about networking. And I feel like, you know, a lot of times what's stopping us is the relationships. And that's another thing that we built with the university. It's just relationships, but just in general, just in life, like you might have a family member, you may have a cousin, you might have to you know, you never know who you're going to meet and get introduced to. But relationships can take you a long long way. You can have all knowledge in the world, but if you don't have the relationships, you might not be able to execute. So it's relationships that are extremely, extremely important in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Bianca were coming to you, I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's up, hi?
Speaker 15: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Of how fast y'all was going? Everything's great.
Speaker 15: I just didn't expect that to happen. So my question is probably very similar to one of the first questions, but I never get to get on, so I'm just going to say it. So just about the opportunity zoned. So, I'm from Augusta, Georgia, and I moved to Minneapolis five years ago, and I noticed North Minneapolis is like one of the most undeveloped, neglected places in Minneapolis. But I just read something today about the city planning to put a concert venue up there. They they're getting like millions of dollars. Would you consider this like a opportunity zone?
Speaker 5: Well, so, an opportunity zone is actually a government designation for specific neighborhoods that have like specific low income demographic or like then they have like usual issues like food deserts where it's no grocery stores and those types of things, and so those zones were created to kind of pinpoint areas where the government wanted these high networks people or people that have capital gains to invest and park their money for up to ten years in exchange for getting a tax abatement basically a tax deferment, and like whatever whatever they buy over the ten years, they actually can sell it at the end and not pay any taxes on that at all. So I'm not sure if that you'd have to. You can really just google opportunities on map and it'll tell you if that area is an opportunity zone or not, and then it sounds like something that that may be a catalyst for other development to come around it. So I would definitely I would stay tuned to see what's going on. If you know any realtors anybody that may be in that that may know that market, I would say you suggest you talk to them to see if they know of any realtors that represent builders in new construction that because if those builders are looking at that area, and that tells you that things are about to pick up.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Yeah, you know what I just thought about something we're going to do in it hopefully you can help us out with this. We have almost four thousand members in our in our private our private investment group on Facebook, so we should we could. We can set up geographical groups, like we can have a New York group, we can have an l A group, we can have affiliate like. That means, so that way people can they can identify themselves by like where they actually live. And like I said, even if you don't live So even if you live in New York, but you might be interested in Houston real estate. If there's three hundred people from Houston in a Houston group, now you can network with them, and that gives you three hundred people that you can actually, you know, reach out to and build with. So we're gonna get that done. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I guarantee seven o'clock. I'm gonna have fourteen text mess Shy said. He said, I appreciate that. Ah man, Let's go to a new name. Oh, Whitney, I haven't seen this thing before. Whitney, what's going on? Mute self? You been unmuted?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, thanks for this awesome information.
Speaker 17: I appreciate I appreciate everything that eyl is bringing to the table.
Speaker 6: And I'm a newbie.
Speaker 17: I've only been a member of about a month or so, but I'm really happy to be appreciate that, bro.
Speaker 6: I got a message for Chris.
Speaker 17: I serve on the political side and the community side for a lot of housing agencies or community redevelopment boards and economic development boards. And I do that, as I said, and I actually put my question in the thing just so I can be at the table and hear about deals that are coming down and actually bring it.
Speaker 6: Back to our community.
Speaker 17: But I get a lot of pushback from our community because mostly I think because they just they see that their communities are being changed and they feel helpless to get involved or helpless to do anything about it because they don't have the financial wherewithal to do anything. What are some strategies that you've used or that you seen yous that actually help to engage local communities, particularly our community black people and bring them along through this process.
Speaker 5: Man, you know, it's tough. I mean, I thankfully the projects that I have they kind of see something different and they see that I'm not displacing people. But for the for the a lot of times, people are just adverse to change, right, So I think the best thing that you could do probably would be to bring in a group of investors, if you know, a group of investors or developers that may be of the right mindset, and have them come and talk to the community. And you know, if you if you know where the projects are going and you know what's coming, put put that group in front of the projects and let them, you know, interface with the community, kind of bring some of the amenities and services the community may be looking for, or explain to them why it's not the right time for certain things. Like you know, a lot of the communities, like like I said, they will want the grocery store now, and they'll want this and that now, but they don't want the new housing, you know, and you have to explain to them, well, this is why you need that. This is why you need some people that look like you in the community that earn more money so that it can be attractive for Starbucks or it can be attractive for the grocery store to come back. So a lot of it's just open communication, but there is no cookie cutter answer.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You're never going to get everybody on board, unfortunately, But I mean, you know, you can kind of turn the tide a little bit by doing some of those things.
Speaker 6: True, true, I appreciate that. Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you. Oh, here we go, my guys here Author Paul Rose King, Arthur, you've been unmuted. Peace peace, what's good fellas? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Bro? Slow motion? How y'a doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're good man, no doubt A. Chris Man definitely a big fan.
Speaker 18: I'm actually an investor in the in the Lions Avenue project.
Speaker 5: Love it. I love it. Yeah.
Speaker 18: When I actually right right before right as COVID hit I got, I got into the project and I joined EYL. That was kind of how I split the bread up for it solders. Definitely looking forward. Definitely a big fan. Been following the mod project as well. Congrats on that. As we talk about building the community. One of the things that you mentioned, uh, with the with the project that you said, you know, most none of those houses were like Section eight houses and stuff like that. Those are all pretty much working class individuals. That being said, Section eight is like one of the largest subsidies our community gets, Like literally it's about eight billion dollars a year, and the majority of that money goes to black women as we know who are generally that had a household for those communities, And so as you're building your plans and as you know, you speak on others and how they should expand how do you view or what ways do you think that we have to actually include that so we don't walk away literally from eight billion dollars a year that now is going to other people who own that affordable housing to a certain degree, because our own people are scared or don't want to deal with those Section eight housing.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So yeah, let me point out the reason why I pointed that out earlier is for the opposite reason, right, because we all we automatically assume everybody in these neighborhoods is all strictly on government assistance. But there are some people that are just hardworking that you know, all fixed incomes. Now, as far as the you know, the single women especially or anybody that's on Section eight, I think that with the right landlords in place, and I think it can actually be a better system because you know, if we are the ones controlling the real estate and own the real estate, and those are our tenants, then we'll probably look out for them a little bit more than somebody else. That's you know, living across the country or living in another neighborhood that doesn't really care about the community. But most importantly, when you talk about a way to leverage home ownership that we don't really talk about those those vouchers can be used for mortgage payments just like they can be used for regularly. So educating more of the people in our community about how to get their credit together to get into a first time home buyers program and get a down payment assistance grant and then convert that same voucher over to something that can help pay the mortgage, we can create more home ownership in the community using that same tool.
Speaker 18: So so so in a way, for those who are looking how to replicate what you're doing on the smaller scale, one of the things they can do is look to take advantage of those government programs in using.
Speaker 5: Their own home buying i e.
Speaker 18: Matt's Home Biased home Buyers or you know, using those types of things in their own personal lives to kind of replicate on a micro scale what you're doing at the macro level.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely, and that's actually a way for people that have existing rental portfolios if they want to get out of them. A lot of people are converted over to owner finance, so so basically the same tenants stays in the property, but now they're they are buying the property, so now they're responsible for the insurance and the taxes and all those things. So if you have a Section eight tenant and it's a house that you don't want to get, you know, you may not want to keep in your portfolio, you could actually sell it to them. Yeah, and create a homeowner out of one of your tenants, especially they've been loyal, long term tenants.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's a million ways to uh to make that program benefit us more. I appreciate it, brother.
Speaker 3: Thank you author. On one last I just want to ask you a question because you're one of our most prestigious students at euy L University and you always tap into every single thing we got going. Uh, how how has your experience been with Eyo University.
Speaker 18: It's been It's been fabulous, man, it's been fabulous. I listen, I went to a prestigious all boys prep school in high school, Old Farms, I could have went to all most of them in the ivy leagues, I end up going to George Washington University.
Speaker 3: That's very prestigious school.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: However, in terms of the actual practical knowledge that I learned outside of me just working and doing the things that I did in my career, I would say this has definitely been one of the most comprehensive UH education platforms that I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 18: You guys brought me to Chris, you guys brought me to matt Uh. You brought me to Beyond, you know what I mean. And so in terms of actually executing and getting things done, there's there's there's nothing better, you know what I mean. I was an econ major, I was a finance major, all of that stuff, and it doesn't come close to the practical knowledge all of that stuff.
Speaker 5: That they're gonna teach you in the schools. You can go google that.
Speaker 18: But this, now, this, get it done, this, this, this, this, uh you know, get to sell of financing and transfer that into into a private investment for the IRA and then transfer that.
Speaker 5: And getting it done.
Speaker 18: They're not gonna teach you that at Harvard and nowhere else of it. They're gonna teach you the exact opposite of what Chris is teaching. They're gonna teach you how to ultimately rape your community. Chris is gonna teach you how to get it done and get the bag. So I appreciate you fellas for it. I always participate. I'll always be highly and you know, I appreciate you guys for always letting me.
Speaker 2: Rock, appreciating author, appreciate that most prestigious.
Speaker 3: Often man's extremely extremely intelligent. God Man Market used to be a market maker on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: That's our guy. This is another one of our of our dudes. Man Park, what's going on? I'm mute yourself. What's going on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Bro Man, I was struggling with.
Speaker 19: Now No, I'm making sure I'm coming back out like I ain't never missed another episode ever. Yeah, no, thanks for all the information, Chris. I just had just one, you know, short question. Throughout the whole process that you've done, what would you think is like the hardest step that you had to take, like before you got to where.
Speaker 3: You're at right now?
Speaker 5: Man, I would say every every step has its own challenges. I would say the most the most difficult things I had going was when I was trying to figure things out on my own and not find somebody that was an expert at what I was trying to get done and putting them in place to do something to help me out. So, I mean, that's really been the biggest thing, man. I would say with the new construction project, like the roadblock with the infrastructure was pretty tough, and having to negotiate with the city to figure out, you know, a solution for that. And let me think on the on the crowdfund side, I think that the hardest part was getting the deal done on the front and just negotiating with the sellers and making them understand, you know, why I needed them to come down on price and why I needed them to sell their finance to me. But yeah, I mean every everything, every deal you do, you're gonna have a different challenge, So just be prepared for that.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your pop.
Speaker 3: Shout out Chicago man, Chris, can we get like ten more minutes of your time? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody on YouTube shot Yes to real Estate. They sent a couple of days. You read that message, No, I know, Andre Yes, Okay, okay, yes, it is Andre, Yes to real Estate. We're breaking ground on our four townhousing fifth Ward two months with three blocks from you.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, you're taking over the whole.
Speaker 2: That's taking over the whole neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I love it and I love it definitely, definitely.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, what's going on? You've been unmuted?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 20: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Everything's good.
Speaker 20: Thank you so much for having this open forum. Has been very informative. I got on a.
Speaker 6: Little late, but I will rewatch.
Speaker 20: I did want to ask Christopher a question about buying back Harlem and what do you suggest. I'm born and raised here. I've been approached with a lot of negativity and charm in terms of trying to open up a business. However, a lot of businesses have closed due to COVID, and I just kind of wanted to know a way on how to approach that.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a very There's a lot of variables in that equation, right, because, number one, the type of business you're gonna want to start. You know, when you see a bunch of businesses closing, don't think it's for no reason. You know they're closing because they tried to stay open and they couldn't. Now, I mean, of course, that is going to open a new way of opportunity on the backside. But I'm not really familiar with the Harlem market or like the price points there, so I wouldn't want to give you any bad advice. It's not cut her blanket across the board, so I would say, maybe do what I would do in any situation is find local experts that are doing what you're trying to do. Maybe talk to a commercial broker that has clients that have bought businesses or rented spaces to start businesses and have closed those businesses and find out what challenges their clients had and then figure out, you know, your next move. So uh yeah, don't don't go into it blindly, don't don't go into it trying to figure it out your own for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. And it's like, you know, we live in New York. We've been in New York our entire lives. Our whole family has been in New York their entire lives pretty much. And you know, I was always really pro New York. I still am, you know, York, but the more I travel, I've been traveling a lot lately, and.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. I ain't gonna let do it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it now. The one thing that Donald Trump said is like, I don't know if the city's ever really gonna fully recover. And it's so much regulation, it's so much red tape, it's so much hassle. The prices are through the roof in every neighborhood. It's just really, you know, for me, I'm like, you go to places like Atlanta, you just travel around and it's I don't know, man, New York City is it's vastly becoming overrated. It hurts my heart to say that, really hurts my heart to say that. But it's it's it's I think it's I think it's true.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you said that. It's it's it's it's challenging times for our city, man. But hopefully we'll we're covering hopefully. Maybe not. I'm just I'm just optimistic. I wouln't be optimistic about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, head to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Jerome, Jerome, I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 12: What up?
Speaker 5: What up? What up?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 14: I guess my question is branched off of some of the things that have been answered already. But Chris you talked about earlier in your slides. Well, first of all, you know, buying back the block you always when you come from you know, lower income black neighborhoods, that's always the dream you and your homeboys like, Yo, you know what I mean, I'm a buy back to block on by this. Well, I guess in my case, I got I got some of my homeboys.
Speaker 21: We all kind of got a financial background of some sorts.
Speaker 5: But we're new to this.
Speaker 14: And I know you said that don't all come in as rookies as novice. So I guess my question is where would you start to find someone who understands these contracts where you like, yo, you know what I mean, I'm a I'm a put down this amount, but you can become a partner or you know, like I'm a seller finance.
Speaker 21: So how do I find outside of just networking?
Speaker 14: Because I know Troy and Rashada was like they found somebody in Cleveland that they can trust.
Speaker 21: So one is trust and two.
Speaker 5: Do you go look?
Speaker 14: I mean, do you look for a professional? I guess this is a big question, but do you look for a professional? How do you find somebody to join your group that not only you trust, but has that knowledge of not just book knowledge, but knowledge. Just say, all right, when this happens, this, you know this, this like that's I guess that's my question, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 5: So where are you located?
Speaker 21: So I'm located in Virginia right now.
Speaker 14: I live in northern Virginia, but I'm from southern Virginia, Hampton, like in the Hampton University area, if you know, if you're familiar with that, Norfolk State, some HBCUs in the area.
Speaker 21: But it's a lot of areas black areas Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth.
Speaker 14: That are on the verge of I would say gentrification, but they not quite there yet.
Speaker 21: And we're trying to get active in the market.
Speaker 14: But you know, we don't have that that that that game, that real game, not just open up a book game. But like you said, you you know all the ins and outs, and we're just trying to look for something like that.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: So I would say, once again, just trying to find local mentors and not necessarily, not necessarily somebody to invest with you, but maybe you have to just pay somebody for the knowledge for the time, you know, just to get into it. But you know, I got a platform called learn from Chris dot com. You can go in there and they'll give you a lot of the basic information and then that'll put you in a position if you want to go talk to somebody locally, because sometimes active investors don't want to deal with people that they can tell are completely green, you know, So if you can go in there and get yourself acclimated some things. Go to YouTube. There's a lot of stuff on there, and I'm not trying to be cliche, but I'm saying, like, try to get yourself as educated as possible so that when you get in front of these people you can have an intelligent conversation with them about what you're trying to do. And man, Virginia has a lot a lot of investors. I mean, you could between Instagram, I know, I know several between Instagram and Facebook that might be able to help you. You can also look up local meetups, you know, just type in whatever nearest big city to you and investment meetups and that'll bring you to some some groups that may have somebody's willing to work with you. But man, networking between social media platforms like Earn your Leisure and and uh yeah, just the Facebook groups. Man, I'm pretty sure you can find somebody if if you all looking.
Speaker 3: And like I said, we're gonna we're going through that on our Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris, I'm gonna take a quote and Jerome you can you can use this quote and apply it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I took this right from your page. I was like, this is dope. You said there's three things you need to be successful. The knowledge, the opportunity, the money. One you can control. The two y'all gotta find that's it. So take that with you, Jerome, Knowledge, opportunity, money one you control too. You gotta go find my man, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Sure when you see me running through Atlanta in La Los Angeles, Houston, Texas and these things La too. It's a great cloud over New York right now.
Speaker 2: I've seen b Rude put your Headlanta Headquarters all the way e y.
Speaker 3: Lanta Headquarters is already it's already up and running. But we already said that we're re ramping it. We Yeah, we got be Rue. We got to meet up somewhere.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I know you in DC, but when we're Atlanta, you gotta come come check us out.
Speaker 3: Shout out to d C. Shout out to PG County. Shot. The earth is big though. That's why I know, shout out to New York. It's New York forever. But I just say that halfway joking, only halfway. But the earth is big though. We can't just be stuck in our neighborhood. It's just like if something is too out of expensive or something is just you know, never be afraid to expand, like you know, this is this is this is a large earth that we live in, even out of the country, Like you know what I mean, Like there's no there's no limits to anything that we do in life. And we put we put geographic limits on ourselves because where we're from, the neighborhoods that we grew up in in our family. But you never know, you might be pleasantly surprised when you start to travel and you see different areas and it's different opportunities, and it's different cultures and different people and they have different dialects. So you know, me, I love to travel Troy, Troy gonna be here forever.
Speaker 2: But I love York. But our wise man told me. This man he said this to us the other day. He said, go where you're celebrated.
Speaker 3: That's a fact too.
Speaker 2: Go where you're celebrated.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, well, we're always gonna be celebrated in New York, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Shot you celebrate. I was like, that's powerful. Natalie, what's up? I'm yourself. You've been unmuted. Has been on point today on Natalie. Right when I say that, you know how his work ain't no frish breaks. So Natalie, we gotta move on. We gotta move on. Uh, let's go to Samantha. Samantha, we I'm muting you. I'mute yourself. Hello, there we go. Let's keep this thing rolling. Samantha, thank you.
Speaker 4: I got thig so good evening, everyone, Good evening. Shout out to the earners and my cousins that are listening. I sent this to them. We have started our own investment group. Our overall goal, or one of our overall goals, would be to do this in Jamaica because our families from there, our parents are from Saint Anne, and but you know we have to start small.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm with that. Shout out to Jamaica.
Speaker 4: So my question is how did you structure the business? Did you do it on your own? And then do like a joint venture with other people or did you all create your own business?
Speaker 5: How did that work? Yeah, that's a great question. So each project I do has its own individual entity, so its own individual LLC, and that LLC owns the project, and so there's several ways you can structure from there. It depends on who is playing what role. So if you're bringing on other investors, some of them may want to be a member of your LLC, some of them want to joint venture where your two LLCs work together some of you. Some of them may want if they just want to be passive investors, you may have to structure something where they are in a limited partnership with you, where you are the general partner that makes decisions and they are like a passive limited partner that may get the first returns out of the deal. So it varies greatly. It really depends on the scope of the project you're trying to do. I mean, there's nothing wrong with all y'all just putting together and doing one LLC if that's what you want for the first project. Of course, this is not legal advice. You always just see legal counsel. But yeah, so, like I said, each project I do is different structure a little different?
Speaker 3: No, that was that was That was a great question, Samantha.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Let's go to one more. Let's go to one more.
Speaker 2: And I see that Shannon is telling you the contact her. So here, Shannon up, she's in the chat here, Shannon. Shout out to Shannon.
Speaker 3: Let's get one more.
Speaker 2: Let's see. Let's see this is a we haven't seen this name before. We haven't seen this name before. Ashley. We're coming to you, Ashley, what's going on? I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted?
Speaker 11: What okay?
Speaker 8: Sorry, I'm so excited because that part.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 8: I appreciate y'all for allowing me to speak and ask questions. Chris, I want to thank you for what you're doing for the city of Houston. I'm originally from Houston. My dad was born and raised in fifth Ward, Great a really special place in my heart. My major was urban planning. I went to Brown University. I'm a little nervous, I'm sorry. With to Brown University, studied urban planning, came back home and like, man, I see this happening, Like I could tell all the things that you've been talking about.
Speaker 11: When you see stuff like infrastructure coming to.
Speaker 8: A place, like you said, sidewalks even down to bus buses or light rails coming into a community that were never there before.
Speaker 11: That's another marker.
Speaker 8: And I just started seeing this like, man, when are we gonna all get on the same page? And to see you do it? I moved away from Houston. Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to invest. I mean I will now and I have the tools and I've been learning these last few years. But I left Houston because a lot of people weren't willing to give me the opportunity to work in urban planning and real estate development because I didn't have the experience. I just had the knowledge, and I came to LA and I come back to Houston and I just see it, like every month I've been coming back for the last three months, and like it's happening. I've been telling people and you know, Paul revereing it like, hey, gri grification is coming, Like you know, these people are moving in here with you know, their privilege, but they don't have you know, the roots here.
Speaker 11: They're there for the capitalist opportunities.
Speaker 8: And my one reason why I raised my hand, had no idea they were gonna call me, but I wanted to thank you personally, even if it's via zoom. I appreciate what you're doing and sparking even the thought because unfortunately, the reason why I moved from Houston too is a lot of people were so driven on being corporate, corporate, corporate only and we see something like COVID happening where the rug is pulled out from everybody and you know, either you had that mindset of pivoting or now you're fumbling to get there. And the platform like ey L is helping, you know, people all over the globe to really learn how to pivot.
Speaker 11: And I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm an earn I've been an earnest since March, and I've been telling people like, hey, you you need to get with I mean, I appreciate y'all putting it on YouTube, but getting in the community is totally different. Like you mentioned, when you talk to a stranger and they're believing in you and and giving you resources, you have to be able to tap into that.
Speaker 11: So my haning what was due. I mean, luckily I.
Speaker 8: Did it early, so you know, you always reward the people that adopt early, and I appreciate you, guys, but you know it's still valuable at the price that it is now. Chris, I will ask as I'll get to my question. I'm sorry for I'm trying to I'm trying to get thank y'all. But being in another city, do you think it's feasible? I because I have some of the knowledge I have, I see it and this is happening in every city in the country, you guys, So wherever you are, you you can tap in. But do you feel it's possible to be an investor from long distance or.
Speaker 11: Do you feel like you need to be in that specific city.
Speaker 8: I mean, la Is prices are going down because so many people moved, so the demand is not there. But you know, say, for instance like a Arizona or Nevada.
Speaker 11: I don't live.
Speaker 8: There, but I can tell that those cities, the cities there, are gonna gonna be moving into a redevelopment phase soon.
Speaker 11: So what is your advice on that.
Speaker 5: You can definitely invest anywhere in the country. I mean, it's all about having a team in place, right. It's no different than investing in a stock. But you don't know where the headquarters is. You don't know where the CEO is, you don't know where the factory is. You just have to have the right systems and the right team around you. So whatever city you're going to, you're gonna need a good realtor, a good property manager, a good contractor, and somebody that can manage them, you know, and or you have to have good open communication with them, or you know, local investors that you partner with. That's probably the easiest way to get into a new market instead of trying to do it on your own. So yeah, it's definitely possible. I know, I know some friends that only invest out of town. They don't even invest in the city they live in. So it's definitely practical.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Chris. They said that you look tired. Man. Hustlers don't sleep.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm telling you. They they say, Troy, you suspended all guidelines to man. I gotta get used to Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Now, Chris, Man, I really really, really really appreciate it. We're going to go into some more stuff with Chris, but before before we wrap, I want to give Chris the last word. But before we finish, once again, if anybody has just joined at this point in time. This was just a you know, open house of what we do once a month for Eyo University. If you're interested in joining Eyo University. We have a Facebook group, we have a book club, movie club, We do bi weekly real estate called the Mortgage Guy. We do. We do these type of classes every single week, every Wednesday. And there's archives, like over seventy five archive classes. So as soon as you join, you have access to all of that stuff and everything from disability insurance to how to buy a car, to host the real estate wholesaling, everything.
Speaker 2: New orientation for new earners, accountability, try it.
Speaker 3: What date is the orientation?
Speaker 2: There's going to be November fourteenth. If I'm not mistaken, I could be ye, November fourteen.
Speaker 3: November fourteenth at one o'clock. We have November twenty first we have orientation. We treating this like it's a real university, so like you know when you go to school and you have freshmen orientation. So you know, we have a lot of different spots. We got we got our Facebook group, we got the website, so it might be kind of hard for people to navigate. So we got orientation on the twenty first, and yeah, man, this is this is definitely gonna be the biggest, the biggest educational platform in existence. And twenty four hours and twenty four hours, the price goes up. So if you're interested in joining, the link is in only the link, the only discount link is in YouTube because uh, we didn't want to do a cold because there's issues with the cold. So just hit the hit the link in YouTube. It's pinned. I'll put it in the comments section again. And yeah, man, if you're interested in joining, it's only up from here. It's only up from here. But Chris, I want to give you the final word because I mean, we're going to be doing some more stuff together. I don't know if you're ready to talk about that or not yet.
Speaker 5: But yout it.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, e y L E y L Podcast Network. You obviously know that. You know, the people know we have a strong track record with our our show, our podcast and market Mondays. We said earlier, like in March, like we want to we want to work with other creatives and other entrepreneurs and different people to kind of, you know, help them out as far as their journey in podcasting and market Mondays was our first experiment and that was wildly successful experiment. So now we we we got a long list of other people that we're gonna bring on the label. And Chris, Chris hit me up, man, so I think, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna work on that podcast.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: It's long overdue for me. Man, I just didn't have the capacity to do it on my own. So it's an honor to partner with the number one.
Speaker 3: And and and this just just this just goes to show, like, you know, we're working together. You know young black entrepreneurs. Christ is in real estate, we're in the media space, and he recognized that we can we can bring some value to him, he can bring some value to us. So instead of us working apart, we're much stronger if if we come together. And if you know, all of these big corporations can have podcast networks. I can't. Why can't you, y, I'll have a podcast network and all of the relationships that we built and build it out from there. So yeah, you heard it first. You heard it first, ladies and gentlemen, this.
Speaker 2: Is breaking news alert. Look, look we got so we got a couple more breaking news letters that we're going We ain't ready to announce him. Yeah, but trust me, the label growing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's gonna be like Roeller. It's gonna be like Rock in the early label growing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, expeditionous.
Speaker 3: But how can they? How can they? Your crowdfund? You said your crowdfund is full, but talk about that as far as like, are you going to open up a new crowdfund? What's your plans as far as your development, like, let the people know how they can follow you, all the information that you you know you have to give to the people. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, so right now, I'm I'm actively looked at a few different projects that I may use for the next crowdfund. I have not figured it out yet, but as soon as I do, everybody will know and Euyo probably the first ones to know about it. Yeah, so just stay tuned for that. I can technically, you're going to do one a year if if you hit the max. So uh, actually in the November, I'll be able to start putting another one together. Yeah. So if you want to follow me, just understand investor on Instagram. I have a YouTube channel. Like I said, if you want to learn more about real estate investing specifically, you can go to learn from Chris dot Com I have actually have a free guide on five strategies where you can invest passively. So for the busy people that don't have time and don't want to be active wholesalers or flippers, I got five strategies that I can that I'm showing you how you can truly invest passively and still make money. Yeah. So, and that that also leads into a membership group where I'm probably one of the only instructors online that has courses that's actually talking about gentrification, talking about crowdfunding and all those things inside the platform as well. So, yeah, man, learn from Chris dot Com investor on Instagram. That's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: There you have it, But investor is underscore. I n V as t R. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the only vowel is the I.
Speaker 13: Are.
Speaker 5: You Just go to the earn your Leisure page and click click my Yeah.
Speaker 3: We put his Instagram in the description of this video as well. The fact you definitely should follow Chris on Instagram a lot a lot of gyms.
Speaker 2: Yeah legend. That's why I said. We don't throw around the word legend a lot, but this guy definitely is one man. So shout out to Houston to the third World, third Ward, fifth Ward. Shout to Beyonce, I you parking joint drove tomorrow too, so be on on Friday. Look on the lookout.
Speaker 3: Shout shout of Dallas, Texas too. I was out there for the first time, my first time in Dallas and that's a dope city too. Now we just got to go to Austin. We got going to Austin, Texas. But shout out to the whole state of Texas. Don't mess with Texas, man. Everything is is what is it?
Speaker 5: Everything Texas in Texas? There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know they're having a tough time right now with the sports teams. But so good, right, so good man. But now, Chris Brother, I appreciate you, love, I appreciate you. Yeah, So stay safe. Man, will be in contact, and everybody thank you for joining us. This video will be saved on YouTube, so you can go back and watch it if you if you missed a part of it, and tell everybody about Chris, and tell everybody about all of the great work that he's doing. And hopefully you got some information that you can actually use and replicate in your part of the world. That's what this is all about. Each one teach one. So all right you have let's go say what's see you next week?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 2: Shall yo? Go call somebody? Man, go call somebody. Reach out. One test can change a lifetime or change somebody's life. One call can change somebody's life. Make sure y'all do that. Go to your contact list now. Just reach out to let somebody know you thinking about them. All right, peace, We love y'all. We out Chris love.
Speaker 5: Bro All right, I got twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: He ain't playing, We ain't playing. Don't wait, don't hesitate, don't play it.
Speaker 9: So you just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs, more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need