Speaker 1: NFL Game dey View is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Welcome to Game Debut, presented by Mercedes Ben Patrick playboun here with dear friends Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland. If you watch it so last week and kept track of all the picture, we're like, hey, this wasn't necessarily a good week. But let me tell you, Cynthia, it was a great week.
Speaker 3: Do you know why.
Speaker 2: No, that's because let's check out the pickstandings. The crown is off of Greg's head and it goes on Cynthia as the leader at twenty seven and twenty one.
Speaker 3: Greg sniped you at the beginning of the show last week. I want to start with you, Cynthia, how do you feel?
Speaker 4: I would just like to thank everyone who made this possible, all the teams that won, not any of you teams that lost. But here's I'm going to say. We've been doing for six seasons. Now I want a real crown because for the seasons that we didn't have it, there was no little tiny digital crown.
Speaker 5: So, oh my gosh, this is preposterous thought preposterous since oh may the.
Speaker 6: Best I mean, the one thing Patrick, you know could have.
Speaker 4: This looks great.
Speaker 5: This is the first time anyone else has led since Week thirteen of twenty twenty two, and now the real crown comes out.
Speaker 6: For years, I.
Speaker 4: Was in little need and we didn't even have that little tiny digital one that the smacks on your little like stout, little fit need that little face did you.
Speaker 3: Make, Greg, Greg's already the crown has taken hold. He's already living in the past. Speaking of going back in Tom, let's go in Doc rounds to Laurion.
Speaker 2: Go back to twenty eighteen, the seventh pick in the draft, the Bills took a gunslinger out of Wyoming named Josh Allen. Later that same night, Ozzy knew him, and the Ravens traded back into the first round with the final pick of Night one to take a kid from Louisville named Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: The rest is history.
Speaker 2: Both of these gentlemen now very very good quarterbacks. As we fast forward to twenty twenty four, two of the best in the entire game, the two squaring off Sunday night in Baltimore, Buffalo is still undefeated.
Speaker 3: Will it remain that way?
Speaker 4: Cynthia just barely per my mouth twenty four to twenty three is my final projected score. But I want to point out something about that high flute and root and tootin Son of a Gun from ol Wyoming. That would be Josh Allen. That's their fight song in case you hadn't heard it. He's really great at throwing to the slot. He has a one point oh two EPA when targeting slot players twenty three twenty six four touchdowns two hundred and forty one yards. You know who's really good in the slot besides Kueiosha Kir who dont k kid. So that's why when you see these yak the ability to run after the catch, which is something that Baltimore has given up, especially to such catches, sixty two percent rate on those slot catches. That is going to be a problem for the rape.
Speaker 5: Yes, she's just got a little extra verve now with that crown on, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's hard, it looks really it's a really good looking crown. It works out, and I don't think this game works out for the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: I know I'm gold.
Speaker 3: Bills by two points.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you can say, well, Patrick, the last time you did this.
Speaker 3: The Ravens gotta win in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we're trying that again, but honest, honestly, I think it is a loss at home for Baltimore, Tyler bassfield goal being the difference because my concerns about that defense weren't exactly alleviated last week watching the Cowboys go up and down the field in the second half, and now it's time to deal with Josh Allen who he can still make plays like this. It's not all safety, Josh. He can make runs to the outside. At some point he's gonna throw a pump fake Ravens defender is gonna jump with nobody behind him, and Josh Allen is gonna have a crucial run for a first down. I've just seen it too many times. I am taking Buffalo to win this bar too.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is only the second time on Gating game debut history that Patrick has gone against his Ravens.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 5: I'm getting a just greg on the Ravens winning at home twenty seven to twenty six. So they've thread the needle and these are two great teams. I have the Bills winning the super Bowl, but not this week, and it's partly because of the Ravens defense. The Ravens are doing that thing again, and you say.
Speaker 6: Well, well, what is that thing?
Speaker 5: It's not just their running game, it's their defense getting better bit by bit as the season goes along.
Speaker 6: That's good coaching, that's good.
Speaker 5: Developed and that's players like Travis Jones improving each and every year.
Speaker 6: He's been outstanding this season.
Speaker 5: Nomde Madamweke also playing very well, Kyle van Ney, Michael Pierce. Every week. I just see this group coalesce. They understand what they're asked to do. In Zach Orr's defense, the Bills have not played a defense nearly this good this season. I think the Ravens need this game more and so, yeah, I'm thread of the needle. It's a close game, but the Ravens get the win at home.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go back into the numbers and do some maths. Cynthia will Lamar Jackson throw for over two hundred and three yards on Sunday night?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, buddy, yes he will. Why because we've seen a lot of problems with his O line. They're shuffling the deck. There three new offensive linemen this season. That's an issue. And you know how you overcome that issue. You throw quick passes. Quick passes, get guys open in space, take advantage of the fact that on that Bill's defense there are a bunch of missing pieces that no one has really made him pay for yet. So you're going to see a lot of spine of the defense targeting kind of that middle area with quick passes. So yes, it is only two three, So yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna find out a lot about both teams. The Bills undefeated. Now let's go to another undefeated team, the Seattle Seahawks. Seahawks with a tough matchup in Motown. The Seahawks and Lions had an epic game last season. Gino and golf exploded for seven hundred, almost seven hundred passing yards between the two. Game went to ot where Gino found Tyler Lockett for this six yard walk golf touchdown. Hawks won it thirty seven to thirty one, setting up a special game debut matchup. As we get the rematch, Greg's undying love for Eugene Cervill Smith against Cynthia's Lyons.
Speaker 3: What do you see happening? Greg?
Speaker 5: I gotta go with my man Gino in this one. I went back and forth. Actually all week. I had the Lions at first, but Gino Smith is the quarterback that I'm more afraid because he's so good targeting man coverage. What team loves to play man coverage on defense more than almost anyone else, It's the Detroit Lions. What wide receivers are ready to beat any man coverage you throw out him, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and Jackson Smith and Jigba. Gino Smith is throwing for over a seventy percent completion percentage into man coverage this season, and this is just a matchup he owns. People don't know of it as a rivalry, but Gino Smith owns Dan Campbell. He's won in two shootouts back to back seasons. Jared Goff, Dan Campbell. They just can't beat Geno Smith. They're not going to do it this week either.
Speaker 3: I agree Greg.
Speaker 2: I've got a twenty one to twenty road upset for Gino and the Seahawks. I've loved the score fests between these two teams, not just last year, in the past couple of years as well. I do think this one is a little bit different. Greg mentioned the matchup between coach and the player. I'm looking back last year. At this coach player matchup, it's coach McDonald's Baltimore Ravens defense against Jared Golf. The Lions were flumbings. The score was thirty eight to six. Are they the twenty twenty three Ravens. No, even the Ravens weren't once you got to the AFC Championship camp. But they do get Gino the ball with a chance, and I think that's all he needs.
Speaker 3: Seahawks wins Cynthia.
Speaker 4: Because I'm wearing a crown, I'm gonna say this with confidence. The Lions win. Oh my two points, twenty five to twenty three. Do I feel confident? I was a wee lad of just No, I was a weak girl of just twenty in twenty twelve, just a little tiny girl. The last time they went, not really at all. It was graduate college. But don't worry about that. But I'm looking at the run game, which is completely different. Am I worried that Frank Ragnell's not playing?
Speaker 6: Yes, you're darn my pick. It really did well.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of other people that are missing too. Marks Davenport, yeah, Derek Barnes All and I are Anyways, long story short, the run game has where all has been, where all of the success has taken place, and both of the running backs are still in Therefore, my math still has it working out in favor of the Lions. I will say six and oh for the Seahawks against them. If I weren't wearing the crown, I wouldn't be quite as confident about it. But I'm wearing a crown, so I'm confident.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The tweet from Woodyard, the.
Speaker 2: Guy everybody concerned, They're not. Nothing's happening to Frank Ragnow he did say that they put him down.
Speaker 3: They just meant that there's no Frank ragnow.
Speaker 6: This week.
Speaker 2: Like an old yeller Ray Hard Now it's gonna be all right, Get well soon. Frank jaed Goff could have benged last year's lost. But speaking of revenge, let's talk about the Buccaneers and the Eagles, another big rematch Sunday. These teams faced off in last year's NFC Wildcard rounds.
Speaker 3: Baker lit up.
Speaker 2: The Philly defense through per over three hundred yards three touchdowns Tampa Clavern Philly thirty two to nine to advance. Baker was wired for the playoff win and have a listener because It's now time for Active Mic presented by the Wells.
Speaker 3: Fargo Active Cash credit card.
Speaker 2: The Burds and the Bucks down in Tampa, foughts with everybody dealing with Hurricane Helen down there on the Gulf Coast, Philly coming off a huge win in New Orleans, do they keep it rolling this weekend?
Speaker 5: I think the Eagles get it done twenty four to twenty because of the running game, it's supposed to be the foundation.
Speaker 6: Of a Todd Bowles defense.
Speaker 5: Some of the greatest run defenses in NFL history have been coached by Todd Bowles. You can't run against the Todd Bowles deven Oh what if you can?
Speaker 6: You can't this year.
Speaker 5: Thirty first, then rushing defensive EFFICI and you got Saquon Barkley coming to temph.
Speaker 6: This is a different Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 5: People say like, oh see, look, look what he looks like behind a good offensive line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's part of it. But I'm gonna use my eyes too.
Speaker 5: I think he's just running better, and he's more explosive, and he's healthier than he's been for a few years. So Saquon Barkley versus a bad Bucks defense, you don't even have to worry about Jalen Hurts versus the blitz. That's the reason Kellen Moore got this job, as they couldn't handle the bitz. You don't even need to worry about it when you hand it off to Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 4: I love that, and I also agree. Philadelphia wins twenty four to twenty two, so a two point win for the Eagles in this matchup. I'm just looking at what Dallas Goddard did last week. I'm looking back to see how he was used in so many different ways. He really tricked the Saints defense quite a bit. That ready to see all the game boom. That's it when you're watching to see how they're kind of changing some of the script this season, making adjustments to AJ Brown being out, what happens with de Bunch, et cetera. They're really leaning on Dallas Goddard here. And you talk about that blitz situation, Yeah, well, they don't have a sack when they're flitzing. They're the only team in the league to say that. And when they don't blitz just two secs, so this is not a big pressure situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tampa Bay missing two of their best players.
Speaker 2: Still, I've got the Philadelphia Eagles twenty three to twenty all Birds. As we look at Vic Fangio's defense really stepping up in the Superdome last weekend against an offense that was playing to an historical extent just stopping the run. Jalen Carter had a spectacular game, and now Cody Mauch has given up fourteen pressures.
Speaker 3: He's going to be lined up primarily against Jalen Carter. Baker, good luck.
Speaker 2: I think the Philly defense is ready and the Birds get the win, and so Bucks fans, you have your meme opportunity meme away.
Speaker 3: Really, what a glorious sound.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Drive to Excellence presented by Mercedes Bins. The undefeated Kansas City Chiefs taking on the Chargers at SOFI Stadium. Patrick Mahomes one hundredth career start. Does Casey remain unbeaten after this one.
Speaker 4: Cynthia, Yes they do. Twenty six to seventeen is my final score. No, I'm never taking the crown off, but I am going to say that Travis Kelcey is going to have a rebound game. Here's why I do understand that thirty five yards a game is not what the rest of us or fantasy players, or probably even Taylor Swift was anticipating this time through the season. However, when you're looking at how good the Chargers have been at defending yards after the catch on routes that are run by Rashid Rice, they're going to devote extra attention to him, which what leaves Travis Kelce open. Do you know who basically owns the Chargers, trav Ravis Kelce. So that's why I think this is the week the touchdown happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, a lot of people will be happy to see that.
Speaker 2: I also have Kansas City in this game twenty three to fourteen, because honestly, the Chargers.
Speaker 3: Are very, very hurt. Derwin James is.
Speaker 2: Going to be out for this game as well as Joey Bosa leaving the game last week. Justin Herbert could be hobbling around, or it could be Taylor Heineke. I'm taking the Kansas City Chiefs because of that. I do want to sew some video of Patrick Mahone. I'm throwing crossers because sometimes we just see something over and over again and we gotta take it for granted. You just have to defend every bit of blade, every single blade of grass.
Speaker 3: When Patrick Mahomes is playing football.
Speaker 2: And sometimes there's just a guy dragging across and he's gonna make a god miss in the in the pocket, he's gonna throw the cross.
Speaker 3: They're gonna get thirty yards and none you can do about it.
Speaker 5: You know what, you know what else they take for granted, well's that that the Chiefs speeding the Chargers every time they play him. I mean, I've picked the Chargers so many times in this matchup. It never happens. They even in the best of times, it doesn't happen. It's not happening this week. They're not gonna score double digits. It's twenty to nine Chiefs in this game. Look, defenses are asking Patrick Mahomes, can you just please hand the ball off? And he says, okay, we've got Carson Steele. Who's Carson Steel? Like, didn't he run a four seven seven forty? Like, isn't that the name of like an adult entertainer. He's like, I don't care. I'm gonna get it done. I'm gonna get my four yards. I'm gonna get exactly what's blocked. You know, who's the number one running back in the NFL right now, Cynthia and Patrick in success right number one.
Speaker 3: It's not Carsons anyway.
Speaker 5: Carsons even though he has no big plays, but if you need four on first and ten, he'll get you four.
Speaker 6: That's all they need.
Speaker 3: Huh. I will just move on as we're speaking of the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So they played abroad last season the NFL going back to Europe next week. We got Sunday Morning Football Live from London at nine thirty am Eastern, exclusively on NFL Network. Aaron Rodgers and the Jets take on Justin Jefferson and the Vikings at Tottenham Hot Square Stadium in London. Rise, shine and watch Jets against the Vikings on NFL Network and streaming on NFL Plus. Subscription required for NFL Plus. Now, before the Vikings go across the Pond and we get the the Sam Donald revenge game, we're going to Lambeau to take on the Packers.
Speaker 3: Are the Vikings? What do you see happening? Grig?
Speaker 5: I think the Packers win this game because Brian Flores's defense right now has shown like you got to have a dude back there at quarterback to possibly beat him and the Packers do. His name is George and Love he's practicing this week. It sounds positive for him playing. And when you look at the matchup that they had with Brian Flores in this Vikings defense a year ago, a lot of drop back passing, a lot of deep shots. You want to send all those blitzers. We're gonna win our matchups and we're gonna hit you with some big plays. I think the Packers' offensive coaching staff can get ready for this matchup in a way that the other teams the Vikings have played could not. Look if it's Malik Willis, I think they have a chance because the Packers running game is so good this year number one in the NFL. That they can hit you with the pass, they can hit you with the run. But Jordan Love's return is really the key factor and why I'm taking them. I'm torn here because I kind of want NFL network to have an undefeated Vikings team going to London.
Speaker 6: But either way, that's a great game.
Speaker 2: I also agree that the Grand Bay Packers will win, but we see a completely different game because I don't think Jordan Love is going to play in this game. I think it's gonna be Malik Willison. Perhaps all the love talk that we've heard has been a bit of a smoke screen coming out of Wisconsin, but Gran's right the Packers Battleafloor has been calling incredible plays during this Malik Willis run, including the screen game, and I know Brian Floor is this propensity to bring the house send even though the Vikings were getting pressure with just four. There's gonna be some play in this game, which I think is a very low scoring game. I've got it seventeen to sixteen where the Vikings send the blitz and whether it's Jade Reid, whether it's Romeo Dobs, there's some sort of screen the rookie Wilson gets involved. Big play winds up being the difference of the game commissioner Goodell.
Speaker 4: I'm actually the only one that cares about working here because I do want the Minnesota Vikings, and my model did pick them, so clearly I am the most company of company people to my model picked.
Speaker 6: It is a prime other prime number.
Speaker 4: Twenty three to twenty two. Minnesota wins this one. I want you to take note of three specific things that happened last game, and that is the three sacks that the Minnesota Vikings had when only rushing for aka not blitzing three other five me out. You said that they need a stud back there at quarter. What do you think CJ. Stroud's not a stud. Come on now, man, I don't know what you're smoking, but ultimately you're still thinking about that last thing with your guy Chad Steel.
Speaker 6: Carson Steel.
Speaker 3: Chad Steel is.
Speaker 4: The anyways, long story short is Brian Flores showed that interesting balance thing where he kind of adapted to the situation by not blitzing. It was fifty to fifty. They had the most pressures of the week with twenty three. Thirteen came with the blitz, ten came without. Three of the five sacks came without the blitz. So they did that thing that like really is all about life, right, It's balancing what I do best versus what my opponent does worst and figuring out. So you're welcome, Commissioner Goodell. I yeah, you can send to me an extra you know. Bonus?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why not? One?
Speaker 2: Bonus is having the best at his position. Justin Jefferson on the Vikings. He's got three touchdowns in three games. Does he get four for four Cynthia, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's kind of as simple as that.
Speaker 5: Diya Alexander though, having kind of a comeback season, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Buddy a minute.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about how this team is super roller coastery. Right. They have the most interceptions with seven, but they also allowed the most yards after the catch overexpected boop boop boop. Which one wins? Justin Jefferson And that's all.
Speaker 3: We're gonna watch the games when we come back. Greg's favorite rivalry, Derek Caring.
Speaker 2: The Saints going to Atlanta to take on Fast Chains.
Speaker 3: And the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Who walks away victorious and whose fans are going to be itchy?
Speaker 3: On Twitter dot com we found out.
Speaker 6: Next how these fans eighty fires.
Speaker 3: We're back on Game Deview.
Speaker 2: Election days coming up, but we all need to be ready to show up big for our country. Make sure you know your state's voter registration deadline and requirements. For more resources and information, visit NFL dot com. Slash boats the Saints and the Falcons in Atlanta this week, Cousins and the Dirty Birds nearly upset the Chiefs. There was a fourth down stop by KC. Last week, the Saints fell to the Eagles, who turns it around Sunday Cynthia.
Speaker 4: The Saints turn it around. I have a final score of twenty three to twenty two, so just a one point victory. I want to point out something that the Eagles defense showed us, and that is how to stop the run of the Saints. I know, I just said the Saints are gonna don't worry, it'll all come back full circle out.
Speaker 6: Okay, don't worried, Greg, But.
Speaker 4: Ultimately here, the outside zone run was an area that they were just crushing in the first two weeks of the season almost six yards per rush and that went down to like three. So what do they do? They really just figured out a way to nullify it. And which what did that lead to? That led to Derek carving under the most pressure he's been under it this season, most pressure in a while like his career, and then that was a problem. The problem for the Falcons in this matchup is they don't have the personnel to execute that same sort of strategy. So even though the Eagles gave us the formula, executing it is again not as easy as it is to talk about executing it. So I mean, we could do it here on this stage obviously, you know, if we played football but whatever.
Speaker 5: It's that crown. That crown is like never coming off. Just a lot of differ it's hurt bolted on. I love that we agree in this game for the same reason.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 5: I don't think Atlanta's got the personnel. I think the Saints get it done twenty seven to twenty three. When you watch thet in week three, just something was missing? What was missing? Yeah, they're center Eric McCoy, he's not coming back. But Taysom Hill is. It's a fullback game debut this week. We got Carson s know, we got Taysom Hill.
Speaker 6: I really mean it. Taysom Hill.
Speaker 5: First of all, he's the second best running back on this team. He's a really talented runner. He'll get the ball in short yardage and break some tackles. But more importantly, as a fullback. Clint Kubiak really uses him, not just as a sixth offensive lineman, but to manipulate the defense.
Speaker 6: Who got spot shadows?
Speaker 5: We got him blocking and what they do before the stap after the stap.
Speaker 6: He is so crucial.
Speaker 5: He is returning for this game, and I don't think the Falcons have the linebackers to stop this running attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unanimous.
Speaker 2: I've got the New Orleans Saints as well, one point win twenty two to twenty one. Like Cynthia does, it is based on the Saints defense, uh making some plays as well. Because I'm looking over at Tyer Matthew for the past few weeks, back to back games with an interception, the Honey Badger taking what he wants again.
Speaker 3: He's getting hits out on the edge.
Speaker 2: And Greg called it earlier in the years, like, I feel like this is going to be a Tyron Matthew type season where we look up and he's back in.
Speaker 6: The Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Did you have like another defensive back on that team having three and a half sacks this point in the season, Because that, my friend, would be crazy.
Speaker 5: No, I want to have a Monte Taylor going that crazy. But shout out to Honey Badger. He followed me on Twitter this week, welcome aboard. It's going to be a great ride for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just wait, Tyron.
Speaker 6: Greg.
Speaker 2: Greg will open up a little bit as the season goes on. Right now, he's very the crown.
Speaker 4: Yeah post my crown, so he sees it.
Speaker 3: It's a tough spot.
Speaker 2: Let's do some math, Cynthia will Kirk Cousins passed for over two hundred and thirteen yards in this game against Greg's newest Twitter follow up, I.
Speaker 4: Hope he sees my crow. I have him passing for nearly two hundred and forty yards. So it is a very strong yes for me. Why because he's going to have to I have this game falling in a game script where the Saints have nice control with their run game, which means the Falcons are going to have to take the shots downfield, which means there's a guy in Drakelen who's getting the zone. But other than that, they're going to be at least two hundred and thirteen yards easy psy.
Speaker 2: All right, so we got a couple overs in the quarterbacks throwing for what seems like a very love number.
Speaker 3: This week's son for quick picks. As we get to the Browns and the Raiders.
Speaker 2: In Vegas, we're assuming somebody will score in this football game, both teams coming off of losses.
Speaker 3: Who gets to win here? Great?
Speaker 5: This was a tough game to pick. I took the Browns winning sixteen to thirteen. It's just a depressing game. Miles Garrett's not one hundred percent. Max Crosby's not one hundred percent. But Miles Garrett at less than one hundred percent is better than your guy at one hundred percent. He was carrying Andrew Thomas, the great tackle of the Giants last week, and pressuring the heck out of the opposing quarterback Daniel Jones despite not being one hundred percent. He's a warrior, and I think he's got more help around him in terms of his defense. So Browns, you gotta bench Deshaun Watson. It's past time. But I think you get the win because of your defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something is the only person has a team score more than twenty points in that.
Speaker 4: Game, the barnburner of mine, the Patriots and the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Any chance, Cynthia, the Kyle Shanahan's team loses three straight.
Speaker 4: There's always a chance, but this is not a strong chance in my model. In fact, this is number one in terms of confidence. San Francisco wins twenty six to fifteen. Can we just talk about Dwan Jennings. Yeah, well, he just was absolutely incredible. Yet again, this guy has a ram target on his back. It doesn't matter rams games he comes to play. It's where all of his touchdowns are. I really have you know, The crux of this is the fact that unfortunately, you know, the forty nine ers are very good at stopping the run Fred Warner, et cetera. But ultimately, here, San Francisco, let me get.
Speaker 6: This cat right here.
Speaker 4: Let's bob me that. Yeah, Jwan Jennings, he'll he'll do his fantasy damage early in the game and then they can run for the end of the game.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go to the Jags and the Texans in Houston. Houston humbled last week against the Minnesota Vikings, but I think they bounce back here finals score twenty two to nineteen, only three points different. It was really just a bad matchup as well as a game plan for the Jags defense. On Monday night, they just ran into a buzzsaw in Buffalo. I don't think they're that bad. And now they get back in a situation where there's that divisional familiarity, so I think that lowers the total as well.
Speaker 3: But I do think CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud of the Texans bounce back to win it, as we all do.
Speaker 3: Meet this away Jacks fans, if you.
Speaker 5: Mean, well, what if the Jaguars are that bad, because they really haven't played a complete game against anyone yet this year. There haven't There hasn't been a game this year where you watch the Jaguars and you said, yeah, that's a good team. So I think the Texans in a game they really need to win, get their mojo backed offensively.
Speaker 6: I think they can roll big.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you're a Jags fan, you can say, sure, the Texans have beating us, you know, out of the last twelve games ten times, but the two were both in Houston.
Speaker 6: Okay, So there we go.
Speaker 3: There it is, history is on your side.
Speaker 4: Kind of non predictive, but you know, fun to say.
Speaker 3: Parenthetically.
Speaker 2: The Commanders and the Cardinals first touchdown score odds, James Connor Lean the way, Brian Robinson Junior, despite all the action for Terry on Monday Night, I know, not featured here, still happy for him. Finally got a quarterback in our nations capital. Let's dive into this game Jayden versus Kyler Daniel's putting the league on notice Monday night in Cincinnati. But I like the Cardinals in this one. Twenty eight to twenty six into what for me is actually the Kyler Murray revenge game against Cliff Kingsbury. As the offense rounds into shape. It's kind of been sporadic. He hit all of his deep shots against the Rams, didn't throw a lot of deep shots against the Buffalo Bills, threw a few too many against the Lions. I am not sure if there is such a thing as too many deep shots against this Washington Commander secondary. Jayden and company might have to score every time again, Cynthia.
Speaker 4: I mean, it seems like that would be the only recipe. I don't have that happening, though. I only have a two point win for Arizona twenty five to twenty three. You talk about the Cliff Kingsbury revenge. What Cliff Kingsbury does exceptionally well is figure out how to overcome not so great O lines, right, and that is what we've seen with Jayden Daniels. Look at him, he's just cooking up some new players, right, Let's find the right play here for my guy, Jad and Daniels a crazy dual threat. The deep ball is something we're like, is this going to be something that happens all the time. I mean, look at him on a space that they're coming up with on the runs. Look at him on a space and do you think that Cliff Kingsbury had anything to do with that dance, probably unconfirmed there, But ultimately I'm watching what Jaden Daniels is doing and they don't turn the ball over and that is really really key. So keeping that up against this defense will be good, which is why I predict a closer game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I am with you on everything you said about Jade and Daniels. I love both quarterbacks in this game. I do not love the defenses in this game, especially the Commander's defense. Like, you can name a stat about this Commander's defense and it's bad. Actually, pick one, pick a defensive stack.
Speaker 3: Magic yars per too.
Speaker 5: They're bad at it, Cynthia, pick a defensive stat anything.
Speaker 4: How about touchdowns allowed in the past game.
Speaker 5: They're bad at its, bad at it pressure, bad at it. They are the worst defense in the league by almost any metric, and they still have a winning record because they're playing.
Speaker 6: So well offensively.
Speaker 5: So yes, I'm showing you all the times opposing offense has burned them because I think Kyler Murray and this Cardinals offense is ready to put a forty burger.
Speaker 6: On him forty one to thirty seven.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of stops in this game either, but the Cardinals get more points.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that, So I have a touchdown for Marvin Harrison Junior. Duh, what about Michael Wilson. Don't forget about him for a fantas like him. The man had nine targets last game. He caught eight of them. You know how eleven targets Marvin Harrison Junior, that's number two. And if there's any injury to the tight end, Michael Wilson, He's a really great fantasy player. You could seize the day with him and wear your own crowns.
Speaker 5: I mostly think of him as Sophia Smith's significant others.
Speaker 6: Soccer great, absolutely and fun.
Speaker 2: Just so many opportunities to watch our great offensive players. Maybe not the best defensive circumstance that we like points. That was season the season for some by Caesars Sportsbook Here on game day, do you, folks download the Caesars Sportsbook app, an official sponsor of the NFL. New users place your first bet up to one thousand dollars. If you lose, you'll get it back as a bonus bet. Use promo cod TV one thousand must be twenty one or older. See Caesars Dot com backslash promos.
Speaker 3: In order to get the full terms, let's.
Speaker 2: Look over at the Steelers and the Colts. Notable player props going into this one. Anthony Richardson looking at one hundred and eighty one and a half passing yards.
Speaker 3: Right around that same number for Justin.
Speaker 2: Fields Jonathan Taylor at seventy three, Michael Pittman Junior at four and a half.
Speaker 3: He's really been scratching to get to that.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at these sassing yards. This is like Terry Bradshaw against Johnny United. Is not a matchup that could actually happen, but it does represent the teams involved.
Speaker 6: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely fit with this matchup not necessarily cross era of football matchoups is Fields versus Richardson this time around it should be fun. The Steelers undefeated? Will they remain undefare after this week?
Speaker 4: My math says yes, I have twenty one to twenty in this matchup. Can we give a little love to Justin Fields please? There's a really great next Sheen stat. It's called completion percentage over expected, so the overexpected part. Just say, what would an average in this down distant situation? Score time all of those things be and how much better are you doing? Plus eight point eight? Baby, that's up from last season. He was sixty ranked sixteenths in this metric. Now he's up in the top five. Let's give him a little bit of love, especially because it's not like this Steelers O line is like really really great like the Colts. It's like twenty twenty one in terms of ranking, not a great one. So what he's doing is even better when you add in that context.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Justin Fields is playing really good football and he's getting better every single week, which is huge for me. I'm the Steelers scoring twenty six points in a win and if you feel like that's a lot of points for a team that hadn't scored a lot of touchdowns. Have you seen the twenty twenty four Indianapolis Colts run defense.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: I've watched it every single week, and this is the type of things that we have seen. Joe mix it in week one, one hundred and fifty eight yards on the ground, and then they go up against a Packers statan that's running.
Speaker 3: The ball very well as well. Now we got Arthur Smith.
Speaker 2: Arthur Smith is really looking forward to this opportunity to run the football game. I think Najie Harris is gonna have a solid game. I think this could be a good cor Daryl game too as well.
Speaker 6: Greg, I'm not so sure about that. Patrick.
Speaker 5: I think the Colts are going to win this game. I'm gonna just screg it up. The reason why I got back to back titles is I trusted my gut, and even if the logic is saying Steelers, the gut is saying this Colts running game is ready to go off. Yes, Anthony Richardson is scattershot these days. You don't need to worry about the past when you're playing nineteen seventies football. Like I talked about what won the games back.
Speaker 6: Then, it was running the ball. This should be the best running attack in the league. Let's just lean.
Speaker 5: Fully in on everything Anthony Richardson can do running the ball, and then all the options that he has handing it off to Jonathan Taylor. Jonathan Taylor's got that jute back. This offensive line is running very well, I mean run blocking very well, and I do think I know the Steelers defense has been good against the run so far, but I do think that is the way you're going to beat them is not by dropping back to pass.
Speaker 4: Wait you say they've been good against the run, now they'd been great? What happened with JK Dobbins? Ask we just question?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: I love JK. Dobbins NFL Daily Guest. He's no Jonathan Taylor. Look at Jonathan Taylor here in the moves that he's making maybe the best.
Speaker 6: Running back just pure running back in the league. He's right there at the top with him.
Speaker 4: I love Jonathan Taylor too, and I think this is a very good O line. But give the Steelers their come up and they are undefeated because of their defense, I mean.
Speaker 6: What are they going to do? Go seventeen and no?
Speaker 5: I just feel like this is a spot the Cults are like a two and two type of team.
Speaker 6: They're gonna get their win.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we've got a chance to look at just how consistent just been.
Speaker 5: Just Okay, I'm glad you're showing this graphic because if even if I'm not winning all the just screggs, at least I'm going for I'm having some guts this year.
Speaker 6: Join me, you know me? Cynthia and Patrick like, go out of the limb.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Sincey's got multiple proble numbers this the more that graphic will be up there, we'll get a chance to look at it next week.
Speaker 3: Still to come. No Pooka, no Cup, no problem.
Speaker 2: The Stafford and the Rams may have saved their season last week with the improbable win against the forty nine ers. Will they keep things rolling Sunday in Chicago? Our picks for Rams Bears coming up next on game day?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, indeed, coach McVay.
Speaker 2: The Rams coming off that huge win against the forty nine ers, Now they didn't playing go to Chicago to take on Caleb and the Bears.
Speaker 3: How do you see it going good?
Speaker 5: I had to take the Rams. I struggled with this pickny. I just didn't know who to pick. But ultimately, when I really struggle, I go to quarterbacks. I go to organizations. I go to coaching staffs. What is this Bears coaching staff won nothing? What is Caleb Williams won at the pro level?
Speaker 6: Nothing? He's a rookie. What has Matthew Stafford won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: I saw him play last week like I saw him play at the end of last season, which was like a top five quarterback in the league. Sometimes you just need the quarterback and the play caller. They're getting open like it wasn't just that DeMarcus Robinson and two two at Well and Jordan winning ten are making like crazy plays.
Speaker 6: They're getting open.
Speaker 5: And I know this is a tougher matchup, but again, two teams that I really don't know what to make of early in the season. I'm gonna go with the top five quarterback.
Speaker 2: And I'm so glad that Matthew Stafford and the Rams won that Super Bowl across the street because it allows people to appreciate what he can do on the football field and not like make binary decisions about whether a players good based on one game in February.
Speaker 3: But I do like the Rams in this game. I'm gonna get off my soapbox because the Bears can't protect Kayleb Williams. They just can't. They can't run the ball either.
Speaker 2: It's like they if they try, it seems like they're doing it against their will. But Jared Vers, the rookie, has been spectacular. Collapsing pockets left them right. Played very well against San Francisco last week. Six pressures, two knockdowns, and a sack. Thus far this season, those numbers go up this week, I think in a Rams wins see.
Speaker 6: I see where this is going here.
Speaker 5: This is how we're getting into trouble and that she's getting her crown on her head. Patrick and I give Cynthia like a home favorite, decent sized home favor.
Speaker 6: The Jets were a prime number. Just go go with it.
Speaker 4: Three nineteen Chicago Bears. Of course you don't like it, because why would you like anything that keeps me in this lovely crown in the rookie Kyle Williams who dealt last week, not only did he get his first passing touchdown, he also got his second one. Now I don't necessarily think this Olne is great. I'm with you. I'm really happy to see Jared Versus and Braden Fisk. That was awesome for the Rams. But this is not the matchup between Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan's. They have something against each other where they just like they go into their lab, they make the prime number noise, and then they like this, I'm gonna come up with some crazy stuff to come after you. This is something where the Bears defense will give them a little bit of an edge. The O line for the Rams has been super banged up and as good as Matthew Stafford is, as good as Karen Williams is, it's just not enough, especially when you're starting to see kayleab Williams get his footing in the league. At the he saw Cole Kmett just score touch up. Yeah, book that for this.
Speaker 6: Week as well too.
Speaker 4: They're getting yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like all very logical, But what happened to romance, Cynthia?
Speaker 4: You know, I got a face swearing. I love a good swear and I love when coaches swear at the part whoosh, I almost swear, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, swearing is plus three. Let's get to quick picks here.
Speaker 2: On game debut, it's the Andy Me because Andy Dalton has a few revenge game opportunities.
Speaker 3: The main one, the Indy Dalton.
Speaker 2: Revenge Store starts against the winless Bengals.
Speaker 3: Does he do it two weeks in a row?
Speaker 5: Grin, he doesn't. He does it well, but he doesn't win. So I like offense in this game. I like the Bengals thirty to twenty four. So the Bengals they cover the number you go over the over under. It's a lot of points because Andy Dalton can get it done. I wanted to show you some Andy Dalton Bengals highlights to AJ Greens. AJ Greens, I believe could be going into the Hall of Fame one day because he caught so many nice passes from Andy Dalton. I know they're happy with Joe Burrow, but Andy Dalton is better than a lot of franchises have had at quarterback. He is the all time franchise leader in touchdowns. To just give some Andy Dalton respect. Played fantastic last week. This is gonna be a fun game.
Speaker 4: Maybe if you at a Crown, they would have found some Hawk video for you because Andrew Hawkins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got a lot of nice passes from Andy on two exactly.
Speaker 4: But if maybe, if you had the crowd, maybe you would have made it because we love Hawk on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Crown clout gets you better video.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Hank Monday Night Titans and Dolphins Cynthia.
Speaker 3: Both teams need a win. Which one is going to get one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tennessee I have a one point win in this matchup. Tennessee has a profile that's like a big league slugger. Either they're hitting a home run or they are striking out and this week. It kind of profiles to be more of that home run. But I do want to point out on the other side of this matchup, even though there's so many injuries, we love us some Devon h Chan in this room. You're still gonna want to play him for fantasy. I understand there's questions about who's starting at quarterback, what's going on there, but you know who you don't need to worry about running back. A Chan will get you the points you need before contact, after contact, in the pass catching game. He is there. Do it all, guys, So much love to him. This is something to watch out.
Speaker 6: Not much left to the Dolphins, though.
Speaker 5: It is flat out disrespect when you get memed alert against a winless team.
Speaker 6: Come after us Dolphins fans.
Speaker 2: Let's go thatthing nice about They're just they're having a tough time. I hope that you do meme away, guys, So go to the Broncos and the Jets. Then Nathaniel Hackett revenge game. I will take the Jets here twenty three to nineteen because Aaron Rodgers said, keep my name, my coach's name out of your mouth, and they're gonna come out and they're gonna try it really hard. No, that's not the reasoning. My reasoning is just how fast Aaron Rodgers is getting the ball out.
Speaker 3: He was getting rid of the ball.
Speaker 2: Super fast against the Patriots. In terms of the season, he's top three two point five one seconds. Actually, Jade Daniels is really good in that stat as well. I was surprising for the rookie, but Aaron Rodgers delivering the ball this season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think last week bo Nicks was a little bit of fool's goal.
Speaker 6: The Jets can get more pressure.
Speaker 5: So Cynthia and I see this game a little differently than Patrick. We have the Jets going over the number, a comfortable win.
Speaker 6: I think this Jets team has a lot to do.
Speaker 4: I love good emotional win when it comes to like keep my coach's name out of your mouth, like what I love that. Don't get me wrong, keep it coming. I want to hear it. Bulletin board material or whatever they call it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get spicy, solid icy after the game, feeling great.
Speaker 3: Because it means more in New York City.
Speaker 2: Let's get some bold predictions for week four and write this group down.
Speaker 3: What are the people scribbling?
Speaker 6: Okay, you want to go really bold.
Speaker 5: I'm going Commanders Cardinals over seventy points. Okay, now you only need to go over fifty for it actually to get over the total. But my total is over seventy forty one to thirty seven. It's gonna be like Kurt Warner and Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs. Everyone's talking about, Oh, it's boring, you know, the way it's all run game in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Points are down. We got the solution for you.
Speaker 5: Two defenses which aren't very good, two quarterbacks which are are electric and can run the ball.
Speaker 6: Not a lot of stops in this game. I feel great about.
Speaker 5: This one, Commanders and the Cardinals going over and giving us a good show on Sunday, tune in in the late afternoon window.
Speaker 4: I promised that until it happened, I'm gonna go with the brock Powers touchdown. So I'm going with that again. However, I'm adding to it a Breese Hall touchdown. You don't think that that entire Green Bay staff is looking at Nathaniel Hackett saying, hey, like, just so you know, Breese Hall's been and anzone in the past six games, and that's from last season two. Let's just keep that going, maybe multiple times here. But both of those things are two things that you got to write that down, especially the brock Powers one because I've been so right about that one until now.
Speaker 2: All Right, so there is two touchdowns guaranteed, well not guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Gods they will Okay, we'll see coming up.
Speaker 2: I have a prediction that might feel bold because it hasn't happened thus far this season. I think Najia Harris gets into the end zone against the Indianapolis and that up to this point porous run.
Speaker 3: Defense in a Steelers offense that's getting.
Speaker 2: Better as I see it week after week after week.
Speaker 3: And we'll see if Gred gets that. Just Gred picking the Indianapolis, I.
Speaker 5: Am going to I'm just surprised you didn't take a shot at Dalen Warren there.
Speaker 2: I'm proud not taking a shot at anybody taking a shot in you.
Speaker 3: Guys to come back next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching Game Deviu, presented by Mercedes Bid.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.