Speaker 1: The guy woke up in another reality. I didn't listen to one.
Speaker 2: It's it's really cool. He's shut it out, but like he goes to he's like do it. Working this summer job for his dad, like clearing brush. He's like off in the woods and like doing these like they take these three wheelers out there. Him and this other kid that he's working with. It's like sixteen or something, and they're like, guys, a storm is coming. They start like racing back, like the storm catches them. Like they're flying like speeding as fasts they can, and then they hit this log and he like remembers seeing like the ground flying below him like he at super fast speed, and then like looks up and sees his head is headed for this like stump that is going to like demolish him. And then the next thing he knows, he's waking up in those woods on a sunny day and doesn't know how he got there, and everyone, the guy he was with is just coming out of the woods being like, yeah, man, I just took a piss break and you said you were gonna like wait there and just comes back and.
Speaker 1: Is but everything else was unchanged.
Speaker 2: Everything there was no storm, but it was like a different day. It was earlier in the day.
Speaker 1: So did the theirgun hard reset.
Speaker 2: Basically, he did the fair gun hard reset exactly. Wow, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three forty two, Episode three of Dan's Ice production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, June twelfth, twenty twenty four. It is okay after all?
Speaker 1: Oh that it is June twelfth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say you're gonna twenty the days, dude, it's six twelve twenty four. Oh six, yeah, double six, double six, double twelve, twenty twelve, twenty four.
Speaker 2: We're really into numerology these days.
Speaker 1: Fucking knew it, dude, I knew it.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's also get that finger ready, get it, get that.
Speaker 1: I'm getting it ready for today.
Speaker 3: But dude, it's National Peanut butter Cookie Day, National Jerky Day.
Speaker 1: Look shout out.
Speaker 3: Interracial marriages because also National Loving Day of the day we celebrate the Supreme Court decision of Loving versus Virginia. When I first thought it was Loving Day, I was like this, I hope this has to do with bad rather than just being like, and it's a hallmark greeting card day and also National Red Rose Day.
Speaker 1: But anyway, shout out peanut.
Speaker 2: But it is like it is the Supreme Court decision.
Speaker 1: That's not just a no, it is it is.
Speaker 3: It is Hell is the anniversary of the nineteen sixty seven Supreme Court decision that said, hey, man, just if you like them, just do it, man, just get with them. You know, these anti anti iagination laws are fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, Well, my name is Jack O'Brien AKA.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I washed my piggies. Sorry, y'all lied, I washed piggies one, two, three, four and five. That one's courtesy of Salvador Jolly Little Step into a World by.
Speaker 2: KRS one AKA. I do wish there was like more brag wraps about just how good you are at washing your feet, how thorough, how thorough you are. But yeah, that's in reference to the conversation we had both both certified foot washers on this podcast. I guess we're a little weird in that one.
Speaker 3: Wash the feet man, and it was dead skin accumulations on your fucking come on, yeah, wash.
Speaker 2: The ships or put them in that little pool with the with the fishies that heat, the dead skin.
Speaker 1: That dead given me. I don't have I don't have that kind of money. Yeah, I just keep one of those on deck.
Speaker 2: It's just fish and then when I'm done, I just throw them out. Most wasteful thing. Uh. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Grandma freak.
Speaker 5: There was this Mile was Gray couldn't understand what Food and Wine was trying to say. When he finally realized it was probably just some AI ship, still couldn't quite explain it.
Speaker 2: A stupid em.
Speaker 1: Z s explointed weeks exploin anyway.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Yo Yo Snap on the discord in my ongoing obsession with the Food and Wine article that said, that's talking about fucking holloway.
Speaker 2: We gotta get we gotta get our guests opinion on this one.
Speaker 6: You know, do you know what do you guys do an original intro like that for every episode every day?
Speaker 2: Exactly? How do you do that?
Speaker 6: We have great listeners, who are they submitting this crowd source resource risks? It's kind of ord. I would run run out in like a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six point five years ago and the listeners have been subscriber providing them ever since.
Speaker 6: Thank god, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But let me before we introduce them, let me just ask this.
Speaker 3: So, this is a Food and Wine magazine article that I believe might be written by ar Ai Or is the most hard to understand article. It's about Eminem's pumpkin pie chocolate candies coming out earlier than the Halloween season, and they say it's because young people celebrate the holiday earlier. Again, I just need your help on this, miss Miles. I'm just I'm excited to talk to this guy. I know, I know, but I have to put some shit has to get addressed real quick. So just help me understand. What is the point of this paragraph here, Jack, The pre seasonal launch of the milk chocolate pumpkin pie Eminem's is a strategic move that taps into mars market research. This research indicates that gen Z and Millennials plan to celebrate Halloween by dressing up and planning for the holiday about six point eight weeks beforehand. Well, well six point eight weeks from Memorial Day is the fourth of July, so you still have plenty of time to latch onto a pop culture trend and turn it into a creative costume. Look at his face exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: That's not even a thought. Yeah, it doesn't AI or how old is it? It's definitely AI. It just came out, so, oh it's AI. They're already using it, right, Yeah, they're already using it. Yeah, it's been hot. I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to name you. Melissa Kravitz Hoffner.
Speaker 1: I see you.
Speaker 6: Person's not even real. I guarantee they're not even real.
Speaker 3: Oh you have an I I've been I've been instagram messaging them constantly being like, answer me, clarify.
Speaker 6: This, Marissa Kravitz Hoffner. Yeah, oh that's an insane.
Speaker 1: You're like they died forty eight years ago.
Speaker 2: It's it's so convoluted because like the AI shit will just kind of melt down in a way that makes I don't know, it has like a very particular form where this feels like they're trying to put ideas together and they're just falling asleep.
Speaker 3: Maybe might hit the creative button when they had that article get generated or something, right, I mean, so I just took liberties anyway. Anyway, I'm glad I was validated by his response.
Speaker 2: There, Yes, all right, well we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by that voice you're hearing the director, journalist, host behind the really great podcast, my favorite new podcast I was this morning when I just started binging it. I can't stop listening to Other World. Please welcome Jack Wag. Thank you guys, thanks, thanks for coming on. I don't have a song to sing along with my name, but you know the rarely do fix it and post. Okay, well, just AI generate one for for right.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for having me, Thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: On the show. The show's right. You've been doing it for how long?
Speaker 6: I think a year and a half. Yeah, probably about about that at this point. I started it Halloween twenty twenty two, so like the end of twenty twenty two, and I thought it was going to be just a few episodes, and I have not stopped chained to it.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did you think it?
Speaker 3: Because I mean, maybe explain to people with the show that if they don't know, But I'm curious how you thought it would only be a limited run.
Speaker 6: So the story, I mean, it's a show I interview people who experienced something paranormal and I was kind of doing this for fun before this on my old show and that show was coming to an end, and I was sort of like, you know what, maybe this would be like a mini series that I could like sell to a network like iHeartRadio or something, you know. Yeah, And I'm like, because I, you know, I was going to go and like kind of not have a job again. So I was like, hey, maybe this would be like a I can make a few of these. Yeah, And I shopped it around and nobody was interested, so I was kind of discouraged, but I'm like, you, I'll just like do it anyway, and like, I'll put out a few episodes for Halloween as like a little series. Maybe next Halloween somebody will pay me to do it. But it kind of took off and I just kept going and it worked. So I just haven't stopped and been doing them pretty much every week, which has been completely bonkers. Yeah, and it's gotten crazier ever since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my life now. So the show is you interview people who have experienced something paranormal or you know, inexplicable, you know, by the rules of every day we are supernatural, yes, right, yeah, and you just get the story like I've heard it called like paranormal. This American life, but it's just hearing it in the voice of these people who are not generally the sorts of people that we associate with, you know. They're like, you're not going to a paranorm normal conference to like find, you know, find these people. They just sound like very normal people. In many cases, they're like, I've never told anyone this because I realize how crazy it sounds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like not their life, and it's also not my life, which I think is Yeah, well, I think that's helpful. I mean I used to say it's not my life. I mean it's making the show is my life now, but I don't have an agenda. I think that's what And that's like I think that's what like separates Other World with other shows, is like I personally don't have anything to prove as a host necessarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're not going like exactly right, yeah.
Speaker 6: And I try to avoid having anyone on that has something to prove themselves, right yeah, yeah, or at least I don't know. It's like I'm just not as interested in that because I think I'm more suspicious of those types of stories, and I think most people are as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you yeah, you. You do a good job of embodying like a very kind of sober, you know, normal like day to day, like this is how I would approach this story, and you tend to bring stories that are it's like, wait, this truly like feels like I'm hearing the truth from this person. And yeah, and yet it can't be can't be no, no, But yeah, it's a it's a great show. Everybody should go check it out. We were planning on doing a normal episode and then I ended up writing like forty questions for you, so we'll probably end up talking please a little bit, go do whatever you need to do. Yeah, yeah, before we get to it, we do like to get to know you a little bit better by asking you, what is something Jack Wagner from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this is the one I was not quite prepared for. But my search history in general is like insane because of this show. So like I'm just costantly I'm content. I mean, i could look at my search it might be boring today, but I'm constantly looking up stuff where I'm like, oh, I'm for sure gonna end up on some watch list, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like a lot of podcast hosts who have deep dive shows have some version like there's no way I'm not on a watch list based on the shit I look up just for my show.
Speaker 6: But a funny one the other day that like in the middle of the interview, something came up where like we were talking about you know those pictures on like Hallmark cards where it'll be like a black and white photo of two little kids, usually dressed as adults, like wearing like nineteen forty suits, and it'll be like a little boy holding a flower up to the girl or like kissing.
Speaker 2: Around the cheek. Yeah, Like I don't know whatever those are called.
Speaker 6: I was trying to figure out the name of the photographer, and I was having a lot of trouble. I think it's Kim Anderson, by the way, But like during the interview, which was like video recorded too, I kept doing this search, and all of the searches I was doing were for sure going to end up like getting me on one of the watch lists, because I was typing in like cute romantic children like.
Speaker 2: The photos.
Speaker 1: Black and white.
Speaker 2: On a date like this guy's a freak.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's definitely like a page of ship like that and kids doing adult stuff.
Speaker 2: A second, it sounds like a guy.
Speaker 6: It sounds like like somebody on their first day of being a pedophile. Yeah, they don't know what to search yet. They like like how kids used to when you were a kid, and you would search like naked women boob Yeah, yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be greedy, you know, I don't want to come off like a weirdo just boob. I like that.
Speaker 2: The kid in that scenario is also like an old prospector.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, I'm looking for That's a pretty good one.
Speaker 3: You didn't even realize that there was like a sort of like a Getty's kind of Yeah, I didn't like.
Speaker 2: An tourist theory.
Speaker 6: Name drop on the other photography babies great name drop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the one who did the Wye Winers? You know?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about that It's like it was, oh, William Wegman. If you look up, there was like in the guy would dress up wyriiners and like human clothing and they were like the dogs. I was like, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I did not know what word you're I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the dog.
Speaker 6: I wonder if all of them I hate these photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, they're just like I'm sorry, well, dud, they're fucking they're just they're yeah, they're angering.
Speaker 6: I hope you googled that and that wasn't like a poll off the Dome. I would be so impressed.
Speaker 1: But I knew, I just knew.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 3: I knew his name, but I always know it's the wine Reiner photographer guy.
Speaker 6: Because it's I'm impressed that you know the breed winem Reiner.
Speaker 3: It's because you know what, my dad's also a photographer, and he would always talk cash shit about these pictures.
Speaker 1: He's like, what the fuck is He's like, you're dressing up dogs?
Speaker 6: Either way, I wonder if these three link up right, right, William was like an event of like or they just fucking hate each other, right, I'm thinking I hate each other.
Speaker 2: That would be a great like like.
Speaker 6: And Gaddy's is so pissed because like he got the big Hallmark deal in ninety four, right, and like, like you believe they're making fucking porcelain figurines out of his dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wine Renders seemed to be taken somewhat seriously.
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 2: Am I like more seriously than the kids you know on the yeah you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like it was like a thing like serious.
Speaker 3: People were like, oh, like I have the William Wegman book, Sure of a Fucking Dog wearing a robe?
Speaker 2: Okay, and they all like look down on Lisa Frank because she's like.
Speaker 6: I have, Lisa's a artist, Lisa's a goat and omar William Wegman. See this is like, I think this is emblematic of the nineties in a way that gets lost, like this is what shit was actually like in the late nineties and early two thousand, Is that when this was going down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like I mean it was big, definitely, like he was working through like from the seventies on. But I feel like I'm reading Yeah.
Speaker 2: For more than forty years, artist William Wegman has been making portraits and videos of his own beloved Wimariner dogs, which have appeared in countless publications and featured on Sesame Street and Saturday Night Life.
Speaker 6: I think it was probably like late nineties, early aughts, but this type of shit people know why do pay but they don't know like this type of shit, Yeah, because this is what people were actually into, right that. Why does it make you guys?
Speaker 2: Is it because they appear to have human bodies their wimer rhiner heads on human bodies? Is it just the stupid simplicity of it? Vibes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, vibes. I don't know, the vibes are atrocious.
Speaker 3: They're just I mean, like, it's just like that was where the bar kind of was, you know, for It's like and then you know, William's work sort of deals in what if wymerhiners were the bourgeoisie?
Speaker 1: You know what? What can we parse through like the analysis of his work?
Speaker 2: You know what? You know what?
Speaker 6: Like the next version of this is is like there was a period where on every like bad micro brewery, there would be like a painting of like a gorilla in like a military uniform or a suit or something.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: Or like a hair wearing a suit and he had a mustache. It's the same ship. Yeah, evil, great art, evil just taking a different form. You know What's that quote?
Speaker 2: But what if the animals were doing like people stuff? Is the question. So what this work of art presupposes is what if animals but people stuff Like yes, yes, there's like one really great yeah work of I was just about joke one. I'm a little avant garde. I like this painting where these dogs are playing poker.
Speaker 6: Well that's a classic. That is a classic you, I think I'm looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this should be just a show of you telling like differentiating between like pop art that is bullshit and pop art that is classic. That he's like Frank classic.
Speaker 6: I hope those other world listeners tuning in being like maybe he'll reveal secrets and it's just they're meeting the real me for the first time and it's a big disappointment. It's all about dogs playing poker. Yeah, Okay, I got to close that tab.
Speaker 2: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 6: This was hard Probably a lot of things, but I think the show Friday Night Lights is very underrated. Have you ever seen this? I I've seen incredible the first half of the first season. Oh, you got to keep going, you got to keep going?
Speaker 2: What about you? Miles?
Speaker 3: I remember watching this is I remember the early days of Netflix when I was like, I just need like a show to like fucking watch mindlessly, and people are using Friday Night Lights and I'm like, I remember.
Speaker 2: That dive back in.
Speaker 6: It's one of the top ten all time shows in my opinion, and I'm a freak.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I mean it's got like you know, like I remember, like, wait, Jesse, there's a lot of yeah, Michael B. Jordan, Michael B. Jordan, Yeah, Jesse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And there's a great season that was like in the Writer's Strike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only one I really know about because I guess famous. It's not even that bad.
Speaker 6: It's not even that bad, but like there's something that happens while there's like the jv team writing it during the strike, right, and then the varsity team comes back in the next season and they're like, yeah, that never happened. Where it's going to ever acknowledge it. It's not going to say there's a crime that takes place that would in season to have an emotional impact that would cause people to act different. But then like everybody comes back to school the next season, they're like, hey, everybody, like how's it going, Like they have no reference to it. Everybody's fine, nobody's in therapy. But yeah, that's a it's an amazing show. It's that's like the one where I don't know. When I'm like at dinner parties or whatever, I always end up recommending it to people and people are like, what, like you like that show? It's good, and yeah, I'm always like power Through, Power Through, It's really good.
Speaker 2: So I like to the movie a lot.
Speaker 6: It's different than the movie though too, just the same source material. Right, Okay, so yeah, that's that's my underrated overrated for this. I was gonna say, any food that involves you waiting in a line at all, I think almost no this. You guys are in La. Yeah, you you're obviously familiar with the types of places I'm talking about. There's like a lot of hype places. There's Chicken was one of those. For a minute, there's like, how any I don't get, Like, I really don't get this, Like any food that requires you waiting in line, like I do not do it. I think the only time you should wait in line for food is if you're in some kind of great depression scenario and you're you're in a dole line, like a bread line. It's like a humiliating experience, right, A few minutes in the line is fine, but like sure, yeah, like a normal line, but not one or it's like, dude, you got to like get there at nine am if you want to eat by noon. You're like, there's no, it's never. There's not food that's going to be that good to get that you're going to get by waiting in a line. I'm really I'm against lines and waiting.
Speaker 2: How thing I remember people were like waiting in multiple hour lines, yeah, to.
Speaker 6: Get What I've realized is some people like it, Like that's what That's what I've realized later. It's like some people it's not like they're willing to wait to get the food. The line is the whole thing for them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that was the front. I do like, I don't know, I feel like cattle when I'm in the line. Oh, it's like way deeper for me. It's way deeper for me. I'm like, I'm like, I feel like cattle. That's being shep or like a sheep. I feel like I'm being shepherd. Yeah, yeah, your dog corralled me into this. I'm being corralled. Would there be okay, would you do a version where you took a ticket but it's still a process of waiting, but you're not in a queue. If they like texted me and I could go freely. Yeah, but at that point it's like almost like a to go order.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure sure, sure, sure, sure yeah.
Speaker 2: Now you're just gonna stand over here in this holding pen, well you wait for your number to come up. I remember, I just kind of middle about.
Speaker 3: And scraps come out of this corrugated tin tube. If you open up your mouth, you can get get a few bites.
Speaker 6: Or have you ever This is not the same thing, But have you ever been to a place that like has just a cartoonish weight time when you ask for like a table, like because I'm talking about places where you go to a counter and like order food. But there are some restaurants where I've gone in and I'll be like, hey, how long is it? Wait for two And they'll be like three hours. And I told that and I'm like, okay, So like you don't have like it's just saying no, You just say no. Just get like you're like, that's just gonna bring us to a different meal, Like that's not nobody's agree to that. Just say no, like, just say that there's not any tables because I'm obviously not going to wait three hours.
Speaker 3: There have been times I've been like all right, cool, They're like, you want to put your name down. I'm like, you know, I've done that too, yeah yeah, and it worked and it's like forty five minutes and you're like yeah, ah, okay, So I think you really you're just trying to put people off by saying like, loo, bro, it's fucking long.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, they just I'm just revealing that people don't like me, like I don't, they don't like no, But yeah, I think that's like obviously they're trying to scare you off. But either way, like I guess that makes the food is overrated, Like there's no way it's gonna be good enough.
Speaker 2: It's my point. When you were young younger, did you get hot lunch at school?
Speaker 6: Barely almost lunches and they weren't great?
Speaker 2: Bagging you lunches? Okay? Got it? Orre you asking?
Speaker 1: Because that's a lot right there.
Speaker 6: That's a line that I just wondered if, like how deep it went, you know, where your line's long for hot lunch?
Speaker 2: Like were you? I think sometimes it was yeah, sometimes.
Speaker 1: At most I mean it moved, you know, yeah it moved.
Speaker 6: But I was also a sack lunch kid, but you're in an institution, like you have no choice there. Yeah, it's just one to another. And yeah, you're lining up all the time in school. Yeah, you go.
Speaker 3: To Disneyland and you're like, I don't know about anything. Oh that's I mean, that's a whole other things. I'll probably I mean, has anybody said Disneyland on the show like that's overrated?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, but that's like crazy overrated, Like obviously people spend their whole life doing that. It's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going to the same part.
Speaker 6: I can't even I finally went. I went as a kid. I went one time is when in my twenties with my friends what we barely Didney thing, and then I recently went again where I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go, like give it a shot. Everybody loves it. I had a fine time. I had a good time, but like I was ready to leave and the thought of going back again the next day would be crazy to me. You know, sorry if either of you guys are Disney files, but I was like, no, we're not. I did it, like I did all the stuff, Like what was I going to I'm a thirty five year old man, Like, what am I gonna do is go on It's a Small World again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. You really can't get the nuances of It's a Small World and the song in particular the first time around. You really need to. It's kind of like kind of bloom in your Yeah.
Speaker 6: People go, People go for like seven days at a time to like the different works.
Speaker 2: The thing that put me off is that there's a ride that is like just agreed to be very good by Disney Files, the Peter Pan Ride, And I waited it was a line based revelation. I waited in like an hour long line to go in it with my small child, and then got on and it was like less than two minutes. And you're just like going around like looking looking at fucking models of London toys and oh, I remember that ride. That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I mean like pretty good for a kid, for a kid for baby, pretty good with fifteen minutes wait, They're like, this is a must, you gotta go. I'm not a total I'm not an unfair hater. I will say, like the Star Wars ride, the new Star Wars ride is really good. That's kind of worth the wait. I waited and I was like, yeah, I'm very impressed. This is great. I heard the Avatar ride in Disney World is like causing dads to change their lives.
Speaker 2: I went on it a couple of times.
Speaker 6: Is it amazing? I think that's the closest thing that some of these guys are getting to. A psychedelic experience.
Speaker 2: Who right, is it? It's not, it's not that great. It's just it's it's like a dark ride where you're on like a basically a bike that moves you around and then it has like a giant screen in front of you and then three D glasses on and so it feel it makes you feel like you're flying. But got it. Yeah, it's cool. But it was just like, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 6: Wanted to suicide after Avatar came out. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They were. They were like they like, don't make me go back.
Speaker 6: But by the way, it's an appropriate response.
Speaker 2: James Cameron, don't make me go back.
Speaker 6: They're like, yeah, it was having it was causing all these suburban dads to have like existential crisis prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: We got something.
Speaker 6: We got a producer in the chat saying you got to bring in goodies for Disneyland to actually have fun. Oh I've had I've been there on goodies that.
Speaker 1: Was it made.
Speaker 8: And I've been there on some badies too. Yeah, I mean that made it hellish. I had some psychedelics speriences there and it was not good. I was freaking out. I saw, I saw, I was on mushrooms.
Speaker 6: And I encountered one of the parking lots that they have for like all the baby strollers, so there'll be like hundreds apart parked Bailey's baby yeah, like and we're already in this like weird concrete human landscape and I was like, yeah, oh my god, Like it just hit me. I'm like, there are so much of us, like we're a virus taking over this world.
Speaker 2: And it also from the like Holocaust me just all these like strollers like with yeah or like every front the rapture like yeah.
Speaker 6: So that hit me hard. And then they have that thing where it's like a tree. It used to be the Swiss family Robinson tree, and now it's this Tarzan tree and it's like a fake tree. It's a huge fake tree that like kids play on and stuff. And I had a meltdown about that because I was like trees are real, like like you a fake one? Like like why is this tree?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why is there a fake tree here being presented as like a fantasy scenario alongside Aladdin and shit, yeah like you guys, I was like they. I was like they cut down trees to build this tree. That's fake and like all of these people could have taken their kids on a vacation to Yosemite, like two hours away where they could climb a real tree. I like, I mean, of course, like I'm on mushrooms thinking this yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah, and you're just blocking like one of the stairs.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly, like go back, man, go back the securities cuffing me up the closest I can't.
Speaker 2: I've come to like accessing like what a bad trip would be without taking like any psychedelics. Was like going on it's a small world and being like, god, this would be a fucking true nightmare if I was yeah anything, because it is just like going from one weird little room inside a building to another, like I don't know, like I'm I become like very aware of like how big the room is and like where the back wall is and yeah, there's like carpet over there, like I just.
Speaker 3: Become Oh, you're like breaking down the environment as you like, Yeah, if I'm in the wrong frame of mind, which I was. Yeah, which the trip was not bad, Disney was bad, right, Like, yeah, I admired too many thoughts. I was wise, I was receiving wisdom. Yes, the trip was bad, like what I was witnessing was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody around you was fucked.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean, like I think that is like there's a lot of truth to all of those thoughts where it's like it's a weird I mean, Disney itself is like a a replication of generally real things in the world, like like Bryce Canyon. I didn't realize I went to Bryce Canyon a few years ago. I don't know if you guys know where that it's a national park in Utah, but like I think one of the rides, like the whatever the train roller coaster is, I think it's in California Adventure, Like the landscape of that ride is based on Bryce Canyon. And I didn't realize that until I went to this place and it it looks like alien landscape.
Speaker 1: Highly recommend anybody Thunder Mountain.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it absolutely blew my mind to see this place. I highly recommend visiting Bryce Canyon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, now that.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at it, like like that's disney Land, I'm like, yeah a photo Bryce.
Speaker 2: No, exactly.
Speaker 6: So with Disney, you know, all of the stuff in there is inspired by a real place, including the castle that's like a real castle go to in Germany. I think in Less's Austria. But yeah, when I see people that just go there over and over again, it's like, Yo, you can go to the real version of this stuff, like it's out there.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't have a dull whip like castles are Castles are real? Like that's not made up, Like there are castles like I am chowdering a bread bull. Yeah, you could get that there too. I'm sure Germany, Bro, you get Germany, I don't know about climate. You get some kind of rock worst Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 6: Anyway. We lost all your Disney listeners. I'm sorry, that's all right. There is iHeart in any way connected to Disney. Am I gonna get like.
Speaker 2: I heart wishes? Okay, we wish.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna get like assassinated.
Speaker 2: No, there's like.
Speaker 6: A somebody is screwing a silencer onto their.
Speaker 2: Disney might be like you might be a Disney plant. Like That's what one of the things I learned from your podcast is like the the government are the ones who are like putting out some of the UFO ship, Like they're like trying to make I don't know, there's like that complex mind fuck that's happened in the in the world of UFOs. Let's take a quick break. Well, we'll come back and we'll get into your show. And we're back. And I mean, Miles you had you had the question on all our minds m h off top a ghost real dog.
Speaker 1: Like and if they are, how come I don't see them?
Speaker 2: So I probably I have a theory on that. What is it? So there's this book, this neuroscientist David Eagleman who has this book Incognito about like the way the mind works and what there's like one of the things he says is there's like more wiring going from our brain to our eyes than from our eyes, Like the signals travel more from our brain to our eyes than from our eyes to our brain. And the way the point he was making is that like a lot of what we see is made up by our minds, like memory of what we know is there, and so it's like filling in your visuals with like things from your memory. And but I've that idea that like some of what you see is actually filled in by your brain also seems like it makes a lot of sense to me of like things of people seeing, Like you know, our brain is this amazing machine that like creates amazing cinematic experiences for us when we sleep at night. Like, so yeah, I'm I it doesn't. I don't doubt that it could like do something similar to us during our waking lives. But I also think that there's what like a counter, like the other side of that coin is if our so much of what is happening around us is just being filled in by what our brain expects to be there, then it's like papering over so much shit. And like one of the things you say on your show is that a lot of these experiences tend to happen to people who are like out of their comfort zone. So I think the anecdote that Egelman was talking about when he was talking about this is like why people die in car accidents so close to their home is because that's a place where you're like way more likely or just like filling your surroundings because you've been there a thousand times, so your brain is just like, yeah, yeah, we know the streets out there, and it doesn't see like the truck speeding down the street or whatever. But it's like sort of the doors of perception thing. You're you're like narrowing what you're letting in down to a very small trickle and filling everything else and with your expectations. And so that idea really jumped out to me that you would be encountering things more when you're outside of your comfort zone because that's when your brain is actually more alive to what's happening around you, right, so you are actually taking in things that your brain would normally be papering over with like whatever your expectations of the normal world is. And so I think, you know, just that idea of that our brain and our you know, what we perceive around us is in this like constant kind of communication and interchange like kind of helps me make sense of it and also makes me make sense of maybe we're missing a lot of the crazy shit that's happening around us.
Speaker 6: Okay, you said a lot of stuff. Was it?
Speaker 1: I got it?
Speaker 6: Man, I just listened, so well, let me see. Okay, So, first of all, maybe I did say that in an episode. I don't remember saying the comfort zone thing. I do notice a pattern of people experiencing things when there's like they're going through something intense already really to their life, right, But with I think the example with like the vision is good, but I look at it kind of like the opposite way. You know, like your brain is from my understand I'm not a neuroscientist, but like it is filling in the gaps a lot. But also like like what you're seeing is you're entirely a creation of your brain. You know, like our eyes do not see in three D. Your brain is doing that. Like your brain is what makes it three dimensionals. You're like, we do not see three dimensional objects. It's like our brain is rendering that essentially using the data from our eyes. And same with your ears. You know, your ears helped with depth perception of hearing. Like all of this is just like input to your brain that's then like processing it. Right, So you could look at it, I think like the skeptical way to look at it would be like, oh, yeah, your brain is just kind of making up the ghosts or whatever or making up whatever, and maybe it's just glitching out. The other way you could look at it is that like you really we're our eyes and ears are only able to pick up like a tiny amount of what's out there. Yeah, you're not, like what we're seeing is not actually what's there. Like, there's so much more happening right now. We're seeing visible light tiny tiny part of the spectrum, and same with the sound. And aside from that, there's other things out there. There's like like there's more, perhaps stuff we haven't even like discovered. So like the freakier way you could look at it is that maybe momentarily our brain is like picking up something else and it's not something that our brain's ever tried to process before. Yeah, so our brain's doing its best to process that, you know, Like it's kind of like imagine I think of it as like if you got like a Wi Fi card and a really old computerdo like sure, you know, like you could theoretically hook it up to the internet, but like try to do anything on that old machine, it's going to like not work, you know, Like it's not gonna be able to run the Internet essentially on a really really old computer that's so much data it's not built to do that. You know, you could do it, you could turn on Wi Fi, but like it would not be able to go to a website.
Speaker 2: We are like so incapable of perceiving things that are above our you know, capacity for you know, perception, like just by definition. So like, yeah, that's something you come it you run into all the time. If you're dealing with like a child or something like that. You know, it's it's obviously very evident to you. So somebody who has like a little bit more understanding.
Speaker 6: It gets really really deep and really meta, Like you could really go crazy with it, especially just given the fact that we still don't really know what consciousness is, yeah, or like why it exists or how it exists, and like whether it's contained to an individual's body or if it could go elsewhere or if it comes from something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you know, that's like it's just sort of that unknown that makes so much of this like feasible impossible. Like, well, I'm traditionally pretty skeptical about it.
Speaker 1: Like I definitely have people around.
Speaker 7: Me who are like the like you know see who have like experienced paranormal things and are just I think maybe just tap like tuned into something a little bit different.
Speaker 3: But that's where like that episode you did about the Gateway process sort of made sense to me about that perhaps there are people that are able to perceive things just differently, like just just to put it like not too you know, sensational, but like there's a different way that some people are perceiving things than maybe the rest of us too. And but then like but when I hear that like the Pentagon and the CIA is like looking into this kind of thing, and like immediately my brain's like, well.
Speaker 2: Then it must be legit.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, if they need it to like if they needed to be violent with other people on the earth, they must think there's something feasible about it. Where I'm like that this is kind of interesting, But like I'm when you when you see when you read these like declassified documents that are talking about like weaponizing astral projection, how much of that do you think is like pentagon hopium where they're like, damn, it would be dope if this shit like was the shit, and like we could really get the Soviets now using this kind of technology whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, we could go.
Speaker 6: Like so deep on this and like I'm not even fully qualified to go to the depth of it, but like there's many ways you could look at it. Like some people think it's like disinfo. Some people think it was just like you know, they're trying everything to get to the Soviets. But like we have a series coming up with the collaborator Josh Cinderella was doing all the research on the Gateway process and the Monroe Institute and his angle, and like what I think it's probably more like I said, there was all these guys in intelligence at the time that were into this stuff, and we're getting the government to fund their own research on these really freaky topics under the guise of national security, Like they were like trying to research, Oh.
Speaker 1: My step dad will pay for this if we just kind of frame it the right way, or like.
Speaker 6: Guys at the highest level, Yeah, but like in a more serious way, like I think, you know, these intelligence guys were legitimately interested in this stuff and believed it, and we're trying to advance it interesting and they're doing into some really freaky stuff too.
Speaker 3: Right, because one of the guys from the Army ended up running the Monroe Institute. Like it's sort of like evolving door and that's what I'm like, Oh, this is very interesting that like so when you see these things, that's interesting too, because like I said, I have, like I think a lot of us in our cultural consciousness.
Speaker 1: It's like declassified thing and the government doing it. They're like, so there must be a little weight to it.
Speaker 3: But that's where always a sort of skeptic in me is like, well, this also has to happen.
Speaker 1: If someone really wants this to be true.
Speaker 3: Also because even in that episode, you did, like while a lot of like the sort of larger topics about frequency and vibration like are scientifically sound to like marry all those concepts to then be like.
Speaker 1: Someone can be doing like remote viewing or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jump, it's hard, And you know what change for me because I was more normal before, Like most people, most normal people are like really binary. It's like okay, this is all things or it's all real one hundred percent. It's like there's not much room for an in between. Something that hit me that change things for me is like like this could be real, but we could be bad terrible at it, Like psychic powers could be real, but there could just be nobody out there that's very good, or like the stuff you are capable of doing is not super helpful. Like maybe somebody can't find the location of a Russian sub, but they could like figure out like some words they're going to be said like a week from now, or like predict some like random sort of pointless thing that's gonna happen in a really messy, clouded way. I don't know this, Like that's not a good example, but I think of it as like if you went back in time to like the fifteen hundreds and had a basketball hoop, like an NBA basketball hoop.
Speaker 2: They don't know what basketball is back then.
Speaker 6: Like when you show them the ball and be like and just like some random guy, you're like, all right, like dunk the ball. They would all be like that's impossible, like this can't be done, Like everybody would try, it would not be able to do it, and in all likelihood they would think it's actually impossible. It would be like and of course, now you know many years later.
Speaker 9: Right or like a sub two hours like a YouTube clip of like a really like you know, a modern and one basketball player to somebody from the nineteen forties, they would be like, well, that person's a fucking wizard.
Speaker 2: Like that doesn't that doesn't make sense at all.
Speaker 6: So like with this stuff, I think of it as like I don't even know if we could learn to be that good by just like just or whatever. But maybe we haven't evolved far enough, right, we don't even know what we're aiming at. Yeah, so maybe it's not like hundreds of years, maybe it's thousands of years, or maybe there's like something that's going to come along that could unlock this stuff. But right, I think that's like what's made me give me a good middle ground perspective is like, you know, people always like, oh, if they're psychic, like, why didn't they know this was gonna happen? Why don't they go to the casino and win? It's like, right, yeah, I think, yeah, It's like it's sort of like I don't know. In my experience of talking to people who supposedly do have this ability, it's like as if they like walked into your house blindfolded at night and they just like grabbed something and we're like, oh, yeah, do you have like a.
Speaker 1: A mouse pad with the Star Wars character.
Speaker 6: On it, yeah, or some shit where it's like kind of like why are you talking Yeah, I guess, but like why are you talking about that? Like it's not useful, like you couldn't gamble on it. It's like so random.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm giving weird examples, but it's not like the sort of omniscience that people like to think of it as.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or I've had people that, like a lot of times people that I've talked to who have had like premonitions. Some of it it's like very's specific, but like random and sort of like oh, why would you have a premonition of that? Like that's really weird, Like it just doesn't have like meaning, you know, right, Yeah, it's interesting though, it's super interesting.
Speaker 2: The one, the one the episode I'm not going to dig into it now because this episode could be three hours long, but the one about the quantum Like the guy who has a near death or like basically experiences what would be the last moments of his life and then wakes up in a parallel timeline.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Yeah, yeah, so so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that isn't a theory of like quantum reality that I've actually kind of believed in like throughout, like you know, it seems very plausible, and you know Schroedeger's cat and like the quantum machine gun thought experiment and all that stuff, Like I don't know, but I hadn't heard it from a first person perspective, So that that one really yeah, I love one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was called Everything Goes Black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people should go check out Everything Goes Black. That one's really cool. Just a feel like that. Yeah, that one's particularly weird. Nice. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and we're back. And so big topic that probably the topic that kind of overlaps between our show and your show the most would be UFOs, like the you know, we started the show in twenty seventeen, which was right as like the tic TACs started being acknowledged by the New York Times and there started to be a more mainstream journalistic kind of appetite for like publishing on that stuff. So we've been following it on and off. I have frequently said on the show that like, when I start talking about UFOs, I sometimes wonder, like why we would ever talk about anything else, because it's just like such a massive question and there seems to be so many things to cover, so many different leads to chase down. And so that's why we don't talk about it partially is because otherwise it would be insufferable and never ending.
Speaker 6: But there's so many false alarms and yeah, it weirdly like people people like being normal, you know.
Speaker 2: That's I think.
Speaker 6: That's like I've realized about other world is like, you know, when this stuff happens to people, it doesn't become their life. The first thing they want to do is move on and go be normal, and like, yeah, I don't know, and even after like making this my full time job, like this isn't the number one thing I care about, and I you know, yeah, it's not like and I'm not like obsessed with ghosts or demons, like yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't even really care. I mean, it's not like my whole thing, Like what that's not my whole life, right right, So that's why I don't have anything to prove. Was like, yeah, that's just not what I'm about. I just want to hang out.
Speaker 3: With my friends and you know, yeah, you don't want to live in a world we're like, dude, I don't know, dud don't want to get knocked into a parallel reality.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, I think I'm like just normal, you know, but I think most people are like that.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, I mean it's disruptive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so disruptive to if when those kinds of things happen to be like, and now I have to acknowledge that there's this whole other dimension of existence that I was not aware of and could deeply impact me.
Speaker 1: It's better to be like, I don't know, that guy's fucking weird. Let me just have a beer and watch.
Speaker 6: Nothing aliens ever actually came down and landed. It would like be a news story for two days and then kind of thing in the background. So I mean, you're articulating one of your UFO episodes something that I noticed happening to me when the whistleblower testimonies started. I found myself getting less interested. Like yeah, also because he had like he had my girlfriend goes to a different school, you wouldn't know her energy to him.
Speaker 2: That's probably it, at least partially.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the See, this is why I don't dabble in the UFO community too, because I mean it's very people. You know, everybody has different views, and I think there's like heated arguments that happen. But yeah, with that, like I don't know, it's it's interesting like those guys. The UFO world at large is skeptical of like everything. They think everything's a sy up, but then when that guy came around, they're like, oh, he's legit, like because he said he is, you know, right, and it's like, oh, in Congress is talking to him. Congress, that's serious, Like these are some have you seen some of the people in Congress? Like have you seen who gets elected to Congress? Like this doesn't mean anything, you know, And it's like if they were to do a si op, that's like the first that's like the number one way they would do it. Is like have a guy like that come around. I don't know. I uh, I guess I was just not super invested because it's like he didn't blow the whistle. He was doing the thing with like a DK where it's like big announcement, bignnouncement. I'm gonna have a big announcement next Wednesday, so like tune in for the real announcement.
Speaker 2: Like it was a lot of that big announcement today is that there's a big announcement coming on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a lot of right. Yeah, I was like, blow the whistle, bro. He kept saying it's classified. He's like, yeah, all of this is, dude, all of it's classified. Like yeah, you're already breaking the rules, just break them all the way.
Speaker 2: I think it went from like they're these like various you know, they're the tic TACs and other like you know, unidentified aerial phenomena, and here are all the reasons, Like that's mysterious and you can't quite explain it to like this guy is saying basically the plot of Independence Day is real, Like yeah, and that's just inevitably going to make me less interested. Like he's picking one option and saying that's the one and but that is going to inevitably be true of any confirmation of UFO theories, Like yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 6: I think as soon as the government gets in, like it's that really complicates things inherently. Yeah, and the Department of Defense, because it's like like these people lie, that's their job. Yeah, Like if the if the military is telling me something, that's like how you know not to believe it? Right, Like even if the thing's true, they're telling you a fake version of it, like yeah, yeah, never ever told the truth ever.
Speaker 2: But at the same that's like the main thing the military does is lie. I felt a little called out when you're your guest on What I Am a Patreon Okay, but now but you're you're a New Yorker interview with Chris Wiley or your interview with the New Yorker writer Chris Wiley. He kind of he compared it to He was saying that, like it is by definition, like an incredibly information rich like environment, similar to QAnon. I'm wondering if like that's what happened to me, is like because as we've like covered QAnon on this show, it's like the thing that people want is not the truth. They want another dozen theories that like aren't connect in vague ways to the last theory. And I'm trying to figure out if like that when a whistleblower came and said, no, this one is the thing, like if I was just like, fuck you, it's like too specific.
Speaker 6: It's just yeah, there's like a lot of stuff that there's so much out there. And I don't mean to discredit David Grush or anything. I was just like I'm talking more about like the media spectacle of it all, Like I don't it's hard.
Speaker 2: I'm glad.
Speaker 6: I'm just glad, like I cover first person experiences because I can handle that. Like it's hard to be following the day to day of the UFO world, especially when there's so much fake stuff out there. Yeah, right, but insisting is real when you're like, this is not real, to be honest with you, though, like like gut check wise, like a lot of people with the UFOs, they're like, I think it's just testing military top secret military stuff. Like I'm like, I don't think we have anything that advanced that would be confused with what people see with the UFO in terms of like real tech if we did. The only way I think if we did is if it came from somewhere else, like maybe that, which is then the same thing as having a UFO. But like as things get increasingly privatized with SpaceX and Virgin Galactic and stuff, like, you see how difficult it is to accomplish these things, right right, I mean, and and like even our defense department like they mostly use contractors.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I just don't. I don't really think they have the stuff that would be enough to explain it away as something that's purely man made unless it came from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: It would be like such a massive leap to be somethingatical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like you always have like mechanicals, they're like, it defies all mechanical science.
Speaker 1: Like if any of this exists, and.
Speaker 3: I think that's what name goes, whoa dude, did you that defies all mechanical science? Then yeah, that's like that that's where the emotional investment would come in for me. But I feel like, yeah, in the same way when that that dude went up there and was like yeah, man, like they have contractors that go like excavate the crash technology and then they send it back. That's and I'm like, this is like a fuck, this is truly a movie now like that. Yeah, And again it's like one of those it's almost like flat Earth thing where like how many people are fucking involved and no one like you're the first dude to fucking talk about it. That's where it gets a little bit wobbly.
Speaker 6: I do think like I'm on board, Like I'm on board with like maybe there are things that have crashed that we have and are trying.
Speaker 2: To figure out.
Speaker 6: Like I don't know if we've figured it out yet though I like that theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the theory of there being like a bunker where there's like a bunch of like weird stone orbs that were just like looking at like what is this?
Speaker 2: Like how do you work this? Like every once in a while a military pilot, well, like how do we get to go out and essentially drunk drive it around because they like figure out there just like oh yeah, it at all.
Speaker 1: I took him out first.
Speaker 2: I took him out. It was not good. I fucked up bad.
Speaker 3: I think I killed like forty cows exactly.
Speaker 6: Or like there's a whole not to go too deep, but like there's a whole other thing where it's like people who think that it's all telepathic, like the UFO is all that. It's just not physically there. It's being our brain. Yeah, like it's being sent to us and we're seeing.
Speaker 2: It that way. I know.
Speaker 6: And there's some people that think it's us. It's us what do you mean, Like it's like us in the future like trying to stop us from because it's like it could see they get seen around nuclear bases a lot. Yeah, there's like a thought of like humans in the future with tech advanced enough to like send something even if I don't know, like yeah, like watching ourselves to make sure we don't blow ourselves up.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Yeah, there's always an infinite loop right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one I feel like is pretty popular in that world where it's like it's either there's someone being like, dude, stay away from that technology.
Speaker 2: Man, it's bad.
Speaker 1: We just want to make sure you guys, so fuck your little marble up that you got here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's my theory. We're getting stony right now.
Speaker 2: I like it. Oh yeah. Always. My theory is that like that whatever the thing is, it's you know, it got it has advanced enough technology to get here if if that's what it is, if it's an actual like you know, the technology is way more advanced and yet they haven't used it. Like the modern paradigm would be, well, if you have technology that advance, you just like killer enslave the entire population, right Like that's just how like realist politics assumes that all things work now and will work forever. And we've been seeing these things for decades now and they haven't done that, So they're just like probably inherently distrustful of the military for for good reason.
Speaker 6: Or just watching us or curious because also like ticket ticket in one stepstony Air is like a lot of like the religious miracles written about, and like ancient texts can be interpreted as sightings, you know a lot of right stuff. Yeah, because I mean that's like the same thing. Like a lot of skeptics will be like, well, you know, people really only started reporting UFOs after like sci fi came out, and like like sci fi books started talking about UFOs. It's like, well, yeah, sure, but also before that, if they saw something big and bright and unexplainable in the sky, they wouldn't have had that language. They would have probably called it a religious miracle. They would have thought it.
Speaker 1: Was an angel.
Speaker 6: Or something like that. They would have called it something else and.
Speaker 2: Load the heavens opened up and angels poured forth upon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or they're you know, whatever it was that they thought it would be. You know, these names for things change.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still like to think that we're just their big, messy reality show they like to check in on.
Speaker 6: Maybe just like man, they're fucking up all the time. Or it could be multi dimensional beings. Yeah, it's it's funny hearing myself talk about that, like this is not what I used to be like, but like yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean that's what I think is interesting about the show because it you you, when you hear all these first hand accounts you just like the mirror, like the the repetition of things, like the fact that it is prevalent, it does just make you pause to try and understand, like what what is it about it that that we're seeing these kinds of things all the time?
Speaker 1: Experience kinds of things?
Speaker 3: And I think that's what is really dope about the show because like, you know, it's like like listening to thee with like an archaeologist who goes like burial sites and like they're spooky ship all the time. Like dude, I'm not in the spooky fuck business, but like some spooky shit wash, you know. And I think that's where when you start to see it from all these different angles then and you kind of begin to be like, yeah, this, it's there's something here.
Speaker 1: I can't quite put my finger on it.
Speaker 3: And I'm not like being like yeah, man, because all of this is real, but there's there's like another layer of truth that I feel like that we're chasing or trying to understand. I think that powers so much of how we see these things.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, is there one episode that made you go from normal to one episode that like you just can't shake that You're just like.
Speaker 6: Well, seamless plug? Is that like that that episode is starting to come out? Like it the one this week is starting like a long series that I've been kind of working on since Meet Us.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, this one multiple.
Speaker 6: This one came really early into the show when I thought it wasn't even going to be really a show. Yeah, and it like it was just several steps beyond what I was used to hearing and just so bonkers and like just continued to get more bonkers as it went, and that really like pushed me over the edge. And I'm I've been working on it for a year and a half, like as long as the shows existed. I mean I've taken breaks of working on it, like for various reasons. Sometimes it's too much, but like it was one where when I heard it, I was having this interesting reaction where I was just thinking, like, yeah, this can't be real because it just can't like it's just too much. There's too much, like I couldn't and most people, most people leave it at that, but like I can't do that. That's not like I wouldn't be doing my job, Like, yeah, I can't just dismiss things like I have to have a reason why it's not real, Like, okay, it's not real because of this, I could still have like not been able to find one. And I know for a fact, like the people in the story feel the same way. And it's just been a it's been a wild ride. I'm excited for these to come out because they kind of they kind of go all over the place. Yeah, so that's one that sort of pushed me over the edge a little bit.
Speaker 2: Nice. Well, I can't wait to hear where that one goes. And thank you so much, Jack Wagner for coming on The Daily Zeitgeist man.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: I think this is the record tied for the record for the least news we've ever covered on the show, and.
Speaker 1: There's Crofton has used to be the holder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 6: We talked about it on yesterday's We're covering the real news today, that's right. Strap exactly the news.
Speaker 2: They don't want you your eyes sheep, Well this is the real news. Yes, where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 6: It's the socials are at Other world pod and you could listen to it wherever you get your podcast. It's like, uh, just look up other Worlds. It's the logos like a man jumping through a void. I guess you could say there's a jumping out the doorframe, right, he is just going through a door, not like a sheet walking through. It's like a glass. Yeah, that's I think of it and being transplained. Yeah, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? You know? Dak's Flame is huh huh from you. Oh he was big on YouTube and he was like a teenager, but he was in the movie twenty one Jump Street and uh his Instagram lately and TikTok event extremely funny. Look up Dak's Flame. Dak's Flame yeah he uh it's hard to explain. Just just start scrolling his videos and watch just like drink it in and it's an insane, insane media.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 6: Look at really, look up Dak's Flame.
Speaker 2: After this all right, We'll do miles. Where can people find you with the working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I thought Dax Shephard was the only Dax out there. There's two Dacs at least there can only be one.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Miles of Gray, Twitter, Instagram, everywhere else. You can find Jack and I or basketball podcastles with Jack got mad Boosties as we scratch our heads well, looking at the finals, wondering can the Mavericks do something?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You can also find me talking about ninety day fiance on twenty day Fiance a tweet I like it's it's from NBA Twitter, It's from past Matt Boosti's guest, Jasmine L.
Speaker 1: Watkins at Jasmine L.
Speaker 3: Watkins quote tweeted a tweet from Shams about kristaps perzingis his like sort of fitness updates of quote Celtics Chris Celtics is Kris STAPs Perzingis suffered a torn medial retinaculum, allowing dislocation of the posterior tibby allis tendon and Jason said, boy I was looking like Floyd mother Floyd Mayweather trying to read this.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of medical terms. It's very difficult. I can't even believe I got through it. So shout out out for a hilarious tweet.
Speaker 2: Amazing. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian. Uh I, Oh, I watched the Richard Linklater movie hit Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, I thought that was fun. Yeah, that was cool. I liked that they were like Hitman don't exist. Yeah, stuck a little fact for are you in there? I think they exist in the mafia or existed in the mafia for a little bit and with the military, but not not the version that we're all familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yeh, being the guy in a diner office guy.
Speaker 2: He just problem for me, if you know what I'm saying, that doesn't exist. It turns out, so if you're in a relationship with a hitman and a diner, that's a cop. Get out of there. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore of Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com. Worry post our episodes and our footnotes. We go off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna go out on a little bit of like a new sort of dancy update to a Dina Howard's I Need a Freak.
Speaker 1: It's called Freak and it's by Live East.
Speaker 3: And you know from my nineties people out there remember that track, but this is kind of like a more softer, sort of dancier version, but so you still getting those lyrics.
Speaker 1: I need a freaking them freaking a evening, So check this one out, freaking by Live East.
Speaker 2: All right, we will link after that and the footnotes today, and that is the production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you all then. Bye bye