Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, and That's what you really miss podcast. You and A. Here we are, Hello, Q and A.
Speaker 2: Hello, Q and A. We just can't get enough for doing this. We want to be closer to all of you. Yes, Q and A's hot takes everything.
Speaker 1: I think we just have to get started because there's a lot of really good questions here. Have you seen maybe happy Ending yet? No? No, we're just talking to Darren. We texted him because we want him on the pod again to talk about his show that he loves and believes in so much. Everybody loves it. It's got rave reviews.
Speaker 2: Everyone I know who's seen it says the exact same things, that it's just so wonderful. Everyone is so.
Speaker 1: Great, The story is beautiful, the music is beautiful. We got to get to New York to see it, but we have not seen it.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you think Barbara streis And would have been a guest on the show? I mean good question. I I mean Ryan and Barbara schreis And are friends now? Were they then?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I probably propelled the friendship if if they weren't before.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean she would have been incredible. Are you kidding me? That would have been crazy.
Speaker 1: Leah would have been deceased, not well, unwell holding space for Ambers Ain't no Way version of A no Yes, all this ways I have to give always.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, Like I think that is up there with Aretha Franklin's, like the best singer of all time. But so many people have different versions of Ain't Away.
Speaker 1: Ambers is top.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I know. I think hers is the best version. That's my hot take.
Speaker 1: WHOA the number of times I have to agree, the number of times we went and watched her on tour singing that song.
Speaker 2: I think her live version is the best version. I think it's better than the recorded version.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh it's so good. I get you to listen to it now.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's hooped up from the cast? Next question?
Speaker 1: Ever, Hi, Kevin and Jenna. I love the podcast. I would love to know if you would go back to Glee. You know yeah. I think the question would be if we could go back Sicklee the version that we did versus like a reboot. Yes, definitely, yeah, yeah, if you were able to go back and delete one episode of the series. Which one would you delete? Quarterback?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, for sure. Was Chris really the one hitting all the super deep notes in a few songs like we Want the Funk? Yeah? That was his voice. Yes, yeah, he has the range.
Speaker 1: He does have.
Speaker 2: Hes hottest Glee cast member. Yeah, I mean Bomer does he.
Speaker 1: Cant totally He's Yeah, he's top Boemer, Chyanne Chyanne, coord Cord Cord. I love that Cord is third in there. Objectively, he's hard objectively, but yes, but he's just like a brother. So it's hard for me to see, like any of you guys like that. It's just hard. I guess stars are easier, I think because I'm farther away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Our series regular is only being paid based on the number of episodes they appear into.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's the number of episodes you have contractually agreed to. So usually if you see their name come up on the episode and they're not in it, they're still getting paid because they had signed on to do it.
Speaker 1: Like New New York my name popped up. I was like, that's interesting, and.
Speaker 2: You used to that paid?
Speaker 1: Well, I must have if my name was there, and I wasn't in it. Chi ching, chit ching. I think what happened was this shift happened. But my contract, they didn't know I was going to be leaving prior to that, correct, So I just got I think I got twenty two.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually don't know if that's true or out. But I do end up in an episode coming up. I come back more than you'd think. Yes, I come back to see performances. Yes, I'm around. What was the moment you realized I made it? Like example for going on Ellen, I don't know that was an example they gave.
Speaker 2: I know, we talk about it a lot, but it the weekend. Yeah it is, because that was I think there was a shift for all of us. It was over into the White House.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm like, also, it was all within a six month period, to be honest. It was Oprah White House Tour, and it was just like, this is crazy. I think we did it. Like when you're in an arena and a different country, right and everyone knows your characters and are singing the versions of the songs. It's a very wild experience.
Speaker 3: Kiss Mary kill Bert, Sue will Bert, Sue will Mary Burton, yep, kiss will kill Sue? Yeah, I love you Jane, I love you Sue, Sue and kill.
Speaker 1: Come for us. If there was a Wicked episode, who would play any character in the school music already would be backed, Yes, definitely, and you could really play into that because him and Essa gets I think, yeah, for sure. And then there would be a duel and the storyline would be another defined gravity sing off between Mercedes and Rachel to play Alphaba.
Speaker 2: One gets Alphaba, one gets Glinda.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, because I think Santana could.
Speaker 2: Get you think Santana could be Glinda.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I can do anything well obviously, yes, But I think Mercedes would play Alphaba and Rachel would play Glinda. Yeah, I don't know. I don't see Rachel Glinda and I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's hard. We don't really have a Glinda. You'd be most Glinda. No, I don't know about that in real life.
Speaker 1: Fine, did you guys love Smash the TV series? I feel like it's the closest thing we've had to Glee.
Speaker 2: We did watch a couple episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the beginning, right in the beginning, suss up the competition, we didn't really.
Speaker 2: Have time to watch TV because it was on at the same time, and the only thing that we watched was Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Look, I love I love Hilty and I love Karater McFee. I just like being on a musical TV show and watching a musical TV show during that time was not in the cards for me, right, Yeah, just vibe wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were already doing that all the time.
Speaker 1: Kevin, did you ever watch the show dubbed? No, you've never seen it dubbed. What is that like if you were in a different country and they dubbed the show we were dubbed in.
Speaker 2: Like forty Yes, I saw Glee in Brazil, so I saw it dubbed in Portuguese. Weird, very like we were straight up flipping through the channels and it was on. It was like, that is not my voice. It was very surreal, but also cool. Another moment of like we made it. I'mil you know when you feel so far from home, like and it's on the biggest channel network in Brazil, Like that's crazy. Who can Courd and Glenn come on? Yeah, we should get them on together. That would be great.
Speaker 1: Definitely, we can.
Speaker 2: Do a roommates off you and me versus them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just one of the general loves friends. Who's your favorite? It's Phoebe for me. This is like Sophe's choice for me. I go back and forth all the time. I think, sometimes I think Phoebe's the best character, like my favorite. Then sometimes I think Monica is my favorite, and sometimes Ross is my favorite, and sometimes they challenge. Wow, I really love them all. They all have their strengths. Yeah, how stressful was it to shoot an episode? Honestly, it sounds stressful and it's all like kaos, And we talk about that all the time, like how face it's going and how like things don't you know we don't have scripts or we have to learn or we have to record, but like it didn't feel stressful or we're like, yeah, it's not really in our hands. Like if I was a producer, I think it'd be way more stressful. But like for us, we're like, well, I just have to show up and do our job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, show up and do the best you can. I think to worry about the schedule, the schedules out of your control, and like what you're doing is out of your control. You can just very much show up and do the best you can. Obviously, you wanted to like be working at a high level, right everybody was, and when you're going you know your characters so well, you know the system so well. You know, between recording and dance, rehearsal and fittings. It was just more tiring than stressful. Yes, what songs from Short and Sweet? Would each character sing? Oh my god, wow, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know it well enough. This is all you, Kevin.
Speaker 2: That's hard because honest, I would just want Santana to sing everything well right exactly. I would like to hear Mercedes do espresso.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I think Santana, Slim Pickens, I think Rachel please please please?
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 2: I think I would like to hear Tina on Taste.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to hear that. I know it's not what you would go for normally.
Speaker 1: But I get it.
Speaker 2: Bed Kim would be an interesting one. I think, Oh, bed Kim's sexy number. Oh yeah, I would do a gay couple sex off Satana, Britney, Blane Kurt on bed Kim. That's all I got right now, but I would love that. I mean, I mean, just one best pop vocal album at the Grammys. It deserved. It's an incredible It's a perfect pop album. It's very, very good.
Speaker 1: Have you listened to it, Jenna? From what I listened to? Yes, definitely, I put that on.
Speaker 2: It is so good.
Speaker 1: No, I know I need to I'm out of it right now, but I'll get back there.
Speaker 2: Understand. You don't need to be in it yet. But it's waiting for you there, But.
Speaker 1: I get it. Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Do you like Lady Gaga's new song? Yeah? Have you watched the video?
Speaker 1: I watched part of the video. Yes, I love it. Do you like it?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: If you both could collaborate on a script, what would it be today?
Speaker 1: What kind of script?
Speaker 2: I don't know? I think maybe are we writing it? Are we making it up? What kind of story would we want to be in together?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 2: What would be fun to do together?
Speaker 1: A comedy, for sure?
Speaker 2: Here's what I want. I want comedy. I want buddy comedy. I want us to be in Europe. I want us to travel.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, So let me travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe we get kidnapped and we get we get taken to Italy?
Speaker 1: Is this your dream? Is this fine? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This is fantasy.
Speaker 1: Take me there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, maybe it's I want Oh can it be? Can we be in the spy sequel together? First of all, can they do a spy sequel? And then can we be in it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Definitely, that's it, and we can be like shitty spies together. That's the one that helped Melissa McCarthy do whatever she needs to do. That's the one.
Speaker 2: There's my official pitch.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Would you Kevin have auditioned for Kurt if he if the role already existed? Yes, I think so, and I would not have gotten it.
Speaker 1: What probably star you wish would have been on the show, Sutton Foster?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bunhead yourself exactly.
Speaker 1: Thanks for writing in once again. You guys besties you are. You can't wat you as besties anymore? Does that age me?
Speaker 2: No besties on your show? You can say whatever the hell you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted to age me. But you guys are the best. We really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: And we're aged like cheese, like wine. We are aged.
Speaker 1: Finally, that's what you really missed.
Speaker 2: See ya. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at And that's what you really miss POD. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.