Speaker 1: I gotta just say, I love the real ones for not skipping through the intros.
Speaker 2: It's true, you know. I see those people who comment are like, hey, it starts at four fifty five, try to skip this.
Speaker 1: We see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you call them out? Yes, sure, all right, Welcome to Your Second Date Podcast. This is the official place to.
Speaker 1: Find Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we love that you're here. That's why we always highlight you and what you love to say say to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, questions, comments, what do you guys? Well?
Speaker 1: Psychic Moose commented and said, my husband told me he loved me on our third date.
Speaker 2: My response was, and what does that mean to you? That is a good response. But we celebrated our ten year universary last week.
Speaker 1: Dude, that is almost like a pad on the head. That's cute, honey, What does that mean to you?
Speaker 2: Those words? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love it? Well, happy Ted the anniversary. Yeah, I hope you finally have said it back to him.
Speaker 2: I hope you earned it by now. Uh huh, Yeah, for sure? All right. Your second Date update starts right now. Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: Making a friendly bent during a first date. It could be a good move. Yes, it's kind of flirty a little bit, have a little excitement to the night. Like, for example, beer chugging contest loser has to do the other person's taxes for the next five years. Ready go, you suck at chugging beer. Okay, So here's my W four and a list of my assets. So if you could follow those guys tomorrow, they're already overdue. I have a bunch, by the way, that not working for you, Brook.
Speaker 2: This was we your W two four.
Speaker 4: Good good thing. You know how to do it, because I certainly don't. But one of our listeners had a friendly wager going during her first date and apparently didn't go quite the way she planned. So let's talk to Tricia about it. Tricia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 2: You owe more to the irs than you expected to. Is that what happened?
Speaker 3: Not exact? Actually?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, you didn't do the tax bad thing.
Speaker 3: I'm gessing I know I didn't.
Speaker 4: Look now he's not calling you back?
Speaker 2: Who is it? Who did you go out with?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I met this guy named Gino, you know, and we met online and he really seems like very kind of happy. He's like a very chill guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, those are good qualities in a person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's super cute, So I was like, why not? So, like, I know by his profile that he's like a sporty guy, and I'm pretty sporty myself. Okay, So I thought we would do a game of pickup basketball.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's a great day.
Speaker 4: So you'd go to the game, not be in a game. That does sound as fun, But that's not like a sporty thing to do. Watching sports is not an athletic thing.
Speaker 5: But that's not.
Speaker 4: Athletic as I thought I was because I've watched so many sports.
Speaker 2: I mean, that doesn't get.
Speaker 4: On my couch down in two plates of nachos and under twenty seconds? Is it is kind of athletics. I'm competitive food, but I don't think that's what Tricia had in mind. Okay, So you guys wanted to do something sporty. What was your bet?
Speaker 3: So the loser had to buy the drinks?
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's good to play basketball before drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, certainly, don't want to do that the other way around.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could make its tummy cramp.
Speaker 4: Okay, So who won?
Speaker 3: Well, he was pretty good and I'm not bad at all. So it was close, but I guess he just called it a tie because when I made the last shot, it hit the rim, and when he turned around to make the rebound, it hit him in the nose.
Speaker 2: Oh oh did it bleed?
Speaker 3: No, but it looks like it hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so his pride is hurt.
Speaker 1: He has it like really dominated the game and then he just got an awe.
Speaker 3: Yeah he had an alley and then but he bought drinks anyhow.
Speaker 4: Okaya hit him in the face with the ball. You didn't pay for the din?
Speaker 3: Do it purposely hit the rim? Wasn't my fock?
Speaker 2: And she didn't lose Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's a stickler for the rules. Yeah, okay, the drinks go good.
Speaker 3: Drinks were great. We have like really good conversation too.
Speaker 2: Okay, this all sounds so good.
Speaker 4: You're getting hit doesn't sound that bad.
Speaker 2: What is there any bad things that happened?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean he was talking about like what he is looking for in a relationship and how he wants an active person, which is awesome because I do too. And he talks a little bit about Uh, he loves fantasy football, which I don't understand at all, but whatever, okay, yeah, okay. And then he talked about like how he had a big party for his family for their anniversary for his parents.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute and.
Speaker 3: There's like fifty people, so like he's really family oriented, which I thought was great.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, yeah, this is all cute.
Speaker 4: How did you end that date?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I kissed him on my car?
Speaker 4: Oh you initiated the kiss?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, kiss his No, so it felt better.
Speaker 4: Did you kiss him on the mouth?
Speaker 3: I kiss him on the mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it was great.
Speaker 3: And then I went to get my car and he started walking towards his car, So then I figured I was going to try and be really cute. And then I ran up to him by his car and I gave him another kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what did you be so excited? If you were a guy, I'd love that. I don't know you're saying, no.
Speaker 4: Jeff, is there any chance that maybe he thought you were going to attack him and try and knock him down again to finish the job.
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean all that sounds okay kisses than it sounds really romantic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how's the conversation been after the date? Or has there been conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I've texted him like quite a few times and he does respond, but it's like spotty, so like he'll ringin every three texts or something. So that kind of makes me feel like, oh, maybe I did something wrong.
Speaker 4: Any texting from the same number every time?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I mean from the same three burner phones that she has.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, she seems likes to do the sneak attack things.
Speaker 2: So do you have any ideas.
Speaker 3: I have no clue. Did he not like me kiss him? Is he like afraid because of the ball noyes? I'm not sure what's going on. Like it's been a few weeks now too, so sometimes.
Speaker 4: A woman can seem a little bit too overeager with things too.
Speaker 3: Maybe I forward. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love an eager woman, you do.
Speaker 4: But all right, Well, we'll come back. We'll call Geno for you, and we'll try not to like sneak attack him too much, but we'll politely ask if he's willing to see you another time and try and get your second date update right after this. Okay, okay, okay, hold on, can Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: In the morning second date updates out in.
Speaker 4: The parking lot she lurks so dumb, ducking between cars, applying her blueberry lip bomber, watching waiting for her moment okay, to run up and strike.
Speaker 2: It hurts.
Speaker 4: Her name is Tricia. She is the notorious south Side surprise smoocher.
Speaker 2: Why did that guy get sick? I thought her date liked it?
Speaker 4: Not to be fair, it was her second kiss of the night with Gino, and she was just trying to be cute and flirty about it.
Speaker 2: But puke sound for her.
Speaker 4: The sneak kiss may have scared him away to the point where he's avoiding her now.
Speaker 2: If she was ducking behind cars, maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just waiting for her to surprise him again and she hasn't done it.
Speaker 3: I can really hope that it wasn't the second kiss. I mean, that's insane.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's call Geno and try and get some answers from him. Maybe it's just a big misunderstanding, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's a way on business or something, and hasn't told you.
Speaker 4: Getting his nose reconstructed after you shattered it into a little piece.
Speaker 2: Of rhinoplast I've heard takes a.
Speaker 4: While, So maybe he's just trying to get himself pretty again for you. Let's see what he has here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Gino?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: This is Geno.
Speaker 5: Man who's calling?
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound no good?
Speaker 4: We're we're we're radio show man. We're uh called. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Oh that's I mean, I've heard of you guys. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: I think it's cool that you've heard of us. We're doing something on our show called the Second Date Update. You know that.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I mean i've heard of that.
Speaker 5: I didn't okay, I didn't actually think that happened. That's kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 4: So you're the lucky guy that we're calling today because you recently went out with somebody named Tricia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was kind of a minute ago, right, like a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been a two and a half week okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're one of those guys who likes to just take it slow.
Speaker 3: Oh I guess.
Speaker 6: I mean what you guys are asking about how the date went.
Speaker 2: Or well, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like you just give us a nutshell, like your take on that date big picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I don't know, I got hit in the face with a like a basketball, but I had not.
Speaker 2: Was that good for you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Was it embarrassing? I bet it was embarrassing.
Speaker 6: I mean I got to say that the reason I'm not reaching out is because of like not the date, but because of like some of her texts after.
Speaker 5: They gave me some red flags.
Speaker 4: Oh, we didn't hear about any of the texts that you had. She just said you guys were kind of in spotty communication and you weren't responding to her.
Speaker 2: What'd she say? Was it clingy or something?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: You could say that.
Speaker 6: Like after I got home later that night, I got like a one sentence text that said, what's the best case scenario for USO?
Speaker 4: Yeah, relationship?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I was like, how do I answer this?
Speaker 5: I I literally was like, football in the face and more drinks.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: That's a fantastic response.
Speaker 6: I was like, Okay, maybe she's drunk or something, and that was that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny. But there was more than just that.
Speaker 5: The thing is, the next day she texts me it was like, if we got married someday, would you consider ditching your fantasy football league to spend time with me?
Speaker 3: It was something like that, and.
Speaker 4: The media answers no question right, yeah, after first date.
Speaker 2: I mean, it gives you a good gauge. I guess.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Was she trying to be funny?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That was two serious questions, like that's a big picture question.
Speaker 3: That's two in a row.
Speaker 4: How did you respond to that one?
Speaker 1: I totally ditched my friends in my interest just for you.
Speaker 6: You know, I just got to a point where I thought, Okay, this is just a lot off of one date. I just I don't want to be planning out my future with this person.
Speaker 2: Be a lot for anybody.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound like you asked her any deep introspective questions about her life. And now is actually your chance, gino, because she's on the other line right now, waiting to tell you what she wants out of your future together.
Speaker 5: This is going to be cute.
Speaker 6: Oh great, so she planned this too, of course she did.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this doesn't make it less intense.
Speaker 4: Question is what would you do if I surprisingly put you on a radio Patricia?
Speaker 3: You there, I'm here.
Speaker 4: You know you didn't mention any of those texts that you sent down.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't think that they were really like that important.
Speaker 2: Who so he hearing what he just said, had you changed your mind.
Speaker 3: About that's mom issue. It's like, I would like to know I am a planner.
Speaker 4: I could understand you wanting to like plan out your week or your month than you planning out your entire rest of your life. That's a lot to ask a guy after one date.
Speaker 3: No, we're not getting any younger. And my deal is, I'm not even going to bother wasting a minute if oh, he's not going to tell me honestly what's going on with us, or I'm not going to waste a minute if he's gonna be like, no, I'm totally keeping my fantasy football and then I lose them like every Friday night. No, I don't think so, it's actually really on Friday give up his.
Speaker 2: Stuff for you? Ginah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't know that, Gino. Are you willing to give up your stuff?
Speaker 6: I mean, like I said, this is one day, like I have to go on a few more dates, Like you can't. You can't just corner someone like that. I don't think anybody's gonna.
Speaker 3: That could have been your answer to the first question I asked you, what's the best case, Maria? Okay, maybe yeah, let's go out a few more times. Okay, maybe that wouldn't have led me to the next question. You're thinking me and that I'm so psycho or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't think your psycho. I just I just want I did remember another thing you asked, which is, would your parents ever let us stay in their house so we can say for our future?
Speaker 5: That was like another one.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a sweet little image.
Speaker 6: She hadn't met my parents, and I hadn't met her, aren't anything.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because you're being selfish and you're keeping them all to yourself. You should spread the wealth of this wonderful family that you have.
Speaker 3: You also said you had fifty people in there, so it was big enough.
Speaker 5: For all of us.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you actually responded that it was Okay.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't respond.
Speaker 3: I already told you guys, and we talked about this. He told me about nan versary party for his parents where he had fifty people.
Speaker 2: Time I can move in with.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's a planner, She's got him for every bad case scenario that might play out.
Speaker 2: It's just a little too much, you know. I know you want to know everything right now, but there's just no way to know, I.
Speaker 3: Made it this far in life with knowing everything, and I think I'm gonna be fine, you know what I mean, I'll be fine without him. But you could have just been honest and said, hey, a few more dates and I would been like okay, and then I would have chilled out. But then it led me into this big spiral wanting to know more and more and more.
Speaker 4: Gino, we could just mooth this whole thing over. If you're just willing to admit right now it was all your fault.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, yes, this is all my fault.
Speaker 4: Now let's move forward. And since Tricia is such a planner, I would love to help her plan your next date, which we will pay for out of the generosity of our hearts?
Speaker 2: Are we asking? Are you asking?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Actually, that's a good point I do. I should ask Tricia for permission. Tricia, is it okay if I co plan your next date with you?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 3: It is fine with me for you to co plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So what you're still up for it? So, Gino, would you like to meet up with Tricia one more time on our bill? Your future bride wants to know?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yes, if we can just kind of take it.
Speaker 4: A little slower what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I mean, like I said, I had a fun time. I just if you're really serious about just moving really fast, that's not me. But if you're willing to just like go out and have fun, then.
Speaker 5: I'm down to go out for another day.
Speaker 1: But what we never heard was about that fantasy league willing to give it up.
Speaker 4: This is a good start to the communication. A little bit of honesty and transparency. It never happens on our show. I'm proud of us like it.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: It just feel kind of but it's what you wanting.
Speaker 2: Is that okay with you? Tricia to move slower?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I promise I'll slow it down. I won't ask any future questions like about our children's names or anything.
Speaker 1: I will I will it in because you already have those planned out and he doesn't really Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go again.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the rest of your life, Gino. In the morning, Brook, I'm just gonna ask, Okay, where do you see the show going. What's the best case scenario for us here?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's too soon to ask, and that makes me feel kind of uncomfortable. I mean, we've only been together for over a deck and I'm not ready for this level of commitment.
Speaker 4: Well, i'm gonna tell you, I'm scared from what I just heard. I don't think we're heading to a very good place.
Speaker 1: What they're going out again, Jeff, exactly.
Speaker 4: Suddenly we have people on the phone communicating, listening to each other. That's taking a breath and respecting boundaries.
Speaker 2: No, not very funny. I want to say that we.
Speaker 4: Need to get this train back on track.
Speaker 1: Okay, if your life is a wreck, that's who we need to have.
Speaker 4: If you want to scream cry at someone for taking a creuton off of your salad without asking first, you're just the type of person we need. Yeah, email the show and help us write this sinking ship. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back