Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody, It's d j en Vy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the gud.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: And we got a special guest in the building that came in here so delightfully right and nice.
Speaker 1: Ladies lying, she was not lying. She was not lying.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, don't morning.
Speaker 4: I'm great man.
Speaker 5: It's feel good to see you because the last time you was here, no label reps with you. But when you see the whole label here with you, that's when you know you're really doing good.
Speaker 1: So congratulations, thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you so much. It has been a while. I think last time I was talking about fighting, it was it was a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Did you get a call after that person call you?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they didn't call me. They didn't call me. But it doesn't matter. We don't need to be.
Speaker 1: It's not how much is life changed.
Speaker 4: It's changed. I mean a lot. I've been NonStop, like on the go. I've been really really busy in a good way, performing a lot. I just got off tour, which is incredible. Grammy nom. A lot of a lot of things have been happening.
Speaker 6: I feel good you receiving a hip Hop Disruptor Award.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just made that up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's when they got to make a name, they got to make an award. It feels good. I mean, I'm just like, wow, hip hop disruptor. That that resonates with me heavily feels good.
Speaker 1: Do you consider yourself just a rappertal?
Speaker 4: I think an overall artist, but first a rapper for sure from Tampa.
Speaker 2: We're talking about artist from Tampa.
Speaker 1: But sound is just different.
Speaker 7: I don't I listened to it.
Speaker 1: I don't know where she from.
Speaker 6: She a galaxy is different. I will always say Spooky Coochie is my favorite song. I know you talk about Alligator bikes never, but like girl, that's my jam.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about the name of the album. Yeah, mixtape. It's mixtape album, mixtape, mixtape alligated byce never Heal. Why is the name of that? And you talk about it all the time? But this is a different people.
Speaker 4: I know. I mean today, it's like it's about this never ending cycle of life of you always have a series of truths that you have to constantly come to within yourself over and over again. It's about patterns. Essentially, it's like when you get over one hurdle and you you cool in, then you have another one to jump in, and it's another one, And it's just about accepting that there's always going to be more to discover about yourself. There's always going to be more things to dislike about yourself or like about yourself the more you go on in life, and that's what it's about. Ultimately, you'll always be wounded in some type of way and then you'll always heal.
Speaker 5: Well, when did when did you get by an alligator? Cha even try to go to a hospital to see I.
Speaker 4: Have never been bitten by an alligator. I would hope that would never happen to me, but I'd be around them all the time.
Speaker 1: Temple or what came up with that?
Speaker 5: Even that concept like just to even I don't know what you call it a metaphor or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. It really was deeply spiritual. It just came to me, like I always had the name before I even had a project put together. I was like, one day I'm going to do a project. It's going to be called Alligator Fights, Never Heal, and the music will make sense with it. One day.
Speaker 7: So you've been thought of this, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: The you talking about changing and things that you like about yourself and don't like about yourself. What did you see that that you didn't like about yourself?
Speaker 4: I think when I was creating this project, I was always drunk, always drinking, always partying, and I couldn't recognize myself at all because I wasn't really myself. I was intoxicated, whether I'm smoking, I'm drinking or whatever, and I wasn't liking the person that was reflecting back at me. And I was like, Okay, I think it's time to like sober up and I need to just get away from people and figure out who am I right now? Because I feel like I was carrying this version of myself that I had been since I was like twenty twenty one, you know what I mean, and it was no longer serving who I was to become. And when it was no longer serving me, I was like, Okay, let's make a change. And I felt heavily inspired and I made the album bout it being by the boom. I'm in the data suit.
Speaker 1: Know when did you get to that point? Because you know in de Nihala is the river. You talk about that a lot.
Speaker 5: You talk about you know, being in I guess that that that dark period, but you know, also being caught up in the fast lane of being a rapper, so you had to be lying to yourself for a while. The name of denial is the river when you get to the point where it was like, you know what, I am kind of fucked up about it.
Speaker 4: I don't think I was ever lying to myself. De nihala is a river. I titled it that because I was dealing with somebody who was lying to themselves. But anyways, I came to that point when I realized that I couldn't create music without drinking in the studio, and that was my breaking point where I was like, oh, I have truly forgotten the source of my creativity, the source of who I am, and I'm looking for things outside of me to be myself. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Did did Wendy Williams influenced? Then?
Speaker 4: I was yeah, that quote? Wow? Yeah, well you.
Speaker 1: Was in a situation like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What wow? I mean twenty four real shocking. How do you deal with that when a person that I mean that.
Speaker 4: It's that was never the problem. I think the problem was that you cheated on me. You all so could have let me know upfront, you know which your style was. I'm bisexual, that's cool. I've dated bisexual man.
Speaker 1: It's different, different when it's a man.
Speaker 4: Let me know what it is upfront. Let me know what it is upfront. I'll accept you for who you are. It doesn't really matter. I think it's like cheating on top of lying in secrecy about just who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: So you would have a problem dating or you dated a bisexual man.
Speaker 4: It's like, how can I be bisexual and then I'm gonna not date somebody who else who's bisexual? Why because he's a man.
Speaker 2: Because people look at it different people people, people look at it differently. It's in this world, it's okay for another woman to be with another woman, but for a man to be with another way, and people look at that differently. In a bisexual relationship.
Speaker 4: Now, absolutely not. It's I don't see it that way. I really don't. I think that sexuality is fluid and I really don't give it.
Speaker 7: An because then that's contradicting it is, know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, How could I sit up here and be bisexual and they'd be like, oh no, I can't girl.
Speaker 7: Whatever.
Speaker 6: So what's your relationship like now? Because I saw where you said you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah she trust you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yeah yes she does.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that you also named songs after things that I love because I'm from the South.
Speaker 4: You literally look like you just don't age.
Speaker 1: You look fantastic about.
Speaker 5: You were saying, well, no, you named you named the songs after the things that I love, like boiled peanuts, yes, catfish, Carolina Okay, talking about fireflies like what made you pay?
Speaker 1: How muche to those things?
Speaker 4: Just the little things that I like in Florida, the little things that make up the swamp. Just things that I.
Speaker 1: Think are cool, even bull frog. You've got to be from the country to even though.
Speaker 4: The Yeah I hate those things.
Speaker 1: I'm the only hero what that is?
Speaker 4: I've seen them?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you people in the South like the little.
Speaker 1: Fireflies beautiful.
Speaker 5: But you're showing off your white side. Don't want to hear you say, nigga no more. Speaking of that, Drick sand you the hardest up.
Speaker 4: He did make you feel that was great. It's Kendrick. I was like, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He didn't say she hard he said the hardest out period. What a period? And men don't even be using periods, So that's.
Speaker 3: A big these niggas.
Speaker 1: Has he given you that validation off off offline.
Speaker 4: Too, like just we've actually never met in person, I haven't. I haven't met him in person yet, but he has given me my props publicly, which is incredible stoke and the day I meet him, chill.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a really good You'll spoke before that. But so you've never even I've never met Kendrick, never met him, never spoke to him on nothing. He just randomly post posted, Wow, you.
Speaker 6: Were signed to t TD for four years and you didn't drop You didn't drop anything with him.
Speaker 4: It took me a really, really long time to figure out the direction of where I wanted to go with my music. And I think that we were dropping singles and it's like it had time had been, time had gone by, and I was trying to discover who I was musically through singles and I couldn't discover that through a full body project. And I was like, I need to drop a mixtape and get something out so that I can have a project to measure up to. You know, you have artists that are single artists and then you have artists that are like conceptual album artists. And I think that I'm that type of artist. And I couldn't see that because I had never dropped a project before. So it's like four years went by, I got ten singles. I was like, listen, we gotta let something go as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: But yeah, was that fight was topping Punch like against.
Speaker 4: It or no, I don't think that I actually don't work with Punch, but okay, but no, it's not that they were against it. It was just a lot of back and forth about what it is that I wanted to say, and do we do we want to go this direction? Do we want to go that direction? Do I want pop? Do I want? What type of artists do I want to be? And it took me a minute to kind of figure that out.
Speaker 1: How big is TD that you don't work with Punch?
Speaker 4: I mean Punch is heavily in with Scissa, and I mean Siss' is a global superstar. She's busy, So yeah, that's my girl, that's my girl. She's incredible When you're creating.
Speaker 1: It's just you in the studio like yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's even I don't like anybody in the studio about it.
Speaker 2: Not as there's rumors that you know, you haven't met Kendrick, but there's rumors that you're going to be meeting him soon because they said that you possibly are going out on two with Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Is is any truth to that?
Speaker 1: You can lie about everything else, but you can't keep that, y'all.
Speaker 4: Please, I have not met Kendrick. I don't know what Kendrick has of his sleeve. I don't know what's to come. But I know that I am prepared to receive any opportunity that comes my way. But truly, I have no idea I.
Speaker 1: Heard you on his deluxe album or the next project.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry how I'm on it. I ain't never even met him. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can send records back and forth I have.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what he has sleeve. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: You're going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I don't know you're performing at the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what is going on.
Speaker 5: I love your song Bloom Too, and you talk about you know, constantly neglecting important aspects of your life, like checking on your family, making time for yourself.
Speaker 1: You've only gotten more busy.
Speaker 5: You know, you're only getting more money, So how are you, you know, balancing those things now?
Speaker 4: I am balancing them. Listen. I use D and D to the fullest of my potential. When I'm off work, I am truly off work. That's how I have my balance. When I have my me time, that's my me time. And if I need three days where it's nothing and nobody, I'm going to take that time. So that's how I keep my balance. It's just shutting everybody out when I need me time.
Speaker 5: As family gotten more aggressive, because aggressive I meaning you're more visible now, Like people see you now, a lot of people talking about you, and you know sometimes they think that you got more than you got.
Speaker 4: People's families get aggressive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like let me get it. We used to be on holidays.
Speaker 4: Nah, not my family. Not my family where our family is very very supportive of me. They hold me down like big time. I was just at my Tempa show. My entire family came, like half my family was the goddamn audience. I was like, y'all are pushing my fans out the way.
Speaker 6: So nah, digit label really tell you have to put out so much rap back to back?
Speaker 7: Who said that online?
Speaker 6: There's a bunch of yeah wrapped to wrap back to like you know, not to put out so much wrap back to back like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah so much? Yeah? No, didn't people be lying?
Speaker 4: Why did they not want me to wrap?
Speaker 7: That's the point. I don't know. I just I seen it. I wanted to hear from your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, do you still have a Nissan Altimore?
Speaker 4: No? No, but it's crazy. I actually just I got rid of it. The video that we shot that was when I got rid of it.
Speaker 1: Why would you get rid of it?
Speaker 4: That was the first car that the label got me. When I first got here, I didn't have a cardisan Ultimate.
Speaker 3: When you got to.
Speaker 4: You got you didn't buy me, you said, gave me. I didn't have a car, I have no money. It was like, look a little lady, you need to take it. You gotta crawl for your balls. Gave me a Nissan. I crashed it. It was horrible drive. No, I had never had a car before either, and I didn't drive.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, come on, explain this to me again.
Speaker 4: When I before I got. I never had a car before and I didn't drive, so I came here and I was like, I need to learn how to drive, and I need a car. I need to get around. So they were like, here, you can just try your best with this one.
Speaker 1: Did you have a license?
Speaker 4: It was horrible. I did have a license, but I didn't drive.
Speaker 3: How did you crash in New York?
Speaker 4: What you mean New York?
Speaker 1: From the country. It was a coaching shop when I first started driving. L A l A.
Speaker 4: Okay, L A L A is stressful driving. It's too much. I get anxiety even to this day. I don't drive. It's too much. But yeah, I wrecked the car. It is horrible.
Speaker 6: No, look, no, they said they didn't want a ton of hard rap songs back to bag, like they wanted you to spread them out.
Speaker 2: Just like this is what they're saying.
Speaker 4: So all right, So she said no, No, CD is gonna always push me and want me to wrap like that's the horror of the label.
Speaker 1: On the song he's on. Ultimately, you say she's munching on the box while she watching Hulu. Absolutely, so who's you know? I'm old?
Speaker 5: So you gotta school me when you say she you're talking about she's munching the box while she watching Hulu?
Speaker 1: But is she watching Hulu? Is you?
Speaker 3: It could be more than two greats.
Speaker 4: It could be yeah, you never know. You don't know what's going on. It's a lot of girls in there. It could be two, it could be three. It could be six because.
Speaker 1: If she's watching Hulu, how she watching the box at the same time.
Speaker 3: It could be one.
Speaker 1: You gotta focus.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Well, she's terrible at her job.
Speaker 4: Women can multitask.
Speaker 7: You got to do a visual for this song.
Speaker 4: You can multitask. It would be surprised what can go down in these lesbian relationships. You can do a lot. You could save world hunger and still eat the box at the same time.
Speaker 1: That, y'all world not just interesting.
Speaker 5: That's why I said I love the titles of your songs because it's like it's clearly just a feeling, right Like you write these records and you're like, what does this.
Speaker 1: Record feel like? Yeah, this record feels like a Nis song Ultimore. Mm hm, it does.
Speaker 4: I was like, because that record, to me, it feels like when you like freestyling with your girls and you're just smoking in the car and y'all freestyling, That's what it gives me.
Speaker 5: I also wanted to with TD, was there ever, Like I don't want to say push back, but it's like they have a scissor right, So it's like if you started when you do like to sing sometimes, do they ever discourage you from doing that?
Speaker 1: Like no, just stick to you.
Speaker 4: Never they don't. My label does not bother me in the studio, Like I don't like people in the studio with me. I like to record alone. I'm by myself, nobody's interrupting me. It's just like, do your think I sing? I sing? I got what it is. That's nothing. That's a full singing song. It's no rap on.
Speaker 1: There, like whatever the reason I asked on Boombab, like I just I just can't sing.
Speaker 4: A little bit no, because literally I felt like with Boombab, it was like I'm internalizing all of the chatter that I'm getting from fans, from haters, from major label, from the guys like oh yeah, we really like when you rap, now, we really like when you sing. She should keep doing the pops, she should keep doing this. And I was just too focused on what everybody else wanted for DOCI versus what do wanted for? Is that a diamond tester?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, right, what's scary?
Speaker 4: That's got to be some form of bullying check my ring day crazy.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask to you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You talked earlier about you know, you were drinking and you're using drugs and alcohol as a crutch right when performing? Were you nervous about doing this project not drinking? Like is it gonna cut? Am I gonna sound the same? I'm gonna sound good.
Speaker 4: I was terrified. I was terrified because I was like, I don't know if people want to hear these dark topics. I don't know if anybody wants to hear this right now. I feel like there was a period in music where everybody was like, shut up with that conscious Don't nobody want to hear all that? People just want to have fun. Right now we got out of COVID, don't nobody want to be sad da? And I was like, I don't want my fans to listen to my music and be sad. I want them to feel good about themselves. But it's also like, if I'm I have to make music for therapy for myself, otherwise I'm doing it for the wrong reasons. And then I was like, well, this is my truth. This is where I am in my life right now. Somebody else got to be dealing with this shit too, And even if they not, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: What became a new crutch? Or if there is a new crutch, like usually people get rid of drinking and they smoke, or they give rid of smoke and they start having sex, or they watched this, like, what what's the new crutch? If there is one, knock it off?
Speaker 4: I think the new crutch is music. I am. I don't vape, I don't smoke. I don't do noneing at least right now in this season in my life. Because what works for me now is what works for me now. I might run right back to the bottle when I turn thirty, who knows, and that's my business. But I think that this serves me and my new crutch is just my music and sobriety. It feels better to be sober right.
Speaker 1: Now, gotcha.
Speaker 5: I don't think your generation knows how courageous y'all are. And what I mean by that is it's like, you know, for us, we weren't talking about mental health. We weren't talking about anxiety. We weren't talking about depression. But you know, you get older, you start doing the work on yourself. We didn't have nobody providing no soundtracks for us, but it's like now it's the you, it's the Kindred, it's just the rhapsodies, like y'all are not afraid to put that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: In y'all in your music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that it's important too. I feel like, especially in hip hop right now, it should be reflecting real life situations and real things that are going on. I feel like there is a overload of distractions and materialism and things like that. We need to balance it with that heart and that consciousness and a self awareness. And that's what I'm contributing right now. I'm gonna be popping ass soon though.
Speaker 1: So you say that what was that song on m pah? You say I could. I could give them the consciouship, but I'm too bad.
Speaker 4: It's like, there's so many layers to me as a woman, and I'm going to express them all all the time. I'm never gonna box myself in, like, oh, I'm only going to talk about this, I'm only gonna writ this is real rap. Because you talk about that that's not true. I just think that I'm telling my truth right now, and this is my truth, but I'm not righteous.
Speaker 1: Lock it well, the unity of life is righteousness and ratchettess. Oh, it's the perfect balance, the perfect balance.
Speaker 6: Like that, you got anybody you want to collaborate with? Like you just dream.
Speaker 1: Right now about nothing going on?
Speaker 4: No, No, I think that I've gotten all my collaborations that I want. That Tyler one really did it for me. That was like top of my list. I have always wanted to collaborate with Tyler the Creator. I have my collab Oh, Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar top collaborations. Other than that, I'm cooling.
Speaker 1: Gave you she listed you.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Have you met her?
Speaker 4: I haven't anybody.
Speaker 7: But you.
Speaker 6: You were You performed in La for Renaissance, right, I did, and you Okay, you just still didn't get to meet her.
Speaker 7: But yeah, because I heard a lot about your performance.
Speaker 6: It was lit and everything, and I told you were even popping bottles in the back.
Speaker 5: Okay, what time did you go on that you didn't meet?
Speaker 4: We got that opportunity kind of last minute. I think it may have. I found out what a day or two days before the show or something and again Global Superstars, super busy woman. She has her children with her on tour. She don't have time like you know what I mean? But I think in the when it's the right time, we'll meet each other.
Speaker 1: Is that recognition and validation mean anything new from Beyonce?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Absolutely. I trust her to pick the best talent and the best people that she's she surrounds herself with. When I went and I opened up her production team, flawless, her team was incredible, So I knew her inviting me was validation that I'm doing something right and I'm performing to some level of excellence, which was incredible.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with your your anxiety now?
Speaker 5: Because you know the crowd's only gonna get bigger, a lot more eyeballs on you. And you know, sometimes when I see you out, it feels like, I guess that's your bodyguard.
Speaker 1: You always look like you're always holding his hand. Is that like.
Speaker 4: I just don't like people too close to me, And that's all I think. I just hold his hand so that we can move through the crowd, because sometimes you could just check.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what are you doing to just deal with the anxiety in general, like before you hit the stage.
Speaker 4: I don't feel any anxiety when I'm on stage and when I'm at shows or I like this environment, like my job with it. Yeah, what about interviews, he interviews. I'm just kidding. I like interviews. This interview, however, made a little I was like, I don't know, unpredictable. Yeah, you're a little unpredicted on the.
Speaker 3: Last time you said we had a great time.
Speaker 4: It was great. It was great, But I was like, I don't I don't know, you know, I don't know what type of headspace he's gonna be on. You know, I don't know what he's gonna be with it, but I feel.
Speaker 3: That every morning.
Speaker 5: Top Dog said that alligated never hear uh. He said it had the same vibe as Section eighty.
Speaker 4: He did say that. He said he had the same feeling that he did when Kendrick drops Section.
Speaker 1: Eighty, meaning like this is this is our next superstuff.
Speaker 4: I won't speak for him.
Speaker 1: I told him that though he sent me.
Speaker 5: He sent me the album Wow, like a while before it came out, and I was just like, what do you.
Speaker 4: Think about it?
Speaker 1: I said, She's I was on talking about it.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, I heard she out of here like like I literally was like, Yo, she's out of here, like thank you.
Speaker 1: She got to give you all the time.
Speaker 4: And I want to say thank you, Jess, because you do. You always give me my props. Everything that you have said about me is just you always seen me, and I really appreciate it. Even before all the hype, you was like.
Speaker 1: And she loved that stanky Poochie record.
Speaker 6: First of all, it's not a stinky stanky poo is on the first one the.
Speaker 1: Record on the new thank.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a real Southern thing.
Speaker 7: You thankful.
Speaker 1: Is it true that you completed this project a month before? It was really?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah. All it took.
Speaker 4: I needed it. It was something in my spirit that was like, you need to drop this this project now. If you don't drop this project now, you're gonna miss the mark. And I was like, I got to get this out right now. I don't know why, but God was just tugging on my spirit like it's time to go.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How often do you and that's a stupid question, but how often do you listen to the spirit of God?
Speaker 1: Because sometimes God to tell you the move and we don't move.
Speaker 4: I only I'm only not listening to the spirit of God when I am distracted internally. That's why I keep telling you all this sobriety thing. I hear from God better when I'm sober and I'm clear minded. So it's like I only veer off of that when I distract myself with other things outside of me.
Speaker 5: And sometimes those other things are people humans know that are with you. When you're watching Hulu made.
Speaker 2: How doesn't feel when when you talk about all the albums that came out this year and they talk about yours as being one of the top five of the best. Way they talk about Kendrick's album, your album, what some of the other albums you named this week? When you're talking about the albums came in and her albums like top five of the best albums that came out this year globally on the top of those lists. When it comes to putting out music, because that's what you do it for. You want people to receive it. Well, So how does that feel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like they're accurate, They're right, it should be there. It feels really really good.
Speaker 2: They ever feel a moment of they didn't understand it first and now people are starting to get it.
Speaker 4: I think people are still kind of trying to get it. Yeah, still.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've kind of felt like niche at first, Like I think people are just kind of like, what's what's her vibe? What's going on? She's an underwear she's rapping about this. I don't really get the girls tape on her face and they're trying to figure it out. I don't know.
Speaker 6: But you do this thing like you you capture somebody's attention. You make people want to pay attention more, because that that's how I got onto you. I'm like, dang, like what is this?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 7: You know, you are different.
Speaker 4: That's why I.
Speaker 7: Didn't know you were from Tampa till he just was saying it.
Speaker 6: Because you can't put you in a specific place like you know, and then your projects before nothing sounds like the previous one like you. You offer so many different like a variety of sounds. So I think the fact that they're trying to catch on that's still good as what you want because you don't fall in the box with nobody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that it alien. They have to like you have to digest it, and I think you need context, because you'll listen to one song, but then you'll listen to another, and it's like when you listen to the full project. I think it comes together for people. You kind of got to dive in a song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think it's dope that they can't put you in a box though, Like if you just to a song like all the Ego or Nissan Altima, you like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 5: I think it's just hard for people because in order to get an understanding, you have to say, oh, well, you know, she sounds like this and she sounds like that.
Speaker 1: So people know what they expect. But I think not knowing what they expect is even better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I think that my goal is to, if e mentally, just be in my own lane, my own thing. It's kind of like what I admired about Missy Elliott when she came out. It was like Missy Elliott rapped and sing, but she wrapped in a way that was just she's just Missy, you know what I mean? She kind of like separated herself, and I think that's the goal.
Speaker 5: What type of conversations is Dolt you're having with herself nowadays?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you Are you safe with yourself?
Speaker 4: I am. A lot of the conversations that I'm having is I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Say the right thing in interviews.
Speaker 4: No, I find myself. I'm trying to ground myself right now. It's kind of like a lot of things are happening at once, and that happened to me when I first got signed, and it overwhelmed me, and I'm trying to learn from that and ground myself. I feel like I'm walking on a cloud, like on air, and I need to ground myself constantly, be like, Okay, calm down, you're safe. Good things are happening, and because good things are happening, it doesn't mean that something bad is going to happen. This is okay. And that's what I'm practicing.
Speaker 5: How do you practice your mistakes nowadays?
Speaker 4: Through my music and through honesty and admitting that I made a damn mistake and then talking about it in my music. I don't like secrets. Yeah, and I have to tell my business on WAX. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Have you a a Zalia Bank spoke since.
Speaker 6: The last Yeah, it seems like you ain't even wanted to be beef because it's like nah, but I know that's like what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's whatever. You know.
Speaker 7: Now back to what I was saying.
Speaker 6: They were saying that crazy, I.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Have you met Yeah, of.
Speaker 1: Course, I don't say of course just on stage flog now, Okay, because coninued, she seems like the type of person that you could talk to because y'all have had a similar trajectory. It's something. It's really. The reason I say that is because I love the way TD does it with their artists.
Speaker 5: I know it may seem frustrating to the artists, but it feels like they're one of the last few people who actually do artists development. So you watch these people grow and then become these big superstars. So she seems like the type of person you could talk to about everything you're experiencing.
Speaker 4: That absolutely, I could call her and I could talk to her about the simplest things. I could call her and be like, I'm having an existential crisis. So it feels good to just know that, like, I still can't do that, and she knows she can do the same with me, which is fire.
Speaker 1: We know she is busy, that's right. Well, they told her she had to be out here at a certain time.
Speaker 3: Let's let's play joint off.
Speaker 4: What you want to hear, I want to hear GTFO TFO.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it right now, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: How that name cut fetish? Yeah, okay, have been out sin Man.
Speaker 4: She's so fine.
Speaker 1: It could have been cool to fetich.
Speaker 3: Could have been.
Speaker 4: Y'all. Check out Club Fetis. Shout out to her. I'm gonna give her a spotlight in her moment. Check out her music. She's really dope.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, It's Doughchi. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club.