Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake d I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you so much for being here with us once.
Speaker 4: Again, once again. And this is January twenty twenty five. Baby, get in.
Speaker 2: So what we are well into the new year. We are it's called as the dickens outside.
Speaker 3: Oh when I tell you so much?
Speaker 2: Is the gyp this morning? And it was seven seven degrees in my car?
Speaker 3: You are you are very committed.
Speaker 1: You are like I really really admire your dedication and your commitment.
Speaker 2: Yes, Cal called me. Everybody knows Cal Cal call me. He was like, I don't want to see my balls today, And I said why not? He said, have you felt the weather outside is cold?
Speaker 1: And shit?
Speaker 3: He said his balls?
Speaker 4: His balls? Are the balls have disappeared?
Speaker 1: That's hilarious, so funny. Yes, it's it's bad out here. Yes, anyway, we're staying warm. Robin's house is so clo right now. Are you are you having a flash?
Speaker 3: Do you have heat flash? I mean hot flashes? Do you have that? I didn't think so.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just your first one. Maybe wow breaking news.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: One time we were in Okay, so hot flashes. I don't have hot flashes for various reasons, but hot flashes used to scare the shit out of me because I don't know if you remember this. We were in LA It was season one, so we were all out there and Charis had a hot flash.
Speaker 3: Okay, Charis was like drinked.
Speaker 2: Rinched, and Karen this was back when Karen liked Sarisa snatched her up and like took her to the bathroom wis her away, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yes, and she and Karen like took care of her, like dabbed, you know, like her hair and her face and like made her more.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, and oh my god. They came out and Charis was.
Speaker 1: Fine, Wow, oh look at that bonding sisterhood moment.
Speaker 3: It was a bonding moment.
Speaker 2: But to see Cherise with like a flash and like sweating and scared that I knew she was having a hot flash, but I was like, I don't want that to happen to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, me neither.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I know my mom had him, so I'm I'm pretty sure I'll have him, but I'm like hot, I'm like sitting at them.
Speaker 2: Well, you have on a Ravens hoodie. Yes, go Ravens, y'all. Loft hosts go right.
Speaker 4: Vince lost, Yeah, what happened? It was a blunder.
Speaker 1: So I just want to say I rock with my team, win or lose. Yeah, I'm representing for the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Me too. I love the Ravens. Good. Yeah, it was a huge.
Speaker 1: Disappointment in our household. When I tell you my my Corey. After we lost, Corey goes outside, it's freezing cold, snow on the ground. Cory goes outside, takes a walk shirtless, like took his took his Lamar Jackson jersey off, threw it in the yard and this shirtless shirtless.
Speaker 3: What yes, and then takes a walk.
Speaker 1: He's like all the way on the other side of the street and just like, yeahside.
Speaker 2: I comment him for that because he's able to process his emotions.
Speaker 3: You know, he didn't take it out on anybody. He just went for a walk. He didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I like it, right, And then Carter's like somewhere like crying. I'm like, oh my gosh, so yes, unfortunately, my Ravens lost.
Speaker 3: Yes, we lost the games. We were not beat we beat ourselves. Yes, and so next year we'll do better, hopefully.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I want to give a shout out to the Washington Commanders fan.
Speaker 4: You know, and it's a new day, it's in DC.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys. Like I'm so happy for the Washington Commanders. If anyone you're not, I'm sorry for people who aren't into football, but the Washington Commanders formerly the Redskins.
Speaker 2: Yeah oo, Redskins. Yay Commanders. And I can't stand the Redskins. But I think I'm I mean, I'm always going to be a Ravens fan, but I think I'm like, looking at the Commanders, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, are you y'all? I mean, I'm I'm happy. I'm like home team, let's get it. I'm so proud of y'all. I'm so happy for y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for the fans that have suffered for decades, suffered.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Saying?
Speaker 3: Jade and Daniels Jaden is the little cutie pie. Yes, he's a cutie pie.
Speaker 1: Yes, And humble, turn this team around, turned it around. So I'm super happy for y'all, but I'm still rooting for my second favorite team. They're Eagles to win. There, the Eagles and the Commanders can be playing each other in the conference championship, and I'm rooting for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're gonna move on.
Speaker 2: This is this is my only critique of the Commanders. Yes, so Magic Johnson is, you know he's looking owners. Why are you in the tunnel with a Gucci sweatshirt on? Like, why wouldn't you have on a Commander Commander sweatshirts or Commander's hat.
Speaker 4: You sitting there standing there with a Gucci sweatshirt on. I just was like, this ain't right.
Speaker 1: You know, he's like he's along the lines of like the Steve Harvey is. You know, you gotta be show your fly, your.
Speaker 4: Team that you own.
Speaker 3: Just rep that.
Speaker 1: I agree, Okay, all right, I agree. I'm done with that. You know, he gotta let them know, you.
Speaker 4: Gotta let them know. Okay, but we know your magic.
Speaker 2: It's hard, yes, okay, well do you have a well speaking of like the me going to the gym, this is my shady moment.
Speaker 4: So it's a shady moment turned great. Oh okay, okay, we don't really have those off it.
Speaker 3: So I had a training pilate's training with my trainer. Nice.
Speaker 2: As I'm about to walk out the door, she So this is all like six o'clock in the morning, she texted me and says something happened to her house.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She couldn't she can't leave the house.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: So I was like, well, I ain't that some ship. So I go to the gym anyway, and disciplined. I am disciplined.
Speaker 4: I'm a virgo like no other.
Speaker 2: So when I get to the gym, because it was my shady moment, but I get to the gym and I don't know what. I can't remember whether or Dad talked about Jim Blackburn and getting her back to you. Okay, so she's back.
Speaker 1: Oh because of you? Maybe because the recently could you protest this? Yes, listen, Jenna's back. And I knew she was back on schedule, but I hadn't seen her. So I went straight to her class this morning and I walked in the door and I was like, well, well well, and she was like, the bitch is back.
Speaker 4: And I was like yes, the bitch is and she worked my ass out.
Speaker 3: Oh shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, so I'm happy that Jenna's back. So it was like a shady moment turned good.
Speaker 1: Yes, So are you leaving your plate's instructor for Jim Blackburn.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna switch days, okay, So yeah, Jenna's on Thursdays. Typically I do the plates on Tuesdays, but this Tuesday I couldn't do it anyway. So I'm going to make sure I get Gin in my schedule because she's like a beet and I forgot how much of a beech sheet.
Speaker 1: So it's a group class, it is, and it's like like weight training.
Speaker 3: Or we had weights this morning and it's cardio on ways. Yeah, she's she's she's the truth. I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's probably I know, she's probably the best group trainer in the country. Okay, I'm just gonna put out there in the wow. I don't know the rest of y'all, but in the country, Jim Blackbird.
Speaker 4: Is the best.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Tim shout out to Tam because we love him. Timbo is also very very good, but.
Speaker 3: Turned out who is Tim?
Speaker 2: Tim is the guy that I would give the prize too as well. Yes, so Tim is on Monday's Okay, Tim found out recently trained under Jim.
Speaker 4: That's why Tim is so good.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm done. Okay, yes, all right, So do you have a shady congratulations?
Speaker 3: Yes, all this is good stuff. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: My moment is just in relation to this weather and snow and how my son's school has, like they canceled school so many times.
Speaker 3: Yes, he missed.
Speaker 1: They literally missed four basketball games, like they had to cancel games.
Speaker 3: You know, I lived for my kid's games.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: That was a fair. It was a big hole in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh no, because these weak soft school systems can't handle a little bit of snow.
Speaker 3: That's not fair, robber.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, these are days when they closed so they had school. Yeah, and then they closed the school system early.
Speaker 3: They shut down everything.
Speaker 1: Then make this make sense, at five thirty pm, shut it down and five thirty pm when school was over. Then my kid, my son's had a game at seven thirty. Yeah, and they're like, oh, all after school, all after school activities closed and there was no snow coming. It was no snow coming. It was because it was cold outside.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you have to keep in mind the kids that take the.
Speaker 1: Bus, they're not there's there aren't kids taking the bus at five thirty pm and later your kids, I mean, nobody's kids in the system, in the system, but if they have extra extracurricular activities, then they have to take the bus home.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a late bus. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay like that.
Speaker 2: I mean you you have your big range Rover and you're able to pick up your kid and you have four wheel drive, but there's some people that don't have that.
Speaker 3: Rap it so you got there was nothing on the ground.
Speaker 4: It was coming, it was coming, it was done.
Speaker 3: This is the other day? Oh really, yes, Oh there was nothing on the ground. There was nothing coming.
Speaker 1: So de Corey like it was just because it was cold and they think, oh, it's going to refreeze.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's already frozen.
Speaker 1: It's already frozen because it was only it was already twenty something degrees during the day.
Speaker 3: Like, why are we canceling games?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 2: So to Corey like rip off his sweatshirt and walk around the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: No, he was actually happy because.
Speaker 4: Because we don't want that to happen again.
Speaker 3: He needed a little break.
Speaker 1: It's oldbody. He plays like if the games are I don't know how long. These games are forty minutes long. Corey plays forty minutes.
Speaker 3: So he need't all bright. Yeah, he need a little break, any break. I get that rest his little bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So can we give a little shout out to me? I'm having a live show, of course, right me. I'm having a live show in Houston on February tenth at House of Blues. Nice, and then on the twelfth is New Orleans at Howling Wolf, which I've never heard of before, but get your tickets. It's just Elle's coming to town. What happened at California shady questions? Well, there was the fires.
Speaker 4: Oh so we haven't talked about.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was having a show in Anaheim, which was actually going to be coming up this week or next week. I just felt Now Anaheim is not near La. Yeah, but the air quality is bad. It's just kind of insensitive, I felt like.
Speaker 1: And I people are like dming me like hot, like why did you do this?
Speaker 4: Why did you cancel this show?
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, I think it's just kind of wrong right now for me to be like come see me, and people are losing their homes. Yeah, so I will come back to the California area, but just not right now, okay, yeah, okay right, similar to how Beyonce has delayed her announcement. Beyonce has an announcement she was going to make on January fourteenth, Yes, and then she delayed it because of the fires. And we haven't talked about the fires because I think the last time we record it was maybe before they started or like, I don't know, but that is that devastation is horrible, horrible, it's so sad, it's so scary. My brother actually lives in la He rents a room in a house and from his house he can see the Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 3: And so he had a video. It wasn't I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like start worrying about him until he posted a video like to his left, there was a fire.
Speaker 3: Over in the over towards the left.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's east, west whatever, And then he turned the camera to the right and there was a fire over there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, you got to get out of there. So ye did he he did.
Speaker 1: He evacuated, He took all his like valuables, his computers and stuff, and then he was gone. He left, you know, two hours north for a few days and now he's back.
Speaker 3: So I think wherever his house was safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I mean it was just so like and well they started back up again, the fire start.
Speaker 4: Yes, the fire started back up again. It is it is.
Speaker 2: Weird, weirdly eerie. Yes, it's eerie. It's horrific. It's so like Beyonce that I saw. Yeah, I can't remember the Beverly Hills girl. Yeah, boz she was she lost her home in Malibu and she was like out of the country as it was happening.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine that? No?
Speaker 4: No, like terrible.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's so sad and my heart goes out to everyone that was affected. Yes, totally. I'm very curious. How did they regroup? How do they pounce back and recover?
Speaker 2: Right, because especially you don't have any fire insurance because that was like people didn't have that or they were being dropped or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The whole thing is horrible. Yeah, like what do they do from here?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We got fires in La we got we got snow in Florida, right, Grace is in Florida. She sent me up a video sledging down the backside of her school. I'm like, girl, so excited. Yeah, Angel, there was angels in Atlanta. There was snow there. She ain't have a coat like.
Speaker 3: Cause you know, she's in Georgia.
Speaker 1: For I text her father Sickle send her coat please now today?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, it's it's wild. It's wild.
Speaker 1: And of course, you know, people try to claim that what global warming is not a thing.
Speaker 4: It's a thing. It's a thank thing.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the people that claim global warming isn't the thing, we have a new president cho.
Speaker 3: Jo, So.
Speaker 4: Thank god our job is not d e I thank god, I hate we work for ourselves here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was just thinking that pard of think because I'm listening to like the radio and people are really worried and stressed and they're losing their chop.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, I'm like, yes, thank.
Speaker 1: God, My what I do doesn't have anything to do with do I but you know what, to be honest, like it could affect it could affect me in other ways.
Speaker 3: So if they are.
Speaker 2: It's gonna not necessarily that this presidency is going to affect all of.
Speaker 1: Us right, yes, right, But for example, like I think they're trying to like revoke Equal Rights Acts, the nineteen sixty five ye Rights Acts, stuff like that. So for me, that could affect me or people like me. So as a as a small business owner, glow thirty shoutout, yes, glow thirty, I have a business loan and it's through a minority program. So it's through like a minority program with the state of Maryland. So there's this, you know, they set aside a bunch of money to fund minority small businesses stuff like that. Yeah, that's could be taken away as well.
Speaker 4: That's state so thank god it's not federal, right, but yes.
Speaker 1: But because and right, so thank god we have a democratic state. So I don't see our legislation doing that, but that can empower what's being done at the federal level, could empower people at the state level to think that they got to do that too. And so maybe not just it might not affect me here in Maryland, but it might affe affect someone a minority in Texas if they take away totally minority programs, minority funding and access to loans and grants and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna say hold tight everyby, hold tight, next four years, just hold tight. Now, just to highlights Trump's inauguration escort, escort services were up, you know, like a.
Speaker 3: Prostitute.
Speaker 1: There was a demand for escort service in DC over the inauguration weekend.
Speaker 4: Just f yi. So I guess what do they track that through an app or something?
Speaker 3: How do they know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure that's trackable. I mean, homes was trackable, okay. And Holmes came to town, okay, so on and and actually had to had to send me a text if you were following Joe Biden. I saw that, and I was, then you automatically because because Joe Biden had pots, you're automatically following. Trump actually hit me quick, I said, I hit an unfollowing.
Speaker 1: But they said then but people have said they've unfollowed, and then they keep somehow ref like re following, like meta keeps making them refollow.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been checking. I'm good in hood Okay, okay, I was.
Speaker 1: I'm disturbed by the pardons given to the January sixth insurrectionists. Who create I mean all of them in general, but who created who who were violent against the police.
Speaker 2: Totally killed police, right killed tasted them everything pokemon, I mean horrible, disgusting that.
Speaker 1: What message is this sending? What message is it sending that crime pays? I guess yes, I mean it's ridiculous. I saw woman though, I saw this posted. It was an older white woman who was sentenced to sixty days in jail. She was an interrectionist. Yes, and she's and she refused the pardon because she said, you know, I did it.
Speaker 3: I was guilty. Yeah, that's not right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she said Maga, she said, I now realize that Trump is a narcissist and Maga is a cult, and Trump is a liar, like they gaslighted us into believing that, you know, the election was stolen and that every everything else is just all lies and so so yeah, it was very interesting to see that. But unfortunately there's not enough people like her.
Speaker 4: No, there's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Milania was invited by Jill Biden because it's his protocol to a customary White House tea. Right, so the first lady does that for the incoming first lady. Yeah, Milania declined, Wow from jail.
Speaker 1: No surprise, Milania, and everybody saw Milania's outfits a hamburglar, yes, but I think Milania was like, I'm not gonna see y'all, and y'all not gonna see me, Like we're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna see each other because I don't want to be here.
Speaker 3: I'm convinced she does not.
Speaker 1: She's very angry, and she looks like she was at a funeral, like.
Speaker 3: Like she sounds. Let me make it clear, that's not a joyous occasion.
Speaker 4: Okay, y'all can't see my face and I can't see y'all, right the end.
Speaker 1: But yet people were mad because Michelle Obama skipped the inauguration.
Speaker 3: Soda, what why? Why is she obligated to go?
Speaker 2: I'm just happy Michelle stands on something, yeah, because most people stand on nothing. She said I gotta protect I don't know whether she said this or not, but in my mind, she was like, I gotta protect my mental health.
Speaker 3: I can't get down with this.
Speaker 4: And I think Barack like laid out her clothes and she just was like, and I'm not putting that on Barack.
Speaker 3: I'm not going. He was like, Michelle, Michelle, just get dressed. Michelle, the motor Kate is here for us. Michelle, let's go.
Speaker 4: No, And she said, Barack, no, right, I have a feeling.
Speaker 1: That Barack is like, look, I don't want to be there, and so I don't be there either, but because it's you know, part of my job and my duty and whatever, I'll be there, but you don't have to go, like you stay home, you protect your peace. We don't support you know this. And then and and really they they threw insults at her. You know, they call her name, Yes, they call her. And then they were like, oh, we aint want her here anyway. She don't want to be she said, I ain't coming first. That's just like him firing Keisha Bottoms. Yes, Keisha had resigned two days before she got fired.
Speaker 4: Like sorry, get your fat straight right.
Speaker 1: But it's so Crazy's like, okay, Michelle, don't go to the inauguration and everyone's paintings in the bunch and they want to call her old, you know, angry and mean and nasty. But yet Trump didn't go to Biden's.
Speaker 2: No Trump anything, You didn't you didn't go to Biden's anything.
Speaker 4: And they stop, y'all just barrockets there.
Speaker 1: He gets booed, like nobody wants to subject themselves to this kind of nonsense.
Speaker 4: But you know, George Bush was mad Michelle. That's his girl.
Speaker 3: That's his little girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Now, so it's it's a new already in for right, it's only been a few days and it's were already like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it's the true definition of around to find out. Y'all didn't think he was gonna do everything he said he was gonna do.
Speaker 4: He's doing that and more.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Around to find out. Okay, let's let's change subjectcause we can't talk about this. As a matter of fact, we're not talking about him anymore, Okay, for the next four years. I don't believe that. But okay, I don't believe it either. But we haven't talked about Kanye in a while.
Speaker 3: We haven't. I think we did. No, okay, whatever, Yes, what is he doing? I'm not talking about Kanye.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh that's what you're just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying in general, we banned Kanye from reasonably why Giselle banded Kanye and speaking of people that we've banned, well, never mind, must move on.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Jose Andreas, Yes, do y'all know who he is? He is the world renowned restaurant tour Yes, yes, and he gives a lot of money to anything that any disasters that have and he out there raising the money.
Speaker 1: He's a good he's out there like feeding people like he'll be he'll be on the ground feeding people if it's a hurricane or anything whatever wore ravage town, Like he's there feeding the people.
Speaker 2: Yes, And from what I understand, he's uh, he lives in Bethesda or Potomac.
Speaker 3: I mean he.
Speaker 1: Started in in bethesta. Oh he did you know Hileo and Bethesda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's his.
Speaker 2: I know that, but I didn't know. I didn't know that that was like your first restaurant.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was his exact first one, but he but he had multiple restaurants, like in the DC area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sod DC. We love him TC.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he gave somebody asked him, what's the best time for dinner reservations?
Speaker 3: Okay, so he.
Speaker 2: Said, you go at four or five o'clock, right, and you sit down and you enjoy yourself and you and I was like, oh, he's speaking my language, because like just I like to eat early.
Speaker 3: When I eat late, I have nightmares.
Speaker 2: And then he said, after your five pm dinner and you're like feeling good.
Speaker 4: Then you go to like dinner at eight okay, what no, player, I'm full, No, I'm like so full and said then he said, you like you you go like to a later like like brunt, not what do you call it? Late night? You have a late night like ten pm?
Speaker 3: What I'm gonna stop it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Literally, he was like five pm, six thirty, eight thirty. Yeah, you can do all this in one night, and you can like go from restaurants to restaurant. No, who okay, he lost me, but I'm all down for a five pm dinner and then you have cocktails at midnight? Okay, so what time do you He's doing too much, but we love him.
Speaker 3: Like what is this?
Speaker 1: It's not just okay, but my question to you right, what time do you like to eat dinner?
Speaker 4: Because you live with men? Yes, and that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and our schedules are really crazy, like Corey has basketball games at seven thirty, Carter got basketball games at four. Yes, they got basketball practice at six. You know, so we're what time do you like to eat?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry, okay, gonna be quiet.
Speaker 1: So so I would like to eat at seven Okay, seven o'clock is like ideal for me.
Speaker 3: That rarely happens.
Speaker 1: So you're eating at I mean, it's just it's where it's like all over the place. It's never it's never earlier than seven.
Speaker 3: Never really. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It's so funny like growing up, and that's I think, that's just that's just how my house was growing up.
Speaker 3: We didn't eat early. We never ate like earlyer than seven.
Speaker 1: So I used to have a white friend growing up, Like my best friend from third grade to like I don't know whatever, eighth grade was white and she lived in my neighborhood and we would hang out and I would go to her house and it'd be all you know, we'd be outside playing blah blah blah and be all light outside and her mom would be.
Speaker 3: Like, come in and eat.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, come in and eat. What are you yes?
Speaker 3: What time would it be?
Speaker 1: Oh like it's four thirty perfect, perfect, talking of Peru, I mean it was so.
Speaker 3: And then they would come in and then I can't tell you the food.
Speaker 1: So no seasoning, no some chicken, some dry chicken, no season that was probably.
Speaker 3: Cooked in the microwave.
Speaker 1: And when I would cut into it the things just start bleeding. Oh no, I can't eat this.
Speaker 3: Oh no. But I was like so confused. I'm like, what are you talking about? Come eat dinner. It's four thirty. Yeah, but it's better for your body.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it is, yeah, but it was just so I've never been an early supper eater because supper is like the early.
Speaker 4: I thought supper was late dinner and then supper.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, So anyway, I like seven o'clock seven is good. But we literally will have times when we don't have time to eat before Corey's game.
Speaker 3: And Corey's game is at seven thirty and the game starts.
Speaker 1: Late, and we don't get home until ten o'clock and we're eating dinner.
Speaker 4: Hell no, yeah, that's just time to go to bed.
Speaker 3: That's yes, Yeah, that's how I feel. But they need to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need to, for sure, the guys need to. Yeah, okay, something else for you. So there's a there's a name for your disorder? Do you did you know you have a disorder?
Speaker 3: What is I'm sure I do, But what is it?
Speaker 4: Where we have intense urge to stay in the bed all day?
Speaker 1: I don't have that disorder.
Speaker 3: Yes, you do.
Speaker 4: You have an intense word.
Speaker 3: I stay in the bed all day.
Speaker 1: I didn't say you did it. I said, you have my words. I would like not all day intense all day. I mean I would like I would like to stay in the bed till ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 4: Kind of all day.
Speaker 3: So it's clock clean. How you pronounce that.
Speaker 2: Clinomania clinomania, So there's now a name for this. And I felt like, we don't even need to pronounce this, and we could just call this Robin Dixon.
Speaker 3: So I did not have that.
Speaker 4: So but at least they said it's a thing. It's a thing.
Speaker 3: It's a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not called like laziness. It's a thing.
Speaker 1: So it's a it's a disease, like a disorder.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I mean, you know treatment for people with this disorder have an emotional attachment to their bed, meaning they struggle with everyday life and therefore they want to stay in their bedroom.
Speaker 3: They're not wrong with that. That does not I might I might live next.
Speaker 2: Especially not now, because Robin is out here working women, she is working hard for the.
Speaker 1: Money, working, dealing with kids, dealing with aging parents, dealing with Oh my god, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, So on a on a brighter note, ma'am you the Traitors, you as season three has become and if you all live under a rock, Robin is in season three of The Traitors. It has become the number one most watch unscripted series in the nine States.
Speaker 3: Drop drop boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: No, this is amazing. Seriously, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I can't take credit for it, because no, it's not.
Speaker 3: I can't take credit.
Speaker 1: Girl, take all the credit, Take all the credit. I forget Alan Cohen. You take the credit, Alan coming, Alan Coming?
Speaker 3: Is that his name? I thought it was Cohen.
Speaker 2: No, that was Andy Cohen, Andy Cohen, Okay, Alan Cohen, Alan coming, Alan.
Speaker 3: But get him. It's Robin Dixon.
Speaker 4: Damn it.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, of course I can't take credit for it. However, it is super exciting. But the show itself is just like it's I love that it. It kind of covers all the basis of reality TV. So you have, like, you know, the people who watch Housewives, the people who are into Survivor, the people into Big Brother, the people who are into you know, Bachelorette, Bachelor, Bachelorette, all. Yeah, like it brings together all those viewers and so the audience definitely is pretty wide.
Speaker 3: Now, who was the bachelor? There was a bachelorette, so.
Speaker 1: There's a batchel So Gabby is from the Bachelorette, and who was the first one vanished thanks to me at the roundtable? He's on like Bachelor Nation, so he's like the okay, the bartender at something. Some he's some I'll gost your stuff. I mean, I'm sure you guys some of y'all know. So anyway, I so since we're talking about Traders, yes, let's get into it. Well, first of all, if you spoiler like spoiler alert, if you watch Traders and you're not up to date on it, then you might want to likenick click off right now.
Speaker 3: However, if you're up to date, right and you want to.
Speaker 4: Hear us talk about Traders, then now's the time. Okay, are your girls they better be up to date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we asked for you all to ask those questions about Traders, and you guys, you know, are clearly clocked in and we do have some Trader questions. So we're going to answer that now because Robin can answer right now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could talk about what we've seen. I do have to like there probably be certain things that I can't really talk about, so and I can talk about what we've seen or even my opinions on what I've seen, just you know, as a viewer, but just I watched Traders seasons one and season two was totally like locked in, totally like waiting for the next episode to drop.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I thought it was an awesome show, and so to be on it was like super fun experience. I do want to say that being a viewer and being in the game is two totally different things.
Speaker 3: Me as a.
Speaker 1: Viewer, I would sit there and be like, how are they not picking up on this? How how did they not figure out who the Traders are? Because even like last season, I was like, oh, I would have thought Fader was a Trader from the jump, Like I just would have known Fader was a Trader. But so, you know, so I'm sitting there and I'm thinking like, man, these people are.
Speaker 3: Stupid, Like what are they? What are what are they? What are they? How are they missing that? Right?
Speaker 1: Blah blah, And it's quite different when you're in the game. But how do you feel that the people that you thought were traders and weren't, Like, how do you feel about the fact that you were I mean there's twenty I don't know, twenty two people, twenty one people. Yeah, and the thing is everyone instantly as soon as he picks his traders, everyone because becomes a suspect, right, and so you just know that it's part of the game that But you were convinced, you were convinced somebody else was a trader.
Speaker 3: So I was convinced I was. I can't remember who I mean, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I initially thought Wes was a trade Wells Wells was a trader, which he was not, and he was banished at the round table. I thought Tony was a trader. He's also he's up from Survivor. He's the bald, white, baldhitded guy. He was banished second, Okay, thought.
Speaker 3: He was a trader and he wasn't.
Speaker 1: But it's really hard, like when you're dealing with that number of people like you're you just it's inevitable that you're gonna think that people are traders and you're basing it on like the littlest things like I don't know these people to know their person. Now yes, you know, and so now you're looking at every single person to see if in the little bit of time that you met them, if anything has changed or if anything is like stiffening out. And so with Wells, he like, we spend a lot of time together, Like you all really don't get to see as much time that we do spend together. But you know, people spend time together. We get you know, just chit chat and get to get into know one another. And then when you see people's like behavior change, it's like, oh, okay, let me you know. And so now it's like you see one thing and so now you're like zeroing in on that person totally.
Speaker 3: But it's really hard when it's like twenty two people.
Speaker 1: You're really looking at twenty two people like okay, well, let me see what's this. One time Sierra, Oh, after they made the trader picks, Sierra like walks into the kitchen and grabs a bowl and puts grapes in the bowl and just starts walking around eating the grapes.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, she's a.
Speaker 1: Trader because because she's eating grape because she's trying. That's like her, that's her way of like avoiding.
Speaker 3: Talking to poes.
Speaker 4: Yes, or maybe she's just hungry, right, Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying it's like little things like that, like Sierra getting grapes in the kitchen right after the mate the trader picks was like for me, I was like, Oh, I think Sierra might be a trader because she's just trying to like distract from the fact that she's the trader and trying to process.
Speaker 2: I mean, to like be in a bubble and be on like high alert every second is got to wear you out mentally and emotionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was. It was. It was a lot.
Speaker 1: It was definitely a lot mentally because you are, like, like I said, we spend a lot of time just getting to know one another. And so if I'm sitting here and I'm talking to someone and we're just talking about our life, our kids, our work, blah blah blah blah, and I'm sitting I'm like, you're a trader.
Speaker 3: You're gonna murder me everything you know.
Speaker 1: I live there like having this conversation with you and we're getting along and chit chat and I'm like, but you're really like just gonna murder me, and and like I'm so, it's it's hard because your brain never shuts off from like the game. Yes, yes, crazy, even when we're not like playing the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I remember when you I remember when when you were gone and then they made the announcement of like who was going to be on and then you came back and I was like, tell.
Speaker 4: Me about Bob the Drag Queen. I love Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 3: And Rob was like, how do you know Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 4: I'm like, of course I know Bob the Drag Queen.
Speaker 3: I love him, and so you.
Speaker 2: Bob did not disappoint no on the show. He did not disappoint No. He was everything Bob the Drag Queen needed to be. And okay, spoiler alert if you didn't see it, but episode four I had to call Robin after I saw it because I was like, oh my god, because.
Speaker 4: That Rob came for Bob. Yes, and it was epic.
Speaker 3: It was epic.
Speaker 2: Yes, you loved it because Bob didn't know what to do. No sweating, Cussingingryan.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was blind sided and you could see it in his reactions, and when Danielle voted for him, he was like, like, that's all of that stuff should have like that should have been the alarm RELs like Okay, his reaction to Danielle's vote was like he was really shocked. So but anyway, but he put on a show.
Speaker 3: He did. He fighting for his life.
Speaker 2: Listen, let's sen but that's what it was. He transforms himself when he's the drag Queen. So it's like he knows how to do that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: He's so talented and so you know, I didn't a lot of people I didn't know. I never heard of him, seen him, and so he was I was just watching him and move around the castle with just such ease and such. You know, he's just like he always has something to say, Like you know, he was like you almost couldn't shut him up. He's just like you go from like I said, and it's so funny. I was like right there thinking and saying like Okay, well, yeah, he does go from person to person and he's but for me, I'm like, when you're in the game, you can't say, like what would I do as a trader?
Speaker 3: Right, right, because we're.
Speaker 1: All different, and so me as a trader, I probably would be like mute.
Speaker 3: You know, I wouldn't like talkay a whole lot.
Speaker 1: I would be like Danielle crying, Daniel's getting Emmy Awards, crying, yes, killing Bob crying. Yes, I'm like daniellel yes. Right. So that's the thing, Like Danielle's emotional and crying.
Speaker 3: You know, she's acting and right acting, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, so no, but I'm saying from my perspective what I was seeing, I'm like, man, this woman is.
Speaker 3: So emotional and she's crying.
Speaker 4: I'm like damn.
Speaker 1: Like she's like like she had me fold, she fooling everybody. And then you had Bob going from person to person, just talking all the time, and he would just be not, oh, you know what, Okay, So Robin, like I know that you're faithful, I know you're you're not a trader. I'm not sure about Dylan and I'm not. And then oh but oh he is definitely a faithful. But like I mean, it was just NonStop, and it's like so I'm thinking, like if I was a trader, there's no way I could confidently go around the castle the way that he was and just be such a busy body and trying to figureut who the traders are. And he's like and he would be like, you know, I really wanted to be a trader.
Speaker 3: That's why they didn't pick you.
Speaker 2: Rob And that's why you did not get a tap on your shoulder, ma'am, because you wouldn't been able to handle it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be a trader. No, No, that was like, no, I don't want to be one.
Speaker 1: Like if you pick me, okay, fine, but like they know that there's people come in who.
Speaker 3: Are like, oh, I want to be a trader? Me you a trader?
Speaker 2: Season When I watched season one, I was like I would definitely want to be a trader, but like now I'd be like, no, I probably want to want that in my contract, I am not a trader. Yeah, because everybody would think of a trader they becoming for me, right yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And now like shoot, I feel like a housewife should never be a trader.
Speaker 4: Actually kind of shouldn't be on the show because they keep coming for the house housewives are not safe.
Speaker 1: But you know what's going to happen next season. The strategy is going to be completely different. So now that they saw that, okay, no housewives or traders. So now they're not going to the people coming in, they're not gonna they're they're going to get away from the housewives.
Speaker 3: And now they're going to zero in all the gamers, well, the gamers.
Speaker 2: What what I want to tell the gamers is, Hey, I understand y'all are all about the game. I do get that, but we're also making a television show and you all lack of personality, you got you all, you all take gaming and you don't mix it with like show me your personality, show me that you can be funny, like make that, make that part happen, because this is actually entertainment.
Speaker 3: They don't care, they don't give it a damn. And now it is.
Speaker 1: And I quickly realized when I was there, I was like, Okay, I'm here to make TV and we know how to do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And I was, you know not. It wasn't long.
Speaker 1: I hadn't been off of Potomac that long. So I'm still in like TV mode for the past eight years, Like I'm here to make TV. I'm here to like speak up, I'm here to you know, So for me, I didn't have a strategy where it's like, Okay, I'm just going to sit here and be quiet, yeah, and not say anything and not bring attention to myself because.
Speaker 4: You see the people doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, and you know that can work for them whatever. But for me, I was like, I don't. I just don't know how to be in front of a camera and not do my job and not make TV. So when I was there, I quickly realized I'm here to make TV and they're here to win.
Speaker 2: A strategize to win a game. Yeah, well they need that check. Yeah, well I'm not going to speak for them, Yeah, I mean, we all need a chance.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't even think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's about the money in this game as much as it is about the fame and the notoriety that.
Speaker 4: They'll get from it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that, yeah, because you know, you know, I didn't think about that because I don't know who any of them are. So for me, I'm like, you're not getting fame here because I don't I don't know who the hell none of y'all are. Of course I know the housewives, of course, I know sand of all but like that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and it's funny how but no, the but.
Speaker 1: Think about it, Survivor is on CBS major network. Yeah, brother is watching CBS domain network. So just because you don't want and we're on you know, brivals on cables. So people definitely are into Survivor and they do you know, Survivor All Stars. They come back, they do more, you know, they have more opportunities to do Survivor. I saw them posts that they're doing a cruise of like all these former Survivor contestants and of course, like you know, they got people from the show are on this cruise. And so there's a huge benefit to being on Survivor and Big Brother, like just being a part of that CBS family. It's huge, No, it's it's huge, really huge. So just because they're not like people weren't talking about them and you know us weekly and stuff, that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean that, yeah, people know who they are. It might be better.
Speaker 2: It's definitely, probably so because they don't get trashed with the dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's not about their personal life. Yeah, sure's nothing about their personal life. It's all about just their gameplay and them and how they did on Survivor and.
Speaker 2: So, well, I just want to say this before we before we wrap up Traders. I mean, because if we haven't convinced y'all to watch it, you should be convinced. But episode four, I was watching it and I literally I have my phone in my hand. I threw my phone down and I said they won an award from that episode. Literally, like I was like, this is it? Yeah, so it's that good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know television well enough to know I know I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you haven't watched it, get Peacock or because they're not showing all of them on NBC, right, No, they.
Speaker 1: Just they showed two episodes on NBC and then everything else on Peacock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get stop being cheap and get Peacock and definitely watch it. And then after you do that, watch through Hostwives Potomac. Thank you so you can keep me in uh and Robin and employed speaking of Potomac quickly, I answer any question. I know you're going to answer that, but we're winding down the season of Potomac, ye, and go ahead. Yeah, and then the and the reunion is actually great.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, so we'll answer a few of these questions. Trevy Nick's Underscore says, how were you able to keep it together when everyone is accusing you of being a trader? You know, it's so funny, Like I actually found that to be exhilarating because so, first off, I'm used to people accusing me of stuff that I haven't done or being someone that I haven't done on you know, from being on Potomac for eight years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I've.
Speaker 1: Been accused of stuff that I'm not never did blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did it. Robin didn't just outdate it. Robin did not do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm like used to being accused of nonsense. But I found when, like when they were accused me, it was like exhilarating. Oh you think I okay?
Speaker 1: Well, like watch me, you know, yeah myself, Like I really and it's so funny. After the round Tables Boston Rob said to me, he said, are you a lawyer? I was like, no, I'm not a lawyer, but you know, I'm like, I was like, I was like, yes, let's get it. When he said when they turned to me, I was like, oh, let's go what y'all got for me? So, I, you know, I thought it was funny because in my opinion, I'm there to make TV. I'm like, none of this is personal. Not a single thing that happens is the gamers are taking it personal, right, And for me, I was like I found it as respect, Like, oh, y'all are coming from me. That means you find me to be someone that you are like, you know that is a.
Speaker 3: Threat or whatever, like a worthy opponent. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but the round table, it was exhilarating. When were and weren't you allowed to have use your cell phone? We did not have our cell phones. If there was a dark day, then we could have it for like.
Speaker 3: A little bit. That's all I can say. Yeah, that must bothersome toes out because I wanted to talk to Robin.
Speaker 4: So I was just that was mad, okay.
Speaker 1: Megan Bites says, do roundtable discussions get caught up, cut off after a certain amount of time or reach a natural stop?
Speaker 4: No, they.
Speaker 1: They don't cut them off. They just let us go and go and go and go. And of course you don't see everything. There's twenty two people you don't see. I mean, you know, you don't see a lot on the show. But I feel like you see enough to get the gist of what goes on. So, but no, there's no like never, there's no like rush.
Speaker 3: To like yeah stop.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems like Alan will come in and just like put it into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's I mean, he might. I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: Does he give us like a warning like players you have, you know, a couple of women. No, he'll cut he well, and what I saw he just he just came in and was like, Okay, that's enough, round table is over.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, who's his stylist, Like, who's doing the wardrobe for him? Oh?
Speaker 3: They're awesome.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're awesome, totally, Yes, they're awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's it seems like he's down for whatever. He's just like, oh he looks. Yeah, he's awesome. Just watching him work and like do his thing, it's all. It's awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: The production.
Speaker 1: I can't say anything, you know, like bad about the production people associated with the show. I mean it's like a top notch production. It was for me, it felt like it was like a movie. You know, who's the company's studio, Lambert Studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, and they had just.
Speaker 1: Finished filming the UK version, like a week before we came. Wow, like they you know, I mean, they just go hard for like.
Speaker 4: On top of you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny because because you do have a phone, you do have a number I can I can probably say this that's connected to a producer, right, So I texted that I had that number. When Robin was gone, I texted that number like I don't know, saying like are you okay?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Are you dead? Are you okay?
Speaker 4: And then like three weeks later she text me back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm like, bitch, what Robin's back.
Speaker 2: I just ignored it. I was like, lady, you're the worst that. Yeah, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, Robin. How did you get along with Dolores from New Jersey? I saw a couple of people ask that because they said, like, they don't really see us like interact that was from school only aries nose. Yeah, but but I think one of these questions was like I barely see you talk to Dolores. Oh, Dolores and I actually spent a lot of time together. But you know, there's just so many people you don't really get to see like every single interaction, and you know, we spent a lot of time in like.
Speaker 3: The vehicles and all of that. You know, so there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of interaction between everyone in the castle. And so Delorus and I got along really really well.
Speaker 2: That's great and just for people to know, like Dolores out of those Jersey housewives, she's extremely cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, So Dolores was awesome. We got along really well. Is it hard keeping things secret about the show while everyone is watching it?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is, because.
Speaker 1: Like I want to be able to be like well, like I don't want to spoil it for people, but like I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: It, and I'm even like here, I'm like I don't know what I can get.
Speaker 2: But you're used to that because like from Potomac, we can't we can't give away the season, we can't talk about it in tight airs. Like so, I mean you're used to it, but on Potomac things get leaked, I know, which is ridiculous. This is like, I don't know, This is like a different level of like.
Speaker 1: You better not say nothing, you bet.
Speaker 3: It's a level because it's it's tempting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like this question Bline Decay says, how long will Robin survive?
Speaker 3: I can't tell you that, but can you tell us now? Well? Yeah, I mean I think you can say something now you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny a right, Okay, So if you're listening to this, you will see that I was murdered in episode five.
Speaker 3: Because I am a threat.
Speaker 4: Yes you are. I'm surprised you lasted that long, but thank god you weren't. Derenda.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that ore Ion right, because they can't for them quick, Oh my god. And Torenda I think is so bad, Like it's so funny. Oh, Renda's on the Jimmy Fallon show like they's everywhere. They were like trying to make it up for right.
Speaker 2: But wait, did you hear that Derenda was pissed because her press tour in La was canceled because of the five because to render girl.
Speaker 1: Come on now, so they I guess they had to make it up for her by putting her on the Falon show.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know, but I'm like, oh, I know Derenda was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure she called people and that's why they put her on the Falon show. I'm sure she went ape ship yeah Dorenda, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: But can I take that first round table? When it was between me and Wells. I mean, it was like, I was like, oh my god, please don't let me go.
Speaker 2: But you but it shifted to Durrenda so fast, and you had told me Durnda was gone first. So I was like, Okay, when's the shift coming, when's the ship coming? And I saw it shift and I was like, okay, cool, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But when I was oh my gosh, I was just like, I just want to stay past the first day. I don't want to be the first one murdered, and I don't want to be the first one banished. And I was, damn near by the skin of my teeth the first one banished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 1: Carolyn was the last vote and she said well so I was like, oh, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, all right, we got one more question. We got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: This from Porsche Renee. Do you all really not have any clue what is happening?
Speaker 4: Yes, we have no clue happening. And that's the great part about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a beauty to it, Like they got to make sure you don't have a clue, because that can say filming Potomac and we don't know what's happened, Like in the moment, we don't know what's happening. We don't know what somebody's going to say, Like we don't know really what's going.
Speaker 3: I mean, right, you show up and you're like, what's going to happen? What's going to happen?
Speaker 2: So it and doing TV for a while, you realize like that's the best situation for television. Might not be the best situation for you because you might be to beat that night right, they're coming for you, but it's the best situation for television.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it is like I never wanted to like like I don't know, I don't I never want to know, like what's happening, you know. And even it's like I'm saying like I don't even want to like spoil things for people because I just think that's the fun part and like finding stuff out in real time.
Speaker 2: I used to threaten I'm so crazy. I used to threaten the producers like early on Potomac Ice, like if you all tell me what's gonna happen, then I'm not gonna have a reaction. They'd be like what I'm like, I'm just gonna sit there.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna have a reaction, So yes, I know I have a reaction anyway, Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: They don't tell me, but I do like not knowing, like what's going to happen. So now, yeah, we really didn't know what's going to happen. Dang, there was like one more thing I wanted to say. I cannot remember.
Speaker 2: Oh I think that it's a musty TV and get into it. If you were on the fence, now jump over the fence and just just get into Traders because it was great.
Speaker 3: Well, what I've seen so far.
Speaker 4: Has been great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it's it's so far so good.
Speaker 1: Definitely great and from what I know, like so yes, I was murdered, so but from what I know, I think it will be like the best. I think it will be like up there with the best season.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah. All right, Well we love you guys. Still, never forget to live your life.
Speaker 3: Either Reasonable or.
Speaker 1: Trader Shady Trader or both.
Speaker 3: Broad bye bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast Us, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten Giselle Bryant, and reasonably shady