Speaker 1: This is Serial.
Speaker 2: Killers episode.
Speaker 1: Twenty three, twenty three.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us today, friends.
Speaker 3: Why did you say twenty three after I said twenty three because I wasn't sure if you said it right.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the way you said it.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi Andrew, Oh, Hi Scott, and welcome.
Speaker 2: It's another fun field sweet episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: You like hugging yourself?
Speaker 2: No, I wasting it. I had an itch on my back. Oh okay, and I couldn't reach and I'm not asking you to scratch it. But so we're on like this lack of sugar from the last episode, so I need to load it up as much as possible.
Speaker 1: I'm very worried.
Speaker 2: I still don't feel good from that last healthy episode. I just did air quotes healthy.
Speaker 3: I loved some'more cereal. I actually have been telling people about it.
Speaker 2: Well, that was not the healthy one. It was the other two that we still have remnants on the board from when we spit out last time.
Speaker 3: No, I yeah, no, that's gonna be a hard pass for me on the all brand cereal that just as foul.
Speaker 2: Although we were still gonna do grape nuts. It's coming and my wife wants to guest on it so she can eat it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I'm not eating it. She can try it and bowl it up all she wants, so yes, So here we go. It's episode twenty three, like we said three times, and yeah, oh we did. Yep, Scott, you're Andrew or Scotti whatever you gonna call me. I don't care. Does Scotty be on Instagram, Twitter, Andrew Pug on Instagram Twitter, and Serial Killers PC on Twitter? Please follow us and those things. So this whole episode is backwards right now, it really is. We're just flip flopped it. So I'm gonna go down into the cereal sack while you chat for a moment. Be right back great. Oh wait wait wait wait? Do you want classic or new?
Speaker 1: You pick?
Speaker 2: No, this is always your pick. That's your job on this podcast. Is you pick classical news?
Speaker 1: Dont want too much else? Okay?
Speaker 2: Here? Would you like a coin flip something classic? Classic? Okay, here we go. You might be excited for this.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm always excited, Scott.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bypass all the rest of this healthy cereal. Ah you're ready? Are you ready? Yeah? You're ready? Alphabets remember alphabets?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I said in I think a couple episodes ago. I wanted to try them.
Speaker 2: Try.
Speaker 3: You've never had alphabets, whe I don't think so really No, hmm, it's kind of like alphabet soup.
Speaker 1: I never had that either.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, see this used to be a blue box when I was a child. I remember the blue box. It's a white box now that looks like a piece of loose leaf paper and it says wow, new improved taste. Usually when they say that they either took something out or reformulated it for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I love when they reformulate and then we taste it and it tastes disgusting. Look at sugar smacks.
Speaker 2: This it's from Post. I feel like it may have been another brand back in the day. I didn't do my research today. I'm sorry. I mean, I used to eat alphabets as a kid.
Speaker 3: But do you want me to just make facts up really quick? I'll look at the box, just just something, see it real quick.
Speaker 2: Did you know that there's a story in every bowl?
Speaker 1: You just are reading the slogan that doesn't actually.
Speaker 2: Open this up.
Speaker 3: Okay, so alphabets originally invented when you stopped eighteen forty two.
Speaker 1: You just shut up right from Sir Alpha.
Speaker 2: I'll fine, then here we go. I'm going to Wikipedia.
Speaker 1: No, please, I want to give it.
Speaker 2: I would like to get it. I would like to give out some cereal eat s alphabets facts.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sir Alpha from the wonderful, beautiful place of Austria. Will you stop the dumb created alphabits? No, because he brought his people here.
Speaker 2: Alphabetsch is a breakfast cereal made by Post Foods which contains alphabet shaped multi grain cereal bits. We know that that was marshmallows in nineteen ninety. I wish there still were.
Speaker 1: The grain comes from Austria Alpha's fields.
Speaker 2: Would you shut up? It doesn't. It's from the heartland of the United States and it was first introduced in nineteen fifty eight. Take it off the market in two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Why mumicals.
Speaker 2: But they reappeared in two thousand and eight with a new formulation touting zero percent sugar as a limited edition. What who would eat that? I would all right? Well, in twenty seventeen he came back News improved and that's what we have right here. Oh, larger shapes than the predecessor. Yeah, so let's bust it open. Wow, these are big letters.
Speaker 4: You're way too excited. Look how big they are. I can see Wikipedia wasn't lying. These used to be really little. You could barely make the letters out back then. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Well you can barely make the letters out now. But they're just bigger gobs of wheat. Sir Alpha would be proud. You're just talking stupid, now, are you saying that? Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Bets aren't austream.
Speaker 2: These are big.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I remember when they were little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pretty much the size of alphabets and soup alpha bets, alpha bet letters in Campbell's soup. All right, I need to take a breath. So I'm like all hyped up already, and I'm not sure why.
Speaker 1: Wow, just the thought of cereal really gets you hot.
Speaker 2: I guess it does. I've missed doing this. We didn't do one since yesterday. All right, so one percent milk coming up. What's the matter, Ranger.
Speaker 3: I'm just listening to you get so excited about cereal and it just makes me happy. Here you go, I feel like people are like a man and his dog. No, it's a man in his cereal bowl.
Speaker 2: Some of these aren't even letters, like this is a boomerang is what is this?
Speaker 1: These smell like frosted cheery.
Speaker 2: But that's not a letter. No, that's a cane.
Speaker 3: See that's where the concept of alpha bits fails because.
Speaker 2: Maybe by definition they are bits of alphabet, so they're not all full letters.
Speaker 1: I don't know you ready, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's weird because there's essence of marshmallow, but there's no marshmallows.
Speaker 1: You taste that, yeah, it just is bland has no real flavor.
Speaker 2: It tastes exactly like nothink. It tastes exactly like Lucky Charms, the cereal apart. Try it again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, take.
Speaker 2: Another bite, right, Yeah, there's new alphabits is Lucky Charms with no marshmallows. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: So, which is sad. It's a box of letdown.
Speaker 2: Of course it is because all I do is pick the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms. So basically, in my house there's a box that says Lucky Charms, but it's alphabets because there's no marshmallows. It I ate them all.
Speaker 1: Any if you're listening, he apologized.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I love marshmallows. So where are you going here?
Speaker 1: Two bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 2: I will go as far as three balls. It's not a bad Cereal. It's missing marshmallows. Like if there was alphabets with marshmallows, that's lucky charms. So I'll do three balls on post alphabits.
Speaker 1: They get sued shut down? What if they put marshmallows and alphabets?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, there's an aftertaste there is. You taste that right?
Speaker 1: It kind of tastes like pop rocks.
Speaker 2: No, now it does taste like all those like gases and drugs that you talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cyanide.
Speaker 2: There's a strange aftertaste, and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Two balls in a spoon. I backed it down, so take posts. Yeah, two balls in a spoon, all right, So let's move on to the new Cereal. Okay, this one I think you're gonna like.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Can I give you a hint?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: They're great? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, frosted flakes not original?
Speaker 3: Oh god, with marshmallows. Honey frosted flakes. Getting there, honeynut frosted flakes, Yes, honey. I don't know what about this one? Scott from Kellogg's What again, Your enthusiasm is just contagious.
Speaker 2: I love Cereal so much you have no idea like I. I'm so excited to be doing this podcast because I've loved Cereal my entire life and now I get to talk about it.
Speaker 3: The best part about this was that we really started this with no real goal.
Speaker 1: We were just like, hey, because you've been saying you want to see a podcast for the longest time, and then one day was it you who were who just said let's just review Cereal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was going to do a coupon podcast, but no one wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: They want to hear eat cereal.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's right. I mean I could save people money and all, but I'd much rather get fat and eat cereal made with real honey, naturally flavored with other natural flavors.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm into it, poor.
Speaker 2: I love the comic on the back. Here look at the little bee saying, hey, bae, what to the other bees? I want to see? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Look, did you know honey bees? Visit more than two million flowers just to make one pound of honey.
Speaker 2: You're doing a lot of work, they really are. And there's Tony on the back and his little bee keeper costume outfit there and.
Speaker 3: I say this again, frosted flakes, Tony the Tiger. They had to take it down from Twitter. They gave Tony his own account. They had to shut it down because that many people, that many furries kept going to it and being like, oh my god, Tony, you make me so hot.
Speaker 1: It's the funniest thing in the entire world.
Speaker 2: I'm all about the furries. And you know, she said nothing find a path through the honeycomb. But don't bug the bees. They're busy making sweet honey for Tony's delicious new cereal. All right, let's break into it.
Speaker 1: The one furry listener right now is like, my voice is being hurt. Oh no, oh God, Rookie mistake this.
Speaker 2: Oh. I don't like the smell of this. The bag ripped. This is a weak bag. Don't blame me. Kellogg's bags are usually pretty thick, and this is a weak bag. So I blame Tony. He's busy collecting honey and not making thick bags. Here, smell it.
Speaker 1: Get back to work.
Speaker 2: Tony maple again. I like it. Maybe smell can be deceiving. Oh, you got a black chunk in yours, but that's okay, it's probably just the corn. What I smell maple, I don't know. I smell heavy, heavy hints of maple.
Speaker 3: I just got a hint of a axe body spray as well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's spray that crap in here before.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: It's Kellogg's honeynut frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: I'm into this right here you go. The concept sounds good. Let's see.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can make honey nut anything. Ooh, you can make honeynut pebbles.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna say this before I take a spoonful by itself. Good with milk, smells like hot piss.
Speaker 2: It's summertime in New York City. I mean we're used to it, summertime streets here. You're Jesus, you're ready? Here we go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I like yeah, yeah, condos like buttered popcormcorm.
Speaker 2: It's a strange flavor when it hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't really taste honey nut.
Speaker 1: No three balls. I like the uh the hutzpah.
Speaker 2: That doesn't even make sense the way you use it. There, No, they should call this carnival flakes. But that's the flavor I think it is. It's kind of likes carnival flakes.
Speaker 1: Come and go back to how I use the hutzpah wrong, kutzpah, Yeah, what is it? I just it doesn't that mean like the they have like the the moxie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but that's you. You didn't say it like that, like you've got kutzba that means they have balls.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the way I'm supposed say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hutzpah, yeah, kutza.
Speaker 1: So not chutzpa, not chutzpa. This podcasts got a chutz bus today.
Speaker 2: You're crazy? All right, where you're gonna go? I'm still eating it.
Speaker 1: Three bowls there, shout out already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't hear you.
Speaker 1: You must have been so blinded by me saying hutsba.
Speaker 2: What we're really agreeing lately, because I'm gonna go three balls too. It's all right, it's middle of the road.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It is pretty good. Okay, Well, so we're now at that part of the show where we.
Speaker 1: Do this serial Killers listener request. I'm the listener.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. This actually is a listener request.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just gonna hope and pray my fingers across is a chicken and waffle cereal.
Speaker 2: It's not. We're not there yet.
Speaker 1: It's never gonna happen. It will just being teased week after week.
Speaker 2: So Mike and Mariah on Twitter, I don't know if you saw their tweets last night, but they are Midwest farmers. They're they're in the farming business. Oh and so you know farmers, they provide a lot of wheat and stuff like that. Yeah, to make cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Mike wanted us to do a corn cereal because he's a corn farmer. Love it or he helps out corn farmers or he does something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So and me, I'm very partial to it because he's an Iowa corn guy. And I lived in Iowa for a second when I was younger, legitimately a second. No, I was there for ten months in Cedar Rapid. Shout out to Cedar.
Speaker 1: Rapids, the whole city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lots of corn there. There really is. That You drive and there's just corn from miles.
Speaker 3: When we take this podcast on the road and do our cereal tour. Yeah, we will be stopping in Cedar Rapids.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So okay, we're on our way Cedar Rabbids. So corn cereal. I was going to call this episode when did I eat corn? But maybe we still will. I don't know, so I promise you or well, let's make a bet. Anyway, I would think or bet you that you have never seen or heard of this cereal in your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure it is a corn cereal. Okay, it's by Quaker. Okay.
Speaker 2: Quaker also located in Cedar Rapids.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: I used to pass it every day when I was going to work. I had a dog name Blazer at the time, and on Tuesdays they made crunchberry cereal. Not kidding, and he stuck his head out the windows and licked the air as we passed the Quaker factory. I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: That's so nice.
Speaker 2: And then a train hit me right by the Quaker factory in my car. The gates came down and the guy laughed at me. It was it really was a horrifying experience. Anyway, I'm gonna go in the bag and get my cereal.
Speaker 1: Is anybody else, like kind of shocked by that one. If you're still listening and you're this far in, Oh God, Scott's coming, You're right, But are you feeling well?
Speaker 2: Now? This cereal originated in the sixties, okay, and in the early seventies it had a partner cereal named Quake and the two of them would fight back and forth in the animated TV commercials Now, have you ever heard of quisp?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: No, you've never seen this before, never seen it? Okay, Well this is Quisp by Quaker. Okay.
Speaker 3: I just can't think of it without like thinking like either a little kid or somebody with a lisp is saying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a little space alien. He doesn't know what he's say.
Speaker 1: So the space alien has a lisp, yes.
Speaker 2: And he says quisp. That's all he can say, is quisp.
Speaker 3: Okay, if aliens ever invaded they have a lisp, I'm pretty sure I would laugh.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I know it went away in the late seventies and then it came back only like online. Maybe ten years ago.
Speaker 1: You could only get.
Speaker 2: It online, but now it is still in stores in some areas of the country. What is your problem?
Speaker 1: Just take me to your leader. All right, we're invading your planet, Quaker.
Speaker 2: Quisp, it is a sweetened corn cereal. Here you go, Mike, it's your corn. And it looks like kernels of corn too.
Speaker 3: Colonel of Corn. Can we only talk with a lisp while we eat this? No, great, I'll continue doing that.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Quake lost to Quisp, and Quisp continues on, but Quake did not. He was a big construction worker with a helmet, and they know it was flakes and these are chunks.
Speaker 3: It was an alien versus a construction worker. Yes, Oh, what the hell was going on during the seventies.
Speaker 2: People were eating and smoking lots of weird things. All right, So there you go. Here's your cuisp from Quaker.
Speaker 1: I like the smell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it smells like cap'n crunch.
Speaker 1: I was thinking more corn pops, but okay, you're ready one. Do you think that's delicious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, that's really good. Oh man, I may have only had this once before. Ever, it was a long time ago, so I couldn't have even told you what this tastes like.
Speaker 3: This gets four bowls in a spoon from me. Oh, I really like this.
Speaker 2: This is delicious. It's really sweet. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It gets four bowls from me, Quisp gets four balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a fan. That was delicious.
Speaker 2: And who Mike and yeah, Mike and his wife Mariah.
Speaker 1: Thank you Mike and Mariah.
Speaker 2: Thanks for farming some corn. It's putting it in the cereal.
Speaker 1: Absolutely delicious.
Speaker 2: So look for Quisp in a blue box in a store near you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just can't say that because it's not in stores near us.
Speaker 2: What I got it in a store?
Speaker 1: I thought you just said this was exclusive to like only the Midwest.
Speaker 2: No, you dope. I said that's where they grow corn.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was so blinded by aliens with lisps.
Speaker 2: I brought this on Long Island. And if you're at Cedar Rapids you can stop by a high V location. Maybe they have it. That's the big supermarket chain there. Oh okay, cool, I missed hy Vee. I love hy Vey It used to have Chinese food in the one by me.
Speaker 3: In terms of like best supermarkets is Public's good, Public's is great.
Speaker 1: I love Public.
Speaker 2: You got to remember supermarkets are very regional, you know, stopping shopping giant, same thing, but they're you know, over a lot of the country shop right, is a Northeast kind of supermarket chain. Public's is South Pigley Wiggly Love Pigley Wiggly.
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: That's like Midwest West over there that way? And then you have Vaughn's and and all that stuff in California and on the West Coast. There's lots of lots of chains across the country.
Speaker 1: Do you have one favorite more than the others?
Speaker 2: I love Shop Right, but I'm partial to Shop Right because I live here and that's where they are, and that's where I get the best savings. This episode's going really long. I know you want to hear more of us, but we have another one to do in a moment, which you'll get I don't know, a couple of days after this one, because we do release them on Mondays and Fridays, Yes, and we will pop a bonus one in every once in a while. Hint, after this one, we're gonna go record a bonus one, but you will have heard it weeks ago, so I don't know. I'm so confused with what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Hashtag more milk Mondays.
Speaker 2: No, I'm never doing that. So then what do we do on Fridays?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't want hashtag anything, hashtag no milk Monday, no follow us on Twitter, Serial Killers PC, That's Cereal with the C. Thank you so much for listening, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Andrew, Pug, Scottie B.
Speaker 2: Yes I am.
Speaker 3: If you found this podcast, have you subscribed to this podcast? If you haven't hit that subscribe button, make sure you leave us a review. The reviews help us. We love reading your reviews. It gives us constructive criticism that we so so neat in this vulnerable stage of our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes well, thank you and until next time. In the words of Quisp crunch, oh I was supposed to qunch Quench