Speaker 1: Moving forward to another Lakers player who.
Speaker 2: Is becoming less and less of a commodity, Anthony Davis. Is he on the trade block because, according to Bill Simmons, may be one of the dumbest smart people I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: He may be the hail Mary.
Speaker 2: That the Lakers are looking forward to save their season. They're talking about that he is available for the right price. According to his latest podcast, Bill says, this Ad just might be available. I don't know how close Bill Simmons is to like the Laker world, but the fact that we're talking about it means he's close enough for me to wonder and whisper.
Speaker 1: This is what Simmons said.
Speaker 2: So the Lakers lost again today, there's some buzz some buzzing that Ad might be availab that's the plan, b because the Westbrook trade or whatever they think they can get for Westbrook and whether you want to give up future assets, maybe that doesn't even make sense because what are you actually getting if you're the Lakers. Yeah, I mean, Buddy Heeled is a stump out here, like we know that, Like you're getting Buddy Healed and Miles Turner.
Speaker 1: I don't think that moves me.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure this rumor is gonna pick up steam. But the question is, like, he's making thirty seven million dollars a year, Are you fucking serious? His nickname is street Close, his nickname is Day two Davis. What team doesn't Every team knows this. He's missed twenty or more games every single year since twenty eighteen, including more than half the games the past two years. Who takes that?
Speaker 1: Who? Who takes that contract?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 1: Who wants to trade for Anthony Davis? Question? Question? Question?
Speaker 2: Who is gonna give you anything for Anthony Davis?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I want Anthony Davis for free.
Speaker 2: I have to pay him thirty eight million dollars? And what do I get back for that? Give me first round picks for AD? Good player when healthy? I think his healthy days are long behind him. And if we're being honest, I think Russell Westbrook right now is a more tradable asset than Ad.
Speaker 1: And that's saying a law a lot.
Speaker 2: With Braun looking bored, with Braun looking more interested in lying about the migos, we gotta talk about that for a second.
Speaker 1: Why does he lie so much?
Speaker 2: Why does Lebron James lie about things that are very easily disprovable, he said really quickly. A side road for the people. Didn't even think about bringing this up.
Speaker 1: He said he was listening to.
Speaker 2: The Migos in twenty ten. He is such a liar. He lies about everything.
Speaker 3: I'm listening to those guys for so long. I'm listen those guys my first year with the Heat and two out and tenant want to back then, had no idea what a migos was. They were like cursing me out when I would play it through like the weight room, will play it throughout the locker room. I was like, I'm telling you, these guys are next. I'm letting you know right now these days like turn this off, I'm going to hear this just fast forward to me, just just knowing take off personally and say mychadosas to Quabo and the family and the whole, the whole Kessy family and everybody.
Speaker 2: He's basically telling the world he was listening to the Migos his first year with the Heat in twenty ten. You can ask any one of my teammates back then. He always brings somebody else in there to co sign for his lies too. He's like, you could you could ask anybody, any one of my teammates, even though I'm a generational talent, and they're not gonna say no.
Speaker 1: Lebron's fucking lying. I did not say that. He did not say that.
Speaker 2: They had no idea who the Migos was, and I was like, I'm telling you, these guys are next.
Speaker 1: Twenty ten the Migos mixtape.
Speaker 2: The first mixtape was in two thousand and eleven, So tell me, Braun, how did you get access to the Migos mixtape, not their EP, not their LP, not their real disc in twenty ten when the thing didn't even come out in twenty until twenty eleven. He just unnecessary lies, and he always wants to pretend to be like some oracle. He always wants to say like, oh, I remember Kobe Bryant. I saw him warming up. I saw him light lacing up his shoes, and you can ask any of my friends, they'll tell you. I said that Kobe Bryant was gonna drop seventy maybe eighty that day, and you know what, he dropped eighty.
Speaker 1: It's like, stop lying. Who the fuck is Sam Hauser? Anybody know.
Speaker 2: Where he go to school.
Speaker 1: That's what guys always do Where did he go to school? Marquette Golden Eagles.
Speaker 2: Marquette Golden Eagles, so he could be the Celtics' greatest weapon, greatest secret weapon this year. Houser, like I said, small forward for Marquette Virginia six seven from Wisconsin, went undrafted in twenty twenty one, signed a two way with Boston.
Speaker 1: Spent most of last year.
Speaker 2: On the G League team, then he hooked.
Speaker 1: On sort of late.
Speaker 2: Played twenty six games last year as a deep, very deep bench player. Because I don't remember him at all, Brad Stevens and Ime Udoka loved him. Signed him to a three year, six million dollar contract, so he's getting paid and he is getting run right now. Thirteen minutes per game, six and a half, six and a half points, two rebounds, won a sis for thirteen minutes a game. That's pretty damn good. But it was the game against the Knicks where he arrived seventeen points for Sam Hauser, five for eight from three, and now he is a cult hero like Tacko fall Tatum even came and praised him with this post three celebration. He hit a timely three against the Knicks, and then he let loose with a selly that made Tatum repeat it after the game.
Speaker 1: What was it? He said? Boom, motherfucker. Boom.
Speaker 2: Howser dropped a boom, motherfucker on the Knicks, and Joe Mizzoula said, all they need him to do is shoot threes.
Speaker 1: He knows had a playoff of other guys. He can read defenses. He puts a lot of pressure on the defense, so it.
Speaker 2: Really helps our spacing. Jalen Brown loves him. Brown said, Sam's lights out. You can't leave him. We're looking for him. He works hard, He's developing a nice role for himself in this league. Yeah, I think you're gonna see a lot of Howser this year, So be ready for that boom motherfuckers, because this dude is gonna continue to chuck and continue to boom. That's all the time that we after the heat check. We'll be back Monday with an all new episode. No, we will be back.
Speaker 1: We'll be back Thursday. Move back Thursday, my bad, Let me do this again. That's all the time that we have for the heat check.
Speaker 2: We'll be back Thursday with an all new episode. Check out the feed for past episodes, which drop pretty much every day.
Speaker 1: Follow us the heat Check.
Speaker 2: As the season continues to roll downhill, do not forget to download, subscribe. Please tell your friends, every single.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 2: Follow us on social at this heat Check and at Trister Creek on TikTok. And a huge thanks to my producer, Nick Berlanski, who keeps putting up these mini episodes even at ten pm at night, anytime something big comes up, anytime we have an interview, and that helps you all. So thank you to Nick, and thank you to all of you.