Speaker 1: I Put with Alexia Napola and Marissa Patton, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hi guys, it's been a while. Maricel and I are back in I Put Favored.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome back, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: We've really missed you, guys. I hope you've missed us as much.
Speaker 2: Of course they did, of course getting dms that people miss us.
Speaker 1: Of course, been busy filming, yes, and there's so much to catch up on.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we always have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like so much has happened in our lives since our last episode of ipor Forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff happens on the daily.
Speaker 1: It's true. We would have to actually be getting on our podcast every day to updates.
Speaker 3: And you you might need to be institutionalized if you listen to us daily because there's too much going on.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the things that have been going on in our lives, because, as you all are aware, we are filming our season seven of Real Housewives and that keeps us pretty busy. And most recently we've gone on cast trips and we also did the Bravo fan Fest, which was a lot of fun because it was finally here in our city, finally getting some much time and respect, and it was really cool to have Bravo fan. I mean, it was a small version of the big Brabo fan that we've gone to in Vegas and New York.
Speaker 3: But hopefully it was a lot easier though when it's in your own backyard and it.
Speaker 1: Was different, well that is that is a big bark and a big plus, but it was a very small dimension of what really Bravo cons about. But the fact that we got to host it here in our city and we're filming was really really cool. We love that Auntie loves Miami. Well, Miami.
Speaker 2: It's like the hottest city in the country.
Speaker 1: Right. Who doesn't love Miami? Right? Everybody wants to be here. Actually everything traffic is horrible.
Speaker 3: Traffic's horrible, but everyone's moved here and it were just like the hottest thing in the country.
Speaker 1: We are, you know, and with that comes a lot of good and a lot of bad. We have so many new restaurants that I've opened up this year, I know, like two hundred restaurants. It's crazy. I can't I feel like that's the thing that everybody does nowadays, you know, I don't know so much about the clubs, but I feel like everybody loves to go to like a good restaurant, have a nice meal, and then it's like the ambiance, and then you stay and you hang out, maybe there's a DJ. So we're really enjoying that a lot, and so is everybody else that wants to live here.
Speaker 2: Or entertain at home.
Speaker 1: Well, you're really good at throwing parties, and I know you love that. You recently had one that I couldn't attend unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was very made, very sad. But all your gifts are over there by the door, taking from my party.
Speaker 3: I had a Christmas gifting luncheon and it was so much fun, and yeah, some of the girls could come. Only a few girls could come, and you weren't there, which made me super sad.
Speaker 1: I know. So don't think it's weird guys when you don't see that I'm in Marysol's Christmas party when you're watching. And because I was actually hosting something at the at the Beauty Bar at Alexei and Frankie's, Frankie decided to have a happy hour last minute at the Beauty Bar, and Marisa had been planning this party for months now because she plans with time and on very last minute.
Speaker 2: And then my date switched and then my date became your date, and then we couldn't go.
Speaker 1: To each other's right, So then the girls had to kind of like split up. But you guys will see that. I don't know that we can talk so much about the show whatever, but you know, for whatever reason, you guys love that honestly, like you guys just want to know everything about it. You know, It's so funny.
Speaker 3: I was just talking about this with Alexia. Everyone keeps trying to make us fight and we don't. We're not going to do it. Like they're always trying to separate us, you and me, and divide us and not have this film together and push us with other people and try and create a division between us.
Speaker 1: But it ain't happening. It's not gonna happen. Not going to happen. And you were speaking about that, you know, we you know that we have like, well, a new girl in the group and she's in your Housewives definitely show. J and Andy actually finally announced her at the Bravo FanFest and people like are asking us like around town, like do you have any connection to her? Like before the Housewives, and I mean me in particular. I when when they started recasting the show for season four, I had heard about her and her husband, and I didn't know her personally, but I knew about her and I always thought she would be a great addition, you know, to the show. I felt like she had so much to offer, you know, besides her lifestyle. You know, I think that she's a very you know, smart girl. She's empowering, and you know, I thought she was good. She's opinionated, she's strong, she's a Latina. So I always like wanted her to try her for season four. But we are like three seasons later, season seven, she tried out and she was selected, and we're very happy with that.
Speaker 2: We are very happy with that selection.
Speaker 1: But with that happening, you know, so well there's a new girl in the group, right, so what happens, so it shifts the whole dynamic of the group. But again, I think that we kind of needed that shakeup.
Speaker 2: We did, but it wasn't that bad of a It wasn't too bad of a shakeup.
Speaker 3: She kind of fitted, we can't, we can't, you guys, we're not talking about it anymore, right, No, I mean.
Speaker 1: We don't want to give too much away, nor can we, right, But I'm just saying, like it's the reason why we're sharing this is because it's public information already. When Andy announced her, and we do get off that, well, what was your connection? Well, you guys were going to have to see you know, I always knew about her Miami. Even though it's such a big city and it's going into such a big city, it's still like a tiny circle of people, you know. And I love that she's Latina and she's you know, she runs her company with her husband, and I think like she has a lot of things to share and good things, you know, to say, she's been a good addition, and yeah, excited about that. But you have to watch, yeah, and you guys don't have to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, So it's no secretcy. That's the thing. Like these shows are so different because when we started doing the show in twenty ten, there was no Instagram, there's no social media. We would actually get in trouble for sharing what we were filming. But nowadays they can't control that, right because we live in this world that everything's on like our phone and social media and even if we're not there and we don't post something, somebody else will do it. So it's no secret that we went to save Yes Pain for one of our cast trips.
Speaker 2: We had to sell cast trips.
Speaker 1: We have, but I feel like that was the best one. It was and by the way, where we're not going to I was gonna say more. You see, that's why I can't talk about the housewives, because you know, I have like we can get a diary of the mouth, and I talk too much and I just want to share everything with you guys, and I can't because I want to get in trouble. But anyways, I just thought it was the most beautiful trip.
Speaker 2: It was a good trip.
Speaker 1: Thank you Marathon, don't think me. And anyways, it was really beautiful. Thank you a breaker and one car Philippe.
Speaker 2: Thank you King.
Speaker 1: So it was really beautiful. You guys are gonna love it because Sevilla is a very, very beautiful city in the south of Spain, and that Lucilla.
Speaker 3: We did spend a day wearing Flamenco outfits and it was gorgeous.
Speaker 1: It's very picture incredible. Was that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you feel it's it's.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's a look that I've always looked on. I lived in Spain. I actually got to go. It's quite cool. So I had me with Seviano and I don't know, I just think it's so beautiful and it's so part of their culture and the dance. The dance is so sexy. And we got to dance Seviana Flamenco and and just hit the town and go to all the good restaurants in in Sevilla, which they will always remember us never.
Speaker 3: They're never going to forget us in Sevilla, and the audience isn't going to forget us once they watch that.
Speaker 1: They were probably saying, these crazy Americans are coming to our country and to our city. Well they didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I didn't call the Cuban, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I really feel like the audience is going to be so pleased when they see that we finally got like an incredible trip to Europe, which was way over dubile that took forever. Yeah, and I love that it was Spain because Spain is like for us Latinos, like our mother country. And I lived in Madrid for many years. My mother lived there for thirty years I still visited frequently. My sister was born in Salamanca, Spain. So I have such a dear place in my heart that I was so happy that I got to share it with you girls, because it was really incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really awesome. Thanks bro, Thanks for sharing your country with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's my country.
Speaker 3: You know, my step son's going to go to college in Spain now too, and I em for me too.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for him because he's gonna have such a great time.
Speaker 3: He's worked really hard to get good grades and he made it into the school he wanted to.
Speaker 2: So next year he's gonna be living in Spain. I'm gonna miss out.
Speaker 1: We know, we need to go visit him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I will go.
Speaker 1: We has to work, you know, I feel like everybody's figuring it out and everybody wants to move to Spain. I should have listened to my mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we never listened to our mother. You know, we'd been in a lot of different places, I mean, a much different place. We'd listen to our mothers. But I'm okay with where I am right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so guys, so right after our trip, just to Sevilla. Like if that wasn't enough, my friend over here thought it was a great idea to go on a cruise with the girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, we got, you know, a personal invite from Richard Branson. I'm like, who am I to say no to Dick?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Exactly? Well, thank you, thank you for your connection.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dick.
Speaker 1: Actually, I feel like that was our best trip ever because for me it wasn't like the whole experience. It's for me. It was also like we had such a good time and we did a great you know, the girls just needed like we we had so much fun. I feel like a cruise always brings like happy and joy. It's like you you think of a cruise and you think, like some were fun. You want to get wasted, you want to drink, you want to dance, and there's so much food. It's just like a whole party first thing, right y, Like you go with that mentality like you're gonna have fun. Like I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Has anybody had like a bad time at a cruise? I feel like everybody unless you get sick, Well you gotta go with fun people, right, Well actually did and we did you know. I feel like all the girls were ready for some fun. Yeah, and you guys will get to see it. That was a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Alexia.
Speaker 3: So last week was our puzzle and I didn't go because I have PADTSD from when I used to throw all those art bozzel events.
Speaker 2: Like I can't even think about driving into that ship hole.
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh my god, that disaster. Right, but you went, how was it? No? I actually didn't. You didn't know. Well, I was in the middle of it because before I'm living right now. Yeah, so it was traffic insane. So you know, we did go to one art party that we all went to in the friend group, and then after that, I just went to the girls for dinner and we had to go like somewhere by there because the traffic was so terrible. It takes you in two hours.
Speaker 2: Miami traffic's bad enough you throwing our buzzle or a concert at the arena, or a basketball game or a football game, and you cannot move. We need those flying cars.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be scary, especially here in Miami. People can't drive in a car flying card. I want one, like all these accidents got forbidding in the air.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I saw today. I saw drones dropping food off in people's yards. Have you seen the drones that do food delivery? It's so cool, so cool.
Speaker 1: I can imagine it could be really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, wow, fascinating. We're really jumping into the future.
Speaker 1: That's so scary. I'm not ready for that.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for it, and I want to sit on a drone and just be driven over the traffic in the sky.
Speaker 1: That's possible because it's ninety pounds, but like for other people, I don't know that. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: If it's gonna make money, they'll make it happen. That's you're own for heavy people to take them across town and don't.
Speaker 2: Just so so. But you also, aside from art Buzzle and getting stuck in the traffic, you were recognized by the Miami Herald as one of the six Miami based taste makers.
Speaker 1: How is that? Oh? That was fun.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you. Very well deserved.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was in the art Bozzel special edition that they put in the Herald.
Speaker 3: The Herald insert that's like, if let me tell you guys something. I used to have a pr firm and if I could get a client of mine in the Miami Herald Art Bozzele insert was like the biggest coup so for you to get in.
Speaker 1: There, thank you, it was huge. Right. I guess my hair is a piece of art because it was kind of like my thing like this like my sexy thing, like my beauty thing, and it's really my hair, you know. I feel like my hair identifies me. Well if everybody like the segment that I was in, it was like what I was recognized for. And I feel like people recognize me for like for many things, but in this case, it was about my blonde hair. Like I feel like a lot of people don't want like my blonde color. They want like my curls, they want like whatever they want my hair.
Speaker 2: I want your eyes. Your eyes are awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you. Once that come out, it already came out. Oh I tried it to come out. That was last week.
Speaker 1: Weeks the week right, and so it comes out right before our boso because it's like the answert like what to watch out for and like different things like that. So yeah, I was sorry.
Speaker 2: I was all busy and we don't get the hair out here.
Speaker 1: Neither do I, but my friends did. Julia brought me the even and Aina also saw it and she texted me. So a lot of people, which, by the way, I love the people still get a newspaper even though I don't receive it. I still love for people to receive I didn't go on my fingers and all over my shad. You feel like that doesn't happen anymore because everything's so advanced. I know back in the day I didn't like to read the paper because of that, and then right after I read it or touched it, I would make everybody go and wash their hands who had touched it. But with that being said, I still like appreciate that people still get, you know, the paper at home and they read it and and that's how I found out about it.
Speaker 3: Actually, I can't remember the last time I saw a paper in anyone's yard on this.
Speaker 1: Street and does everything online. But again I still think that I love the idea of receiving the paper be able. Maybe I'll subscribe to it again because I used to receive the newspaper too.
Speaker 2: What did you do with Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: So that was before Boso. So I am doing things for Thanksgiving because I actually loved that holiday. I never actually cooked myself because I think that in my house because we weren't American that way. You gotta let young no, no, no, you loved an American Thanksgiving. But what I'm saying is like my mother, like my grandmother, my family wasn't like they didn't know how to do the turkey, you know, like they wanted it, like it's hard to do good turkey, right, So we never we always celebrated Thanksgiving. And by the way, I love the American traditional Thanksgiving like I'm in a mota like that day for me is American turkey. You know, the corn bread, the stuffing, the cranberry, the mashed potatoes, the green beans, the sweet potato with a marshmallow. You love food. I love food, but I love good food, and I love Thanksgiving and American Thanksgiving like I have no patience for the people that is Thanksgiving and I want to eat like boyd, I'm like, can't you wait till like the twenty fourth or they want to eat like hip but not on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that time when we were in your house we were filming Season one and made the pig, and I love it. When I was eating all the crunchy skin, and they were they were like room tone, which means you're supposed to be silent. You can't make any noise when production tells your room tone. That means microphones are getting like.
Speaker 1: Thank god, they don't die anymore, by the way, I know.
Speaker 2: And all you can hear is me crunching.
Speaker 1: And then we saw a bo and then we saw like a hair because you know, the pig has like those hairs, hair vibers, and you're stop chewing. I just wanted you to stop because there was like a hair, and it's like the pig's hair, you know. There It was delicious though, I hair, But you know, I still after all these years, I loved the American Thanksgiving, and that's how I celebrated the American way. Like I don't want to have white rice that day or pork or black things. I'm more into that. What about you, I did you cook anything? No? I didn't.
Speaker 3: We went to the yacht club with Hunter and his girlfriend and my other step son, Garrett was home sick, and then we went Then they went to see her parents, and then Steve and I went to see his parents and his sisters, and she.
Speaker 1: Did more like.
Speaker 3: Turkey sandwich bar, but had all the sides. But then it was like build your own sandwich type of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all sides and then build your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was quite clever and it was a smart.
Speaker 1: Way to do it. I like that. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. I didn't have any of it, though.
Speaker 1: Would it look good? How you can every there and not eat anything? Because I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Hungry and I can hear him go, So I'm like, you I.
Speaker 1: Do that, guys when I love the food, I'm like, it's just just like you hear it and taste it.
Speaker 3: But when you take a sip of champagne or drink and you're like, like.
Speaker 1: It tastes so good. So, speaking of that, I went for Thanksgiving dinner because I wasn't doing it this year, like you know, as a family, just like with Peter obviously with Peter and his girlfriend and Frankie. So just as four and we went to Prime one twelve and it was spectacular. I mean, I feel like the steakhouses that day we want to go out to dinner. That's another thing, you know, I've been seeing that. I don't know if it's trending or not, because I don't really look at TikTok, but I can tell you Alexia is saying that I feel like a lot of people are going out to dinner for Thanksgiving and you know, just not like cooking at home because there's so much work, you know, and then all your guests just get there, eat and they get up and they go, and it's really hard to find help that day. Also, right, oh, nobody wants to work. So maybe since like or I'm living and stuff, it's very like touristy, so a lot of people, you know, from out of town. So all the restaurants were super full, Prime one twelve. The food was incredible, the best sides, and then you could choose whether like the turkey or like steak, but you know, we all chose turkey. It's funny by all of us chose turkey. We like love the American turkey traditional Thanksgiving. And then I run a tape and Jodie Lee's way with el and like our tables were write next to each other. So that was that was fun, and that was like really sweet because you know that Lisa is always so nice and sweet, and when she sees us, you know, we're like so happy to see each other. Yeah, and then we blew some candles for ell and our birthday. She had just celebrated her birthday like a few weeks before, but not like with the cake and stuff like that. So it was actually a really nice evening. And you know, because it's like you say, you know, sometimes it's like your friends or like your family. Oh my god. Yeah, so it was really nice. And she insisted for us to your and you know, Peter and Frankie love you know, we all like love each other and our kids. So you Logan was in New York, so she was missing Logan, so, you know, without even planning it, it turned out to be like a really nice, you know, Thanksgiving. So what are you going to do for Christmas? Uh, I'm not there yet. No, I'm not there yet. Christmas is a little bit more complicated for me. I feel like Christmas has always been like really I love Christmas. It's like my favorite holiday. But it's like bittersweet because it reminds me like when I was growing up, like when my parents were divorced. So it was like am I going with my dad? Am I going to stay with my mom.
Speaker 2: So hard when your parents I'm any more.
Speaker 1: Terrible, Like I would leave my mom, but I'll be with my dad. It was always like I was never happy. You didn't get up.
Speaker 2: I don't yes the twenty fourth and.
Speaker 1: Mode, but it doesn't matter, Like even if I okay, so if we celebrated the twenty fourth and I would be with my mom, but then that would hurt my dad's feelings. So then on the twenty fifth, I would be with my dad. So I feel like since I grew up with that, like from a divorce, you know, with divorce parents, and with that struggle, like I never allowed myself to be happy. Like to me, it was like I wanted it to get over it. I was like I didn't even want to the holidays because I knew it was always going to be a problem. And when they were going to be fighting for us, they both wanted to be with us. You're still carrying that with you. Childhood trauma. That's a real thing, baby, And you have your childhood traumas too. I do. I'm just very open and I talk about them. Some people don't, but for sure, that's a childhood trauma that has a lot to do with why I don't like certain holidays. And yeah, so for me, it's like I get excited because I love Christmas because it's so beautiful, like the meaning of.
Speaker 3: It, significant presents and buying presents and giving presents and getting presents.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. And it's also like and New Year's don't even get me started. I hate that day, like the last day of the year.
Speaker 2: Really, since when I always just about it.
Speaker 1: I never saw what You've never asked me because you don't like to talk about those things. Like, no, I know, Thanksgiving doesn't bother me. Thanksgiving is a different thing, but Christmas, I do feel like that. And and you know, and then New Year's for me, it's kind of like it's a last day of the year. And then you start reflecting about all the year, you know, everything that you you know, lived that year. It's like bittersweet. You're kind of excited what's to come. You know. I'm always welcoming and looking forward to the new year, and I'm always like, it's going to be a great year, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody goes into it that way. Yeah, turning the page, starting fresh.
Speaker 1: So but I to me, it's still it's like I think it's a day that's like overrated. Everybody wants it to be something that's true. It's always overrated. Yeah, and so I really don't look forward to it. Rather like last year we went on a trip. We actually were Madrid, trying to know our Madrid, and we had a great time. We had a great time. Johnny was there, and I feel like because I was on a trip from you, it was more like a trip. It wasn't like it's the last day of the year and you're in your house. Like I really didn't have to make acai, you know, I didn't have to think about it.
Speaker 2: Well, these are quite interesting and new and peculiar things that happen.
Speaker 1: You know, you're deep, my friend, You're very deep and quite to kill you. Well, no, I feel like a lot of people feel exactly like me, and you know no, and even like kids they came from divorce parents and lived in you know, they they've they've gone through that. So it's like you don't want to hurt your mom or your dad. If you go with your dad, then oh my god, I feel bad for my mom. But it's my mom gonna feel So I always felt I was always like in the struggle. And again, I had two very loving parents that adored us and they both wanted to be with us. And then you know, that's that's the story. And I feel like a lot of parents and children, you know, go through those things. So you know, just just be careful, you know, because again you didn't know I had that childhood trauma. Yeah, and you know, and I never really disgusted with my parents, but I kind of like don't like Christmas because of that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we need to like change this shit around. You need to enjoy Christmas. Christmas is such a lovely holiday.
Speaker 1: No, I love it, Like I said, it's like bittersweet, Like I love it to me, like the significance, the time of year, everything like you said, the presence, like the decoration, the energy, like I love it. But if you even read about it, there's a lot of depression in this time of year. So it's a lot you just want to be like, you go, hey, it's fun, it's so beautiful. You got to like it. Oh yeah, that's all great, but you can't, you know.
Speaker 3: And I miss my parents at Christmas and spending with my brothers. They do their own thing because now my parents aren't around. They always make sure we were always together for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter.
Speaker 2: But now my parents are gone and not forcing everyone together.
Speaker 1: Everyone does their own thing.
Speaker 2: So I just spend an hour with Steve and his family, and it's you know, there's always that boy, like, where's my family?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course, so absolutely so same. And you know, this year for me too, is going to be kind of strange as well, peculiar, like you like to call it, right, But I mean, anything can happen. I mean I'm always like open and happy and you know and whatever and accepting of everything. But I just feel like Christmas is a tough holiday, especially when you don't have your loved ones here like her parents. Yeah, and you know, and yeah, it's it's just hard. So what's your favorite part about celebrating Christmas?
Speaker 2: Getting presents?
Speaker 1: I love getting I like that part. And Steve's a.
Speaker 2: Really good gift giver. He puts so much start into every gift. Every even if it's a little thing.
Speaker 3: He'll have like twenty eight little presents and you know, maybe one or two are like really big, and then everything else is super meaningful. He remembers all these things throughout the year. That all will have said or just said that I like.
Speaker 2: And then he remembers and he has it and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you remember that.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, I listen to you. He's a good listener and he's a very good gift giver.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apart from receiving presents, we also love to give gifts. Yes we do. And we do an annual toy drive. And I know this year in your Christmas party you collected to so you were collected toys here. I was collecting toys at the Beauty Bar and we're donating them to Voices for Children, which is an incredible organization here in Miami.
Speaker 2: For foster children, for foster care foster children.
Speaker 1: And yes, we we love to give back, you know as well always what Well, you definitely went all out for your decorations. Yeah, because why she has like two Christmas trees. Well, I think you should even see one back here right now, as soon as you walk into her house, there's two beautiful Christmas trees.
Speaker 2: I had fifteen Christmas trees on my property.
Speaker 1: Like a winter wonderland.
Speaker 3: Was it was beautiful for my I had a Christmas reset recharge after our puzzle, so reset and recharge for Christmas luncheon. So there was you know, ivs and facials and treatments and gifts.
Speaker 1: And any way we do Christmas parties in Miami. IVS.
Speaker 3: Listen, after our basle, everyone's like dead, You're like flattened out. You don't want to do anything. You can't go anywhere, and then you got to get your energy back for Christmas and you don't want to get sick. So it was like a like a recharge on health. It was a health and wellness lunch and it was quite fun and.
Speaker 2: Everyone wored pjs.
Speaker 3: And we had a beautiful lunch and you know, it was good, and we collected toys.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: And I always go over the top and I like, I love a decor and themes and tabletop, Like I just go bonkers with that stuff.
Speaker 1: You're so good with that. I mean, I like it and I appreciate it, and I love that you love to do that. I used to be better. But you have to have a lot of time, you know, I have like a guta have the liking for it, but I just don't have the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to have the time to sit and imagine and come up with the diis and the creativity. You definitely need some time. I make time because I love doing it. You know, you make time for the things you love. You go on your walks. I don't go on walks because I don't make time.
Speaker 1: But you make time for Yeah, I guess we do. And that's really like what you story for. You need to do the things that make you happy and bring you joy and bring you peace and comfort. And you know, but I just don't like to walk anywhere. Let's make that clearer. I like to walk where I can see the ocean, walking with purpose, talking with the purpose. It's not so much like where I'm walking to. I like to disconnect, but it needs to be like a pretty walk like I love the ocean. You know, I feel like it gives me a lot of energy. And you know, while I'm walking, you know, I'm praying and I'm envisioning things and you know, so it's like therapeutic for me. Absolutely. So you know, I like it because it makes me feel good. That's how I like to do it too. I got to see something beautiful if I go on a walk.
Speaker 3: If you see me on a walk, which you might not ever, but if you do, know that I'm taking in the nature and I'm manifesting. So at the end of the year coming up, do you reflect on how the year went?
Speaker 1: Well. I feel like I'm reflecting constantly to right and thank you because my friends also make me reflect and I'm part of this friend group that I feel like they're always making you self reflect and you know, I feel like self reflection is a big part of growing and growth, and I've had a lot of growth this year personally in my own journey. Not because I wanted it, but it was necessary and it's what like I had to do, and I just think it's been really good for me. You know, I think it's really good. Sometimes you're the only person that can figure it out.
Speaker 3: You're always and the universe just hands your things whether you want them or not.
Speaker 2: Because they want you to learn and figure things out, and only you can figure to one.
Speaker 1: Me like I learned my lesson. Please, I know I talked to the universe.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, they have the universe has a mind of tone.
Speaker 1: It's not up to me, right, no, But you know, I feel like it's it's an important process. You know that we all have to go through you know, sometimes you have to go through pain, you know, to appreciate pleasure and enjoy. And you know, I think that all these life lessons just you know, make you stronger. So I'm always self reflecting because I want to be better. I want to be a better person. I'm always trying to learn more about myself and learn about those that I love. So and I love a lot of people, so I'm always.
Speaker 2: Trying to so many there's only a handful.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's like lettle money die. Like humans are, they're difficult. You know, it's hard to you know, to kind of like people understand everyone and a lot of times, you know, we love people and we love difficult people, so we want to like understand them better because you don't want them in their life. You know. Fixing is a big job and it's a big word. I don't think anybody fixes anybody. But I feel that you you know, you could get better. You know you could get better, and you can. Like I said, this entire year for me has been about self reflection, about self awareness, about just just thinking for everybody, what about for you? Like, don't you think it's been a year about like relationships, or maybe that's just my phone that listens to everything I talk about I think, and everything I get is like about you know, self care, self love, relationships, and and my awareness.
Speaker 3: That's what you're looking at. And when I was looking for help in that genre and that moment in my life, that's what was coming up on my phone.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do we turn it off? Okay, I already got.
Speaker 2: On, honey, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, phone, yeah, I done.
Speaker 3: Mine shows me like cooking recipes and people was extreme plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting on my phone. People are doing some weird shit to themselves. That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, we don't have time to talk about Lindsay Lohan's transformation, because it's pretty good. I think I'm going to book her doctor. She looks good. Well it's the same doctor. But she's very young. She's thirty eight. Well, I mean she has just super young. She shouldn't have had any such jobay, but she in her case, she started doing a lot of these people start doing a lot of things at a very young age, which we didn't do. So of course she's thirty eight, but she looked like she was fifty.
Speaker 2: How about Donna Tella Johnna?
Speaker 1: That's photoshop, isn't it? Because that I don't know, No that I don't think that that's I think it's just photoshop. In Lindsay's case, I think it's real. Just like Demi Moore and Broad Pitt. I believe they all went to the same doctor. And we need to book them before all like booked for the.
Speaker 2: Last ten years before his hands break.
Speaker 1: And what about you? Have you done any reflection this year?
Speaker 2: Not really, I'm feeling pretty good.
Speaker 1: I hate you how hard it is to talk to her.
Speaker 2: But I've reflected in the past on many things. It's not a reflection here for me. It's like savoring living in the moment. And I'm loving where I am right now. You know, I'm not in a reflecting moment. I'm going to enjoying the moment.
Speaker 3: Cheers to that, and God bless hope I stay in this moment because I don't want to go back to those reflecting moments.
Speaker 1: They're hard. I mean, they don't have to be painful like moments. You know, they could be a little bit of everything. But I just feel like, unless we take that time and we self reflect, there's no growth, and we want to continue to grow in every aspect of our life, you know, not only in our personal relationships, but you know, in our professional as a mother, as a daughter, you know, like just like in general, as a friend, you know, as a humanitarian, always so many things.
Speaker 3: You know, I always want to be better and better than I was. Yes, always, So yeah, you know that. I guess that's a form of self reflection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I feel like the good thing about both of us is that we stay positive. So for the new year, for twenty twenty five, my mindset is always positive, optimistic. Yep. I know God has a planned and I've always known that, and you know, whatever it is, I'm ready for it. I'm accepting it, and I'm embracing it. And I'm just grateful because you know, we.
Speaker 2: Got to be grateful every day every day we wake up, all.
Speaker 1: Is good health. All we need is good health so that I can be here around because I need to take care of a lot of people. But yeah, you know, I'm I'm I'm happy, you know, I'm happy where I am today. Good, And it was like until I want to be herry, Yeah, and I'm looking forward to twenty twenty five too.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about twenty twenty five. I feel like some good shit's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I feel like we say that every year, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Really like feeling like good vibes for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Good because you know what, it's been a hard year, not only for me, but for so many people. Yeah, for so many people. And I'm grateful. I'm not even complaining or like acting as a victim at all, because I have a great life and I'm grateful as long as I have good health. Everything else is secondary and I know that. But you know, I'm always gonna I'm always going to stay optimistic and positive. Like that's just hard. That's something about you.
Speaker 3: I actually learned to be more positive and optimistic through you. You're always positive, You're always optimistic.
Speaker 1: Yay, bro. No, I mean it's the only way to live. I mean, like, life is hard. You know, life is hard, and it's harder for some more than for others. Yeah, so the only thing you got is your spirit and you cannot let anybody break your spirit.
Speaker 2: And hell no, don't let anyone break your spirit.
Speaker 1: People, you know, we're gonna have bad days and that's okay. And we're gonna go through shit and that's okay too, as long as we learn from it and not make the same mistakes. But you know, we need to stay strong, and we need to stay grateful, and we need to stay positive.
Speaker 2: Did you do you make Do you ever make resolutions for New Years? Or do you just skip that whole thing?
Speaker 1: No, what I'm making resolutions are your long Like for me, it's not just like, oh, the end of the year, because I feel like a lot of people it's like the end of the year and it's like, okay, let's write our goals. Let's write the resolutions. I want to work on this, that and the other. I feel like I have I do this like month to month or even weekly, you know, like I'll be driving I'll be like, Okay, I need to work on this this and not this week. You know, it's good to be prepared mentally and kind of have like a mental list saying, well, these were things that I did in twenty twenty four that I really want to work on for me personally. But you know, I feel like that resolutions too is like overrated. It's like, okay, it's like a way to like I'm going to write this that you want to keep something, and it's the same stupidity like oh, I want to lose weight, I want to work out, you know, you know, blah blah blah. Right, yeah, well now with those impic I'm sure people don't even put that anymore. For me. Instead of resolutions, I like to use the word goals, like I like to like set goals for myself, and then what I do is and actually I owe a lot of that to Todd because Todd loves to do that as well, and so we would do it sometimes as a family. We did it a few times as a couple. And so what I like to do is do like general broad goals. It's so funny because I would do them for like Alexi and Frankie's beauty bar. Then I would do them for Alexia personally. Then I would do them like it's my relationship, and then I would do them with my kids. Like what I want to call it a work. It's a lot of work, baby, And think what it brings you, like self awareness, like it kind of like you connect and say, wow, these are like a lot of things, but you know how gratifying it is to like sit there after and check everything off and say I did this, I accomplish this. So this year, because I have a lot of things that I want to do with the beauty bar, I'm going to make those goals again.
Speaker 2: Of course you are.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make those goals again, especially a lot of marketing things I want to do. So for the beauty. It's so funny because for me, for the business, it's always easier to check it off, and the personal it's harder.
Speaker 3: It's harder well because sometimes personal depends on other people and then you can't control that.
Speaker 1: And because I'm so exherented, like what's axpherenting, demanding, demanding. Yeah, like you know, with myself, I feel like I'm hard on myself. So I'm like, okay, whatever, me too. Yeah. So I'm like, it's just easier just to like hire a social media manager, hire three more girls, you know, send us one to training for lashes, like for that, Like I could get all that done like in a week. But then the other stuff that's kind of like ongoing, like about yourself and your life, that's that's a little bit more work. Listen, We're working progress.
Speaker 2: Every damn day is a work in progress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think we're going to wrap it up, and you know, we really want to wish everyone a my Christmas, happy happy Holidays, Happy Holidays exactly, Happy New Year. And this is our last episode for this season, but we'll be back at you in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Thank you for all of your love and support throughout the year. We've had so much fun connecting with you guys. Thank you for listening to us, for all your love and support. We can't wait to come back next year and keep on sharing our lives with you guys, and our opinions and our big mouths, and we wish you only the best.
Speaker 2: We wish everyone the best in twenty twenty five. See you next year.
Speaker 1: Bye, guys, I go follow on Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward Podcast.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars at Taluelo a Stella Proxima