Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Score and touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings sports Book app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves, that's Code Money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbridgin did you visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York Call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text Hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As we wrap up Wild Card Weekend, the Rams do a demolition job seven to nine on the Minnesota Vikings. I remind you of fourteen and three Minnesota Vikings. So much for that receding, but anyway, the Rams move on. They're moving on to Philly to take on the Eagles as they win twenty seven to nine over the Minnesota Vikings. Please thank you, I am your favorite On Shannon sharp that guy kicked off a little bit. Is your favorite Bengal The Ring of Famer, the Hall of Famer and the Ringles as the excuse me the Ringles the Bengals Liberty City Legend. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed.
Speaker 3: Wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: We want to thank you for your support and your continued for support in twenty five and beyond. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stop. Hopefully your team is winning in the playoffs and you have an opportunity to celebrate. What better way to celebrate than with the bottle of Shade by Laporti eight. If you cannot find it in a city or state near you, order it and we will ship it directly to your door. Please please DrAk responsibly go follow my Meadia company page on all of its platforms. That's Shayshae Media and my clothing company. Eighty four our newest release, with eighty four being spelled out. Our newest release just dropped last month. We got shirts, sweats, beanies, coosies, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please or the yours Wild supplies last tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans. It's our first bring tour stop and the tickets are on sale now. The Lincoln pinned at the top of the chat. February the sixth in New Orleans at the Mahela Jackson Theater. Be there, you don't want to miss it. Both Nightcap and Club Shasha have been nominated for NAACP Image Awards. Nightcap was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts, Arts, Sports and Entertainment. Club Shayshae was nominated for Outstanding Post Society and Culture. Please go vote for you guys. The lincolnfending our social bios o Cho. Before we get into the game, there was a lot going on today s SM Shae Shape Media. We add an addition under our umbrella. We're going to produce and distribute Humble Baddies uh and a lot of speculation is going on. To tell O Jo about this situation, I didn't know I was supposed to tell were running a business here, and no, I did not tell Ocho. I didn't feel I didn't feel I needed to tell O Joe we're running a business, and when you run a business, you do what's in the best interest of the business OCHO.
Speaker 5: Not not really in the best interest in business. We're a partnership, you and I. We started, we started Nightcap. If we're there, yeah, if we are partners anything that has to do with something that was a part of my life, which is including her, and she leaves my life, that means she's no longer a part of what I have going on, that's including Nightcap. So just because you and I from a relationship, from a football relationship to a business relationship, if she decides to leave me.
Speaker 1: In my life, that means she's gone.
Speaker 3: So you my dog. So that means I didn't say that. What I remember saying that old this conversation that.
Speaker 5: So you're not even standing on business about what you said and how you.
Speaker 1: Live based on your your your morals and the way you operate.
Speaker 2: I lied a little bit. Oho this business. We're trying to make I'm trying to make money. Don't you want to make money?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to make money. But listen, all money ain't good money. All money ain't good money. That's that's something that you didn't have to do as matter of fact, if you were going to do something like that, something like that, you know how I felt about the situation already.
Speaker 3: She left. She left, So if she decided to leave me.
Speaker 5: To sign her and not even running by me and let me know something, give me your heads up, give me, give me some type of warning, let me know.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I signed her side Rail of her girls to a contract. I'm letting you know.
Speaker 1: Here you go with the bullshit.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I just hold on, hold on, no no, no, no no. You told me when you leave, you done. That's one less expense. So I figured I was like, well, oh Joe, don't really care, so let me go ahead and make this happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm seeing how you got to understand. You got to understand where I'm coming from. It's it's about It's about principle. You know, you you supposed to be the dog.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you.
Speaker 5: Dog that, you gotta play that different. You got you gotta play that different.
Speaker 2: So, all things being equal, how should I have played this out?
Speaker 5: Boom hit my line, ring, ring, ring ring.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: You remember back in Atlanta, Uhrail and I had a conversation. She had a podcast and she was wondering if I would be interesting in having my company produce it and discribute the podcast. She said, she talked to you, she said it was okay. I said, sure, Rail, let's talk less, reconvene. Uh you and I asked to jump on a call on Monday, which we did, and we has we discussed it, and we finally got everything. You know, we got them what they needed. We're gonna produce the show, We're gonna distribute the show, and uh, you know they're gonna do it, Ahuter a couple of times a week. Instead of the one time a week, they're gonna go twice a week. And she was really excited about this. She said, you were excited about this. Now once once we start down in agreement, I got to be a man of my work.
Speaker 3: I say, yes' going to do whoa time out? Time out? Time out.
Speaker 5: When you guys had that talk, when I was excited about the opportunity for her to join under the unbred media, you know, doing a thing. I listen, I'm happy for her, But once she decides to leave me, When she decides to.
Speaker 1: Leave me, she leaves us. She leaves anything that has to do with night care media.
Speaker 3: Huh, she left you, she was still with she shed media.
Speaker 5: So see you see I'm talking about principal alone.
Speaker 1: If she leave me, then you should be like, listen, I can't.
Speaker 3: Work with some mother. So I had already given up it. Oh you did? Yeah? How much was it? How much?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I would get. Whatever that advance was, I'll give it back to you.
Speaker 5: But I just thought, I really don't think that's a good luck because now you know, we if we're in the rough patch right now, right and.
Speaker 2: Huh we oh you and her, I thought you talking about you and I were a rough patt were good?
Speaker 3: Were good? Were good?
Speaker 5: I mean, if I was in front of you, we would have had a tussle today. Though we would have had a tussle.
Speaker 2: First of all, I would beat hell at you because you already over fifty two hundred dollars and you try to take more money in my pocket with RAYO.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, the fact you definitely ain't getting no money. Now, you're definitely gonna have to get blood that you ain't runn that bat.
Speaker 2: You ain't okay, So you said I gotta take it in blood.
Speaker 3: That's the only way you go get it. Don't mind if I do. I don't mind it I do, so.
Speaker 5: Stop trolling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure.
Speaker 5: Y'all gonna subscribe to Humble Baddies podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you say shape your U and we love y'all. Thank y'all for the support. And he is our number one supporter. He was the first one to subscribe to Humble Baddies.
Speaker 5: Hey, but listen, listen, listen, people in the chat. I was trolling a little bit earlier today. Now listen, this is all business. I understand business. It's all about putting your people on, you know, allow them to allow them to the flourish and whatever endeavors that they have. I was a supporter of this, but this is not change things. No, this is not change things. The foundation, the forefront still needs some work, you know, it still needs some work. But I am Yeah. But but anyway, I'm happy, happy, colleagues. I'm excited for that show. I'm going to be producing and doing the editing.
Speaker 3: That's what we're not going to allow to do that.
Speaker 2: Now you welcome, you welcome to join in and be a guess have you a little guest bottle there. We are not gonna let you edit. You're not gonna let you produce because I'm.
Speaker 1: Here to be a supporter. I'm here to be a supporter, you know.
Speaker 5: And if at any point she wants to, you know, reconvene and and uh and reconcile our differences and you know, I sit down and we'll we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: But that's great.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have been Reel's biggest supporter because you brought it to us that Rail wanted to be a part of shay She media. And when she mentioned it in Atlanta, Uh, I was like, let's reacon Bean on Monday.
Speaker 3: We actually had this conversation. H you mentioned it to me.
Speaker 2: Uh, Real had you know, she had us doing her thing, and she wanted to put it in somebody that have the infrastructure that can make the thing be what she believes it can be with her and her partners. And I said, okay, let's talk to Real. Real had a conversation with me. I said, well, let's talk you and I and I ask you to get on the phone on Monday and we'll have a conversation and if we can see if this is something that can work. But Real, this is a lot of work I mean, this is not something that you do if you really wanted to be successful with you found out, O Joe, this takes a lot of work if you wanted to be successful. Now, if you want to do something of a hobby and says, okay, I got a little mike, got a camera, and I want to do something twenty thirty minutes a day, that's fine. But if you really want this thing to be successful and to want it to grow, you have to devote a certain amount of time to it. And knowing real her background, how she turned a real estate thing into a big deal. She has a show on Netflix that's coming out I think in a week or two. Ohoe, So I know she's going to work to make it possible. But what I but the thing is, but you see, O Joe, you get an opportunity to see, You get an opportunity to see how people want to tell you apart real quick, don't they?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: See how they jump you see how they jumped up there so far trying to rip you in our part. So now you see everybody tell me, oh I love n cap know they don't know, they don't And ain't guy all y'all that got that thing or there might be trouble brewing in Nightcap and UNKI and Ocho. We appreciate that that pub because there are certain guys out there could y'all spend a lot of time talking about Shannon Sharp, talking about what Shannon doing on yr fan, what he's doing here, what o Cho's doing. We really appreciate that. Now, how y'all looking, and how y'all looking right now?
Speaker 1: It's all love. It's all love.
Speaker 5: It's all love for all our competitors out there. You know how I feel about y'all. Still love you anyway. There's a big plate and there's enough for all of us. See, there's a seed. You know, you need to understand that. And something about before Nightcap, Before Nightcap, before it was ever came about, Shannon Sharp was a friend of mine. Shannon Shark will always be a friend of mine. You know, business I will never allow business money to get in the way of that. Never, I've never been wanting to fall out about stuff like that. There was an opportunity that presented itself. Obviously, missus and I, you know.
Speaker 1: We we were going to be going through.
Speaker 5: Some rough time right now, you know, you know, but when it comes to business when it comes to continue to elevate her in her career, what she has going on, all for it, even though we might not be seeing eye to eye right now, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Before Shan before I got here, and and Shape Shape Media Club, Shape Shape Nightcap took off. How many of those people that had podcasts mentioned Shannon Shark before this thing took off? With You and I o Cho? How many of the things? How many people mentioned o Cho and Shannon Shark? Right, it seems to me that the only content that they can create itself made is you and I. You and I have a disagreement by you coming late, you and not disagreement about the players or something you disagree I disagree.
Speaker 1: Great question.
Speaker 5: Can I say something real and it's it's feeling the chat people in the chat, and this is for you and and our team, you know collectively.
Speaker 1: I'm never late. Actually we just started to damn Ray.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: I ain't never late, you know, you just started to God, damn Murray.
Speaker 3: We kind of have a floating time.
Speaker 2: We kind of like wan to start between these times, but sometimes, oh Joe, float past that. But this is a great opportunity for real there's gonna be more. That's gonna be more, uh people that's gonna join U Shape Shape Media. We got meetings with a lot of other people, uh coming down the pipeline. So in the near future we're gonna add probably one, two, maybe even three. By June, we'll have three more up front of the umbrella that we'll produce U we'll distribute and go ahead, O chap.
Speaker 1: I have one more thing.
Speaker 5: Now, I understand this is business, right, and I'm all for business, and I'm all for making money, you know, and sometimes they see all all money and good money the hell it is in this economy, Well, if I can get is there anything, Is there anything we can structure in her contract where I can get a certain percentage based on a finer's feed.
Speaker 3: Because what railed you to give you out of her out of their cut?
Speaker 2: That between you and Rail, we're gonna, we're gonna what we're gonna do. Go get her checked every month. That's all I got for you. That's between you and Rail. I ain't got nothing to do with that. No, I don't play. The one thing I don't do is I don't play. Look, I'm not the government. But now, unless we get something from the government, from the agency that say we need to guarnish rails wages.
Speaker 3: Right, I ain't touched that.
Speaker 5: But let's let's let's pretend my name is let's pretend my my my last name is Sam and my first name is uncle.
Speaker 1: So n is a small percentage of a.
Speaker 5: Finer's fee and whatever she gets monthly, and just send it to me if that's okay.
Speaker 2: I ain't mess with rail money like that. What Rail said, well, come on, camp, what you say real?
Speaker 3: I saw him?
Speaker 1: I said, good thing that check ain't going to share.
Speaker 2: Going to I said that l l C reil Real Rail Rail as a LLC, so another word, rail as a business. So Reil Rail will get all of the money. Rail will then be responsible for the taxes on said money.
Speaker 1: You know, I know how to get around taxes and all that.
Speaker 2: That between you and rail. How y'all get right of that't got nothing to do with my company. I Am not going to have them take lock my issue up if it with you. Hell now, that's between that's between you and Rail. But we are excited about having the Humble Baddies podcasts up under the she She media umbrella. We're very excited about rail of her team.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa time out time.
Speaker 5: Now, if you're baddie, you can't be humble, So we might have to we might have to change the name.
Speaker 2: Now they're saying they baddy, but they humble. They don't be out there, you know, tell about Yeah I'm a bad be and all that other stuff. Y'all know what y'all see the way we walk, y'all, see the way we carry y'allselves, y'all know what it is this.
Speaker 5: One here, like the way she the way she talked to me. You know, at some times I don't don't think God would like that. I don't know, especially now, especially because a little different. You know, you know she see me and she viewed me in a different lens right now, so you know, she she got the mouth to saying sometime.
Speaker 3: You look, you understand what you dealing with.
Speaker 2: Look, when you deal with a stepper, when you know that there are other that that she's a looker. Yeah that no matter where you go, whether she's with you or she's a loan, people are gonna look.
Speaker 3: Men and women. You accept that, and you wouldn't want her if they.
Speaker 2: Weren't looking right, I'm a step or two, but you exactly hold on that.
Speaker 5: Let's let's not forget. Let's not man made me come up at this shirt.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, oh yoa.
Speaker 2: But when they in a high on the in the pent house, if it costs the many, its gotta be great. Right, you got marble, you got hardwood, Okay, yeah, if you a pen house, your accessory piece gotta be up the park.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know what they saying, what they say, you.
Speaker 5: Know they saying they can tell how much money and man got based on what he got on his here for sure? Yeah, what on his here?
Speaker 6: On his here?
Speaker 3: See, I'm talking about what you said.
Speaker 1: I'm telling her what I just said him a little friend, you know who.
Speaker 5: You can tell how much money dude got based on who he got on you know who you got on your here?
Speaker 1: She's about ain't number of bones on that hill.
Speaker 2: I So, guys, please go subscribe to Humble Batties YouTube page. The links pinned at the top of the chat right now, so again there it is right there you graduations.
Speaker 5: Congratulations Reil, Congratulations to the rest of the ladies. Congratulations Ash and what what's what's his name? Alexis Yeah, but Dog Alexis and Ash congratulations, you know I could be let me be against let me be a gainst because I got I got something to get off my chest.
Speaker 2: No banning. All right, let's get into the game. But again, congratulations Humble Batty. But their their podcast Reil Ash and Uh Alexis. Those three have a podcast that's gonna be twice a week up under the Sha Media brand. We'll produce it, we'll distribute it, but they have they have creative control over it. So uh, that's the way they wanted it. We were glad and we could be a part. Glad we can come to an agreement. So we're very, very excited to have them up under the Cha Shea Media umbrella.
Speaker 3: Now to this game.
Speaker 2: The Rams defense put on a dominant performance against as the Rams routed the Vikings twenty seven to nine. The Rams now will travel effects Philadelphia on Sunday in the Divisional round of the playoffs. The Rams tied the NFL postseason record with nine sacks, and they were coming tonight and they can swing. They never Gallimore is that never gal That's never Galamore to play with Dallas. Wow, he didn't do that with Dallas he had one and a half sack. B Young had one and a half sack, Hawk had a half a sack. With a Spoon had a sack. D Rant had a sack. B Johnson had a sack. Fist had a sack. Didn't Birds have one?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 3: Oh jaf.
Speaker 2: I guess they took his sack. But they were all they were all over tonight. They were really all over Sam Donald. He didn't have an opportunity and then he fumble gave up a Scooper score and that would that would really it. But this defense, Look, we know the Rams can pressure the quarterbacks, but we didn't see this, not.
Speaker 5: This matter of fact. Yeah, what we saw for the Rams to night. Oh I'm gonna be listen. They guy there in front four, the two rookies on the outside, phenomenal on the inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, phenomenal players.
Speaker 5: Now, when it came from a defensive standpoint, I gave the ads to the goddamn.
Speaker 3: The Vikings their pressure team. Yes, because he's a.
Speaker 5: Pressure team and most of the time ninety eight percent of the time they get to the quarterback make him uncomfortable as far as his decision making and rushing throws. So that's what I thought, I'm gonna see the night. Oh, but I'm looking at the game like what in the world is going on? And just like you always say, no matter how you play in the post, I mean, no matter how you playing the regular season, when you get to the postseason, it's one game.
Speaker 1: If you got fourteen wins, if you got eight wins, you got nine wins in just one game. And what team is going to show up to night? And the Rams showed up the night that God damn Pool and the cool a.
Speaker 3: Boy, hey, they got got a pool.
Speaker 2: Cuh Higby made some big time catcher Cooper Cup only had Cooper Cup had one target. It was a big time catcher, twenty nine yarder. Obviously, Kyrienn Williams had a receiving touchdown. He ran really really hard. Look, the Rams struggled. If you go back and look, I think they started the season one in four bad everybody, Yeah they were, and then all of a sudden they got hot and they did not and they did not look back.
Speaker 3: Stafford started playing better, but it was that defense.
Speaker 2: The defense started generating pressure, taking the ball away, creating turnovers, putting their offense on short fields, and the guys started capitalizing but o Jo, they play like this here. I don't know if twenty two I don't know if twenty two points is gonna get it done for phil It they're gonna have to play better than what they played against Green Bay.
Speaker 1: I said that yesterday.
Speaker 5: I said that yesterday, and I had people in in you know, in the chat or tweet mid to day, who you say, who you say not gonna be able to score or beat Philly not scoring.
Speaker 1: You need to be able to put up numbers.
Speaker 5: You need to be able to put up because when when you come in there next week, you're gonna have to get Davonte Smith involved. You're gonna have to get A. J. Brown involved, because my high powered offense was what I'm talking. I'm gett ready to say, Sam Donald with Matt Stafford, Hooper, Cup Kingwan Williams, the tight ends.
Speaker 1: Everybody it's involved in that offense.
Speaker 5: The Eagles got the mass, that energy, they have the match of that energy and get contributions from everybody.
Speaker 2: O Jo, they're gonna have. They're going to have to run the football to slow that pass rush down. Because see the night they really couldn't Minnesota really couldn't generate a rush so they threw caution to the wind. And once you see blood in the water, this sharks, they're gonna turn it. It's gonna turn into a frenzy. You see a lot of time. Now they got him a couple of times they brought the double edge justin Jefferson went in motion, and they knew, like when Jefferson goes in motion, he never looks hot. They don't run hot to that side. So what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring both of them off that, both of them off that side, and neither one of them look back. We were always taking ojo. If you come in motion, just take a glance back. If nobody runs with you, why you not? Why you not moving?
Speaker 3: Why y'all? Then bump out something.
Speaker 2: I don't like this because normally when somebody come in motion, if a guy's already over the inside, guy, he's gonna bump to the outside. Well, if he don't come mine until that he coming, ain't no way, ain't no way, he gonna stay there and leave me by myself.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it, especially with something like that, I would think, and I would hope, but obviously they don't. You would have hot rosse built in. You should have hot rosse built in no matter what. And obviously they didn't. You know, DV coming right off the edge and no block Justice Jefferson know he just running down the field and it's not it's not his fault. And then one of the interceptions, one of the interceptions. I just want to talk receiver talk real quick, just this real quick. On Addison, I can't remember number fourteen name from the Rams. Yes, out out that bunch, lick, I mean out that bunch. Look with the condensed split where Addison had the out route. I wish if with understanding, if he can hold that inside shoulder just a little bit longer and take them to yalls, just to get the DV to open up. Just if you can get to open up even if the throw is inside, it gives me a chance to adjust to it and make the catch where the DV still has a transition and flip, just to make a.
Speaker 1: Play on the ball.
Speaker 5: But when you just when you just roll out of it and he not opened up yet, all you got to do is just come on right down to the ball.
Speaker 3: If it's a bad throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, old Joe, I know, as hold on Kobe Durant. That's the name fourteen for the Rams, Kobe Durant.
Speaker 1: It was a good play by Kobe.
Speaker 2: Most sack yards lost, most sack yards lost in a playoff game in NFL history. Sam darn has the record now eighty two total yards on nine sacks. The record was in January December thirty first in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh, was that the Ice Bowl? That might have been the Ice Bowl?
Speaker 2: The Cowboy sack Bart Star for a total of seventy six yards. That's the cold I think that might be the coldest game. That was the Ice Bowl twelve thirty one, nineteen sixty seven. The Cowboys sacked they lost. Most sack yard is lost in a playoff game in the NFL history. Sam Donald now holds that record with eighty two yarded sack yards lost. Bart Starr had the record and the Ice Bowl with the Cowboys sacked him for seventy six yards.
Speaker 3: But the difference is the Packers won. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that was the last That was the last NFL championship bill huh. But with that, I don't think they was called it the Super Bowl then. I think that was the NFL championship. I'm ulbost certain because next year it was next year it was the Super Bowl started the next year in sixty eight.
Speaker 1: You know, I was hoping. I was excited, man. I thought it would have been a much more competitive game. I truly thought he was. And I listen when I was.
Speaker 5: On inside the NFL and we talked about who I thought was gonna win on ultraum predicto. I only picked the Viking simply because of the defense and what Brian Flores was able to do out the entirely of the season. Matthew Stafford in the office, they got the ball out so fast. Even if you did blizz En didn't even maunt people gonna get there.
Speaker 1: The ball was coming out so fast.
Speaker 3: But they run up.
Speaker 2: But if you look at the Rams offense, a lot of that. That's why they're able to beat the blizz a lot because they got a lot of bubble screens. They lot, got a lot of jail break screens. They run a lot of shallow crosses. They got they got a lot of building inside of jest so it's hard to trap them. Now occasionally you can get them, but a lot of that is built in Cooper cupp is right there. Pooka does a great job of getting a head around and then you know, Sean McVay.
Speaker 3: Is really really created.
Speaker 2: He does a great job of understanding, like, okay, in this down in distance a lot of a time they like to bring a blitz. So if they bringing a blitz, that means the man on the other side. So what we need to do is get the ball into our guy's hand. Cooper cup hooping the core and now we get two blockers or we get a blocker out there in front.
Speaker 3: He breaks the tackle.
Speaker 2: Now that's a big that's a big game, and they've done a great job of that.
Speaker 3: But then since Sean been there, and the thing that.
Speaker 2: Was Mats Stafford, the way his ability to change arm angles o shoe, he can go overhand and he can slide, he can side arm. He got but I don't know if I don't know if that was a pass when that that Scooper scored with you that was that was.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be a fumble up.
Speaker 5: But that you know, the thing that saved Matt Stafford on that plane, where if some people will still question it, is the fact that Pooper the cool was right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was literally right there. Yes, yes, And that definitely that I think. I think you're absolutely right. I think that did save it because had it not, maybe they would have called intentional grind of it because the guy scooped and scored, that would have been a touchdown.
Speaker 3: And and I think that changed.
Speaker 2: That changed the complexion of the game because now all of a sudden, oh Joe, what not to tie the game?
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, that not a tie the ball game up?
Speaker 2: Uh And so, yeah, the turnovers are huge in this situation, and he out. Sam Donald had one, He had one pick, one touchdown, nine sacks for eighty two yards. Matthew Stafford got got two for seven yards nineteen to twenty seven, two touchdown, and Matthew Stafford had a couple of drops. Yeah, tight end dropped one, but Addison dropped two big ones though. And it's hard to hold on to that ball when you're that house in there. You hit the ground unless you got a real firm hole on it. That body jars and that ball is gonna pop out. So but look, Minnesota had a great season, but tonight the Rams were the better team. They out played him from top to bottom and hold on and the Rams made a bone head play on special team, they ran into the punter, gave gave who did they give the vice another opportunity?
Speaker 3: But that defense tonight, Hey look good, that's a good performance.
Speaker 1: How do you see it playing out against and Rams?
Speaker 2: Gonna have to run the football to saw that pass rush down. That's the only thing that to stop the pass was because it got to a point where they couldn't run the football, and so there was no there was no disguise, there was no founder than running the football. And even when they did run and said, you know what, we'll give y'all a thrill four yards. We don't believe y'all can hurt us with the run, but we believe those receivers Hockinson, Jefferson, Addison Naylor, we believe that's where you could hurt us at.
Speaker 3: So what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna cut the head off the snake and then we're gonna let the body just and meet, you know, just middle around.
Speaker 3: And they can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got I'm trying to think, O Joe, you probably got to go back. Tennessee did a number on you guys, But Burl was able to pull it out. Remember when y'all guys went on the road to Tennessee. They sacked him nine times. But as far as like a dominating performance, you got to go back to that maybe what the Broncos did to Cam and the Super Bowl. This is what that looked like Ojoe the way I mean, because Cam really didn't have no time and me Bob was on him, de where was on him?
Speaker 1: A wolf?
Speaker 3: Uh? I forget the other elite miliite Jackson.
Speaker 2: That was just for man pressure and a lot of this was now a lot of this was just for man pressure. Yeah, they brought a couple of uh cap blitzes, brought the edge, brought the slot blitz a couple of times to catch him off guard, and they caught him.
Speaker 3: But really that was verse. That was young and that was turning and they got home.
Speaker 2: Never Gata Moore had a game, had a game, maybe playing himself into a big time contract for these guys. That defense was coming and I was like, damn, when did they slip Aaron Donald back out there like that?
Speaker 3: That? That defense was.
Speaker 2: Like they had Aaron Donald and they had vond and they had a Leonard Floyd when they went to the Super Bowl that year, on that on that that run to the Super Bowl late in the season and in the playoffs. That's what that defense looked like tonight. They got they got out the Minnesota. They knew the passing game was what Minnesota could rely on to beat them, and they took that away.
Speaker 3: And this thing was it was over I mean, oh Joe, and this.
Speaker 2: Thing got well, it was twenty it was twenty forty three at the half.
Speaker 3: You're like, y'all not coming back.
Speaker 2: It was over there. It was over there to that point, yes, it absolutely was. But the Rams move on. They faced the Eagles on Sunday. Yeah. Yeah, the Washington Commanders played Detroit Saturday. Okay, oh y'all. Now it's time to welcome in Baltimore. Ravens receiver. He got the party started Saturday night early. He caught the touchdown, the first touchdown from Lamar Jackson. Rashad Bateman. Rashad, how's it going, bro Man, thanks for joinings. We're doing great. Rashad. Look, you guys played unbelievable on Saturday. You guys dominated the ball game. You got off to an early start. The first drive, you go down score touchdown. But what was the what was what this this team, this offense, this team it looks different this playoff compared to last year. Is there a difference? What if you noticed different? Is the practice is different? Are you guys meeting different the coach Harbaugh change anything because you guys had a look in your eye that like, look, yeah, we're excited about this one, but we got something else in mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, I would definitely say that the team is on a you know, a gender right now, Lamar, Derek, you know, lead us in the right direction. But now it ain't nothing different. I would definitely say, you know, players just locked in right now, man, right and going crazy and man, everything getting so you know, man, we just kind of you know, man, keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. Look shot, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: It's jo Man, you fan man appreciate.
Speaker 5: Listen speak to an audience man, and myself also and and and let us and know why you believe Lamar Jackson is the MVP.
Speaker 6: I mean at this point, man, I only know what go off, no war.
Speaker 7: I don't know if we're going off stats, film or what man, But you know, in my eyes, I mean everything speak for itself.
Speaker 6: I mean, dude, go out and made plays.
Speaker 7: You know, we can't ever weak out and not just you know, regular plays, you know, amazing place.
Speaker 6: I mean the stats are there. I mean you turn the film he jump out.
Speaker 7: Ain't even just about the numbers, you know at this point, it's just you know what I'm saying, you can't deny that Lamar Jason is on the field no matter.
Speaker 6: Who won the team. So, I mean, I ain't the judge, but hey, you know what I'm saying. I definitely think it's you know, MV three years m.
Speaker 2: Hm babe, when you guys found out like the Baltimore Ravens have signed Derrick Henry to a two year deal, knowing watching him for from AFAR, I don't know if you were on that team the first year that they played you guys in the playoffs they came in there on the divisional round.
Speaker 3: I don't think you were there. I think you came the next year.
Speaker 6: Yeah later.
Speaker 2: But when you watch him, obviously you watched him on film before, what is it about him?
Speaker 3: How is he able to do that?
Speaker 2: It seems like he gets stronger as the game goes on, and that's when those big runs start to take place late the third quarter, fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: I mean saying a guy like that, you know at this level, you know every day you know, I mean you see why you know play is dude, eat healthier, dude. You know what I'm saying, practice hard unto my You know what I'm saying, hard first one in their last one lead. I mean, he do all the things you would you know, think that the rookie were doing. You know what I'm saying. And he'll you know what I'm saying, veteran, you know, Hall of famers. So there's no question to why you know you having success? You know this late in the league. So I mean, you know, I guess in no age. You know this running back thing right now?
Speaker 6: Can Bro? Can Bro told that be right now? He told it?
Speaker 2: They excuse me? I mean, babe, you guys go get Zave Flowers back this week. Now, you guys probably knew earlier in the week that he wasn't gonna be there. That meant you and other guys we're going to have to step up, Mark Andrews likely you guys are gonna have to step up and carry the little aguilar. So now that there's a possibility that he's going to return this week, what does he bring? What addition does he bring now to the table when you going to Buffalo.
Speaker 7: I mean they spread the feel out. I mean this year, I think that's the biggest difference for us. It's been able to spread the ball out, you know what I'm saying in all different areas. We've got a lot of playmakers over the field. You know, as we see, you know, anybody can have a good game for Lamar, Darren, mark Za myself. You know, it just depends on how the game going. You know, back Kenza back, you know, would definitely be big for us, you know if they happened, But uh, you.
Speaker 6: Know, we just go see how that plays out. Right now.
Speaker 1: Listen, most of the time, bait.
Speaker 5: You know, during this time of year, in the postseason, towards the end of the season, most players have banged up. Nobody's really truly one hundred percent. And you dealt with some tough injuries early in your career. Do you feel now you've turned a corner and what helped you cope with extensive rehab they get you to the point where you are now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Man, ain't even a lot. Man, That was a tough time. That was a tough time right there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: But I definitely say that I crossed the home.
Speaker 7: Last year was my first time, you know, playing a four season healthy. So this my you know, second year playing healthy, you know, finally been involved in the offense. Uh man to get over that, man, that just took God and mental strength because that was a time. But I thought it was all over. But you know the the end of the day because of the NFL, Man, it's a draft air year. These people trying to pay somebody air year. So yeah, hey man, your time, the time is taken. So it's being able to know how the mindset, doubt, mentality or just keep going.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. Know who I am, You know what I'm saying. I know I be open. I know I can get open. I know I can make plays.
Speaker 7: So man, just being able to believe in myself and continue to continue to go out and do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well most definitely. Also, I want to extend my services while I'm here. Now we talk about you know, your time, taking it and being available. I can extend your playing career back ten twelve years as a nutritionist. Now if you want to hire me and I can help you out with that part. I'm not sure if you have a nutritionist. I don't want to step on. Nobody told, but we can talk about that later off camera and do a little bitness. I don't charge nothing but twenty dollars a week. So you add that twenty dollars a week for six months. That related nothing. That's a drop in the bag paying you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I figure, I figured, I figure.
Speaker 2: So hey, talk talk to us about like when you run around, obviously you expect the ball one two three ball might come out, one two, three, four five ball might come out, but you have to stay alive.
Speaker 3: That's Lamar Jackson out.
Speaker 2: There, and he can extend to play three seconds to five seconds to eight seconds to ten seconds. And on that first touchdown run, I'm excuse me, the first touchdown pass. That is exactly what happened. He was able to extend, extend, extend. You start one way and then come back. Tell us, like, what is your thought process when you lead a heard okay, they call the play ready, right, and you leave the huddle.
Speaker 3: What's going through your mind?
Speaker 6: Any shaved brother be shaved man.
Speaker 7: That's why it's important. It's important to be on the field and be able to get those reps. Saying with Lamar Man, because get the type of quarterback. Man, you gotta uh you know saying, take practice to take rhythm, stay alive, live to learn how to you know what I'm saying, play like that because you know, it ain't easy, bro, It ain't easy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: A lot of people can't even relate to that type of ball, So I mean it's tough.
Speaker 2: Do you guys practice that because like sometimes like a like a scramble drill, do you guys do you guys like do they allow him to keep the ball, because a lot of times we didn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that. I mean after like certain things.
Speaker 2: You know that coach you just blow the whistle, but you really can't blow the whistle because it's so hard to get his ass on the ground, and so you really really have to stay alive for at least five seconds, you know, I mean maybe June coach arbar or you blow the whistle, the whistle getting like seven to ten seconds because you gotta stay alive because they're not getting him down within the first three seconds.
Speaker 3: That ain't happening.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will definitely say when we practicing hard, it's definitely let the play go about ten seconds longer than the normal normal coach ward because that's about.
Speaker 6: How long like hell can extend to play the show.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, listen, I got a good question that this is a good one.
Speaker 5: And listen, I am a I am an enthusiast the great defensive back play, you know, and you've been in your short career so far. Who do you think the best TV is in the league and who's the best TV that you faced to date so far?
Speaker 6: So pas certain probably talking league right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, have you had have you had an opportunity to go against Derek Singley?
Speaker 1: Yet? What do you think about Derek Stingley?
Speaker 6: He nice be nice show. But I definitely take Pat Opraham Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Like that fluid man. He just like he lied. He just so deffin. I mean he just ended out of them breaks. I mean the way he can close on the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And he's long, yeah ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Pats tall and Pat fast to be that side.
Speaker 3: Think of your think he was he like six two six three.
Speaker 6: At least sixtree list at least six three for sure. Yeah, Pat tall, he can move to be a bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah what would you.
Speaker 1: Before you go?
Speaker 5: I need to do me a favor and past Marlond Humphrey and Nate Wiggins.
Speaker 1: I need to pass my message for you.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, text him you get a chance and telephon that they can't stop me, they couldn't cover me, and they need to be thanking god.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing in this era.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I bet I sent a Message'm gonna se what they say.
Speaker 2: All right, they say, babe, babe, what would your welcome to the NFL moment?
Speaker 6: My rookie year ro coin you on my team now went to Chicago brought up by him? And I ain't never I ain't never had. I ain't never had that before. And my whole career player for White, never had my hand knocked up. I said, yeah, the boy getting paid, the boy getting paid.
Speaker 3: Did he catch you slip it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he calls slipping color color screen cut back, Yeah, Helm came off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If that that's what people don't realize when you run that jam, break screen, the bubble screen, or whatever you guys call him, it's that inside, that hurt in the linebacker.
Speaker 3: They're coming from in here, that's what you wanted to do. Turn back into his headache, don't go back in there.
Speaker 6: No, No, that'sho he seen what happened now, you know it going on now?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. I lived in the trenches. Though I lived in thet think he didn't. You gotta think.
Speaker 2: You got think you might have been born in the trenches.
Speaker 3: Ain't not in the NFL.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he was successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, you gotta think.
Speaker 5: I was six four, two thirty when I was playing, so you know it was it was nothing to meet me down there.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it is those boy two thirty. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He hain't been over he ain't been over two hundred a day in his life. He like five.
Speaker 6: I know I'll be watching to watch.
Speaker 2: So now, look, this is a rematch. Yeah, Buffalo, they came in a week for you guys, did a job on them. Deack Henry ran Wow, that was like okay. They put Derrick Henry in the I formation. They talked it to him, they handed to him, and he ran wild. What do you guys expect, Buffalo. Look, this is the rematching the two m VP front running candidates, Lamar Jackson Josh Allen, but this time it's in their building.
Speaker 7: I mean, I definitely say, you know, like any other person gotta start the run game with anybody. Man, it's to the point I don't know how to like how to defend it. You know what I'm saying. You got to count for all the players you got to defend. You know what I'm saying, all links of the field. You know when you play us. So I would just say, man, you get to be prepared for all. I mean, we don't shown that we're capable of being here on the ring game you know, past game, screen game. You know we're healthy. You know, got guyspect on the field. So you know, man, preparation, practice that go out and you know what saying, execute, it's always game plan execution.
Speaker 3: Last year, bab, the season did not end the way you wanted it to.
Speaker 2: You got the MVP front runner, you got an almost two thousand yard rush in your backfield. You got the first time a Ravens drafted receiver has gone to the Pro Bowl. You guys are low. You guys had the most I think you guys had the most Pro Bowlers. I think you had nine Pro Bowlers. You got a lot of all Pro guys over there. If you guys don't get to and win the Super Bowl, is this either the disappointment in your eyes.
Speaker 7: I mean, to us, man, how we view it. I mean, if we don't do that, I feel like that's every year. You know what I'm saying, we hold ourselves at the stundard. That's the stundard.
Speaker 6: That's say.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, this organization. You know what I'm saying, that's go get super Bowl. It's wanna take that the list. You know what I'm saying, That's what we striveled for always. So that's the end goal. The goal is to make it down there. Where we don't then of course, you know what I'm saying, we feel that we failed. We got all the tools, we got everything we need, you know what I'm saying to be successful and talk the bottom.
Speaker 6: So we just got to go out and do it now.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Hold on, bab come on, man, don't come on. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Man, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You don't raven you know, we floppy.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 1: He played.
Speaker 5: He played for the Bronco. He played for the Broncos for twelve years. He just happened to be on the Ravens for two that happened to be. It just happened to work out. He just happened to work out.
Speaker 3: Hey, they don't. Hey, babe, do they happen to just get either? You gotta work.
Speaker 6: You gotta work for that one. We gotta work for that one.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh, Joe, you.
Speaker 2: Better check somebody if you if you're a Raven fan and y'all know anything about that two thousand Ravens. I did my part of the offense. Okay, big place showed up.
Speaker 3: I understand you.
Speaker 5: But see that trophy right now, that trophy you carrying. That trophy is because of the Raven two thousand defense.
Speaker 3: What we did. Score some points?
Speaker 6: You gotta score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they only score with nine points a game on offense. Hey, oh look at that right now, on Joe, they.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, what I'm gonna tell you, I want to talk to the baby.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell him how to you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell him how the game go go.
Speaker 5: Right, they're gonna start eight, They're gonna stack eight, nine in the box. Right, you're gonna have about one, twenty, one, thirty and two TVs.
Speaker 3: Ain't speaking to his go ahead, No, I'm telling you, I'm manifesting it.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not Cleo and I'm a I'm a bangal at heart. I'm telling you how the game is gonna go. I already know they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Stack up the Bengals. We do bad things for the Bengels. Bait.
Speaker 2: Don't even worry about the bag. I don't even know why he brought them up. We talked about play We're talking about playoff teams.
Speaker 1: I've been very respectful.
Speaker 6: I thought that was what he was tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I was very respectful. You respectful, But I was telling Bateman. I'm telling Bakeman how the game gonna go. You talk about the angles.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot. I'm not fun to talk about teams that didn't make the playoffs. You know, me and bab were talking about team that made the playoffs. That's what we talk about.
Speaker 3: You know. We talked about, you know, trying to make a Super Bowl run.
Speaker 1: What happened to your Broncos yesterday?
Speaker 3: WHOA, that's crazy?
Speaker 6: Oh here, Raven to day up.
Speaker 3: I had two teams in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: No, you know, no, you you have one team.
Speaker 3: You're a hater.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You you're a hater. Hey, babe, we appreciate that man win the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Who you know who y'all got winning?
Speaker 1: I listen, I'm I'm lamar all day.
Speaker 6: I'm just making all day.
Speaker 3: Damn. Now he had Josh Allen for the m v P I had.
Speaker 1: We're gonna lie like that. We're gonna were gonna lie.
Speaker 5: We're gonna lie everybody everybody saying it was over with come on now this is me.
Speaker 6: Now, come on, Joe, if that's true, that's fine.
Speaker 5: Bro, Hey this me, Now, this is me now, I know, okay, come.
Speaker 1: On, don't do that cause you got the man believe and I.
Speaker 2: For you kind of, I mean, you wasn't you wasn't like even when everybody saying it was over that Josh Allen had the MVP sold up. I say, look, I don't know if y'all see what that see what that guy in Baltimore do it? But it's hard. I mean, how you gonna Overlook? I said, he's gonna be somewhere in the low forties. He could have less than five interception and there's an outside chance he has a thousand yard Russian. So what we're gonna do about that? And a season that we've never seen before and you might not ever.
Speaker 3: See it again.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so what we're judging up from.
Speaker 2: Look I said it before, what he's doing, only one other quarterback has ever done it, and that's Aaron Rodgers when he goes forty and less than five interceptions and every time he and he did it, he won the MVP. Now you throw nine hundred rush yards on top of it, what are we talking about here? That's different and the fourth and the fourth highest passer rating in NFL history.
Speaker 3: He is the MVP. That's not to take away from anybody else.
Speaker 2: Babe, Josh Allen had a phenomenal season, but when we look at this, the value that he gave that team, it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, the voters can't make any excuses.
Speaker 5: They can't say he had Derrick Henry, they can't use they can't move the gold posts now we know they are known to move the gold posts based on who it is.
Speaker 1: At this point, there's really nothing you can say.
Speaker 5: There's really nothing you can do to take that MVP away from Lamar Jackson in the type of season he had, regards to who he's had at the disposal within it.
Speaker 1: And as the supporting cast, it just it doesn't matter because what he did is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, I'm glad we all know.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 2: We will appreciate you man, Thanks for taking time joining us that nightcap. We really appreciate that. Wish you the best of luck, continue success. You know we're gonna be watching you. But good luck on Sunday and hopefully we'll have another conversation down.
Speaker 6: The road man for show. I appreciate you. Y'all be safe.
Speaker 5: Until they and it's whatever or Humphrey, whatever they want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be appreciate that. Bacon all right, see y'all wide received Baltimore Wave Ravens wide receiver. Uh Justin? Was it Richard? But I don't know why keep saying I don't know what Justin's on my mind.
Speaker 2: Richard Bateman, first round draft pick, played really well in the Apps.
Speaker 3: He played well all year.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Zay is the number one, but Bait came on and make big plays when given the opportunity. And that's what you have to do. With Joe Hey, Zay was out, so I got to step up and do my part. Now, step up, and that's what you have to do. And that's what I like. Likely made a name for himself. In the absence of Mark Andrews likely stepped up and now they run a lot of double tight ends. And it's hard because a lot of times when teams running double tight end set, you think they're gonna block where they getting both of those guys out in pass covered and pass you know, in passing and passing situation. But like he said, it's not easy to play. I mean, Lamar is great, but you just gotta stay alive, Ojo. You gotta stay alive because there's no dad play. It's not like, man, they have got Lamar and next thing you know, you hear the crowd standing up. You're like, what they're standing up for? I thought he got sacked. Nah, bro, you gotta get on your horses. Either you go straight across, you come back, or you take the top of up. Because we had spramle drill. You know, oh you closer to him, were the closest guy come down the hill. Then you have the guy coming over, and then you got got a guy going deep. But it was a it's great to see. It's gonna be a great ball game, Ojoe. I'm anxious to see how this thing turns out. The two MVP front runners playing the quarterback position. Both teams got a running game. James Cook for the Bills, lamar, excuse me, Derreck Henry for the Ravens. Wide receivers maybe you get if Zay flies back, but if you don't, you got too tight ends like Lynn Andrews going up against Kinkaid and Knox Wilde receivers. You got secure and u uh Coop going up against Babe and Aglar, So we get a it's a great matchup. Offensive lines are very very good. Uh, they got a Pro Bowl. The Ravens got a Pro Bowl center once you call him, got a Pro Bowl left tackle, so that thing is gonna be very very and the Ravers right tackle has done an outstanding job.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 2: Watt didn't register a stat and the previous week he dealt with Miles Garrett. So lamar, like, I feel pretty good. I got Ronnie Staley on one side. I got a Pro Bowl center and Pro Bowl and an All Pro center in the middle, and then I got a right tackle. That's I think he's a rookie that's playing out of his mind. So it's gonna be a very good game. Oh show Cowboys part ways with Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: O Joe, that's a bullshit you know that?
Speaker 2: Uh Dan Bryan size sounds off against the Cowboys coaching drama. That's what Dav's tweeted. Dan Quinn turned it once struggling franchise into a playoff contender and won his first playoff game. Until Dallas focused on winning instead of politics, Cowboys fans should not expect success soon. I'm telling you this straightforwardly, just as I always do. Oh, y'all, Yeah, Who's gonna be the Cowboys' next coaching victim?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know who the victim is gonna be. I'm not sure. I'm not sure, but I just don't like the way Jerry operates. I don't like the way he operates.
Speaker 5: There was an opportunity for Mike McCarthy to be able to interview for the Chicago Bear job.
Speaker 1: You know, Jerry blocked that.
Speaker 3: He said no.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking, well, if you're telling me no, Mike McCarthy should be upset. If you're telling me no, I can't go interview for the job. I'm thinking you're going to retain me and discuss a long term contract at some point. What was the point of even doing that just to show that you're in control, just to show your that's.
Speaker 3: What it was.
Speaker 2: You knew, Oh Joe, he knew he wasn't bringing Mike McCarthy back. But no, I'm not gonna let you interview with I'm not gonna let you interview with the Bears.
Speaker 3: On your timeline. It's gonna be on my timeline.
Speaker 1: What what what's the point?
Speaker 3: What's the control?
Speaker 1: We know you're in control, we know you're the owner.
Speaker 5: We know that the season eight isn't even in, and you're still making headlines based on your decision making.
Speaker 1: That's making absolutely no sense.
Speaker 3: Let the man go. You know you didn't want him.
Speaker 5: To begin with, because if he wanted them, he would have paid him before the season even started, or paid him in season instead of instead of allowing him to finish out his contract.
Speaker 1: Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Remember when they lost, they lost a couple of time in the first round.
Speaker 3: They thought they kept dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: Dan Quinn really stayed because he thought he was gonna get the job. Then off the side, Jared kept bull job and said, man, let me go out here and get me a job.
Speaker 3: You bull driving.
Speaker 2: And guess what Bobby was available? Yeah, he ain't had no b lindbacker like Bobby Wagging. Yeah, be Wag look at that know that defense. No, Dad Quinn's defense. Now Kendricks played well, but be Wagg's with a different animal. But see Jerry, it's gonna be Jerry. He gonna hire coach, and then he gonna tell you who to hire. Well, this is gonna be your defensive coordinator. This is gonna be your offensive coordinator. Go ahead, I have a question. Now I've seen reports I tweeted out earlier today.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just thinking, just I just threw it out there, like you know, I ain't talk to Prime, you know, I'm just thinking, well, let me see Mike McCarthy's gone, and I think about Prime. You know obviously you know I'm not not trying to destroy no trouble. And then as soon as I tweeted it, three hours later, they go to reports, Jerry Jones reached out Deion Sanders about the opportunity, Dion saying he was intrigued, you know, but he loves what he has in Boulder as far as his team and his roster, and I just I just listen when the opportunity like that comes along, When an opportunity like that comes along, do you let it pass you by? Do you let it pass you by? I know Deonn said I would love to coach my sons. I doubt probably. I'm not sure where Dallas is picking, but she was saying it's not gonna be there. He's not gonna be there unless they do something extravaget. Climb the letter, climb the ladder and go get go, get a quarterback.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: You know they have that quarterback. You just paid taxation to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this. I'm just talking. I'm just speaking hypotheticals.
Speaker 5: But I'm staying for the opportunity to actually coach at the highest level where you dominated when you made your Hall of Fame career. Do you really pass something up like that? What do you what do you think?
Speaker 3: Mmmm? Look no, oh Joe, Look we know Jerry.
Speaker 2: Jerry is an authoritarian, right, Uh it's Jerry.
Speaker 3: Well, no way, he feels.
Speaker 2: I heard Troy tonight say that he don't believe the cowboy job is coveted. It's profile, but it's not coveted, he says, because coaches can't become who they are and what things can become because Jerry, he said, Dan Campbell is not gonna be Dan Campbell in Dallas like he is in Detroit. Andy Reid would not be Andy Reid and the Dallas like he is in Kansas City. That should tell. That should tell. Think about it, Jerry, you continue to do things your way because you won't the credit. Sometimes you don't realize how great things can be if you don't care who gets the credit. Jerry cares, and therein lies his problem. He's always Carrid. That's why he fired Jimmy. He won't ever admit it. It drove him crazy that everybody mentioned Jimmy and he got no shine.
Speaker 3: So he fired a man back. Let us think it, Chad.
Speaker 2: Let that sink here for a second, because I don't think you guys realize what I'm about to say here. He fired Jimmy after back to back Super Bowls, and his oldest superstar was Michael Irvin at twenty eight years of age. His oldest superstar was twenty eight years of age, and he fired now first Balltlet Hall of Famer and Troy Aikman first Balllet Hall of Fame all time leading rushing to Emmitt Smith. Michael who got in on the second ballot, and they had that team together. What they won another one? They missed that year. They went and got prime and they won another one. But had they had Jimmy, that's when Jerry started. They won in Spider je Jerry. That's how good that ninety five team was. They won in spite of Jerry. But had they kept Jimmy, what you see the Patriots did.
Speaker 3: That's what Jimmy would have done.
Speaker 1: You think they could have ranted like that?
Speaker 2: Think about what they had emmittt Smith. Emmitt came in with me. So Emmitt left early eighty three. It should have been twenty four, right, Troy was twenty six, Mike was twenty Troy was twenty seven, Mike was twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Listen, remember remember we see he said in color purple?
Speaker 5: Huh what that somebody and somebody needs to do that to Jerry until you right by me?
Speaker 3: Everything you well I forgot so come back on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every yeah, and and that's what's happening. Nothing has gone good for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Since that fire. And now you made you made it to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: You made it, but you're always you're always going home in the first round, and and and still Jerry continues to continue to do He continues to do the same exact thing, the same Shenanigans.
Speaker 1: The season, not even they're not even. He's still making headlines for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And the thing was that that's how he said, uh uh, Troy, I mean, you know, he was talking like Barry wanted to be everybody's friend. Jimmy ain't want to be nobody friend. Jimmy ran that thing with an iron fist, the same way coach beble Check any team that wins and win consistently, bare head coach run that thing. Dang fired him after back to back Super Bowls and they hadn't won a super Bowl in twenty plus years, and he wins back to back, and Jerry Firedy because Jerry wasn't getting shot. Nobody mentioned jim I'm in the league, so I know everybody talked about what Jimmy had done, what Jimmy had built, because Jimmy knew the players. Jimmy was at the Universey in Miami. He recruited those guys. He recruited the guys that was coming into the NFL. He tried to get them back to UM right, so he knew how to do it. Jimmy, Jimmy made that trade to get herschel up out of there. Herschel was the one valuable piece they had. Jimmy said, hey, yeah, we can keep it and go five and eleven? What does that give us? And Jerry find it? But Jay, hey, he's the first fot. This is what Miro Merov. The Cowboys handling of negotiations the money is down right baffling. They basically sat out free agency last year, dragged their feet on players extensions, and created an unnecessary drama with CD Lamb and Dak Prescott by waiting until the eleventh hour to get deals done. And it's just not them. He has a pattern of several with several players over the years. They made Mike McCarthy and his the Doc staff coach out their contracts, blocked McCarthy from interviewing with the Bears last week, only to part ways anyway in week team They even bitch Cooper rushed to avoid playing him a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars incentive for playing fifty five presented the snap on this year he was at fifty two percent completely affordable chaos and not what you would expect from America's team.
Speaker 3: Again, ain't no way you can't do it. Hey, you don't have no good luck.
Speaker 5: Listen, making head last for the reason and you wonder why things never go well?
Speaker 2: Damn at Margaret Spears swag, who's story is at the coach racing? Hey, we win our promise, mas Swag Swag. Jerry ain't gonna let you do nothing. I mean, oh, Joe, I'm not. I'm not trying to hear the owner speak to me before the game, more after the game, because you're not there.
Speaker 3: See Jerry's all about show. Because what ad Jerry do? O? Joe?
Speaker 2: This is how you know Jerry's about show. During practice he landed his helicopter on the field.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's all about show with Jerry. Jerald can't up by no winning. Jerry got Jerry got the man.
Speaker 2: The fans are starting to see now, Man, Jerry don't really care nothing about no win it.
Speaker 1: I don't think the fans understand it, huh they do.
Speaker 3: They're starting to see it now.
Speaker 5: I mean listen, I mean it's been twenty twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: How you just now seen almost thirty and listen, and they're not going to that.
Speaker 5: Jerry's not going to change until it hits one place in your pockets. But until you stop showing up, until you stop coming to the game, until you stop buying merch nothing is going to change. And you know when football season coming around, Oh, Jerry's world, that stadium is gonna be filled up.
Speaker 3: When they're going to.
Speaker 5: La for training gap, Oh, it's gonna be filled up. They're coming. They're gonna keep coming regardless because they love the game of football, and Jerry knows that.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, here's what he is, Oh Joe, once you get to that age, Jerry's in his eighties, he ain't changing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ain't no sense in you know.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is what Troy Eigman had to say. He said, I thought Mike m karthy would be the head coach. So it's a bit surprised for me today. That's not going to be what went into those conversations. I'm not exactly sure. It suggests there's not a real plan as far as the coveted job.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's accurate.
Speaker 2: I do think the Cowboys are obviously a high profile team and whoever is the head coach of that team is certainly going to draw a lot of attention. But I think most football people that take over as a head coach want to do it on their terms, and that's hard to do in Dallas.
Speaker 3: What everybody has said.
Speaker 2: You take Dan Campbell, for instance, is Dan Campbell Dan Campbell if he's with the Calvis Cowboys. It's hard to imagine that is It's hard to imagine that a lot of these coaches might be.
Speaker 3: I love the Dallas Cowboys. I played there for twelve years.
Speaker 2: I with them well, But to say as a coveted job, I'm not sure I would necessarily agree with that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you get in your own way on coach.
Speaker 2: Prime told es, spend the night to hear from Jerry is truly delightful and it's intriguing.
Speaker 3: I love Jerry. I believe in Jerry.
Speaker 2: After you hang up and and process that you think about it, it's intriguing. But I love voter everything about our team, the coaches, I student about it, and the community.
Speaker 3: I like it. It's just hard for me.
Speaker 2: It's just hard for me to see a scenario but where you can be successful as long as Jerry's meddling.
Speaker 3: It's just hard. It's just hard for me to see it. Ojoe.
Speaker 2: I just believe the ownershould be hands off if you hire somebody.
Speaker 3: I can't be.
Speaker 2: I can't hire somebody to do a job and then I'm over telling him how to do the job. But if that was the case, I can save mess some money. Won't you just coach the team? If you know so much about football, just coach the team. That's what Papa Bear Hallies did, be on the team and coached it. Hilarious if he believes he knows as much as he says he does, or he tries to convince the people that he knows coach it.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine Jerry as the head coach on the sideline and the suit.
Speaker 3: No, they don't let you do that.
Speaker 2: You got to wear NFL gear now, Dan Reeves, I mean the old car used to do that, Coach Reeves, Mike Dicker. They used to be on there with with suits, you know, shirt and tie cold sweaters. NFL said, now we need you in this NFL issue gear. We can't sell them suits. We can sell that. We can sell these sweaters and these hoodies and these jackets. We can't sell that.
Speaker 3: What you wear. So you got to come up out of that and guess what it used to be.
Speaker 2: Players you could wear, You could wear your own stuff on the sideline. They won't let you do that. Now you got to be an issue of.
Speaker 3: Gear. Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: The volume