Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock Act Howard Io on this Wednesday, Come on in stay a while. How much leverage does show Heyo Tani have after undergoing a procedure. It reinforces the healthy ligament in place. And the doctor is the team doctor for the Dodgers, which I found interesting. He just did Aaron Rodgers achilles and the doctor just did show Heyo Tani that it wasn't Tommy John surgery. It wasn't reconstructed that this is a sort of a Now, this is the same doctor who did Tommy John surgery on show Hey Otani back in twenty eighteen. But I'm wondering if we get to the point where this is called reinforcing the healthy ligament in place, could you see a preemptive strike by pitchers who then go in at a younger age and say, can we reinforce the ligament before I blow out the ligament? So you do something that's preventative the UCL and it wasn't reconstructed via Tommy John surgery. It was reinforced. And you're also seeing something that's different or unique with Aaron Rodgers with his achilles and trying to get him back. Cam Akers the running back with the Rams. He got back in action after six months, and Aaron Rodgers is talking about trying to come back if the Jets make the playoffs eight seven seven three DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, twitter handle at DP show pull. Question for two is going to be one seed O Connor.
Speaker 2: Well, this is kind of an interesting story that PAULI brought to our attention. But how many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now, there's a Toronto Blue Jays pitcher who I think normally gets eleven, twelve or thirteen hours of sleep.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's a Blue Jay starter. His name's you say, Kakuchi. He's pretty good. He's ten and six, having a good season, and he had some cramps and had to lead the game the other day. And I guess the word got to the reporter Katelyin McGrath of The Athletic that he said it might be caused because he only got only got eleven hours of sleep the night before and they found up how many do you usually get? He said, usually I get thirteen to fourteen hours sleep. Kakuchi went on to say, yes, he goes to bed usually at eleven pm and at the night game. He wakes up the next day at one pm, So it's straight through thirteen to fourteen hours sleep on a normal night, not just pitching nights. Wow, Okay, shocking right. Yeah, he's reads of a young man. He's like twenty nine years old.
Speaker 1: Like cats don't even get this kind of sleep or dogs.
Speaker 3: I looked up sleep Journal, Medicine, sleep Journal, and they say thirteen hours sleep to fourteen fifteen is what someone who's under two years old gets and they're supposed to get and then it gets fewer hours as you get old.
Speaker 1: Okay, but can you have too much sleep? I don't know if the American Medical Association would say if you get this amount of sleep, it's actually a negative, yes, Todd.
Speaker 4: It seems to me you'd be like groggy a lot if you're sleeping that much and you get up, it takes some time to come to and everything like that. To spend over half your life. If he averages twelve or more hours like sleeping instead of functioning and being alive with the world, that just seems bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: According to a couple different sites, the Sleep Foundation, WebMD, oversleeping can be bad for your health. It could be a sign of depression, immune system issues. It could lead to diseases for like because you're not processing sugar the right way, diabetes, mental health, heart issues because your heart is not up and ready to go, so it could lower your heart function. But this guy is a professional athlete who's pitching.
Speaker 1: Well, you go to bed at eleven, you wake up at one am. I in college. Again, how much sleep do you get at nighttime?
Speaker 4: I would say somewhere in the as far as good sleep, four to five.
Speaker 1: Hours probably sleep APP sleep APP.
Speaker 4: I try to go to bed around eleven, but it takes a while to fall asleep. But if I end up the actual sleep time, I can't imagine it's more than forty five hours.
Speaker 2: All right, seaton U, I'm like a five six hour night, but I usually I also usually try to take a nap somewhere during the day, so I try to make up for it a little bit.
Speaker 1: But then I've been told that there's a certain amount of time that's great for a nap, and then after that you get kind of then it becomes a negative.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like under thirty minutes or over ninety something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marvin, what about you? I'm also a sixer sixer? What about you, Paulie?
Speaker 3: I get seven hours of sleep at night, almost right on the nose, and I usually get about a twenty five minute afternoon nap. I'm on a site now that tells how much napping you should do. They said fifteen minutes is great for a refresher. It's almost like having a quick cup of coffee. Anything more than forty five minutes, you're tricking your body into thinking it's going to sleep for the night, and it starts to shut down and it makes it harder to get up and rejuvenate after a forty five.
Speaker 1: Minute Yeah, I have mine down to around thirty eight minutes, you know, nap in the afternoon around thirty eight thirty seven minutes for some reaon I don't set an alarm. I just wake up, and you know, it takes me a while. I'm groggy, and then I probably get eight hours at night try to Yeah, see.
Speaker 6: I don't sleep. Schedule is extremely unhealthy.
Speaker 2: But there are times where I'll get the like shake at about like six o'clock, like, do you just want to sleep for the rest of the night or are you getting up for dinner? Oh like six o'clock PM. I'll lay down at like two or something. They'll be like, I'm just gonna do like fifteen minutes and then they'll be like, so, are you gonna get up for dinner? Or that hasn't happened in a while, but it's definitely happened more than once.
Speaker 1: All Right, what's pole question for hour two going to be?
Speaker 6: See, we're going with how much sleep do you can get? Under?
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 6: Or eight plus?
Speaker 1: Sign up for the DP show newsletter Every day it comes to you at six eastern three Pacific Danpatrick dot Com. Put in your email address the box that slides out bottom right corner, and you're good to go. Stat of the Day has always brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards for The Dan Patrick Show. Good morning, those watching on Peacock those chatting on chat row and our radio affiliates around the country. Also, thank you for buying the book that's available to on uh Danpatrick dot com and really any of the bookstores. Some people in Los Angeles went to two different Barns and Nobles and the book was sold out. We have talked to them and they have restocked them. So thank you for purchasing the book. All right, A couple of phone calls in here start out first hour Mike or second hour Mike in Lake Tahoe. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Very good morning?
Speaker 1: Then how you doing good sir?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 8: I wanted to say I owe seating a pipe of the face. I will be submitting that this weekend via the Padres not winning the division, and I kind of think he had something to do with that. No hitter getting broke up in the ninth end and I'm just saying, seating them Padres fans still watching him then.
Speaker 1: No seating somehow. I don't know what you did to San Diego or why you did it to San Diego, but you did something. You know what.
Speaker 2: It's a classic problem with being on this show. I go for the joke almost every time consequences be day end. So yeah, I kind of I do. I have some love for San Diego, though, but I like making people laugh more.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, the Ohio State Buckeyes headed to South Bend taking on the Fighting Irish and Notre Dame. That'll be in primetime and that'll be on NBC. I don't know what the line is.
Speaker 3: On this because my guess the line.
Speaker 1: Okay, guess the line.
Speaker 3: Number six Ohio State at Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: What's Notre Dame's ranking number nine? Number nine?
Speaker 3: Both undefeated?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, this feels like this would be Ohio State favored slightly.
Speaker 3: You're onto something, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say Ohio State favored by two.
Speaker 3: I'm giving that to you. There are a favored by three.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: By the way, USC is favored by thirty four and a half at Arizona State.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they need some challenging. Well, they could be looking ahead to the Colorado matchup there, and then you have what is the Colorado Oregon line? Is that I still have four?
Speaker 3: I still have it. I still have it at twenty two oh twenty. Check some other places.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure people will bet that up. They're betting. They're betting Colorado to win outright.
Speaker 3: This is a lane big weekend for Lane Kiffin at Bama. A wounded animal.
Speaker 1: Possibly Chuck in North Carolina. Good morning, Chuck. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Good morning DP, Good morning Dan Nuts.
Speaker 7: You know, just with the hype train of Colorado and before we get to the next two big games Oregon and USC next weekend, I'm wondering your thoughts on I was looking at rankings for the top one hundred and thirty three programs before the season. Colorado was ranked, according to this one site, eighty first, eighty first in the country. They win one game against TCU, which was the ranked number nineteen at the time, getting to the top twenty. If they go there are seven teams from the PAC twelve in the top twenty five right now, including Colorado. So just as inside maybe the best conference in football while they're disbanding on that aside, If Colorado goes, let's say there's six top twenty teams remaining on their schedule for the next nine games. If they go five, and if they go five and two against the seven top twenty five teams that they're going to play this season, and I know that can change you when it's all said and done. The SEC there's only six teams in the top twenty five, So right now, no other conference can play more than Colorado having the potential to play seven top twenty five teams. If Dion goes let's say, five and two against those seven top twenty five programs, including TCU. They're not ranked now, but they were at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I get what you're saying. Land the plane longer than the Colorado State and the plane. Will they be in the playoffs? Should they be in the playoffs? Well, if you had twelve teams, but we got a long way to go. I just I want to caution everybody Colorado is ahead of schedule. I don't know if they're a good team. I don't think they're a great team. I think they have a great story. But how about in two weeks we kind of reset on this because everybody is rooting for this, all involved, everybody wants to talk to Dion. This is great. Yes, it's the story of college football. But where are we going to be in three weeks? Where will we be in a month with this story? And maybe maybe they beat Oregon or they beat USC, or they do both, or they get blown out by both, and then what happens after that? What's the follow up? Is college game Day going to go to Boulder anymore? Is Fox's big noon kickoff going to go to Boulder anymore? No, they'll probably start to go to places where you have the teams that are going to be there at the end. But look, I enjoy this. I just want to caution everybody because it feels like we're willing this to happen. It's wishful reporting, wishful fandom with this. I just I want to sprinkle in a little bit of reality. That's all, Yes, Todd for those.
Speaker 4: Who believe in Colorado. If, for lack of a better word, what could happen this weekend against Oregon where someone would not believe, like to get totally blown out? Like what would be a magic number where someone who's all in on Colorado is now not anymore losing by thirty forty. I just wonder what that would be that outcome that would make someone get off the Buffalo's train.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think I think if they.
Speaker 4: Get blown out? I think a lot of people would be like, oh, now that they played a really tough team except FORDCU obviously you know, went to the national team.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, they're going to get a hall pass this weekend if it's not a great game because the Travis Hunter being out and it was a cheap shot, you know, so they get a bit of a hall pass that their best all round player is out and Oregon, you know at Oregon everything there. So how much they spent on the last game. Well, I'm really fascinated by if and when Colorado gets to six wins the Bowl battle to get them. Oh yeah, because I don't know if how the automated bulls work. It's not that slotted. But if you're the Bahama Bull or the Cheese At Bowl or the Pop Tart Bowl, you break the bank and say, look, we want Colorado over all, you know, over anything like would you want Ole miss at ten wins or Colorado at seven?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But is there a negotiation that goes on with these bowl games that it could be?
Speaker 3: I would think it.
Speaker 1: I thought that you're slotted in who you pick.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Yes, a lot of a lot of the bulls have slots. If you're the third ranked team in the Pac twelve, you go blank.
Speaker 1: Or you get to pick the teams that you want. To a point, like, I think it's like, okay, here the final four National Title game, those sites, those Bull games, and then after that, what is that next bowl? Is that the Citrus Bowl, Fiesta Bowl? They get to pick the matchup that they want.
Speaker 3: Some yeah, mostly they do. Sometimes they have like tradition of taking the second best team in the PAC twelve. But Colorado's gonna be scalding hot for the Bull season.
Speaker 1: And I remember when this topic came up a couple of weeks ago, and we were talking about could the PAC twelve maintain the name the PAC twelve therefore still have that automatic berth into a playoff and if you could sue for that, But you only have a couple of teams that are going to be left under that umbrella with the PAC twelve. But if you merge with the Mountain West, don't you don't want to be the Mountain West. You want to be the PAC twelve. And I think that's going to be interesting with Washington State and Oregon State. Can you keep the name and the likeness and the automatic berth just you want the Mountain West to join the PAC twelve, not the other way around uh, Nick and Indiana. Hi, Nick, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning Dad.
Speaker 1: You got good.
Speaker 5: Our first time six four, a shrinking two sixty and solidly in the seven to eight hours of sleep club. Also consider myself very fortunate that I started listening to the show despite not being bedridden.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: I want to talk today about Crappensburg State hype songs. I've been thinking about this a lot.
Speaker 1: By the way, we sold three hundred and fifty shirts yesterday Crappensburg State, our fictitious university that we made up. And what was the dukes?
Speaker 2: The Dukes of crap I believe they're going to be the Crappensburg State Dukes.
Speaker 6: Okay, I believe that's it, lovely man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you have to add to that? Nick?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a for you to get everybody hyped up, depending on the age. So I'll start off at drop it like a hot performed by poop Dog of course, Okay, let it go to get the youths involved frozen, and then making a mess by skid Row.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's a deep cut. Okay, you're a full bloop.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Nick.
Speaker 1: What's a good three hundred and fifty people ordered Crappensburg State t shirts yesterday.
Speaker 2: People are pumped about it, and rightfully so yeah, rightfully yeah.
Speaker 6: I think you know what, I think we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I think we're going to make those you know, like those windows stickers that you put on for like parents and.
Speaker 6: They have their kids college. I think we're gonna make Crappensburg State.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Why not? Yeah, my son goes to crap and.
Speaker 2: Mind my child made the Dean's list at Crag State. I think we're gonna do like a line of bumper stickers and those windows stickers.
Speaker 1: My son made the Dean's list at Crappensburg State. Exactly, no bleep. Yeah, It's like that movie, was it? Is it?
Speaker 3: Jonahill where they go to a fake college. Is it accepted? They South Harmon Institute of Technology. They just make up a fake school.
Speaker 1: Good flick Crappensburg State available at Danpatrick dot com. Take a break, We'll talk to Jeff Passon of The Mothership about the procedure show Heyo Tani underwent and how much leverage does he have now here in the off season. Back after this on The Dan Patrick Show, another week of football coming up tomorrow night. Get started DraftKings Sports Book and right now you can get in on all the action. New customers bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets, you can throw down a fiver and you can have some epic matchups and walk away as an instant winner. Also, all customers can take advantage of two new offers every game day this September. Football is more fun when you're in on all the action. Download the app now sign up with the code Patrick. New customers bet five dollars get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets only. DraftKings Sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Make sure you use the promo code Patrick Fritzy.
Speaker 4: Twenty one and over in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. Gambling problem call one eight hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Y or text ope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. Bonus issued is free bets one early win token issued at Opton Moneyline Bets only. Deposit and wagering restrictions apply. Eligibility in terms of DraftKings dot com slash football terms.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. It's time for the North London Derby. Watch one of the Premier League's biggest rivalries play out live from Emirates Stadium, Arsenal Tottenham Sunday. I don't have to say anything more, do I? Right? Seaton?
Speaker 6: It's a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. That'll be September twenty fourth at nine am Eastern, streaming only on Peacock. More phone calls coming up. Jeff passon the Mothership ESPN senior baseball insider joints Us on the program, explain to me the procedure not surgery. That show heo Tony had.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 9: Surgery and they tried to talk around it, essentially to not use the words Tommy John.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 9: Reading between the lines here was a revision, reconstruction with an internal brace. What that means is Tommy John surgery has evolved through the years, right it used to be. Then the original procedure, Doctor Frank Joe went into Tommy John's elbow and drilled holes and essentially looped a new ucl through those holes using a tendon that was taken from his wrist. From what Neil Latrosh, the doctor who did the surgery said in the statement, he talked about it being a repair and a reinforcement, which suggests that they didn't go in with the brand new tendon and loop it through that they reinforced the old one that was there and added an internal brace, which is something that doctor Keith meister A noted Tommy John expert has been doing the last few years and that Neil Latrosha has picked up on as well, and that has found a ton of success in keeping guys healthy. Essentially, though, yes, this was Tommy John surgery and Shojo. Tommy's not going to pitch next year, and the chances of him coming back and pitching in the future, frankly are pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's to do for his leverage here in the off season?
Speaker 9: Not a whole lot because he's still hurt, right, Like, that's the problem with this. I was so genuinely wanting to see him go into this winter healthy just to see how high his contract was going to go. I think if he was fully healthy going in, it was going to be six hundred and fifty million dollars. So I think that this ucl tear, that this procedure is going to cost him one hundred and fifty million probably, But I really don't foresee many scenarios where it gets too far under five hundred, Like maybe maybe teams are hesitant. But let's look at it this way, Dan, you have a baseline in place already with Aaron Judge, to whom Sho Hao Tani is a very comparable bat right, you have nine years and three hundred and sixty million dollars. That is a recent comparable. You also have the fact that shoe Hayo Tani is the biggest star in the sport and international superstar that your franchise value just by having him around is going to jump. You're going to sell tickets, you're going to sell merchandise, you're going to sell concessions, you're going to sell everything. And then, oh, by the way, you've got the pitching element too. And while you may not necessarily want to go out and guarantee that type of money. Jameson is a two time Tommy John guy who went out and got sixty eight million dollars from the Cubs this past offseason, and Show Heyo Tani is a lot better than Jameson Tai On has ever been before. So I think the argument in his favor to go and get that five hundred million really is valid. It's just a question of which organization and specifically which owner is going to be willing to take that lead, because all the other ones then are going to want to say, you know what, yeah, we'll look at you being a pitcher, but you're going to have to earn that this is going to be incentive based, and frankly, I don't think he's going to want it to be, and I don't think he should have it need to be.
Speaker 1: Should I read into the fact that it was the Dodgers surgeon who did the surgery on Show Heyo Tony No.
Speaker 9: Neil Latrosh is just excellent at his job.
Speaker 5: He's the guy.
Speaker 9: Him and Meister are the guys you go to, and you know, Jeff Dugas and Birmingham like the David Altchek like there are certain but when you are on the West coast and you live in La you go to neil E La trash, simple as that.
Speaker 1: When do negotiations start for show Hao Tony.
Speaker 9: The day after the World Series ends? And you know what, I'm sure there's back channeling going on right now that that probably is against rules and regulations. But even with this surgery, Dan, He's still going to be the you know, the the hottest free agent that we've seen since Alex Rodriguez the first time when he signed with Texas. Like, I can't think of another player who's gone out there and reach free agency. I mean Bryce Harper, but that that free agency sort of collapsed on itself, and that that to me, is going to be the defining question here. Are teams going to use the UCL issue as an excuse to avoid going after a transcendent player or are they not going to get in their own way and say this is a once in a lifetime literally Dan, a once in a lifetime guy, and we have the opportunity to get him purely for money. We don't have to give up players, we don't have to give up prospects. All this is going to take is money, and I think the smart owners out there will approach it that way, and we're going to see a pretty interesting free agency on account of that.
Speaker 1: All right, give me the teams one through three that you think are going to be tough to be they're going to be in for the sweep stakes. Here, Can I.
Speaker 9: Go more than that? Because I don't. I haven't like I don't think there's an established favorite at this point. I think coming into this season, the expectation was Dodgers or bus I don't think that's the case anymore. Like around the industry, the Dodgers certainly have interests in Otani and they're certainly going to be there, and if they ended up with him in their uniform next year wouldn't surprise me. But the Dodgers are going to be there. I think the Boston Red Sox are going to be there. I think the Chicago Cubs are going to be there. I think the Texas Rangers are going to be there. At San Francisco Giants, you know, a team like Seattle is really interesting to me. What is Seattle's appetite going to be to go for the years rather than that short term, high dollar contract. And I don't know if it's going to play out this way necessarily him. But it would not surprise me at all if a couple teams early on jump in with offers for like four years at two hundred and forty million dollars, you know, just saying, hey, we're not going to go long term with you, but we will give you, you know, fifty percent more than any player has ever made. We will make you a sixty million dollar a year player. And at that point is Otani going to be intrigued by that or is that simply going to embold in him to take that sixty million dollar a year number and try and get it for eight or nine or ten years as opposed to the four or five that some teams might want to might want to offer.
Speaker 1: The Angels' odds did they move it all increase, decrease with the injury that he had.
Speaker 9: I guess maybe increased slightly, because there's a chance that the market just collapses, right, There's a chance that teams look at this and say, you know, we thought he was a sixty million dollar year player, but now there's just too much uncertainty, and the Angels could swoop in. But I gotta be honest, I'm not sure that the Angels are willing to go out there and spend the money to resign him. I don't know. I don't know how heavy the interest is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Could they have traded him almost two months ago? I know that we said that they should have.
Speaker 9: Yes, of course they should have. I mean it was I wrote this in my column on ESPN dot com yesterday. It was giving out awards, and the biggest blunder goes to the Los Angeles Angels for not doing what was patently obvious to everybody not named Artie Moreno. And when you have an impetuous owner who makes decisions flying by the seat of his pants, and suddenly, like five days before the trade deadline, when you have good offers lined up for a guy who in all likelihood is going to leave, but if you hold on to him, all you're going to get out of it is like the seventieth pick in the draft is compensation, and you say, you know what, we're fighting for a wild card spot and that sounds like a damn good idea. I mean, it's malpracticed, Dan it is.
Speaker 1: And then I mean.
Speaker 9: Of course they're going to double down on it by going out and getting Lucas Gilio and Ronaldo Lopez that day, and then a month later they give those guys away for free. I mean, it's just organizational incompetence that I frankly don't blame the baseball operations people for because they're just doing what their owner asks. It's just extremely poor ownership, simple as that.
Speaker 1: Always great to talk to you, Jeff, Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 8: Pleasure is always mind dad.
Speaker 1: Thanks buddy, Jeff Passon Mothership ESPN senior Baseball insider. Get a couple of phone calls here. You know, we brought it up quite a few times ad nauseum and because I could see this unfolding you he was not going to stay. Now we didn't know he was going to get hurt. But even then you could have traded him. Now, maybe the agent says, go ahead and trade him. He's not signing with whoever you're going to trade him to, So what's your return going to be? And that might come out eventually that maybe they did explore a trade and the owner or you know, the owner tried to because all I would want to know is what's the number and do you want to stay? And if you can't give me an answer to both or at least one of those. Then I'm gonna trade you. I have to do that as a businessman, and this is a business decision. And we talked about that quite a few times, that the Angels were going to walk away with nothing out of this. A couple of phone calls in here, Uh Keith in New Orleans. Hi Keith, good morning. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Hey? Dan? And Dan?
Speaker 10: I appreciate you taking my call?
Speaker 5: Are you Ben? Oh?
Speaker 1: Spectacular? That's good?
Speaker 10: First time call A long time listener.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 10: Five eleven in the morning, five ten of a day goes on two forty Okay, I got two things Dion did Dion open up Pandora's box. And what I mean by that is if another coach, new coach, come into another college with less fanfare, less hoopla and do the same thing Dion did, will that be accepted? What I mean by that is coming in getting rid of forty five fifty players bringing in other players. Did he open up something that's going to be uncontrollable or would it be a double standard?
Speaker 1: Well, the portal did that. And what Dion was saying is, look, the coaching staff and the players are responsible for one win. Last season. Well, why do I want to have that coaching staff or anybody on that staff or those players if they only won one game. I'm going to bring in my players, my coaches and do it my way. Well, you know, nil and the transfer portal allowed him to do it, because you know in the older days that you wouldn't transfer, but you had to sit out a year. Then then you can't do that reclamation project, no mass transfers. Dion was able to do it. Will other coaches do this, maybe not to this degree, but yeah, of course, I mean coaches do this. They're just no, there's not any attention attached to it the way it was with Dion, and Dion putting it on social media that he's telling these kids to their faces in a large conference room, basically, pack your bags. I don't need you anymore.
Speaker 10: Right, That's what he did, just the way he did it. The other question is Lane Kiffen is the auditioned for the job replacing when Nick Saban retires. As wee cand.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you know, if you're Alabama boosters, you know you want to see keep an eye on Lane kiffinn offensive genius there. And you know Dabbos Sweeney. Maybe a little bit of the luster is lost there with what's happened at Clemson. But yeah, I think you could look at Lane Kiffen. Would that be somebody that you want to hit your wagon to. I think we're coming up on the anniversary of him being fired by USC, been ten years, Does that sound right, Paulie.
Speaker 3: Tarmac Day, Yes, checking, Yeah.
Speaker 1: How humbling is that? You get you you land, and you come back from a loss, you land, and then all of a sudden it's like, yeah, uh Lane, you're gonna have to get your own ride home. You get kicked to the curb at the tarmac, like you don't even get They didn't have uber back then.
Speaker 6: Like what do you do?
Speaker 1: You got to call your wife and go, uh hunt, can you come and pick me up?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: Uh well I'm not the coach anymore at USC? Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next week will be the ten year anniversary. They call it the FBO firing because he was in the little offices there the private jets. Oh god, big loss to Arizona State cost him his job, yeah, and others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and USC plays Arizona State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Lane Kiffin. According to the La Times, He was called off the team bus at three am as they were preparing to head back to campus on the group of buses and his small room inside the terminal. Pat hay the ad was sitting there and told him he was done. I don't know how he got home. I think we asked him how he got home from the airport. I think someone at some Stafford game a ride. Oh my god checking.
Speaker 1: You imagine you're on the bus getting ready to go, coach head count and all of a sudden, Pat Hayden shows up and says, uh, lane can yeah, yeah, yeh man, that's tough loss. Yeah, I really was. You know, we're gonna get him going. We're gonna get yeah about that. You're not going to be on the bus ride. I have to I'm going to fire you. Has a coach been fired in a more unceremonious fashion than that? Oh?
Speaker 3: Wasn't there one that was on TV?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was HERM Edwards? Was Herr Edwards at Arizona State told in the end zone, I think walking off the field, I'm the athletic director. I thought that cameras eight on the game. Yeah, it's called network and they showed her Edwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you rather get fired like that walking off the field with the athletic director or you have to get off the team bus in front of your team and you're brought in and fired. Yes, yes, I'll take it on the field.
Speaker 4: It gives me a little ecture time to figure out how I'm getting home in an uber situation. And I got to buy an airline ticket.
Speaker 3: And grab my gear, all the all the free swag before to leave the locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just something about like, you know, what is so bad, like just please leave now. We can't even wait. That's just brutal. On the field, that is just brutal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the field, on the tarmac, on the.
Speaker 2: How about a nice uh you know, Saturday afternoon loss. How about a nice Monday morning firing. That's that's the timeline for me.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take a break.
Speaker 7: More.
Speaker 1: Phone call, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was HERM Edwards. The ad was talking to him as he was leaving.
Speaker 1: There, and you could see he's told something where Herm's surprised and if you have it on camera, it's like HERM come over here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know how HERM is he's always fired. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're going to fire you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now let me get off the field here, all right, we'll take a break. More phone calls coming up back after this. Every day we talk about our friends at Panini America and why not the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Also check out their NFT platform and NFT dot Panineamerica dot net one of the kind digital cards. Get these I PACs, but also the public auction is really cool. On the site, you're going to find the hottest rookies', biggest superstars, the old time greats, and the newly released packs from all of the biggest brands that Panini represents. They are available as NFTs. Panini NFT platform is the only platform where you can win physical versions of your NFTs. Also, collectors get the opportunity to pull autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, even one of one NFTs from every pack. Be on the lookout for college football's top players Paninees nil products. They are coming soon as well. You got Texas quarterback Quinn Viewers, You got usc great receiver Zachariah branch arch Manning, many more, Panini as you covered Paniniamerica dot Net, the official trading cards and NFTs of The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon Eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's up everybody? It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 1: What is Up on Game? You assd? Along with my fellow pro bowler TJ.
Speaker 11: Hutschman, Zada and Super Bowl champion Yep, that's right, Plexico Buruts. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded.
Speaker 1: With teachable moments.
Speaker 11: Listen to Up on Game with Me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Hutschman, Zada, and Plexico Burrs on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: Quite a weekend for college football. I know a lot of people have focused on Colorado against Oregon, but I can't remember a weekend where you had this many matchups with the ranked team. So number three, Florida State at number twenty three, Clemson number nineteen, Colorado at number eleven, Oregon number twenty five, Ucla at number ten, Utah number sixteen, Mississippi at number twelve, Alabama number fifteen, Oregon State at number twenty four, Washington State number four, Ohio State at number nine, Notre Dame number twenty two, Iowa at number seven, Penn State. All of that coming up this weekend. That's good stuff here. And Colorado in Oregon is a three eastern start, just to let you know, plan accordingly. Yeah, because that one is one of those where I thought it would be in the evening totally. Yeah, three o'clock.
Speaker 3: You know, Washington, the Huskies are getting no national love. Yeah, they got they got you know, they got a lot of ranked teams later in the season. They could they want to, you know, crash a party.
Speaker 1: Well, not everybody's gonna stay ranked, obviously, because you're gonna have losses in the Pac twelve. But uh, you know you got Colorado and Oregon. Uh, you're gonna have Ucla, Utah, Oregon State, Washington State, they're going to you know, somebody's gonna get knocked off there. Then you're gonna have teams drop out of the top twenty five. Yes, Paul, this is.
Speaker 3: Why Notre Dame should stay independent that they can play in Ohio State in September, you know, because if they're in the Big ten, I know they'll play Ohio State anyway. But then they're gonna, you know, do the old thing where they schedule some cupcakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that Ohio State and Notre Dame. You can see that in primetime coming up on Saturday night. I saw where, uh, Tiger Woods justin Timberlake are opening up a sports bar in New York and it's an entire city block. But I don't know is it a bar restaurant? I know it's got golf simulators in there, yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 3: It's got multiple rooms. Can you guys guess what the name is?
Speaker 5: Gonna be?
Speaker 3: Tiger Woods and justin Timberlake t squared, Oh okay, twenty two thousand square feet, four different golf simulators, lots and lots of TVs, and they're breaking it up into like there's a bowling area. There's a lounge which has TVs, but there's more bar and nice place. There's a pure sports area that just surrounded with TVs.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of room there. Remember when ESPN had ESPN the Zone, ESPN Zone Times Square, that was a big building and it doesn't exist anymore. The building does, but ESPN Zone does not.
Speaker 3: Yes, I always thought the danger of having a big corporate sports bar is closing time, because what if you were watching that Colorado Colorado State game at that sports bar and you're sitting there and it's one o'clock closing time, but you can stay up until two. Manager just doesn't want it till two, and they say, okay, guys, last call. I remember going to the ESPN Zone in New York City and we'd try to stay late for a game or something like we're closing at the Tuesday it's twelve and you're like, oh, all right, I guess we're leaving.
Speaker 1: Uh could you could you say last call at one? But we're going to stay open until the game ends. That maybe if I was the manager, that's what I would do.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the decor. There's lots of like tiger Woods, golf bags so forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the idea that it's an entire city block is insane.
Speaker 6: Yeah, city city blocks are are are massive.
Speaker 1: They have a bar that.
Speaker 6: Big, I know is incredible.
Speaker 1: Just if you said Tiger and Justin Timberlake were going to be there, I still wouldn't want to go. If I knew they're going to be there, Well, okay, I might be able to see them and then that's it. But you're you're asking that's a lot of people. I'm guessing this has to be close to Times Square. You want to get the tourists that come in because I don't know if locals. Locals love to have their own little bar. I don't know if you want to go to this. This is this is an event, Yes, Poem.
Speaker 3: I have it located at forty second Street in Bryant Park, which is about four blocks west of Grand Center.
Speaker 1: Nice area.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, mar this is quite the rollout for the insinct Super Bowl announcement.
Speaker 1: Oh you think that's attached to this? Look Justin got with in Sync at the VMA. Something's going on with in Sync, right, Something's going on. They're trying to be koy and it feels like they're ready to announce something. By the way, Colorado USC next week. What time do you think it starts? I think this is this has already been announced at Colorado. What time?
Speaker 3: Seven thirty pm Eastern Marvin.
Speaker 6: I'm with PAULI seven thirty Todd nine.
Speaker 1: Eastern, nine eastern Seaton.
Speaker 6: Can they change the time of the game or is this set right now? Like it has to be at the time?
Speaker 2: I think because depending on what happens with Colorado Oregon, I think that the USC time is hinging on.
Speaker 5: That m.
Speaker 1: I have nine a m. Pacific time.
Speaker 6: You're going with a noon kickoff on noon noon.
Speaker 1: USC Colorado big noon kickoff. I'm guessing nine am advantage Colorado.
Speaker 6: Damn, it's nine eight am.
Speaker 1: There you go. What's that song from Oh Your Girl? Oh and I've got my sweatshirt on my sweatsher done halftime? Yet?
Speaker 6: Didn't you turn it down?
Speaker 2: Because they wanted like a percentage of her, like the NFL wanted a percentage of her royalties of like records sold after her performance or something.
Speaker 1: Well, No, there was a pepsi coke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's possible. I just made that up too.
Speaker 1: No, I think they tried to do that maybe with Springsteen. You know, these artists benefit being at halftime show.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Taylor Swift is dating Travis Kelcey and she's dipping her uh toes into the NFL and perhaps she's the halftime show this year with Justin Timberlake because they just did that whole MTV Video Music Awards thing.
Speaker 1: And then Jason is playing in the super Bowl, and I thought she said she's.
Speaker 4: Never ever ever during halftime. That's what I thought from the getting Back Together song. She has a song called never Ever getting back Together.
Speaker 1: Thank you ton final hours on the way, I think one more iriting. We close that hour to so many memories, so many photos, so many VHS tapes, maybe eight millimeter tapes. Well they're probably in a box somewhere. Find them, find them now, and then go to legacybox dot com. Slash Patrick enjoy forty percent off to get started with Legacy Box. What Legacy Box will do is what well nobody does as well as they do. For a decade now the world's largest digitizer, they've helped over one million families relive wedding days, those chaotic childhood christmases, road trips, all of that and VHS tapes, camquarterer tapes, pictures, professionally digitize everything by hand here in the United States. Then they give them back to you on the cloud or a thumb drive, along with your originals. Go to legacybox dot com slash Patrick do it today. You're going to save forty percent. You're going to save all those memories too. Buy today, send in when you're ready. Go to legacybox dot com slash Patrick. Legacybox dot com, I'm slash Patrick and tell them we sent you