Speaker 1: This is that Ben and n Ashley I almost famous podcast Bachelor Countdown. This is the very first episode, as you heard, at the beginning of a really exciting time for us, as we lead up to grand season of The Bachelor. We're going to be speaking with each past Bachelor. I don't know if we're speaking with me.
Speaker 2: I don't know of every single one, but a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leading up to this amazing season that is upon us. And today we do have our first episode, and it's with a Bachelor who I've heard so much about, who I've heard from everybody that worked on the show that they loved him so much. And I mean this and I'll go into details here in a second. Brad Walmack.
Speaker 3: Brad Walmack, Oh my god, it's so cool to meet you. You are the first Bachelor I ever watched your second season, So in some way, if it weren't for you, maybe I wouldn't have the life that I have because I was just so obsessed with your season and it got me on the train.
Speaker 4: You are got her.
Speaker 5: Too kind, I've got to say, and I have to say I've been one to meet both of you. I think you guys are Bachelor Nation Royalty. I mean that I've so thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'm king of the nerds.
Speaker 1: At times it feels like and you get that, Brad, because you're king of the nerds.
Speaker 4: Brad.
Speaker 1: We have so much talk to you about. But I do want to start, and I said this when I was on The Bachelor. It was very important to me, mostly because I'm insecure and an only child, that I made a lot of friends with the crew because you're around the crew so much, and every crew member that I would get familiar with and get into conversation with, I'd always ask like, what are some of your favorite seasons? Or who are you some of your favorite leads? And everybody from Chris Harrison to wardrobe to camera and audio who'd been there for a long time always mentioned your name. And so there was something that you did right, not in a manipulative way, and not even because it was being aired on television, but there was a thing that you did during your time on filming that made people say, I appreciate, I respect and I like that guy.
Speaker 4: Thank you man.
Speaker 5: I First of all, that means a lot, of course, but you know, as you said, we were around those guys twenty four to seven, you know, and they very very very quickly became family, especially Chris of course. But anyway, it was a genuine relationship with those guys, and so that means a lot. To hear it coming from you. I want to say this, Stuf, I've heard nothing but good things about you too, and I promise I'm not trying to turn it around it in fact, both of you guys. But anyway, Yeah, no, I appreciate the acknowledgment. Man, I think the world of that entire crew still do to this day.
Speaker 3: Is that why you became the Bachelor twice? Because the crew loved you so much? Because America had mixed feelings?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know, Actually I.
Speaker 5: Think I became the Bachelor twice because of mental illness issues. I mean, I'm kidding, but you know, no, I America did have mixed feelings about it. I was very quickly reminded of that when I was announced the second time. And what a whirlwind though. You know, one thing I'll say, it's I do believe in the premise of the show, and so to be asked back a second time, heck yeah, I go head first in. I felt very very fortunate and wanted to give it a shot, and it kind of worked, kind of didn't depending on who's asking.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I had a great time.
Speaker 1: Well it's funny because back in the day they came to me. I don't know if it was a legitimate offer. I don't want to say that, but they came to me during Somebody's season right before it started and said, would you ever want to come back on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I thought of you, and I was like, I don't know if it goes better for me, Like I believe in the show, and I would be excited about the opportunity, and there's a side of me that wants to say yes because it is a gift to be in this like isolated environment to try to find love.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, but it can also like I'm not ready for that, the repercussions of what this could look like when everybody says, I'm I'm sick of this guy, because they're gonna get sick of you.
Speaker 6: So I want to dig into that a little.
Speaker 4: Bit with you.
Speaker 1: What did did you Did you feel support at any point or was it the second time around? Kind of just this uh chaos and tornado of negativity, you know.
Speaker 5: That's a that's such a good question. I'll tell you from cast and crew, well, I say cast, from production and crew, I felt immpt support. I mean, I'm embraced with open arms. But I got to tell you, man, the first time. You know, obviously you guys have done it too, but when you do the publicity tour and everything before the season begins, I will never forget this. I went on Ellen and I just bombed. I mean I just bomb And even the publicists at the time kind of was gave me the puppy eyes.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, that didn't go so well, you know what I mean, and so and I knew.
Speaker 5: I knew I was in trouble a little bit, and so and I had of course, journalists reminded me all the time about how I was not a fan favorite because I didn't choose anybody, and so, you know, but it's just one of those things. So to answer your question, it was kind of a mixture of both. But like I said, when we first started this, I dove in head first. I was going to say, hey, look man, I'm going to give this thing my all. I have absolutely no regrets. And I ended up meeting Emily amongst the other women, and you know, no regrets for that either, you know.
Speaker 4: And so I had a really good time.
Speaker 3: You mentioned your appearance on Ellen. Didn't you call you a jerk? I mean that must have rattled you. That's what I led you to bomb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 5: So she called me a jerk the first season because I didn't pick anybody, and then thank god, she asked me back for a little bit of redemption. But it was the third time I was on Ellen to announce the second season, and I don't know what it was, Ashley, I don't know. I'll admit I remember just being a ball of nerves going into that particular show, and only because I was I was realizing, Okay, I'm about to do this thing again, you know. And so it was really nerve wracking. And she didn't cut me any slack, of course, and uh, the audience wasn't having it. I mean it was it was a bad it was a bad appearance. But uh, but yeah, she did call me a jerk, but thank god she apologized.
Speaker 2: Why did she apologize.
Speaker 4: I think I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I think she got the other side of the story, you know, not picking anybody the first season of course, I became public any number one right away, and and that was not my intent. I wanted to stay true. And I've said this so many times. I really do believe in the premise of the show, and I just didn't want to sell out. And so I think she took her initial reaction and was thinking, who does this guy think he is?
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 5: I guess through I don't know, some other channels, she got the true story and she invited me on. I was able to tell my side of the story, and so it went a little bit better. So yeah, I don't know, I got a little bit of redemption, but not much.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: I never watched your first season, Okay.
Speaker 3: But I but you know, of course I knew what happened because I watched your second season and all that, and I just maybe because I didn't watch it, but I always thought that perhaps it wasn't a jerky decision to not pick somebody that you weren't fully into. I think that was a respectable decision.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. I you know, and I've been able to say this very publicly. I I told the producers when we first started interviewing for the show to begin with that I might not be the best guy because I just I really want to stay true to my heart and I really do, and so and I did. And as amazing as the women were, there just wasn't a love connection, I think on all sides, frankly, and I just didn't want to lead anybody on. So I appreciate that, and I'm pretty proud of the decision, even though I got beat up a little bit, actually a lot.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too, when fans of the show watch the show, you know, for and I think there is a big group that would agree with you and say, yes, that he was staying true to his heart. He was doing what felt right. That's honorable and that's something that we should be proud of. There's also the group, obviously, that came after you for that, and they come after every lead for decisions made. I think, being a part of the show, as Ashley and myself have been, I hear this and I'm like, what a what a courageous decision, honestly, because you don't go on this show hoping to spend three months of your life breaking up with people and shedding tears on national television and opening up your heart to try to find love to then at the end just say, yeah, this didn't work. That is a that would be a really hard decision.
Speaker 6: To come to.
Speaker 1: I don't know even how you would get to that decision, because it would take so much strength. But I hear this, and I'm like, this is maybe I'll say it the most honest season that we've ever had.
Speaker 5: Then well, well I appreciate that, man very much, and I'll say it. I will very publicly admit I wanted something to work out from that show. I wanted a relationship to work. And Ashley, you and Jared Jesus Man, you guys love stories just so amazing.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it and and I promise I'm not just saying that to get on your good side.
Speaker 4: I really love it.
Speaker 5: And so, but when I went into that show, I genuinely wanted that. I remember talking to my twin brother whenever I was asked to do this show and saying, hey, man, I'm not dating anybody. This might be a really good way to find somebody. Get out of my box and I'm sorry, out of my bubble. And so when it didn't work out, trust me, I was just as disappointed as anybody or everybody else and so I was a little bit surprised about being expected to stay within parameters of the show, meaning being told, no, you have to pick somebody. Yeah, I'm not talking about by the producers. I'm talking about by just for a public opinion, right, yeah, And it just I just don't understand. I mean, where are for me? At least I was talking about real life. I mean, sure it's it's it's televised and it's filmed, but it was very real for me, and and it just didn't work out unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Emily because it is like, like Emily is Wow, what a captivating figure and also extremely elusive in the bachelor community. No podcast can get her on, not even Trista like the rog Girl can get her on. How what is she? Have you had any interactions since you broke up? Like, what's she like? Why is she so elusive? She has six kids now, she's married, Like, just tell us a little bit about Emily.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you everything I know at least one. I think you said you hit the nail on the head. She's extremely captivating, she is pure to her core, just an exceptional human being. And you know, you ask if we've had any interaction. You know, I'm a very very respectful guy when it comes to situations and if someone's in a relationship. Meaning I remember when I had heard she gotten married, and I reached out and said, hey, I'm genuinely happy for you. And that's exactly what she had been wanting. She had been wanting marriage, a beautiful family, and she has all of that in them some right and so but as far as being Emily, yeah, she is a little elusive. I don't think she needs much. And I mean that in such a complimentary way, you know, and and where I think i'mind of a sellout.
Speaker 4: I'll do anything, but I'm kidding. Actually no, it's yeah, I love it, but no, it's uh.
Speaker 5: I say it with almost utmost admiration. Actually that how she carries herself and what you see is what you get.
Speaker 4: And you know, we did.
Speaker 5: Realize, I'll admit this, we realized really quickly we were two different people once we got back into the real world. And I think I'm a little rough around the edges and she is extremely refined. Again, I'm saying that in a complimentary way. And when I look at her from the outside, looking in and seeing what she's the life that she's created and and built.
Speaker 4: I couldn't be happier.
Speaker 5: And so but yeah, I'll reach out to her one time and that's it. And it was a congratulator and it was a sincere congratulations.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys are like Barbie and Ken.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll tell you what it's uh, maybe for a brief you know what, do they call it the fifty seconds or something? But I really enjoyed my time with her. She has a pure soul, you know what I mean? And so I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. And you know, things don't work out unfortunately, and here we are.
Speaker 6: The rough edges Ken would be.
Speaker 3: He's a different version. He's like an Austin bar owner Katon.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 4: There you go. I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Well, Brad, you actually might be a little bit and maybe more in Emily's shoes right now because you just hard launched a picture with a girlfriend and you really haven't posted about women or been public with women since being with Emily.
Speaker 2: What's going on there?
Speaker 5: I like that you guys are well informed. I guess you can't hide from that. You know what's so funny? I spent forever kind of evading and shining away from Instagram and all social media. You but but I got to tell you, Yes, I am in a relationship and she's worthy of I didn't want to hide her.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: But there have been other women that you were willing to hide.
Speaker 4: Well, but that sounded so much. So you're you're calling me out, and I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it, I get it, and I guess that's what I signed up for. But no, this is the first time we're we're we're hitting it off. I don't know what else to say, and and we're having a lot of fun together. She's an inherently kind human being, and I don't know what else to say. I'm I'm I'm really happy. We're really happy together right now. And so I appreciate you acknowledging that, and I'll pass that along to her. So I'm so embarrassed. I'm sure I'm beat red, but I love it in I like it, you know, contrary to popular belief, I'm a really shy guy. And so I was proud to say, Hey, I don't know what she sees in me, but I'm glad she does see something.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's hard launch this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you explain a little bit to the listeners and to Ashley myself, because you do say you called yourself a sellout, I would say you're one hundred percent not Uh, if you'd be everywhere all the time. Yeah, yeah, quite private is actually how I would describe you would have hit paradise. But you obviously at some point said I want to share this with the public for whatever reason. Walk us through a little bit of the details to how it led up to the point where you said, let's let's let this thing go.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what, and I'll try to make this quick. I don't want to bore anybody, like I said. So, I just jumped on Instagram maybe four to five months ago, and I'll tell you the only reason I did is, Guys, I'm over fifty years old, right, I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe it. I tried to do the math on this. I was like, how old was he when he was the bachelor?
Speaker 4: Hey? What pretty old I was?
Speaker 2: You were an old bachelor.
Speaker 5: I was an old bachelor if I remember, right, was at thirty four, thirty seven, respectively. I think so and so, Yeah, I was one of the older ones.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think had a huge age gap.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sure that played a role with two.
Speaker 5: She didn't want to be changing my depends at at a later age, I don't know. But anyway, but the only reason I jumped on Instagram is this whole thing. And I won't bore you guys, but you know, just kind of this fitness over fifty type thing. I won't even get into because it's boring. But with being online, I didn't want my partner. I didn't want her to see that and then just to feel like, you know, I'm kind of hiding her whatever. And that's that's why I said, hey, man, if this is what this is all about, if people want to peek behind the curtain a little bit, been great. I mean, she's a huge part of my life, and that's exactly why I said, hey, let's just do this. But you're right, I have been private up to a certain point. Now I don't know what I'm doing, guys. Maybe a midlife crisis, who knows.
Speaker 6: That's all right, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I freed it.
Speaker 6: It brings me to a question.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to phrase it for you necessarily, but you were thirty four and thirty seven when you're The Bachelor. Right, You're now fifty years old and you just recently launched a relationship. Right. You went on this show, as you said at the beginning, believing the premise and wanting to find a partner. Sure you haven't, right in sixteen years?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: What has this been like for you personally these sixteen years of still looking, obviously and still wanting.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's a great question too, man. You know I'm going to I'm going to give you the cliche answer, but it's not cliche. I was very, very, very heavily involved in my career. And I have to give my business partner's credit because they're happily married. They have been for years, and they did it right, and so I just couldn't find a way to do that, to find that balance. I'm very happy to tell you may have. Twenty twenty four, we sold our entire company. I've had a little downtime, and it brings perspective into life, you know, and and so what this woman has brought into my life, and I'm sure in your relationships too, it opens up this whole other door of of experience and and well just experiencing life. And I'm here for it. Man, and so you asked about the sixteen years. Sure I could blame it on Oh yeah, it was hard, you know, working away whatever. But maybe I had some things to work out. I don't know, you know. And but I got to tell you right when I met this girl. You know, they say when you know, you know, and I know that's a heavy statement. I know that, so let me preface this. But it feels like I'm kind of living out my when you know, you know, in a very blissful way. And so maybe it was just timing, Ben. I don't no, man, I've never subscribed to a specific timeline. So I'm feeling good about this right now.
Speaker 2: Speaking of timeline, are kids in option or a want?
Speaker 5: No, you know, that's a that's a good question. And we both have had and and you know, people have their desires. But she didn't want children. I didn't want children. I love children, I love them, and but but personally I've never wanted them, and neither does she and so and and you know, frankly, that's actually been kind of a deterrent in past relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that that that was something that you've always stood firm on.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, and and but and like, let's let's bring up the obvious. Emily had a.
Speaker 2: Child, yeah, six kids now too.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And and when I met her, she had Ricky of yeah, beautiful child. And I had the immense pleasure of spending time with Ricky and was thinking, Okay, this might be my life and I was loving it. I wanted I want to make that very clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then you know, as time goes on, I just did realize and maybe it was work or whatever that maybe I'm.
Speaker 4: Just not at a point that I want children of my own.
Speaker 5: And I have some nieces and nephews that I absolutely love, and I try to play the cool uncle role, and but that's it for me and my partner. Now she's on the same page, thank god. And so where to give you this?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that you found somebody, Yes, on the same page.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now was this something like I feel like with Emily? She probably wanted a huge family always?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So back when you guys were together, did you think that you wanted kids?
Speaker 4: No? I would no.
Speaker 5: Actually I was open to the fact of let's say, take it on a family with children, and meaning Ricky of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're open to taking on a family like that, but maybe not having your own.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yeah, yeah, and and you know, raising a new born and things like that. And I mean that's a big decision. And obviously, and you know, Emily and I discussed it a little bit, but let's face it, guys, I mean we weren't really together long enough to have those fundamental conversations and and you know, and and I love our time together. It was just albeit brief, right, and so but yeah, I'm sure that was discussed at one point, but I will I do again. I want to make this abundantly clear. I saw Ricky as a treasure. I want to make this abundantly clear. But yeah, but but after Emily and everything, I started realizing maybe my own children just aren't for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brad, you you mentioned this. This is a little bit. This is a little deep.
Speaker 4: Let's know that.
Speaker 6: Entry made me nervous.
Speaker 4: Save me ben control.
Speaker 6: This is like a marriage here. I'm just I'll sit.
Speaker 3: Back and has it freaking me out to ask the question? Okay, So on your Instagram, you know, you talk all about health and how it's affected your mental health, your your physical strength.
Speaker 2: You talk on a podcast.
Speaker 3: That you posted to your Instagram about how you were diagnosed with bipolar disorder twenty years ago. That means it was actually kind of close to your first season of The Bachelor. Yeah, can you explain how that diagnosis affected your time as the Bachelor? Both times you also have mentioned that you don't currently take medication for it, because when you did, you were a zombie.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you are very very well informed. I gotta now I'm learning. Anytime you put something out on Instagram, that's there forever, you know, so I can do to this game. So same help me anyway.
Speaker 2: You make the research easy when you post on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I know, right, And so I appreciate the question. So I don't know if you guys watched the beginning of the second season, but they actually filmed the sessions with a psychiatrist.
Speaker 4: I can't make this up.
Speaker 5: And they thought it would be very beneficial to the audience to say, hey, yeah, I mean that was part of the show. Yeah, and that was and I want to make this clear, that was actually my psychiatrist.
Speaker 4: It was show. And so.
Speaker 5: You know, it's one of those things that I talk openly about only because it can it can create some havoc and and and chaos in your personal life. I try to deal with it. I try to mitigate it. That's one of the reasons fitness and other things, the little boxes I need to check are so important to me to mitigate that and just to feel productive on a daily basis. But to answer your question, how did it affect me? In hindsight, it recavoc and especially after the ending of both seasons. You know, I do genuinely care what others think of me.
Speaker 4: And we just.
Speaker 5: Established after the first season it wasn't too good and and that and that weighed heavy on me, you know, and and caused some some a pretty big roller coaster ride, right and but I got through it. And and I'm a huge advocate to discuss anything in all things regarding mental health issues, of course.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: And so but now I've seen somewhat regulated. Life's good. Right now, Life's really good. And it's it's steady. I like that.
Speaker 1: That is it's it's funny, Brad. I have to tell you before we jumped on with you. And I don't know if Ashley has any more questions to fall up here. I don't want to take up that.
Speaker 2: Those are definitely the big ones I've covered.
Speaker 1: We were having a little production call and our producers were like, we got what we're gonna do on social media is we're gonna post a picture of Brad's body. And I said, why are you posting a picture of Brad's body?
Speaker 6: They're like, because he is in great shape. Oh, And I was like, that's cool.
Speaker 1: And then you got on here and you're popping through your Henley and I was like, damn, Like the guy.
Speaker 5: Is look, I don't know. I think you are just witnessing. I think I said this me living a midlife crisis very publicly.
Speaker 4: That's doing it well.
Speaker 6: You at least you're doing it looking good.
Speaker 5: No, I appreciate that, man, And I think we're all doing just fine.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, I love life. I like to take care of myself. I like to be happy, and obviously you guys do too. But I appreciate the I think the compliment. I appreciate that very much.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of like just easy direct questions. See you as we close up our time here. You mentioned that you sold your business in twenty twenty four. What's next for you anything professionally? Or is this early retirement?
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely not early retirement and not at all. I mean, I want to work desperately. And so you know, my twin brother and another guy, but my twin brother was my business partner for all twenty four years of our career. And we're talking, we're having conversations now about jumping right back in just something hospitality based.
Speaker 4: I don't want to give up work.
Speaker 5: I feel alive when I'm working, and so I'm excited about I got to tell you I have enjoyed some downtime just to reflect. I love life, man, you know, and and you know, you mentioned something. I'm not gonna I promise I'm not gonna get cheesy.
Speaker 2: But we love cheese.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, let's get cheesy.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, Gray, you mentioned.
Speaker 5: Something about being and I'm paraphrasing, but being lucky to be on the show. You it's something about that, and I do feel fortunate to be part of all of this, right, And that's what I mean about loving life and so these little experiences and so I'm experiencing this little chapter of downtime and I'm not in a big hurry to get back to work, but I do want to. Life is really good, man. So to answer your question about what's next. I'm really not in a hurry. I know, I'm going to get back to work, but I am I'm really enjoying my daily life right now. And so and it feels good to be able to say that, you know, So, life's good.
Speaker 1: How did you deal with this season, like a year ago, when everybody was putting memes out there for Brad and Chad because there's nothing your twin brother.
Speaker 5: But you know, every time, I actually sometimes my mom, I'm like, really, mom, and wanted to do that to us, like Brad and Chad, I mean and and so, But I with it.
Speaker 2: It had to be a little bit of a joke, right of course.
Speaker 5: I mean, of course, you know, and I trust me. I'm I'm all our biggest critic, and so I pile on on my brother and I more than anybody. And we can take a good joke. So yeah, we'll be a living meme. We can take it. We've got that.
Speaker 1: And then I just I want to know, did you does your girlfriend now does she know you from the show?
Speaker 4: No, I mean obviously she caught wind of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But but you know, it's not like I walk around identifying with it or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if i've Oh yeah, it's in my tagline actually on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I think a two time that's or failure or something or bio whatever it's called anyway. But no, we've talked about the show, of course. I mean, I think every body's fascinated with the overall experience.
Speaker 4: But no, that was not a key factor in us meeting or anything like that, thank god. You know. So, yeah, she was somewhat oblivious.
Speaker 2: And she wasn't a fangirl.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why she actually likes me, you know, it's she was oblivious to my past.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 6: Stop.
Speaker 3: I still think that you are one of the more iconic bachelors for sure. Now I've focused a lot on Emily, but I want to talk about Deanna Pappis, who also dumbed at the You dumbed her at the Altar, And she was just on our iHeart Like Family podcast called I Do Part two, and she broke down about her divorce. She was married for a long, a long time, at least like six seven years, right, and the divorce was not her choosing. Okay, and Chris Harrison told us that one day, you guys may meet up. Yeah, did you ever meet up? What's your relationship with Deanna? Any advice for her in this tough situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you, and I want to say this, I love that woman, love her. We never met up in person. We did get in contact through Instagram, of course. I'm learning that's another great way to stay in touch with people. And she is still to this day, so gracious kind. We communicate relatively often, and you know, I know she was hurt by her divorce. That obviously hurts me because I do genuinely care about her. She's one of the ones I mean, aside from Emily. I'll say it that I feel so strongly connected to and always will. I feel connected to her family. Believe it or not, I really liked her family, and so anyway, I will always carry that relationship very strongly and proudly in my heart. And to know that she's still hurting kind of break my heart, to be honest. But I think she's a remarkable human being and hopefully we stay in touch for the rest of my life. Yeah, she's a good person, really good person.
Speaker 6: Actually, did you watch that season? Was that the season?
Speaker 4: You want?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no?
Speaker 6: You were the next season, Yeah, I'm too old.
Speaker 5: I think I think that's Ashley's way of saying I'm way too old.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, but that season, I guess would have been like my freshman year of college, and I think your season was my senior year something like that, just graduated, something like that.
Speaker 1: I was hoping she's gonna be like I was in sixth grade and my parents wouldn't let me watch that season. Brad again, as we close up here, are you still watching the show at all?
Speaker 5: I don't, man, I still try to kind of stay in touch. I'm telling you, man, I respect the hell out of that franchise and all things that are involved with it, and so but no, I really don't, and only because I don't watch It's TV these days, you know, And so I did. I'm gonna tell myself. I very furiously googled who the next Bachelor was gonna be in case you guys were going to ask me.
Speaker 6: He seems like a nice guy, you know, so I wish him.
Speaker 4: All the luck. The only thing I would tell him is buckle up. You know.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things that Jesus man, you think you haven't figured out, and you do not and I'm sure you guys can attest to that, you know, and it comes at you quick, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It's a fun ride.
Speaker 6: It's a fun ride.
Speaker 1: I the only when I get to talk to the Bachelor, really, the only advice I have is, uh, this is gonna be a roller coaster, but you will survive.
Speaker 6: If I can do it, you can do it too. You'll be right.
Speaker 5: Can I say something of you Ben real quick? Your time as a bacheler and again not trying to get on you guys, good side by far. I think you were the best one period. And Christ I'm not kidding at all. Just a stand up guy, solid guy, uh, genuine and and I'm not trying to use all the buzz words that we all use, you know, describing each.
Speaker 4: Other or whatever.
Speaker 5: But I've told Chris this man just job, very well done for setting the example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it means a lot.
Speaker 2: It does so sweet to it.
Speaker 1: I mean it, I mean it so anyway, you know what you say that and it means something to me because it is such a as you've mentioned, an important season of life one two I think, uh maybe it was decently dune because it could be related with because I think I went into it not having any idea what in the world I was doing there, and as a result, people watching there like he was kind of the bachelor.
Speaker 6: I would be the bachelor. He was kind of.
Speaker 1: Confused, kind of tried to figure out his way. Got really emotional because this thing was overwhelming. So innocent and pure, Yeah, right, innocent and pure.
Speaker 4: We needed a pure in this world.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that, buddy. It means a lot and our little angel look back on.
Speaker 3: Did you watch his season in like our time on the show. Oh yeah, oh yeah, you continued.
Speaker 5: A few seasons I did watch, and I'll tell you the one season that I purposely, of course didn't watch was Emily's.
Speaker 4: Season as Bachelor Matte.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that would just be for my salt and my own loose But yeah, of course I carried over a little bit. And I'm fans of you guys. You know, it's it's just in certain other people that have been on the show. I like this, and so I've been anticipating this conversation. You know, I'm kind of fanboying to you guys, and I appreciate you having.
Speaker 4: Me on very much.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you, Brad. Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean my pleasure, truly, my pleasure. Guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you a great start to our Bachelor row as I'm going to call it, our series of Bachelor interviews leading up to Grant's premiere.
Speaker 4: Let's go, good luck Grant.
Speaker 6: I'll say that, Brad, you're the best. Appreciate you, and uh, let's not now that you have.
Speaker 1: Some time on your hands, let's not make it too many more months before we have you back on.
Speaker 5: I'm yours buddy. Thank you so much, guys, it means a lot. Bye, all right, bye guys.
Speaker 2: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.