Speaker 1: Well, this is technical director Ashton. It looks like I'm the only one that showed up on a classic Saturday second Day update. So I'm gonna leave my Venmo code at the bottom. If anyone wants to send me some extra cash, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: How do you go from zero matches, no prospects on your dating profile to suddenly having your inbox full of available singles all wanting to meet you.
Speaker 3: Instead.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about like catfishing or lying about yourself to trick people, because one of our listeners says he adjusted one little thing on his app that instantly changed the game for him.
Speaker 4: Immediately he got.
Speaker 2: Way more swipes and he wishes that he'd done this years ago. You're gonna hear how he pulled it off, coming up in your second date.
Speaker 4: Update, next second date update.
Speaker 5: Date.
Speaker 2: Dating older women, it's like adult braces, because you're gonna get to a point in your life where it's like, gosh, I probably need it. I know it's good for me, but it's also gonna be weird because everyone around me is gonna see me, They're gonna be judging me for it. I'm gonna try and keep it a secret. You know, keep my mouth shut. Literally, that is a younger man's perspective on dating up above his age. But because you're yet yeah, one day, one day, I might get to the point where I need adult braces and I need an older woman. But one of our listeners says he's brave enough to admit it right here on our show, and even braver to admit that she's not calling him back after their date. Okay, so let's talk to him. Nate, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: You're very brave.
Speaker 3: Why is this brave?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is like that is such a weird for her to take on a hid to deal with them? It's such a weird thing to say, Like how much older is this woman? I mean, I guess if she's thirty years older, then that's a yeah, that's a thing to tax.
Speaker 2: Which retirement home did you meet this gal at?
Speaker 6: I didn't meet it at a retirement home. I met her on a dating app.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, And what's your guys' age gap? Do you know?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm thirty two and she's forty nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not like you're a twenty two year old. That would be weird. Yeah, yeah, only because like, what do you want to do with a twenty two year olds?
Speaker 2: Are kind of which did the map? It's seventeen years difference between the two of them, is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: That's a big gap, but you know it's not undoable noticeable.
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 6: By the way, her name is Laurie.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how did you find Lauri online?
Speaker 6: Well? I decided, after a long time of just using dating apps, like with people around my own age, that I needed to branch out, okay, because I was getting kind of bored.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, like an older woman has to offer you instead of a woman in her thirties.
Speaker 6: Well, obviously experienced wisdom, but frankly, I just wanted something new.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, there's probably not much pressure for like babies and marriage because that's I could be her daughter. That's done.
Speaker 2: Actually, Nate might be going out with your mom.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, my mom is not Laurie, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe online she is. Okay, So you went out with Laurie? Where'd you guys go?
Speaker 6: You know, we want to have to eat. We had a nice time.
Speaker 5: Good? Oh?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 3: Like, what'd you guys connect over we.
Speaker 6: Just sort of talked. She actually invited me out and picked the place. She's much more successful than I am. She was like, I'm going to treat you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the older people tend to be for some reason, it comes to the territory.
Speaker 2: They just have more money. You didn't feel emasculated at all.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I'm a pretty progressive guy, you know, I'm not. I don't need to be quote unquote the man all the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: When you say that she was successful, what do you mean by that? Like you're talking about her job, sort of dealing her job.
Speaker 6: She's a businesswoman. She's like, is one of like a higher up some company. Like she's like a boss.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: What do you do? Do you mind us asking?
Speaker 6: I am a valet?
Speaker 3: Okay, she's a boss. You're an employee. Did you notice, like at any point in your guys' conversation like, oh god, we do come from two different generations.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I initially I was worried about that, but it ended up working. Okay. We talked about video games a lot, Like we talked about Rocket.
Speaker 2: League, which is crazy, Like I can't believe that she even knows knows Rocket Leaning.
Speaker 6: You get all.
Speaker 3: Was there anything like sexy about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she plays video games. Brook That is sexy to a man, you.
Speaker 3: Know, But I mean to her, it probably feels like she's talking to a teenage boy. I don't know she brought it up, did she or did he bring it up? She just knew what it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, We're just talking about what we were into. And I said, lately, I've been playing a lot of Rocket League. She was like, I know a Rocket League.
Speaker 3: She didn't just say, oh, it's a game with a buckets, it's actually a card game, or like I buy it for my sons.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, Nate tell us, was there any like weird stuff that happened during the day.
Speaker 6: I mean, like the waiter thought it was weird. The waiter was kept looking at me like really, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's kind of rude.
Speaker 2: I imagine nature's like drawing with crayons on the What do you do?
Speaker 9: What you do?
Speaker 2: So how did the night end?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I invited her back to my place, which she declined, which is in her right to do, okay, and then she gave me a kiss on the forehead.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I told you if she thinks of him as like it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a cute, funny thing. I mean, back in the day, I used to take things a lot slower romantically. So you started with the forehead kiss and then you slowly there was way more basis back in the day. I bet you kissed the server on the forehead.
Speaker 3: Was I born in the fifties or forties or something like? Have you seen what Alexis's mom is wearried out? Oh, she's not doing for head cans.
Speaker 2: No, I don't wear much. Let's do you left the day she went home? What's happened since then?
Speaker 6: Well, I've been trying to get a second date, but she's like really busy. I mean, she's got this crazy job and everything. But she did try to see if I was free this coming Tuesday at two pm, So weird time.
Speaker 3: Did you say yes or no to Tuesday.
Speaker 6: At two I said no because I'm at work. I mean, I love to meet her at two pm on a Tuesday, but okay, I'm parking cars man.
Speaker 2: Yeah makes sense.
Speaker 3: And then she's just been elusive when you've asked her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, this is definitely a new one for us.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's just that she's not interested because he's a younger guy that spent the day talking about video games and he, you know, doesn't have an equal job to her.
Speaker 2: I don't see a single wrong thing that what she said there, So.
Speaker 6: She wouldn't meet me at all, though the thing I think if she didn't like me.
Speaker 2: She pursued him on the app, like she swiped right on him, just the same way she's wiped right on her or whatever.
Speaker 3: We have ideas and that they turn out to be not as great as you thought. I don't okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that attitude. Coming into the second part. We're going to call this lovely, mature woman who is totally into you one hundred.
Speaker 3: Not going to call her that when we talk to her.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever the right thing to call her is. We're going to figure that out, and then we'll try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, Hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: We have a guy on the line named Nate who just revealed to us he went on a date with a woman seventeen years his senior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big gap and size.
Speaker 2: They're not connecting afterwards, and I know the girls in the room. Think it's because he was too immature and she's not going to want to talk to him about video games and Rocket League and that was a turnoff age gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Let me remind me you. The man to my left, Jose Bolanios, plays video games all the time and he's the most mature person I know. Hit him up at hilarious Jose on Twitch and find out what a catch she truly is. And I will say, for the record, I am the most single person I know.
Speaker 4: That's my choice.
Speaker 2: That's no woman holds him down, and that's.
Speaker 4: But I also think that's it.
Speaker 2: I think our listener name brought up a good point to the ladies. Think she regrets going out with a younger guy after the date, but she's the one who is asking him to hang out again, not.
Speaker 3: A younger guy, just him and ask him a time. No one's ever free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well tuesday. Just the point that she's reaching out, still engaging him, asking to see him again. I mean that must mean something, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like me to some degree, But she hasn't answered my last four text.
Speaker 3: She's busy. Okay, she's busy. She's a career woman.
Speaker 2: Let's just give it a shot. We're speculating forever. We need to call and find out. I've never called someone this old before, so I wonder if she'll take a lot do that.
Speaker 3: When we're on the phone with her, she is going to hang up on us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I won't say it.
Speaker 3: Do we need Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: I promise I'm not crossing any body parts. I won't say it. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, is this slurry.
Speaker 5: Speaking?
Speaker 8: Just call it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sorry, you're on the radio right now. Your voice kind of took me by surprise. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, I know why you have some weird I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We're show called broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 10: Yeah, why are you calling?
Speaker 3: It's a great question, Laurie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We do a segment called the Second Date Update, and that's where we help our listeners who have gone out with somebody hook up with them one more.
Speaker 3: Time, go out with them one more time.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you have.
Speaker 10: I think you might have a number. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: The name are you? Are you the LORI that went up with a guy recently named Nate to dinner? Oh God, a little younger than you?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry?
Speaker 11: How do we know this.
Speaker 3: You were having a reaction right now to that name.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we're not trying to like make this awkward for you, but Nate reached out to our show and told us that you guys went out and he's been trying to see you again.
Speaker 3: But oh god, he really liked you. Oh no, okay, okay, why.
Speaker 7: I'm well, I just I don't I think something got like some liars have been crossed here.
Speaker 2: What do you mean we're we're a little bit confused because he told us that you even mentioned a specific time and a date like two o'clock on a Tuesday, where you wanted to meet up with you and you couldn't make it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, I'm I feel bad because I had to be honest. I haven't been one hundred percent up front with him about my I guess my intentions for wanting to meet up with him.
Speaker 3: You met him on the dating app, right, Like, I mean, if you meet anybody on a dating app, it feels like the intention is to date romantic.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're just looking for a fling.
Speaker 11: No, I'm not.
Speaker 12: I'm married.
Speaker 3: Wait what? Oh wow, what do you mean you're married? Why are you want an app?
Speaker 13: I didn't mean to be on a dating the dating lay on this app and you can you can look for friendship. I was, you know, I put on my profile.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, WoT so you were on.
Speaker 3: The wrong section or he was on the wrong section.
Speaker 2: Did you did that come up during your date that you're trying to be his friend?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 12: I I guess I didn't. I wasn't like explicitly saying, you know, I'm just looking for a friend.
Speaker 13: I think I just what's.
Speaker 12: Happening is I have a step son and he is he's seventeen, and he can't draw, he can't think you're aut driving. And I was looking at this app.
Speaker 8: You know, some friends of mine use it, and they said, you know, take a look because sometimes you can meet people that have different skills that can actually help you out in the real world.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 8: I came across Nate's profile and I saw he's a valet and.
Speaker 12: My son is having trouble with parking.
Speaker 3: Oh, like, why wouldn't you just be out front and ask him like hey, and tell him what's going on? As soon as you message him on the app?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, he we were talking about you know, what do you like to do in your spare time. And so Nate brought up that he likes to play this game, rocket League, and I was like, oh, I know Rocket League because I have a kid who plays Rocket League.
Speaker 1: Oh that's.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well this is clearing up a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say other than we need to tell you that Nate is on the other line right now and has been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 3: Oh great, okay, God, wouldn't that be good because now it's clear Nate, I mean.
Speaker 10: Actually, yeah, I think this is I mean, I I don't. I can't believe he wouldn't just talk to me, but I could.
Speaker 2: Now's your chance to do it, Nate.
Speaker 6: You there, Yeah, I'm here. I'm in shocked.
Speaker 3: Nate, did you have any idea she was looking to just hire you to help her son?
Speaker 6: No, And I'm regretting calling the radio about it.
Speaker 3: That's a little darress.
Speaker 11: Why do you think I bought you dinner?
Speaker 13: I bought you dinner.
Speaker 10: It wasn't a date.
Speaker 11: I didn't want you to think it was a date.
Speaker 10: It was like sort of an interview.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't want a dinner for interviews, Like I've never taken a babysitter out to dinner because I wanted. I been like, Hey, is there a young thirty something man that wants to babysit my kids and let me take you out to dinner?
Speaker 4: Like that just seems you should give it a try.
Speaker 2: Works out really.
Speaker 3: Well, that's weird, it doesn't because she's here.
Speaker 13: Well, on the app, we.
Speaker 8: Were chatting before the date and he was saying how he was interested in, you know, and other.
Speaker 12: Business and e commerce and so I have experience in that, and I thought, you know, I'll scratch his back if he can scratch mine.
Speaker 3: I think he meant literally and.
Speaker 2: Some actual skin to skin contact.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I can't see that.
Speaker 3: Like, I can see why there's a miscommunity.
Speaker 2: And Nate, are we clearing things up for a year.
Speaker 6: So just to be clear, the two pm thing, that's not like a hangout afternoon delight sort of.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you have to hang out with him on a Tuesday at two.
Speaker 12: No, my son's off from school at that time, so you know, I just thought that's.
Speaker 11: Perfect time for driving lesson before his lacross start lessons.
Speaker 3: Or a perfect time before your husband gets home.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I still think, but Okay.
Speaker 11: No, you can go to my profile right now, I says, looking for friendship.
Speaker 2: Okay, hot tip. Men don't read the profiles.
Speaker 6: That just usually means you're not looking for something serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I mean, maybe include a picture of you and your husband next time. That could be something else.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I guess I'll do that.
Speaker 5: I will do that.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, we still have Nate on the phone with us here. Maybe there's some sort of deal that we could strike up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, are you still looking for like helping your son out, because like I could use some money.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he's interested.
Speaker 6: I'll pick money over forehead kiss any day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm so sorry about the forehead kiss.
Speaker 12: I honestly I didn't know what to do there.
Speaker 3: I do that to all my babysitters and people that help with my kids too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't every day when we leave. It's super awkward.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm I'm absolutely willing, you know, if the offer stands, I'm willing to help you out with some business.
Speaker 12: Business document and you know, different tips and everything. If you can help me.
Speaker 3: With my son, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: What do you say, Nate, This once of a lifetime opportunity, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I've got your number, let's work something out.
Speaker 3: Okay, right now, we're actually paying for a real business dinner this time, I.
Speaker 2: Guess, sir. Look at that, Nate. We're trying to hook you up with like a romantic partner, but we may have just gotten you a part time job insteadyhow.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'll take it?
Speaker 3: Hey, make sure to put us on your LinkedIn Okay.
Speaker 14: Well, it'll be a reference for you freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of text in seventy five nine two from people saying they meet friends on these dating apps all the time dating apps.
Speaker 3: Will you go in the friend part?
Speaker 2: Yes, you could meet friends on the dating part two. According to our listeners, it's more common than you'd think. Should we set up a friend Maybe we should set up a friend seeking profile for Brooke on Tinder.
Speaker 3: Sketchy dude, to have all these people who want to be your friend and you can.
Speaker 2: Reject them one by one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just claim I was just hiring him for my kid. I swear, now you get it.
Speaker 2: Then you'll end up on some other morning show during another second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sketchy. All that is so sketchy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's not for everybody, but if you ever do go out on a date, please just let's save it for the dates. Yeah, we're not doing the friend match online for this second. Yeah. If your friend's not calling you back, don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that hurts more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, painful. No, if you want help hooking up your romantic live email the show, we'll call that person wasn't calling.
Speaker 14: You back, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: In the history of this show, we've had outrageous second dates, awkward ones pull your car over to the side of the road and weep into your hands while hugging your steering wheel type of wow. Oh, we've had all different kinds. It's like a hundred car pile up on the side of the freeway of criers.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that was our fault.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oops are bad, But this I promise you today, out of all the ones we've done this year, is probably the most memorable of the entire bus Wow. And it all started with an unexpected situation that happened right after dinner was over, and it's something we've definitely never heard before.
Speaker 3: I honestly am still scarred. Can I say that.
Speaker 2: Scarred with love? You're gonna hear it in your extra memorable second date update happening right after this.
Speaker 4: Second date up dated.
Speaker 2: When listeners submit requests for phone taps or second date updates, they'll send it an email. Or you can also fill out like a little questionnaire on our website.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have like a submit form. You actually go to Brooknjeffrey dot com slash submit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's almost too easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you do it.
Speaker 2: There's a section on there where we ask people to tell us a little bit about themselves so that we can get an idea of who they are. And the guy on the phone today wrote in the about me section he alligator wrestles on the weekends, what has a collection of inflatable blow up dolls, and used to drive submarines for Russia until they fired him when he opened a window underwater and they didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Shut up, he's joking.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to take him at his word for it. Please welcome disgraced Russian submarine captain Eric to the show.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hello, Wow, Eric's not a very Russian name, And yeah, I don't detect any Russian accent. You must be just be quite the spy now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it, like you'd want fresh air if you're on a submarine. You know, makes sense. I'm just so funny.
Speaker 2: Guessing some of that about me section wasn't one hundred percent true.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you can all agree it gets a little stuffy with all the men on a submarine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, got hey, thanks for the laugh already. We didn't even get you on the phone before I started laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brook, it doesn't laugh that hard at any of my jokes, so you should probably be in my role. But we I know you wanted to do a second date update here. You went out with a woman recently.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: Yes, I went out with a very lovely woman by the name of Dana, and he had what I thought was a terrific date.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, real quick, did you guys meet on a dating app?
Speaker 6: We did?
Speaker 3: Does your dating app include the Russian submarine information?
Speaker 5: I don't remember whether I included that on the app. I mean, you know, I've got so many things that I used. It may have, I don't.
Speaker 2: So what stood out to you about Dana?
Speaker 5: Well, there was one butarticular photo that I really liked. It was part of the city that's near and dear to me, and I saw her sitting there and it just it really attracted me to her.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's interesting, like she obviously loves something you love.
Speaker 2: Is it the sewer or you wrestle alligators? Is that the area of the city?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, as funny as that would be, no, really, we we uh connected on travel, That's probably the main thing. Okay, she was a fan of that, and I had a lot of photos from my travel experiences. I not to say I'm the around the world an eighty days guy or anything, but I've I've been to a number of countries that I've enjoyed.
Speaker 2: So which country did you travel to for your first date? Was that exotic?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Or did you go simpler with it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 5: No, we went much simpler, and really I don't want to name names. We were mostly on opposite sides of the city, and she set it up. She was willing to come toward my side of the city to uh a small place I hadn't heard of.
Speaker 3: Oh, she found the spot that was near you.
Speaker 5: It was closer to me. I wouldn't say near me, but closer to me. She came more than halfway to meet me.
Speaker 3: Okay, was it like a bar restaurant where we at?
Speaker 5: It was a restaurant. It was a very small, independent Italian restaurant. It was lovely weather. We sat outside at a glass of wine, had dinner, just rehash some of what we had talked about on our initial phone calls.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was the vibe between you two?
Speaker 5: I was very much attracted to her, and I very much thought she was attracted to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, based on what was there, like a moment or like a like something that happened that gave you that feeling.
Speaker 5: Oh, that she was attracted to me. Nothing, Well, perhaps you you read into this what you think.
Speaker 3: But she showed up.
Speaker 2: She didn't leaves at least so sort of until times when I talked, she responded, when she went to the restroom, she actually came back.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know this sounds crazy, but a lot of these second dates and with them going to the bathroom and never coming.
Speaker 5: Back, When will she be back from the restroom?
Speaker 6: Okay, I do want to mention.
Speaker 5: I do want to mention the moment that you asked for, and you can tell me what you think of this. That is when it was time to leave, I had such an enjoyable time with her that we got up to leave and she was standing in front of me. Her hair was up okay, and the back of her bare neck was in front of me, and I just couldn't help that. I bent down and I gave her a kiss on the neck.
Speaker 3: And then on the back of her neck back like she didn't even see you coming.
Speaker 5: Did not see me coming.
Speaker 2: That just made me like clench my neck.
Speaker 5: As crazy as it sounds, or creepy as it tempts, she turned around and smiled.
Speaker 3: Are you sure it wasn't a cringe?
Speaker 5: I am sure her because some things happened later on. I don't want to go into detail.
Speaker 4: It was nothing that she kissed the back of your legs.
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: He starts top, she starts down.
Speaker 5: We got to know each other a little bit better. We were slightly more intimate than that.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you did find a good match, because I my gut reaction to somebody doing that would probably be like turn around and elbow and the face or something.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what's bad.
Speaker 2: When Brook says she isn't into it because she hasn't gotten any action for years, Honestly.
Speaker 3: Lick my neck. Well, I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe that's the reason why she's not reaching back to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's hard to think though, because she she did. Yeah, I'm assuming you're saying made out with you later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was it exactly. I kissed her as tenderly as I could, and she certainly wasn't against it.
Speaker 2: Okay. The more you describe your kissing, the less I likes. Yeah, we're gonna go into as little description as possible when we call her, and then we'll come back get your second date update. Hopefully if she answers no, I don't know, Okay, I think she's had enough tender stuff happened in the last few hours. We'll come back get your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 4: On second date update.
Speaker 2: You know, for our social media, I feel like we don't do quite enough to describe what's happening in these second date phone calls.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean because it's we obviously can't have the listener on video.
Speaker 2: Right, I think we need to give people more of a visual of what happened on Eric's date the other night. So we're gonna start rolling some video right here in the studio and have brook get up out of her seat and walk around to Alexis tenderly kiss her on the back of the neck the same way that Eric did.
Speaker 7: Tod Wine Impasta.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling Alexis, you're gonna like this way more than.
Speaker 4: You think you will think so.
Speaker 2: Actually, we've had this request on the text wort we do. But you might go back after this happens and start kissing all of your female roommates on the back of the neck. This might be a new like bonding activity.
Speaker 3: My breath is hot because I just had I had friedos with my but I've never seen this excited. You can feel me coming from like four inches away.
Speaker 2: All right, here comes Brooks. You're doing a little saunter dance over behind Alexis. Alexis exposed your neck to her. Please just digging through your hair. It's not gonna work too much.
Speaker 4: God, should we get the scissors out.
Speaker 3: I'm just to let you know I'm turned off.
Speaker 4: Sorry you turn off, exulting dude.
Speaker 3: Your neck is kind of hairy.
Speaker 2: We tried the girls and studio. Do you think, though, that's the reason that Eric is not getting a call back, because that was his go to.
Speaker 3: Move anything like what I just felt. I can't imagine being Eric and making that decision to make that.
Speaker 5: Eric.
Speaker 2: They're thinking that might be the reason that she's not calling you back.
Speaker 5: I certainly hope not. At the time, it seemed like the thing to do.
Speaker 3: Had you pulled that move before? Or is this the first time.
Speaker 9: That a question?
Speaker 5: No, first and only time. I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 6: I was tracked to her.
Speaker 2: That's honestly better because she had been down leaving her neck a little bit exposed in like a shark on Shark Week. Eric swam out from behind one of the tables and just pointed one on her open neck.
Speaker 5: There were no teeth involved, that no tea.
Speaker 3: I mean they did make out later, so she wasn't completely turned out.
Speaker 2: Must have been sort of into it. Those Italian wines at that restaurant must have hit pretty hard.
Speaker 3: But I need some of that right now.
Speaker 4: Now we got to call it Dana.
Speaker 2: Here we go. I'm going to dial her number right now. We'll see if she picks up. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Dana.
Speaker 5: Yes, this.
Speaker 2: Is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. That's why I said, we hi.
Speaker 3: There's more people here.
Speaker 10: Okay, Hi, can I help you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a segment called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help a guy that you went out with get in touch with you again so that you guys can meet up one more time.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure I'm interested in participating in this, to be honest with you, when.
Speaker 2: You find out who it is, you know, because as far as we've heard, it was a great night, at least according to Eric.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Italian restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: What did you think about the date?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean it was going okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 9: After we hung out, I was kind of just reflecting on the whole date thing, and he he just seems overly comfortable and experienced, like more than I expected, and more than other guys that I've.
Speaker 3: Met on this app have been experienced.
Speaker 9: Like he seems really used to dating, like he just did this all the time.
Speaker 3: Like he's an adult male awkward.
Speaker 2: I feel like he would want somebody who feels comfortable around him.
Speaker 10: I guess I'm not describing it right.
Speaker 9: I'm talking more of like a Jigalotle type of vibe, like an escort.
Speaker 3: Okay, like, what do you mean Sameeric that we were talking about, who uses the word tender a lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I went home and I was telling my roommate about it, and she told me that there's this Facebook page called are We Dating the Same Guy?
Speaker 4: Do you know what that is? I thought, what that is?
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say, and my roommate told me she hired him for me.
Speaker 2: What are we dating the same guy?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 10: Are we dating the same guy?
Speaker 9: As the thing on Facebook where like it's basically a mainly women and you post the picture of the guy you're dating, and you see anybody in there is also dating the same guy to.
Speaker 10: See if he's like, you know, dating multiple people at the same time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my roommate convinced me to post a picture on it.
Speaker 10: I was like, whatever, doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That page seems pretty toxic. I've seen showed it to me and it's like it's sketch.
Speaker 2: Are I bet Eric came back with glowing reviews.
Speaker 3: I don't take any woman on that page just one nice thing dude. Ever, it's never.
Speaker 2: Like here's the one that got away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it says, I don't know him. I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 2: Maybe nobody said anything, But did you get any responses, any feedback.
Speaker 9: Well, the interesting response is that there were people that says that they've been out with him on dates before and whatever. But the most talking part was that like three other women have commented saying that he kissed him on the back of the neck and I didn't even mention it.
Speaker 10: I post what.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like the one girl comments in the picture saying that she had been out with him and he does this weird, super weird like back to the neck kiss, and then two.
Speaker 10: Other girls comment under that, like, oh my gosh, me too.
Speaker 2: He told us that he had never used that move on any other woman before you that you inspired him to do it.
Speaker 9: It was honestly so weird and so creepy. And it's like, this is like his bwlling card.
Speaker 3: I love that. Jeffrey so upset like you got lied to I. You know, It's like, jeff is upset.
Speaker 2: First I find out he's not really a Russian submarine captain, and now I find out he's actually kissing multiple women on the back of the neck. What are you tell me next? That he's secretly on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you because he is.
Speaker 3: Oh he's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Dana, Eric, Hello, Gana, Hello, I'm here.
Speaker 14: Eric.
Speaker 3: This is so this is almost as awkward as the net kiss.
Speaker 2: You told us that you didn't you didn't kiss anybody else.
Speaker 10: Is this just something you do to everyone? No, not at all.
Speaker 5: It was it was only you that what we had during the dinner. I couldn't control myself and you were Eric.
Speaker 9: Probably Eric, I literally just said on the radio that three other women said the same exact thing.
Speaker 3: So without her prompting them.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to say to that. All I know is, yeah, I was so overtaken.
Speaker 3: Just own up to it. Eric, it's a dumb move that you use that you thought was romantic.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think it was a dumb move. I mean it certainly progressed a.
Speaker 4: Date, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you didn't. You did stick around after the net kiss, Dana.
Speaker 11: I thought it was I.
Speaker 10: Only stuck around because I thought it was only me. I didn't know he was a serial neck kisser going around the city.
Speaker 9: Wait, you would have been okay if it was only you, it seemed like a spontaneous romantic moment.
Speaker 6: That's all Eric.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time here, so I'm going to give you twenty seconds to talk to Dana. You can tell her whatever you want to say and try and convince her that you are really into her and you want to go out with her one more time.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Dana, I had such a lovely time with you, and I know you enjoyed being with me too. Oh please never mind whatever else it is that you're hearing. Please give us another chance. I know we spent some more time together that you're going to enjoy it. I really think there's something there.
Speaker 3: It's like he read he read a bad like sales book always belo.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was Anthony Hopkins reading a line from Silence of the Lambs. It's up to you, Dana. Would you like to go out with Eric one more time? We would pay for that date.
Speaker 9: I mean, look, it was a little bit weird that other girls said it, but up until that point I was totally fine with it. But once you got on in denying, the other girl said that, now you're just a creepy analyar like now.
Speaker 3: It's a triangle thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eric, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: We tried for you, and I.
Speaker 5: Really was hoping for a different outcome.
Speaker 10: But Dane, are you sure? Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 9: Please stop dating women in this town.
Speaker 4: We all know about it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to find a new move. I think, dude, you're gonna have to go for a different part of the body. Maybe behind the ears.
Speaker 4: That's his go to.
Speaker 2: He's a sneak attack guy to go to everyone kisses on the.
Speaker 14: List, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, gentlemen, take surprise back of the neck kiss out of your rolodex of first date moves. Eric ruined it for us. Er, I picture of my mind at least like seven hundred men taking out a little black book, giant red marker crossing it off. I was actually thinking this, like, as a bro if one of my homies and I'm like, dude, how was your date last night? And if he said, well, I got a net kiss, I would be worried congratulating.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe when you're kissing and you move down, if it's like just that, not the back of the neck, And that's where the next where we're starting the.
Speaker 2: Problem with the kiss was not that it isn't sexy. It's that it's too played out. Eric has done it to too many women in issue now it's not unique anymore. It's like gently brushing the hair out of a girl's face. Everybody's done it. It's not sweet. Don't don't touch my hair.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see you for a reason, actually.
Speaker 2: Say from Alexis.
Speaker 3: I feel like Alexis would flinch.
Speaker 14: She would.
Speaker 2: But even though that move is now officially not allowed anymore, No more net kisses. There's plenty of other things you can go with, plenty of other ways you can screw things up, and we're gonna We're gonna be there for you. We'll help you through all the mistakes. You will help you get back on track. Email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. You can check out all of our second Date podcasts learn all the mistakes people have made in their past. Wherever you get your podcasts. That Broke and Jeffrey