Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Saratoga trend Water.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack.
Speaker 3: That over there is Miles.
Speaker 2: What could that be about?
Speaker 3: Oh you're the red, wet and blue.
Speaker 2: Shout out Joe Klucci all.
Speaker 4: The funny things you doc the live the live recording live performance of America's Funniest Home Video soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Fine Joe Kalucci, Jill Calucci legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, how'd you do that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on, you know, let's just call searching on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Akaa, you did it.
Speaker 3: It's a drop now.
Speaker 2: I don't like using it, but I keep saying it.
Speaker 3: I said Booker, He said, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 3: He's a bigger gag.
Speaker 1: He like, really he seems like a child like. He seems like the type of old person who has reverted to to child brain a little.
Speaker 2: That's what's what's that's what's simility do to you?
Speaker 3: Mmm mmmmm. Anyways, my name is Jack. That over there is Miles.
Speaker 1: This is the episode where we tell you a couple of things that are trending right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And the big hell Yeah that's taken both sides of the political spectrum by storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Subway's new foot long Dorito's nachos.
Speaker 6: Now, when I hear that, I'm like, what the fuck are we talking about a foot long nachos?
Speaker 7: And then I guess, yeah, merely it's the container that it is it? Yeah, can I get fourteen inches of nachos please? That's how I've always ordered nachos is by length.
Speaker 2: Uh, President Trump, we have your foot long nachos here? Oh wow, you did it?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so basically what we do so the photos of this, we watched a review video. At first, I'm like, look, I'm not against nachos, Okay, we are very pro nachos.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I am pro.
Speaker 1: I thought I made a brilliant discovery when I started dipping Doritos in Salta. I was like, Dorito's yes, great on their own, can be the base for some sauces. And you know, nachos is it? They work really well?
Speaker 6: And that would put you ever put salsa on a block of cream cheese. Yeah, oh yeah, you know that's that's called Those are my nachos.
Speaker 3: And it's called super Bowl baby.
Speaker 6: So the uh this Dorito's fucking It's just a box with loose chips in there, and they're putting stuff from the fucking like this.
Speaker 1: The box looks like children's like individual uh you know, lunchbox apple sauces, Like that's what it looks like like. It would have four of those stats like to each other inside. Yeah, yeah, you buy it like cardboard sleeve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: But it's just loose sandwich ingredients thrown on top of that.
Speaker 1: Ships I was, I said, you know what, I am going to ride for this you I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: And then I saw it and I said, there's one ingredient. I said, there's one ingredient that doesn't sit right with me, doesn't sit right. So you know, nachos have a lot of ingredients. They're they're not defined by any one ingredient. And these these got the cheese, they got alapagos them on board with. They also have just the sliced tomato from the sandwich, just half layers, just half moons of sliced tomato on top.
Speaker 3: No do that? Like, are you gonna also put shredded lettuce on there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What the fuck is this?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 2: And then also the onions are just like the loose.
Speaker 3: Sliced slivers of onions.
Speaker 2: You can't do a deconstructed pico. You can't put a guy. No, that's not how this shit works.
Speaker 6: And I know that the subway is in a bad way right now. Look, I'm doing my best to keep y'all open. I'm eating my tuners.
Speaker 1: Their head is in the right place. Yeah, the you know, like collabing with Doritos, the kings of fast food collaboration to that point, right, Yeah, good idea subway.
Speaker 3: But this just five dollars.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: It's five five fives because it is. It does look like there are just five Dorito's in there. Yeah, toppings on.
Speaker 6: I think the way they could have gotten away with this if they said, look, if you buy a bag of Dorito's or chips, will Nacho fi them for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Chips like sort yeah, because it's only over them if you want, we don't care.
Speaker 2: We don't have the fuck.
Speaker 6: If that's your your fucking life, if you want to ruin it, this is just subway, baby. But yeah, this isn't gonna This feels like a big swinging a miss from subway.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: It also feels like something that I wouldn't mind to give it a try. You know, I'd just say hold the tomatoes.
Speaker 2: I just can't get past.
Speaker 6: Like I think that we love nachos, especially when we go to restaurants because we can't do it at home.
Speaker 2: There's just we just can't get it right at home.
Speaker 3: The way you arrest this just feels like some home ass nachos.
Speaker 6: This feels like my mom said, we got nachos at home, right, And you're putting loose ass tomato slices on some Dorito's and microwaving it and being like, here you go, eat up, dickhead.
Speaker 1: There you go, piggy point point slap that up, fucking loser. Do you want to just eat it with no hands out of the little paper trough that we've given you here, or you.
Speaker 6: Want me to tie your hands behind your back because a real piece of shit, real sick fuck like that.
Speaker 3: Huh sick oh all right, uh.
Speaker 1: The narrative around snow White continued. The Disney is basically taking a page from the Democrats playbook. Yeah, page from a page from like you know, every media, a page from America's playbook. After the Black Lives Matter protests, they're like this, the.
Speaker 3: Left is really far.
Speaker 1: The left is the reason that Prime is going up, going up?
Speaker 2: Is the left in charge of everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the left in charge. Man, that's what they do.
Speaker 6: But I've gotten so much more interested in the Snow White movie release, and like it's build up just over the course because some of those things are ambiently. I was like, Oh, it must suck because Rachel Zegler, because like you would see articles that were either one, snow White.
Speaker 2: Sucks, the movie fucking sucks.
Speaker 6: Or movie sucks are Rachel Zegler like Rachel Zeggler's pie shit type.
Speaker 2: Article or number three a blending of the two.
Speaker 6: You're like, it sucks because Rachel Zeggler's apiece are shit.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh wait.
Speaker 1: So what Rachel Zegler is the star. She's she was like discovered during her West Side Connection uh no, West Side Story video story. Yeah, she did a good video. Everybody was like like she's good. She starting that, Everybody's like she's good. And then she starred in Snow White and everyone's like she's good. But she also did do a boo boo she did say free Palestine.
Speaker 6: But they're like she's good, but she's Colombian. Yeah, yeah, that's what's sort of like a good So this new there's a new article out in Variety, and there's no really.
Speaker 2: No other way to look at this except for a.
Speaker 6: Total fucking, poorly, poorly written hit piece, you know what I mean, on Rachel Zegler to lay the failures of snow White at her feet basically and totally absolve everybody else of any kind of wrongdoing. So they start off the article by saying her support of innocent people being slaughtered in Palestine was step one of her downfall.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 6: So they pointed to a tweet where she was thanking fans for like going to an event to like promote the movie, and then like on this thread, she added another one that said and she's like in all ways, you know, remember free Palestine. That got a ton of engagement because a lot of people agree with that sentiment that yes, this is completely vile what has happened.
Speaker 1: And just then she signed the movie's death warrant right exactly.
Speaker 6: And then this article goes on about how the producer Mark Platt flew to Rachel Zegler to try and convince her to delete that tweet, and she's like, nah, I'm like Okay, I'm like, so far this Variety article makes her sound pretty cool to me, sounds pretty.
Speaker 2: Upstanding, like she's sort of, you know, has values.
Speaker 6: Then so this article then goes on to speculate that her support for Palestinians manifested in death threats to Gal Gadot, goa dot whatever. However, we're saying that waiting for Goadt, and the article doesn't provide any context in regards to how people may view Gal's politics and how she's been the subject of repeated protests, like when she screened the IDF produced documentary Bearing Witness to the October seventh massacre, like she personally it was like hosting a screening of that. Then she had a Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremony. It was interrupted by protesters again because she's very, very vocally saying, like, Israel is not doing anything wrong, y'all are trip in, Everything's all good, everyone is.
Speaker 2: Hamas that disagrees with me. Basically is sort of like what her stance is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not really a compelling argument as to why people didn't see the film, but okay, right, yeah, But between the two, the one of them has the more unpopular opinion.
Speaker 1: And that is the more famous one gal Gado she has. She has a very an opinion that's very unpopular with people like that globally, I would say, yeah, globally in the United States, even a lot of people were like, the election is really coming down to a lot of people not thinking Joe Biden's doing a good job by fully backing Israel. That was pretty much agreed on, Like nobody thinks that what's happening is anything. Yeah, so okay. Then the movie is supposedly not good. I haven't seen it, but the reviews are like, it's kind of a piece of shit. Many of the reviews do say like Rachel Ziggler is the lone bright spot. I've seen that review in a lot of places. So what's their diagnosis here, Miles.
Speaker 2: It's just it's absurd.
Speaker 6: So then they then they said she posted fuck Donald Trump like after the election, and They're like, and that was alienating audiences even further. And I'm like, okay, is that all you got? And then They're like, then she's a real trouble maker because she told people that she wasn't going to the Academy Awards when her debut film, West Side Story was nominated. This is from the Variety piece quote Zegler had already strained nerves at both the studio and Steven Spielberg's ambling partners when she complained on social media that she wasn't invited to the twenty twenty two Oscars as the star of Best Picture nominee West Side Story, a film distributed by Disney. They're pointing to the fact that someone.
Speaker 2: Asked if, like, oh, are excited you with the Oscars? Are you going to be there? Whatever?
Speaker 6: And she's just like, no, I'm gonna be watching from home, no real context outside of that. They're like, wait, you're not going. And then if we find out that a Disney one of these Disney executives basically didn't allow her to go to the Oscars because they wanted her on set for Snow White. They wouldn't allow this young performer to go to the fucking Academy Awards when their debut film is nominated. Okay, cools, but yeah, this makes her look bad again. So by the the article, I'm just left with the impression that this was written by the Disney side of things, and they were just hell bent on scapegoating her for their own terrible filmmaking, and what a lot of the people have viewed as like negative aspects of the film aren't anything to do with anything Rachel Zegler was in charge of creatively or any They're like her.
Speaker 2: Performance, fine, it's all the shit around.
Speaker 6: It's really not that great, and I think the piece loses credibility for a number of reasons. But leaving out the fact that so much anger was coming from right wing freaks complaining about her inadequate whiteness is also a spectacular failure and feels intense. They don't the no, and it feels intentional in order to simplify, like this post mortem of snow White to Rachel Zegler supports Palestine, which caused death threats for Galaga Dot. Then she said stuff about Trump and is also ungrateful. So that's why the movie did poorly, rather than why the fuck did anyone think this was a movie worth making?
Speaker 2: And also for all the complaints, like in.
Speaker 6: This piece is like, oh, she shouldn't be so vocal better politics, yet Galaga Dot can do the same and there's no criticism of that.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm really.
Speaker 3: Those aren't politics.
Speaker 1: She's just like being real, dude, she's not like being idealistic and silly, like yeah, Rachel, she's being realistic about how they need to kill all those kids.
Speaker 2: That's important, really fucking backwards.
Speaker 1: It's it is a very consistent and effective form of propaganda against the West in the United States, sorry, propaganda against the left in the United States, where things just constantly get rewritten, where the left is allowed to say what they think is going on, like with the Black Lives Matter protests and everyone.
Speaker 2: A lot of people agree.
Speaker 1: And then you come with some consequence and rewrite the story of like murders went up during during the pandemic, and that was actually somehow because people criticize the police some like and not because they froze all these like non police programs that were actually effective, like and also like everybody just had too much free time because they were all like everybody was like out of school and like there were no programs or any of the things that keep people occupied. Yeah, no, it's definitely because the police feelings were hurt and everyone was like, hell, yeah.
Speaker 3: The police are sad.
Speaker 1: We can go out and commit murders that seems realistic and do shoplifting, which actually didn't happen. It's you know, it's with the twenty twenty twenty four election, where it's, you know, they criticize Kamala Harris for not for running a basically a right wing campaign, like a campaign to the right of the Democratic Party historically, and they lose, and then it somehow becomes that it was they were too far left and it was the groups, which like, yeah, I don't even know what the fuck the groups means, but like the yeah, it's just always they find a way to turn it around, and it they just agree on that. They've just always agreed that that's who's fault.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Anytimes something bad happens to this like center left thing that has no identity, like whatever Disney version of politics is, like that.
Speaker 3: Is, it's just bullshit. It sucks, it's not going to be good.
Speaker 1: Like whatever they're doing is not going to work with the Democratic Party. Whatever they're doing, it's not It's just a fucking ven diagram. It's not even like a thing that actually exists. Nobody actually has those beliefs, because there's just beliefs you made up to try and cram the ven diagram.
Speaker 2: In reality, I'm one of these people.
Speaker 6: I believe in body autonomy, but not the kind of autonomy that sort of prevents the state from brutalizing an immigrant.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That not that that's kind of where I'm at? Does that make sense? Is where am I people at? Oh, there's a lot of us. But yeah, it's just a very it's a reflex. And I think also, more than anything, when you have these institutions that are all about maintaining its power and influence, it can never be that someone outside of it made an observation that was like true, or that they bear any responsibility for the outcomes of the things that they are apps fully behind and responsible for, because no one's being like dude like everything. It's just these oversimplifications of why people didn't go. It's not like people were protesting outside of the theater because Rachel Zegler said buck Donald Trump like no, you also you've preemptively pulled back all the marketing shit, and none of that is discussed in the articles.
Speaker 3: Just fuck, they're fuck off this shit.
Speaker 1: They're just blaming her and probably yeah, it looks like they have it out for her career now, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's wild, Yeah, it really.
Speaker 1: It also like people should read alec Herriictsane's copaganda book, the section where the Harvard sociologists like, you know, begrudgingly and with great consternation, regret to inform you that the only way to lower crime is to double the police force.
Speaker 3: And we hate that.
Speaker 1: We hate to report that because we're coming from the left, and it's like you're actually not, but they're coming from the default position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the stats quo exactly.
Speaker 3: But it is really sad that that producer had to leave his thirty eight year old son to go.
Speaker 2: To park Line. Yeah, his son, Jonah Platt.
Speaker 6: Someone commented on Instagram, were like, dude, your dad's like doing some weirdo shit ry like.
Speaker 1: Violat across the country to like tell somebody to delete a comment.
Speaker 6: He really just said he lived through his family. This is coming from a thirty eight year old man, is like, you really want.
Speaker 3: To do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad, the producer of an enormous piece of Disney IP with hundreds of millions of dollars on the line, had to leave his family to fly across the country to reprimand his twenty year old employee for dragging her personal politics into the middle of promoting the movie for which she signed a multimillion dollar contract. That's what the money's for, is essentially what it comes down to. Uh. He also calls like her immature for saying free Palestine.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Actually that is That's the thing that we see over and over again is anything that is to the left, and like, you know what, a lot of people actually believe, even though they don't necessarily identify it as being to the left, it's always attacked as being childish.
Speaker 6: Well even now, like it's not just say, like to mischaracterize things of being the left or the right when you're saying, I'm I'm opposed to innocence being needlessly murdered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you on the fucking left a child? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, Like nice attack. But what I'm talking about is an appeal to our own fucking humanity and sense of decency. So yeah, I'm a decent person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Narcissism is not something to be coddled or encouraged, says the guy who's like, don't make my daddy leave his family. I'm a thirty eight year old.
Speaker 6: I'm a thirty eight year old, and my brother Ben has all the talent. I'm just jonah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is Ben Platt's I'm less talented, unremarkable.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back. And we're back, and so is he. A lot of a lot of courts are asking the question.
Speaker 6: That, sorry, folks, how gonna gotta dump some terrible fucking news on us?
Speaker 2: On ourselves?
Speaker 1: A little bit, A little bit to think of it as like one of those fun ice ice Yeah, I challenges ice bucket challenges.
Speaker 2: Challenge, yeah, yeah, And who do you challenge.
Speaker 3: To tell this news to next?
Speaker 1: So, you know, we we heard during the run up to the election that he was saying, you won't have to vote anymore.
Speaker 3: Vote in this one.
Speaker 1: You won't have to vote anymore, folks, And we wondered, what was he talking about?
Speaker 3: What, what does it mean?
Speaker 2: What's olden?
Speaker 1: So it means he just signed a quote far reaching executive order that Eliza swear and Becker Senior Council and the Brennan Center for Justices Voting Rights an elections program described as quote an astonishing and unprecedented voter suppression effort. Yeah, that's from Mother Jones. It would prevent millions of Americans from registering to vote. The centerpiece of the order is a requirement the voters show proof of citizenship when registering to vote in federal elections.
Speaker 2: This is again, but this is the bigger thing, is that right, our elections are not that's not from the fucking executive to determine how elections are.
Speaker 6: It's not a federal thing. This is those are up to the states. The heart the shit about this is this is giving inspiration for backwards states to then run this playbook on their own people, right, and like even like.
Speaker 2: When you just like the sort of these fourth things.
Speaker 6: That mother Jones and this mother Jones article that they're pointing out, and I think many experts also pointing out to these sort of four things too, it's really it's it's fucking slippery, like they're first one was preventing people from measuring to vote because they have to provide proof of citizenship. A lot of people don't have that, and I think the default way would be to bring your passport.
Speaker 2: But then even when you look at the.
Speaker 6: Statistics, more passport holders reside in blue states than red states. Surely, Okay, I guess you just disenfranchise your own voters in some level. I mean, I guess it's purely also to this is probably a setup move to be able to cast dispersions on election results because they're like, well, we tried, we tried to button this up and the States refused, trying to change deadlines for voting by mail, like letting elon fucking the dosee people like use get into all kinds of personal information to try and track like voter registration fraud.
Speaker 5: It's not a fucking thing at all. They tried to do this in the first administration, and remember they couldn't find anything. There's that find and they fucking just they just slithered back into silence, into their dark corner because.
Speaker 2: There was nothing there. Overall, this is just kind of giving blanket power.
Speaker 3: Let's just let it though, you know, Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Happened with my thumb is Elon, how do I how do I put that guy in the chat? Dude? I don't even know. But yeah, this is this is a very another just huge, huge attempt to up end the little few norms we have left in the country. So we'll see how this plays out.
Speaker 6: But like just because on its face, it's like so on constitutional, but that's everything here nowadays.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure the courts got it.
Speaker 1: This does feel like the sort of thing that you know, the courts are pushing back on some of his executive orders. This might be a one for us, one for them type.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, they just did the one where they said, hey, the ghost gun thing that Biden did, all right, yeah, we're going to keep that in place with just Aludo and Thomas being the dissenters.
Speaker 2: But holy shit, man, this is this is that they're they're trying sang fucking everything.
Speaker 6: And the other part of it too is you know, there are other versions of bills like this that are like your name must match your birth certificate or we won't or you will not be able to vote. And a lot of people point to people who get married and change their last names, then what right, that's not gonna match your birth you won't guess what happens, and guess with the majority of people who end up changing their last names.
Speaker 2: For things, it's like, this is fucking yeah, they're trying it all.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I think the dark heart of this bill or this executive order is the inspiration it can give to the states that do have, you know, some ability to try and enact this.
Speaker 2: Kind of shit, as unconstitutional as it may be.
Speaker 1: Well on a happy note, Yeah, people are still out here grinding, you know what I mean, So the DMV.
Speaker 2: They're still grinded.
Speaker 3: Man, it can be tough to deal. Yeah, you gotta go there, wait all day. Sometimes you don't even get an appointment.
Speaker 2: Have you wait?
Speaker 6: Have you seen these places that are just like little satellite offices where you can just run in and get to like you're bro, there's a spot I went to. It was like in a mechanic shop, and they gave me real strict because yeah, because you know, the house burned down so I had to change my registration and shit, and it was like the renewal was happening right as I'm like, bro, there's no mail that's getting there, right, I just went there boom knocked it out. Anything out Brian the editor, Yes, Triple A has these kiosks, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, correctly it can be.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be at I'm trying to get my father in law's passport tomorrow, like we're last second. He's like leaving next week and they've been fucking holding that shit hostage. I'm going to be releading at a federal building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you gonna bring your manifesto?
Speaker 3: Got some notes, guys, I.
Speaker 2: Got something to say. Oh.
Speaker 1: But anyways, people are out here basically selling DMV appointments. So they'll like get the appointment by like hopping online, like on the internet, you know, getting the appointment, and then because people are so desperate and like the only other options like waiting all day in line, they will then sell them to people for up to two hundred and fifty dollars And it's not illegal.
Speaker 2: So this is happening, of course, is happening Head County.
Speaker 3: This is Miami Dade County.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they're treating it like a hype drop where they use box exactly to fucking generate appointments.
Speaker 2: Then they sit on.
Speaker 3: These appointments MV and the appointments.
Speaker 2: Dude, the bots are just fucking up all the game. Bro.
Speaker 6: They fucked up the sneaker game, now they're sucking up the DMV appointment game.
Speaker 3: Dead stock DMV appointments. This is so fucking wild.
Speaker 6: Just just sure. So they basically what do they do. They just stand around like.
Speaker 3: Hey bro, bro, bro, bro, you want to una appointment? You want to?
Speaker 6: I mean, because they do that shit i'd known, like the New York restaurant scene for reservations.
Speaker 1: Oh really, there's like scalpers outside the restaurants.
Speaker 2: Well no, they they sit on like when the rest you know how, Like it's like anything.
Speaker 6: It's like you know that the reservations for a month from today up, and like at nine o'clock you got to go in the thing and people are just flooding it.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, hey, bro, you need a reservation this day. I can.
Speaker 5: I can slide it to you for a little bit of cash.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smart I mean and by crazy I mean smart as hell.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the spooky hilarious Yeah, crazy, scary, spooky hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's a good country. It's a good country. This unfettered capitalism thing is working. Well, that's going to do it for us. This afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can get a blue shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.