Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR Pre Show. It is Monday, June second. I am Shannon the Dude, and I am flying solo today. Billy is out all week. I believe he's taking a load management week, so he will not be here. So we'll have a guests filling in with us all week long here on the KSR Pre Show. And you can give us a call on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line at eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. You can be our Whiskey Thief call of the day. You can hold off on the text line because Billy has that. I'll, you know, Billy manage the text line.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't mess with that, because well, I'm producing the show, I'm hosting the show.
Speaker 2: I'm a one man band over here.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: I'm strumming the guitar with one hand, playing the bass guitar with the other, and banging the drums with my head right now. So today Ryan Lemon will be joining me at some point, but he is. He's running a little late and he's trying to get connected in the Lesington studio. So KSR is live in the studio today. Won't be at the bar. Here's the problem with Billy out. Billy is normally the one who sets up the studio for the guys when they're in the Lexington studio, and since Billy's here or not here, Ryan does not know how to set up the bar, the equipment, you know, normally at the bar he gets set up the equipment. In the studio, he cannot set up the board, you know, like you can't just walk in and start a radio show. You could have somebody to prepare it. And apparently there's nobody in the studio to set up the equipment for Ryan. So he'll join us as soon as we get somebody who knows what's going on and can figure it out. Anyway, until then, eight five nine, twenty two eighty seven, I'll probably take more calls than normal today on the show, So if you want to get in, today is a good time to do that. And I want to say, first of all, big thanks to everybody who came out for the KSR Golf Scramble on Friday.
Speaker 2: Started out not looking too great with the weather.
Speaker 1: It was rainy, but we had I believe that was the biggest KSR Golf scramble we've ever had it was like two hundred people. And when you had two different courses, that helped out a lot too, because you were able to get you know, a lot of extra teams in. And I will say I think that was also the record for the most amount of alcohol per hole at the kastsar Com Scramble. It was like every hole you went to is corn If it wasn't cornbread, hint with their thhc seltzers at this hole, then you go over here at silk, velvet whiskey, and you went to the next hole it was something else. So hopefully everybody made it home safely on Friday from the KSR Golf Scramble. So that was a lot of fun, and the weather turned out not to be quite as bad as what we thought.
Speaker 2: Now that might have been the.
Speaker 1: Highlight of the week for me, the highlight of the weekend because the rest of the weekend, I think, if I were to sum it up in one word, frustrating, frustrating on a whole lot of other levels other than just Kentucky baseball.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that in just a minute.
Speaker 1: But before we do, you know, I had a weekend off where I didn't really have anything going on and that's a rarity for me. So people are like, hey, what do you do when you're just, you know, not playing in the band on a weekend gig or you're not busy doing radio?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Well?
Speaker 1: I tried to tackle some home improvement tasks that need to be taken care of. And when I say home improven I'm not talking about you know, major things.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking.
Speaker 1: About knocking down walls or you know, fixing major things around the house. I'm talking about simple things. And I'm talking about something as simple as changing a light bulb. Now you say, okay, who can't change a light bulb? How easy is that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Everybody can change any any dummy can change a light bulb. Well, these were different.
Speaker 1: These were if you know, like what recess lighting is, right, I've got a couple of recess lights in my kitchen that were out, So I'm like, all right, probably need to take care of that. I don't want to be lighting candles as a source of light in my house. So I got to get these recess lights out. What do you do when you don't know how to do something, You go to YouTube?
Speaker 2: Right, So I did, and I was.
Speaker 1: Able to figure out how to get these recess lights out of the celling, to pop them out. And I thought there was just going to be a bulb in there, you know, like I thought, unscrew a bulb, go buy a new bulb, screw the new one in problem solved right, No, No, it's way more complicated than that, apparently with recess lighting. And I had no idea. And these are things that in life, like when you go to school and you're learning all these you know, different courses and everything. Why does nobody in college or in high school teach you life skills. That's a class that should be taught life skills, how to do basic things in life. Like we make fun of Matt. I'm not too far behind Matt to be honest with, Like, I can hang a picture in my house if I need to. But when it comes to things like replacing a recess light in the celling, I was clueless.
Speaker 2: I'm like, go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So it turns out you pop this recess lighting out that lays flush against your celling.
Speaker 2: But then there's two different parts to it. It's not just the light bulb in there.
Speaker 1: You got to unscrew the part that would normally go to a ball which then connects to the entire fixture.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So now I'm like, Okay, I got two parts, which one's bad?
Speaker 2: Which one do I replace? What do I do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I go to a hardware store. They'll have the answers, right, So I drive to a I'm not going to say their name. I don't want to call him out by name. But I drive to a very well known let's call let's call it just major hardware store, national brand, all right, they have these all over America.
Speaker 2: You could probably figure it out.
Speaker 1: And I go in there and I ask the guy that's working there in the lighting section, Hey, what do I need to replace? Do I need to replace this entire light fixture? Or can I just get away with just fixing you know, this little part that connects the two together. And that guy looked at me like I had three heads. He had no idea what I was talking about. And I'm going, look, I try not to be on people, but guys working at a hardware store doesn't even know how to replace a recess light. Of course I don't. I'm a dummy, But I don't work at a hardware store either. So we go there and guy did not know how to fix it, and I'm like, all right, well that was a wasted trip.
Speaker 2: So what do I do?
Speaker 1: I go back home and I go all right, there's another hardware store in town. Now, why didn't I go to the one in town first? Because I was up early. I was up before the hardware store in town even opened up. You know these national brands, they open up at like six o'clock. So I'm I'm looking around for a recess light and a hardware store on a Saturday morning at like six thirty in the morning. All right, So after they can't help me at all, completely useless, I go to the one that's a local hardware store. Walked in, Hey, man, I got this recess light. I need to replace it, but I don't know which part to replace. Do I have to replace this entire thing or just listen little piece, same reaction that I got at the other place. Guy had no idea. He's like, man, I'm not sure. So now I'm like a completely new level of frustration, like how is it possible that I go into a hardware store where that's what these guys do for a living.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be experts on all.
Speaker 1: Things, you know, when it comes to fixing a house or fixing anything that should be common around.
Speaker 2: The house, that they have no idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm telling you, I would have been better off walking into a hair salon and asking them how to do it, because they would have known just as much as the people at the hardware store. So long story short, finally, I'm just going you know what, I'm just gonna just replace the whole thing. Turns out that's what you're supposed to do. I didn't know who knew that you were supposed to replace the entire light fixture on recess lightings. And this stuff's not cheap either. We're talking like thirty one dollars for one light bulb and I got to replace two of them. So that was part one of my frustration. On Saturday, and Ryan, I think he says to get Ryan, Ryan, are you there?
Speaker 2: He says, he's good, Yes, yes, oh there you are. Hey one time, man, you gotta connected. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am? I feel so proud of myself right now to figure this out and we're good to go. We've got kind of, you know, playing by the seat of our panther this morning. But we were good to go.
Speaker 2: So I got so many questions.
Speaker 1: First of all, were you able to figure out the studio board? It sounds like you're connected on like an access remote unit.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm with our comrades in one of the offices in the iHeart Building downtown. Okay, all right, it's my third attempt. Yeah, probably get connected. But I finally got connected in Nathan Nelson's office.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen. Uh you know we we'll give you a hard time on this show. Some people think we give you too much of a hard time, but I will say to you. We also said while you were out last week on the show, when you were at the graduation, Oh yes, yeah, yeah. We also said that like if we were in a battle, if we were in war, Ryan Lemon would be our guy that we would want in the trenches. So even though you're struggling this morning, I appreciate you jumping on here with me. And uh, you're my road dog, You're my my rider or died, so I appreciate you jumping on here.
Speaker 3: And that's why I think I'm gonna we go to Summerset on Friday. I'm staying the whole day to watch Alice Blue Gown Friday Night Down and Summerset it. Yes, yeah, I'll be your road dog all day that day.
Speaker 2: You're gonna drive me home at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: I thought it might be the other way around. Okay, I had to drive me home, all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, yeah that we'll get into that a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that is Friday Summrset will be live from the Virginia Theater and then later on that night Alice Blue Gown will be playing at eight o'clock. But I don't know if you heard any of my my monologue I was doing there at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Do you have recess lighting in your house?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Just went on like a ten minute rant about first of all, I've never had to replace recess lighting, Like I didn't know Ryan, if you're supposed to replace the entire fixture of the light or just the part that connects from the light to the electrical outlet, if that makes any sense. Yes, okay, So, unbeknownst to I found out you have to replace the whole thing. So I was going on a little bit of a home I almost said the name of the place a hardware store trip that frustrated the hell out of me over the weekend because I went in there and I was just telling the story nobody knew how to replace it. And I was just saying, like, if I go into a hardware store, I would expect the people working there to have a basic level of knowledge that's a little bit higher than mine when it comes to, I don't know, replacing a light bulb, because how hard can it be to replace the bulb? Well, as I was saying just a minute ago, nobody had a clue. They were completely useless when it came to giving me any advice on how to fix it. They're like, well, what we got right there on the shelf. I'm like, yeah, but what do I replace?
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't know. Just basically walked off and left his hanging.
Speaker 1: So I was just saying, Also, you know, in class in school, in high school and college, we all need like life skill class things that you're taught in this class that you don't get taught otherwise, you know, other than just having to figure it out on your own. Because I had about two or three hours that I wasted on Saturday replacing a light bulb. Ran the most basic things in life. It wasn't as simple as just twisting the ball ab out. You had to replace the entire deal. And nobody could tell me whether or not you had to do that or not. But I just figured it out on my own.
Speaker 3: But those can lights or sense line those are tricky little boogers or no doubt about it. Yeah, you got to do the whole can sometimes to get disconnected. So that's where you gotta have good friends that know how to do that stuff, because I sure don't know how to do that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well I'm glad that you said that because that makes me feel a little bit better because I was really embarrassed thinking just just playing it out of my mind. All Right, I'm gonna have to walk into a hardware store and I'm gonna have to ask how do you replace a light bulb?
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna feel so stupid.
Speaker 1: But then when I got there and they didn't know either, I'm like, gosh, you work.
Speaker 2: Here and you don't even know how to replace it.
Speaker 1: So I didn't feel nearly as bad as I did going out the store as I did when I was coming in.
Speaker 3: I think the people that invented recess lighting, and can Lighting kept it to themselves how to repair it. Like the guy that installed the phone system in the old iHeart building. Oh yeah, he's the only one who knew how to fix it if it went down. That's job security. So these can light guys now they've got job security everywhere and nobody knows how to do it.
Speaker 2: So I got a saying.
Speaker 1: I went to YouTube, where you get all life's answers. Right, there's always a video of how do you do this? Like how to for dummies, and they were replacing them, but they weren't. They weren't telling me what part they were replacing. So I again, it was just it was just a level of frustration that I hadn't felt in a long time. And then came part two of the frustration over the weekend, and that whole was watching Kentucky baseball.
Speaker 2: They lost last night. Well, first of all, let's go back to Friday. They lost their.
Speaker 1: Opening game against West Virginia. Shouldn't have lost that game, shouldn't have lost that game, but they did. But it's like, okay, double elimination. It's all right, we'll get them next time, right, So then they turn around they beat USC Upstate right seven to three. Then they turned around and knock out Clemson out of their own region. They were the host team. They're out Kentucky. When the victims to four, huge, huge one. I'm like, all right, we're back Kentucky. Baseball is rolling right. Then came the second game yesterday, they played West Virginia, and I don't I don't know if you got to watch any of it.
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I caught almost every pitch of.
Speaker 2: It, Okay, why I didn't get to watch it?
Speaker 1: And this is another thing, while by my soapbox here, this is the NC Double A Tournament. They should not put these games on ESPN Plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I know how to log into a computer.
Speaker 1: I got it, Okay, But like this is the This isn't a throwaway regular season game.
Speaker 2: This is the NC Double A Tournament.
Speaker 1: Imagine they put the NC DOUBLEA Tournament for basketball on ESPN Plus. People would be losing their mind. You know what if they put like a football game, you know, a football out ESPN Plus. What are we doing putting these games on ESPN Plus. They got to figure out a better way. And maybe it's because there's so many games going on that they couldn't.
Speaker 3: You know, all the other ESPN channels had an SEC game, Yeah, Tennessee, Mississippi State. Every SEC team was on, but us, we're on ESPN Plus. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, they got to do a better job with that in the future. Hopefully they will.
Speaker 1: And you want to log into a computer because then if you want to watch it on TV, if you don't have the app on your TV already installed, then that's an issue because then you got to try to drop it air drop it from your phone onto your TV. That's a whole debacle if you don't know how to do that. So hopefully in the future they'll do better with these NCAA Tournament baseball games and actually put them on some sort of network or figure out a better system I don't know than having to go on to a computer to watch the game.
Speaker 2: But anyway, going back to the.
Speaker 1: Second game yesterday against West Virginia, Kentucky gets up early. They're up six to one, six up five runs, six to one.
Speaker 2: Everything feels good.
Speaker 3: It's like I just smoke Clemson sixteen to four. You go up six to one, All is good.
Speaker 1: You got to feel good at that point. You're like all right, man, this team is they're really kicking into another level. But then they turn right around to give up six runs in the fourth inning. Now they're down seven to six.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, we've seen this before. But then Kentucky comes back yep, and they go right back, got five runs. They go up twelve to seven, and you think, all right, we got it.
Speaker 2: We can breathe easy.
Speaker 1: Now, five run lead, only six outs to go, Ryan, and Kentucky is moving on to the game on Monday. They're going to the regional finals. How exciting, right, But then Kentucky blows another five run lead, They allow six runs again with two outs at two.
Speaker 3: Outs in the bottom of the eighth, and then gave up all those runs again.
Speaker 1: And they lose thirteen to twelve, eliminate from the NCAA turn A six run fourth inning, a six run eighth inning for West Virginia.
Speaker 2: That was basically the story of the game.
Speaker 1: And the pitching continued to be a major problem for this team. And you gotta think in the offseason when it comes to recruiting, coach min is going to put a heavy emphasis on getting some good pitching for this team next year.
Speaker 3: Now, you're a baseball guy. So the debate is already going on. I've had like three or four people already asked me, you know, they had their ace who was going to pitch today? If they made it through today, he's ready to go. Should they have brought him in when the floodgates opened in the eighth inning just to try to get out of that inning, just to get that win?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: First of all, he did, Menji owned did something I don't think I've ever seen a manager coach at any level of baseball that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Dude, did you see what happened in the eighth inning.
Speaker 1: When they were struggling to get an out? Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you know what I'm about to say?
Speaker 3: No? I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so in the eighth inning, West Virginia's got the bases loaded. It's a three to one count, Ryan three to one, so you know, one more ball and you're going to have another run score.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen a coach Menji Owne goes out in a three to one count, pulls the pitcher and brings in another reliever and to the guys.
Speaker 2: Credit, it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now you want to talk about any pressure packs that you it's three to one, you're coming in as the reliever inheriting a three to one count, you throw one ball, the other team's gonna score a run, and you're facing an elimination. But to his credit, he came in through two strikes, got the strike out, got out of the inning, and I'm going, man, why weren't we throwing that guy the entire time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know where you were going with that, but you're exactly right. I mean, it kind of been the the m O all year long. They can't hold leads like you. Then what they're twenty five losses. They were ahead in like twenty two of those twenty five losses something like that, And the same thing, Man, you're up five in a situation like that, you've got to be able to hang on. And the eighth innings what killed me. With two outs, they could not even get one more out to get out of that inning.
Speaker 1: It was just like I said, frustrating was the one where it was that summed up my entire weekend.
Speaker 2: And we'll take the calls and.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about tweeted out like it was. It was like a little league game. Man airs, wild pitches, just runs after run after run. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, I guess, though, if you're trying to look big picture, if you're trying to be pop about what happened, and I know it's it's difficult to be positive after blowing that lead twice yesterday.
Speaker 2: But you know, going back to.
Speaker 1: The beginning of the season, this was supposed to be a rebuilding team, a rebuilding year for coach benji Ow. He puts it together, puts together a good enough resume to make the NCAA tournament. But it was right there for the taking, Ryan. The Vandy series was right there for the taking. The Oklahoma game was right there for the taking.
Speaker 2: In the SEC.
Speaker 1: Tournament, this game right here, you had it won twice, and they blew it again. And now the season's over and we'll look ahead, I guess the next year and basketball and football season comingup. Maybe basketball season, because I don't know if football season is going to be that much much better. We're late for a break. We'll take it right here. Eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A very frustrating weekend. It is the ksrpre shoo.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: When the lights go down in Mount Washington, nobody has a clue what to do, including me. I did end up replacing I don't think I really told how the story ended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I ask you to break. How did it end?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like I was saying at the hardware store, these lights were thirty one dollars apiece. I end up going to this little open box store, you know, like Ryan, where people I guess order things on Amazon and then they don't like it or it doesn't work and they send it back and then it goes to like a there's these businesses that own that they own that where they buy pallettes from Amazon and they just get random stuff off there. But then they were they price it ridiculously low. So these lights that end up getting I end up buying a four pack for twenty five bucks that were normally one hundred and fifty. So, long story short of it turned out good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you saved a lot of money. You did it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now you got you feel proud of yourself. You save some cash at the same time, good for you.
Speaker 2: Let me give me a little pat on the back. I don't know if you can hear that on the air.
Speaker 1: How about, by the ways, while we're talking about NCAA baseball, Vandy loses the Right State and Louisville the top the number one top seed out lost the Right State yesterday, the first ever one seed to not make it to their own regional final.
Speaker 2: So yeah, good job Vandy. Way to go. Way to represent the Nashville in Nashville.
Speaker 3: You're hosting and you get beat by Right Stage Division two. We beat Right State one year. So that's a little pannel of the Back to Kentucky Wesleyan baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you were happy over the weekend. Your Indiana Pacers won the series. Bring it over the Knicks, and now we have a Pacers Thunder matchup in the NBA finals. Neither team. I don't think Indian has ever won a title, right, is that correct?
Speaker 3: They won an ABA title NBA title, it doesn't count. That's like, come on, it's professional basketball.
Speaker 1: That's like Oklahoma City Thunder trying to claim the Seattle SuperSonics title.
Speaker 2: You don't get that.
Speaker 3: We get that.
Speaker 2: No, we got a banner.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you get a banner, but I mean that's not the NBA ABA and NBA, then you don't get the claimate. So my point is, the Pacers have never won an NBA title, correct, thank you? Okay in Oklahoma City, I guess if you follow the lineage of the team, the organization, they won one with Seattle. I think back in the was it seventy eight, back in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 1: But as far as I'm gonna earn, neither team has ever won an NCAA title. So I know you're excited about that, and you were happy to see him close out the Knicks over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just glad to see him back in the in the championship game and been twenty five years, so they got to the championship game. So but id I tell you, I'm excited about it. But I know who's not excited about it. ESPN. They did not want Oklahoma City and Indiana to go for the NBA championship. They want obviously the Knicks, the Lakers, some high profile team, somebody in there. The Celtics ends up being the lowly Pacers, I tell you. And it's another thing, Shane, while we're talking about it, those those super teams, you know, when you get three superstars like Kevin Durant, you know, bouncing around, and you try to get all your superstar. One team that doesn't work in this series, the Pacers or you know, five guys once people don't even new even heard of outside of Halliburton. Yeah and okay, see you have heard of any of them outside of Shay. So it's like just he's putting together a different way to win. Now.
Speaker 2: That Aaron Needesmith guy, I've heard of him before.
Speaker 3: Vandy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a Vandy guy.
Speaker 1: So he was that game. Wasn't two games ago? He scored like twenty points in the fourth quarter. Nobody want to start that guy, so he was.
Speaker 3: He's been playing well.
Speaker 1: But people will still watch it, right, I mean it's still the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: Won't be still finals? Wait, Indiana Patriots are three hours from here. We should all jump on the bandwag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be a Pacers fan.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Hey, we will take your calls, I promise. Thanks to everybody holding on the lines. We just kind of ran short on this break on this segment. We'll be right back. We'll take your calls. Next Ksrpre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre show, Shannon the dude Ryan Lemon sitting in for Billy. Billy's doing a load management week, right, He's not going to be here this week.
Speaker 3: So I thought they may have to call him in this weekend for all the baseball coverage. But I think they kind of juggled it around. Well, he didn't have to come in on his vacation.
Speaker 1: David writes, and it says ESPN has mirroring blocked. Last time I tried having issue, I was talking about. You know, if you're if you don't have the app, the s pe An app on your TV, you have to pull it up on your iPad or your computer or your phone and try to what's called mirror that onto your TV.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and they block it.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you that they may make these games as difficult as possible to watch, and I just I don't get it. We had some people who have been on hold for a while. So let's go to the phones. Let's go to Mike. What's up, Mike?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Gads?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: All right, I just want to offer my services to you on home improvements.
Speaker 2: Oh well, come on over, I need call away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have called you. I need somebody that's like a handyman who is just right there on call at any time. So I may have to hire you, Mike, to come to come help me.
Speaker 4: Well, I work, I work cheap.
Speaker 2: Well that's good. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like cheap.
Speaker 2: I prefer the work turgle. But yeah, cheap, cheap's good too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I got thirty years experience, so all right, I'm just them all away.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, what do you think about this basketball team, Mike. I know that you're a big basketball fan for Kentucky.
Speaker 4: I think we got I think we've got a good team. Yeah, but everybody's gonna be good. Yeah, we're gonna bring it every game.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily, I think the SEC might be a tad bit down from compared to last year. And last year it was just every team was good. Yeah, so I think, you know, yeah, it was. So I think that we'll have that maybe going for us this year with the team.
Speaker 2: But Mike, I got hope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got hope and pope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hope and pope. I like it. I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll be get yep, we'll do. Thank you for the call, Mike. Yeah, I've known Mike since I was a kid. Ryan, that's uh, that's that's my best buddy's dad. I got you so so now that I know I could call him any times.
Speaker 3: Well, then in the real estate world, you got to have one of those jack of all trades handyman guy. Yeah, my guy's name is Rusty. Come on, man, it's Rusty of course. Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if your name is Rusty, that guy he can fix anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anything. He came over to my house last week before the graduation part. I had like six things on the list. He had him done in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, what's the song? He's the Charlie Daniels of the Torque Wrench. That would be a guy named Rusty right there? Fix anything for you? Were you as sad as Ernie Johnson was? Ryan on his final sign off for the NBA on TNT.
Speaker 3: That was kind of sad, wasn't it. You know, that's been his life, that's been his baby for a long long time, and it does look like that's you know, it's gonna come to an end. But uh, you know, Shack tearing up on those set there. It was. It was very emotional, but I think it was very sincere by all those guys. They that was a labor of love. It was a job, but they love doing their job doing that that show.
Speaker 1: Is there not a way we can keep that broadcast team together somewhere else, like on another network.
Speaker 3: I mean they would, I'd love to, but I don't know. With contracts and negotiations, I don't know, but it sh would be nice because that, you know, I think we talked about on KSR one time. I think Matt said that may be the best sports show ever.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you that ever, Like, like, who would even come close when we're talking about like in studio pregame, halftime, postgame broadcast teams, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is another team that's better than that.
Speaker 3: No, it was what that CBS team had, what Phyllis, George irv Cross, Brent Musburger, Pat Summer, all that old groupman, Jimmy the Greek. You know, everybody kind of tuned in before NFL games to watch that pregame show. But now I don't know, Man, this this NBA postgame show with those guys that that was the best.
Speaker 1: Well, like the NCAA tournament team I thought was good with Greg Gumble rest in peace, Yes, Clark Kellogg, Seth Davis. Yeah, and then they usually had like, you know, sort of a.
Speaker 3: Jay Wright I think was on some revolving.
Speaker 2: Door in that fourth seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jay Wright was there this year.
Speaker 1: So I mean, you know, I guess maybe that team would come close. You know, they're honorable mention, but when it comes to like just the best, I don't think there was a better team team of broadcasters for in studio. I mean maybe maybe James Brown, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Mandel and Jimmy Long.
Speaker 2: Howie Long.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I said Howie Mandel. Howie Mandel would be good in there, though, yes, he would be good.
Speaker 2: Howie Long.
Speaker 3: Remember the one year Monday Night Football tried uh uh Dennis Miller and who was the the the new the political guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: You know he did he? What was the show came on after us?
Speaker 2: They got the show that came on after us?
Speaker 3: And he died?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah? W ah a s right.
Speaker 3: I can't I can see his face. I can't think of his name. How terrible is that?
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name either. He was a Hall of Fame broadcaster.
Speaker 3: One of the best in the history of broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Rush Limbaugh, Rush Limbaugh, Thank you God, my brain's not working this.
Speaker 3: It's Monday, man, it's Monday of the long weekend.
Speaker 1: But you know, so though you think about not only was that broadcast team great, like aside from Ernie Johnson, they were all great athletes. Yeah, you know, normally you bring in a guy who was a great athlete, and they got the personality of wallpaper paces. You know, they're trying to make the thing work with you know, all these former players and like Tom Brady, you know, they're trying to make him work, and it just had no personality at all.
Speaker 3: A lot of times these broadcast teams have got to be the perfect fit, and it was. You know, Ernie was a straight guy. Charles Brackley was kind of the the goofball, Kitty Smith was more of the street you know, the analysts, the breaking down X and o's, and Shack was there just to pick on everybody.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, so I don't know, I don't know that they'll ever be able to, you know, reform that team elsewhere. But yeah, I mean, the end of an era and hate to see that add Yeah, yeah, for sure, let's go to Ryan.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 4: Ah, thanks for teting my call with Shannon Ryan and I'm man. I really really loved listening to you all. I've learned a lot from all of you guys. But my thing about fixing stuff. I was married twice, dated them both six months, and I told him I could cook and clean and do yard work. And the only thing I fixed a supper. And when I was a kid, I built a treehouse out of two by fours and sixteen penny nails in the old fire wood. Back when I was a kid, the lumber was a lot better than well, this old lady she called and please, and it wasn't he on her property. Come out. They tried to tear it down and they had to come back bring crowbars. And my dad wouldn't let me have a baby gun. I've got about twelve. Everybody else got him when he was about eight. Story made me a slingshot, Yeah, huh, yeah, that made me a sling shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That thing about Kentucky. They got a great coach. I like the way he coaches. He's brought back the bunt skilling bass. Like you said, you got to get pitching. But they did have a lot. They did have a lot of injuries. And I'm a big Yankee Pan, big Yankee Pan, And I know Ryan's Saint Louis Cardinal fan, and you're a Atlanta Breaks. Well. When I was a kid, I loved Tyank Caarn and I like Joe Toy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but both were great Ryan.
Speaker 4: But I guess it's about all I got this morning.
Speaker 2: Thanks for talking my call, Thanks for thanks Ryan. Appreciate that he took us around the world. I didn't know they talk.
Speaker 3: About sling shots and the Yankees and UK baseball, but he's right up. One thing about the pitching. I mean, I was listening to the game on Darren Hendrick on the radio, and Darren, when again a new pitcher comes in, he threw eight innings this past season. Dude, this is your playing for your life and they gotta throw guys that's thrown eight in fifteen innings, and that is it.
Speaker 1: I feel like, when your offense gives you twelve runs, should be able, should be that should.
Speaker 2: Be enough for your pitching staff.
Speaker 3: So should they should have brought the ace in the slam it shut?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because right there in that moment, that's what matters, you know, some people would say, what you're you're saving your race for the next game. If you don't win this game, the next game isn't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean when it comes to the time of strategy of it's double elimination, I think you know you gotta especially if you've already lost one game, as the situation they were in, you gotta go ahead and throw everything you got at the game that's in front of you now and worry about Monday when it comes.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I really the series was lost. And when they lost that first game, you're up three to nothing, you got your ace on the staff. You gotta be able to hold on. They tied it and then they walked it off in the bottom of the ninth. But that I feel like, you know, you win that when you get arrest your arms and you're not in such a bad situation like you were in last night with your pitching staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I said, frustrating all around just watching that game or trying to watch the game. I actually listened to it on the iHeart app. I was listening. Yeah, Darren Hedrick yep, and he does a great job calling him on WLAP. But that I think I was the first game I ever listened to though.
Speaker 3: It was one play where when all that was going on in West Viginia, drove in another run, so he goes, you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that might have been the first time I've ever listened on LAP to a game.
Speaker 3: It's a good job. He did a good job. Yeah it does.
Speaker 2: Eighty seven.
Speaker 1: We'll take more of your phone calls in the final segment up next here on the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Final segment of the KSR Pre Show eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven Shading the Dude, Ryan Lemon Ryan, the rain held off for the most part. It held off on Friday at the Scrambled Did you did you partake in any of the activities that were going.
Speaker 2: On in different holes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, good for.
Speaker 3: You, because there was a lot of quote activities going on on that golf course. Each hole had like a different drink sponsor, and by the time they got to me on number eighteen, a lot of times they had been they had been participating. Yeah, quite frequently.
Speaker 1: Well, I was, I was making my rounds. I grabbed a golf cart. I'm not even sure if that was supposed to be my golf cart, but somebody I looked at the golf cart and just said ks bar slash OVW. Well, well, if anybody's ksbar OVW, it's me, Shannon the dude. So I just jumped in there and I just kind of went around and said my helloes. And you know, I had to make sure everybody was comfortable and you know, set up right like you know. So I went by Silk Velvet Whiskey, one of the many alcoholic places that were there holes, and you know, I had to do a little.
Speaker 2: I guess, what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Product not product placement, but I guess just quality control is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Quality control.
Speaker 1: And I had to sample it make sure, you know, it was on the up and up, and it was great as it always is it. Silk Velvet Whiskey a historic brand, revived and first crafted back in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky, and now brought back to you by the Hargess family over a century later. Hands selected single barrels in each bottle comes from a unique barrel personally selected by the team for its rich character and standout flavor and award winning and craftsmanship. And Jacob call is the guy that is the master distiller. I got to meet him out there at the Scramble as well. And it's available in stores near you. You can go to Silk Velvet Whiskey Die Calm and distribution continues to grow, so keep an eye out and you can follow them on social media as well.
Speaker 2: And they've got the lynks as to exactly where you can find.
Speaker 1: Silk Velvet Whiskey one hundred and seven prove aged at least six years and age two, perfection bottled for bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velidy finish.
Speaker 2: It is Silk Velvet Whiskey.
Speaker 3: Check it out, your boy. Jacob from Silk Velvet. Yeah, hit the best putt of the day on my whole hit like a thirty footer.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 3: How far? The best one was him?
Speaker 2: Well, did you hit any did you think any?
Speaker 3: I hit one?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Okay, it was about a one footer.
Speaker 2: Oh he got the one? Okay, yeah, you know I put it.
Speaker 1: The one that I put it was a little little too far, a little too hard. That's the thing though, if you're going to If you're gonna putt, you can't leave it short.
Speaker 2: So I just put a little too much effort into it, I think.
Speaker 3: You know, like Yogi Berra said, ninety percent of the putts that come up short don't go in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's a great quote.
Speaker 1: Our cicada's taking over Lexington like they are in Louisville.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I've heard a lot of people talk about it. I don't know, maybe out in the county, but definitely not in the city. I haven't noticed it, but I see a lot of people posting that just the ground covered in circadas.
Speaker 1: At my house, you can just hear them in the background constantly. They do not stop, and they just they terrorize everybody. They get stuck in people's hair, they have a fly right.
Speaker 2: At your face.
Speaker 1: Apparently they can't hurt you though, but they're just a nuisance. They're just terrorizing everybody across the Kentucky And I think it was Casey that called in last week and said that they were just really bad, like where she was. And I guess Lexington is spared since you don't have them out there, but they're horrible out here. I didn't know this, but apparently, Ryan, you can eat these cicadas. And not only can you eat cicadas, there are people who are actually eating cicadas.
Speaker 2: So is there any way it says they're a great.
Speaker 1: Source of protein, because I had to look this up and see and it says, yes, you can't eat cicadas, and yes they are a great source for protein.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go eat a protein bar. If I eat protein, I'm not gonna eat a cicada. You sound like you're with me. You would now have a cicada.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna trust these guys that they're correct, But I'm gonna just trust them they're the ones that can eat them, because I am not gonna eat anything. You know, when you were a kid, you supposed to eat a bug or a worm. I never. I couldn't do anything. Well you mean you were supposed to well, you know, you get you dare your buddy ay Man, I dare to eat his worm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I was not a bug eater as a as a kid.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I may have eaten some dirt, but I never ate any bugs.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know people were eating circadas. That's kind of crocada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying everybody is just you know, I'm not saying they're serving them up in restaurants or anything. But there are people who will eat cicadas, and I'm happy to tell you I'm not.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: I bet Bob and Jamestown would eat a cicada, wouldn't you, Bob.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Copperheads love them, them get up in trees to get them.
Speaker 2: That's my worst night. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if I got cicadas in my backyard and copper heads are coming to my backyard to chase cicadas, I'm gonna burn the house down if that happens.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I want to say shout out to the level of my life. Laura June's birthday today.
Speaker 3: Oh happy Lord June and Jamestown. Happy birthday?
Speaker 2: No is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Guys? Okay, yeah, all right, Bob, Yeah, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Maybe his best call.
Speaker 1: Every appreciate it. I didn't know, like you said, the love of his life. I didn't know if he was referring to the thing on the front point.
Speaker 3: It was the thing on that back porch, that back deck he's got out there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's her name, Laura June Ay.
Speaker 1: Five, nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Ryan, let's talk about this SEC Big Ten partnership in football. The SEC schedule. You know, we go to nine and then you would add in a Big Ten opponent that then leaves two games, at which point I think a lot of teams would then drop the rivalry game, and I think Kentucky would very likely drop Lobell if it went to that. There's talk of this happening. So let me ask you, would you rather play little or do you want a random Big ten team? If we end up doing this, this partnership with the SEC and the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: I'm on against this Big Ten thing of it. He means dropping the Louisville game. I mean that's most seasons that's the game of the year, you know. I mean, I know they whooped us last year, but there's been other seasons where US beating them ended up being a highlight for US for the season. So I would really really hate it for that game to disappear.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, like, I think we got to keep the Louisville game, but they're not going to If you've got to play another random.
Speaker 2: Big Ten team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean to me, it doesn't really mean that much unless we're playing like Ohio State, in which case do we really want to play Ohio State?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We already playing Tennessee, Florida, Texas this year, oh Miss. When I had Ohio State, we Michigan.
Speaker 1: I would think, and I don't know, but I would think they would probably give Ohio State to like a Georgia or an Alabama and try to match the teams up accordingly. I don't think they would give Kentucky Ohio State. Maybe they would, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, get like an Illinois or an Iowa Purdue or something like that.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, And I don't know that that.
Speaker 1: I mean honestly, I would rather cash in another win over a stinky team, then lose the Lowell game on the schedule and then you know, play in Illinois. Yeah for a Purdue, I don't know, just just just for me, I'd rather have those other games that we already have, Like it is as opposed to that this partnership that's being talked about with the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it'll rotate home and home, So you're gonna give up a home game and go on the road to play Illinois when you could have a win and a home game if you play Toledo or somebody like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how was reilbird Fest?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Were you around any other another weekend?
Speaker 3: No? No, I stayed far far away from from Real Bird Uh did Drew Drew's here? Did you? Did you go? Drew didn't go either. My son worked it all weekend. I know he was spent last night when he came in from working over there, but I stayed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like it was decent turnout despite you two not going. Click, it was a good turnout for Real.
Speaker 3: Bird I think it was a huge turnout. Yeah, it seemed like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's awesome for the city of Lexington to continue to have Real Bird Fest. Although I'll be honest with you, once you got past the headlining bands, I didn't really know any of them. I didn't know who Shaboozy was until like last week when we played his song on KSR. I've never even heard of Shaboozy, who apparently hung out in Lexington all weeks That's.
Speaker 3: What I hear. Yeah, a lot of Shaboozy siding. I think Jilly Roll was last night. I think a lot of people went last night to see him. Yep.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna be hanging out in summer set.
Speaker 1: Speaking of music, Alice Blue Gown, we'll be playing this Friday in summer Set at the Virginia. You can get tickets available. We've linked that up on our social media. And then on Saturday, we're gonna be at the Seaton Fest in Lexington. The Seat in Summerfest. I think it's a big church picnic that's going on out.
Speaker 3: There, so it's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so you're okay, so you know about it. I've never been to before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Elizabethan Seaton big winter summerfest.
Speaker 1: You you want to come out and do some some wagon wheel with us. I don't know if they'll allow you to take your shirt off in a church public sets.
Speaker 3: I think they probably will. You think you know you'll see the people out there. I think they probably will. If I could survive Friday night in summrset, I'll go Saturday night here in town.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the eyes of the horse racing world are on Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Who will be crowning king of the track?
Speaker 1: You can find out on the DK horse app, the number one downloaded horse betting app. Gud head to the app right now, opt in and bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the stakes, and if your pit crosses the finish line first, you're gonna win a share of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in the prize pool. Download the DK horse app now use promo CODEKSR. What's code KSR on DK horse. Bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the stakes for your shot at a piece of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars only on draft kings. The CRNA is yours gave only problem call one E one hundred Gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus in certain states to open owner access and advance deposit wagering account and resident of a state where DK horse is available, eligible to restrictions apply void world prohibit it. Opt in and place a five dollars straight bet to win the Preakness first. Eligible bet only bet must win to receive one hundred and fifty thousand dollars cash reward. Click the claim and it's all at DraftKings terms at DK horse dot dot com. Slash offers slash details. Big thanks to Ryan Lemon for filling in you. KSR is up next.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you in a minute.