Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Trending Sixth Day of sept Trender.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: That's courtesy of Nicole Adrian. Remember remember the trending sixth day of sept Trender as the saying doesn't go what is the day? Remember?
Speaker 3: Remember the November November? Yeah, all right, remember remember the Titans.
Speaker 1: I think that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: Remember remember the Titans the fifth of November.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the fish. My name is Jack, that is Miles, and this is a podcast where we remember the Titans. Yes, always, all right, these are some things that are trending. Donald Trump appears to have called for the assassination of General Mark Milli Mark Milly, Mark Milly, Mark Milly Millie in.
Speaker 2: New York I Mark Milli rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hello, that's all all based on him on Mark Millie, A huge a lot of fans out there. But yeah, I mean he was like, you know that he should be charged with whatever and treason, I think reason and executed. So, I mean we've called him a fascist because he had fascist leanings and tendencies instead stuff like I could shoot someone in the middle of the street and he would do anything. But he's all about this ship. Now he's yeah, yeah, like assassinating military leaders, which you know, as we've said before, I feel like we should believe people when they tell us who they are. We should you know, listen to them and uh yeah, not be like, well he doesn't. Does he really mean that though? I mean he just he.
Speaker 3: Recently just at this point he's in that phase of his ship where anyone who disagrees with him now has to die. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like he's like the last Dawn or some shit. He's like they fucking Christ done. Yeah you're dead.
Speaker 2: You haven't. Who said Mitch McConnell had a fucking death wish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mitch McConnell did. Like last year he supported like some bipartisan legislation that went against his wishes, and he tweeted or truth social uh that McConnell has a death wish, uh, which you know. And then he's of course been tweeting videos in which he beats the shit out of political opponents via the magic of jib jab, yes his favorite. Yeah, but he's been doing that for years. So it just it all. It doesn't feel like he's getting less violent, less likely to start killing people.
Speaker 2: Did you see this ship too, where he said he bought a glock.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, so what was that. I've been seeing headlines, but I haven't, like dove in.
Speaker 3: J Yeah, he like he's saying, he's like, oh yeah, I think he's at a gun store and he's like he's like, yeah, I'd like to buy that. But then like they're like, no, no, no, he didn't. He didn't do that because that might be legally sticky for him. He's like, I want to buy one. Isn't a glock a great gun? And again it would have been illegal because our man is under indictment in four criminal cases.
Speaker 2: So they're like.
Speaker 1: Hunter Biden, shit, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, could you imagine that?
Speaker 3: Like okay, well this dude literally just bought a glock for clout and now okay that're doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So uh. There's also this opinion piece in I think it's The Atlantic where they're like, what if the Supreme Court went and did something to totally redeem it? Well, yeah, so which would be what so basically say all right, you can't he can't be you can't run for president again? Right, Like, on the one hand, you know that there does seem to be some differences of opinion in the legal community about whether there's like legal standing for preventing him from doing that shit. On the other there's disagreement about all the shit. There's disagreement about Citizens United that that didn't seem like it should have been legally possible before they decided to do that. So it's all just ideology filtered through a bunch of high minded rhetoric and they do. So. The thing that like got my mind like focused on this and you know, probably hoping uselessly around this is just they do seem to have a pattern for doing the one for us, one for them type thing. They did seem to be not on board with Trump overthrowing the twenty twenty election, and and so it, I don't know, it's hard to argue that he's not going to do that exact same shit again this time, and in which case, like it's going to subvert democracy, which seems to be something that they claim to care about. Like it it does almost feel like when you think about the fact that they have the power to do this, it's almost like wild that they wouldn't do it. It's almost like they're doing it in exchange for him having put them on the Supreme Court, because it doesn't doesn't really make sense to just be like, you know, they they agree that what he did was just try and seed some lies and overthrow the twenty twenty election. So, you know, best case scenario, he's going to do that shit again, why would we let him? And like, I guess the idea is, well, it's a slippery slope, the Supreme Court intervening in a election. You know, you let the voters decide. But it like that this is a question of like any anybody who was viewing this rationally sees that this is somebody who is incapable of letting the voters decide, So why not step in and just do the thing that everybody agrees would be the best thing for the long term health of I don't know if everybody agrees it's the best thing for the long term health of democracy, but it does feel like it would be would be in their best interests, would be in the best interest of the of the country. I don't know. I think a lot of people would be like, but what about you know, then next time it'll be like Bernie Sander beating Hillary and they come in and intervene on behalf of the corporations in Hillary Bernie Bernie Sander, Yeah, you remember that guy. But I like that the case is so that ignores how strong the case is. That like he already did try to subvert an election and he is going to do it again.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the thing, like you'd hope that the capitalists out there are like, man, this could fuck my money up, you know what I mean, like if this if the country's in total disarray, and I and you kind of see that because there are some donors who are like just a little bit like I don't fucking know, man, Like there was.
Speaker 2: That push like can we get somebody else? And now they're like, fuck it.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe I'll just build three more bunkers to protect myself when shit really starts to fall apart. But yeah, I mean, maybe they will do the right thing, Spike Lee, But I don't quite know. I mean, right now, everyone's like fucking Clarence Thomas needs to fucking recuse himself from like the consumer protection like the CPFB cases and stuff.
Speaker 2: But who fucking knows, you know, who fucking knows with these.
Speaker 1: People, But like that, yeah, I mean, people would be up in arms of course, but like this, this is an avowedly right wing institution right now, the Supreme Court, So it's not like, you know, the a liberal court is coming in and it would be making this decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean I'm sure like maybe Alito is like, damn, maybe it'll.
Speaker 2: Take some fucking heat off.
Speaker 1: They won't.
Speaker 3: They won't start asking where, like what kind of stuff I've been doing with the Koch brothers.
Speaker 1: But maybe some of those pictures are gnarly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wearing ken Burn's wig. I took it off and while he was sleeping.
Speaker 1: Uh. The EU has some new laws around disinformation that could mean a potential band for Twitter. Uh formerly X thank you. Uh, that's what we're going with, Uh, Facebook, Google, TikTok, Microsoft all, Uh, we're analyzed and have all signed on to the EU's Code of Practice. But Twitter was analyzed and refused to participate and therefore didn't submit information on areas such as fact checking. So it's yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean for good reason, because even without their help or their data, they're like, Okay, so Twitter has the They are the worst worst offender in terms of the ratio of disinformation.
Speaker 2: Posts, followed by Facebook.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I think, and a lot of that is them looking at you know, these you know, upcoming elections that are happening around Europe and the proliferation of disinformation bots and shit like that, and yeah, they're like, nah, we will ban you, as they said, They're like, we will be watching you, so we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: What happens there.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that will matter to Elon Musk because I feel like by the time he starts charging people to use that shit, it'll probably turn into a fucking ghost down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One weird like just kind of thing that never got brought up in air AI episodes but is interesting. Is like that. So the head of AI stuff for Meta is kind of the person who's like a main voice in the conversation who seems the most kind of rational and the least like what we're all fucked like using the doomerism to hype up the stock and stuff and what. One of the things he said is that like they've been using AI to help fight disinformation like in the past years. I don't know how true that is, but it's you know, Elon, it seems like he's using for the for the direct opposite right of just tour. He's just letting the AI bots run free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm considering like how we're always like wait, why is he like always using like putin talking points in terms of like the Ukrainian invasion. I'm sure he's like, yeah, man, I'll let y'all have that pig pen if you want do whatever they'll want in there, you know.
Speaker 1: Get dirty. Yeah, all right, Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. And we're back and Coke, why three thousand this feels like some Pepsi ship. I gotta say, Coke, Yeah, you know you remember that, remember that logo redesign of Pepsi where they were like future millennium moving orbiting around one another, and it alligned them just like fucking up the Pepsi logo a little bit. So Coke had an AI design.
Speaker 3: This is what everyone's response should be when we're being like, here's an AI generated fucking consumer flavor, no fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, the tagline is futuristic flavored, and so people anyone expecting bold flavors of a prosperous tomorrow. According to this review, they just went in and for on Gizmoto, they were unkind to coke hy three thousand. They said, the first time the bubbling liquid hits your tongue, you expect the same acidic, carbonated sensation as a regular coke. But the drink slithers to the back of the mouth and sits there, broiling with a numb triviality across your taste buds. And then the flavor is gone, leaving you with a vague aftertaste of berries and sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 1: Alien symbiot, Yeah right shither the back of my mouth?
Speaker 2: Is this that scene in the Matrix where he puts that thing in his navel and.
Speaker 1: Shit, yeah, and he's oh no, no, It's like.
Speaker 2: It's gonna sit back there with broiling with a numb dude, broiling with a numb triviality across your taste buds. That's fucking poetry right there.
Speaker 1: Just burns your fucking taste buds.
Speaker 3: Also, what the fuck is this? Why three coke three thousand? Like, and he is the only Atlanta based three thousand entity coke?
Speaker 1: You know, three stacks?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Coke dre Benjamin, Wait, what all right?
Speaker 1: We have a new flavor. You guys weren't fucking with that one. This one is Coke Drey Benjamin Dungeon family. Yeah, all right, Uh, there is another case of a flight attendant who watched Sound of Freedom one too many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: An American Airlines flight attendant reported a black father to the police because his seven year old, who is pretty shy, as seven year olds often are, I didn't respond when a flight attendant tried to engage him in conversation and ask him his name. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then, by the way, these are multi racial kids.
Speaker 3: That's why I think the person was like, this child is not a full black person, therefore they may be a trafficking victim.
Speaker 2: And then so they got to they were flying from atlantat Lax.
Speaker 3: They get to Lax and met by the jetway with an American Airlines employee and the police and shout out to all marginalized people who are having to be confronted with the ugliness of our society.
Speaker 2: And they still have.
Speaker 3: To be like, I'm not about to fucking wild out. This is such bullshit. But again he's like, I played it very calm because I didn't want to do that kind of shit in front of my kids.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 3: The flight attendant called ahead with some sort of concern. He said that perhaps my mixed children weren't my children because they were unresponsive, and they said that interaction was like thirty seconds. And apparently airlines do train their like frontline staff, like the staff that interacts with passengers, to be able to know about kind of shit like this.
Speaker 1: But I feel like.
Speaker 3: We're seeing this a lot now with like it's like these are mixed race kids and that kids shy therefore, which I don't know, like that as I travel, I'm I'm I'm lucky. Like recently, I was traveling with her majesty, so I was like me plus her equals this child, right.
Speaker 2: And people like right, right, right, But again, who knows what will happen when I travel solo?
Speaker 3: Because shit, that was my experience growing up too, except there wasn't the sound of freedom going around.
Speaker 2: It was just sort of stuff like being like, is this your boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Yes? Right, they're getting bad information on what human trafficking looks like, and like if this was from a like American Airlines, you know, policy of training policy, it'll be interesting to see where this came from, because I would be surprised if this person wasn't on some like Facebook groups that you know, gotta you gotta do your part. Well you see something, say something, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think the other thing people were like, couldn't you look at the flight manifest Yeah, like they all got the same fucking name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no again and who knows. But I'm sure for someone who is like looking for to be like the hero, they're.
Speaker 3: Like, of course they would do that to not write suspicion he kidnapped this little boy exactly what they would want us to think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the point that people of color can't win because you've got it.
Speaker 2: In American airlines.
Speaker 3: Damn, they've done fuck all to like try and rectifid this like with the passengers.
Speaker 2: So you know, on it goes on.
Speaker 1: Ago uh SAG after the latest news that the AMPTP and SAG could meet as early as next week to hash out their deal, which I think helps the fact that the WGA is not going back to work until SAG after works out their deal probably is helping their position. So yeah, once again, shout out to the Solidarity and gen Z. Loneliness is so bad that young adults, some young adults, not all of them, are spending thousands trying to make friends through gym memberships and social clubs. I can't tell if this is, you know, the guy who thinks millennials are spending too much on avocado toasts, like going back for a second bite at the apple or not, because like the main reason this interests me is like, what is a social club? Is that a thing that we're seeing, Like the one that they describe in the article is the Soho house.
Speaker 3: Hich that's just like you not find a fucking friendship a Soho house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 3: Like fine people doing pain in the bathroom, making out, making outlandish.
Speaker 2: Claims that they can't back up. That's about what you get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But there, like there there are those things like the multi level marketing schemes, and like I feel like, you know there, there's that sketch in season three of I Think You Should Leave where Beck Bennett is like part of like a friends club where or like that he gets to hang out with like a certain number of friend ends as long as he like acts right. Like I am interested in all the ways that loneliness is being artificially addressed by by our current culture. But yeah, I don't like the way that this article is about like how much money they're spending, and then it lists the Soho house as like one of the.
Speaker 2: It's that or orange theory. Yeah, it's like not everybody can have what who the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who has fucking like twenty five hundred to just blow on a Soho house?
Speaker 2: You might be lonelier for other reasons, but I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously I don't underrate the idea that like we are getting more disconnected from each other. So that part definitely tracks like the loneliness of Americans for sure, because it's wild.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd hate to bring it up, but when I was in Italy, you know, the way you see people out there just enjoying each other. It does the sense of community is much different than we that we have in the United States. But again, you know, it does feel like when you attaching dollar amounts, it almost it's meant to feel like the amounts of money or the thing they want you to focus on, rather than like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's we got I mean, it's loneliness across the board.
Speaker 1: Uh sure, Yeah, And in our version of a country, like the capitalists rush in, like this article is in Business Insider, So it's like this defect of like how we're living is actually a business opportunity, right, and so yeah, we're right. Yeah, oh my god, Orange theory, which is just like a workout class. Like suddenly they want to be like a lifestyle. I remember we work. We Like our first episodes were recorded out of a we work. Yeah, and like the we Work policies and like all the all the communications that you get from them were like about how this is like a lifestyle and do you want to come to like drinks and like a party afterwards, like at we Work and it's like we work band branded like happy hours and shit, you know they're they're corporations who recognize, like their other products have made us very lonely, and they're like they want to create the products that are going to address that loneliness that people used to treat by hanging out with their neighbors or you know being part of like a bowling team or you know being part of a church or you know community center or unions. Right, and now like that ship, a lot of that ship has gone away. And so yeah, it's opportunity. There's money to be made here, but don't ask.
Speaker 3: About creating more third places for people to go. That's you know what I mean, because like that's the complete you know that it's vanishing because everything has to be a product you can sell. So it's just like spot to be able to like, you know, come together because a lot of stuff they pointers like people pay for they want to.
Speaker 2: Be do go to the jiu jitsu gym and they meet people there. And I totally get that.
Speaker 3: But I think we're also seeing again, along with like social media and things like that, making us feel a little bit more separated from things.
Speaker 2: We also just.
Speaker 3: Don't have, like physical spaces that don't require money to just sort of exist in and be able to socialize. I think that's a huge fucking part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's totally by design that there aren't these places too, you know that we have really expensive to join golf courses instead of public parks, you know, right exactly. I've heard people be like Arawan is the new cool place to hang out and meet people and buy forty five dollars basket of strawberries. Anyways, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite bite