Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran, Elvis Duran's phone tap, you're Elvis. My husband Paul is so relieved. We're not hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. So we're going to my aunt Rachel's house. All we have to do is bring a salad. Isn't that nice? Nice? So let's call my husband let him know that, well, things have changed. Oh, he's gonna go into a panic when he finds out. Well, for whatever reason, we have to have the family over at our house instead. Let's get me going, all right. So Jenny obviously wants to irritate husband Paul. She's doing the phone tap herself. Let's listen in to today's holiday phone tap.
Speaker 2: Helloo, Hi, honey, Hi, we have a problem.
Speaker 3: What Rachel?
Speaker 2: Just call me? Sear and Karen got into a huge blowout and apparently Rachel kicked the stove and completely broke the whole stove. Okay, so you know, just to cook all the food. So I told her that that I'll do it all.
Speaker 3: You got you kidd of me? Not with all money? Well me buying all the food.
Speaker 2: No, I need you to go and pick up all the stuff. They're a mess over there. You gotta do this, like right.
Speaker 3: Now, kidd of me. Just forget about it, just cancel it. No, not doing that. That's stupid, don't you think?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we have to do this. You know how much thanksgiving means to me.
Speaker 3: It's not thanksgivings. This is you being used again. You're gonna cook all the food, put it on drugs. I think they're high. I think that's what it is. If they're on drugs.
Speaker 2: I have a list of things that they need you to get.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing it. It's stupid. I'm not buying it. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: We have twenty people come into the house.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't do it, Okay, we have to. You're sick. You're too sick to do it. Do you get it? Call them back. Tell me you're not feeling too good. You don't want to get everybody sick in the house.
Speaker 2: But I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 3: No, tell them you're not Tell them you're not feeling okay. Don't you get it all back and tell her that you've got the flu. Okay, grab a pen in a paper please. You think I'm buying food for twenty people? You're out of your mind. I'm not doing it, not turning into me buying everything.
Speaker 2: Now, just we were gonna do it anyway, No, we weren't.
Speaker 3: We were not. We were gonna go there any dead food. Now we gotta cook for twenty people. Well you are you ridiculous? You don't you go your fourth foot this?
Speaker 2: She was crying, so I kind of offered down.
Speaker 3: I don't care she's crying. I don't care. She broke her own stove. Do I look completely stupid to you? Do you do? I?
Speaker 2: Well, now she's gonna have to buy a new stove.
Speaker 3: Go buy a new stove. That's a that's a very good plan. Well, you know, yeah, all of a sudden they're inviting you over. Then all of a sudden, oh h no, by the way, you're cooking everything too. Are they kidding me? Or what?
Speaker 2: Can you just grab a pen and like, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I'm grabbing a pen for. I'm not going there and pick up all the bring it here. She's really cool old the people who's old people? They're nothing to me. I know none of them. I don't care who these people are.
Speaker 2: Get the list and go, please, Now I'm not doing it. Why are you ruining Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I am not doing it. Get it through your hand and paul them up and tell him.
Speaker 2: Please, Can you just at least go before you go to work?
Speaker 3: Then I'm not going nowhere? Where go where I'm talking by five hundred dollars worth of groceries? Where where do you want me to go?
Speaker 2: I don't see what the big deal is.
Speaker 3: You got to learn how to say no. It's very easy. And oh, learn how to say no to your family like they do to you. Okay, look, I'm at work.
Speaker 2: Everybody's looking at me like a nut.
Speaker 3: So you need to get the son you're They're right, they're looking at you right, and everybody's listening to you.
Speaker 1: Paul, Hello, Paul, this is Scary Jones Melvis Aran in the Morning Show. Your wife's playing a phone tap on you.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus Christ, I finally got you any.
Speaker 2: Good tap.
Speaker 3: This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants the Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show