Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, Dating preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christy Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutchison, and jess Navarrees.
Speaker 3: Hello and Happy Wednesday, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the third dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I'm Nicole.
Speaker 5: I just sent.
Speaker 4: Alongside Asha Morrison, Lydiannarez and Navares.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We started off yesterday saying her name was Isaiah Morris.
Speaker 3: So that's what we shall have.
Speaker 2: The sticker we do want to see it. It was kind of funny, no no, no. So we're in the media room and that usually comes up to me and she said, you think you're real funny, huh with the stickers?
Speaker 6: Like why did you put this in here? I'm like, wait, where'd you?
Speaker 2: I didn't have it. She had it and fell out of her bag and I got the.
Speaker 6: Blame for it.
Speaker 7: So my name's Isaiah.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, so I'm appreciate getting blamed for your sticker falling out of your bag.
Speaker 6: The way she came in and she said, was this you what I said? And I said, no, but I'm gonna keep it now so I have it in my bed.
Speaker 3: That's why you said that video that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was I'm sorry Isaiah Morse out here.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, the show is presented by SAW. I didn't even get a chance to say that I love Yeah, we do love chicks. Yeah, ladies, we had locker room today. Some good stuff out of locker room. I know a lot of us got to talk to some guys.
Speaker 3: But no, the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: Sorry, okay, we obviously got to got to talk to a lot of defensive guys.
Speaker 3: What what were some takeaways for you all?
Speaker 4: Because I know this is we say that it's not really a tall task for this defense because of the way that they've been playing the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: But I mean, it's playoffs. It's playoffs.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, A lot of people have said that just because of the way that this Cowboys defense has been playing, and it's at home. But I mean, you have to still give credit to this Packers offense. I mean, with Jordan love and his weapons that he has, his running back weapons that he has as well. They're very talented.
Speaker 3: So what's some of the takeaways that you got.
Speaker 8: I think one of the biggest things that stood out to me is that every defensive player I talked to was very vocal about the fact that they had to stop the run on first and second down. Earning the past rush is going to be something that's important in this game. Just mentioned just how good yesterday, just how good this Packer's offense rather is on first down, especially with first down runs. Yet this that these guys do expect for them to maybe come out and try to run the ball. They do that to set up the play action and the stuff they want to do in the passing game.
Speaker 7: And also too, this is a young quarterback.
Speaker 8: It allows him to get comfortable and really start to settle into the offense.
Speaker 7: I think you make him uncomfortable early.
Speaker 8: We saw in the Buccaneers game when I went back to look at film, they did a lot of blitzing and making him uncomfortable early and that made a difference in the.
Speaker 7: Rest of the game.
Speaker 8: But again, they have to earn the right to pass. Rush will be able to stop the run, So it's gonna be all hands on deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: What's something that if you had to decide the biggest.
Speaker 3: Key for this Dallas Cowboys defense, what would it be?
Speaker 7: Stop the run?
Speaker 3: That's yeah, negate the run.
Speaker 8: And yeah yeah, I mean when you're playing a young quarterback, putting him in a position. And don't get me wrong, looking at jord In Love, he has the arm talent. I think he has a great release. He's actually very poised inside the pocket to be so young. However, when you're forcing a young guy to have to throw the ball time after time after time, it works in the Cowboys favor.
Speaker 7: With their past rush.
Speaker 8: But then also too, it gives this secondary some opportunities to maybe take some balls.
Speaker 7: Away, especially when he's throwing outside the perimeter.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I talked to Jay Ron today and Jordan Lewis and they basically said that taking on a young, kind of inexperienced group is there's some challenges and there's also some advantages, right, because when you're experienced an it more experienced player, you know their tendency, you know, you know guys's tendencies and things like that.
Speaker 3: But when you.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen an offense like this or the personnel that they have. It's kind of like, Okay, what do you really expect? So it does kind of provide some little bit of challenges.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I was at the locker room and honestly the whole everyone was asking like, how is it like playing at home and stuff like that was like one of the big questions, and I just everyone everyone like everyone's answer. They're like, oh, well, it's we're really excited. Our fans are always there supporting us, and so they're just super excited to play there.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: They definitely need to stop the run. And I think I think there's a sad about this, but the Cowboys do good at like like you're not the opponent should not be throwing the ball because the Cowboys do really good at.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, stopping the trenches.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, just from And you know what's interesting is we're on the topic of stopping the run. A lot of the defensive guys I talked to you today, we're saying the exact same thing of it's important. That was the first thing when I said, Hey, Usually I'll go up to the locker room and be like, all right, what do we have to keep an eye on this week, what's the scouting report? And uh, most of the time they'll give you just like really straight on answers and be like, oh, well, this guy or this guy. But this week it was stop the run, like automatically, almost all of them, that was their first answer. Something else I noticed, too, is we were talking about this yesterday. We're talking about strides and guys hitting their strides at.
Speaker 6: The right time.
Speaker 2: Got to talk to Jordan Lewis today and he's he's always such a joy to talk to in the locker room. And he talked about how him and Donno kind of bounced off of each other and they always have since Donna's first year. They bounced off of energy, and he said that's kind of why you're seeing what you've been seeing is once one hits their stride, the other is too.
Speaker 6: But something that he.
Speaker 2: And Terrence Steele mentioned when I was talking to both of them today is him both of them, Terrence, Jordan, and Tony Pollard all rehabbed this offseason together. Because keep in mind, they all had their season ending injuries last season.
Speaker 6: They were in the rehab group together. So we had.
Speaker 2: Already talked to Tony Pollard at this point and I saw him walking out. I was like, wait, tp, wait, I have to ask you something. And I asked him, I said, so when it comes to making strides, and you guys kind of are seemingly peeking around the same times and making those because you see Jordan Lewis having the two weeks that he's had, You see Terrence Steele improving gradually over the season, and he was the only offensive lineman to play all of the games this season, and then you see Tony Pollard had this last game that he has. It's just no coincidence that they all came from injury. They're all hitting their strides in their own ways, in their own perspective rooms. But Tony Pollard said that they would use each other's motivation in the rehab group and that they would kind of bounce off of each other.
Speaker 6: And he said, so now kind of doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: But also, it's really cool to see my brothers peaking like they are right now too.
Speaker 4: And jay Ron actually kind of touched on that as well as far as like the way that this this.
Speaker 3: Unit has kind of like not piggybacked off of each other, fed off of each other there we go. That's the words I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: And he said that, you know, when Jay Lou's having a good game, you know, Donal feeds off of that. When Donald's having a good game, you know, if Wanye gets some snaps, he's feeding off of that. So everyone in that room kind of really just feeds off of each other, especially and he said, you.
Speaker 3: Know around this time of year, that's what you need. So I think.
Speaker 4: This defenses, they sound, they sound like they're up for the task.
Speaker 7: And I mean in this game.
Speaker 8: I thought Jonathan Hankins came back last game and he looked himself. And one of the good things I will say about Mike McCarthy that again him he'll get enough credit for, is that when when they when a player comes back, and when players have come back from injury, whether it was last year or this year, they looked themselves even like they take the time to really allow for allow them to get comfortable and be ready to play.
Speaker 7: I felt like holding Hankins.
Speaker 8: Out for that one more week actually did pay dividends for them because he looked fantastic against the run last week. Gonna need him in this game. And when you talk about a Donno and Jordan Lewis. Both of those gentlemen play close to the line of scrimmage. They're gonna be tested this week. I asked Mike McCarthy in the pressor today if the fact that you know this this Shanahan tree of play callers was how he says Matt Lafleur, And then you also have McDaniels. You've seen teams that do a lot of the pre snap motion misdirection window dressing very similar. Also call them a San Frans Junior a lot of the same type of things.
Speaker 7: And they're not as fast as some of those guys.
Speaker 8: But they do a lot of that window dressing, trying to get your second level players and your defensive line looking in the backfield or not.
Speaker 7: Playing their keys.
Speaker 8: And so one thing I know that Tank is said numerous times is like, you gotta trust your film study. It's easier said than done. But these guys are really going to have to hone in on the mechanics of it all. And Mike McCarthy did say that, you know the fact that the Cowboys defense does some alignment changes, they do some different things, does help prepare well the offense rather does some alignment changes more motion this year than we've seen in past years.
Speaker 7: It does help them get ready for a game like this.
Speaker 8: Also, playing some of those teams through the season gives you some of those favorable looks and you're able to hopefully they're able to rise to the occasion.
Speaker 4: When you talk about stopping the run, since that is it should.
Speaker 3: Be the main key for this Cowboys defense.
Speaker 4: Just kind of looking at the numbers with Aaron Jones, he leads the NFL with three hundred and fifty eight rushing yards since Week sixteen, one hundred plus rushing yards in three straight games.
Speaker 3: That was from of course Week sixteen to eighteen.
Speaker 4: We kind of talked about what he does well a little bit yesterday and how they pretty much use him as a receiver. Has there been anything outside of that that you've noticed that he does kind of really well that should be.
Speaker 3: A big concern.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, And.
Speaker 2: I think what it is is he is very slippery, if you will, like there's not a better way to really put He's just a very slippery runner where he's going to break the tackles and you have to tackle. Well, we talk about this pretty much every week of how important tackling is, but this is a game where if you do not tackle well him, the explosive place will start to stack up and up and up. A game of momentum, you cannot afford to let Aaron Jones get hot.
Speaker 6: You just cannot do that.
Speaker 4: Is there a running back that we've seen before that it's kind of similar that.
Speaker 7: Has that solar style than one from Buffalo Buffalo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think too.
Speaker 8: Now, their scheme is not the same as Buffalo. They're not gonna pull and pin you to death and just go power. A lot of their stuff is stretched, so they're trying to attack your edges and attack the sea gap and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: And so again when.
Speaker 8: You talk about a Donovan, you talk about a Jordan Lewis, who have been far more stout playing close to the line of scrimmage and stuff. Also to the linebackers are gonna have to be sure about what they are seeing. You mentioned the fact that he does a lot in the passing game. They have this one thing that they do that stood out to me is they go spread, so that means that everybody is on the line of scrimmage and sometimes they'll motion him inside or sometimes they'll fake it and he goes and he's out. He's running a route like a receiver, or sometimes he'll come back. Sometimes he'll come back in motion and uh, and he'll have a big run or sometimes it's a draw.
Speaker 7: So they manipulate whether they use him for.
Speaker 8: A passer or a runner in situations as well. I mentioned yesterday too, they're doing a lot too. I don't know if AJ Dillon is gonna go.
Speaker 7: I have you guys had any updates on.
Speaker 2: Because that's gonna be. They have a laundry list over there in Green Bay.
Speaker 6: Good one, two, three, four.
Speaker 2: Five did not participate Today's fifteen sixteen, seventeen, eighteen nineteen people in yes, nineteen people on their practice report.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have Aaron Jones. That was limited. AJ Dillon did not participate.
Speaker 2: Luke Musgrave full participant with a kidney injury.
Speaker 8: Yes, he had a kidney. He had a lacerated kidney. He's making his way back.
Speaker 9: They've been using Josiah Deguara has filled in.
Speaker 8: For him, and he's he's doing a lot and as a chipper as their tight ends. They they're they're they're they're doing a lot in the blocking game to help out this offensive line.
Speaker 6: That is something I heard too, is.
Speaker 2: I think it was Wane that was telling us about their tight ends, yes, and how creative they are.
Speaker 8: They're not so much involved in the passing game.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: I do think that maybe they will try to attack that because you mentioned yesterday Dallas that Dallas has has had some trouble with some tight ends. But I do think that they're going to, uh just with Dallas' defensive line, they're going to have to help out.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think you mentioned this earlier, but they okay. I think it's I think everyone can see this. Like the Cowboys are very hesitant and like going out there and like tackling, and so I think for this game and to stop their wide receivers or running backs whatever, they definitely need to not be hesitant and just go and just do it and stop.
Speaker 8: You're looking for that for their linebackers, for them to be decisive and what they see.
Speaker 6: Absolute girl diagnosing is so important.
Speaker 2: And I think that's something that you've really missed from a Leyton Vandersh because he we've talked about this before. Just that was as he got older and more mature as the veteran linebacker in the room, that's what he.
Speaker 6: Became really keen at.
Speaker 2: And so now that kind of falls on Damon Clark or Marquis Bell to really up their game and being able to diagnose plays and really act on it better. But I also think that's where Tank Lawrence comes into play. Although he's not a linebacker or a safety that does that, he does a really good job of being able to diagnose the run.
Speaker 4: I think specifically, you saw Damone actually kind of step He had a good game.
Speaker 6: It's probably the best game.
Speaker 3: As far as diagnosing plays before. You're kind of like, all right, Demon, what you doing down there?
Speaker 4: You feel me like it was good to see him kind of just stepping up.
Speaker 2: The one thing about Demon I will say is he's had his ups and downs, the struggles of learning how to take this role on without Layton, and that's not something he really anticipated a half.
Speaker 6: To do this season. But one thing I will.
Speaker 2: Give him credit for each and every game, whether it's a good or bad game, is effort. He puts effort through and through sideline to sideline. He is one guy that you go back and you rewatch games and he is giving you his full effort one hundred percent of the time. He is in and that's not that's not coachable, that's effort on his part. And so I was really happy to see the game he had against Washington because I was like, yes, effort, which we all we see, but also like, yes, really good effort that's working for him.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 2: It's only a second year. I cannot believe that. So I really going forward, I'm excited to see how he takes lessons that he learned kind of being forced in this situation as a middle linebacker, and how he grows from that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like in the last couple of games, like you can see like them holding him and he like can't get around and stuff. But yeah, definitely Washington he did way better at that.
Speaker 8: If he comes downhill, has he's been We talk about dan Quinn in some of the adjustments that he's made over the season. Micah playing in the middle of this defense.
Speaker 9: Has helped out a lot.
Speaker 8: I think Brian mentioned this the other day and I noticed it on film, but I couldn't articulate it how he did and what he's doing is basically allowing Micah to be, you know, the middle linebacker and he's kind of aligning Damon a.
Speaker 9: Little closer to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 7: And what that does.
Speaker 8: It just allows I think Damone plays better when he's close to the he plays.
Speaker 7: Yes, and so it allows him.
Speaker 8: He's kind of allowing Micah in him to play off of each other, and I believe that's definitely been helping him out as well. But I'm fully prepared to see I'm prepared to see Micah and linebacker in this game and situationally to help out in the run and to also be able to flow to the ball freely to help attack the edges. Because I think they're gonna have to set the tone with Aaron Jones because to your point, just he's a momentum runner. Once he starts, it's very difficult to get him to come back down to earth. And so yeah, because he'd be levitating playing the Cowboys, we don't have time for you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Look, I know you such an Aaron Jones stand.
Speaker 6: I am such an Aaron Jones stand.
Speaker 2: But but I will say he has his weaknesses, and that is when he cannot get hot. To your point, momentum runner, when he can't get hot, it'll shut down real quick. You just cannot allow him to get back to back exposive plays and think.
Speaker 6: Of last time what happened.
Speaker 2: He had a rally day against the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Just run defense is different now.
Speaker 2: Though it is Hank is back. Hank is back.
Speaker 4: I think that's something that you pointed out, that they're bringing more safeties down to help in the run.
Speaker 3: Yes, too, So I think that's pretty.
Speaker 7: Cool, Dylan.
Speaker 8: I think it's important to because when I was talking to some of the players in the locker room, they would mention because AJ Dillon is like, he's a bulldozer. He is, he's strong, he's their punch, right and so him not playing if he's if he doesn't play.
Speaker 7: It's huge, y'all.
Speaker 8: It's I think it's very big because we've seen even with Tony is what is his effectiveness when he doesn't have a Rico or someone to split those carries with. It takes away from the explosiveness when they're the guy that's going, going, going, So he has taken the brunt of the carries.
Speaker 7: I really wonder what it's going to be like.
Speaker 8: I know they've been using their receivers in the run game as well, light them up.
Speaker 3: They want to run out the backfield.
Speaker 8: What they're freaking if they want to do this stuff is in around stuff with their wide receivers.
Speaker 6: Let him up early to it early. Yeah, you have to do it quick. Yeah, set the tone all right, we'll come in here with that not going to be in the room with us.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the Cowboys even set the tone early, will be back right here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk person if Jack saw the preferred dating part of the Dallas Cowboys, to break down more of this matchup.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice.
Speaker 6: Cold coola a journey to foutopia.
Speaker 7: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why We created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I told Jase I was ready and it was not.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: The Drill Cowboys Nation white out at at and T Stadium this weekend show out for our boys as they take on the Green Bay Packers in the twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Three NFL Wildcard.
Speaker 2: Round in an all white game day outfit. Head to the Pro Shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a Fanatics experience to find your white out gear.
Speaker 6: Yay?
Speaker 7: Love that that need to build bus?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if you go to the pro Shop near you or log onto Shop dot Dallascowboys dot com a Fanatics experience, you can find your wide out gear.
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you've heard.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I love you, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 3: But no y'all.
Speaker 4: Injury report, Yes, I guess we just talk about defense today. Stefan Gilmour did not participate in course. But it is better to rest day, by the way, I know. Mike McCarthy did say that he should be practicing on Saturday, sure, just to kind of see how he's feeling. Malie Hooker, well, he was a full participant but ankle injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then yeah, the rest is offense. Oh no, Jordan lewis limited today.
Speaker 7: Nur arrest Yeah, senior citizen now here.
Speaker 3: Uh No. We actually got to hear from Stefan Gilly. He was in good.
Speaker 2: Spirits, in good spirits.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He said that he's excited.
Speaker 4: He plans on playing on Sunday. That is something that he is so adamant about. I know for sure with the shoulder injury, though, can you play on that they popped it back into place?
Speaker 3: I do know that for sure, which is my phone is going off. But I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: He said that they might have to play him in like a horness.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so when he was talking about it, he said.
Speaker 2: They would probably put him in like a protective harness. That doesn't the way I tried to understand it is it doesn't allow certain movement to where it could potentially pop it back out again. But what's interesting is so Mike said he probably wouldn't practice until Saturday when Gilly was talking about it in the locker room, he had said that he would probably plan to test the shoulder a little bit more tomorrow, and that might not necessarily be a practice, that might just be something with the rehab group because that's who he's been working with. But it's so funny because you know, he's a veteran player, but he's like, it's just another thing I have to play through, just another thing I have to work through. It's part of my job. These guys are so tough. These guys are so tough. He popped his shoulder out on Sunday and he's here like, hey, I'm gonna play a game a week later.
Speaker 6: He's very very adamant.
Speaker 2: About it, and he said, we know the opportunity that's in front of us, and we need everybody, including myself.
Speaker 3: Well, he has that experience, that playoff experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he knows how crucial it is to have everybody's hands on deck. They actually have seen a new updated injury report. Jonathan Hankins was limited today.
Speaker 7: With ankle limited to start the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, that's good.
Speaker 8: They're probably just you know, managing it to make sure he's he's good but I see.
Speaker 7: Him working drills and he looks he looked, he looks like.
Speaker 2: Jesse.
Speaker 8: She talked about the shoulder sleeve thing I asked.
Speaker 9: I asked a couple of players about it that have had to have it on before.
Speaker 8: And number one, Stefan Gilmore's pads are small. He wears small pads.
Speaker 7: So the positioning of it and stuff.
Speaker 8: From my understanding, they've evolved the shoulder sleeve so it's not as bulky and restricting and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Because I was.
Speaker 8: Asking on the bone, Clark has been wearing one too, so I wanted to kind of get a gist of what it feels like and things like that, because he's been big in tackling, like even in that game he got hurt tackling, and it's one thing that I think is underrated about his game is how well he tackles. And so you want him, especially against this team that has yak ability and stuff, you want him to be able to do that.
Speaker 7: So we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 8: Jest.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: And with the possibility without Stefan Gilmour, who were looking at who.
Speaker 8: Nashan is who they rolled out there, and I'm not super like nervous about that.
Speaker 7: He hasn't talked to him today?
Speaker 6: Right, Oh you did?
Speaker 7: You talked to?
Speaker 6: Who talked to today?
Speaker 7: I seen somebody talking to him.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought it was you.
Speaker 3: I literally probably just said, hey, I'm passing.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 8: We saw him have a pretty good camp. We saw him have a pretty good training camp as well. I think he's developed, right, he's developed.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: She needs help.
Speaker 6: That's why I know, because.
Speaker 3: I talked to like different people today. So I'm sorry. I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 6: I did right there, because you were like, I didn't say I knew you.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, No, he feels really good. Sorry, memory a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: He said that he's he's feeling good heading into Sunday.
Speaker 4: I didn't get a chance to ask him if he is playing in place of so on? You know how what's his confidence level as far as getting out there?
Speaker 3: But me, he looked good.
Speaker 6: You feel good.
Speaker 4: He's feeling good about the opportunity, possible opportunity.
Speaker 3: So yeah, dang, I forgot I talked to him.
Speaker 2: We also talked to anything, but yeah, such a gem, Such a gem.
Speaker 6: Got to talk to him for a long time.
Speaker 2: I felt bad because I was like, I should do your thing, talk to him and then I'll come back. And then like the media huddle came.
Speaker 3: Over to him.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm so sorry. I felt bad.
Speaker 2: But he pretty much people are asking about Gilly and his availabilities, like, look, if he says what he says, he says what he says. But it was really cool to hear him talk about his honest feelings of going in the playoffs, and he talked about it's like I'm a little nervous, but I know once I get in, it's just gonna kind of wipe away and I go back into game mode. And then he talked about how I asked him, does getting your interception, because he went through a little bit of a dry spell getting that interception in the last week, does that help you boost.
Speaker 6: Confidence for the playoffs or do you kind of.
Speaker 2: Wipe it away and you you do something new in playoffs.
Speaker 6: He's like, oh, I wipe it away because I.
Speaker 2: Just want one or multiple and he does a little.
Speaker 6: Laugh every game, and you know what's laughing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so yeah, I think for him just being a younger player and also picking his mind a little bit about this younger Packers team and kind of how that plays into this game. It was very interesting and I think he's just grown so much this year alone. When we talk about guys in the secondary and guys that will have to step in if if Gilly can't take a full load or he's not available, it's now or never.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is all you have.
Speaker 2: Garan, he'd left his Sunday until you win, So now or never? You know what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just yeah, he has been like a little quiet like a few games ago. But yeah, last game when he got the interception, I was like, Okay, So I think he's definitely due for another one this game, and I think he can do it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When we talk about takeaways, the Cowboys are twelve and one when recording a takeaway in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: The Dallas defense twenty six takeaways in twenty twenty three. With opportunities?
Speaker 4: Does taken on the Packers present as far as creating those takeaways?
Speaker 3: Do they have any opportunities?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean when you look at the quarterback, I think he's first of all, I really like the player. It's been a fun watch kind of seeing him in his development and stuff.
Speaker 7: He's way ahead of schedule to me.
Speaker 8: I think you kind of seeing what happens when they get to sit for a little bit and develop. But the one thing about Jordan Love is he does a lot of work in the pocket.
Speaker 7: He's not much of a scrambler.
Speaker 8: Mina had a fantastic stat about the fact that when he gets outside the pocket, he's thirty first.
Speaker 9: In the league with delivering the ball and in QBR. So he likes to do a lot of stuff inside the pocket.
Speaker 7: Cowboys love estuf, do you understand me?
Speaker 8: Like they would prefer that they have struggled at times with mobile quarterbacks who have a capability and stuff.
Speaker 7: This guy likes to stay inside the pocket. He also too, can.
Speaker 3: Get a little.
Speaker 8: I'm not sick, he can get a little careless with how he is holding the ball in the pocket.
Speaker 7: So I will see if there are.
Speaker 8: Opportunities for maybe strip fumbles or something by this defensive line, maybe some batic balls. Because he's he he will feel pressure. Sometimes he'll step up. Sometimes he's just like I'm not moving, I'm about to pass this ball.
Speaker 7: So I would also like to see the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Defensive line get their hands up in the passing lanes. But another thing that I noticed and he has improved on it as in this last six games.
Speaker 3: I don't wonder god, but.
Speaker 6: Oh he has improved on it.
Speaker 8: But this is a quarterback that really attacks the middle of the field at a high clip and he does not fish insistently though, But when he attacks on me outside, there are times where he's throwing off that back foot, that ball is a little floaty, and that does open up opportunities for this secondary.
Speaker 7: And maybe you haven't seen it in the other defenses.
Speaker 8: That's there are plenty of opportunities there for Chicago to take the ball away. They just don't have the ball hawks that the Cowboys do, so I'm definitely looking at how they attack them there.
Speaker 7: But also the Seahong quarterback.
Speaker 8: I talked to Jordan Lewis, you can show and go with this guy like I expect for the Cowboys defense, and dan Quinn has been throwing out some different looks, some disguises, some some things like in the secondary, maybe working with the safeties to maybe trip him up a bit on what he thinks he sees and maybe there'll be some opportunities there as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you mentioned like he throws it and it's like not a lot of velocity, but it floats, so that is also a very good opportunity for our defense to get an interception or to stop the ball. So I think that'll be really good for our defense.
Speaker 6: We're talking to Janie and One.
Speaker 2: He was like, Wani is so funny, but he gives really good information. And he was like, well, if I had to say, somebody's gonna have a good game, he like pointed over to the lockers across from him. All I can say, I'm not gonna rat him out.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna say keeping out.
Speaker 2: On the safety game because I really think they're emphasizing safety takeaways.
Speaker 6: To your point, lady, I think I.
Speaker 2: Think safeties are going to be a little bit more involved in trying to get those takeaways this week. But I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna rade out one. I was.
Speaker 4: I was about to say the number, but I was like, you know, no, no, we could have.
Speaker 2: We could have some spies watching this podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a safety group.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna take our second break.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back right here.
Speaker 4: On Girls, Stock Boys Stock Present about jig Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dell Cowboys.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 3: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 10: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool petsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 9: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers in the Wildcard round of the twenty twenty three Playoffs. Get ready to wipe out at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth, at three thirty pm on Fox, It's time to seize Everything. For playoff updates, visit dallascowboys dot com, Slash Playoffs, carpe Omnia, see time, and wear white if you're going to the game. If you're a Packers, please also wear white.
Speaker 6: If you're going to the game. It applies to you to.
Speaker 3: It's game time, y'all. An mean you get on her nurse?
Speaker 2: Why oh what?
Speaker 5: They're gonna be wearing their cheese heads.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm dating a Packers fan. It's rough in the house this week. It's real rough in the house this week.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 2: I love it for me usually, but this week I'm like, well, get away from me.
Speaker 3: Put them on the couch.
Speaker 2: I should now, if you're listening, you're sleeping on the cocker.
Speaker 8: Forty nine ers, eagers, Eagles, don't breathe, Eggers, get away from me.
Speaker 6: Frauds, the frauds.
Speaker 7: Packers forty nine ers are each the frauds.
Speaker 2: I don't want to Packers forty nine ers of the frauds.
Speaker 7: That's what y'all are sick.
Speaker 3: No, y'all are sick. I hear fraudsolutely.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you're talking about. They're the Philadelphia frauds.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they definitely did.
Speaker 2: Like identity theft, ye didn't last long.
Speaker 6: They faked it the door.
Speaker 3: What game time? All right, let's go literally get it.
Speaker 7: She's rubbing out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dog, I'm telling you it's game time.
Speaker 3: Your biggest up really.
Speaker 4: All so it's called over under all right, So basically I'm gonna say a little step.
Speaker 3: If y'all think it's over.
Speaker 4: The step, y'all say this, y'all gold, Okay, if.
Speaker 3: Y'all think it's under the step, y'all.
Speaker 7: Is so fun.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm very innovative. Shout out.
Speaker 4: Because he he did this in the bag because jaz Will was out to draw.
Speaker 6: How do you guys do this?
Speaker 3: She wasn't really really is the best producer ever in life?
Speaker 6: Yeah, everyone needs to all right, we're ready.
Speaker 3: Sickening drawn Bland is gonna get an interception?
Speaker 6: Were you a hello?
Speaker 9: Are you sue?
Speaker 6: Did you hear the question?
Speaker 3: Youw many?
Speaker 7: You gotta say a number.
Speaker 2: I'm saying one's gonna get one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say to screw it yellow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Actually I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, yeah, how do you know, like.
Speaker 7: I think you'll get one?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fair.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, y'all are sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you wanna go over Oh no, no, no, you know what I'm gonna say over Yeah, I'm gonna say he's gonna get a pick six, not just an interception.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna go over it. Okay, that yeah?
Speaker 9: I like that?
Speaker 3: Dam all right. Second one, I can't even my.
Speaker 7: Hand smelling it?
Speaker 6: Can you? Can you stop smelling it? Please?
Speaker 3: Oh good? Biggest reception for CD will be fifty five yards.
Speaker 6: Why do you look stressed?
Speaker 7: Because I'm thinking about their defensive scheme. I'm envisioning it.
Speaker 3: We saw a ninety two yards single high.
Speaker 7: I'll say over all, right.
Speaker 3: What y'all think? What's the biggest reception?
Speaker 2: He's gonna get sixty going around sixty?
Speaker 3: What I said fifty five?
Speaker 6: Fifty?
Speaker 3: I said fifty. I'm gonna go fifty five it.
Speaker 7: I think Brandon Cooks is gonna have one, a big dang.
Speaker 3: I was gonna go to Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 6: Well there there you go.
Speaker 3: All right, Well Brandon Cooks scores a touchdown.
Speaker 7: It's a given after this?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: I love his look?
Speaker 7: Wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 6: Saying yeah, he's getting one, he's getting one.
Speaker 3: There we go. I should have thought about that like a little again.
Speaker 6: Out figured it out, all right, It's okay.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm. Donald gets a past breakup and an interception. I don't want money even I know, I don't know. Oh my god, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 7: I think he's gonna be doing more in the run game.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 7: I see him happy.
Speaker 2: I see him having more past deflections in this game. If he doesn't have interceptions, I see multiple past deflections. So I'm gonna go under with the interception. But I think there's gonna be multiple past deflections, and not just from Donna.
Speaker 6: I think we're all.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see a lot more past deflections or to your point, force fumbles.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, Donald, Cowboys contain Aaron Jones to fifty rushing yards and twenty receiving yards. Wait, so, yes, as an under if they go over fifty rushing yards and twenty reception receiving yards, sat over, I'm sorry under that?
Speaker 3: Do you think the Cowboys can contain him under them?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Yes, I'm a yeah, I saw what I feel like they can.
Speaker 7: I think I like what they did to Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna see if they.
Speaker 11: Can do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there, I'm sorry because he wasn't the one.
Speaker 8: That hurts you even when you played the forty nine ers, it was the other guy. He's running all by himself, says I know it's ninety.
Speaker 7: Yards, well seventy seventy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they might be able to hold him to seventy seven yards totally, yeah, Saren Jones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm all right.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say over Hunter Lipke gets involved in the run game, any.
Speaker 3: Scores, Oh, a rushing touch.
Speaker 4: Now, you know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm gonna go like your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they even.
Speaker 5: Maybe give him the blog, maybe give him I think he needs.
Speaker 3: I think he needs to redeem himself from yeah and then.
Speaker 2: Under Yeah, no, I just don't think you gotta I don't think a touchdown. And also if you do see him involved in the run game, it's going to be blocking like he's been. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But also that's no shade to him.
Speaker 2: We talked about in the locker room today how anytime somebody gets a touchdown, they'll give that ball to somebody is like a credit or a thank you. A lot of guys mentioned they give it to Hunter for his blocking abilities.
Speaker 6: So if if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 3: I just I really think I just want to see him.
Speaker 6: I think that's an ext opportunity.
Speaker 2: I think. I think that's a second year lead thing, very similar to how I felt about Cavante Turpin last year. Wanted to get more involved in the receiving game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you see that a.
Speaker 6: Little bit more second year.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, A good point.
Speaker 6: I want to see it too.
Speaker 4: Tony Pollard sets a new season high rushing yards. Well, he has one hundred and twenty two yards. That's a that's a season high for him.
Speaker 9: Well, they've giving up one twenty on the ground. Bybee Baby's out there.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: Bet the Cowboys will score forty points. I don't know where I'm going with that one.
Speaker 2: Yet, that was what they averaged at home most of the season.
Speaker 4: They're giving Yeah wait, they're giving up twenty per game, right, Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 6: So average at home?
Speaker 7: They have thirty at home. Yeah, well that must say last few weeks.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to score like thirty five.
Speaker 2: Go on.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't see this being a high scoring game.
Speaker 2: But either either side, I think if both teams are playing like they should, nobody's scoring over thirty.
Speaker 9: I don't agree.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't agree this that their defense.
Speaker 9: I think the Cowboys should be able to put up there.
Speaker 6: They should, how.
Speaker 3: Forty they should, it's gonna be I'd say thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna go over thirty.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say thirty.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what do you think? I'm gonna say even?
Speaker 5: This might even.
Speaker 7: It's a smart even.
Speaker 6: Yes here we are making your.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna say even, because, like you mentioned, the defense isn't that great. And I think if the Cowboys are on their a game, they could.
Speaker 3: Do it period. I think that's all guys, it's not oh wait, no it's not. No, it is that is That is all the ones that I had. It's a great game. I have one.
Speaker 2: I have one for you. Okay, Golden Aubrey kicks three field goals in this game?
Speaker 6: Over under?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah, over, I'm talking field goals, not extra points.
Speaker 6: Field goals three three under? Then say under, Okay, I know I don't want them.
Speaker 7: Is he gonna make them?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: She said yes.
Speaker 7: I said, Oh my gosh, he scared me. I thought she's saying yeah, I'm like, no, no, knock on what though?
Speaker 11: This is not over?
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 7: I was like, what that put that freaking Bobby.
Speaker 3: Yoick three field goals?
Speaker 6: Yeah that means believable.
Speaker 2: That okay, but that means the Cowboys school drive down the field three times and did you not touchdowns?
Speaker 6: So that's that's what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like that's under.
Speaker 6: I don't want him exactly that.
Speaker 2: That's smart guys either, but realistically three, I'm gonna go three.
Speaker 3: I think three. I think he's gonna end up kicking three.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna say two. I'm gonna give him to I'm gonna give him to Under for two.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say, Okay, you got one.
Speaker 6: Huh you have one.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking uh oh, I guess we could do. Jake Ferguson has five receptions.
Speaker 6: Over I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Take yeah eighty yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah around the target seventy he.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that he wasn't targeted a lot last game, right, I think he.
Speaker 7: Got like seven eight targets.
Speaker 2: He's the second most targeted player on the team.
Speaker 8: But also to just taking a peak, haven't gotten too deep into their defensive film, but they give up. They've given up one hundred and five point three ratings to Titans, and I mean Kate Otten from the just tore them up in the middle of the field. So I do think there's gonna be some opportunity there for him. But yeah, I think he's gonna be big.
Speaker 4: All right, do you all have any hot takes for this game?
Speaker 5: I'm just hoping they'll utilize a lot of players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the starters are gonna be in, I mean out, sorry, sorry, is gonna be out midway through the fourth?
Speaker 7: Oh sugar, Oh, that's a.
Speaker 3: Hot take that as.
Speaker 2: I don't know mine is really that hot of a take. But if the Cowboys don't get an early start in this game, that couldn't steal their fate.
Speaker 7: Why you gotta.
Speaker 6: Im being realistic.
Speaker 7: But they're not even a high scoring offense. Okay, it makes you think that what that they're gonna that they that they won't get a fast start, or that they from behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they haven't had a fast start up until the last two weeks. They like all season consistently, we've been talking about how this team needs to start fast and whether they defer the ball or not, and they don't, so honestly, you're in the playoffs, don't put yourself to come back from behind.
Speaker 7: Would you want to do that? I would definitely take the ball against. That's what I'm sick of seeing.
Speaker 2: The ball being deferred and and I understand the logic of going to score before the half and then get it back and swe you haven't been doing that until this last game, so it's not working.
Speaker 8: It was also to thee it was because of the wind too, and Christy talked about that too.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying if you don't get an early start, and I'm not even saying you have to like consistently score every single time you have the ball, because that's not a realistic game either. I'm just saying start early and set the tone because this is a tone setting game and it's more of a more of a momentum swinging game.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Also, I think I heard something about them like the Packers do really good coming out of the half and they that's when they score their most points so.
Speaker 6: Easy. That's important.
Speaker 7: So to your point is to get to a fast start.
Speaker 8: I think the best situation for them to be in is to trade their their threes for your sevens and hold them to field goals. They're only averaging, but twenty two point four points a game. I don't know if that's going to trade the whole bunch. My hot take is, oh, here we go. Uh, Jordan Love has not been sacked a lot this year. I think they've only given up forty one sacks. I'm saying the Cowboys defense gets at least three period.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: I think that's realistic too.
Speaker 7: I think they attack their left tackle.
Speaker 8: This offensive line is actually pretty good, like I was. I was surprised when I watched them, and they've kept him cleaning for the most part.
Speaker 7: But because he's he's still learning and stuff.
Speaker 6: I think from the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Uh secondary gives them some time and gives him makes him a little indecisive. They'll be sacks there, but I'm looking for them to attack the left tackle and the center.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got a hot tape.
Speaker 5: Oh it's not really hot tape, but it's about like our offense.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, oh well it's okay.
Speaker 5: Well, y'all are gonna talk about them, but I think CD Lamb will dominate again.
Speaker 7: Talk about it.
Speaker 5: Alexander dr Yeah, I think that's his name. Yes, So I mean because they I mean, they've played against each other before and he destroyed himself.
Speaker 9: They don't have nobody there guard Big Homie eighty eight for real.
Speaker 3: So we'll be talking about this offense Manyana. That's a rapper.
Speaker 4: Today's episode of Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jack saw the preferred dating partner of the Dallas how Boys.
Speaker 3: We'll see almorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.