Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we have a Giants review. Kingsbury has been in his bag man calling great games. Is Terry a top ten wide receiver? Yes he is, and we previewed the Steelers. They've got a dominant defense. But I think Jayden got something for him and then big big trade, it all starts right Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Fulson here with Fred Smooth and Santana Mousin and guys. We have some breaking news and very rarely have breaking news on big trade. Yes, Marshawn Lattimore to the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thoughts, I just think I want to thank the football guys right now for blessing us to have Adam Peterson in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like this man is if if you had to ask, well, it was one thing that Adam Peter's doing, don't know nothing about him.
Speaker 3: He plays chess. Yeah, that's what I would say.
Speaker 4: He played checkice and he plays it well.
Speaker 2: I mean every move this guy have made up to this point, man has came to a point to where it's better in us. I mean, you can honestly just see everything just forming into what is gonna be for the future. And I think right now, that's the one piece that we needed. Man, he just added a guy that we so desperately needed and it's gonna make everybody else better around him.
Speaker 5: Well, it tells me that they feel like this year we can go make we can go to the end. Like, let's be honest, do you don't make this moves like you make this move to say, you know what, the space where we wee get, let's fortify that space. And now it bumps saint juice to to and simmer still to the inside and it's monogamly to the full corner. It just strengthened a whole room. It changed future drafts. Next year, you don't have to drive a coner. It has changed the whole complexity of his team. You're talking about a guy that's around twenty eight years old, still in the peak of his career, full time pro bowler.
Speaker 4: To me, it was what we needed.
Speaker 5: It was Johney on the spot, and it's gonna affect us for years to come.
Speaker 4: Not only that.
Speaker 2: Men, you just had this conversation two days ago, I believe, and I was saying to myself, it's like, and you spoke about that, you know, not having number one and make it forces somebody else to play that position.
Speaker 3: Now you got that guy.
Speaker 2: Now you got a guy that Joe Wick can honestly say, you know what, I can build things around him. This guy he can shut down, lockdown where I want to put him in zone, press man, he complete everything, And now I can toy around with my safeties. Now I can do different things. Close this guy and things and now bringing guys down.
Speaker 3: To the box.
Speaker 2: So this, this is this right here amplifies any and everything that our secondary once was. You know, now Joe really has a guy that he can really say, you know what, last time I had a guy with a little bit of what he has, we did this.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna bring that down to the play.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great point. Like schematically, you know, he can do more right more for you can play a little bit more man like. One of the things I think we've seen over the first weeks of the season is that we've been in a lot of kind of two shell, a lot more zone, and I think in training camp we saw a lot more man, a lot more aggressive man. Pressure's ability to kind of work those I think about Tampa Bay Week one. You know, he wanted to be in a lot more man. We were having a hard time matching up, but the pressure packages off of that. This is the thing that gets you there. And the thing that I think is really important is like this defense. This coaching staff is all about the football, and this guy is about the football.
Speaker 4: Listen football.
Speaker 1: I went back and watched probably one hundred clips of him before we came in today, and one thing about him got that great click and close, that great click and closed ability, that instinct for the ball, understands route concepts really well. You know, he runs. He ran a four to three six. I don't know if he's like that kind of burner burner, but he's got really strong instincts and ball skills.
Speaker 5: And he's a dog too, Like he's a competital like him in this Mike Evans Ward. He been having back and forth when Cona's getting wars like that. They tell me you had to win some of those battles, Like they tell me you're not afraid of that battle. You know, aj Brown, he's been one of them guys. He loved to see this jersey coming. Might not love to see it coming so much. Because the one thing about Lattimore he's not a small corner.
Speaker 4: Then he gets physical. That's the one thing they want to do.
Speaker 5: They want to force conners the tacker in this league, especially in the run game. And he's a guy that will come up and do that. Plus he's plays in tons of big games. Thing, it's gonna surprise this guy.
Speaker 2: I'm just man, just for the sake of what is going to do to that, to that room, to that, to that defensive back room.
Speaker 3: I mean that.
Speaker 2: You know, we talked about iron shopping and iron This is at its best right now because now sant Is still get to go pick a real veteran mind and say, hey, man, what am I'm doing to better myself? And then now talking about the Saint Jewics, whos going to be seeing there and say, Okay, this is what I have to do. You have a guy next to you that you can watch, you can basically implement, you can basically take everything he got to put in your bag. You know, that's one of the things that makes us good at our sport. You know, at our joshs one of the things I did well. I watched everybody. I didn't care if he was a starter or not.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna if you have something that I don't have, I'm adding to mine.
Speaker 1: And this is something we talked about. You know, Saint Juice is the guy that's been matching number one receivers and he's really probably.
Speaker 4: He's been honting mooning as a one, Yeah, but he's a two.
Speaker 5: Just be honest, because a one could take double digit throws at them, yeah, every game and come out of winter.
Speaker 1: And you know, we've talked a lot on this show about how we think Saint Juse is playing betteries or confidence. This isn't an indictment of him necessarily, but I think I think this is this is part of it, right, like when you got a good when you when you have the opportunity to bring in a good player at the right price. We're gonna talk about that in a second. It bumps kind of everybody down, So Saint just now is kind of that true too, Sanders Still, they've wanted to get him back inside since basically week three. Now he can be back inside. We've talked about how instinctive he's been playing on the perimeter. Get him in there and get in a more comfortable natural role. So I think this is this is something that we felt needed to happen. You know, I thought they might go this direction or a pass rusher, but I think the pass rush has been playing so well. Yeah, this seems like the obvious move. This guy is available, and Freddie talked about his caliber, you know, like it's interesting he's coming off like a little bit of a hamstring injury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, that's Adams.
Speaker 1: You think so, you think it's But I was gonna say, like, what like when you watch film, like he's playing well, but not to the level he was a couple of years ago. And I hope coming here to this culture under Daniel, he's gonna we're gonna get a.
Speaker 2: ReBs going to Spark is gonna like that fuse. And that's when of the things about it, man, You know, when you have guys at the caliber of a player day he is, and you see the trauma one that's going on where he came from the sas you scratch your head about anything you hear about him, because you're like, oh, well maybe it was he was trying to make sure you.
Speaker 3: Can get himself out of that, you know what I'm saying. So I didn't want to put Yeah, played the first game back, so I didn't want to add too much to that.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, man, I know he's happy. I know he's gonna be extra pump. Me and Fred both been in them shoes. You have to go on to other teams, going to another team. I know, I remember coming here and I care less about what was going on. I wanted to get here, hit the ground running, and I wanted everybody to know that what they was getting in that trade.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure this guy gonna be eager from losing situation to a winning situation.
Speaker 1: I think it's a new opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a new opportunity to renew in the same season.
Speaker 5: It's very similar to what's happening in Kansas City with the receiver Hopkins.
Speaker 3: Hopkins like the hop Goes from last night, like the.
Speaker 5: It's just it's something about the environment and it's something about coming to a winner.
Speaker 4: It revitalizes.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's talk about the trade details a little bit. At least this is as it's being reported. We don't know for sure yet till it's actually finalized. But you know, Tanne was talking about Adam Peters, right and the job that he does. So the Commanders acquire a fifth round pick and Marcus Ladmore this year, they're only paying six hundred and fifty thousand dollars on his salary. Who else is picking up that money? Yeah, the Saints. They're picking up thirty million dollars.
Speaker 4: And they tearbone of the capra.
Speaker 1: There's thirty million dollars. And then there's two years too.
Speaker 3: How much they paying again.
Speaker 1: They're paying thirty million dollars for this year?
Speaker 4: They again, what week?
Speaker 3: Paying six hundred thousand, six hundred and fifty thousand, Lord Mercy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a good deal. And obviously there's two deals, two more years on the deal, but they're not guaranteed. They can be restructured. So this feels like a total win win win. Got a good player in the building. Not paying them a ton of money doesn't affect your contract. You can restructure the deal if you want. Next year, the Saints acquire a third round pick. Where'd that third onund pick come from?
Speaker 4: It came from sixth Yeah, it's the Phil trade.
Speaker 1: It came from Dodson, Right, we give him a fourth round pick? Or remember we got a fifth round.
Speaker 5: Pick, Logan. We kept the pick from Philly and we gave them out.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm saying. We have an extra point is we have an extra pick. Yeah right, we have an extra pick because of the Johan Dodson trade that goes there. We have an extra pick because of John Ridgeway that goes to them.
Speaker 5: Also it goes back to them, and then it goes back to the original and.
Speaker 1: Then sexually we're swapping a fourth and a fifth and we're getting a player. So, you know, Tanny, you were talking. I don't know what the words you use. Just like the magician, the accountant, whatever term you used to describe Adam Peters, that feels like a little bit of magic right now.
Speaker 5: He's the chess king, right he told mate, put the money in the bank.
Speaker 4: You listen, No man's need I need. I robbed you. This is this is magic, man. This is what happens.
Speaker 5: Now when you get somebody certified in there and they understand the x's and o's and the Jimmy and the Joes.
Speaker 2: Now I just love it too, because for the simple fact is you hear so many people trying to hey, when we're gonna do something, when you know, got my job over here, let me do what I do. Man, let me do what I do. So when you hear it, it's like I said before, it's it's one of those situations.
Speaker 3: Man, we've been here a while.
Speaker 2: We've been here a while, whether we're covering the team or play You've never seen moves that was gonna help us instantly or that was gonna basically make us a better team, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Or better you know we have that position there. So this is one of those moves.
Speaker 2: Like now, I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I believe in this guy. Think I've watched him a lot, a ton of football of him, and he plays the way we've been asking for our coins to play.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm looking forward to looking to him.
Speaker 4: That corner.
Speaker 5: He could play off, he could play zonge, he could do whatever you need him to do any day, any time. And we know as we get closer to the playoffs and we get down here and we play in the Philadelphia's of the world and these other team with these legit number ones, he is gonna be to know, he's gonna be the guy that set them. Yeah, he lets wit call the defense the way he wants to call it not how he needs to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so obviously, needless to say, we're really excited. And tomorrow on the Command Center podcast, No, this is the commander on the Command Center show, we have more details about this trade. So make sure you check that out. And in the meantime, let's get back to the regular pod. And guys, we were just talking about something a little unusual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we always talk about the.
Speaker 1: Celebrations from this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, it was plays and celebrations that were berserkers.
Speaker 1: But the one that kind of got me was the one where Drake Lennon popped up on his head and then fell.
Speaker 5: Over basically a handstand. So he did Saint Brown. I'm gonna ride Saint Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I couldn't have pulled it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could have did it.
Speaker 4: You could have did it, yeah, because he said, Jim Jim nasty.
Speaker 3: I'm a flipper. Yeah, in so many words, I'm gonna put hm in network.
Speaker 4: Can you do?
Speaker 1: Can you do a flip? Like like a backflip?
Speaker 3: Back flip?
Speaker 4: What about you? Have you ever did a backflip?
Speaker 1: Look at me, you.
Speaker 5: Are part of the one athlete. I wouldn't be shocked if you can do a backflip logan, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be I can't do a big old Chris Bakers do it. Yeah, if you don't know Chris Baker, he's three hundred and thirty pounds of default.
Speaker 4: He do a flip after every game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's more impressive when, like, you know that dude from the Saints, the defensive tackle got the interception.
Speaker 4: But he used to be a running back in high school.
Speaker 1: Dude, when those big dudes can do it, that just means you're different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 5: But we gotta say, as much as the celebrations was good, I have never ever in my life besides a Barry sound that's fifteen yard run where he was going back and forth seeing what Saquon did.
Speaker 4: This one what you call it though, tell us what you call this is what he did.
Speaker 5: The first dude that got there is a defensive player, which I'm like, I'm feeling sorry for him because I've been in old shoes, sized him up, left his underwear on the grass, so he saw the underwear on the ground. The next guy tries to tack him, he jumped butt first.
Speaker 4: You think about that.
Speaker 1: When I saw that, it's like he is so lucky someone didn't come and just clean his clock.
Speaker 4: From the back, you know how.
Speaker 2: You know, so you have to be in that his shoes to understand what kind of trance he was under.
Speaker 3: And at the times once your start moving, when you in one of those lookers, I had to play nowhere near that, but I had to play where I needed the first down. We just we just it was two thousand and now you wasn't here yet.
Speaker 2: Lo I scored. I scored the game when which was the game? When it touchdown against the Saints. We got the ball back, they got the ball. We got the ball back, but we got to get a first down to make sure we goes on. So if we don't get a first down, they get the ball back. I catch a now route and if you picture it, the linebacker coming to be b line hit me inside of my face. I some ways stopped and cross feet sideways.
Speaker 3: Don't know how I did it, but.
Speaker 4: I was in that trends them a little to what you know.
Speaker 6: Was in.
Speaker 3: He just was in the one of those as to where he reacting to every move and the next thing told him jump, But he didn't know I'm back with I'm gonna do a split now, you know what I mean? Like its man, it's it's got to.
Speaker 1: Be she's lucky, he's lucky didn't get get smoked. But I will say someone else another group of people that are also in that trance right now, seemingly Washington Commanders. They're playing some good football right now. They're leading the division seven and two and kind of low key like an NFC powerhouse, were willing to go that far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most no calling for what you see.
Speaker 1: So what are we seeing from.
Speaker 4: We're seeing reality work itself out in that face.
Speaker 1: Because the other NFC teams are obviously the Commander's seven to two, Detroit seven to one. Ye, that feels like a different, different cut of team.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 5: Well you know what, because they brought everybody back and they trying to finish something they stowed it last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you got the Falcons six and three, These are all leading the divisions. And then there's on a Cardinals five and four. So obviously we've beaten the Cardinals. I think we got to go.
Speaker 4: I think the Cardiage is a better team and the people think.
Speaker 1: They versus versus the Falcons, But I mean, are we on are we on caliber with like the Vikings the Packers.
Speaker 5: I think right now we're in a better spot than the Vikings. I think we're in a better spot than the Packers. I think right now the cream of the crop in the NFC is Detroit. Like we just said, I think the Falcons are in the coming ground with us where they finally filed the quarterback and Kirk he's unlocking weapons like Pitts and Robinson, so he got them going.
Speaker 4: I put us on a different.
Speaker 5: Level because I expect the guy is a bigger unicorn than they're expected. Guy, I'm just saying Jay and Daniels can beat you the whole way you're talking about then Kirk Cousins, I'm just saying that main web, it's a different type weapon. So, like I said, besides the other two, I don't I don't really see anybody else that there's a super super threat to us.
Speaker 2: You know, talking about teams, you see the team, you see the you know those records that staying out there at the top of their division. I never get too caught up into trying to compare because until you play them you want, you.
Speaker 4: Don't know how you feel exactly.
Speaker 2: So when you looking at them, you're looking at uh, you know, Detroit, They're Juggernaut. You're like, man, these guys can't be stopped. But they didn't really play us yet, you know what I mean the same way with us.
Speaker 4: We don't know we stop. I got think about it.
Speaker 2: Until we played Baltimore, no one gave us credit for how good we were. Baltimore was the best, I guess say, the best team at the point that we played them, you know, and we went toe to toe with them without one of our weapons. So that's when teams started recognizing, like, hey, maybe this Commanders team is it is really good.
Speaker 3: So I can't get that far ahead and say that can we.
Speaker 2: Play with them? I think we can play with anybody. It's just what we win. We won't know until we play them.
Speaker 4: I can say this out of the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 5: I don't think I ever said this period, since it ain't no team in the NFL that this team lined up with that that I don't think they got a chance with.
Speaker 4: I just feel that.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad you brought that up, because I think that's we'll talk about, you know, the Giants game, more specifically, in the Pittsburgh game. Come up here in a little bit. But like when you look at this list of teams, I think Jane Daniels is definitely probably top three quarterback in the in the NFC right now. Which is which And again, when you have a quarterback like that, Yeah, it gives you hope and confidence.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous.
Speaker 3: That's the X factor.
Speaker 2: That's the X fastest thing that you can't you know, one of the things that you look at we talked about the other day, like in situations where you can say easily, man, that's you know, we're gonna be punting, but he finds the way to get the ball in the right person's hands and were moving the change.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent on fourth down.
Speaker 5: That's where we're at right now. That means every fourth down and we do it all we do a game at the game. It ain't like this. We do it every five games one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: That is a legit.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of the Philadelphia Eagles with the Tush push. Nobody could stop their fourth down or their shorty orders play and then extended drives the entire year.
Speaker 4: It made it.
Speaker 5: It weaponized them into a point to where defenses are just floundering trying to find out how can I stop this one?
Speaker 4: And they forgetting about the rest of the Eagles playbook, And.
Speaker 3: That's one of the thing that we have going our way.
Speaker 2: That defense is looking at us like on fourth down, is he gonna r pot this thing?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna drop back and throw it and he gonna whatever whatever?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 3: They feel like they have an answer. When they feel like they have an answer, he finds another week's opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about him again, because you talked about how he always seems like he's got the answer, and I really think in this last game versus the Giants, it felt that way. Yeah, right, Like it felt like he had the moment was never never too.
Speaker 4: Big, thirty five sexes the lag at.
Speaker 1: I mean, and also yeah, so no sacks, so great job to the offensive line, great job the biglets, great job to Jayden. But like, let's just talk about Jayden's performance because every week I'm kind of waiting for the other to shoot to drop, like him to look like.
Speaker 3: A waiting for it, but he doesn't look like a rookie. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ever, no, everybody waiting on him to hit that rookie wall. Yeah that's what they're waiting on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I just feel like, man, one of the things that standing out to me is just the preparation part.
Speaker 3: You know, that's that's what shows up.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It don't seemed like a guy. He seems like a guy that's like, oh, I've seen this before. You know, you really see that from a young guy. But he's out there, he's not blinking when he sees it, you know. And then what stands out to me is, you know how so many being a receiver, man, I've had so many of them. When you have those young quarterbacks, they're trying to make the right throw because of what coach told them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he sees something. He said, oh, I'm gone.
Speaker 2: No, he processing I see this and it's not I don't care if it's gonna it's gonna show up later.
Speaker 3: I'm not waiting on it. I'm goin to go get these yards.
Speaker 2: So he understands the weapon that he hasn't with his legs, and then his legs that I'm not finna wait. If I have to second guess myself, I'm gon take off, get four or five yards, get out of bound, and then I save myself for a shorter down to this.
Speaker 5: I just seeing a guy growing game by game, And what's really I love about his game is I don't need to throw for four hundred, I don't need to run for one hundred. I'm gonna do whatever needed to beat you today. That's what he does. He goes out there. He's what you call it true for multiply. I then played against good quarterbacks that they are good. They don't make people around them better, They just good quarterbacks. Then I play with guys that are forced multipliers that bring out the best in him, him him, and it gives all the offensive age. And when all the offense feel like they got an edge, we are then reactive on defense instead of proactive trying to ben y'all to I wheel.
Speaker 4: Now we just react, man, cause we don't know which one of y'all gonna hurt us.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about cliffs rolling all this in a second. But Jason has a really good question, Producer, Jason is when was the last time you saw a rookie quarterback look this comfortable? And then when was the last time you saw a rookie period look this comfortable?
Speaker 4: Last year?
Speaker 1: I mean this to me, I know you're gonna say, CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud right here, I am.
Speaker 1: But the thing again, when you watch the two of them, right, there's something.
Speaker 4: About he started faster than CJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he started like he just hit the ground running, running, And I think that's the I'm just waiting for it to be like normal rookie stuff. But like he had that throw. I want to say it was in the it was in the second quarter, third quarter, second quarter. They're driving down, they're throwing that high cross to know him around. Yeah, And I was standing right behind them, like right on the field level, like right near the goal post. I was looking. I was like, that dude is covered because all I can see is the linebacker be lining under that high cross. Ye do it behind them, And that is an NFL open throw. What I mean by that is the linebacker's back is to you and he cannot make a play on the football and he put that ball exactly where it needed to be the only plays And so to see that level of throw after what he was doing in Tampa, yeah, is like it's kind of like it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the thing that you know, it's funny that we talk about all these quarterbacks that came before him that has the same ability when it comes to using their legs. You know that dynamic when it comes to running with the football. But the one thing that stands out to me, they has n't. None of those quarterbacks have been as dynamic with their own And I'm not saying just because they have a huge jump, I'm saying placement. I'm saying, you know how they said when it comes to what what Aaron Rodgers have that know other quarterback have. You know, just the way how he can throw it, how he can get rid of it, every precision, the accuracy, all that stuff shows. And that's what I think that makes him so difficult to stop because not only can he escape the pocket and get missing, and he don't take time, he wastes no time doing so.
Speaker 3: He can throw anybody open.
Speaker 2: He can he can read process things quicker than most of these quarterbacks that have the same skill set.
Speaker 3: And that's why he's so special, Bro, That's.
Speaker 2: Why you're sitting here scratching your head wondering when he's going to stop. No, it's not going to stop because he had the one thing that all those quarterbacks that had that he had, he has the one thing going for him now earlier than they did, and that's he can use his own.
Speaker 5: I think two guys that I could say from top to bottom of the rookie year. They came in scorching hot, unstoppable.
Speaker 3: Name one.
Speaker 4: Two the Michael Vick experience. When Mike hit the scene. It's different.
Speaker 3: But because I was gonna say we was all screaming, we can all.
Speaker 2: Say Michael Vick. But that's the one thing I don't think Michael big process.
Speaker 4: He wasn't. Yeah, but they wouldn't. They wouldn't put it.
Speaker 1: That's a great point for because Michael Vicks a baller, but it's it's the thing. The thing that gets me is is it's the process, and he has not. He doesn't turn the football over, makes big time throws. He's very fastidious and like one of the great things that I loved was the checkdown Austin Eckler. It's already manned up across the boarder.
Speaker 4: He takes what's there.
Speaker 1: And like that's big. Can you get You go watch all Twinter, You go to the end zone and watch his eyes. First read, it's the dig. Second read here, third read balls out and he's losing a little bit of ground. Offensive line. His great job ball out and so so that again the Mike Vic thing, I love it. But there's the.
Speaker 5: Second one, Yago love too, because I think people forget how fast it is.
Speaker 4: Second one, stared it out. This guy in his first two.
Speaker 5: Games in the league ended up with six hundred and eighty some yards almost seven hundred yards Cam Newton, Oh yeah, and he was doing it with his arm, you know, like Cam all it out. And he was a blur to us because we were like, we've never seen nobody in this beat.
Speaker 4: Ye running his face and it's just laying.
Speaker 5: This ball out because Steve Smith was still playing for him, like he had a legit weapon. Then he he had Greg Osen at tight end. Uh, he had D'Angelo Williams in the backfield.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he came with a team. He just started out so quick, so quick.
Speaker 1: So those two, I mean, I think that's maybe another kind of feather and uh, Jadon's had because like, while Steve's Steve Smith, you know Greg Olsen, So I guess our Hall of famers and I'm not sure. You know, Terry's a good football.
Speaker 4: Player, but we don't know if you hall of Fame, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like for him for him to be elevating the force multiplayer thing the way you were talking about is is pretty cool. Right, Let's talk about Cliff real quick, because Cliffs done just a really good job. I think of kind of at every level of the team, just managing it, you know, of the offense, let's say, right, And one of the things I want to point out is, you know b Rob.
Speaker 4: Was gonna play.
Speaker 1: Everyone's a little bit nervous. Is he gonna Yeah, he's gonna be committed running seen it before the game and they are. He is so committed to running the full how.
Speaker 3: Many how many attempts we still had without.
Speaker 1: Be rong, So we have thirty five attempts about that, thirty five rushing attempts, thirty five rushing attempts, twenty seven passing attempts. And again, like it's the confidence in the players. I also Jadon Daniels executing on third down and getting where you gotta go. But I just felt like he was in his bag, like very comfortable, very confident. And I also and it's weird because it's like chicken or the egg, but like Jaden's elevating him and he's elevating.
Speaker 4: I think he learned a lot from the Baltimore game.
Speaker 5: He learned Cliff did because he understands we're not a for ness team. We and for this, but we're power and for this. And he realized, if I don't have my guy that wears this defense down, it doesn't allow me to let out my explosive my other backs that do the thing. But so he said, I'm gonna leave it. I'm gonna I'm gonna let Chris be the hammer. Chris Rodriguez be the hammer, be the physicality. I think he's been doing this though.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is something we talked about coming into this season, is that we get caught up in the air raid and all that stuff and about how he spread things out. But Connor was killing guys. He was one of the jobs. He was one of the top backs.
Speaker 3: And you know over there in Arizona when you know Cliff Kingsburg with stuff, Yeah, he came. He came from Pittsburgh and tore things up over there.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like that's what makes this offense special, that you know he gives you to what you think that he's going to do, and then he has when you have a quarterback like a Kyla Murray and a Jadon Daniels, you just.
Speaker 3: Have something more going. You have something that the average offense does happen. You got a plus one, Yes, you got another there for the court of the weapon in itself. And so think about it.
Speaker 2: Man, you watched that one run and I feel that Eckler could still be running right now. They had Matt Nicholas on one side, Echelo on this side, and came across it, gave the ball to Ekler.
Speaker 3: Eckler breaks through.
Speaker 2: That lineman couldn't do nothing because he didn't know if Eckler, he didn't know who had go out. So when you have that stuff going for you, man, he's playing minged.
Speaker 3: He's showing you, guys on defense what you want to see, and you still got to guess. You still got to make sure that you're right.
Speaker 2: And that's what give us that chance, because if you second guess yourself, that's four five y'alls.
Speaker 3: We don't got already on you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Basically, he's master Yoda right now and he's playing Jedi mind tricks with defenses. Because the one thing you can do with the defense if you make us stop our feet for one Mississippi two Mississippi. We beat like you just said, oh dude, oh dude, had to do this and do that, you beat.
Speaker 4: Eckler was so.
Speaker 2: Gone he didn't even know I had to make one more cut. I have a block out. Now I'm gone.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy is like, that's just like Wanda. That's just wander, run and wander. For those of you at home, it's just weak side run away from the tight end. Yeah, but we're gonna put a little window dressing on it, right, We're gonna bring the near back who is McNichols, We're going to bring across. It's gonna look like he's gonna sift or cut out that backside the end. But actually we're reading that backside player. And so when you look at this clip to Tennis talking about not only are we just getting Wanda in which we're pretty good a running, but you're seeing the backside linebacker, the backside corner have to keep and hold with jayde Daniels on his own read. So it's just it's Wanda. Yeah, it's day one install open any NFL playbook. It's one of the first runs.
Speaker 4: You're gonna learn. But he running it out of such funky.
Speaker 1: For me, it's just it's just and that's the thing that's good about it. Everyone talks about how clean the offensive, there's no turnovers, all this different stuff like I don't know how many plays he's carrying in the game, but it's it doesn't seem like a lot. It just looks like a lot because they run GT like a ton, right guard tackle poll, they run guard centerpool, they run it a ton, but they it looks different every week they run everyone. I think that's something you got to give Cliff a ton of credit for. And the other thing you gotta give Cliff credit for is he's done a really good job on play action looks of making sure that first read is open for Jayden. So for as good and his efficient Jayde's ben, he's also like Cliff is helping.
Speaker 4: He's giving him an outlet.
Speaker 5: And I could say it is too at least two new formations every game that it was a formation late in the game where it was a tight end but they was.
Speaker 4: Too tighty and lined up as a full back. And you know what, you know.
Speaker 1: What you know, you know what's crazy is that's just duo, I know it. But it's so think about this. They're going to set the two died ends to the left right and they're in the back of the full backs right. And now we're going to change strength in the snap. So we've set the three technique to the offensive left. Now we're going to attack the bubble to the offensive right. Kick that guy out, lead up, and you know it's four minute drill. So Rodriguez has got two hands on the football ball and no one touches him.
Speaker 4: For six He running right down here because the defense is doing it.
Speaker 1: But again, that is a simple it's again day, every team runs it. We're just gonna put a little bit of ferry dust on it. Another one and you talk about air raid. One of my favorite play calls of the game was after Seat had a nice run. It was like third and one right, they motioned Benson it to the backfield. He runs a flat, Rodriguez cuts the end. You know what play that is. That's Spider three white banana, Spider three white banana. Jay Gruden talks about that play till that's a West Coast offense.
Speaker 4: Get the ball out now.
Speaker 1: But we're running it in this kind of spread system, so you can see Cliff just running. It's just a good offense, and I think he deserves a ton of credit. You know, it serves a ton of credit me always.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: The guy that played in the game was Terry mccormym and Tan I know you're excited about this guy. You every year you're like, man, how good could Terry be if he had a quarterback? Now he's got a quarterback and he and his.
Speaker 3: Bab he ain't got to do much either.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was two for two, two catches, two touchdown for nineteen yards. He told the little boy, Hey, man, you're too small about it's it's it's one of those things, man. And this is what it's fun about being in receiving when you have a quarterback like that, because this is make this is gonna make this whole. I guess you can say this duo great because when I don't need you to really go out there and and get after the day, I'm let know get I'm gonna let know it get off the day.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you yours though, I'm gonna give you I'm gonna get you two tugs and and look you see, man, Terry hasn't been this animated throughout the sixth.
Speaker 4: This say is he's.
Speaker 3: The most animated guy on the field right now, and that's because he's having fun playing this kid game. And it's all because of what Cliff Kingsbury and Jade Dames is doing. Fun.
Speaker 4: I love it, man.
Speaker 2: I think you know Jaden and him hasn't even scratched the surface on how far this you know? This match, this match made in heaven? Can you know go as far as you know?
Speaker 1: Up is like giving like a real point here in your day.
Speaker 4: Look you, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I think basically he's gonna do a great job and this, you know, clear you out.
Speaker 4: Like he got a new nickname. His name is Terry mcscoring.
Speaker 1: Do the scary Terry thing.
Speaker 4: No listen, no him him in Banks, Him and Banks been had this thing going know for like a year or something that started to cut you off.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about what on earth Banks was thinking on the second touchdown.
Speaker 4: They're in quarters, he's supposed to be outside.
Speaker 1: And I know Terry has a six stem. It's a good stem kind of.
Speaker 3: This. I don't know how this gives you make you do this now.
Speaker 4: He did a good job of stacking him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thought once he stacked him and Terry got him from this shoulder to this shoulder.
Speaker 4: It's all aboudy.
Speaker 2: Thing though, And I'm glad you guys brought that up. If you have outside leverage on me or inside, you could be head up. If I'm running at you. The only way you can think, DIGG, is I do this?
Speaker 4: You come? You go? Yes?
Speaker 3: Not with my inside. He said this, so this should make you think out. He thought it was going to be an out. That's why he came flat.
Speaker 2: Terry kept going, Yeah, it was going to be out and that's why.
Speaker 3: And Terry kept going on the fade and he was baked chicken.
Speaker 5: You know, you got a quarterback that could throw a ball like that ball. Listen, Banks is in no man's laying at that.
Speaker 3: That what I call it a yoyo. Listen, because he did.
Speaker 4: He threw it and he took a little.
Speaker 5: He brought it back like you bring it back and bring it back, you know, yo yo? Like this is what you can always tell a generation, how smart you your toys.
Speaker 4: We was a generation of dumb toys. You know that, right? I just brought you up about your yo yo and a pogo stick, So go jump up and down on that play with yo, like them dumb people toy My kids got touch green, everything's digital.
Speaker 5: And then like tennis it my daughter we actually win, you know, big start, she said Michael Jackson, I like, yeah, she got all of this information because I like, go out there playing that dirt, be a smart young guy.
Speaker 3: Don't bring no run and then you don't come back with non't come in here dirty like Other than that, this what it is.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna pray for Banks because he need to know. This ain't gonna no well, no time soon. He got to see this area.
Speaker 1: So this is something instring. I've had conversations with producer Jason about this. A ton this year. Is Terry a top ten wide receiver?
Speaker 3: There you know he was on going into the game. I've been saying number for going into the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jason, this is he on vacation. It's all about Caroline. Now tell him stop asking Caroline.
Speaker 1: Carolina Hi intern, Carolina not intern anymore?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, Producer, Caroline, it is you should just.
Speaker 6: I haven't been on the program in a while, so maybe he's just throw it out there that Jason.
Speaker 4: Baby, let's congratulation.
Speaker 3: That's to you, Jay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so now we got Caroline.
Speaker 4: No more hater Jason, I say you hater Jason.
Speaker 5: She braves a little bit different energy, but also she has a secret that she.
Speaker 4: Needs to tell people.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get through there atle say all right, we'll get there a little bit. Yeah, the fans, So is he a top ten white out seeing it out of the.
Speaker 4: Top ten water.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that because when you put the numbers up, you can't ask that question.
Speaker 4: He's up there, that's who he is, so you gotta crown him. But I mean, there's certain I understand what you mean.
Speaker 3: You mean from so look.
Speaker 4: Threat wise is what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: When I talk to people who don't know football, they pointed the numbers and say, oh, he's a top ten guy. If you watch a lot of football.
Speaker 3: You say, it's receivers that might know to it.
Speaker 1: So you know what that's scary.
Speaker 3: Doe is all right, So I'm gonna say yes.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say yes, mainly because you can take the yards out the equation, you know when it comes to a threat, because you know how like when you get ready for a game, who you're getting ready for when you play the Commanders.
Speaker 3: If you're a cornerback.
Speaker 2: You get ready for Terry Terry, and what what does Terry do if he does nothing else good? What does he do when the ball in the is his he's coming down with So to me, that's already that's a notch right there. So however you want to crown him wherever you want to put him at, that's the notch right there.
Speaker 3: But then when you add all.
Speaker 2: That and equaling them to the effect of how is he playing?
Speaker 4: You know, I mean how does he does everything?
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing, is how he playing. He's playing with the confidence right now? Yeah, like he beat you over the top. When a can test the cat situation? Can you run every single route?
Speaker 3: I think this is the first year we've been seeing Terry stretch the field.
Speaker 4: Be known Terry for years being fast.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying, Like, it's like I look at like his ability to do that and went down the field and that's scary to me. We haven't seen that a long time.
Speaker 4: It's the resident cornerback in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: It's the guy that labels where I receive was either stoppable unstopping. Let me tell you how the truth some of the dangerous where I received was I ever checked.
Speaker 4: In my life.
Speaker 5: The one thing I used to do is lab before the game when I found out who they quarterback was. Because I don't care how dangerous you are as a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: When I look over there and you got.
Speaker 5: Nate Peterman, you ain't no dangerous in you.
Speaker 4: You are no longer dangerous to me.
Speaker 1: How open you are.
Speaker 5: You are on them, you are at the mercy of the guy to the quarterback. So Tai just told you, if we go here and we playing Jamar Chase, guess whom getting attention? Jamar Chase. So we got a plan for Jamar Chase. The only person that can make that plan beatable is who is the trigger man. And for a long time, and for the long time, Terry had no trigger man to put.
Speaker 4: Up thousand a year. So, yes, he's a top ten.
Speaker 5: Because because it trigger man, his time is now. He didn't he didn't say that years ago. He didn't say I'm good, but he said I'm good with the circumstances that I have. Well not, his circumstances are better. They better than yours. So at the end of the day, he top ten because he gonna get the throws. All right, if you play against elite nighbors and he get eighteen chances to beat you.
Speaker 4: In one game, we're gonna he probably gonna beat you.
Speaker 5: You at the mercy of your quarterback. And that's why I chose defensive back Terry top ten.
Speaker 2: And when you can kill a guy not even getting that many attempts, that going to show you right there, I don't even have to go out there.
Speaker 1: I don't need Tenause what a Terry got two for two to attempts the whole game? Oh yeah, just the reminder, Terry twelve quarterbacks in his career, four consecutive thousand yard seasons and coming into this game, right, yeah, he led the league in single coverage yards, so three hundred ninety two. Anytime you got single, single coverage three nineteenes. He's he's definitely, he has been. He's a good player. But like to Fred's point and the Tannis point, that dude throwing the football for a receiver changes everything.
Speaker 5: Ry changes, everything goes by the new Elias Terry mc schooling, all right, because he's mixedchooing on you.
Speaker 1: If you watch this, yeah, you know you don't have to go with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 5: It's one of the better nick names. I give the best nick names. Do I not get a business?
Speaker 1: Can you give the best nicknames? Because you just call people their name in people start using it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called him my name too.
Speaker 1: People then it's like that's her nickname.
Speaker 5: Well, guess what if I get a Terry mc schooling jeredy, You're gonna have one on the facts. And then if I go to McDonald's with him school I.
Speaker 1: Know, dude, that would be so funny, like if he.
Speaker 4: Got a deal from what I just said, leave.
Speaker 1: It, leave a comment.
Speaker 3: You need some point this terror.
Speaker 1: You need a couple of scoring scoringtring.
Speaker 4: So imagine this commercial. Let me paint it for you.
Speaker 5: Come on, Terry walks the courage, Terry walks.
Speaker 4: Up into a McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he high fives uh the hamburglar, the high five.
Speaker 4: Grimmy, you want to say high fire Ronald Man? Yeah, I was, I was saving Ronald for last Yeah. Give.
Speaker 5: He gives Ronald the bump, and then he asked for a mcflury and they say, any time for you mix scoring.
Speaker 2: They're gonna tell him he gonna ask for them my flurry and they're gonna say, are you taking home?
Speaker 3: Are you taking home of mix scoring? With that?
Speaker 4: All right? That what that terry agent.
Speaker 1: Terry marketing thing? Yeah, but yeah, is mix scoring gonna catch on? Leave a comment let us know that is all right? So offense feel pretty good about it. There a lot of good stuff in this game. And run the football through the football. Jane looks. Great offensive line. We got to talk about them for a second. Great physic.
Speaker 4: Got a nickname for them too. What the nickname is?
Speaker 1: Piglets. You've been saying that all day? So that's it's like baseball, Frankinson early the last two hours.
Speaker 5: The piglets because guess what a pig because they ain't really the hogs yet, but when they exceed the hogs, I'm calling them wild boards right now, right now, no, no, because you know, a domestic pig is basically a round boy. But when once he's domesticated that they don't need the horns to hunt no more.
Speaker 3: But guess what they're playing like some boys.
Speaker 4: But I'm giving it.
Speaker 5: I need to see it before I put you over over the hog.
Speaker 4: So once you the only thing bad.
Speaker 2: They build a hog because they them boys got championships. Yeah, Well of wild boars the wild Boars when we make it to that level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so all good things. The wild Boards played good. Everyone played. So let's talk about the defense real quick. Yeah, and I think I've said this before, that group is for sure playing better. They Let's kind of just review recap their performance in the game. Let's just get high level thoughts. We'll start with Tanner.
Speaker 2: You start with me. I think the run is going to be what it is. Them trying to stop the run is going to be one of it. It's some you know, look, every game that we played a team that was I guess you could say that was good and doing that, they got their way. They had their way, and it took a couple of I guess you could say quarters for them to kind of say, okay, we know what to do now. And you said something yesterday that stood out to me because we was trying to figure out what stopped them from, you know, attacking us with the run, and I thought, hey, maybe they want to be cute and you was like, no, they And I wasn't thinking about that until I watched the film this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Had the ball for so long at times to where they couldn't get out there and play that kind of football, nor think.
Speaker 1: It's twenty one seven. Yeah, you're kind of heading the third quarter, you can, there's not enough time.
Speaker 2: So so with that being said, that's what makes us special.
Speaker 3: We played complimentary football.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 4: We played.
Speaker 2: We play the football that every team wants to play so well because you know what they do well too. They get they turn the ball over, they give theirself a chance even when they're not playing playing well, they do something to disrupt things and give themself a chance to get off the field to rebuild. And the offense go out there and say, holdo, you know what, we got it from here. We'll go down here and score for you guys. So y'all, can you know, reset your minds, get a little rest, rest up a little bit, and come back out here and let's do this again. And that's what I think that it's gonna be one of those processes all year. I think eventually it's gonna it's gonna simmer down. You see games when we played Baltimore, we knew Henry.
Speaker 3: Was gonna be here.
Speaker 2: We knew he was gonna get his yards, but it took a while for him to get going.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You look at this game, it was similar to when we played them the first time. You know, Singletary was the guy that was killing nothing the run game, Ty doing this game.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't put my hand on what it is that causing them. And maybe you can because logan, like I always say, I don't say that just to say it. You break down things differently from whatever. I don't matter what we watch. Yeah, you find a way to show it to me differently, or tell me, give me a reason why.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was just something that we couldn't stop.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it was the guys that we had, or or or or who he was bringing the box.
Speaker 1: What you want?
Speaker 7: You want to want to talk about? I don't want to talk to keep talking.
Speaker 4: I know you want to. He breaks down regularly, he breaks down.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Something you want to talk offensive guys, Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's time for the professor step Let me tell you what's going on with this defense. This defense understands who they are. Yesterday, that game plan was meant to go that way. We can't take away everything on offense. What they wanted to do is make sure the leak Neighbors did not beat us, and they understand my offense is not gonna let you do this study drip with us, like we're eventually going to score on you and you're gonna have to play from behind, changing your game playing instantly.
Speaker 4: And now the game is in the hand of Daniel Jones.
Speaker 5: That so we want the game in the hands of And I know Daniel Jones kind of has its way with us from time to time. I can't let Neighbors do that anymore. So now we're gonna back up and play coverage. We played a lot of two high safety yesterday. The only time we played one high safety is when you've seen Chin coming downhill. Like they understand that was situational football. They only did that on first downs. They only did that on first downs, and they never did that when they got behind the change Because now we're finna play coverage to protect Saint Jukes and the.
Speaker 4: Rest of these guys.
Speaker 5: So guess what, and we going to a game that were like, we fin the leak in the run game this game because we just we got to stop these guys from passing. So to me, it was a calls in a fit game. Now if we get a team like let's say Pittsburgh, I can't let Naja Harris beat me like I think I want to put it on Russell, let him cook to beat me. You're gonna have to cook a five start dinner to beat me, I will say.
Speaker 4: And then that's what I say.
Speaker 5: But then you will have a game where the quarterback ain't, the thread in the running back is and now we're just gonna play couple one all day and put somebody in the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a couple of things I agree one hundred percent. I think, first off, I think the Giants had a really well designed run scheme. I think when Daniel Jones is going to be a runner, like the way you have to account for him, like even if you have it in the box he got of lightens you up because you have to account for that.
Speaker 4: And he's two hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 3: He was he was Josh Josh.
Speaker 4: He was Josh Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've all using him just like Josh Hallen.
Speaker 1: And so the other thing I'd say, too, is to Fred and Tanna's point both is there's an element of being patient with the way Joe Wtt calls games and so on. The I think it's the second drive, second drive the game. Right, Our offense just went three and out there driving down the field on a six play drive, and they're running the ball at will who lost their nerve? First? Because if I'm the Giants, If I'm the Giants, OC what am I doing? I'm just gonna keep run the football. But but Ocs get in, they get impatient and they say we needed to get we need to we need So what do they do. They try to throw a screen and Deontay Fowler punch the ball out And so that's a win because what do we do? We go down and goes on the score the very next player three plays later, right, So there's something to that. There's something too that you saw with Cincinnati to be patient, get to a third down situation, win the third down field goals are winning, turnovers are winning. And so again I think opportunistic is the word I'm gonna use because and again understanding the dynamics of the team too. If your offense is gonna put twenty one in the first half, we can we understand at some point you have to throw the football. So the only thing that's going to really kill us is explosive places, and we can't let that hand. So let's get in our cover tunes.
Speaker 4: Let's get NERD Cup four number.
Speaker 1: Fours and be like, hey, we'll let you get five at a time. Which this is not a tenable thing long term, because for example, they had a six team played driving hold long that lasted nine men minutes and forty five seconds. If I have to come back in a football game and win, that is not the way we're going to do it.
Speaker 5: And guess what we came back and did on our offence. Then we have like a twelve play ten play for that. Guess what that did.
Speaker 4: They allowed the defense to go over there figure out some why they risk reset, so we didn't even want to score that quick. They understand we need to be.
Speaker 5: Methodical right here because we need to let these guys risk. And once they risk, they came back out there and not a GIANTZ went three and now now we take it back down the field.
Speaker 4: Now you can't play your game no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so and again. The other one that comes in to mind is that red zone stop that they had right where they kind of drove length of the field the fourth and one they got a PI or the third and third one, they get the PI that backs them up, have to get a field that's a winning.
Speaker 4: No just winning winning for about us.
Speaker 1: And so again just finding those moments, understanding the composition of the team, it was gonna be hard to stop the run. They did a lot of cool stuff, a lot of his own rigs, a lot of gts.
Speaker 4: They all can coach, he can coach.
Speaker 1: It's good, but they didn't manage. And again this is the other thing I point out to. We have managed end of half, end of game scenarios better than any team in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Peddle to the metal. Like let me tell you why. Teams like you remember New England with Brady, They used to do.
Speaker 4: It all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when a team is already in that gear, when they have to get in that gear, it's sick of nature to these like so if they ever.
Speaker 4: Get in a hurry up things, this is what we do anyway.
Speaker 1: This other one team in the NFL and no huddle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so when they get in no huddle, when they get in two minutes, it's already a part of their identity, Like nothing stops with them.
Speaker 4: And he been layering that weekend.
Speaker 5: We cant like he'll give him one more play, like one more play than you had week four.
Speaker 4: We're gonna add it to this. Hurry up.
Speaker 5: Now he's running that thing with his eyes closed and guess what. Guess who can't sub and guess who can't the D line can't come out the past rush stops.
Speaker 1: You ever watched them a fight like some dudes cardios just better than Yes, that's what it feels like. Remember like, uh, the be Kavina men if remember that guy, he was like a rushan, knocking everybody out and so he would just get you in deep waters, would start mouth breathing, and it was like the fight's over in the first round. And so when you watch this team get in no huddle, you can see the D line now Russian as well.
Speaker 2: You get to coverage that's similar to and I didn't want to cut you up, but I want to say you've been there. We did that when we got into and we got in two minutes, it was like it was second nature. Does like we knew what we was going to do and we knew he was going to move to change, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So again I think the defense is improving each week. Are there things they can get better out of course, but I think in the back end they're playing more consistently, and I think they understand exactly who they are and there is there is there is value.
Speaker 5: I can say is it was a couple of plays against the Giants where they shot Frankie Luvu out of cannon.
Speaker 4: Listen, when this guy decides to come.
Speaker 2: Down too, they was they was making sure that he wasn't the guy that was gonna wreck then.
Speaker 4: Thank you so.
Speaker 5: But when you pay him there a much attention, got it, Come along comes the other guy, Like here comes the other guy.
Speaker 3: We had like four sacks that we didn't get because of you know.
Speaker 4: Just circumstances. But when Frankie Louvu goes down here, he comes.
Speaker 5: Down here with an attitude of destruction and demolish.
Speaker 4: He's a very violent guy. I enjoys valence.
Speaker 5: A right, So at the end of the day, that's what you want. But they know, add him to a pass rush changes the pass rush.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now we've kind of reviewed the Giants game, lots of very positive things coming out, and now we've got maybe maybe the biggest game of the year. I mean, it's the biggest game because and I think if Dan were here, he'd be like the game. This is the next one, this is the biggest one. Let's talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers a little bit. Obviously, Walll coach football team, Wall coach on defense. Offense is kind of figuring it out. High level thoughts. We'll start with Fred. What are your thoughts on the Pittsburgh Steelers?
Speaker 5: They are to me what I call a three layer cake. And if you enjoy desserts, you should know every layer counts.
Speaker 4: And when you got a three layer cake, what makes it so special as the.
Speaker 5: Ingredients, high end ingredients, the right heavy cream, the right flyer, self rising, everything you need. Now, when I look at this this Pittsburg team, I ask myself, where are the stars?
Speaker 4: They got him on all three levels? Hayward and t J.
Speaker 5: Watt when it comes to rushing the pass and stopping the run like Queen and the rest of those backs, with hoighth Smith on the second level, Mika Fitzpatrick's Joey Porter. These are star, high end players. You want to switch it to the offense coming in, starting with the wide outs. You got Pickings, a guy that can beat anybody down the field, love contested ball, and he's scrappy and he loves to get down in the run game and block. Then you got Pat fryerm You people don't talk about a lot. I think he tight end. They got a legit line. I can't say it's the best line in football, but they do play well together.
Speaker 4: They got a quarterback that they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: They got Naja Harris, one of the better backs in the league to me, Three legl cakes. So you gotta have your a game with these guys. But just like we talked about with the Giants, once they get behind, they have to switch their game plan. And if they forced to let Cheff Russ cook, I think we got a chance.
Speaker 4: To tilt everything if they do that.
Speaker 5: But if we let them stay balanced, especially with Danny Smith coaching that special team, I think they gotta I think I don't know who's first and who's second, but I think we are the two top special team teams in the league between Pittsburgh and Washington.
Speaker 4: This is this is most even as it gets, this is gonna be a brawl.
Speaker 3: I mean, the one thing that.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, I had I don't know what I had said, I'm back.
Speaker 1: Washington on line.
Speaker 3: I was like yeahs, I'm like, where the hell does that come from?
Speaker 4: Self rise and all that.
Speaker 3: The taste is the taste. The ingredients are difference. Like some people use putting. They used like you're a baker, You're a baker. Yes, you said all that, but I would say this. I think the one thing that stands out to me about this and Fred hit it on the head.
Speaker 2: I don't have to go through all that because defensively, those guys can get after the ball.
Speaker 3: They opportunitististic, you know.
Speaker 2: You said that best far as getting turned over that thing that's second in the league and that and the thing that stent out to me.
Speaker 3: Though, this is where it's going to be to me.
Speaker 2: I think the deciding fact of how this game unfolds, which rush we're gonna get. I think right now, the games that he has played been great, been great.
Speaker 3: He's done his role, He's done his part.
Speaker 2: This is the game where we're gonna say, Okay, we want to see the old rush. We want to see the one that you know from g We want to see the one that.
Speaker 3: Hold onto this battle a little longer. The second guess in itself. I want to see what we bring to the table with.
Speaker 2: Package wise, because I think when I'm watching, I watched him the past two weeks. They had to buy this last week, so I didn't get a chance to watch it. So I'm gonna go back and watch some of the fam I've already watched, but I watched him seeing things clearly, getting the ball's hand a sap. He's not waiting, so he's pushing the downfield, which they want him to do that.
Speaker 3: And when he's doing that.
Speaker 2: He's getting a chance to throw those fifty fifty balls to your boy pickings down there, because that's what he does well. But it don't look nothing like the old rush. So now I want to see how we do playing Jedi. You say all the time, Jedi mind games with our defense, the coverages, what we see to see if he's going to be because you know, if we do take the runaway, we bring that guy in the box and force him to say, oh.
Speaker 3: I got I got action out on our side.
Speaker 4: Is he going to do what he say?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna cook like he wants to cook?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I don't think so, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be the one that we can allow to take a step back.
Speaker 3: That that's how we beat these guys.
Speaker 2: We beat these guys by making him guess and second guess itself and say I see something, yeah, but oh my bad.
Speaker 3: It's not that. It's not clearly not what I thought. I'm gonna toss it up anywhere, and not what I thought.
Speaker 4: I want to see. Since he's been back, they haven't had to play they have they haven't.
Speaker 5: They've been in the lead every game, every step, every quarter. I want to see Russ a little panicky. I want to see Russ with a little emergency going on.
Speaker 4: I want to see Russ with the crowd going against him.
Speaker 5: You know, sometime when family come to games, we try to we try to give them a present, We try to show out for them.
Speaker 4: We try to do too much instead of just do what we do every week.
Speaker 5: Well, Russ is from VA, and I gotta feel there's gonna be a lot of Wilson's in the house, not just the one from VA. Even the Aarraw Wilson might be it. All I'm saying is one of those games.
Speaker 4: Do you try to do too much? Mister Russ? That just the question I'm asking, do you try too hard?
Speaker 1: I think that's a great point, and so thank you. Just to give some just to give some context here. One of the things that I think is this team is really similar to the Giants with one big exception. Their defense is really really good. They're able to stop teams running the football, and then they have a stable of very dynamic pass rushers.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: You know TJ. Watt, I think he leads the NFL in forced fumbles. Right, He's dynamic off the edge. Right, it's High Smith on the other side. You know, maybe not a fifteen Sat guy, but definitely a twelve Ryan pass rusher. Nick Herbig is their third guy, very dynamic. And we haven't even talked about Cam Hayward. So what I think that I would say is if if you do a good job again with game flow, they're going to be in a bad spot. The thing is is they really lean on their defense to keep them out of the bad game flow. They stopped the run. What do we want to do? We just talked about it on the football right now, we want to power on the football. It's going to be tough this week. Right, They're gonna play a little bit of man coverage on the outside and say we dare you to try and beat our man coverage because we're going to get home.
Speaker 4: With the path. I think we can run about them.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying. If you can run the football like the Giants said. I thought the Giants it's some good stuff with formation kind of getting into three by one and messing up their counts and getting guys to walk out of the box.
Speaker 4: Which Cliff will do the same thing.
Speaker 1: There's an opportunity, but it's it's not gonna if you can get out ahead of this team, They're going to struggle Sugg. But the problem is their defense is so tight. Their defense is so good that you never get in this weird game flow where we got to say give the keys to Russ. So what I would say this week that's probably the most boor thing is ken Cliff push it, score some points and then let's get Russ doing Russ things because right now, the thing that's elevated their offense. The difference between Fields and Russ is that he just pushes the football on the field.
Speaker 5: He pushes the safety out of the box, he makes them push the reverse. But this is how we beat the power football Like this is a Brian Robinson Chris Rodriguez scrap on your scrap.
Speaker 4: Run at t J. Watt Queen.
Speaker 5: As talented as he is, I think he might be two twenty nine.
Speaker 1: To struggle right now.
Speaker 4: I think run right at him.
Speaker 5: You understand, because what we need to do is I need to tire out TJ. White on first and second. The only way I could do that is power run game at him. I'm not running away from him. He's a chaser. He chases people for a living. Let's see you take on this power bob oh. Let's see you take on this off tackle. Let's see you take on Ben Senning in a couple of these tight ends.
Speaker 4: Let's let's see can you.
Speaker 5: Stay at basemotail for a couple of days at the end of the day, I want to run you because when you start dealing with Mika Fitzpatrick, that safety, when you start dealing with Joey Porter and them, they are going to say, we're gonna play tight and right, We're gonna play high on Terry and we're gonna force Noah Brown.
Speaker 4: And he's the guy to beat the guy.
Speaker 5: So I think, let's go bludgeting I'm in the first quarter and come out and run around him. And I mean in the first half and come around and running around him in the second.
Speaker 2: I think ERTs and noise is the key to our success offensively because just what you're talking about, and I was sitting there thinking about it, I'm like, they're not gonna leave you boy on Terry by himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could play tight man and all that.
Speaker 4: Somebody.
Speaker 1: So get this Joey Porter Jr. One on one with bleak neighbors the entire game. They might see him that way, and I think that'd be an interesting matchup because Joey Porter is a big.
Speaker 4: Very long He's long but watched.
Speaker 1: So the thing is the thing i'd say, is because the pass rush is so good. Yea, all the times you just need a little disruption.
Speaker 3: That's all you need. And they're gonna women saying that for years.
Speaker 1: And Cliffs done a great job of kind of coming up, coming up with protection plans, and I can't wait to see that. But I got I want to ask Caroline. So we know a lot about Pittsburgh. But Caroline, you've been a fan since before you were born. Probably is what take here? Do you think is the most spot on here, most spot on take?
Speaker 6: Yes, I think Russ opens up everything. I think it's obvious as a Steelers fan watching Steelers religiously for at least the last seven years since post Big Ben Tommy Johns, we have not pushed the ball down the field whatsoever. Najee Harris is.
Speaker 4: Having the best three games.
Speaker 6: The best three games of his career, point blank and man included, because we're actually throwing the ball down the field and things are opening up and we're actually playing balanced football. The Arthur Smith offense does not work without having a balanced run in pass offense.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't.
Speaker 6: So Nause is just eating off the fact that we're actually throwing the ball down the field and they're not just spying Nause and he's not losing yards like It's just been a difficult.
Speaker 3: Few years to see him.
Speaker 6: To see him get going has been the most exciting thing because he's.
Speaker 4: Had that in him.
Speaker 6: We just haven't had a successful offensive coordinator the scheme of games like this. But Russ for sure just he's been cooking, at least for the de ball throws they're trying to mark at that moon ball. I never heard of that until he's been a silly.
Speaker 4: He hasn't even really been in his bag.
Speaker 3: He's cooking but he's doing he's basically for.
Speaker 5: Myself, but he also cooking it. Yeah, I don't remember on the stove. I'm gonna tell you where he is cooking it. It's this old restaurant that used to be in the South called Po Folks. I don't know if y'all hold of it, But he and Folks cooking right now because he understands haven't done much.
Speaker 3: You know, he's just doing his job.
Speaker 4: He's doing the normal at a very high left.
Speaker 2: But you know, we say Russ cooking. Russ is out there willing and dealing, changing game, doing it. But right now he just sticking to the structure in.
Speaker 4: The structure of it. And we got a chance to take him out of this cook sure.
Speaker 5: The one thing she did say is Arthur Smith, author used to coach here when I played here, as I watched Arthur grow in his play college after Arthur is a runner at heart. Arthur is going to try to force them offensively to be defensively. They're gonna try to keep Jayden on the bench. The way you keep jan on the bench is ten, play, twelve, play, fourteen, play drives with running the ball. That while I say, take Nag out the game and force rush to cook. And I think that's our best chance right there, because then we tested Arthur Smith too.
Speaker 2: But you know, one of the things like, regardless of how our defense has played against the run, and they just find a way to beat this, they find a way. Like that's one of the things I love about, you know, this whole dan Quinn Joe Witt junior experience when it comes to the defense, because that's what we saw for the last four years in Dallas. That's what we saw when they was when when dan Quinn was That's what we saw when he was over there.
Speaker 3: And see like this defense.
Speaker 2: Has traveled everywhere he's went and it's been the same type of you know, turnout. No matter how where they susceptible at, he still finds the way to get after that football finds a way to put you in a situation to make you panic, make you second guess yourself, and we find a way to make one of those plays that's going to change the ball game. So that's why I want to see. I want to see us make Russey.
Speaker 4: It's time for me to will to deal.
Speaker 3: It's time for me to get out here. And they don't want them to do that.
Speaker 4: They don't. They want to scrub.
Speaker 3: This is the game, This is the game.
Speaker 4: But you're just black out. Yeah, one of your moments. A lot of a lot of blocking out.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the final segment of the show, fan favorite Everybody Loves Us. It's hell yeah or hell no?
Speaker 4: No? No? Did they ever? Did they have a name? The Hell Mary? Is it called the Raise? Hell Man?
Speaker 1: I heard someone nationally said hell Noah. I heard NASA, and I was like, don't do it. I don't give what I was going to tell you about him, but I heard that.
Speaker 5: But you know what, as much as I heard that hell Noah, I think the Raise Hell Mary, it'sse That's how Monica raised hell So raise hel Mary?
Speaker 1: Like the Miracle in Maryland? Like that.
Speaker 4: Don't say the dm V it that's fair point v.
Speaker 3: I like, I care less.
Speaker 4: I just named it right afterward. You see what I'm saying with American in Maryland. That could have been anything.
Speaker 5: That could have been miracle will Yeah, that could have been my uncle Tommy catching crabs Maryland.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, it ain't good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well shut down my idea. Here we goes. So, so first one, Russell Wilson cooks three hundred plus yards zero interceptions to t ds.
Speaker 5: Hell no, no, no, because if he do that, they didn't want this wrap. I say the ark row, Hell no, the field house, the fair house rocket.
Speaker 4: We ain't lost it. We ain't lost it yet. So I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: Russell goes for one ninety two turnovers because he's trying too hard.
Speaker 4: A fumble in the interception, fumble and interception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the one thing he does when get outside of somewhere, he holds the ball very low and Frankie Louc likes the tattoo people like. So at the end of the day, I do see him being separated from a ball, and I do see him trying to cook his rust and overthrowing the ball. So maybe maybe I see monogamy interception.
Speaker 3: I see interceptions in our future.
Speaker 4: Thank Leo, now call me now.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. Got control. Yeah, So I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say, hell no, it just seems like way too many yards passing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna run.
Speaker 1: They're gonna run the ball. We're gonna run the ball. There's gonna be a short game, limited possessions, Like it's not now.
Speaker 4: We get up early.
Speaker 5: Maybe he could throw for three hundred trying to throw themselves back into into.
Speaker 3: The game, but we're sticky back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so he hasn't. I mean, he's done it right the past two weeks he had two hundred sixty four versus the Jets and two eighty nine versus the Giants. But the Giants aren't good, so we're better than them.
Speaker 4: Okay in New York, huh, they beat everybody in.
Speaker 1: But the good thing we're in the DMV, all right, so second one another thirty plus carries for the Commanders.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think, I think, I think?
Speaker 2: What something that's about the recipe of us going thirty or more? We have wins behind it, So that's a to me, that's the recipe of us having a chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: Is us being able to put that ball in somebody belling and blood and blooding. People like y'all just don't know. It's a defensive player.
Speaker 4: How that wears on us? Think about it.
Speaker 5: If you run at me as a corner, you run like five toss sweeps at me.
Speaker 4: By the time I got a.
Speaker 3: Chick tanner, I'm huffing in puss and you got to think about it too, man. I know we talk about t J.
Speaker 2: Watt and those boys and how you know verocious they are when it comes to running up the field. Just think about how many times they gonna want to be tattooing your boy j D five and not knowing if he's going to be pulling that ball. This is one of those games where we finished be able to really check them and see how discipline is you. Do you want the sack or do you want to make sure to make sure you stop this play.
Speaker 4: Where your eyes it?
Speaker 2: And and I can see our running back getting a lot of big, big gashes just knowing that they want to make sure that you know, Jad don't have that ball, and them sitting out their second guess and thinking, hey, let's make sure we stop here.
Speaker 5: Guess what they ain't been doing? Tell them because of this past Russ getting home. All the time, these DB's are used to checking one route. They are usually checking their first phase of a route. Well, I receivers get to run the second phase of a route and the third phase of a route. So as good as poor of us jamming, they ain't gonna save your Keysta this week. Because my quarterback can get outside the pocket. And now my comeback just turned to a comeback and go.
Speaker 3: This is the perfect week.
Speaker 2: So if you watch the last since the kid been here, since Nord Brown been here, every time he goes out for a deep balls, he's getting a pass inference. They So if you want to press this week and you're gonna give us a single high, you know that boy can read with the best them play games with that safety, get them off and throw the This is gonna be the week when they gonna give us. They're gonna give it because they're not gonna be They're not gonna be ready. I can't say they're not gonna be ready, because these guys.
Speaker 4: Get paid for it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be But I do believe that Jayden has something that a lot of these quarterbacks that they face up to this point didn't have.
Speaker 4: And he has a threat. He's a threat three different ways. He can.
Speaker 2: He can, he can take it and running, he can, he can, he can throw somebody open and the end of the day, he can find the way to get that ball to the right guy when break at the most convenient time, and and see when those guys get a p I two.
Speaker 8: So yeah, So so hell yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So I'm gonna say hell to the WM the hell I'm the hell yes, But I'm gonna say that's the reason is is Jayden's gonna be excellent on third down.
Speaker 1: That's why I think that. I think when you like to me, carries to me are a bad statistic for like rushing efficiency, because really a third down efficiency means you're more efficient running the football, right, because you get more.
Speaker 4: Off because you're getting it on first, you get more places. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So I think that that's what i'd say is if Jayden's good on third down, we will have thirty plus carry. And if you're thirty plus claries, you're probably gonna win the game. All right, Okay, let's go. The lead swaps three or more times during the game, Washington is six and oh when leading at the half.
Speaker 3: Hell no, I think some more times.
Speaker 1: No, No, okay, three or more times and we're six and oh the commanders when leading at the half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say it's switches early in the first I think it goes back and forth, all right, and I think after that we do what we've been doing, and it's make people play from behind.
Speaker 1: I say, hell, no, that's hell not yeah, So yeah, want you want one lead change?
Speaker 4: Basically I'm going too leads.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so it could be three.
Speaker 1: So what do you say?
Speaker 3: I say, hell yeah, hell yeah, could be three.
Speaker 2: If you're going total toe with them and they halftime, we just say all right, it's a ton of time.
Speaker 5: And if you tell them it's a heavyweight fight, both both both fighters gonna get punched in.
Speaker 4: I go here, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be a really close game. I think this is the best defense we've played.
Speaker 4: This year, and especially you think they're better than than the Ravens.
Speaker 1: Better than this is where I think the Ravens get helped out because the Ravens offense is so much better.
Speaker 4: It really like listening them play with a different type age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: These guys over here is playing.
Speaker 1: They're a defensive driven to and we have not heavy.
Speaker 2: About because I just knew, like when you watch that first that first series or two from the Ravens game, they had some funky looks out there.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be yeah, but they ain't got the past rushes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you that Pittsburgh game put your mouth beast in this week no pacify you.
Speaker 4: This is a passify your game right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that's gonna do it. For today's show really went quick, went by so quick. Please make sure you like him, subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and if you want to see us on YouTube, make sure you check us out there. But that's it you next time,