Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong. Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're off all week long. We give a lot of thanks, we eat a lots, we watch a lot of football. We'll come back refreshed, But I hope you enjoy this stuff. It's gonna be really good, some delicious leftovers if you will.
Speaker 4: The flavors have made friends overnight in the French Plus drop by Armstrong at getty dot com, download podcasts, or grab an ang T shirt.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, an argument seems to be one in the world of politics or loss, depending on which out of it you were on. Not a lot most elections. We seem to just go back and forth between an R or D and we keep having the same arguments. But every once in a while an argument is one or lost. One of the best examples in my lifetime being gay marriage. So thoroughly drubbed by the idea of gay marriage, Republicans just ceased fighting it at all when it became clear that the country had decided that that's what they want, and so that then that argument was over and it just doesn't exist anymore. And I'm hoping that maybe that has happened, or we're close to it happening with the whole identity politics thing that took off in the mid nineties and has been running this country for a long time. And maybe maybe because there's a lot of people on the left saying this is not working for us, starting with well, not starting with a whole bunch of different people have said it, well, this isn't it. James Carvel's he ran Clinton's campaign, really pre identity politics taking hold of the Democratic Party way back in the early nineties. But this is what James Carvel has to say about the current state.
Speaker 5: Of things with reference to exotic positions. Was our identity politics? If you read the article in your Times, I said, I give Harris credit, she does not bring this up. But this stuff is like smoke on your clothes of a fireplace.
Speaker 3: You can't wash it off.
Speaker 5: And those ideas, well, it's true, they never said it. You know how many millions of dollars that the Republicans ran on anti identity politics positions that people had taken in a Democratic party in twenty nineteen. In twenty twenty toancy is a lot because you see it politics the other side gets to play, and you've got to understand that it's going to take another four years before we wash the stench of this off of our.
Speaker 3: Clothes, at least, so identity to politics being your politics are all about your immutable things, like your skin color, whether you man or woman, what you know, your hispani or white or black or all those kind of things are identity politics your politics.
Speaker 4: But your place in the world. Are you a good person or a bad person? Can you work here or not? That's all about your immutable characteristics.
Speaker 3: Sam Harris, who is a lefty, super smart guy, best known, I guess for being announce spoken atheist. But anyway, he wrote in sub stack yesterday, I think there are some lessons that the Democrats really must absorb for what is undeniably a total political defeat. They simply must recognize that several planks of their platform are thoroughly rotten. Identity politics is over. No one wants it. Latinos and Blacks don't even want it, as witnessed by the fact that they moved to Trump and record numbers. Trump got a majority of Latino men nationwide, and some kind He's got a majority of Latino men and women, even with all that he has said about immigrants from Latin America over the years, things like they're poisoning the blood of our people. A comedian called Puerto Rico a pilot garbage at a Trump rally, and the entire Democratic machine, all of the liberal media seized upon it as though a nuclear It just vaporized in an American city, and nobody cared.
Speaker 4: Because its practically the closing argument of the campaign, right that that will be looked back on them as a mistake. The numbers Puerto Rican voters moved strongly toward Trump in a number of different strongholds in Florida.
Speaker 3: Because the point is, and then I'll get back to this Sam Harris thing is they cared more about what my rent is, what my wages are, how good my school is for my kid, rather than comments about my skin color, race.
Speaker 4: Gender, whatever, what particular Caribbean island i'm from.
Speaker 3: Right, there's one species of identity politics that had an enormous effect on this election, and most Democrats don't seem to realize it. Around half a percent of American adults identify as transgender or non binary. That's one in two hundred people, and yet the activism around the identity has drained our politics for as long as Trump has been in politics. One lesson that I would be quick to draw from this election is that Americans aren't really fond of seeing biological men punch women in the face of the Olympics. And if that sounds like transphobia to you, you're the problem. Political equality, which should we should want for everyone, does not mean that trans women are women. When Sam Harris is writing that, I gotta believe that that issue is done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta believe there are people like Sam and the many many others who are coming out of the woodwork Bill Maher among others that have been on the left and have hesitated at least somewhat to criticize the excesses of their ideological brothers and sisters. But they've been chafing because they know how insane it is, you know. To get back to Carville's point real quickly, he talked about the Democrats didn't really run on identity politics exactly.
Speaker 3: They kind of soft pedaled it. I would suggest.
Speaker 4: That the Republicans weren't running against what the Democrats were running on. The Republicans were running against what the Democrats have done.
Speaker 3: What people see in.
Speaker 4: Their elementary schools and their kids' sports, and the college campuses, and the insanity and they or whatever in.
Speaker 3: Your workplace, in the training you have to take every year, oh my god, the humiliating DEI training.
Speaker 4: Folks, trust me when I say, with some exceptions, the momentum is on your side.
Speaker 3: Don't consent to that, because it's still.
Speaker 4: Going on in some corporations, government offices where you have to sit there and listen to somebody who's getting five thousand dollars an hour tell you all white people are evil, get up and walk out of that s anyway, And just.
Speaker 3: I've been wanting to get to this.
Speaker 4: I came across an article and it was in the Wall Street Journal, which, granted, if you're employing lots and lots of journalists, you have lots and lots of lefties. It's just inevitable, even if you're the Wall Street Journal. And it's and it's an article about you know, transgender and politics and quote unquote transgender rights, which means a guy can play in women's sports, or a male rapist can go into a women's prison and rape some more women and that's portrayed as transgender rights. That's a prejudicial term. Nobody has a right to do that.
Speaker 3: Sam Marris said Americans aren't fond of seeing biological men punch women in the face at the Olympics, either spike volleyballs into their face or what have you, or win eight hundred and fifty and counting different medals and awards, and the college championships, at high school championships and the rest of it. It's I tell you what, folks, it is, for better or worse, an unbelievable example of how a very small but vicious group of people can twist society in ways that you wouldn't think were possible. Well As listening to the National Review podcasts the other day, they're making the point that the same crowd that managed to turn the tide on gay marriage took a hold of this and thought they could do it again. I mean, because gay marriage was incredibly unpopular not that long ago. I always point out that in a two thousand and eight election, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party running against each other, both stated marriage should be between a man and a woman. That's not that long ago. In the Democratic Party, the great Barack Obama was against gay marriage, but the tide turned by pushing because there was it. You know, it was the right side of history. I mean it turned out, I think we all agree now on all but most people agree that makes sense. And they thought they could do the same thing with the trans thing. No you can't, This is nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it professional like you know, anything goes sexually. Activists were part of it, but also the postmodern neo Marxist movement excuse me, got ahead of it or got a hold of it and decided that they could use that energy to overthrow Western civilization in the same way that you know, Black Lives Matter is trying to and the rest of it.
Speaker 3: So that, yeah, they tried to seize that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of that sort of mission creep in nonprofits like the NAACP. They've won all their victories, I mean, what else do you want. The Southern Poverty Law Center, they want all their victories. But they got a staff and they got lots of people making lots of money, so they kind of morphed into the yeah, we're uh anti hate and then then we raised.
Speaker 3: Tons of money.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're gonna identify like half of America as a hate group no matter what they stand for. And so they just what are they now? They're a weird mutated beast to what they used to be. And the quote unquote gay rights movement, which used to be LGB lesbians, gays, bisexual people, which is a very small number of people. But anyway, you know, I ought to be able to do what I want to do and marry who I want to marry. Okay, great, And then they added the T and oh oh, And that was the point I wanted to get to in the Wall Street Journal article, is they used quotes around certain phrases that I believed in and I wish I had in front of me.
Speaker 3: I'll find it.
Speaker 4: But they didn't use quotes around transgender, including talking about transgender kids. And I wish I could remember what perfectly reasonable thing they used quotes around. But we now accept that there is such a thing as a twelve year old girl being quote unquote transgender.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Is there an agreed upon meaning of that, or is that an activist's effort to prejudice the argument, and therefore Wall Street Journal ought to be in quotes. There's no agreed upon meaning of that term at all. I'll find that so I can make the contrast all the more clear for you. But the war for the language tell you what. We got to fight it every single day and be aware of when we are duped into using their terminology.
Speaker 3: Here's something we can all agree on.
Speaker 4: Warrior Foundation Freedom Station supporting our troops. Are warriors who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, many of them injured, suffering PTSD, traumatic brain injury, that sort of thing. We've been working with Warrior Foundation Freedom Station for years and they are celebrating their twenty year anniversary supporting our warriors, and we're helping them raise.
Speaker 3: Money yep, and flying them home for the holidays. We've done this many years in a row. We urge you to donate. Tomorrow is the day to help fly ill and injured Marine soldiers and sailors home for the holidays. Everyone deserves to spend the holidays with their loved ones, especially the men and women who have so bravely sacrificed for our country. It takes some money to get people on a plane and fly them there though, that's what we're asking for.
Speaker 4: We've seen firsthand the huge impact Warrior Foundation is made in the lives of our warriors. They are continually unbelievably efficient with your donated dollars, but they depend on your continued support. So make a donation this week Warrior Foundation dot org. That's Warrior Foundation dot org. Let's send our warriors home for the holidays. Warrior Foundation dot org.
Speaker 3: I just saw up on the Business Channel twenty three and me is laying off a bunch of people. Not enough people spitting in tubes anymore. Got everybody that wants to spit in the tube, or what turns out?
Speaker 4: Once you're spit in the tube, you're The fund's kind of gone out of it because so they have like no repeat business. How would you, oh right, exactly, you get me as a client one time. I've done it once. It's not a yeah, you're right right? I wonder am I still a white fella? I better spit in the tube again? No, nobody said that was.
Speaker 3: My great great grandmother. Still kind of really not that interesting. Just a person's one hundred years ago, sixteen generations ago, there was a Spaniard in the family. I'll be damn yeah, oh here it is. That's right.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The article was how Trump is gearing up for assault on wokeness with the education overhaul, which I do want to talk about, but it uses it continually puts quotes around the term woke, but then transgender, including talking about little.
Speaker 3: Kids, is not in quotes. Why is that? Wall Street Journal strikes me as odd? Why is a word smith? Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty showaio podcasts and Our Hot Lakes.
Speaker 3: So RFK Junior is quite the controversial figure. I mean I knew that going in, but taking in a bunch of social media over the weekend, there are a whole bunch of you who are really, really, really into the idea of RFK Junior taking over the health of America, like it's seems to be among your more important priorities. Now I do agree with. I tweeted this out over the weekend from the Babylon b and the pushback to RFK Jr fattest sickest country on Earth, concerned new health secretary might do something different. There's a certain amount of truth to that with just anytime you try anytime there's a giant problem and somebody comes along that's going to interrupt what you have been doing. There's always so much pushback, and we use the example of illegal immigration or the tax code or the way we eat. We got every person I know who's got a kid with autism or ADHD or anxiety medications they gotta take, and we like, we just accept that is okay. I guess times change. I guess every family needs to have a kid who needs to be on drugs. What Yeah, yeah, I agree completely.
Speaker 4: The question, you know, is, is this guy the right shaker upper right, there's the nutjob.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like the tax code. Oh, we better not change anything.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, But you mean there's no human being ever would think this is a good system. You're completely resistant to changing it.
Speaker 3: To explain, please, Yeah, I recognize my logical fallacy that because we're unlikely to change these complicated things, it doesn't mean the first person with any idea to come along automatically should be uh considered the answer. But before we get to some good stuff about RFK Junior from the Washington Post, here's him talking about vaccines over the year, keeping over the years, keeping in mind that last week every time a microphone was in his face, he said, no, I'm not anti vax.
Speaker 6: Is targeted to attack Caucasians and.
Speaker 3: A black people.
Speaker 6: The people who are most men are asconagages and Chinese.
Speaker 3: Can you name any vaccines that you think are good.
Speaker 6: I think some of the live iris vaccines are probably of earning more problems than their causing. There's no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective. I do believe that autism does come from vaccines. A mountain of scientific study links autism too early vaccination with certain vaccines, so.
Speaker 3: No vaccine is safe and effective. He believes vaccines cause autism. It's interesting that a lot of the pushback from the left on that, given the fact that my entire like radio career, it's been the parents of Marin County, the super lefties who have been saying autism is caused by vaccines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like a direct correlation between that belief and Master's degrees are higher in any given zip code. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now it's a right wing crazy thing as opposed to it was a left wing crazy thing. But anyway, he also wants to get the fluoride out of the water, which I heard I still hear heard yesterday people saying that's nuts. One of the most successful health programs in world history. Well, they're a person who writes about this sort of stuff for the Washington Post is RFK Junior's views on flooride aren't as crazy as you might think, and lists all of the pushback there has been over the years. We've been doing this since nineteen sixty two, by the way, putting fluoride in the water, and most states have been on board for decades and decades. But there's a whole bunch of countries around the world, like real countries, that have decided now, this is not good. It can cause all kinds of problems. So I just want to point out that on this particular topic, it's not nuts that he's going around saying that. Yeah, I know, my own personal level of belief and health authorities was seriously damaged by observing everything that happened during COVID became clear that they listen. If we say there are downsides to this, people won't do it. So let's pretend there are no downsides. Saw it running rampant.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean you have to reject everything all the time in a knee jerk way. But yeah, they are willing to trade off good for bad in their perception and then downplay the bad, sometimes at the point of utter dishonesty.
Speaker 3: Well, how about the food pyramid throughout my lifetime and the lies around that?
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the recent electoral results in which the Democratic Party took a hell of a drubbing, in particular the more progressive side of it, and anybody who was advocating the wildest of the woke policies really took it on the chin.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 4: It seems like an odd moment for perhaps the most progressive of America's governors to decide this is my moment, But Gavin Newsom of California did just that with a maneuver or two, which we will discuss with our guest, Katie Grimes, the editor in chief of the California Globe who has been covering the California State Capitol for ages and Ages.
Speaker 3: Katie, Welcome, How are.
Speaker 7: You, Good morning, Joe, Good morning, Jack. I'm well, I'm especially well after the election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd imagine, so.
Speaker 4: I love the headline your recent piece Gavin Newsom is attempting to play on a stage well above his pay grade. Would you agree it seems like an odd moment for the woke Gavin to decide.
Speaker 3: This is my time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he needs to learn to read the room, because he's about as popular as Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: I understand the wanting to be the first in as the leader of the resistance for the you know, the nomination of a Democratic candidate for twenty twenty eight. He wants to me the first name out there. But this whole fighting on a couple of areas that seem to be thoroughly beaten, at least in this most recent relection. What's he thinking?
Speaker 7: You know, you ask a really good question, because I don't have an answer for that. I don't think the way he does, thankfully, because he's just a full blown narcissist. And I think part of the problem is a he has no interest in governing, and he has no clue in governing, So his natural inclination is to pivot to something that's going to get him some media headlines. And so, you know, claiming to fight Trump is going to certainly provide him some headlines on our lifting media.
Speaker 4: So you've made your career covering California and California politics. For folks listening around the country, what has the trend been in CALIFORNI And you can pick whatever item you want, but I'm struck by the illustration and your piece in the California Globe of the presidential results by county from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four, for instance.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, isn't that There's nothing like a good visual. So it looks like in this election, Republicans slipped at least eight states that we know of right now, and that's only with seventy two percent of the votes counted county. Some are saying it might yes, it might be as many as ten counties flipping to the Red. And so that's why that visual is so lovely. My point in this is even Californians are set up with these ridiculous, horrible, damaging policies that frankly, they're harming people in California, whether it's the increase in crime or you know, withholding water to our agriculture, or I mean you just the lousy schools. Even lefties are tired of this because lefties, well they might vote very left in California. They live like Republicans. They're tight with a buck, they want their kids to go to good schools. They do care about the roads in which their rims are getting bent on. There's all kinds of things. Of course, the crime just is in everybody's face.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I mentioned that my car's in the shop for a week because I cracked my wheel on a pothole because of our crappy, crappy roads, oh so ripped from real life. So it is interesting to see that there is a limit to how long people will put up with the same party despite the results.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think what we're talking about are same people, maybe people who don't pay a lot of attention to politics day in and day out the way we do, but they know what's happening right outside their front door. And you know, in this case, it's a lot of crime. It's really lousy maintenance in their cities and counties, you know everything. Just in California. We're starting to look like a third world country in many places. And this is supposed to be, you know, the Golden State.
Speaker 4: And Gavin's contention is that, and he's utterly a con man. His contention is that we have all these challenges and we're dealing with them courageously and creatively, as if these challenges came out of nowhere, is if they fell like rain and all of a sudden you got to you know, a million bums and junkies on the streets, as if they're not a result of the very policies that he's a spoused. But I mean, he took a hell of u spanking recently and the voters overwhelmingly approving Proposition thirty six, which overturned the disastrous Proposition forty seven.
Speaker 3: You'd think he'd wake up and smell the discontent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he has no ability to do that, and I think that that shows his unbridled narcissism. All he can see that tunnel vision and he's focused on national politics next. That's where his career was supposed to take him. So, by golly, you know, he's going to shove Josh Shapiro out of the way as fast.
Speaker 3: As he can, right. Yeah, he wants to jump ahead of Josh Piro and a number of other people out there. Kamala Harris, well, does Kamala Harris have any future or is she just done?
Speaker 7: That's hilarious. I just published an article this morning and I titled it, are you kidding? Berkeley poll reports California voters want Kamala for governor. No, this is an absolute last guest attempt by Berkeley and the Los Angeles Times to try to see if her fledgling political career could be saved.
Speaker 4: I just that's that's that's that hit me like a flow. I gotta take me real quick. Are you skilled in the arts of karate or what?
Speaker 3: That's shut out of me? Yeah? I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 4: So, once again, for people who are listening around the country who may not be familiar, can you give us the nickel version of Gavin Newsom's energy policies? And and and just and as Katie talked, perhaps folks, you can imagine this being implemented nationwide.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Actually, what Gavin Newsom is doing is imposing unbelievable regulations on our oil and gas industry. We're not fracking for natural gas in California, even though we sit on top of the world's largest gas reserves. So he's trying to restrict all this. He's forcing oil and gas companies to withhold hold back some of their oil and gas and it's going to lead to even higher gas prices. His California Air Sources Board, that's the regulatory agency for our global warming policies, just passed amount to at least the sixty five cent additional tax on top of our highest gas prices in the entire country. So what he's doing is creating shortages of everything, including water deliveries. I mean, it's hard to make this stuff up. It's almost like the un is running Gavin Newsom and California because nobody in this state wants to live like this, and yet these morons are still voting for this.
Speaker 3: So is there any chance that he's not actually angling to be the nominee in twenty twenty eight, that he's trying to get some other really lucrative gig, like an Al Gore type lifestyle or something. I mean, is it just a money grab that I don't quite understand yet.
Speaker 7: It's it's about power and money. I wrote right before the election and article about how the only thing he really has left to focus on is his climate change chops, and so he's trying to pivot to become the next al Gore on the net.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of money in that there's a lot of freaking money at that, and you don't have the scrutiny of politics exactly, and.
Speaker 7: You don't have to you don't have to produce anything. There's no results necessary. You will go around and blather on about climate change this and that and carbon emissions, and for some reason, the media buy a book line and sinker oh boy.
Speaker 4: Katie Grimes is the editor in chief of the California Globe. Katie I picture Gavin announcing officially for president the presidency. Within a couple of years, we will organize a march of all forty million Californians from California to DC, Kansas. You're gonna need to stuck up on avocado toast, but we will march to DC.
Speaker 3: And declare America. Please don't do this to yourselves, Please don't.
Speaker 4: We've linked Katie's a couple of recent pieces up top at the hot links at armstrong in giddy dot com if you want to take a read. Katie, great to talk to you is always keep fighting the good fight.
Speaker 7: Thanks. Great to be with you.
Speaker 3: Guys, always fun. Thanks. Yeah, just you know. I don't want to embarrass Katie or.
Speaker 4: Anything, but she is a fairly mainstream to left leaning journalist who just prized old school journalism telling the truth. And she has gone from you know, absolutely you know, tolerant and sympathetic toward kind of the center left to being aghast at what she's seeing in her home state, as so many are.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think this is my current working theory that he's not actually angling to be the twenty eight nominee, that he's trying to raise his Q factor, his name and everything like that, just in progressive circles and become something that makes him a lot of money for a long time Al Gore style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's calculating enough that I still say he is absolutely, fully turgid aroused for the idea of the White House.
Speaker 3: I always saying that, I think you are enjoying the imagery. Is what's going on.
Speaker 4: Shakespeare Head sexy stuff in his place too, and he's worshiped so anyway, But you do make an interesting point. He's calculating enough that that's his main goal, but he's positioning himself in such a way that other goals are pursued at the same time. Yeah, he's really, in a word, evil, an evil human being.
Speaker 3: So doge coin different than bitcoin? But also a cryptocurrency has now as of today, jumped twenty percent since Trump announced Elon and the DOGE Group or whatever they're going to call it, DOGE the Department of Efficiency. So because it's named the same as their cryptocurrency, they're people invested in the cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Well, the general friendliness toward cryptocurrency, plus the branding wise, that helps. God, I got to figure out the timing on this. Like yesterday, I thought it too late. If I'd had invested in bitcoin yesterday, I'd be significantly wealthier today.
Speaker 5: Damn it.
Speaker 4: Where do you keep your bitcoins under your bed or something like that. I tell you what, whatever you have that's worth protecting. Our friends and sponsors that simply say, if home security, you're there to help you do it. The home security system we trust in so many thousands of others too. They'll offer you a big discount now with a new system. We'll tell you about that in a minute.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm looking up at Biden and Trump together in the Oval Office. We'll have some highlights from that coming up for you in a little bit. Oh my god, I can't imagine what theyre's saying. Simply say to active guard Outdoor protection is what I love. Changes the game, preventing crime before it happens, with the agents being able to see in real time anybody looking at breaking into your house and can I actually talk to them directly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's lurking around or acting suspiciously, like if Biden tries to get back in the Oval Office office, for instance, wanders off, the agents can set off your spotlights, tell them to get the hell out, called the cops before the breaking before it happens. No long term contracts, no cancelation fees. Is around a dollar a day for all this protection. Again, you get a nice discount. Use the code armstrong when you go to simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. Once again, that's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. It's about a bucket day. Did we mention that, no long term contracts, no cancelation fees. They don't work like that simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 3: So to paint the picture for you, it's Trump and Biden, all smiles in blue suits and red ties, sitting there in front of a roaring fireplace there in the Oval Office, and Biden's good at that whole backslapping were pals thing he's been doing for since before most of us were born. And this is the only thing he's good. Yeah, it's really his only uh. And and Trump, of course is joining the fact that he has uh defeated that side thoroughly, first time they've been together since the debate that ended Biden's career. Oh my god, Trump probably never been as happy as life. Then, sitting next to this guy that he's so thoroughly.
Speaker 4: Trounced having, slaps Biden on the back and says, remind Hunter to pay his taxes.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: See around the Armstrong and Getty Show. Yeah, or John your Joe podcasts and our Hot Lakes.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Katie, You're gonna have to explain to us what the hell this is we're hearing here.
Speaker 8: So apparently there's this internet trend going on, an internet trend.
Speaker 3: You say it's an internet trend.
Speaker 8: And apparently if you exhale all the way, get all the air completely out of your lungs, and then you try to scream, you make some form of a noise like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotcha. The exhale and scream challenge. I'll do that with my kids today for fun. Take a video, let us know it goes. I'll do it with one of my kids. My high school kid is no longer interested in anything whimsical. He is just gloom. Teenager. What the official uniform of teenager? Though?
Speaker 8: The whole reason I discuss I wanted to see if Michaelangelo could do it.
Speaker 3: Michael do that for us on Mike. Exhale completely, then try to scream. Okay, here we go, here we go. So you took you in, healed? You didn't. You didn't exhale enough either. It completely exhamed. Okay, no, you healed again? He can't in here.
Speaker 2: He blew out.
Speaker 3: Then you took a breath. Okay, let me blow. I'm gonna just do nothing but blow. Don't take a breath in you took it. You I am never mind never I don't understand. I'm growing out. That's the why I excel you do not take a breath. You are taking the fact that you're not following these instructions is I'm just gonna blow out, right, Okay, Katie, we gotta go. No, We're not gonna go through this again.
Speaker 4: Michael, Michael, you blow out, you go and then you go and then you scream.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to. That's leave out to last. Try Okay, so just blow and scream, but but don't okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 4: All right, everywhere, so earlier, earlier, it's all right, Katie for the podcast.
Speaker 3: You need to do it because I want to hear you try to do it. Okay, podcast, Okay.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The the only thing I took away from that is how incredibly infectious laughter is listening to those numbskulls try to do the numbskullish challenge of the day.
Speaker 3: Right, But they're all laughing, so you just can't help. But you know, giggle. Here is a professor at the University of Kansas, where I spent a year in grad school. Poorly. I don't know what class he's teaching here, but somebody got out their cell phone. He's doing this in the little lecture room in front of a bunch of students. I can't believe it, but here you go. That's what frustrates me.
Speaker 9: There are going to be some males in our society that will refuse to vote for a potential female president because they don't think females are smart enough to be president. We can line all those guys up and shoot them, and they clearly don't understand the way the world works.
Speaker 3: Did I say that?
Speaker 9: It scratch that from the recording. I don't want the Deans hearing that I said that.
Speaker 3: We missed the very first part of that, where he's in a conversation when somebody starts their cell phone, where he's saying, people who think that men are smarter than women, So why is he having that conversation anyway? Who thinks either way that either gender is as a whole smarter than the other. That's just a dumb premise to start with. And then he goes into there are people that won't vote for Kamala Errs because they don't believe women are smart enough. People who thinks that how many people do you know? Thinks that what are you talking about? Katie? Feel free to weigh in.
Speaker 4: But as a guy who loves and cherishes women in every part of life, the male who has to PROMI trait himself talking about women are so much smarter.
Speaker 3: Men are so dumb. Women are smarter. You are pathetic.
Speaker 4: You should turn in your genitals, sir, and I use that term loosely.
Speaker 3: That's pathetic.
Speaker 8: Two points. One, I hate nothing more than a male feminist. That's awful. Second, this guy's name is Philip Locock.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's not. It is no, Yes, how did that escape me?
Speaker 8: And he's a lecturer in the Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Science.
Speaker 4: You know, good year, Alish just could probably help you with your problem there, mistress, support garden.
Speaker 3: I mean, how low is it support garment that gets that thing up where you need it to be. You gotta change your name. You know, you don't want to down around your knees. You want to up here, waste level.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe many generations of Locock settled the West and made Kansas the fabulous states that it is today.
Speaker 3: You gotta change your name. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: Maybe I'm with all due respect to great grandfather Locock in the work he did in Prohibition and Grandpa Locock and it's how he, you know, opened the first bank of Solona or whatever.
Speaker 3: You gotta change your name. Yeah, you know, maybe I should have more sympathy, But he grew up with that name probably many endless jokes like we're doing now, and it drove him to being a male feminist where he has to overreact the other direction or something. Low tea, armstrong and getty,