Speaker 1: Warning today's episode Cadat's spoilers for Daredevil Born Again Season two, episode one. It's back, You're back. Hello, and it is Jason Eccepcio and I'm Rosy night and welcome back to Extra Vision of the podcast where we dive deep with your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. Coming to you from iHeart. We're bringing you three episodes a week.
Speaker 2: Pluck news. But today's not news, well unless you count how horny Matt Murdock is his news because he's back and he's still at it. That man will get at it no matter what is going on. We're going to be recapping the unbelievably good first episode. Guys. I we were surprised because we had those expectations for season one, and we were obviously very pleasantly surprised. This is our high quality television program. This is answering a lot of the questions you might have had about certain character dynamics. It's also bringing up the action, the cinematography, the lighting. This looks like prestige television, so we will be doing that. Then we're going to bring in Aaron because we've all got some thoughts. I'm sure quite hilarious. Thoughts on this first episode, and guys, remember to prepare for Avengers Doomsday. Once a month we are highlighting one team more character with an important role in the upcoming movie. Last month, we highlighted the first Avenger Captain America with a fun look back at his history and a debate show with some of our more colorful hot takes. And this week we'll be diving into the team with the most cinematic history, who also happened to be the newest additions to the MCU. And I'm sure that you are all going to be so surprised when I say that this is the X Men. Yes, me and Jason will be losing our shit for that one, so you know, tune in.
Speaker 1: But first, okay, Dear Devil Born Again, Season two, Episode one by Old Bank with the BAB Report talking of the people on the street about New York City in the Fisk Fixed It era, and everything's going great. I have the Here's one thing that you have to say about Wilson Fisk. His program is popular with the people on the street, or at least the people many of the people that the BB Report runs into.
Speaker 2: Yes, and who interestingly are predominantly people of color. It's very curated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot. I think there's you know, we can unpack this later. But it's notable. It's not like Wilson. It's not like Wilson. Fisk has no constituency.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: That night, a cargo vessel sails under the Brooklyn Bridge. It is the Northern Star, a nod perhaps to the Lemurian Star from Captain Winter. Thinks, so I like that cat and this very Captain America Winter Soldier style open in which Dary Devil mounts the ship listens to the conversation taking place on the vessel. He goes in. He's taking out. There's bad guys with guns all over the ship, and he is kicking the shit out of them and snapping their bones.
Speaker 2: If you were worried, you don't be getting the Dead Devil violence. You're getting it. You're getting it. It's much less than last season. He's snapping people's arms. People are getting shot in the face into the camera like you're dumb. Not by not obviously, but you don't see some stuff.
Speaker 1: In the pilot house of the ship, the captain and his first officer realized that they've been boarded. They've got security cameras down there in the hold, and they know that to expect Daredevil. They've been warned about this, and they do what they've been told to do when they've been borded by Daredevil, which is sink the ship and get off of it and.
Speaker 2: Put this I think put distress signalan to kind of distract him. It seemed like that was part of the plan. But then he managed to find a watch. I was very interested. I want to see what they're doing with his hearing non hearing powers, and they seem to be playing into a bit. But Fisk still doesn't know how to beat him.
Speaker 1: So Daredevil, you know, is down in the hole. He opens some of the cargo crates and there's just guns, guns, guns, lots of guns. Fisk is arming clearly, but then he realized the ship is going down, and Daredevil basically goes down with the ship. It manages to swim away and comes ashore and behind him the ship is like listing and partially sinking, like the Titanic is give me a ganic.
Speaker 2: It's a crazy shot. I live by the port, so like the scope of this is crazy, the scale of it, and this is Matt making a huge like fuck you to Wilson Fisk. It's like the ultimate, like, look what you can't hide.
Speaker 1: We're gonna discover just the kind of scope of Matt's almost one man campaign because he's got some help, and we'll talk about that out a bit, almost one man campaign against Fisk. So Matt, you know, drenched in disgusting East River water, goes to his hideout and it's like through, you know, it's like through a building and up the stairs and down stairs, through a hole in the wall into another building. And who is there working out on the martial arts dummy. It's Karen Page. He goes over and he gives her the update on the arm shipment that just went to the bottom of the East River. What does Fisk need all this hardware for? He wonders, And then there foot and then it's very clear that they are fucking no.
Speaker 2: The best line this I literally note at this line where I was like, he goes, she's like, need any stitches. He's like no, and she goes any like breaks, and he's like no, and she goes, oh, I guess it was a pretty good night then and he goes, could be bad. Okay, Well get it, Matt madog, you are on a one man mission to take that. Willson Fisk like, do you still have time to be fucking? This man always has time, Like we are gonna talk about he gets no matter what world ending, he's fucking.
Speaker 1: Listen, Karen could have in the in the years that they were not together, Karen could have found someone else she was she never did. It almost happened, but let's face it, these two want to be together. Matt wants to be with a lot of people, but he you know, Karen is in that group, and it was nice to see them back together.
Speaker 2: No, it was this is a big moment for comic book people. Karen, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: The classic couple, Yes, I got and Aaron over Matt, Electra, you know, Matt, any of the other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I I like this. It's the o G vibes and now I'm not gonna lie. We were very happy that Karen did not get you know, Frank Miller born again, Mats Kelly of course innocent as always because we were like, yeah, but I'm not gonna lie. This scene, she has some like heavy black eyeliner. We notice that she's wearing a lot of wigs, she's going through it. Matt is stressing her out. So I'm just saying, as much as I want things to be great for Matt and Karen, I do fear that it may not go well for her. That well, that's the fear of being a superhero, must it is?
Speaker 1: You know, It's like when you go home from break at UNI and you rekindle something for a day with an X, only it's like they're under living, underground, and you know, you just get the feeling that this can't last, but it's wonderful while it's going.
Speaker 2: It's so warmly shocked to like make it feel romantic. And I will say this is you know.
Speaker 1: That place smells. It's just like it stinks. It's sweat and sex and and like unwashed hats.
Speaker 2: Water. Yeah yeah, is there a shower? I doubt it. That's the fucking thirty six chambers like all day, just like, come on, guys, im But I do love Also, I feel like you can see that they value this relationship and this rekindling because a lot of these shows, especially when it comes to Dad Evil, they'll open with a love scene or like Matt fucking someone or whatever. They don't go there with this one, they just let you know, they kiss and then you get back to the violence. They're like, this is the precious, sacred relationship.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting, but I love it. I love this this casting, and I think these two are going to be very interesting. As this series continues.
Speaker 1: Fisk gets the news that his Northern Starship has partially sunk and the wreckage is currently clogging up the East River, meaning none of the other shipping coming to the ports down there that Fisk controls are able to get through. He immediately declared terror by the terror Stir Devil, and Daniel says, you got it, boss, I'm gonna put out the press release, Fisk orders Powell, who is now basically running the anti Vigilante task Force. I guess it is like, oh Man, not looking good for that, Like it's a bad choice and leadership, guys, bad choice. The Gregory Boveto of.
Speaker 2: Gus Let's let's get let's get slid on this too. Like ever thought that Disney would be made in a year where they made a show that is just as radical as anel completely accidentally, I would guess, or at least well Frescian I.
Speaker 1: Will say we talked here's the thing, so we talked about it last season that you could tell they wanted to ramp it up and they wanted to go in a specific kind of authoritarian direction with Fisk, but that the world got so crazy around the show that it that it seemed to throw the show off in a weird way. It's hard to put your finger on. And it really feels like they recalibrated and were like, let's pull this ship straight from the headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we talked about this in pre in pre production, before we turned the knife. This is not how the show has been marketed. No, I think that's smart, and it'll be our little secret. Guys.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't let don't let him know, because it's a fun superhero show. No political realities. There's realities to your eyes are open and your living the United States. You may seem so you may feel like when we come here to or yeah, yeah, when we come here, we will let's we can talk freely about it. Yeah, but otherwise, just keep you guys.
Speaker 1: It's a fun superhero show.
Speaker 2: Come that analysis.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Fisk orders Powell. The Gregory Bavino of The inevigilaty Task Force.
Speaker 2: Dog, I want you off.
Speaker 1: I turn of a current page, and then he orders Buck to go find the captain and the first mate who abandoned ship. Uh oh, because these are only the only living witnesses to the you know, the cargo scheme and the only people who might know what Fisk is up to, because all the guys that dared Devil beat up were too concussed to get off the ship.
Speaker 2: As yeah they were, they died. They died, as he's well, only ones who didn't know it was a weapons thing too. But you know, if that part of the anti vigilanti toss for they suck. I Also another thing that immediately struck me here was like Wilson Fisk immediately starts spinning and he's like, this is a terrorist attack. He's like, this is a terrorist attack by the targeted vigilante uh dad devil blah, And like, guys, read the news because we're here. Read about the Prairie Land defendants. Read about the people who were just imprisoned for making znes for wearing black. Read reading about.
Speaker 1: Any of the murdered people in the street who were immediately labeled as as terrorist instigators. And so it's very clear that Daredevil creators like we're.
Speaker 2: Watching, they were watching. But anyway, obviously his team believes it, and they go, yeah, yeah, we go to get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love Listen. Wilson Fisk has completely bent the the mechanisms of the city to his will. At this point. Elsewhere in Washington, d C, new character Alert Matthew Lillard as a mysterious mister Charles, some sort of high fluting intelligence operative who liaises between like intelligence, DC politics and wherever he needs to go. He's some kind of high powered fixer. He gets call about this chip sinking, and so he's immediately headed to.
Speaker 2: De and he is like, I'm gonna myself, bitch, and I love Matthew Lellard. Look, I'm not gonna lie, guys. Everyone knows. I'm very disappointed about Screep seven, but that's okay, going to be disappeared to ignorance. I still love him, but I think he's a good guy. I appreciate that he spoke out for Melissa and her right to speak out, and he is so fucking good in this role. Okay, So this is this is a classic mcu type Paul because it's just a name from one issue of like a Thin Fang Doom arc during Iron Man. I know how good is that? I'm like, I wish I came up with that with it's William Ham's and actually Tom Grummitt, who has come up with a lot of stuff. Just one guy who was in but he was he was in charge of illegal oil drills for rocks on right, So it's similar in that vibe. But obviously this is essentially a new character. They just love to pull like a random name. But yeah, it's great, very interesting, and immediately I was like, okay, so he is a politician or something, but then we don't learn We don't really learn more until later in the episode.
Speaker 1: That's right. So the BB Report covers the Northern Star sinking, and again it's clear that throughout the five boroughs, the people that the BB Report is interviewing, there's significant support for Fisk's spin on the Northern Star that this was a terrorist attack. Probably Daredevil and Fiscal figure.
Speaker 2: It arrest all the superheroes, do whatever you need to look them up, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Karen and Matt are talking about it. Karen is getting really frustrated. They can never get anything to stick to Fisk. Matt loves the justice system despite being a vigilante. Of course, He's like, we just gotta get enough evidence. We just gotta get enough evidence, and it'll finally stick to the mayor and he will be held accountable. Karen from her mysterious investigator source named jess Oh, clearly Jessica Jones, who does not have you know, but I love the way we introduce her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, very good stuff, gets the.
Speaker 1: Name of the captain and first mate. They are both basically Greek cypriots, and they kind of get a general address to start looking at. Let's take a break and we'll be right back to talk more Dary Double season two, episode one, and we're back. Okay. So Fisk is taking meetings in his office and he's just he's fucking pissed's getting more and more fucking heated. The Attorney General comes in, and the Attorney General is like, hey, let me tell you something, big boy. Okay, these emergency powers you're giving yourself back, and the way that you're calling everything that happens, like a guy literally on the street a terrorist attack, we don't like it. Okay. And the mandatory life sentences from mask vigilantes. We don't like it, okay, Me and the governor are concerned, and we're going to look into it. Okay. And now you got this sunk chip. Okay, so you better watch your step, big boy, because we're gonna be on your ass. But then mister Charles barges it. He just comes in.
Speaker 2: Acting like like a hobo too, like he's just like eating up talking about it. He is heroking, he's like eating He is like.
Speaker 1: A deep character.
Speaker 2: Yes he's like Timothy, Yes, Timothy plays like carbon boys name.
Speaker 1: But he just comes in. He's swinging his big dick around. And immediately it's clear that mister Charles is moving behind the scenes because the Attorney General, Steve Rude, gets a call clearly organized by Charles, to call him off the Fisk investigation, which hasn't even started yet. There is no investigation, but just the fact that he was thinking about it. Someone gets on his ass and is like stop it. So you know the age he toes the line and was like, Okay, sorry about the oversight, don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: I support you, I support you, yes, And it's and it's very clear that the call is from Valentina Defontein pushing, which, by the way, like okay, so she's fully evil, Like that's I mean, I know, we knew she was a bad guy off the last time, but this is like you're working with Wilson Fisk, I guess because she wants to promote her militarily approved superheroes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting. But I love this Matthew Lillard performance and it only gets better.
Speaker 1: It's so true. So Heather is analyzing Jack Jukine the Swordsman, on behalf of the DA as a like Air quotes independent, she's evil psychologist working for the courts, whose recommendations and analysis apparently are going to be used by both the DA and Jack Chukaine's lawyers, Murdoch and McDuffie. But of course we know that Heather is, you know, on the payroll of and Duquesas.
Speaker 2: Fisk says, as she's like, I know that you're not gonna do this shit.
Speaker 1: Like the Swordsman is being held in some kind of black site, and it's clear that he has like no civil rights or vivil rights at all.
Speaker 2: First he thought he did, but then yeah, rank he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I mean he was kept in occasion Wilson Fisk's basement for a period, so he knows what's up. He does not trust Glenn to be unbiased. She was probably that, yeah, and he denies being the mask vigilante. The Swordsman Glenn does like a blade Runner replicant word association test with him. That's like, you know, Hamburger, do you like men's magazine? Do you like men's magazines? You know that kind of stuff. She then has like a PTSD flashback and hallucinates muse, so she's kind of checked out of it for a second. It's very clear that she is absolutely hardcore anti mask, anti vigilante, Wilson Fisk believer. She doesn't care that the Swordsman has no civil or writes here. And then it's very clear that like she kind of likes me, they will like beat his ass if he doesn't cooperate. Yeah, she she enjoys it.
Speaker 2: That is also there's like a huge metal vice next to him the whole time as well, like it's just giving torture. And she does literally say to him like these men will come in and do whatever I want to you, so I just need to say, babe, go to therapy. It's ironic to be the therapist, but like even animal left who was a therapist had a therapist, babe, like come on, just get a therapists, Like you can't blame everyone. And also you killed that man, like what are you name? You killed him? Like chill out?
Speaker 1: So yeah, she threatens him, is like you better play ball. Meanwhile, at the Murdoch and McDuffie offices, McDuffie who is still doing all the work while Matt Murdoch does none of the work and just be fucking dubs a fat folder on Cherry's desk. The office is completely overwork because they're apparently handling all the critical missing person's cases related to Fisk and the Vigilante task Force in the city.
Speaker 2: People who are being kidnapped and disappeared by a terrified it's all being handled by Wow, she's so cool.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, McDuffie is like a scandal type issue Tony Goldwyn and Carrie Washington and Carrie Washington because she's like, where's Matt is mad? Okay, I'm worried about Matt. I can't stop thinking about Matt. Where's Matt. It's like Matt left you with all the.
Speaker 2: Word Dude, I gotta know what does Matt Maddock's mouth do because like these people like they are, they will never forget him.
Speaker 1: Like what Tierly is a Carrie Washington Tony Goldwyn situation.
Speaker 2: We don't even know if they've been together. If that's just how husband, I'm guessing they've been together.
Speaker 1: Does Karen know that the mcdummie is talking about Matt this way? Anyway? Cherry's like, don't worry about Matt. He's in This is his way pat hideout, and he's very happy and he's doing everything he loves to do, which is fight Wilson Fisk from the shadows and have sex with Garen Page. He's loving it. That's his dream life, so he wants to do DA Hawkburg comes in to talk to McDuffie, McDuffie's former boss at the DA's office and he's like wow. He looks around the place. The place is like messy and he's like, what is.
Speaker 2: Like y bitch?
Speaker 1: He has like Hou's business not looking too good and he's like, listen, I'm worried about you. You're gonna get the shit kicked out of you on the Jack Ukaine case.
Speaker 2: I'm a creep. Come back to my office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do Why don't you just like, you know, just like play ball, like the Elements doesn't. Like She's like, well, what about the evidence against Jack Ukaine, to which there is zero evidence. He's like, listen, evidence doesn't matter anymore. And yes, I used to be a person of a respectable legal person in the world. But like I can see which way the wind is blowing, you should see it too, and just like get with the get with the program. It's more lucrative, like look around the place, don't you want to pay your rent? And too, it's better for your health.
Speaker 5: So d A.
Speaker 1: Hackberg completely corrupted by this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a true scumbag, this guy. Have to say. I Arthur Heather's introduction, I thought it was pretty rare that we were going to get to see like a more villainous character. But I thought they did a great job showing like how a complicit, normal person with power can become like as villainous or as evil to us as you know, or more so to us because we know Wilson Fisk's tragic past, we know his history. This is just some any next guy who's choosing to align with fascism just because it's easy and he can make money from it. It's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also I love that we're getting more Karen and more of our mcduffy here too, Like it's really really great to have kised him back and to have these two kind of more in the front, which is something that we had talked about that other people hadn't liked about the first season. So I feel like this really answers that. And also I do love that I know that Kristen's probably the only person who will take Matt to task when he comes back, Like she's not afraid to yell at him, even though she is yearning, right, and I think she's yearning.
Speaker 1: I think like maybe she's shooking you.
Speaker 2: Even I was yearning watching that Murdock, Like this is the most toxic man you've ever met. He's so bad for you, he's so unhealthy.
Speaker 1: There's a passion, there's a dynamser It's like there's something romantic.
Speaker 2: When he's out in the daytime with his little American apparel gray hoodie and his little fucking black ray bands. It's like, yeah, I get it, man, I would also have sex with that Murdica, maybe die for it. Like I get it. He's got the juice he's got the juice.
Speaker 1: So Matt goes to meet to a secret meeting with Cherry under the very famous and well traveled Manhattan Bridge, only one of the most that's like always daylight under the Manhattan Bridge.
Speaker 2: It's like, guys can be they bought like a school.
Speaker 1: Come on ye. Matt tells Cherry about the ship and the guns, and Matt and Cherry, it's clear that they have one hundred percent trust. Matt puts Cherry on the case of the Captain, the first mate, and is just like, find that.
Speaker 2: Find these guys, dude, get this Mat a break, honestly, like, I'm not even that pro.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Fisk's task force is like full ice. They're running rough shot over the city. They go to a Greek restaurant.
Speaker 2: They just be beating up women, punching them in the face, just like beating up the owner of the restaurant, whose name we don't get I believe in this episode, who she calls Powell a fascist to her face and he just like punches her in the face, punch and he just she says, fucking fascist.
Speaker 1: That he's Everybody's gone. At this point, the Captain goes, who is being hit here? There's clearly like a you know, like an underground railroad situation going on here, and the captain goes racing out the back door. The task Force corner him, they beat the shit out of him, and they bring him in. While apparently some like anti Wilson Fisk commercials with a character in a mask and very social media quick cut editing have been running online with a lot of very fact based anti Wilson Fisk. We'll call it propaganda because it's propaganda style video, but it's fact based, yeah, And it's running online, and it's clear that this is the type of thing that Wilson Fisk would be upset about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Jason, who are your bets? Obviously we know that Matt and Matt and Karen clearly trust BB enough to get her to get real news out there, But we've only seen her Wilson Fisk propaganda arm So is this her or is there gonna be a new antagonist for Wilson or is this gonna be like a real surprise and it's gonna be Daniel.
Speaker 1: It's her. She's involved in it because she's the one who understands this world. She understands the internet and social media ecosystems and how to get a message out on the internet. So she's involved in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Bbe meanwhile, goes to Dan's there's a party going on.
Speaker 2: Why does he have this apartment too? Like that's how you know he's corrupt in New York.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna talk about that exactly, and it's very clear. And listen, they did a great job immediately clearing up what's going on between b B and Dan because Dan is like, eh, whoa, where's my hug at? Yeah energy, and BB's like, I'm here, Hey, we're hey, I'm just here because you know, we're friends and you're having a party. He definitely wants to turn things romantic. Okay, He's like bragging, I'm Deputy Maya.
Speaker 2: Now look at my expensive mass apartment.
Speaker 1: How do I get this apartment? Well, you know, may Fisk got me a deal on it, which is like and She's like, are you is that like okay, isn't that like corrupt? Or you gotta be careful with that shit because you know, like is dirty, probably allegedly, And Dana's like, let of it, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: I will say I did love this interaction because it does establish that BB actually does have like some modicum of real care at this point. But Dan, even though she's using him, because when she said that to him, where she's like, you know, if all of this fools on your head, like when it comes down, like you could really get in trouble, Like there's a bit of truth and I think also guilt there. But well, I just thought it was a great interaction.
Speaker 1: Let's as we go further. And yes, I will say that listen, I think it's a I think, considering the fact that like armed thugs are occupying the city of New York illegally and like just disappearing people and probably killing them, et cetera, I think that what BB is doing in that context is okay. But from a journalistic standpoint, this is a just you can't do this. This is true.
Speaker 2: You're acting as like the fucking propaganda arm of the fascist government at the same time. So I'm like, I needed it to be taken him down quick, off Robert and making such good propaganda for them.
Speaker 1: So Matt comes to the Greek restaurant to talk to the owner and he's like, listen, I'm a lawyer and you know, we've discovered that, yes, there is an underground railroad situation being run out of this restaurant. He's like, I know that you're helping people escape New York City. I am Matt Murdoch And immediately she's like, oh, Matt Murdoch. And it's clear that Matt Murdoch has juice in the Resistance, which is absolutely what the loosely knit organization of different actions that are resisting. Wilson Fisk like, it's not necessarily an organization, but they call themselves the Resistance. It is referred to as the Resistance openly, and she immediately trust him. She's like, the Captain was supposed to go to Toronto, but the task Force got him. And Matt is like, well what about the first officer And she's like, I just don't know where he is. Powell is torturing the captain because that's what we do now.
Speaker 2: We love to do that. Right to your question, since they have introduced a great separate character is with we saw the hand in Spider Man, do you think that they're gonna try and bring back Electra? And I feel like they at least want you to think about.
Speaker 1: Right there, She's coming back. Okay, it's happened. Absolutely, this ship is owned by Electra's family.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like this it's gonna be like shows up, like yes, it's definitely the Chios family exactly, and you're gonna have some like long lost like understanding of lectures or something. It feels like that's what that's setting off.
Speaker 1: And it's I'm calling it now. This show, this season is gonna come to your head with multiple Matt paramounts.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think you should leave this with the Matt, the Matt harem. You know he I mean, he's already got one, but it could be. Imagine if they brought back Night in Us.
Speaker 1: You really, he's going He's going to be living with living with Karen in the hideout and fighting on the rooftops with Electra, and there's gonna be that magnetism again. It's gonna happen. I just feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can feel it.
Speaker 1: So Powell wants to know, like where the first mate is, and Powell is just torturing the fucking ship out of this guy. When Buck comes in to play, you think the good cop and he's look, oh, you think that he's going to tell you anything, we make a coup, No, make him, make him a spot of tea? Why did you take a break palace? And the captain is like, listen, I told I did what I was told to scuttle of the ship when darda Will got on and I don't know anything, and I don't know anything, and Buck says, you got it, you're right. We it's our bag, sorry about it. We'll can let you go, and then he just shoots the guy in.
Speaker 2: The back, interestingly speaks Greek to him and says like cash Buck, you know he's the heat. Maybe try you know. But I love that he basically was like I think he said something along lines of like may God forgive me because you were innocent? Like actually, like he's like, none of this is your fault. I thought that was a really interesting moment, especially because the brutality of Powell. You do feel a moment of relief when Buck comes in and you think, well, obviously you know what's gonna happen because he's a fucking assassin, but that it's like a the way that they play with your emotions and your expectations and pull the rug out of you from under you. In this episode, even with the Matthew Leonard character and kind of the approach that he takes. It's just really great engaging TV.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Fisk is at dinner with mister Charles and Vanessa Alsa happened, and mister Charles is again, this guy just swings his dick over. He doesn't give a shit about manners, about tangleman. You know, Vanessa and Fisk are very genteel people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dressed like he's a fucking like Apple summit.
Speaker 1: He's got it. He's like spread out across the chairs, slouched down, he's all messy. And Vanessa's like, is this like some kind of bit like is this your Is this how you do things? You just go around being an asshole and that's like your thing? And and Fiscus like, you've made.
Speaker 2: My wife bitch? Yeah, because he says he really makes this all panded comment, which, by the way, kind of like a good thing to ask by. He's like, oh, you know, do we can we talk in front of the missus?
Speaker 4: And he's like, yeah, how dare you wife.
Speaker 2: Together? My wife's controlled my organization where I.
Speaker 1: Was jail, how dare you? Mister Charles like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what's up a bro just to listen. I'm here from powers bigger than you, who are pissed about the port being all blocked up. Now because of this fucking ship. We need to get the thing unblocked so our ships can come in.
Speaker 2: It also seems like he was involved in the gun running, so he was.
Speaker 1: Clearly liked, so he's allowing it. Well, he's clearly like a fixer for whoever is allowing the gun running, which who is Valentina? Somehow like they're involved it.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit of Sharon Caught Power Broken too. It seems like this some kind of military optimization that Wilson Fisk is allowing. Now, this could be an anti superhero thing for the Department of Damage Control. It's really interesting.
Speaker 1: So Charles is like, listen, let me tell you about logistics, because that's what separates the men from the boys. Okay, if you want to put an army in the field, what are they gonna eat, what are they gonna shoot? Where are they going to sleep? I take care of that.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna kill him? Off those he's gonna kill him?
Speaker 1: Okay, if uh you know an army of anti uh mutant cadres in power suits is hunting the X Men or something like what are they going to wipe their ass with when when they go to room That's what I do, okay, And he's like, listen, have unload all the cargo from the ship. One, two after that, kill all the guys who unloaded the cargo. What however you need to do it, just make sure you do that. Fisc is like hesitant.
Speaker 2: He's like, those are my bros. No, But.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the you know, I think he's more concerned about him taking the legal hit potentially while his partner's big foot him, like he's I'm gonna take all the risk while you're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Right now, he has a personal army, so if he kills like the central force of that that he can trust with this mission, then he has to rebuild it. So it's not necessarily an emotional response, but it is an interesting response. And the thing that I love is that mistics like, Okay, then well I can put together a little task for a little group of soldiers and they can from around the world, which I feel like is definitely going to introduce some interesting new characters. And then he's like, you know, and we're just do an industrial accident. After it happens. There is again a lot of acknowledgement here of you know, real life historical ways that the governments of many countries have behaved towards their own citizens. It's very crazy, and I think that I love that Matthew Lillard is using the charm and kind of obnoxious like confidence that has often enamored us to him, but he's pushing it to a boundary here where it's starting You're starting to realize, like, oh, maybe the scariest thing is actually a deep character who's fucking competent, Like that's actually terrifying.
Speaker 1: Bbe has Dan's apartment cleaned for him after the party, and you think, oh, well, how nice. Well the cleaning guy is a spy ay and has been going through all of dan shit, and who knows what they'll find. Meanwhile, Karen meets Bbe and they talk about it. Karen is like, you gotta be careful because if Dan figures out what you're up to, like, this is dangerous. I don't think you understand how dangerous this is.
Speaker 2: She was also like, do you like him? Do you like him? Because she was like that on the record, I'd almost like Karen, just because you're fucking the one person you want quick, it doesn't mean everyone else is made.
Speaker 1: She's you gotta acknowledge the realities of the situation. I'm just saying. So Biebie is like, I'm doing it for my uncle Ben Urick.
Speaker 2: Who, by the way, Karen is the fucking reason that he's dead, Babe.
Speaker 1: She says that She's like, well, you know, just to underline how serious this is, Ben is dead and he's dead because of me. This is serious business. Like, be careful. Heather is at home working her grip, so she's got one of those grip exercises, and I gotta tell you, Heather's gonna suit up at some point.
Speaker 2: You think, okay, So do you think she's gonna become her own crazed vigilante killer or do you think she will become like a version of Muse.
Speaker 1: I think she is going to become some sort of version of her own anti vigilante vigilante, and potentially it's going to involve a lot of choking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh my gosh, yes, because of what happened to Howard Mus. Also, that makes sense because Wilson does kind of historically has collected Yeah, super anti superhero superheroes, whether it's you know TYPOI, Mary oh Man, I'd love for them to bring a good version of feels like it could happen for sure, especially another paramore, another Matthewmado paramore.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean complicated one.
Speaker 2: Guys. We gotta we gotta get Heather out of here, like call the fucking American Board of Psychiatrists or something, get her discard or whatever that version is. Spa. She is not spit for purpose, guys. She is doing a bad job.
Speaker 1: So she's there, she's working her group, and she's listen into the Ducaine evaluation tape where she's like, you do you read lumber jad back and sees Hawkman calls the you know d a Hawkman and he's like, listen, great job on the evaluation of Ducane. But you don't need to go through all the stuff. Can you just simply write that he is a psycho and whatever else you need to say so that we can just like get the.
Speaker 2: I will say. And I did think the funniest thing about this was like they want her to basically make say he's a sociopath, right, But then she she clicked that he said that he was, She like, what changed the ants away? He said he was possessed, and I was like, that's a different kind of insanity. Plea babe. But sure, she's not up to it. She's having PTSD, she's drinking a lot. She apparently only drinks gray goose. I guess she's really into like club culture, and yeah, that was a bad move, and the fact that she just does it at Hawkman's request is like, fuck it awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the do you feel possessed kind of question? I forget how she phrases it very weird.
Speaker 2: It's like, do evil spirits possess my body? True or false? I'm assuming that this is kind of.
Speaker 1: Like that's what she's gonna be. She feels that way. It's clear this is projection from her. She's gonna she feels that muses is somehow inhabiting her body, and.
Speaker 2: She's gonna's and then she's now gonna use this to say Ducane's crazy, he's possessed. It's very interesting. I'm intrigued to see where they go with this route, because also it does feel like they're doing one of the things that could be really emotionally powerful and tough to watch. Which is they're taking a character who is relatively like a goofy, pretty okay character who we knew, for example, was good to Kate, he was not a bad guy. And then they're gonna take him from this really kind of fun Ya space and move him. And I think we're gonna see him get absolutely just horrifically demolished through this trial. Through this they're saying there's gonna be more pull vigilante trials. And I think that we could see like a really sad storyline for Duquane. But I will say he's in New York. Yeah that's Kate Bishop's x stepdad. So maybe we see a little bit of Kate I would love to see. I have to come in, you know, get him out of some blin Ellie like kind of nelly bly situation. But yeah, I had to get her out of him. I'm done with it. Just Matt, just killer, Just give us some head trauma. Get out. She's an ad. I mean, I'm sick of us. She's she's Jason. She's gaslighting people. It's a big Bay prison for life.
Speaker 1: It's it's very, very bad. At the restaurant, the first mate is in the alley eating out of a dumpster and it's he's come there for help from the owner, and though they don't show it, she probably helps him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there's a kind of like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Task Force breaks down Cherry's door. They want to know why Cherry is looking for the Greeks. They're beating him up. Then Matt comes and Matt is beating up the Ice agents, which is great but complicate. In fact, your Cherry begins to have a heart attack because of all the excitement. So but then no, he's okay, and Matt it's just like, okay, I'll go back to beating the guys up, and he's really having I get comes back and Matt gets distracted, and it seems like the task Force is First of all, they unmask him and realize that it's Matt Murdoch and they're about to beat him up and take him in when knives shoot through the window and kill everybody.
Speaker 2: And we know that ship Bullseye Baby, Matt, Mada Bullseye fucking team up. This is some crazy sad boy shit and I cannot white for it. It's like gonna be that's just sickening. People are gonna.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take it. Let's take a quick break, and then we'll be back to discuss this episode, and we're back, okay. I love the idea of a of a Bullseye Matt team up based purely on the fact that they are both like, really really mad at Wilson Fists. Yeah, obviously like Dex has been through it because of Wilson, who is trying to kill it and who has manipulated him many many times into committing many many murders. To be fair, that Dex is absolutely forget the fact that he's probably insane like committed and is responsible for but Wilson Fisk absolutely like exploited his existing MELA issues and now Dex is clearly murderously mad at him, and I think appears to be genuinely not in a set mad up to die way. I think he's genuinely helping Matt because he wants to piss off.
Speaker 2: Wilson Yeah, and potentially team up with him. So I am really excited to pursue that. Let's introduce super producer Aaron so he can ask us his biggest questions coming out of this episode and give us some of his hot takes. What do you think about a bulls Eye Matt team up Aaron Deuce. Is that something you're interested in seeing? You want to see the two killers together?
Speaker 5: Of course, well not two killers. I just think it's so great. Matt has the best luck. Anytime he doesn't want to get his hands dirty, he gets a teammate who's totally willing to do all the dirty work, and Matt can can shake his head and say, oh, true, actually don't kill anyone, and then turn around and Verry Batman code Bill's Yeah it was. Yeah, I did have a there was a small part of me that was really hoping Jessica was going to save him at the end of this episode, just so that we got to Jessica sooner. But this was a great way to end it. And I love Bullseye like almost taunting Matt with the message of the dagger at the end.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't it's not some sudden turnaround that doesn't make sense, but we can understand that the fisk of it all is the big thing that is going to unite them. And I'm assuming this is my big theory coming out of the end of this season. I think by the end Matt Bullseye, all the girls, Wilson Fisk, They're probably going to have realized that whatever mister Charles represents or whatever is coming is a bigger threat. I think this is leading us to that brand new day unexpected allies kind of vibes that we'll be getting into there.
Speaker 1: My question is, how does Matt Murdoch, his identity as Daredevil being widely known now it's fisk new, but yeah, Fisk is they have a weird relationship like that's lostic, but also very intimate in a bizarre way, where they respect each other and respect certain aspects of each of their personal lives, and they like.
Speaker 2: To be in there weird bey together. It's very Batman Joker coda.
Speaker 1: It's very strange, right, But now the task Force knows that Matt Murdoch is Daredevil, and I think at least it's plausible that at least some of them survived the Bullseye attack. I wonder how this will play out in the future and then if we get you know, Matt has been revealed to be Daredevil several times in the comics, and it's been complicated for him. There's been times that he's had to go underground. There's been times that he's like popped back up and been like, oh, that old conspiracy theory, Daredevil, give me a fucking break where a Bullseye has like or other people dressed as Daredevil, like Iron Fist dressed as Daredevil have helped Matt get the stink off of him, so to speak, to make it seem like that there's actually a Daredevil running around while Matt like is having dinner or something, so that they can be like, oh, look, I wonder if they will do that, and who the person, if it will be Bullseye if they indeed, Oh, Jason, I think that's such a good call, right, I think it's probably identification, even if they just did it like halfway through the season and it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie. The quality of this first episode really has me believing that it could be a true tie in to Spider Man, which I also am very interested in because Spider Man is really with Brand New Day, going to be the first time that we truly have something that directly connects to what happened in a major movie in a really major way in a long time. With Peter Parker's identity being gone. So yeah, I could definitely see a kind of big event happening at the end of this that directly ties in, especially with the punisher of it all. Aaron, what were your biggest like worries coming into this episode and this kind of season as a whole.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, well, one of the things that I think, I don't know if this was I had this necessarily beforehand, but while watching this one, I thought it was really interesting because so much of the show previously Netflix and last season have been Matt trying to balance both sides of his life. He's trying to be a lawyer, he's trying to be a vigilanty, he's not telling people, he is telling people. What does that do to his ability to be a good partner to Foggy? And in this episode so far, he's not Matt anymore. He's fully daredevil and we don't have him balancing that. And at first as we were going through as I'm going through the episode, I was like, this, I'm missing that inner turmoil. But it allows us to focus so much more on these other characters. We're getting a lot of active BB stuff. Boebe is not just like some tertiary character. Bbe has multiple things here with different people, all these interconnecting storylines. We're getting Karen is training on the wing chun dummy, Like, yeah, maybe Karen can wear the Daredevil suit.
Speaker 6: At some point, I was.
Speaker 2: Wondering if, well, in the recent comics, in the Chip Zadovsky stuff, they have a character to become Dad Evil, which was really cool, another potential option for someone that could put on the suit. Yeah, I agree, Aaron. I've really loved how they're using Bebe. I really like how they're using Karen. I'm not gonna lie I am. I'm a feared for Karen and her new like action packed life with her wigs and her kind of like black eye makeup. It's voting badly for her health. But no, I agree with you. I also think I really want them to lean into McDuffie, at least doing one of them, like just doing the Duquine trial by herself. Obviously, we know there's probably gonna be a moment where that mother fucker walks in with his flake blind cane and his little red sunglasses and yeah, so like, I am very interested in that element and whether or not we'll get more of the legal battle side from Kirsten until we can get i mean Kristin, until we can get Matt back in the courtroom, which is obviously just going to be for some show moment at the end because he can't.
Speaker 1: There's no way he can.
Speaker 2: They're not getting arrested.
Speaker 1: He can't lawyer right now, that's like impossible, there's no way.
Speaker 2: But you can't have him in that suit for one minute at least.
Speaker 1: What do we think the odds are? Because remember, I think probably the longest stretch that somebody pretended to be Daredevil was Danny Rand the Iron Fist pretended to be Daredevil while Matt was known to be you know, was while his idea and Danny had been outed as Daredevil in order to kind of you know, throw people off, Danny Rand come back.
Speaker 2: What do we think, Oh my god, Actually, Jason, that's probably the only way they could do it that people wouldn't hate is if they had him come back. Simply they were like, I know a guy who's the same size, and then they have Danny come back and he wears the suit and he does it for an episode or something.
Speaker 1: Because I might worry is if you let bulls Eye do it that he'd kill fifteen people exactly. Now it's a mass murderer.
Speaker 2: And though honestly that happens a lot to Dead Devil, like he's alway the brand or he is also like killing people like on.
Speaker 5: That boat at the end of last week. I do want to point out at the end of last week both Eladie Young and Finn posted workout clips and things in the gym, and and they're currently filming season three right now, so it is.
Speaker 2: Very you know, don't believe it. I mean they're putting out After we watched like rewatch Jessica Jones and had that conversation, like both us and also the Discord were kind of like, wait a minute, is this shit really good? Like I think it's really good. Like no, it's good to you know, because they went back to Jessica Jones they watched it and they were like, oh, actually, this is great TV. Like, so I think if they could do some kind of you know, give that funny you maybe you even get a crazy Dead Evil action scene cold open and then he pulls off the mask and at Danny rand or something like that could be it would be grinded. Come on, I think that could be a Trevis Slattery level reimagining. I really love that called Jason, what who do you think his end game by the end of this season or is Matt single and alone again? Jason?
Speaker 1: I think Matt is single, alone again, and I think at the I believe that at the end of this episode, Matt will will either be on the run or trying to live his life fully as Matt Murdoch in order to avoid the linkage with Darteil. I think thank him to San Francisco. We've seen some you could do that. I think season three will be all about Matt Murdoch trying to be like dir what what who?
Speaker 2: Also what that Iley line what whosoops who? That could lean very heavily into like the original version of this show that was going to be more like lawyer focused if they did. But yeah, that that could have been really interesting. Aaron, you had a great question, and I'm gonna pose it to you so you can give us your thesis. Is Matt Murdoch the MCU's greatest heart breaker or Marvel's greatest heart breakerp what do you believe?
Speaker 5: Mc wise one hundred percent? I think early early Tony had a shot. I mean Tony was was doing it. But I think Matt's secret weapon is he's not super popular, so he's not a worldwide superhero.
Speaker 6: He is self contained to New York and so he can he can.
Speaker 5: Get away, yeah, whereas like you know, Captain America can't. He's too big a name daredevil. He's still like in the shadows a little. I think one hundred percent. And look, having been before pandemic, I used to go to the same yoga studio as Charlie.
Speaker 6: I would see him there all the time.
Speaker 2: You about to tell us you were like, Okay, tell us more.
Speaker 5: But I used to see Charlie like doing yoga all the time. And I can tell you he is in person, the nicest person ever, but also incredibly jacked and and like we've seen it in previous seasons, he looks great. And I think he is one hundred percent Marvel's greatest heartbreaker.
Speaker 2: I would agree with you. I can't think of many other people with such prolific romancing because like, obviously the X Men are very messy, we're gonna get into that and not big X Men impending doomsday episode. But I do think, like if you just look at the amount of people that Matt Murdoch FUCKX who then end up like dead or you know, go lives going badly or just broken up with him. He is on like a Batman level of numbers at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to I need to push back a little bit. Okay, wants a heartbreaker? Oh Ida, nobody actually walks away feeling bad?
Speaker 2: No, Like true, he's a good lover apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean everybody, here's the thing about Matt Murdoch. You mentioned Steve Rogers, Like, here's the problem with Steve Rodgers and Steve Rodgers gonna love bomb you and be like let's get start talking about kids and ship and it's second date, you know, Like right away, Matt Murdoch understands what the score is. Matt Murdock is down for whatever you are down for exactly what of this? What do you want to do?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you want a two week thing? Do you want like a monogamous thing.
Speaker 2: Do you want a passionate, violent thing?
Speaker 1: Do you want a one night thing? Like He's good for all of it. So I actually reject the idea that anybody's heart is getting bro Karen a little bit because of that. They grew up together basically you know what I mean, Like they they were young people starting out in the world and kind of grew as professional people and young professionals together. So it's like a different situation there. But everybody else is like they got exactly what they wanted out of the Matt relationship. He's not He's not tricking anybody.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of friends. Who has exes both Heba Glenn did not get what she wanted out of that thing.
Speaker 1: Was a bad agree. But that's a bad choice by Matt.
Speaker 2: That was Matt Heather.
Speaker 1: Heather can't be honest with herself, Like how is she gonna be honess relationship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, Matt, Matt is the one most likely to be on field.
Speaker 6: I think he can. He can truly spin his weares there, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, wait, I go to ask you Bullpark number, Matt Matt buddy count.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, from from high school to college.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like two hundred plus.
Speaker 1: I'm saying like, oh, I think it might be and I think it might actually could be crazy. I think just because of the fact listen erin.
Speaker 2: Like Jason said one one night stand two weeks Like yeah, he's flexible college.
Speaker 1: Imagine like freshman year of college. Like, imagine being able to walk into any party, any bar, any room and know immediately who you have chemistry with. Be like, oh, I felt her heart jump over there. Let me just like go over to that.
Speaker 2: Side and accidentally knock into them with whoop.
Speaker 1: So I'm blind, Oh my god, I'm like, oh, can you help me? I don't worry.
Speaker 2: How do I how do you know?
Speaker 1: Like? And I and I just think he fucking cleaned up, and I think it could be in the hundreds. I think it absolutely could be.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: He also is just eternally charming, so I think that he would always get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I like, even if we just think of the people we know he had sex within the MCU, at least ten people, so that's like just like if we actually think outside of that she because he had sex with he had sex with Rosario Dawson, he had sex with Electra head A, Glenn Karen Page. There's definitely others. Wait, hold on a few seasons.
Speaker 1: We can redcon it too, Natasha, I think it is definitely canonically in the comics. They fucked a lot, so I they should figure out a way to re con that.
Speaker 5: Matt, because actually what happened in Budapest was that they met in Budapest exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh Matt, we love you, Okay, I mean like you know there's support typhoid Mary, Yeah, you know if.
Speaker 1: You exist and Night Night Nurse, like it's it's out there. So that's like just and that's so we're saying, let's call it a Disney property, even though a lot happened in the in Netflix, Okay, but it's a Disney property canonically, in a Disney property, Matt Murdock's Disney body count is like approaching ten.
Speaker 2: Exactly who else is idiot tunnels that there's just don't they had sex one time? Like this is the thing is like everyone has you have you know, Tony has had sex with women, but it was like Matt, like Matt Maddock Fox, Tony Stock is like a collector of things. He rarely heard any sleep with like three people, even.
Speaker 1: The extremely problematic like early Tony, when you like really look at it, canonically, it's still like only two or three before he marries his Right, there's the reporter in was it the first one? Right, So there's the reporter in Iron Man one and then there's Pepper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not like it's not like a massive No, there's like there's like acknowledgments to it. But it's not like Matt Murdock is like he is getting at every opportunity. He is mad, getting mad that Ali cat. We love him, we support it. I love that he seems to make his lovers feel good, so I support that too, like good pam. Okay, wait, guys, other big questions. Jason watched your Wildest Speculation around Miss Charles. No, no, I was gonna say, I think Danny rand reappearing in the.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy, right, I want to be so right, But my mister Charles, you know, I think mister Charles is I think he is a valin Tina lieutenant. I think that it's unclear to me right now what is going on and why the arms. I'm not sure all the arms are for Fisk, but it's clear that Valentina is bringing in hardware and gear that she needs to to bring into the port there, and so what is that stuff going to be? Wild guess? I mean you mentioned power Broker. Are we going to start supering up people?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it going to be massive gallons and that's illegal super soldier. Is it going to be power suits for her like anti uh powered Wonder.
Speaker 2: Against superheroes.
Speaker 5: Basically, I have I want to have one wild take that I'm almost positive will not be the case. But they made a point to multiple times with mister Charles focus on his hand with the ring, and so I was like, is he connected to Shanci's sister in the ten Rings?
Speaker 6: Like is he actually working?
Speaker 5: And maybe they're the ones running guns through the port like and Valentine is connected in some way too.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be the case, I know, but I love that. I also did think as well, something that that's really great point, Aaron, because I forgot to note this down. I also do wonder if they're setting him up to kind of try and take over from Fisk, because it's a very Fisk thing, like and not I don't think they would do that, but like him try and take over because the whole like his ring clicking on the glass. Now, I will say Fisk did look very upset when he saw him. So there is also some kind of personal history potential there too, and we could find that maybe they were not like brothers, but maybe they were. I feel like there's a they want to show the similarities in some of the ways that they move while also showing us the difference is between that kind of nouveau like stealth wealth and then like the way that Wilson and Vanessa act, which is very like old school eloquent wealth.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's clear that part of it too, is like whoever Charles is working for. They feel like Wilson is small.
Speaker 2: Time, right, that's scary.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a regional guy. He's a regional power and local awards. He's a you know, local mafia figure in New York City who's become mayor blah blah blah, like not actually a threat to them or somebody who they need to take seriously at the level they are at, which is very interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: I love like you're the head of the snake and it's barely worth my time to be here. I'm sitting down, I'm insulting your wife at the table, I'm talking about euro king like I'm I'm I could barely.
Speaker 6: Be bothered to be here. Yeah, you are nothing. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that too. And Ian put a great note in the chat. It's like the world's bigger than New York. Like when we watch this show, it's like New York, New York, and this is the most high stake shit. But to him, he's like, who cares? Like we got so much many other irons in the fire, you know. Okay, guys, let's start our official dead Devil Deadpool.
Speaker 1: Who do we.
Speaker 2: Expect to live or die this season? Who is it? Number one, two, and three for deaths for each other?
Speaker 1: Well, number one is Karen Page. I'm giving. I'm giving. I'm giving, Like you know, I'm giving. What is the you know, one hundred dollars gets you ten dollars that Karen Page should die? I feel like it's one hundred.
Speaker 2: She is dying sadly. I think it's true. All right, Rosie, that's that's your first choice too. I'm a Karen too, what's your first my first choice? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: But he like was only on screen three times, and every single time he made a point to mention that he's retired.
Speaker 6: It's Cherry. I think Cherry's not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cherry's had two heart attacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, one episode yeah, true, true, He's not having a good time Jason, who's your second?
Speaker 1: Oh God, Vanessa, she's run her course, hasn't She has? She is unless there is something that she is plotting or scheming, some other thing that she's running it. There were hints of that in season one, right where she was kind of building up her own power base and maintaining it and doing the street level stuff, and maybe she thinks, you know, this whole thing with Wilson has run its course. They suggested that. I think in season one, unless we get hints of some other thing, I think Vanessa's kind of run her course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you make a good point. Also as well, we know that Bullseye feels like she is equally as you know, endangered his life and his mental health and his you know life is the non assassin. So yeah, I think that's true. I'm gonna go I think Daniel, I love that act, but I have to say, this is my this is my long rate son of Gandafini, and he's killing it. I want them to continue this kind of Doge esque which, by the way, at the time again felt so fucking pressy. And I love this plotline, but I am I do know the MCU, I do know the world. I believe this is my long I think they're gonna reveal that the king pin Leka is actually Daniel, who is inspired by Babe, and he's gonna get killed and that's gonna be like a redemption arc for him, but not till the end of the season, because they just can't help to redeem like a young white guy. I think that is likely, and I think I wouldn't be sad if it happened.
Speaker 1: Can I I think that I think Daniel is next for the white suit. I think I would love that Donofrio. How old is Donafrio? Donafrio is not getting any younger folks, And I think I'm not saying that we that Wilson is for the death list, No, no, no, but I am saying that at a certain point, I think Daniel might get elevated to the big boys spot.
Speaker 2: I would love that they do play with this whole thing. He's the deputy, He's the next in line. I love that, Aaron, Who's who's your second most likely to die?
Speaker 5: So I mean you brought up Daniel and I have been loving again this show not reminiscent of real life in any way, but I have loved watching Fisk's cabinet be messy, and I love seeing like because we get more time with them and they're not just like faceless goons, even even the head of the a VTF who just like a gravelly voice all the time. I think that Buck is too talented and too good of an agent that he's gonna he's gonna wind up going against someone, and like I think Bull's Eye will probably take him out.
Speaker 6: So I think Buck is gonna get taken out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that one. I like that I could see it happening. He is very competent that could threaten other people in them and just.
Speaker 5: Like Wesley, it's gonna make Fisk mad. Like it'll be a go of Season one where Wesley, who I think was one of the most interesting characters and one of my favorite, like scenes across a dinner table or in this case, a table in an abandoned warehouse, I think Buck is gonna go out.
Speaker 1: It did leave me wondering if Buck is like secretly a spy for mister Charles and Kingpinsill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's definitely giving something intriguing like that, Like that was kind of a when he came in that was like it felt like a real judgment when he was like telling him to do a bad job. It was, it was, it was just interesting. Okay, quick fire around Jason. Wait, hold on, I was gonna say, that's your lost one, that's.
Speaker 1: Here's my last one. And I think this is a long shot, but I'll say this, how many more times can Bullsye get arrested and escape? Yeah? How many more times can they put him in the Hannibal lecter get up and then he fucking gets out? I think not many more times to zero more times? And so it would not be shocking to me if Bullseye shuffles off this mortal coil of the MCU in this season. I agree.
Speaker 2: I also my sadly, my lost one is gonna be my good friend Jack. I love him. I think he's getting got by someone. He's gonna do something heroic. I wanted to be saved by Kate, but he's a side character. He's got a lot of gravitask. It would be like, we need to see it with the sword one time.
Speaker 3: One time, and Aaron, who's your final Heather, Heather, She's gonna she's gonna like, I don't know, maybe we get a little come up and where she does become some kind of vigilante herself or anti vigilancy vigilanty, and then the ATF.
Speaker 5: Takes her out. Maybe, oh that would be really nice. But yeah, I think Heather's Heather's not gonna last long. She's okay, she's I don't want to say overstate her welcome, but her character is really pushing into bad waters.
Speaker 1: Can they do? We think there's a chance they were like red Coon typhoid Mary into Heather.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, only only because, oh maybe with the different personalities. I don't know, Only because Typhoid Mary is such like a beloved character at this point, and the way that they adapted her, and then like I think second or third season of I Am Fist was like interesting but didn't really hit. And I think at this point Heather is like too obviously evil, whereas type of Mary is a more complicated character. Now do I think that means they wouldn't do it? I mean no, I think that could definitely happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying because of the visions of the hallucinations, the hair is similar to the comic version.
Speaker 2: So like the Matt connection, obviously, like Matt loves him, but she blames him for what happened to her. It's very similar, Jake.
Speaker 1: I'll just say, as watch this space, as you know, as mutants become more of a of a reality on a on a kind of granular level in the MCU, watch if anything catches fire in her presence.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait. This is such a fun episode, Aaron, thank you for joining us. Can't wait to talk about it. Well, we will be breaking it down weekly for you guys who can listen to it as soon as you watch it.
Speaker 1: On the next episode of Extra Vision, we'll continuing our march towards Doctor Doom and Doomsday with our X Men episode of Impending Doomsday. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening. X Ray Vision is hosted by Jasoncepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wag.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi, our discord moderator,