Speaker 1: He is drinks Chants, motherfucking podcast make He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't sagreed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 1: What Up It's d J E f N Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink.
Speaker 2: Chans d is New Year C. That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up mother mother? Would it good?
Speaker 3: Be?
Speaker 2: Should be? This is your boy in O R E. One up his DJ E f.
Speaker 4: N list Mintemic Crazy Ward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have make some.
Speaker 5: When I tell you I'm a fan of hip hop, I'm I'm a fan of pure hip hop. When I heard this album, like I was literally in the car, and you know the salife that comes out your mouth like when you hear something like when you when you when when something is good, like like when when your when your mom told you on Christmas Day that you're gonna get that presence and then you start getting some life and you start I was like, I didn't remember how much I loved hip hop, like and I didn't even know I was just sitting in the car and I literally did not get out this motherfucking car and I just stepped listening, and then I said, Yo, we gotta get them on this album.
Speaker 2: I really want to.
Speaker 5: Thank y'all face to face, but only y'all was my friends.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna did this like, you know, like I could.
Speaker 5: Have called, but I want to really truly give you brothers, y'all flowers. Man, this was a breath of fresh air for me loving hip hop.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I know this supposed me to intro right, I remonstrated.
Speaker 2: To the interview, but listen, but let me just get this off my chest.
Speaker 5: Man for real, as a person that loved hip hop and got how much I love pure hip hop. I just listened to this ship and I was just like it was.
Speaker 2: It was like I said, it was tears coming out of my eyes.
Speaker 5: I was feeling like the day before Christmas when Mom said, you know we're gonna put out those those cookies.
Speaker 2: Are saying Sandah, gay dude, this yeah, this is how dope that album is.
Speaker 5: In case you don't know who were talking about right now. We told my mother, man, I am not you'reating no weight shape form or fashion. That ship gave me a breath of fresh fucking yeah, like I stood there. I was so happy. I was so happy to know you brothers. But how did y'all link up?
Speaker 2: Let's let's take this from the from we.
Speaker 5: Know y'all got a history of working, but that's not the people know who don't know. And I'm ready to possm ship pain. I'm sorry, I'm good, I'm great to celebrate my fears. Did a fucking excellent body of work. So listen, please, for the people who don't know, let's let's describe the relationship on how y'all. Let's pop off, Let's pop off? Yeah, well, let me tell you yes, yeah, okay, So around like two thousand and two, I was selling beats for fifty dollars and somehow, some way, fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: Dollars and my music got out.
Speaker 5: This is like the early days of the internet, right, So my music got out and the first person that called me out of boot Camp Click was mister Walker Wow. And he called and this, you know, this is the time he called. I was standing in the house, standing in apartment with six niggas and he called the house phone and let you know, our old list. He called and it was like, okay, so held gonna call you next. And I'm like, what like, and I'm living in I mean, I'm from North Carolina. I'm living North Carolina. So evil he called me after that, and then Drew had called me after that, and so he gave me some rem mixes. He wanted me some stuff to remixes. I just did the remix for God's Son, god Stepson, and so he wanted me to do some remixes for Buckshot at the time. So I did the remixes. And so after I did the remixes, I gave him to him. He was like, well, I'm gonna stand a whole b CC down there. I'm gonna send them down. So he sent them from North Carolina. Who he said he sent them down. It was it was this is during little brother matter, and so he sent them down and they all came down there. Would love that he sent them down. It was it was these two guys. It was Sean Price, Rest in Peace was a buck shot and they came down in the duck down Van, y'all remember it came down And.
Speaker 2: That's when it started.
Speaker 5: Man. That was two thousand and five when I first met these guys Sean Brice's birthday today, you know, this morning and the this whole week and month. I knew I had your brother's books. The one thing that I did is I went through the whole you know, duck down discography, right. And the one thing that I can say, it's you brothers never compromised at all, Like I'm trying to.
Speaker 6: Look for a commercial record, like I'm trying to go to the.
Speaker 2: North, but your mother.
Speaker 5: He need a glass too, He need a glass to calibrate, calibrate. But was that something that you guys did deliberally was like tvate soul good like.
Speaker 7: All honestly, honestly, we didn't know any better. We was learning how to make records when we first got with Black Moon, with watching him in Calliope studio, breaking all nighters, and we always used to say, yo, I'm not making a song for the chicks. I'm not making a club song, because that was how the labels used to say, Yo, we need this for the club, we need this for the radio, we need this for the chicks. So out of those three, it's just like now all we know how to do is make was what we love was pure to us, so we never really got trapped in that mindset like that.
Speaker 8: And then we also had females that was like, yo, what is like a girl? So like they they'll danced to like a mom deep song. They danced to a compona.
Speaker 2: They liked it. It was an era to you.
Speaker 9: They know the corner though.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying, peep it out, Like if you're not made like that, you're just making something trying to cater to us, They're gonna fall back, get up out of here that.
Speaker 5: So I'm involved myself in this a little bit, right. I remember me making the War Reporter album and I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Cross so far.
Speaker 5: I wanted Togas like, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that? That's me? Right?
Speaker 5: But I remember a tragedy and I called traged every year about this and I say, thank you for not let me make this record. I made a record call it was it was don't let it go to your head now, but originally it was I'm leaving, okay, so I'm leaving, which I eventually put on the Firm album. But had Trah let that record go, I would have never been on the Firm album. So Tras looked at me like this. This was the exact words. I will never forget it. We sampled like hapock. We don't sample like Diddy, So I was like, oh, he was like, this record is wack record.
Speaker 2: I was so happy when I kept calling nigga it wasn't right.
Speaker 5: But anyway, has there ever been a time where y'all brothers, because that was the baby between me and Copone, Like, was it anytime that.
Speaker 2: Y'all brothers, you wanted to go a certain way and he didn't want to go that way? Have happened? Yeah? We had Okay, we had a lot of time.
Speaker 7: Okay, it is definitely a song that was on this album that didn't like Yo, I'm not saying that I don't want that.
Speaker 2: That's not going to go. We came back like, yo, smoke, if you want to join on, take my verse off. I'm like, damn never you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 2: But I think it was. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean that's what brothers and partners do, right, because no one is the head. When you come together as a tag team, it's like some let's try this. If it don't work, we try that that don't work, then we revamped the whole join out right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now for you, these are two legends, all right. Is it hard for you to be in the studio with them? Yeah, I can't understand.
Speaker 5: You know, it's weird for me because not weird, but it's different from me because I'm born and raised in North Carolina and I sit in the and I sit in a weird position. I'm their age, close to the age, but in music years, I'm not their age.
Speaker 2: So it's their fan. I'm a fan.
Speaker 5: So while they were making records in the nineties, I was in college. I was doing this, I was doing that. So I got into the game. I got into the game when I was twenty eight twenty nine years old and considering a hip hop that's late, right, So now I'm getting in and now I have the task of how do I keep their sound and keep their feeling, but make it futuristic. You see what I mean. I call it futuristic nostalgia, That's what I call it. To keep that feeling their brand, because Smith Winston is a brand. It's not only a sound, it's a look, it's it's you know, the tams everything. So how do I keep that futuristic and modern at the same time not lose the fans that they've had for years. I think that people mess up when they do that. They just forget the old fans. You can't forget that, that's the foundation.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: So that's my job, Like I have to try to find a way because me living in North Carolina, I still live around the people I went to college with, so I know what they like and I know how to make what they need. So I sit in this position of I know how to make what I want to hear or what.
Speaker 2: A fan in me wants to hear.
Speaker 5: So that's that's how I can tackle that. That's what that's what's so beautiful about this album. It sounds like nineties.
Speaker 2: Now, which we said that coming and Pete Ruggers.
Speaker 5: It doesn't sound like it sounds like y'all now, which is which is so fucking dope, bro, Like I'm not gonna let y'all just do it.
Speaker 2: Is so really because it's umble, y'all going to be humble.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna go ahead and call it a classic right now.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to fight for that. I'm staying in the water.
Speaker 5: We Nail said, that's my product of sending on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, ninth is a Jedi man, of course.
Speaker 7: I think the very first day we walked in, we we were going in I wouldn't say blindly, but we didn't know what he was going to paint.
Speaker 2: On this canvas, right And when.
Speaker 7: We got down there because we traveled from the Yo, we took a real trip to North Carolina and stayed down there to put this together. As soon as we walked in, he was like, Yo, we're making a shining too, I don't care what you say, and Off the Mustle were like, Nah, we ain't. That's definitely not what we're doing right now. But the way things was coming out and coming together, the joints, and as soon as he was playing joints, he was like, Yo, that's that's that's the vibe right there.
Speaker 2: And I think we walked that bitch down and this is this is our road.
Speaker 3: But that's something y'all did a record with it all, I'm saying, but that somebody won entity like the Beat Miners Oversaw The All was the album.
Speaker 5: The album before this, Me and this whole council, my production team, meet Crisis cash He Jones and Eric g. The Great Knots soundtrack, The Young who did blackmince on this one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's right. I was like, you.
Speaker 5: Were making the shining. Not gonna call it the shining too, but that's what we gotta make. We have to make something that feels like that, but it's not doesn't sound old, it sounds new, something something right now.
Speaker 8: I think what helps is that these guys don't the egos is not there like or like like he's talking about being a fan, and I think each one of these individuals bring that that same energy and it's it's you know, it's competitive, but it's still healthy because you can go in any doing here somebody knocking beats like yo, who track is that?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 9: We need that over here and to bring that over here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So it's all welcoming and it's a family vibe. So it was free for us, which reminded us of us of the essence of being in like a D and D.
Speaker 2: So it was all we had to do was show up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Me for me hearing it, it sounds like you made old the records together, every record recall, because that's what And I hate just be like that guy in my time, but in my time, the records came out better because we were all in the studios together. We didn't want to send a two California. We wanted to bring that shit ourselves.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 5: For me hearing it, I have no inside information. For me hearing this album, I can almost tell that y'all recorded everything together.
Speaker 7: Any day, Okay, every day, Yeah, every day. I don't think Chef Jones. He ain't Chef up on this one, but yeah, but yeah, every day we was in there. And Knife is he's a real producer, he says.
Speaker 3: Fan.
Speaker 7: I'm definitely a fan of his work from before I even you know, really caught on to how dope he was. And he's one of those producers that's just gonna not let you go in there and talk any bullshit or go off this way. He's gonna make sure you in the pocket. He's gonna give his his his input, he's gonna give you his criticism. And if you don't got tough skin, you think you're not ship, you can't be touched, You're gonna your feeling's gonna be hurt. But Knife is one of those producers that's hands on with it. Like even with this album, we all help with the sequence of it because you know he DJ so listening to a different air, we covering different bases.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But even the verses from Prodigy and Sean Pete sounded like they recorded with you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying for this, like they seemed like they was meant to be on this. They were.
Speaker 7: They were When the first time we heard the beat for the Black Imminence, he was like, you know, I can hear Pee on this, So we automatically what Pete Sean p Nah, I'm like, oh, we already got a Prodigy versus because we did a whole tour with Mob Deep and you know, we was building our bond outside of Wrap being my bestie was just Ta she passed from Tickle Sale, so he was giving me a lot of feet in my soul with information about it, and I would take it back to her and we'll chop it up with her mother and we'll just smile and laugh and be like yo. So that's sort of the inspiration behind on the Infinity, because she would speak with such passion to a mom to be like, yo, we I love you from infinity and beyond. So that was some of the inspiration, but not to get on track when he spoke about the Prodigy, he hear it. It automatically reconnected and it was God's time and to be once we had the perfect backdrop forward to put it on. We just picked up our brains by brushes and it.
Speaker 2: Was in that mix man to make it.
Speaker 3: That's Jake the lumber crazy because you could get people that are alive today and recording separate suits.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna sound like that.
Speaker 9: That's and salute the Bernardette Price too, because.
Speaker 2: You know we correct. Indeed, she clear, she clear. Happy birthday seance again again. I don't know if I ever said the story.
Speaker 5: I think I did, but I would tell you I write a show Price to a barbecue and he came to the barbecue, but it was on Rabinad.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. He was like, I'm on. I was like, you got to He's a very unique, very unique Verson.
Speaker 7: He was one of us that speak speak their mind all the time and what you thought about, and he was like one of those persons that's very sincere, so it might be taken in the wrong way.
Speaker 2: And then at the same time he was hilarious. Yeah, he's the love.
Speaker 5: Another moment was just recently you guys just had a release party and Buster Rhymes came out and gave her like, like, how was that to see your your Elder statesman like show that love and respect to you guys.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's that's a phenomenal thing, because I think it is any artists once you get into the game, that's one of your main goals besides getting money get in the bag, is to be accepted and liked for what you do by your peers. I think that topples a lot of the accolades where it comes to awards and everything. Like when you hear Primo say, Yo, you got dope beats. So you hear a super hot rapper that you like, be like, yo, that's ship.
Speaker 2: You said balls.
Speaker 7: That's now you're like, okay, so what that is is, oh man, it was Buster as our man. Salute the dragging him and Young Trillion. They gotta joint out. It's rocking right now. So, like you said, the Elder Statesman, man, when it's come from people like that, it is respected by the people.
Speaker 2: That's the audience is received well. And it ain't.
Speaker 7: It ain't coming off as no no Dick Roding type ship.
Speaker 2: You know, nobody.
Speaker 9: Let me add on know, because because that's that's important.
Speaker 8: Because you said earlier, you said, I feel like nineties now right in the nineties, we always fucking with each other, like we always hustling, and hustle was enough room in l worked space for us to rock. And just seeing him do that now in this current this current environment, it's like it's a lot of it's a lot of animosity in the game right now.
Speaker 9: It's a lot of mind mind mind in the game right now.
Speaker 8: So to see him because he got an album out too, the Equalox, you know what I mean, Dragon Season, So for him he could be like, nah, I ain't I ain't even stepping out from him to come.
Speaker 2: Through like that.
Speaker 8: It just shows that that artists can have solidarity in his time, but you get money, we can have fun with celebrate and longevity. We all we all been here, We were all from the ninety five alumni.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Castill try to leave us out the books and all that, but we gotta we gotta maintain our mark. But that's why we wear tims all seasons for ask kicking reasons.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's that's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Dam Remember, So I want to ask y'all. We already said mab d Yeah who was some of the two men group.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you guys will want to work.
Speaker 8: See I'm glad you said that because the Queens was last night Queens get the Money and Senegal Smith was like, yo, or the next thing we gotta do is they mentioned EP M D.
Speaker 2: Wait, Wait versus and that like that. No, no, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 9: You're talking about list because like, yo, what's.
Speaker 2: Next after this? Because you got ain't nowhere after this? Right?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, we're saying what artists you said duos?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, Yo, I'm gonna say see and then first but that was my you know, that's seeing then I could seem d you know what I'm saying, Like we got songs with we got a song with Prodigy, we got.
Speaker 9: A song with Hat, but not a song with Mob.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 9: It's like it's a couple out there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: We do got the m O P joint though we got the m O P.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a few out there.
Speaker 5: Who produced the period.
Speaker 9: Now that's beat money, that's beat.
Speaker 2: A remix.
Speaker 9: Okay, shut up to beat mister wall be word up and.
Speaker 5: What's what what for you?
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 5: What would be an ultimate production? And I'm gonna ask you Jet alive, how about how about that? Yeah, let's deeto alive.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 5: If God came to you and said you get to produce for anybody? Body Dad all live people bring him out the grave and no problem.
Speaker 2: Marvin Gaye.
Speaker 5: I I was just about to say, margag I know, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, live alive.
Speaker 5: I'm running out of people, Bro, that's tough. You know what alive? Jadakis? Mm hmm, Jada, you've never worked with no man. We see you needs to be basketball cat like me, and we see each other All Star every week. Every year we'll go to the NBA All Stars like we're gonna get up. We're gonna get up, and we never do with Jadakis, but his his son, No, his son is nice man, His son is nice.
Speaker 2: But ja Ja, I would love it.
Speaker 5: I never I would have lost money.
Speaker 2: I would have thought.
Speaker 5: Jadakis and Redman, Redman don't smoke weed no more.
Speaker 2: He different different, he's still yeah, he's still.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's crazy to different guy. He's doing pull up, he's doing that.
Speaker 2: Came into the game Scott diving with red Man.
Speaker 5: Dam but let me say something that Busters said in that speech. He said, because we excelled in life, not only in this game.
Speaker 2: Did you did you do you you realize?
Speaker 5: Which one? What what you guys mean to the game? That's one, and then too like how far we you have k.
Speaker 8: We talk about it. It's not about I don't know, I won't say we realize it or whatever. We talk about it. We discuss it, but we face so much adversity, you know what I mean. So it's like, I mean, we've been paying dues for a long time and we still are like we out here on our own grind.
Speaker 9: This is an independent grind, that's right.
Speaker 8: I mean, shout out to Drew Idh and James, but we're out here with the queens right now. We're out here with queens. Get the money, Senegal Smith, you know what I mean. And the brother came up for this and it's like we're putting this together and it reminds us like what we was doing then we had a little independent label paying for the overhead and the flights.
Speaker 9: But we're doing this now, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 8: So it feels although it's heavy, you know, it's like, all right, we look at it and go like we earned to own our own our ship. So that's what it feels like. And it's like this would it comes with being the boss. Boss, not the looks and all of that, like he said, the accolades and all that, Like this one comes to being the boss the hard work, so that part of it is like it feels great. And then to be able to sit around the table with brothers like y'all, like yo, man, you know, so you're.
Speaker 5: Fully own the masters on this.
Speaker 2: This is our ship, and I think you getting your masters back. On another anniversary.
Speaker 7: Thirty five years, we did the Monarch in Brooklyn for the thirty year anniversary of Sean.
Speaker 2: It ain't no more. It ain't no more Big six, no more.
Speaker 8: And the labels got to realize, like we made them mad bread. You know what I mean, break bread. We ain't asking you to break bread. We're saying break bread, like we don't. We don't have to give valid attack moor, nothing like that. It's sensible to go, all right, I had your project for thirty five years, like yeah, let the guy if you want to sell it, let the man sell it. Let it have that's who talking about legacy stuff, right, Let him pass it on to his family. Your family done went through college or for the Shawn screen, I mean things of that nature. So it's like here we are two hundred and sixty degrees back home, putting out our eighth album together.
Speaker 9: We've been together the whole journey.
Speaker 2: The whole no break. We want to know, no none of that crazy.
Speaker 8: We want to stand on our foundations, special West and our own this.
Speaker 9: I own that.
Speaker 8: It's not like give me my give my ship back. It's like what else do you we talk about?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Like this is we created that. We are the intellectual property. So as we walk around, we we're sharing this with these guys. So we were helping you make money and it's only right to go. Yo, we own that ship. Yeah, break as me on that salute the duck down, you know what I mean? Lutha Bucktown you say we yeah the commission?
Speaker 9: Baby?
Speaker 2: Did you hear r Kelly new record? That makes sense?
Speaker 5: Talking about those He's like about like he's like where did all this money go?
Speaker 2: Like that for thirty something years?
Speaker 5: He said thirty something years? Like it reminded me like I was like, wait a minute, I was getting stuff he was, I thought, nigga, he got a video on everything and he's ah everywhere.
Speaker 10: I didn't see the video video talks, but we want your other to know.
Speaker 5: Stores about giving people their flowers or they could smell them. They thoughts where they could tell them that he drinks, they can them. Yeah, y'all got y'all flowers and you guys are.
Speaker 2: Yo yo you never got so.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah yo, I'm gonna tell you like when when when when text screenshot it when you hit him on the ground. Yes, I'm like, wow, that's real, man, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna heard that album.
Speaker 5: I couldn't hold back. I was like, this is my idea, was like I need y'all on, you know, because start to cutting you off so silly, like not because you are my friends, not because I got a relationship with y'all, but when I'm sitting there and I'm just listening, and I'm like, this is how if I was to come back and make music, I would have to make an album that I appreciate that you know, have to like be in that alley of that because I was just like, damn, I really miss hip hops out like you heard it so long, almost crying like.
Speaker 8: It's challenging because you don't know how people are going to accept it, right, So it's like we want that to happen because it's like we could have gave up, you know what I mean. It was tough, like we was like all right, uh, but then his brother's like Drew and brothers like him to have a conversation and go Yo.
Speaker 9: The guys is hungry.
Speaker 8: They want to go back to work, like we We could be looking around, fishing around, but we got guys that believe in us, so we got to be ready to work, you know what I mean. So when we put that forward, were like, all right, man, hopefully you get a little bit and y'all fall in love with this again because we love it. That's why we kept going, you know what I mean. And the ladies that's pushing us, they're like, yo, man, we're going to the Grammys this year, like you gotta. We're not even thinking about that before one think about that stuff. We're just trying to get raps, get our money, keep it moving, get our a little bit of things and stuff, keep it pushing.
Speaker 9: But it's like a right, we still here. Wow, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 9: So we got to make something that's substantial and.
Speaker 7: Just to add on, I think that comes with a lot of artists like you. You you do fall out of love with it because the business be so manipulated, y is, sometimes you have to find other ways to do it. And I think for us would really help with this album is we left outside of New York, outside of the conference zone and actually traveled to his home. Like you said, it brought back the feeling of recording and D and D like you know how it would be going when you come through there.
Speaker 5: That was one of my questions because in my notes, that's that was one thing that I literally said I was jealous of y'all about because I could feel that y'all still was loving it. And at times, if I don't love this ship, you ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna do it. So when I'm listening, that's what I was listening, not the country.
Speaker 7: We were just listening to what the CNN album, and we were just talking about love and he gave the perfect line like when you said, Yoop, I didn't want to make that's real, that's ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So so that was something that I really paid attention to this album, and I listened to you guys voice you're breathing, and I couldn't tell that y'all felt out of that.
Speaker 2: So when me hearing you say that just.
Speaker 5: Now actually brings something something warm to my heart because I.
Speaker 2: Know I'm not alone now.
Speaker 5: But like so, so now let me ask that question straight up? Have you ever really felt out of love with damn?
Speaker 7: Like like this is this is a stand of time and a testament like this ship should be studied. We got thirty years in the music industry and more than that is friendship as brotherhood. So you never see nothing on social media. You never say it's taking no cheap shots at each other, not a lonely us, but of any boot camp. So and then you see Drew and you see how we keep pushing forth. But there's been times that came up of you like man, fuck this shit alright, you know what I mean, especially when you see a lot of things that dangle in front of your face and you be like, yo, if I just did this, then it can possibly go that way. But then now I'm chucking out my morals and principles to do. So now you have to find something. And I think it was more of what the inspiration came and being in the joint for a numerous amount of years.
Speaker 2: They help you find, refine the love, and get reve.
Speaker 8: I want to add on too, like salute our brothers. That's here ever in Convertible Bird. But when we listen to the album, like it just speaks to our testament, like for thirty years being in the streets as artists and being next to criminals doing crime myselves at times and being like, you know, that's part of that is part of the unfortunately, that's the part of the blueprint of most African Americans coming up in in this North America. Like we know the lingo, we know the slang, we know we know the hustle talk, we know all of this, but some of us find a way to do something a little bit different, like whether it's rap or basketball or like through rap, we've created other avenues through rap. So it's like we didn't know that initially, but we like, if this is a hustle world, let's do that. So we speak into our testament, and through our testament we start to grow and travel and know that we got more in common with people in different places and we can have more brought up conversations and it's like all right, what is our responsibility?
Speaker 9: We can tell you some of the things that we messed up at.
Speaker 8: So when you see some of these brothers, they can tell you some of the things where they did as hustlers in the streets and the time that they did as opposed to listening to an artist to talk about a glorifying drug dealing at this particular time, at this particular age and glorifying things that just gets you murdered out.
Speaker 9: Hell, get you just gone.
Speaker 8: We want to see you live and we talk that that's real rap, right, God, you know what I mean. I want the same thing for you that I want for me. I want a better life. Like it's not just enough to dangle something in front of your face because we still live out here with wolves, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's real. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you guys could make a classic album like this unless you have those trials and tribulations that something.
Speaker 5: But the fact I couldn't, I couldn't feel it, Like I couldn't feel them falling out of love. That that's that's dope. You know what I'm saying. Like I felt like you know what I'm saying, Like I felt like you never had fell out of love. He fell back back to make it out. Yes, I had learned to relearn. That's so that's why I'm gonna come and hit you off. I mean, for me, I never unfortunately for that, I've never fell out of love with it. And probably and probably the reason why that helped me because I lived in North Carolina and I've never lived anywhere else. And so therefore, the music that came out of New York, the music that came out of Atlanta, the music came out of l A or any other city that just permeated hip hop music before we started to make it ourselves. I left hip hooper fantasy for me, like I never wanted to get get too close to it because I thought, if I get too close to it and I get familiar with it, and then I get out of it, you know. But living living where I live, it's like, nah, like you maintained the fan and I maintained the fan.
Speaker 2: Wasn't your beef of a QUI vot some Grammy ship? No, let me.
Speaker 6: Tell you, in a Grammy community, you received a lot of slack from being on that take more than people think. Even with that though, No, like you know, at one point I was on the committee. But the thing about that was I was calling people to be on it with me, and some people say yes and some people said no.
Speaker 2: And that's just how that went.
Speaker 11: But explain people to be on the voting committee. It's an actual voting community. The way it was it changed again. So the RAP Committee, I knew. I knew he was going to ask you. He had this before.
Speaker 5: I'm curious, ye know, the Rap Committee was the Gramm has never had a Rap committee, never had one. So the Rap Committee started in twenty sixteen seventeen, wrapped in R and B was combined at one point that right exactly. So RAP got its own committee in twenty seventeen, and so we were all on the committee together.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 5: But if you had to clear that up, if you had a if you were on an album, had anything to do with an album, it was like conflict interest.
Speaker 2: So you couldn't.
Speaker 5: Vote for yourself, saying, you know, you can't vote for yourself.
Speaker 2: I would have voted found that just not for yourself.
Speaker 5: You can't vote if the song, if albums are up, you just can't have any sale.
Speaker 2: What happened area that category?
Speaker 5: That you're in the category in the year that so Damn by Kendrick Lamar four four four by Jay Z and Layla's Wasn't Boy Rap City.
Speaker 2: You're kind of flexing right now.
Speaker 5: Just get you produced it Layla's Wisdom, I did Duckworth on Damn and I was on I was my label, Jamler has a partnership Rock Nation, So it's conflict all crossed all Ower.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I can do.
Speaker 5: But even with the Tribe album, at the time, you have to submit the album to what you feel like the category needs to be in. And at the time the Tribe album by their label was submitted as a not as a it was urban contemporary.
Speaker 2: It wasn't submitted as a right.
Speaker 5: And this has happened before, even even on the committee a couple of times. The Flowers album by Tyler created, they tried to say that was an alternative album and they try to take it away from hip hop.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting in the room with all.
Speaker 5: These people that speech right, Okay, I'm sitting room with all these hip hop all these non hip hop people telling them telling them how hip hop is like you can't pegg it. It was like, well, it has instrumental, I said, So it's a quick not goddamn it, you know what I mean, Like, what are we talking about? So you got to get they said, because of instruments, because it sounded musical. So you gotta you gotta think how people look at our music outside. Yeah, not even that, just just nothing intricate and nothing genius.
Speaker 2: People like like you and knows me absolutely nothing wrong.
Speaker 5: I only did it for two years. I'm not Yeah, but I don't see nothing wrong with that. Why why were people critiquing you? And I'm outside looking at this inside of looking out, so but why were people critiquing you because of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, but I wasn't the only one.
Speaker 5: I mean it was it was some serious hip hop lement because I felt like, if we're going to do that, come.
Speaker 2: Off not for real.
Speaker 5: But I had some people in the room that was some of my I looked at as Ogz, So I'm thinking, is if we're gonna have a rap being judged by somebody, why not being judged by the creators and somebody else.
Speaker 2: So so that's what it was.
Speaker 5: And and and when Tribe didn't make it, Q Tip got online and you know, I called him, and I'm like, dog, like, what are you doing? What's happening right now? So but I mean, it's that's my brother man, Like I wouldn't be here as a producer sampling all different types as a kid in here that he asked me about the one of the joint side and sample on Duckworth for Kendrick Lamar, and it's a it's a you go slip me a record. I'm not looking outside of jazz and soul to sample if it was not for q Tip, right, I'm not doing it. Q Tip is the originator of looking outside of soul and jazz.
Speaker 2: Cool to see Q Tip do a little.
Speaker 5: Bit mad, that was kind of cool, Like I was like, you sweat he was mad, but you know, but we talked about it. But Q Tip is the architect of the last one of the architects of the last thirty five years of hip hop man.
Speaker 7: And it's just dope to have somebody like Night, That's what I'm saying that has that inside. Yeah, because you would have never known that. You always think, Yo, my my work is so dope. Why am I not getting nominated in these.
Speaker 3: And changed and your category changed after day and you stepped away from it as well.
Speaker 2: So you know what, ntil recent years, a lot.
Speaker 5: Of people didn't know that you had to actually submit your album for it. So if you don't submit it, so a lot of people thought they were snubbed, when in fact, a lot of us didn't know that you had the.
Speaker 2: Label to submit it for them. Maybe they didn't.
Speaker 5: It's changed since then, but from twenty seventeen to twenty look at the albums that were nominated.
Speaker 2: Freddy Gibbs was nominated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's kind of like Jay Electronica was nominated nas you know what I mean, Like they're coming around, they come yeah, Yeah, Nipsey Hustle Chronica is nominated for that the album he did with Jay. Oh shit, Okay, all that was nominated at that time. So even the year that that that, Kendrick Damn was nominated at four four four it was Damn Rhapsody, jay Z, the Migos and Tyler created. That's all of hip hop you're looking at, and that's what that's what we wanted to do at that time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what it was. And now let me ask.
Speaker 5: All three of y'all something, and I'll start from you, do you think our generation and I'm clue to myself. Do you think our generation is getting the love that we deserve?
Speaker 2: Yes, our generation.
Speaker 7: The mid nineties, I think it's starting to pick up. They're they're noticing it more from you can say, from when they started, when they did the fifty Year of Hip Hop, because they had the big shows and you were seeing artists that you haven't seen and you forgot about come out and touch these stages. And then once NAS did the Yankee Stadium that that bigged it up. I think there are certain artists that's getting their flowers and just getting recognized from being still in the game making dope music. Because it's still some artists that was bullshit back then that's still bullshit like that. So the ones that supposed to getting noticed I think are getting noticed. And it's still a couple of us is trickling and they're opening up the doors.
Speaker 5: What you take, Knife, I said, Yeah, I think it depends on who you ask. If you ask people my age, a little bit younger, a little bit older, yes, if you as a fourteen year old, I wouldn't expect you know what I mean. So I think that's what it is that we sometimes we forget to ask to cast my age. That's why I say I sent the advantageous position. We got to make sure that we can't forget that. When when I was making this album, sad to say, I wasn't thinking about a fourteen year old, you know what I mean, first thing I'm thinking about is and there's no lie, what is Brooklyn gonna think? That's the number at that I was thinking about what is Brooklyn going to because I have to make Brooklyn happy first, not only Brooklyn, but the age who's living in Brooklyn. Now, now the music gets passed down. Cool, but I just don't think we can forget about the first generation of hip hop consumers and that's.
Speaker 2: What we are. That was deep. Yeah, I got to ask you.
Speaker 8: I I think as far as Smith and western Man, I've seen a couple of things that had me upset.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 8: Like as far as like being left out of certain people, I've seen like hip hop history books of ninety five and artists of Brooklyn, Like, you can't do a book like that and not have Smith and Weston name in.
Speaker 2: It based on Brooklyn. They left from Western.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's specifically Brooklyn.
Speaker 8: I know it was about history during that time artists like yeah, like Golden era artists, nineties and stuff like that, you know what I mean. I don't even think Black Moon was in there either, So like somebody from the family gotta make it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: But more importantly than that, like just to the point of like Buster did, like we got to show that it's cool, like we we can't allow the the corporations and the dollars and what we aspire to do like split us apart, like we make the bread, you know what I mean. We can negotiate what we have because we can walk to the table and be like, well I got a song with Nori and I got song all all, like we did that last night. So who want to pay for that?
Speaker 2: Oh meat? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So it's like, well you said that, you know, bid and walk put something on the table. So when we come come to the offices with that, like we actually don't have to ask for anything, you know what I mean. It's like we have like we're distributed by duck Down, but we're the label. You know, we're Smith and Wesson is free agents. Like who's running around like we could do anything else? But because we love it and because we love the fans, and we we actually performing for fourteen year olds, were actually taking this album more tour. We did a thirty day tour. It's like we're performing for man, woman, and child. It's like it's like a renewal. It's like, wow, hold up, like you a thirty year old came, He's like, yo, this is my son. He's fifteen. Parents as my mom came, he's like, my son, he's thirteen. And then we just started doing the knowledge like wait a minute, hold up.
Speaker 2: The parents be a good parent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hip hop gonna be and it don't look like the hip hoppers, Like how is that hip hoppers supposed to look?
Speaker 2: This is?
Speaker 8: This is hip hop is just part of a musical culture, right, It's a big whole thing.
Speaker 9: It's part of all of this stuff.
Speaker 8: It has soul in, it has funking, it has folken, it everything, and it's like, you know, it makes people moves like everything else. So it shouldn't be carted away and thrown away. Because Casts is forty five and Cast is this age. If you're give him something the substance, we should appreciate it. You know what I'm saying I grew up on Chuck d I ain't know he was my elder. I ain't know how old he was or whatever. Like you know, like even sugar Hill Cats, but like and that's going to like using uh instruments, you know, before sampling.
Speaker 2: But even like all.
Speaker 3: Those sugar Hill records, they were they had a band playing right, right. But but to speak to what we're talking about, that's the void that we tried to fill in terms of like you know, shouldn't light.
Speaker 2: But look, I.
Speaker 5: Look, I look and listen to your album. I'm like, yo, this is exactly what we needed, right. I look at bustera rohms. I look at Cameron, but he's doing his thing. I look at Mace, I look at everybody, and it's like, yo, you know, it's a lot more of us from this generation that's actually sustaining and living. I can't name five new artists and I'm not I'm not being the old nigga.
Speaker 2: I listened to the radio too. I got Spotify all that dumb ship. Yeah, I got every world.
Speaker 5: But what I'm trying to say is I can name and I'm not trying to this is the generation. But it's always better to have that longevity than to have that cool quick points. Here's the deal, right, And I want to ask all.
Speaker 2: Three of y'all.
Speaker 5: I didn't feel like I got embraced by genervation, like my elder statesman at one boy was mean niggas.
Speaker 2: Let's just make me. I don't want to say that.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure y'all went through the same one lot because because at first, and and I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna say and I admit this, at first, when you were to meet Melly Mellon, people like that, they wouldn't That's look he put.
Speaker 2: His head down.
Speaker 5: You know he knew this pick up me. But you know, like that you have to earn that right to get Melly Meller fi Like it's been years before I gave Mellie Mellow.
Speaker 2: Melly miller On this place.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is now I appreciate that then I did, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like then I did.
Speaker 5: I didn't feel really and I realized that a lot of the other statements back then were like that.
Speaker 2: They were like they wanted you to prove yourself.
Speaker 5: I don't feel I've ever done that to a younger generation, like like made them prove themselves. But I don't be feeling obligated to talk to them how I wanted them to talk to me.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 7: As a psychiatrist, I think that goes again, like you said, it depends on who you asked, because I think right now that's the disconnect between the Wayians and our generation like these these a lot of niggers. They only respect the bag and then if you got the bag, then and their gang gang and a nigga will yes Man you to death, will Big Bro you to death if you've got the bag, and this nigga be twenty years older than you. But I think that's what the disconnect from the Wayians or today in the generation because we didn't, like you said, we ain't know the eldest at one time, they was looking at us like you saying, we're looking at them. So we had to learn how to even maneuver to get that respect and then to reply that expect to make them want to come aboard and be like yo, o gee, I see what you're doing or I get it. That's why we talk to like what's the name of the joint the crossroads in Brooklyn?
Speaker 2: We go into these jails.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if we go into the youth prisons before they really get caught up and swept away in it and try to I'm not saying our way is the right way, or you better do it this way or you're going to be fucked up and go to jail.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you hear.
Speaker 7: Now, learn from that experience, and now look what we can offer you or do together to show you how to move on. We ain't got to be best friends and hang out every day, but just to show you and to be like, yo, this is how you maneuver and you can get out and you could do other things. That's what it disconnect lies for a lot of the Waiians and this generation.
Speaker 8: And you gotta and just like you asked, you said, are you wrong? Like I think part of it you're not wrong, but if you ask the question, and you probably are. You know what I'm saying, Because you want to say something, You want to say something, but it's like like even you know, like I grew up, I grew up around you know, as a young and like like even eight years old, like I had to, I had to earn the respect of the elders.
Speaker 2: You can't just talk to me so you're not wrong for that.
Speaker 8: Like dudes, and like you said, the wayans is like they they sometimes people want to skip the line. It's like there's things you gotta do to get here, and we and as the eldest, you're not wrong for wanting them to kind of like yo, respect that you can't sit here yet you gotta stay over there, even coming up in the crib kids, not to say kids and all of that, but it's like it's things you got to learn, you shit. And even for us, like when we saw Black Moon in the studio, we wasn't like, yo, let's get into yo hear my sixteen Like it's times when we be in the studio, I think it's becoming in the studio be like yo, son spit something like I don't want to hear that ship right now.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 8: So I might seem like I might seem like wrong at the moment I'm supposed to be schooling you and in the way I am, but that's not the one. That's not the version you want. So sometimes you got to give them that tough love. We came this far, you know what I mean, not to just give freebies away, like we chopped down all these trees to build land on, you know, the build on this land, not just to come have squatters here and be like nah, old snap, now this is your good.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 8: So in that response and that in that regards, it's our responsibility to give you some gems because we was there when when we didn't get gyms, we was the we we're the reflection of that cross roads where we didn't get the gyms.
Speaker 9: Everybody was like, yeah, let.
Speaker 8: Me see what you're gonna do, a little nigga, you know what I'm saying. So so so we we we can do that. Or because he's a professor, he's given school you know what I mean, schooling people on. People want that information, don't just put it on the on the on the social media and it gets mixed up and all construed by people who don't really know the culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for me, I've been a university professor for the last twenty years or nineteen years see currently now Duke University, and soversion for the last the whitest of the whitest school out.
Speaker 2: Sound like.
Speaker 5: I teach you the African The African American Studies program hard with the number two African American Studies program in the country, but number two in the country. I think for me, man, you know, passing the torch is important. How you do it is up to you. I've never had a problem with anybody younger than me because this generation now grew up listening to my beasts on YouTube. So it's just it's different from me. So for the you know, although he's not young anymore. For the little yachties I talked to from time to time from made in Tokyo that I talked to even at one point ten years ago, Kendrick, you know, I was a young nigger.
Speaker 2: Cole was a young nigger. Drake was a young nigger.
Speaker 5: Nipsey, Hustle, Rest and Peace, mac Miller, all the ones I kind of, you know, talked to over.
Speaker 2: Time, and you know they're doing that thing now.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've always been a teachabook type person, so I'm always gonna talk to them about something regardless of give them some type of because because I truly believe there's a difference between the elder and the old nigga, and we got too many old niggas. We need elders. We need elders to pass down whatever. It's tough. Love for any kind of love because some of these kids ain't never had no love of any kind.
Speaker 2: So that's that's how I look at art, and I.
Speaker 3: Think there's generationally there's things that could be learned both ways. Yeah, but understanding because the newer generation it is instant gratification, right old generation, the analog generation understands pain dues.
Speaker 2: You got to figure out how you mentioned.
Speaker 8: It right there to have a conversation, right and see here we are like this is this is across those right here because this is the table, Like you think we're gonna come here and everything is a party party, like like what the homie Gilly said, Uh, we we respected and looked up to the hustling.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 8: Most of us knew our position, like we might have dipped our toe in there and knew like that first dragon snap was like I means, let me reposition myself.
Speaker 9: So it's like it's the gratification.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not rap though it's not like let me wrap and get the bag and then if I got competition, let me wipe them off the planet. Like it's it could be structured in a way. Where as as you know, like we we had things like Jack the Rapper and how can I be down like.
Speaker 2: There is there is no gage. Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 8: It was consistent enough for us to have these conversations and get to know who's the next artist.
Speaker 2: And you physically when you physically.
Speaker 8: Instagram so that it takes away from it takes away from the feeling of it, but it's still there and it's still opportunities to have it when we have places like this.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Do you think that the whole crew.
Speaker 5: Are all the illest crew to ever do it? I mean when you think about all the layers to the label, like that is that is.
Speaker 8: The layers I look up I aspired, like you know, I like the wool Man. I like how they did it. Man like w Tang blueprint.
Speaker 2: Is always the yard versus against verse. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: Would ask, oh man, that'll be.
Speaker 2: Against red and gold.
Speaker 5: You know I got I got goosebumps again.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 5: Just don't think though, and I love Wan. I think the who Tang is the greatest super group ever symbol. However, I don't think there's many crews out there that if you look at a Timberland, you think of them first. When I look at a Timbland shoot boot I think of boot camp first because it's one thing to be a crew, but it's another thing to happen. And now I'm talking like the kid when I was in college, let's go. It's one thing to have a group a crew, but it's another thing to have a slang. The way they spelled stuff like it wasn't clappers, it was clap us.
Speaker 2: You know, it's one thing that have all even slip.
Speaker 3: The West, we're still sucking up the one that that's.
Speaker 5: Everything that comes with the boot camp clok it came with it, fatigue, you know what I mean, just wearing fatigues, like everything that comes with whether they made it up as they're going along or whatever it is, it is connected to this crew of people. And there's not too many crews in hip hop that has it.
Speaker 2: So I mean, that's that's legacy right there. Yeah, and that day come over, the night.
Speaker 8: We were going that we spent time with each other because we didn't have no elders, right we like it's like Buckshot act like the old man salute the buck, you know what I mean. It's like he had he's a visionary and he's not just a rap guy. It's like he sees things. He's like, I want to put this here. I want to start seeing the pieces. So it's like, all right, we we knew we had meetings with like certain words we can't use, you know, and we started sounding too much like the red You mean, like we're going to tone that down a little bit.
Speaker 9: Certain words you can't rhyme with.
Speaker 8: And you know, ranks is important, and rewards and penalties, all these things is important. We trained each other structure. Yeah, we got a structure, and you know, we were still wild. We were still young and youthful and we it's a lot of things that we didn't know. Like you know, Drew High is great because he didn't try to row us when it was time to get through paperwork, which is important again because we never signed no contracts with these guys, right, Like we never signed to duck down.
Speaker 2: So it's like nobody ain't nobody.
Speaker 8: You can say that, like when you talk about the layers of it, like I don't know nobody else situation, But we have what we had and we built it on how we built it, and I'm grateful for that because we have that bond that you know, I guess helps us to continue because we know it's still more ship to get absolutely you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying that that that's loyalty rights, has been no discrepancies.
Speaker 2: And things like that. Yeah, that's that's something to be proud of. Man. Well, we're going to do quick time slides.
Speaker 3: Let's go man, all right, cool, honey, we need a doesn't drinker first, some some things come on.
Speaker 2: Oh we're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go over the rules. I think you guys know the rules. We'll give you two choices. Listening, yep, two choices. Pick one. We're not drinking if you if you say both or neither of the politically correct.
Speaker 2: Answer, then we all drink. So both did.
Speaker 3: No, No, no, both Like if you don't answer, if you don't pick, we drink. And that's basically what it like. I thought that both was you didn't have to drink last time. No, no, both is drinking and neither is drinking. Pick Okay, we're not drinking. Really, it's just about bringing up names. It's not to be found of nobody or nothing.
Speaker 9: I'm drinking some some some marriage. You want to juiced by my my girl, my sister.
Speaker 2: And but but we got something he gonna take a couple shots.
Speaker 5: On you on your behalt. Yes, all right, so I'm starry.
Speaker 2: He volunteered for the Winter im Shining though. We got up. We got whatever you want.
Speaker 5: We got okay, yeah, because you know you're gonna be politically correct, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: See you take it from the bottle. You know what, I might have to start with fun, y'all? Fuck it? Okay, jay Z or Big Daddy King, as far as whatever, whatever.
Speaker 5: The crack in your whatever criteria, you.
Speaker 2: Could have liked the haircut, whatever, whatever it is. Damn they both steyning niggas too, man, short shots from how to not be Niggas know not. I'm just being someone from Brooklyn. Drink. So let's go. You got to shot. You know what are you drinking? Champagne? Nag champagne? That vodka? Okay, I'll do vodka. Let's do yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing, I'll do vodka. Fucking We got to kill. We have to kill all we got you could we have?
Speaker 7: That ain't real to kill. I don't like, no, it's not. That's because I'm saying you want fucking I do vodka.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're taking the shotow right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's all right, let's get it this little shot, all right, because what did we say? Both both? Yeah, but I ain't gonna lie to you. See big Daddy Cane, I'll be telling him, you know my bushes because yeah, kid, I come out and tell my busher no on my bushy eyebrows.
Speaker 7: Let me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was that kid, and.
Speaker 5: I had the flat top to my ship. Ain't kind of a flat. It didn't quite flat, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was getting there, Scarface of ice Cube, that's not that's that's that is you all the way? So you all the way. That's tough. He said, that's easy. That shouldn't be easy. Really good at it? Scarface? Is there a time of yees? Any reason?
Speaker 5: Mind playing tricks on me? The greatest greatest mental health song ever made? It is, that's what else said that. Yes, I didn't even know that it was a mental.
Speaker 2: Health song, all right. Tupac and d m X.
Speaker 9: Tupac man.
Speaker 2: Any stories though, guys, of course they got story, they got stories.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know it's the lies personal, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like I bet Tupac moms Man, Feenie's Peace and Queen, like I see like I feel like that's my brother, you know what I mean, Like I feel like his mom's is my auntie, like like.
Speaker 9: Like his spirit like I was.
Speaker 8: I could say he's a panther, but it's it's more than that, you know what I mean. I could see a dude that's trying to find his place, going from place to place and like just trying to tell people how dope they are and then being angry that motherfuckers don't want to listen to it, like his whole struggle. I feel that, you know what I mean, He put that in. He put that out there for us in so many different ways. Like you know, X Man is exus crazy, but Pocket is that guy.
Speaker 2: Man? Where do I begin? Do I get with the story first?
Speaker 7: Or I picked the who I say first? Over the story of Pocket? I used to have when when he was filming? Which one was he doing off the rim when we was out there? When we was out there, I think it might have been BULLETEDAD related. So we would come from the studio to the movie set, back and forth, and every day every morning, like four thirty five, they.
Speaker 2: Were bust into my room. You'll take I got this, I got this, put this restaurant, this go shooting like your pockets like the morning. What is wrong with you? Shoot? Oh my god, I'm like your pot. I'm not putting on a vest standing nowhere. We're not shooting nothing that.
Speaker 7: Shoot the gun. No, he had a vest. I had a vest, big like, nah, we can't do this. And I think I had him stop smoking cigarettes for like a week.
Speaker 2: He was heavy.
Speaker 7: He was heavy. I had him stopping for like a week. But uh, X is a different animal too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I think I will. I think I will go with X.
Speaker 5: You're gonna drink just because y'all disagree, they cancel each other out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cancel each other.
Speaker 7: Wait if you disagree, drink is my sad brother?
Speaker 2: Man? Yeah, Mom deep or m O p o, No, you can't do it. Can't drink drink? I would just drink.
Speaker 9: I can't I drank, but.
Speaker 2: Can I of course? Mom deep over m O p.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this and people get mad when I say this, and there's no this, nobody at this table. This is how I feel. This is my opinion. The Infamous is the greatest New York rap I've ever made.
Speaker 7: God right here, right here.
Speaker 5: Because I agree and disagree, let me take a shop of that.
Speaker 2: You agree and disagree. Yes, because in a lot of ways it makes no sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't make sense. It doesn't understand where you're coming from. But for me, the matic is up there. Personally, it's illmatic right something. But for me, when it comes to the group effort, if there's no Infamous, there is no.
Speaker 2: You gotta bengue fucked up.
Speaker 5: If anybody outside of New York, if you ask them one one of the beats or a beat that represents or a song that shook ones and Prodigy. I've always said that Prodigy has the greatest opening lines of hip hop. I can't underhear the project stove now, now you can't I hear that?
Speaker 8: Yes Slutor his daughter too. By the way, the Apology's daughter thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fox Mom. So are we taking shouts? And yes? Okay? Next one rock Kimcarros one takes seven of them.
Speaker 9: I feel like I did that the same question. The last one.
Speaker 7: Run might up at the same time.
Speaker 2: Easy does rocking? Easy rock? Anybody else want to answer? A guy would be the changed rying flow. He didn't curse any dang curse for one.
Speaker 3: If we found that curse on one track, I don't even thinks.
Speaker 2: The Rosetta Stone, Bro, He's a Rosetta Stone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's still rocking right now, just seeing you trying to black teacher.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah lot.
Speaker 5: You know, care Rest is the only motherfucker I ever went to his concert and I left knowing more than I knew before.
Speaker 4: I want to listening gave me information I need.
Speaker 2: His state permoments is like his amazing Yeah, Okay, I like this. This is directly for you.
Speaker 3: Okaheadt different, We're gonna go.
Speaker 2: We gonna start with you first, Cream Pete. I knew you was going to ask me that. Let's get do it.
Speaker 5: Let's see how honest you this is fucking you up? Okay, as it pertains to me. As for me, yes, not accolades, not anything, not catalog. For me, it's Pete Rock because he's the greatest. To me, he's the great He has the greatest ear. Hip hop is choices right because he can take Pete Rock can take five records from different genres and make a beat out of it. Not too many people that can do that, And I just have never seen. If you look at if you play the sample and you played what he did to it, Pee Rock is the greatest manipulator of samples to me. And I know people watch this sat Dealer, they don't say Dealer, Rest in peace, J Dealer, but me, mad Lib, J Diler, just Blaze, Kanye West, all of us learned how to manipulate samples from Peter Rock, Pete Rock.
Speaker 2: Primo.
Speaker 5: It's really we live he rock man. Yeah, did y'all follow him on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Rock yo? He what he liked Jamaican comedy. He is heavy on rock. Yeah, yeah, you know out Wood you bust us. You know, I love be Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Jamaican Queen of Tea for m c l like anybody.
Speaker 2: Ship that guy for me is as light as a rock.
Speaker 7: That was that was That was my my traveling in high school music like and she had joined the k stuff.
Speaker 2: Right should they Neither of them wrote thrown.
Speaker 9: The masking mask.
Speaker 2: Big you doesn't stop doing something, Queen Latifa.
Speaker 8: I know, I know, I know they had probably some of the stuff was getting written by other parts people, but I know tracks wrote some stuff.
Speaker 9: Shots, but that's later.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: That's a tough one, man, because MC light Man, Yeah, that light is a rock.
Speaker 2: She just loaded me up over.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna have to take shots on that.
Speaker 2: You know what that story?
Speaker 7: Drink?
Speaker 2: What the record you got? I got shots. I don't like it. I don't like you gave me. You gave me what we drinking? You just want to drink.
Speaker 9: I'm drinking so serious?
Speaker 2: So did we picked who y'all picked? Queen? I'm drinking slim over there, So they ain't right? They rhymes. I was, I'm not. I don't want to that. Nobody said. I was asking. I'm gonna research that. We'll get back to.
Speaker 5: I want this all right for you? All right, reasonable doubt, all ready to die? Yeah, that's that Brooklyn ship.
Speaker 2: Ready to die.
Speaker 7: Ready, Yeah, haty to die, baby baby established and alivest one.
Speaker 2: But curious, okay, reason I felt like he was gonna say reasonable doubt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three Primo bes, the Great Clark Camp was on their Ski was on their.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Piece of Clock, great album, No great album.
Speaker 9: That's another sage brother.
Speaker 2: You asked this one.
Speaker 3: The beat miners are sole counsel.
Speaker 2: Counsel, what are we talking about? My team? First? But he talked on that. You gotta take you that fair enough. Man.
Speaker 5: You know he's on Oprah's magazine cover every month, Oprah.
Speaker 4: You got that every month.
Speaker 2: You know it's on a cover. You know who's on the April Oprah you sing?
Speaker 5: So you better big yourself up, don't research that. I will say this though, I will say this about evil did mister Waller. You know they talked about when Drake first dropped, you know, they talked about forty when he filtered beats and Drakes sounded like he was wrapping on something that sound underwater. Like that's a Beat Minus thing, you know, like all of that, like everything buck them down. Anything that had they put a filter on and then just took the filter off.
Speaker 2: That's a Beat Minors thing. And did the filter automatically make a baseline almost? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, And that was the beauty about Beat Minors like to have that. They did it on a lot of records. Man, So I don't think we'll be doing that if it wasn't for Beat Minors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm and this is not because they're my team.
Speaker 8: Like I'm gonna go with the Beat Minus as tough as it is, it's easy for me because like they gave us a.
Speaker 9: Sound, you know what I mean, Because like now the Arillmatic album.
Speaker 8: Is dope because you got different producers doing different things. So we love all of these songs and we knew these producers for that. But mister walk sat with us, you know what I mean. He cultivated us and put us with certain things. And that's part of why we ain't never do that crossover type of vibe too. So we try to grow into what we was, whatever we was to be. So them brothers helped us a great deal with that.
Speaker 2: Just I'm shaking, just the safe beat mine just making up.
Speaker 5: New rules and that point he just killed, He just killed them.
Speaker 2: Taking to who the mama do guard where.
Speaker 5: We're celebrating today?
Speaker 2: I just want I just want to.
Speaker 8: And I just before we go, because I got to say, you know, saluted the Queen's fore like, because you ain't gonna you ain't gonna.
Speaker 9: We're not gonna leave on that.
Speaker 2: You can't leave on that. You know, I love them going.
Speaker 9: That's a fact, you know.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the fact that.
Speaker 2: No question the handboy calling the windmill, will you come back place? Yeah, a couple of Puerto Rican My name is Ton Cool. An ultimate question, did you have a glove on or no glove?
Speaker 9: No glove, no glove, no glove glove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had to go ahead. He was playing you playing hard.
Speaker 5: That's they call it.
Speaker 2: The f L Studio or m PC two thousand XL f L Studio. I made.
Speaker 5: A revolutionized the culture with that, you know.
Speaker 2: I made you know.
Speaker 5: I made jay Z Thread on the f L Studio twenty five minutes. I made I'm a Girl for Disney Shallow f Hill Studio. I made Good Woman Down for Mary J. Blige, Honey boyle By Dude, all of this on f L Studio. So that at a time where they laugh used to laugh at me for making bets on computer.
Speaker 2: Not everybody make bets on computer. It's an f L studio. I want to ask you just real quick, and you just feel like you got this? Do you have Erica? I do instance.
Speaker 11: Say something that said you like, you know, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because we're gonna get some somehow get America.
Speaker 5: We gotta we gotta be got to support with I mean, we can't find it. It was so I don't know a lot.
Speaker 2: If you like you had a box and.
Speaker 5: Hordable, I'm just play Okay rhaps or Nicki Minaj Rhapsody, and of course people are gonna watch this and thinking about you know, accolades or whatever. Man, but Rhapsody is pain like dangerous who she rapped with, Like she purposely wanted to rap with a black doll or bust rhymes ab so Kendrick Lamar just to prove that her pen is as vicious as anybody else's.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Recently I feel like she's really like.
Speaker 5: Yeah and she and she writes all us who writes that stuff? Who don't okay?
Speaker 2: Cool? Rhapsody writes all of her rap rap raps.
Speaker 5: Pen is dangerous and the rat with us She's supposed to be on drink Champs soon. Just yeah, yeah, salute to Ocean Draft, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gangstar or e p M d.
Speaker 7: Uh damn cold mmm just for the strength of I gotta say both. But okay, I mean for me coming from the p M D camp. That's effects was like some of the first rappers that I personally visualized pulling up big benses inside.
Speaker 2: Of the park on the curve with forty below tims On because.
Speaker 7: Each New York and dreads and little short niggas like.
Speaker 3: Like man, yeah, they I don't think they get enough credit that they deserve, even this question.
Speaker 2: That's what hmm, but you said gang story though he said both both you was like you run to say something. E p m D E p m d E p m d.
Speaker 5: Man strictly business, unfinished, business, business as usual, business, never personal.
Speaker 2: It is hard, and that's in order.
Speaker 5: It's it's hard to have four great albums back, too bad, bro, Yeah, business.
Speaker 2: Can't keep the names.
Speaker 5: Business and Eric Sermon is a producer right right there you go, So I told, I told Harry Sherman like I said, Man, I missed the version when we used to get high ship.
Speaker 2: He's like baring it's a sober nigga's my friend, smoke a blood. You're looking at me like what did Normy just saying, I'm just.
Speaker 7: He's supposed to have an album dropping out with all duos on.
Speaker 2: Like I'm a part of the due.
Speaker 5: I'm a part of the I love I love doing Okay, we need to break the ice with you all all.
Speaker 7: I pm that same one I thought we drank.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 8: He raised a good point with that, that that the fact that they got them albums like that.
Speaker 7: The gangs start got him too, Yeah, producing himself with jam.
Speaker 8: About and when you say okay, gangs started, damn thinking about.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn too from the East, and both of them introduced a lot of other artists, both of them.
Speaker 2: That question, these guys, Yeah, yeah, E P. M D. Has ever made an album better than Moment of Truth.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing, okay now, which leads me to my next question. Trip called quest or Tribe Tribe.
Speaker 2: He said that quickly. I just said, it's so quick day was.
Speaker 5: Daylight was more innovative, very innovative, very experimental, experimental, three ft high rising. I don't think we'll ever get another album like that. Tribe mastered the art of making big records. Checked the rhynd was a big record, war to It was a big record. Elect React. We are still chasing the feeling of elected relaxation to this day. And I just figured out what else the Gunda was. I was like, oh, Ship, this is a real place. This motherfucker made up. He left this world and he made it up.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the movement that was ushered by Tribe?
Speaker 2: But even though the Daylight before but still tried let that that's what that's what you know, try it was ahead of that started it. It felt yeah, I mean, and.
Speaker 5: Although like black Sheet was the one that had the biggest Truce was the biggest record. But Tribe, you gotta think Tribe had scenario scenario bust the rhymes. Although leaves are the news, that's what that was with Tribe is still chasing.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 5: Slum Village, the roots, craziest ever all tribute there.
Speaker 3: And it helped hip hop become eclectic and and and be okay with going in different directions and trying too.
Speaker 9: Is coming from the.
Speaker 8: The whole three feet high and rising the old part of that's like saying the same family.
Speaker 2: It was on best album two three times, didn't want rising, you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's original was just rising that version, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Want to know that version didn't get clear, that it didn't get clear and had.
Speaker 5: To go back in and do a whole different, different sample.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the version of actually on the album is not the actual version you guys, just a remixer. No, No, this was out like you know, like this is back then where you give your boys the copies of white.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: White.
Speaker 7: That's that's kind of crazy because working with Buckshot, like when it was time to make a radio edit or a radio version that they used to call for like Buckwood just going to studio and write a whole nother song wow, and the remix, the clean version was sometimes better than.
Speaker 2: The originally was. Twice he did Yeah, he died out the park with them joints.
Speaker 7: So we picked up the work ethic where evan reversing curse letters. You had to go in and and actually put your find to work, and Buff.
Speaker 2: Was the master. You got your open, I got you, I got you open, buck them down, I got some more. We got a lot more about tang or n w A Wu tang n w A. I mean that's true to me. If you want to just take a shot, I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shot, you're thinking about it, but we're taking a.
Speaker 2: Culture. Really is is Wu tang accolades?
Speaker 5: Everything like what was spawned out of n w A like was insane, like beasts, headphones, Ice Cube's acting career, ice ce solo career.
Speaker 2: I mean the tree is crazy because the tree move. I don't like it generationally.
Speaker 5: I think it's the it's it's a go to that eminem the wool tank. I mean, the end of the n w the Doctor Dre family tree.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah, you got you got you gotta fi, you gottall keep going. They had they had a dynasty over there, but who Tang is will be it's a whole different thing That got me. Modest thing is we got to drink on that. That's not a long pair of But I say both if you I don't like the pair. I don't like the pair of. I think it's a thinking questions in religion, but.
Speaker 3: I think it generationally it doesn't matter. M Yeah, okay, first go first and not and not and.
Speaker 8: Not really religion, right because for the ones that went outside, like you know, moms and them had we had Bibles with the cartoons and there. But then we went outside and we saw the brothers building in the circle talking about we sat there.
Speaker 2: We want to you know, right.
Speaker 8: And that's another one as far as respecting respecting that l was like we could sit on the bench. We couldn't get into the cipher with them when he was building. We get a little here like living in North Carolina, like you know, it's Jesus, Jesus, Jesus right, it's a Bible belt.
Speaker 5: But not until I started listening to like Rock Him and Brand Nubian and Wu Tang that I started learning about Islam. I learned the most from them, beautiful the first comic book rap group. Bro, you can put them in comic books. The names they had Peter Parker to start, it was a reason stood that superhero It was superheroes, right, it's crazy. Well, I ain't gonna lie not comparing them ton W.
Speaker 2: I was. I was literally scared of I find this. It's true though, it's I was like that music scared me, like like, I.
Speaker 5: Was like, what are the first off, I thought there was a jail.
Speaker 2: The whey.
Speaker 5: They said straight up cop and I said I didn't want to go there, Like that is just hold up?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: He started the album that way, straight out of Compton, crazy motherfucker name.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I was just like I felt in hip hop. They were the first group to evoke that emotion, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because you remember, I don't think about it, think about about it. But they was from a different coacht from me. Okay, that was that was my mom style from Harlem. Now I get that. Miami as a whole, it was two groups.
Speaker 3: It was public and to me to evoked this emotion over here and n W Wait.
Speaker 2: To me, they were the same groups in different sides of the spectrum. Definitely different. I never felt that kind of emotion from rap music. Not the song you like you ever heard, right, But that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I'm understanding you term, I understand what he said.
Speaker 2: I can understand n w A was still because we don't.
Speaker 5: We didn't know that mob style was really just the New York Shire, real out of town people didn't know who mom style was.
Speaker 12: I was so mad, you don't know who style would take seven take you haven't remember?
Speaker 2: Remember you with the with U? To me, that was the best thing in the world. And I got that.
Speaker 3: Because you don't even know. It was before internet, when the magazines were late to get to you. You find America's most one. You open it and you see the Bomb Squad.
Speaker 7: I was like and was like, I introduced what n w A was like, really opening our eyes to gang gang Wars and.
Speaker 2: Culture the original but this wasn't really Jagged Ice t F. But the n w a's first album.
Speaker 3: They're not even talking about Colors ice Cube, right, And it came from.
Speaker 2: He doesn't do six in the morning if he didn't hear p s K first. Absolutely, absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Say a lot of the New York rappers influence, but that's why they even decided to do certain things like we're not gonna talk about that. We're doing our style everybody.
Speaker 2: So we can't leave out dog, cannot out the dog. That's what the hip hop do, right, it'supposed to.
Speaker 8: It's supposed to, I mean, not politicized, but that's what we we politics, you know, that's yeah, they told us the politics are comptent because you thought it was one thing. You know, we we went there, we're looking out, we're looking for the color.
Speaker 9: That's all.
Speaker 8: We same thing, right, and we were there, so it's like, man, we got this information from there.
Speaker 3: That was the beauty of that era too, because everybody had regional sounds, lingo.
Speaker 2: A whole different without traveling the bay, and you knew who was when they were dropping.
Speaker 5: Like mister Lee said all the time, he said he learned English through music, but.
Speaker 2: He learned the wrong He learned the wrong English.
Speaker 9: Learned.
Speaker 2: But that's not.
Speaker 7: Taking Also, it'd be it'd be different countries that you go to and they don't they.
Speaker 2: Don't speak you feel me though.
Speaker 7: It be they don't even understand the language, but they know the lyrics word for word.
Speaker 3: There's the positive negatives to that I've tried some countries where they at the gang culture, not understanding where it takes what's happening. And then I've seen the positive side, which is to me outweighs the negatives.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 5: Like I heard you saying earlier that you guys went to Europe, right. I hate to say this sometimes, but I have to say it. I feel like sometimes hip hop lives more in Europe.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 5: Like you know, when I have shows in Europe, they had they are six o'clock in the afternoon, and it's like, why are you there? The club doesn't open till nine, but they want to smell me walk in. They want to see me write YOURFEETI they think I'm want to write graffiti.
Speaker 2: Because the novelty he does he actually mean they have to out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got my break dad suit on right now.
Speaker 2: They think like it really lives there. I'm talking about like the standards themselves to live history.
Speaker 5: The essence of hip hop still lives in those five elements elements of the said to y'all, this is how I feel. And I heard you say that earlier, when you were saying, like y'all just did that? Is that how y'all feel too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, that's the first thing I was taught. I was taught that.
Speaker 5: I was taught that your last fifteen minutes in the United States and your last a lifetime in Europe, in Africa and South.
Speaker 2: America, the whole world, with the whole outside of.
Speaker 5: Outside of the United States, you get about five maybe six years and the pure on fire shots to the ones that's done long longer than that.
Speaker 2: But overseas it's non stop, and they don't want to hear you do.
Speaker 5: If you've got great new records, fine for they want to hear the classics. And that's not only for all hip hop, that's for R and B, that's for anybody.
Speaker 2: Like if they're into the elements out there.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker passport was stick.
Speaker 2: He was like ship, I wouldn't even know. He was like, I'll do a show every night.
Speaker 7: One night, one night, he's a promoter, one night, he's the cameraman, one night, one night, he's your hype man.
Speaker 2: Like ja rue he lives. Yeah, we saw a Barcelona that question. Let me see. I don't think I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of caught between and living over there because I think, you know, being over here in the States, you get spoiled. You have so much successibility to a Norri, a Knife, a Smith and West n FN. But over there you only see that person or your group who you want to see when the promoters is booking them. So it's dope to be over there. But at the same time, if they don't respect what it is, then they're not going to come out like that. But I think being in your hometown is where you receive the most love of anything.
Speaker 5: But you know, like like like one of her favorite clubs for me in New York City, that's holding it down still as Webster Hall and like s O B right, But what I realized is a Webster Hall s OBS if you like, I can't allow you the last ten events I've been to and SOBS big them up. That is where real hip hop is still, definitely, and then Webster Hall West Halls doing a great job or at least hip hop events.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say the Hammerstein Boardroom.
Speaker 8: A lot of we lived at a time when it was a lot of different clubs to go to, So that's a that's a great point that you pointed out as far as in Europe because you know, just to keep it a honey, like I think that. I don't know about you, but for me, I might have been like reluctant to even say that. But that might be a true fact that over there it lives there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like that makes sense.
Speaker 8: Because if you think about hip hop as the stone, right, and you throw the stone in the river and it causes the ripple and it just continues to affect them. But we never thought about that initially obviously, right, we just want to do our thing. But then when we go over there and we see the ripple effect that we have caused, we're like, wow, this is incredible, and.
Speaker 2: We take things for granted here because it's closed.
Speaker 3: I was in Vietnam. They were telling me be like, there's a lot of dancing. You know, the breakdancing is big in Asia. So these dancers were telling us about some pioneer pop locker from this I never heard of this person, but they showed me videos that proved that.
Speaker 2: This guy is a pioneer. He's like, this is the guy that we've been following for fifty years, and I'm like, God, it's just illhouse.
Speaker 3: Because they just from a distance, they appreciate everything more.
Speaker 2: We're just too close to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it makes sense, man, because it's like it's great, you know, it's like we're doing it at such a rate, like our intentions have changed at some points, like we're doing it to to now pay the rent money and to do these things, and they still doing it.
Speaker 3: Just to listen, just to what you're saying. I went to Haiti and we met up with this artist. They consider them like the Tupac of Haiti, right, and when I went, I don't know, now, what's this has gotten really bad out there right now. But and this is happening in every country I've gone to. I've gone to a bunch of countries and he told me, you guys don't do hip hop in the United States.
Speaker 2: You guys do business.
Speaker 3: And that's something consistently been told to me in Peru, in Cuba, Haiti, Vietnam, Columbia, South Africa. I've gone to all as many concerts I can that it's not like it's one continent saying that. They're all saying it, yeah, yeah, hip hop, you guys do business. So basically they say, we left the art form where he has money. Yeah, you know, in the in the eighties and nineties, we were we weren't making much money off of it.
Speaker 2: Hip hop wasn't and he was killing it and it was all of you know, about the props and about whatever, like whatever we wanted out of it, you know.
Speaker 7: But at that to be on the other side of that, look how hip hop has evolved. If we wasn't doing business, we wouldn't be able to have shows, like absolutely, we wouldn't be able to open other doors to feed our family. And hip hop has come so long that has opened multiple doors. You go into film from hip hop, you go into anything you you really want to do, Like just even working with AfroB artists, it would be something like yo, if it's presented, then yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: These artists might not even be talking about hip hop to debate it, right right. There wasn't a monetary on this absolutely right yeah right.
Speaker 5: Hold, So we're gonna get back to the quick time of Slom finished it up? Out Castle, did you jump?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh man, Hey, that's that's good. Damn fun is my brother out Cast is them guys too, though. Man, they got the style of grace of everything that they beat us at the nine five Source Awards too.
Speaker 2: They won that awards.
Speaker 7: So that's still like ones where he said, yeah, yeah, well I gotta say both man, they both rest and Peach Pimpci.
Speaker 2: Innovators didn't get it in.
Speaker 3: There like.
Speaker 7: Buster Eminem Busting Rhymes, Boston Rhymes, the Mighty Infamous.
Speaker 2: I think Eminem would say Buster rhymes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ye, think about it. Yeah, respectfully, you know that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Next one O Pharaoh munch Or Royce, the five nine.
Speaker 5: Pharaoh, Lucas Royce man roy Internally he was even organized confusion.
Speaker 7: And the record you guys got and he got the verse. Keep it not because that verse though, like bro got asthma. No, I'm not saying because of the verse, like he got asthma. Like you would think somebody who breathing like that, you got asthma, you got.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I believe, I believe, not to put it up. But anyway, like I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: That he's a dope.
Speaker 8: You would think that somebody like that that's conscious of their breath would not put so many words in the rack. You know, it's unmatched is unmatched man, but he is so like the way he breaks down and he studies, like what he's gonna say in particular tone.
Speaker 2: The way he goes with the tone is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's he's a And then you're going back to organized organized confusion.
Speaker 2: Very much that much, Pharaoh. Yeah you want the next one to far Biggie or big L.
Speaker 5: Biggie Biggie Biggie, Ray and Ghosts or styles P and kiss.
Speaker 2: Now Yeah, yeah, yeah, took the gloves. Drink some more than grim beautiful tricks. Oh Man, shout the clues. Man man, this is Infinity, Ray and Ghosts. Are you picking? Yeah, I'm picking we can drink, But you're picking the Purple tape.
Speaker 5: I'm picking the Purple tape with Ray where Ray goes being on the cover of that. I'm picking Iron Man or Man cover being on go to that.
Speaker 2: Let me cover that goes being to cover that money Foule Respect album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if I'm picking verbal intercourse ice cream, verbal intercourse data DAYTONA five hundred cam A.
Speaker 3: I mean you can stop win awards? Yeah, all right, Michael Jackson and Prince Ah did you say he he.
Speaker 2: Man the gun. You've gone too far an Olympics. Does anybody have an MJ or print story? I do, no, Only the first time we remember meeting Prince one time. That's the story. Let's go to it. Remember we went to the after party John we met Prince at the time.
Speaker 7: We was yeah, we was in We called Minneapolis, Yeah, Minneapolis the first let me.
Speaker 3: Perfect didn't get close to him, not me. I'm sure he wasn't gonna get on the remix of something boy Barrow, I would would have been talking what we did.
Speaker 2: We wasn't like we was. He was moving like Charlie said, like, you want to play some basketball.
Speaker 8: We went to Munich, Germany, and we was, Uh, they have like this monument for for Michael Jackson. It's like in the middle of the square and it's like people come there. We put some like you know, people put like personal that's personal to them on the monument. It reminds me of New York City, like forty second Street, like if he we were respected and not just like yeah yeah. So it's like it was very touching to see like, you know, of course people love Mike all over the world, but I ain't see a prince one like like that. And you know, you know, no, no, no, no, no, I'm saying I'm drinking, I'm drinking or that, but I'm just saying like this, just that you said, anybody got a story.
Speaker 9: But that's that's as close as I could get.
Speaker 2: And then Mike didn't he do a song with Big I think so? Yes? Come on man, that's a record.
Speaker 9: That's crazy, man, Come on?
Speaker 2: Was it was it butterflies? Where was it? I don't know. I'm not sure google it Jack. It might have been back then right now, sorry, but it might have been butterflies. I think it was butterflies back then too.
Speaker 13: I just let you know, chat is quicker for you, man, chat. She's right, just has googling skills, the fact that it takes them.
Speaker 2: As slime, the time questions that he definitely does what you said metro pc is you know that's I got checked that one out.
Speaker 5: Machael Jackson and Princess versus Princess this time around it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Yeah? Yeah? This time around is a joint New Jack City or King of New York New Jack City. Damn, he's that quickly to Jack City. Oh Frank, where is it? Frank Frank White? New Jack City. But because you guys are from New York, that's what probably that's what is New Jack New Jack City is no brown is he no brown? New Jack City? Kick of New York? I need no brown, Frank white Brow.
Speaker 5: I say Jackson. I say New Jack City because of the movie. I say it because I'm at the sand. To me, low Jack City, New Jack Hustler, Come on, it has the most classic classic one liners.
Speaker 2: I never like you, Chris.
Speaker 7: You know what I.
Speaker 2: Think it is. I think because I recently watched King.
Speaker 7: Of New York over in my older age years, and when I was watching another Jack City, they are better now.
Speaker 2: Really they are.
Speaker 7: Like my wife, she hates to she can't watch a repeat of nothing. I'm like, how you don't watch a movie more than once? But she knows she loving and that's it me. I'm like three four times. Yeah, I don't know New.
Speaker 2: Jack City, Jacksony.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think I would do Jack City versus Juice, who we had a problem. Oh yeah, no Juice for the one.
Speaker 9: I think that I think the I think the the thing about this game is for it to be difficult, right.
Speaker 2: And it's for your personal impact.
Speaker 9: We're gonna be brave enough to make a choice like you can't be just like yo.
Speaker 2: Honest about how it impacted you both. Everyone is gonna be everyone.
Speaker 8: Everyone you asked is no, there's no way that every you know, every one of those was both every question.
Speaker 9: But if I had to pick, I'm gonna say new Jack City, Jack City.
Speaker 2: Between nods and ll.
Speaker 8: Betweens and LLL that's fantastic question. You know what I would I would say, I would say ll ll man Radio now because just because it's pioneer ship, like just just just for just for like like of course NOAs big respect than NOAs Man. When we grew up over that guy going by like once we saw that that was a game changer. Like for me, he's sixteen ll He'm saying, yeah, I'm saying I'm gonna say llll, I'm saying cool, James.
Speaker 5: Man, it is hard in this game to find solo artists with four or more classics.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: In fact, the run at ll have from Radio to mister Smith is insane. That's the radio today with right we just from radio.
Speaker 2: That's radio.
Speaker 5: That's bigger than Defferent, that's Walking with a Panther. That's one of the greatest albums of all time. Mama said, knock you out fourteen shots, and mister Smith that's a lot of If he do a versus he can just use those records and do it versus LL cool J is and he coming out with other pants on too now and he dropped a new album. I'm coming into the album too ass and leather pants. Ll cool J man Is mama said knock you out, coming back, my god.
Speaker 2: I don't know versus, but let me say this matter of fact, let me say this though, Project I.
Speaker 5: Don't Know any Illmadic will probably go down as the most critically acclaimed rap album ever, the most studied, shooting those books, the most everything illmatic. Whether you liked it or not, it is the It is the kind of blue of hip hop. Miles Davis cound of blue, That's what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I would. I would say nas though, because that was more in a climate when I was coming up. I wasn't, I mean, I was there, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely, I'll definitely say nos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, Red Man, I met the man. You can't ask that. We just did. That's the rock wild First. I'm trying to.
Speaker 9: Albums that's even better.
Speaker 2: It was Red.
Speaker 5: I mean it's I mean, it's what the album. There's a dark side Muddy Waters's Red Man, Red man.
Speaker 2: So you gotta hang with guys like this who don't sugar coat. No, how you feeling? Tell you what you need, not what you want to. Yeah, red red man, but man, drink them both. Man, there you go, it's cheers. You have the Month for the Man, remember that, ye do? Month of the Man? I worked out. I'll be trying to study this, you know you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got Doggy Star or me against the World. You asked Doggy start me against the world.
Speaker 5: Snoop Dogs, Doggy Stock. I guess tupa Snoop Doggs Doggy stacks like everything on right now, Amy against the World of double album.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's that's all out on me. Okay, okay, yeah, it was might be different. Snoop Dogs is the better album. Don't change a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the music examples and it is don't style put Brandson on the Matt Well, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 5: But yo, the fastest d was out. You have Snoop Dogg Pump Pump and songs like that, and an East Coast movie like above The Rim is nuts.
Speaker 2: Above. The Rim was comprised mostly of West Coast artists films on the East Coast. Right, Wow, dog is down Yeah, that was the right man. That's an interesting what he said when she's on it.
Speaker 9: That was that was well, that was well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fat boys and beastie boys.
Speaker 12: Fat boy boy, fat boys or beastie fat boys, fat everything politically he thinks about. He best, I had everything to the class.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. He's like, I'm not lowering body resource little mass mother today.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I say fat boys, man, I think yeah, I almost say beastie boys, because you just want to be politically so beastie boys. Like I first heard the beastie boys, I got. I had an older cousins so dope, and they were playing Paul like Paul of course, like that was hard is a car in nineteen six old ride fat Boys. I heard fat boys in the party, but I ain't hear a lot of fat boys in my big cousin's car.
Speaker 2: I heard No Sleep to Brooklyn that song I heard.
Speaker 5: I heard here, and I heard holding down It, and I heard the new style, especially the breakdown in the new style, Yo, beastie boys.
Speaker 2: That was a Gange licensed deal.
Speaker 5: If we're gonna put lights deal against the fat boys, it's the beastie boys.
Speaker 2: Even with this sort of movie. That's the movie.
Speaker 9: But they because they kept.
Speaker 8: Organic, you know what I mean, fat boys and it's like and they joint bat They was nope, artists, right. And as you're talking about you talking them about the time, you talking about not only your time, you're talking about a culture that says you have to look a certain way, you know what I mean, they broke all of it.
Speaker 2: They were like, yeah, probably to all that.
Speaker 8: He's like, we're gonna run with this and we and and we're gonna yeah one of the diesel now and on the.
Speaker 2: Show. Yeah, yeah, all right, Brooklyn, all right.
Speaker 5: Outlaws of Dog cool Man Dog Crown Corrupt is one of the greatest rappers ever lived.
Speaker 2: And I agree with that. I gotta say both.
Speaker 7: He's I gotta say bow his family.
Speaker 8: That's I'm not saying big up to the Outlaws, lout to the Outlaws, Man Young Noble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big up to Laws. But what he says about Crup, the greatest raps came out corrupt way Philly. Yeah, m Range was correct.
Speaker 5: Rhyme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he talked drinking to killing.
Speaker 3: Driving and it was yeah, no, it was like yeah, he was just like it was like you're just talking. But you just so absolutely.
Speaker 2: A little man, dazz man, y'all are killing us. The Source Double x L, the Source, the original, so.
Speaker 5: May take a shot the killer.
Speaker 14: Ye look.
Speaker 2: You go, yah this ship watching this yeall. Mama.
Speaker 5: I told my mama was coming on Dreaming Champions. Y'all gonna be drinking. I said, Mama, drinks champagne. That she said, Okay, shout out.
Speaker 2: They didn't even know no man for real.
Speaker 5: But we were talking about we're talking about the the micrating saying the original sources.
Speaker 2: The micrating the original source community to me was like totally. I mean, because that's what it was, right.
Speaker 5: It was left over source staff members who went and created Double right, right, I don't want to say Wilson coming it.
Speaker 2: Wilson was one of them, the source. Yeah, yeah, yeah, one right Double. I didn't went to the Vibe.
Speaker 3: This was Christy Jones did j bar work for the Jerry Jerry Barrel was over there. What's the original source? Was the only source? That was the only magazine you.
Speaker 2: Got and a half to the source.
Speaker 5: You will automatically gold hands down that that magazine was so credible, like it was the only at the time over there.
Speaker 2: And I remember us for Overea.
Speaker 5: We got four mics and that was equivalent to us going platinum, like like when we got that.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that was like.
Speaker 5: Our dummy album, like it wasn't even the real one. We went back in and made it better like the demo. Basically, Yeah, it was the demo they gave us. From that we were pre ordered gold.
Speaker 2: I believe. Remember how you.
Speaker 5: And they didn't care if you actually sold the records or not if it was pre ordered.
Speaker 3: Within seventy days, people got deals off the system people records.
Speaker 2: So we're all saying the sauce that they had, they had that.
Speaker 9: New artists.
Speaker 2: I was, man, it was a lot there. So we're all saying, even a collection that used to be in the bag.
Speaker 3: You'd be like one from the parties, the magazine as real hip hop heads. I mean it changed over time, but the original source you felt like, this is the I.
Speaker 2: Want to take a moment right now. I want to pick up my friend Vinzino.
Speaker 5: Of course, and and Dave because I've seen recently like he's been going through you know, certain things on the internet about the source where he's saying that you know certain things.
Speaker 2: Well, look what we all just.
Speaker 5: Said about the sauce and pretty much was all positive. So I want to be it was the hip hop and Dave Mays, you know what I mean? Yeah, I mean I know things have changed now, but back then that was like that was they were.
Speaker 2: The source. MA definitely, you want to go to the next one. I like this game, that's right, Yeah, and then we're gonna go back to.
Speaker 3: I Love Ralph McDaniels or five five fab five Freddy ship.
Speaker 2: See just when you see, I ain't got nothing to do it this year.
Speaker 3: So we're basically saying video music box versus the video MTV. Okay, you can do the individual, or you can do an individual.
Speaker 2: If you live in New York. Five Freddy is video music legend besides winding Wood. For me down here, it was yeah, because.
Speaker 7: We didn't have video music video music by she was running home from school against But even those shoutouts, I saw everything.
Speaker 5: I saw Fat Fire Freddy and Walstaff before even that. And see fan fre Freddy too was in New York. But then he'll be in Oakland with too Short, and then he'll be in l a with.
Speaker 2: That's the way. Let's keep remer the white girls to hip hop. But I'm gonna go with he was already ahead of the time.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 2: The village. He was, he was the village. Actually he was with the artist one.
Speaker 3: Home name, the white dude that was hanging out with the artist, the big artist with the the sup can, the suit can, what's his name?
Speaker 2: And world. Yeah, he was was all these the can he had to snip with the best of them.
Speaker 15: Hey, man, I know, Uncle Ralph is the guy man like he like you just take anything at all.
Speaker 2: From the homie.
Speaker 8: But Uncle Ralph, man, he's still he's still out here in the streets.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We had him on Dream Champs. We celebrated.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean Selucid to Senator Jessica Ramos, out there doing the good work, trying to get in that office. So like Uncle Ralph is connected with the people, all the people, not just the popular ones.
Speaker 9: Like he's out there in the streets.
Speaker 2: No, he was definitely outside. Un Yeah, I'm outside. You want to do the last one? Is this the last?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Unless you want to add something to it?
Speaker 5: Oh ship, I didn't keep it. Okay, that's my favorite one. I'm not gonna lead the witness. I'm gonna take a shut ready, But loyalty or respect.
Speaker 2: He made it a harder question. The last question on my shade.
Speaker 7: To look into the eyes of my brothers and men without loyalty, that would be no.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say. But that's my answer every time. That's down your answer every time? What you get back every time? No, I mean, I mean both answer. Let me ride with it. I mean, I can't talk video. Everybody sees your answer. Every time. I meant it's both. You can't have a lawyer means ahead, You're gonna bring it down professor style. I'll respect it God for me, it's a loyalty. You got to be clear it with this crew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's loyalty, man, Because sometimes people earn respect in the wrong ways, and so loyalty is something totally different. Loyal means family to me. Respect doesn't always mean family to me, But loyalty means family no matter what, remain loyal to family. Because respect can be looked at different by different ways, different people. You can get people can sometimes look at respects killing somebody, you know what I mean, whatever reason, respect could be a negative, it could be a negative thing. Loyalty is something totally different. It's it automatically says family me, so I loyalty.
Speaker 8: See again, the game is rig you feel me because both of them is the same thing. Loyalty could be taken differently to right, this is a loyalty.
Speaker 2: Some people can.
Speaker 8: Some people think they're loyal right now, but they's totally not you know what I mean. Think they respect for right now and they not. You know, text said the best way like that, that's that's true, and that never going. I think that's a study right there, that's not even a question. They go to break all kind of like, well, we brought the professor. We wanted him to help us study this tour, right right, right, right right for sure, it's a balance, you know what I mean. It's like there's no wrong answer. That's the right There no wrong answer. It's going to lead you to the other one. Won't gonna lead you to the other one. What do you respect? You respect something like if you respect your family, like we we raised a certain way to respect our parents.
Speaker 9: You know, who isn't loyal?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe he was loyal to them because we was born from them, but respecting them and fearing them taught us something else. Sort us family values and then which we already took those family vious without even like like organically taking those family values. We took those to the streets. Where do we learn loyalty from? Like we got that like our father did, our mother tell us we be loyal?
Speaker 2: Boy, this is your said like that.
Speaker 8: It's never it's never implied. So we we navigated with eyes.
Speaker 9: That's definitely implied.
Speaker 3: It's like a silent thing that's automatic in family right right, But respect is told.
Speaker 2: When tribe and the streets, when you moving around you.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're sucking up this just saying something right now. The true story is is that I put this on without knowing it.
Speaker 2: Just affinity. I'm saying, I put on the shirt without knowing his birthday, without.
Speaker 9: Knowing that I just got for a second, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, definitely Rice, you're run into So I gotta go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Brother. So if it's he said no more like doors. If there's anything you can do over right.
Speaker 5: Over the whole group, whole industry, everything, there's one thing you could do over what would you do?
Speaker 7: It's one thing I do over as far as the industry, I think it would be to learn the business better, to learn the inside of the outside, learning able to be able to read and understand contracts, because that's where a lot get lost in the finer lines of contracts. And that's what we got to take him to a tourney to be like, Yo, what what?
Speaker 2: What? What that mean? Right there? What he said?
Speaker 7: I think if I would be able to do anything, that would be able to that would definitely be it to be able to understand the business more and to apply it more to where we.
Speaker 2: Could open more doors for those Nothing. Nothing.
Speaker 5: And the reason why I say nothing is because the decisions I made, the mistakes I made, led me here. I wouldn't be sitting here with you and you if I didn't make this turn and make this turn, and make this turn and make this turn. So I am wrong or right, I ended up here, and so I wouldn't change the thing. If I, if I, if I'd have did something the right way, then I would have been able to work with these guys. Maybe someone had led me this way and then I went and crossed their path. But something to me to go to school, drop out of school, find somebody with a computer, learn fru to lose do this, do that that I to leave me then I have a twenty relationship for us to do two albums to leave me here.
Speaker 2: So nothing Wow, the fast topic, right, how about you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I wish I had answer that other question better that Queen la teeth language. But I know that's gonna be. I know they're gonna know that the trolls going, they're gonna let edit until you kept talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, no, let that breed, let that bree man whatever, do what you do.
Speaker 8: But I think that you know, like for me, I'm just just to take responsibility like it's so much because I'm a person who even though I have patience, I'm impatient, you know what I mean, And I and I and I answer fast and I be ready to go fast, and I'm always ready to go, and I'm always ready to go. So sometime I don't get a chance to do things like relax, celebrate, rest, reboot, and I might miss a lot, even though I get a lot of cover, a lot of land, but I miss a lot. So it's like, all right, I wish I could slow down a bit, see things a little bit from a from a perspective, even from the success and failures, the strength because sometimes you harp on the failures, you know, and and and then you miss out the successes.
Speaker 9: Sometimes you see the successes, you'll be blinded by the light.
Speaker 8: It's like the final balance, just to slow down a bit and go all right, wow and look at everything, because when like, right now, we have the capability to do that now in hindsight, with with with looking at the album and seeing how people enjoy Infinity and it's like.
Speaker 9: That feels good.
Speaker 2: But it took your growth to understand.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, because before that we was like, yo, let's do another album.
Speaker 9: Let's do another album.
Speaker 2: We got to go on the road, we got to go on tour.
Speaker 9: Like we like, like you say, a business.
Speaker 2: So that hits.
Speaker 9: But when you in the mix like that, it's like you can't.
Speaker 8: You know, it's hard to feel it because you're there enjoy it and it's like fucking enjoying it, Like you can't. You feel guilty almost like you can't blame your out, but you can.
Speaker 2: That's that vibe right there.
Speaker 9: So it's like, man, you you can. And then you start watching what's given to us.
Speaker 8: So you're talking about rapid refund or like instat gratification, Like you can't blame that people, you know, in a place where we're still struggling, and then you're seeing people eating and you seeing like, wow, look like over there, dudes is getting it and dudes are getting it, you know, but you got to talk about how dudes are getting it. Dudes are getting it in the capacity where they're putting that work in what does that work? Well, here is the forum where we talk about what that is. If you slow down a little bit, you know what I mean, like you see it, you see the picture a little bit differently, I think you know. Me and Tech jumped in the game.
Speaker 2: We was hungry.
Speaker 8: He was like, yeah, we're hungry. We knew the we knew the contract was was was was a little bit.
Speaker 2: How old were you guys when you first put out the record? The first record?
Speaker 9: We was just fresh like we was like a couple of years out of Yeah, yeah, I've been messing.
Speaker 7: Up the years A couple I mean roughly years. I always I got left yeah yeah around that area. Yeah you guys were young man, yeah around there around there.
Speaker 9: But it was like.
Speaker 2: No, we we knew nothing, like we didn't have somebody looking at it.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 2: I don't age man, I'm limitless and finished now. But we we okay, cool.
Speaker 8: We have no no, no, no knowledge of like contracts, so it's like, all right, we believe that we can get to the exposure and we can learn. So our intent was a little bit different than just saying, Yo, we want to be popular, be known and the glamouring going. I don't think dudes still, I don't know if that's a Brooklyn twist or what like, dude wasn't So.
Speaker 5: I think I think everybody that had a little bit of hood or just from the hood all knew that we were getting jerked on our first deal and we agreed to it. We agreed to it, and we said, you know what, I'm gonna do better on our next deal. I'm not gonna lie. That's what I feel like. Yeah, I feel like you're saying that's what I said.
Speaker 2: I knew I was getting not the best deal in the world to be in the game, so I said, I knew I was a hustle.
Speaker 5: I just said, just put my one foot in that motherfucking I get there, you know, like, put the tip of my shoelace in that door, and then I'm gonna kick the motherfucking rest of my foot in that motherfucker WHOA. I cannot lie and act like I did not know that my contract wasn't the best right, Like it was something about how I signed, like I got I got five thousand dollars in cat.
Speaker 2: I knew this wasn't right. I like I was still drug dealer with the fuck this paper bag? Why are you signing for nothing? Like? When where's my check?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Ship?
Speaker 2: So I knew I was did y'all know, Like y'all first joint.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna say we didn't know. I don't think we cared because we was. Yeah, I think we cared. We seen black Moon get on, and at that time it was I think we was pretty gun hole about what we wanted to do, the direction we wanted to go.
Speaker 2: So and like you said, once you you know the industry is only but that big.
Speaker 7: Once people start talking you, you could you could be cool for your second album, Nash for more money you hold out. So now once you start hearing this in your head from your piers, you're like, well, all right, so we in Like you said, once I get that foot in niggas, I'm attend boots the doors off the hinges, and I think that's how we pretty m much carried it out. Like you said, it was never really no contract. Everything was a word amount and a handshake that we've been rocking with like stuck down. We're doing this again on our own three sixty.
Speaker 9: That's that and that's for us.
Speaker 8: It was easy for us to be loyal to these brothers because we didn't know Drew how.
Speaker 5: Buckshot build a relationship with him. So how did y'all make Buck Shot? Y'all was all in the same high school.
Speaker 2: How does this not do?
Speaker 8: His sister Tracy, big upy Tracy Allen, like she's you know better in night school. She was a dancer for us, and then she introduced us to Buck Buck, who was dancing at the time with his partner I've seen and yeah, from there, you know, we clicked up. Excuse me, but like this this is this is like, you know, for for us to be with them, like respecting their grind to seeing how they like not only the love for it and just but the respect for the business and also knowing that it's grimy, you know what I mean. So it's like we felt kind of safe with them. With these guys call blessed. We start with blood in a minute. Huh, well no earlier, earlier did we bring your bluns back to the night?
Speaker 5: Brings back? He's bringing it right to the tunnel right now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: It's cool, like we we not knowing anything, just coming off right off the curve, you know what I'm saying. Plus we're coming off the Deceps salute the Decepts. Bro Uh you know you know Crawn happy birthday, just coming off of that scroll. Like me and these brothers Buckshot, we seen his crime, Drew High, We seen his grinding and looking how his love for Buck like how these guys as friends, you know what I mean? And then like we didn't know the lawyers. The lawyer for the label was the lawyer, you know, so we we knew, like you said, we knew, we knew stuff was wrong. You know, you know I caught a charge in Maryland and he was my.
Speaker 2: Lawyer for that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like we we It's not like we have er tasking a brother too. I would put like you know about like when we speak about on infinity not being preachy, just telling you listen, you can't be stuck in that run.
Speaker 7: Yes you have to at some point you have to grow. If you're going to advance, what learn to grow?
Speaker 2: That that Smith West is gonna be here for infinity. And I'm taking a shot. I got you know what's crazy to me? And you are Tiger Bowl bro by the way.
Speaker 5: By the way, me and this one of the buddy is the dream Tiger boone. I don't know if y'all know that is the worst ship you.
Speaker 2: Can ever We retired to drink Champs. I remember, retired twenty fourth and mad and mad as Madison, okay, and we was in there this tiger boning crazy break the sounds man man Man, I got my man from mythic Bone. They love it.
Speaker 5: So listen because you all right back in the day New York City, right, this is real talk, not fruits of life.
Speaker 2: Back in before that juices for life. It was juices life, but it was the on the other corner.
Speaker 5: They used to have a gallon like you know food punches when you go to the piece of here and they have food punch.
Speaker 2: Back then they used to have tiger bone and the thing and the punch punched it.
Speaker 4: Wanted to suspect yo, by the way, with the tigers bone in it.
Speaker 5: This is how this was so I was your new port, this new board, this way, this way before it. So let me say how I didn't know what Tagerbam was. So it was a weed spot to go there to get weed. But I came out the wee spot one day and the police pulled me over. The police is like, yo, but.
Speaker 2: You went in there to get so I didn't know if tag bone was illegal at the time, dangerous species.
Speaker 5: I was like, need to get tag of boone. They was like, all right, cool the right in Louise.
Speaker 2: I went home.
Speaker 5: I ain't think nothing of it. The next day, I go to the WI spot. I'm like, yo, what happened yesterday? Man? I seen the police, says man, some dickhead told these motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: That was me. You just told them right now.
Speaker 10: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I told I didn't know tager bone was illegal. So they're like, what they're killing tigers to make.
Speaker 5: The original I don't want We got the manufactured Yeah, the vegan.
Speaker 2: COVID originally that was crazy. Yeah, Donald Trump shut us down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Trump, What tian was like eighty dollars a hundred dollars now for a bottle.
Speaker 5: No, it's like three hundred. It was like three hundred cod.
Speaker 2: Now original original. I don't even think that should he even drinking was Tiger Bones then it was. I wouldn't even advertise that right now, guys correct, Yes, he's correct.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I want to go back to the album. Guys, please, This is one thing that I really love about them that DN expect. I would like how y'all went to the R and B and soulful part. Yeah, that reminded me of what I loved as a DJ of hip hop R and B. Yeah, when you guys did the Joy with Mary J. Blid Yeah, Yeah, it's like you encapsulated that and put it in this album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did that come from? I mean from a production standpoint, I think.
Speaker 5: For a long time, and I can be wrong, but I think for a long time, women has been they've been REMOVINGM hip hop because they stopped liking the way it felt right. And so the thing about the nineties, what made the nineties and nineties is we were sampling the old seventies feel good records.
Speaker 2: Right, and.
Speaker 5: That's what the vibes from that records, that's what made women love those records exactly and kind of got away from that, even if it was a Street record, It's still had that vibe in it, So how can we get keep them in street as they can like with the Shine record and the joint my Man Sweater on it. Yeah, it's like, how right, how can we keep that feeling and still have some knock behind it?
Speaker 2: And that's that's what it was.
Speaker 5: So that's when I approached I'm thinking of the marriag j Blige the whole time because how street that was, how street that was, but also how sexy that was at the time, and sometimes hip hop now doesn't have that duality to it. And so for me, I'm thinking, yeah, we know, you gotta have that feel good type but still got some knock to it. And so that's where it shine and no mistake came in. So let me ask y'all because I mean, this is a room where he keeps hearing it. Did y'all actually make that marriag Jli record? Justcause in the party by mistake? And he was like, I'm talking about this before. I know we said that, but I want to reiterate that.
Speaker 7: Now we actually we We came from a video shoot with Black More thing was the Bucking Down remix from Prospect Park and It's like I just told this story on one another podcasts, Like when you think about it, Big was the glue to that because Big know we was going it was a performance on the Intrepid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we was performing there and your because people don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, talk like like not is a real uh yeah, the parties and they all might be a museum now.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So we was coming from the Black Moon video shoot and we all fatigued down hole boot camp.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 7: Cant canteen and we got light light, flash lights and helmets everything. So you know, I see my Gemini brother Big. He's like you you know whatever we and uh we start talking. It's all Junior Mafia and boot Camp and then puffers like it.
Speaker 2: You know who is that Big? You know them? He's like, this is my nigga tech. It's best Stile from Brooklyn.
Speaker 7: He's like, yo, I want to you know this when the Mary J was just happening, the Queen of hip hop and R and B, Like, Yo, I got some things I want y'all to get get on come to the studio.
Speaker 2: Because I heard that he said that he wanted to the back and forth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was like, yo, when we got that's when we got there, Like, Yo, I want you to do that Smith and Western shit. It wasn't nigga back and forward like Yo, I want that Smith and Western ship, which is what he did with me. Yeah, I said, nigga, we want ninety thousand. He said what I said, we want ninety thousand. He said, come on, play Boy, I called so and So I get the twenty five. You know what, fuck it, We're gonna do it. Fuck it, let's get it. L Yeah, Mary Jail were like, come on, we see what's going now. We're moving around. We got some motion in the industry. I'm like, Lord, this nigga got some bread over there. Let's get bad Boy high.
Speaker 2: Come on, play Boy.
Speaker 9: That was a little nigga shit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Like we we walked into the office and the bad Boy's office and looked at the ship and the walls looked like they was made of steel and ship everything looks so how sception it was in the studio we went to the office before we went to negotiate, like what we wanted and all that. We we just didn't know what to ask for. You know what, I mean, that's the whole like just keeping in the hunting, Like we went in there. He gave us the opportunity to go, what do y'all want? You know what I'm saying, Like, who does that? Like that's just some g ship, you know what I mean? But we just was young and educated in that on some real ship like Drew was dead even Drew like like he walked us through. He didn't have to go then oh he didn't know the game to back to learning the business on the job training real should I just be on some humble ship like and he was like, yo, bro, I'm just once y'all involved in this project and I'm doing so It's like it's not even that type.
Speaker 2: Of thanks telling you guys that yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: So it's like so that's where artists comes to the thing and they like, yo, we want to get this big bag of money.
Speaker 9: Like we was guilty of that ship too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So it's like we grateful for that opportunity because it's like you overlooking the fact that this is a song with Mary J. Blige and Boom. You're not thinking that's going to be one of your biggest songs.
Speaker 7: For the rest of your and then we got a chance to perform it with her and walk away on the Brooklyn stage for the first time, which was.
Speaker 2: Which was recent, which is crazy. That's the first time y'all performing awesome. Man, Yes, hugely.
Speaker 5: But by the way, I'm just being honest. If I judge a DJ, if I'm in a party and they don't play that, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't, just it's just not rocking. They have to play that, I can ask that I get DJ.
Speaker 8: Speaking of DJ, we went to d C and we saw every show DJing party and I think it was his birthday that day, fiftieth birthday, and I think it was like a snowstorm something. Yeah, it was crazy. The people right, and it was like and I'm watching him in a zone like he was there but not you know what I mean. I'm like, wow, we wanted to go over there and take a picture. He was like, Yo, there's no way. He started playing some songs like there's no way we're going to get over there performing at it. But wow, just to be like, and you was in the music and you was enjoying it, you knew, and everybody was vibing, everybody was dancing. I'm like Yo, does New York still do that? Like do they still love the music they listened to, not just all the popular music, but like you because you know, d C got the the go go too. So when next drive, everybody like boom boom, So you had you had a healthy version, diverse version of just music, you know what I mean, which I don't know. That's another thing, going back to the coach of appreciation or just going to a club and hearing ship that you can enjoy, you know, so hopefully we can.
Speaker 9: You got the DJs out there. Saluted the dj that still be spinning.
Speaker 2: Man, Like right the time I.
Speaker 5: Saw that was at y'all release party and I wasn't there. I was not, but every single body on Instagram and I felt like I.
Speaker 2: Was there and that's yeah.
Speaker 8: Saluted the followers. Saluted people that's reposting because that's important. Like sometimes you'll be charging people for reposting, like we're not even doing that.
Speaker 9: Like if you love something, you feel something, spread the gospel.
Speaker 2: While we don't don't spread infinity over here. It's go.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 5: One thing that me and him shared, like we're the same and different people, but we share that hip hop we have to even talk about this.
Speaker 3: I was like, I got a time of slim for y'all. That's alright, shining. I'm always gonna say the first, the shine is gonna be. I'm just gonna say, you can't get here without the first.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, politically correct. I want to be different.
Speaker 5: Reason why I'm gonna say infinity is because this is making me so hyped right now, Like this ship is making me like, I haven't really.
Speaker 2: Said I want to really get back in the studio until I just really like that.
Speaker 5: I heard that, like and I was like, you know what y'all inspired me? That might be me being selfish.
Speaker 2: Now is different.
Speaker 3: I'm telling your fans or non fans, go to the catalog, listen to how we got here, why we are here, and see how dope this is. These are artists that have been They stand the test of time. Another conversation we just had.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: Sometimes the fans don't want to go back to that catalog. They want what they hear now and be like, yo, where am I going next?
Speaker 2: Fuck with? Because that might not be my cup of tea right right? But I know what I hear right now. I want this and more of this. What can I find this? But there's a different album.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you why there's a different album, because usually you hear artists that you follow since the nineties, right if you're our generation, right, and you're disappointed time and time again because this is the production is all over the place. There's no, it's not all no, it is they forgot, they forgot to keep it. This is album. Yes, yes, you have this album is I'm telling you now. When I listen to it, I was like they got it. This is like it is nineties now, like I don't know the shutterway we set up a common in pe rock saying it again right now nineties now.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 8: We I mean, like, you know, big respect to to this brother right here for for welcoming and us into his home man, because it's like, you know, the energy that that we had experienced their recording, I believe it might have been a healing energy for both of us. And living in New York amongst that hustle and bustle, you might not be aware that you need that, you know what I'm saying, especially yeah, everybody now, like right now we're upfront with with with with with mental illness PTSD, and all that.
Speaker 9: Who don't have that living in New York City, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So we so that's when you talk about the music and being being able to watch it from that perspective.
Speaker 9: So for us to go to that perspective.
Speaker 8: And as soon as we get in the car he picked us up from the airport, he like, we're talking about the Shannon you know what I mean. We're talking about the foundation. He on the phone with Evil Deed, mister Wall. We're talking about you know, Pete Rock and all that. Of course we're talking about all the things that we've done, but yeah, we want to upgrade that and who you are now without compromise and just being transparent. So he gave us that platform to do that and and guided us even further.
Speaker 2: Like I want to hear this. I want to hear you come like that, like we want to.
Speaker 8: Like some artists that you just into yourself so much you can't take criticism or you can't take input, like we built together. He gave us guidance like this is a real heartfelt project that we worked on.
Speaker 2: So it's what were there times you guys bumped tests just off the one record? He want to do here he was like, nah, I don't want to say I don't want to say that.
Speaker 5: Bah all blah, and it was me me and him was like nah, it's crazy, Like man, nah, I'm not saying that, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: And the beat was dope. It was just but not often.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: They they trusted me, just like Buckshall trusted me, just like Sean Price Rest in Peace trusted me, you know what I mean to do my job.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's what it was.
Speaker 5: And for this album, I'm thinking, okay, I'm always thinking, okay, we did the All we got to beat the All And for for a long time I was telling them like, no, nah, we use five songs and I said this is better than all.
Speaker 2: They were like you think. I'm like, yeah, I'm telling you it's better than the all Man and so allow five of those songs when you were saying, not even made the album.
Speaker 5: It ain't even make it, Like we got a couple of joints like that was it's crazy that didn't make it for whatever reason. But I'm again, I look at it from two sides. Yeah, I executive produced it. Yeah, I got my soul console brothers together. Shouts to them and I'm a fan. I put all that away when I play it in my car, I don't listen to it from like this is what I did. I'm listening to it from this is what I just bought and do. I like it, And some people can't look at things from both sides like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope this makes gets a Grammy nod.
Speaker 5: Yeah Too's no bullshit, man. I want to thank all of you taking your time out for letting us salute you. Come on, man, because it's very, very important to see people continue to do it, continue to make great music, continue to hold down their stance in hip hop the way you brothers are doing.
Speaker 2: I want to salute you. I want to give your flowers.
Speaker 5: I wanted to, you know, just let you know how proud I am of you guys, and I want to let you know how much you inspired me.
Speaker 2: Like I had to sit back and be like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, because you know, I still I still think I'm nice, you know what I'm saying. But what I'm saying is that that's me being you know, I'm saying how many other people in this world that got to do the same thing too. When when a person pops in I'm about to say, popping that CD. But they hit that link because that's where we're at, right, and like right when they hit that link and they hear what I heard, this is an undeniable, undoubtable album. I one man percent appreciate what y'all did. Like I said, I stood there, I held my breath, I caught goosebumps. I didn't leave the car. I just stood there and I was just like by myself.
Speaker 2: I was good with that.
Speaker 3: Can I cut you from Let me tell you something real quick. We don't rarely on drink champs do we talk about a current album so much. That's the testament to how we think. And we didn't talk about this prime right, We didn't discuss this.
Speaker 2: Ye he heard it on his own. I heard on my that's beautiful. Let me let me get my flowers for a minute. Man, go ahead. I remember when I bought n O R E. I don't want my flowers. You're crazy, you're crazy clapping up. I remember when I bought you know, and you know.
Speaker 5: It used to be a time where hip hop was judged by the album of the summer. That was the album of the summer when it dropped, and as far as solo albums and hip hop just from a solo artist by itself, from leaving the group doing it by himself, knowing the greatest albums of all time from TVV because Swiss that beat is not done.
Speaker 2: Changed. I fucking found you know that? Sorry?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know that was just a loop man, I found that version.
Speaker 5: Well again, guys, man, I want to think thk y'all from the fan perspective of hip hop. I do want to thank y'all because anybody who really loves hip hop and understand how dope you guys been from back then to now and continue to make relevant music now, that ship is just remarkable.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything like this. This is not normal.
Speaker 5: It's not just being honest. Think it's just on rap steroids. I don't know what time y'all.
Speaker 2: Want on whatever.
Speaker 9: This might sound.
Speaker 8: This might sound like like like a political picture or something, but like you know, like we're talking about hope, things like hope, you know what I mean, Like simple things like hope and faith, you know what I mean. People get scared of words like that. They think you gotta you know, go to church, and you can, you can you you can go to church. You can go to the Mars.
Speaker 2: You can do that.
Speaker 8: It's all about discipline in yourself. Like, we love this thing so much that we almost ruin it. But like some things, we got to be proud of that. We did survive some things, right, we survived some things and we lost some really good people, you know what I mean. So it's like yo, last time, Like yo, last time we came to drink chance, people say, Yo, you shouldn't go now because you ain't got nothing, you know what I'm saying. It was like, Yo, we gotta go. And then y'all kept it a buck. When we had something, you invited us back, Like that's what that. Let's celebrate that.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 5: By the way, I was a silly proud proud like because like y'all making us proud, y'all making you're making y'all making us.
Speaker 2: Say that we can still be and making dope music. That's right, That's what all is. Like it makes our platform relevant because this is what.
Speaker 5: Just keep this that we're doing that we're not old like you know, any other genre of music. When you make ten years your fucking season.
Speaker 2: Don't wash up. We're gonna take that worry out of our community can't do that ship. You know, I want to. I want to. I want to, I want to sell. I gotta, I gotta take.
Speaker 8: The one I want to I want to send to because you know you, you're putting in that good work.
Speaker 9: You're looking great.
Speaker 2: You my brother, thank you. It's inspiring to see hip hop.
Speaker 8: Watching because because we watched we we we watched the crack that destroy a lot of people. Like we like what we want to see that keep living. Rap supposed to be about the crack error or which is now the fitting on error. Whatever gaves me you want to rap about these type of things, like we want to do other stuff.
Speaker 2: People do other stuff.
Speaker 8: We have like to listen to stuff, but they have we have sectionalized it where it's like, yo, well I don't listen to rap because rap only does this.
Speaker 9: Like that's not true, Like it does different things. It's different.
Speaker 8: It's different elements of this thing, just like it's different elements of different type of music. Like so now we get to see some of the guys who used to go uh do some of the craziest wildless ship in front of us go like that. Now they talking about mental wellness and all that, Like the last time I was on drink Champs, I was drinking, right, I'm sober.
Speaker 2: I was just about yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now we we seeing guys die in front of us.
Speaker 8: We watched them live, we've seen them die, and we can say it's attributed to to this, this profession, whatever it is, whether it stress you to death, you know what I'm saying, which looks like like me personally, I feel like Sean Price gave his life for hip hop. You know what I'm saying. He died for this man fact man school, died doing what he does. God, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: God, he died doing what he do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: A lot of these guys was really pushing that issue. So we got to go that's important and don't die for the cloud though, Like what is that part?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like we we we remember them for what they did, you know what I'm saying. We were set like we love Nipsey for what he did, what he tried to do for his community. So we want to give something back to this thing right here.
Speaker 2: You know, don't die for the culture.
Speaker 8: It's a relationship where we can give something to you when you give something back not just buying our record.
Speaker 9: Man, we we this is a love relationship right here.
Speaker 5: So but that's the funny part about kind of like all of our relationship is.
Speaker 2: Maybe I met y'all through there, I met y'all through there.
Speaker 5: But the funny part is that juice Ball kind of played a role with absolutely absolutely we all kind.
Speaker 2: Of meant a healthy connections.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: From Brooklyn. I'm from Queens, Brooklyn, Queens. He's not supposed to Yeah, and Little Seasons styles and we're like all kind of man like not man definitely that's cool.
Speaker 7: Now we have come a long way and I think we've been through a lot and we're still here standing. I mean even just like the pieces the Brothers ever a brother convert and I think this this album, it helped me open up to what I was going through, just losing a lot of individuals back to back to back to back, because when you grieve or people don't really tell you how to agree with, you don't know how to agree and when they hit back to back, you don't have time to really grieve one because the next one is coming. And I think the inspiration behind that my brothers, my father, bestie Tianna it really helped us get this off of the ground, right, and I think behind that we're still here to infinity and beyond.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, you know what.
Speaker 5: That being said, which just said, I want to ask, like one of the lifelong questions is sometimes they say Mary makes up best music she goes through the drama. All right, maybe that's why I'm not making music. Maybe I'm not going through the drama that I once visualized.
Speaker 14: But is.
Speaker 2: When y'all make music, do you have to go through something? I mean, yeah, finishing that was it?
Speaker 5: Like, dude, is that something that applies to y'all as well? You have to go through drama to make something so classical as which have just made?
Speaker 2: Or is it you know? Well?
Speaker 7: I mean personally, I think going through something can be a good or bad is depending on how you decide to go through it. Before nine times you get up ten and it's about how you take that next step to continue.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 7: Don't have to be Deafit don't have to be losses to go through. You you came up and you have a great you're.
Speaker 2: Doing the runs.
Speaker 7: You're going through something so joyous that can be your inspiration to grab from something joyous. It don't have to be it's still pain, because just pain is just weakness leaving the bodies. So it can still be of some pain and it can be joyous to where you're speaking on that. And once you start I think, sitting down with me, because I got a book that I'm coming out right with. It's just the memoirs and some of the best lyrics of vocals. And I think once you start really talking about it, that's what helps navigate you through it, to get through it, because that's the goal. The goal is to get through it. No matter how you get around it. The goal is to get through it. And once you start speaking and hearing your own voice, and you got a good team behind you, I think once you start talking, that's going to help your pen even flow even more so that's to lose it and come back. Yeah, I just I forgot he was on the show.
Speaker 2: Somewhere.
Speaker 7: To go through it and come back from it, that's the most blessings that you can receive, because you know, he didn't bring us this far as just to come as far.
Speaker 5: I mean, as long as as long as I can re remember. The black experience in music has always been connected to life. So Curtis Mayfield doesn't make Superfly. If drugs wasn't in what was going on in the seventies, wasn't a thing Mary j wouldn't have played made a lot of my life. I mean, we go down just the OJ's wouldn't make crowd together like Lenny Williams part of it.
Speaker 2: Lenny Williams wouldn't have made because I love you, you know what I mean? Like this struggle is not a bad strug. No it's not.
Speaker 5: No, it's not no, it's not at all. But life, life has to happen. Life is a struggle. Life has to happen, and her life is going to accident on art then there it is.
Speaker 8: Right, there's things that you just didn't excuse me, There's a lot of things that you could talk about, but you got to want to talk about it. And then and then I guess because the game would do do ship to you. It's like do I want to even share this with you cats?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: So some people can use it for for for purpose, just for outlet like he was talking about. Now, I don't I don't think that you you will would lacked stuff because you have wild experiences congratulations on rand daughter and all that exactly, just like you can you can rap about running healthy. Like we have a song on the Shining On called Home, Sweet Home where I rap about an incident where my uncle got locked up and Ruler, you know, and I'm like at the end, I'm like, I can't wait for him to come home because you know we're going to get it popper when he come home, like Rule did, like twenty seven years he home though, now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So it's like I can round about that, like what what does that feel like?
Speaker 2: What is that like?
Speaker 8: And maybe even get some information from him where I could go like what was that like? Where he his experience because he had to watch our whole journey from behind the wall.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So it's like this is why we always like salute the guy behind the wall, because they inspired us to stay the fuck up out of there, you know what I mean. Like, don't I don't act like you gotta follow everything, like we we put it in the form of a wrap, so we always got something to talk about. You know, it's not just our experience. We we are the poets of our community and our environment. So we kind of like it's an outlet. You gotta feel that, you gotta you got some mash it to say.
Speaker 2: But I know that's so, And if you ever need us, we have. I love this rumor. Right, people think that I got my hair done. I am. This is my mother.
Speaker 5: We got your hairstyles, right, hair whatever, Right, There's no way I could have went to Turkey.
Speaker 2: And not been filmed anywhere. We have the foot of What I'm trying to tell you is that's the fucking living.
Speaker 5: You can't do ship right, But if you could go outside and take a piss, You're unlucky.
Speaker 2: Mother. That's a fact. Because there's somebody tall that was just filming fish and you just walked in.
Speaker 8: There and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, camera and gonna stort your ass. He's gonna text you and be like, hey man, I got you.
Speaker 7: That hairship is so crazy. I remember when Kiss started growing his head.
Speaker 2: The kids been hating on me.
Speaker 3: I don't get me on were talking about the one time on listen we want young Green Nord, the Green Norm.
Speaker 14: When I picked this up, I said like this, really, this is you could be green Nord too.
Speaker 5: This is I never I never thought is this the cameraip hop taking this long. Never thought, like you know, the end of the late eighties early nineties, we had a we had a wed a box of stuff called do The little duke said, and I never thought, and the lady said, dark and lovely stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I never thought I would know somebody the who was on the box.
Speaker 5: A man said, he's and I'm glad I saw here because I walked into like the beauty supply store.
Speaker 16: So like yomen re becud, can we get down the box?
Speaker 2: I got to do like boxing. My whole sh make me a hard You're great because it's St. Patrick's day. Try hold you.
Speaker 14: I tried to try to. I tried, man, you know, I was using to say die. I tried that ship and I walked up with my whole Yeah, yeah, my ship was you want around? You got to you got to black, said Jet Nord.
Speaker 5: Yeah, black black Jet black Jet Yeah.
Speaker 17: Day, he said, So this is on the stands now it will be yeah, and you get have you put it in, you get your hair cut. The hair grows the same way.
Speaker 2: The shame. It's new technology is behind it. Bro. I guarantee ship is off the shade. It's a good shot for that. Yeah, for sure, I know somebody know the coup o. Thank you guys. I'm glad I saw this here. I'm glad I saw it here. Please. Yeah, the song of the Beautiful Water Vina. I know it's not it's gonna be a CBS. It's gonna be a CBS. Say you called to be in the CPS. That is the major league, man, But.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, we got to do the picture and some drop. Thank you brothers man, sincerely man, because uh, this is this is the work of art. It's a masterpiece classic. I'm truly not saying that because I have relationships with y'all. I'm saying that because this is really what it is, and that's hands down. I was very, very proud to listen to hip hop and its entirety like that. To listen to hip hop and be like, damn, we can still make.
Speaker 3: That make out make out not singles, know that that still existed. I was just like, y'all can still rock an album?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jedi. So I just want to say, thank y'all, thank you. We're gonna take some. Yes.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noria go on I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com