Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and Pee.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Gutty so I, Joe, Eddy and my bride Judy.
Speaker 2: After many, many, many.
Speaker 3: Years of talking about doing this, finally made our big trip to Europe. Part of the problem is just Jack and I rarely take two weeks in a row off, and by the time you spend you know, unless you live like in a major international airport on the east coast city, it takes a while to get there and then it takes a while to get back, and so you've got to build a couple of days on each and blah blah blah. And so we've been talking about this for years. We finally did it. We went and took one of those river cruises in this specifically in the southern Germany, Bavaria, Austria, Little.
Speaker 2: Hungary, that sort of thing. Slovakia too interesting. There's one river that goes through all those places, the Danube. As a matter of fact, yes, yeah, and it was. It was. It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: It was great, except that the week before we got in there, there was a huge snowfall and then heavy, heavy rains right around when we were getting there, And anybody who lives near rivers knows there's a couple of days that everything's flowing into those rivers. Long story short, the rivers got so high and we're running so swiftly they closed all the locks, and two and a half days and two nights before we were supposed to do they booted us off the boat and said we can't be on the river anymore, which was such a bummer because I was absolutely loving it, not just the life on the boat and the people and the food and the drink, and then watching the world go by from the top deck, even though it was cold. I was up there, bundled up, watching the little villages go by, loving it so much.
Speaker 4: So do you sleep on the boat or you stop in towns and state hotels?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that you have lovely cabins on the boat. Okay, did you sleep in and a big boat?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Oh it is, yeah, although it's not a it's not a big big boat. I think there were a hundred and thirty two people on it, and you know, it's a fairly high dollar thing to do. But again, we've been putting it off for decades. But great cruise company that's not paying for air time, so I won't mention them. But they since they had to boot us off the boat, they hastily arranged some other stuff to do and a couple of extra nights in Muniche.
Speaker 2: Like the airlines give you a free drink ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. You can sleep on shore if you want. Those trees over there will probably give you some shelter. But so we had already committed to spend two nights in Munich, and we ended up with four nights in Munich, Germany, which was absolutely I mean, as things go, if you're going to have a curveball thrown at you, that's a pretty good result. And we just loved being in Munich. It's a cool city. It's tons and tons of history, food, drink, that sort of thing. And I want to get to Munich, specifically in a couple of brown Oh are you kidding me? A couple of stray notes before I get into the important stuff. In Vienna, Austria, which we spent several nights in at the beginning of the trip.
Speaker 2: I ate so much Wiener Schnitzel.
Speaker 3: I ate it like night number one and thought, this is the best thing I've ever had. I am going to compare and contrast the Vener's Schnitzel.
Speaker 2: Everywhere we go. So I got heavily into vener Schnenzel. So good. Now, what is that?
Speaker 3: Roughly, just briefly, Well, it's like a pressed down veal, usually breaded with some super delicious potatoes and then cranberry like preserves that you have with it. And you combine the bread and meat with the potatoes with the cranberry, and you eat it all at once, and it's proof that God loves us and wants.
Speaker 2: Us to be happy.
Speaker 4: But we don't eat it in America. I saw you the picture you sent us. I thought, why isn't this a more common thing in the United States.
Speaker 3: You got to go to a German restaurant that's really the only people to serve it. But I fell in love with it. Second stray note Google Tran. I've said Google is evil many many times as a corporation. They remind me of how some Muslims view the United States. They call us the great Satan. They don't mean the great evil, they mean the great temp tour with the pleasures of the flesh. And materialism and porn and the rest of it. Google's the great temp tour. It offers you these incredible tools and then steals all your data, right, And you know, give them the choice between having Satan steal my soul and Google steal my data. You can have my data. But they're the great Satan in that way. And one of their temptations is Google Translate.
Speaker 2: It is so amazing. I hadn't even thought of that. Remember my story.
Speaker 4: I used that with the maid when the guy disappeared in my neighborhood a while back, and I was so amazed by it. But when I went to Russia that was pre iPhone. Now would have changed everything on thatsblutely if I could have gotten around with Google Translate.
Speaker 3: So not only can you type in a phrase and get it translated, you can use the microphone and it translates on the fly, or you can take a picture of a sign and it'll tell you what the science says.
Speaker 2: Gotta be fantastic. Oh, and I was so geeking out on that.
Speaker 3: I studied German for years and years, but it's a hard language and that was years ago, so it was so much fun to think, you know.
Speaker 2: I think I know what that means in verify it.
Speaker 3: Or you'd come across a slogan for a Schnitzel company and you'd think I could translate it in German, but I was like, what the hell does that actually mean? So anyway, I geeked out on Google Translate that would be so handy.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It was just fun. So anyway, that.
Speaker 3: Third stray note when we had to get booted off the boat because all the locks had closed and everything.
Speaker 2: It was Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: I spent seven and a half hours of Christmas Day on a bus, which was just not that great, going from Bratislava in Slovakia, which is a great old historic city to Saltzburg, Mozart's hometown, which was it was a very interesting day, but it was like five hours to get there, and then after spending half of the day in Salzburg, then it was time to start our stint in Munich, which was another two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Although oh that brings to mind.
Speaker 3: It was my first experience on the autobon the Audubon famously, where there is no speed limit, but the Germans are incredibly disciplined drivers.
Speaker 2: Everybody follows the damned law.
Speaker 3: So if you want to pass, you move to the left, you pass, you immediately get.
Speaker 2: Back to the right immediately.
Speaker 3: I saw maybe one exception to that in miles and hours and hours and hours of travel.
Speaker 2: It admires the discipline of the Germans. Oh, I absolutely. Do you sound a little like Trump?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I will tell I will tell you this.
Speaker 3: On the way to the airport, our our on the autobon our taxi driver, taxi, it was like a really nice Mercedes. But our driver to the airport hit one hundred and five mile proper awesome on the autobobo. Well, I like it.
Speaker 4: Nice cars, it's nothing to go that fast. So I don't know why we can't do it in the United States. But do you think they follow the laws so strictly? Are the penalties just so strict or is it just a cultural thing? We follow the rules?
Speaker 3: Ding ding Ding, which brings me to section two of our talk. Munich is the birthplace of the Nazi movement, the National Socialists as they refer to them in in Germany. And is everybody that's correct, Michael, In all of the years of you playing that clip, finally it's appropriate. And I Joe have long been an avid student to the point of near obsession of the rise and follow the Third Reich, partly because I studied German language and culture and history, and also because I am apparently unendingly fascinated by the idea of a dopey little political part started by a bunch of losers and misfits gaining the reins of a modern large nation and then leading to the greatest conflagration known to man and the slaughter of millions and millions and millions of innocent people. How does that happen among Homo sapiens is one of my greatest fascinations. And so there I was in Munich, at the birthplace of the Nazi movement. In a couple of things we did, and God bless my bride. I am so lucky to be married to the best friend I'll ever have, and she knows how I am about that. So she said, yeah, hey, this is your party. If you want to do that, let's do that. And so in between the gigantic steins of dark beer and the Wiener Schnitzel and the window shopping and history and that sort of thing, I geeked out on the whole Nazi history. They have the National Socialist Documentation Center. It's a four story museum of the rise in the fall of the Third Reich, with contemporary news articles, post speech, is video everything, it's how it happened.
Speaker 4: So that's part of their laying on their backs, showing their belly. They're embarrassed by a thing that they've been doing for years.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I wouldn't put it exactly that way, but that's close enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they the German people not only went along with, but a lot of them went along with very enthusiastically the Nazi movement, which led to all those millions of dad And you could certainly argue the rise of the Soviet Union really in the second half of the twentieth century, but and the Iron Curtain and the rest of it. So yeah, yeah, it's it's atonement. But that center, if you ever get a chance to go to it, is just amazing in that it fleshes it out. How do you go from unknown, destitute, former corporal in the military to fere with the power to kill millions and millions of people. It fleshes that out. And the second thing we did, and if you have any questions, shack free to jump.
Speaker 4: Trump showing us according to The New York Times, Trump, I'm sorry, what now?
Speaker 2: Trump is showing us how you do that? According to the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not exactly, although there are elements of it that are similar, wildly overblown in this case, but similar, And I want to get to that. But the second thing we did was we went to the doc Out concentration camp, which was an unspeakably horrific place of death and torture and misery and starvation and disease and levels of cruelty that are worth contemplating if you're the sort of person who can it's. It's it's a fascinating experience to tour it and read all of it. It is a miserable experience. It's it's heartbreaking and disturbing, and you know, I could go on and on about it.
Speaker 2: I won't. Two people, but the Dacout model was exported to all of the.
Speaker 3: Dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of concentration camps we all know about the famous ones.
Speaker 2: There were many of them, and satellite camps go on.
Speaker 4: Sorry do people shuffle around quietly looking stressed at this I've never been to anything like this before.
Speaker 3: Serious and contemplative. Yeah, and I'm looking at the clock. We need to take a break. There's more to say and I want to say. But my final note, the one weirdly encouraging thing about it is it's an extremely quote unquote popular place that people visit.
Speaker 2: Millions of people visit, which is good because.
Speaker 4: They want to peer into what humanity is capable of.
Speaker 3: And I think they walk away understanding a little bit more of how you don't play with this sort of thing because it'll go seriously wrong.
Speaker 4: And how interesting having had October seventh happen being reminded, Oh, people still can do that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, specifically to the jew.
Speaker 2: Let it know, we got Luigi.
Speaker 5: I really feel sorry for the for the family. I mean, everybody's fixating it on how good looking this guy looks.
Speaker 2: If he looked like Jonah Hiddle, no one would care. They'd already gave him him a chair, already be dead.
Speaker 4: Okay, But he actually killed a man, a.
Speaker 5: Man, a man with a family, you know, so the healthcare ceo. I mean, this is a real person, you know, but you also got a you know, sometimes drug dealers get shot.
Speaker 4: Chris Rock on Saturday Night Live, obviously that was controversial, although he went farther than a lot lot of people on that side of politics have gone in feeling bad about a actual human being, a father, husband being gunned down by a psychopath.
Speaker 2: Luigi has gotten a high profile lawyer.
Speaker 4: I guess because he got all the gofundmes out there and rich people who want to support his defense.
Speaker 2: Give me ninety one, Michael, he was brilliant his whole life. He comes from his great family.
Speaker 6: I mean something changed, right, significantly, something changed, and they're going to I think potentially have a not guilty by reason of insanity potential defense.
Speaker 4: I think that is not only a good way to avoid the worst kind of prison. Probably it might actually be true. He might have gone crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a gal who is on a panel on ABC and a high profile defense lawyer, and she got hired up by the family who apparently either liked the cut of her jib or saw on maybec or something like that.
Speaker 2: If I have.
Speaker 4: My act together as the murderous scumbag, like my brain's working, what I'm telling my lawyer is I'm guilty and there's no way you're going to be able to do anything about that. But keep me out of one of those horrible prisons where I'm like getting beaten to death by some horrible gang. You know that my concern So two interesting theories about what went to south with this this young man in his brain.
Speaker 2: Number One, we had a listener who's.
Speaker 3: Got some experience with this point out that what appeared to be a really serious spine injury often goes with traumatic brain injury that is, or is not always diagnosed properly, and mood changes and personality changes can go along with TBI who knows just a thought because he has a hell of a lot of screws in his spine for a young man of his age. Second thing, though, is Fox News was interviewing this Cornell law professor about how brutally anti corporate this young man appears to be with all of his Ivy League credentials, and he said, quote, it's fairly uniform in the Ivy League and others so called elite educational institutions that they skew extremely heavily to the left among the faculty. The Modern Democratic Party leans very heavily to the left, has a very strong anti American, anti capitalist wing to it. So not surprised me if somebody growing up and getting educated in that atmosphere became radicalized. Activism is now considered a vital part of the teaching for many professors, he said, they do not distinguish between their teaching and their activism. That most clearly manifests itself on the anti Israel front, but it's elsewhere too, on the anti capitalist front. If you're educating yourself in that atmosphere, I certainly could understand why someone would have hostile views towards a health insurance company.
Speaker 4: So he got radicalized, right, Yeah, so his whole spine injury, brain injury, or maybe win schizophrenic or whatever. That's all possible, of course. But there's also an awful lot of people that went to the same kind of colleges he went to who think it was a good idea that he killed this guy.
Speaker 3: So you remember that assistant to English professor her statement the other day that it was the best thing or it made her joyful or whatever the hell she said. Yeah, Penn has come out and said antrasetical to the values, not condoned, inappropriate, in offensive or offensive. So yeah, but it was the classic definition of a gaff, she said. The quiet part out loud. She accidentally got caught telling the truth.
Speaker 4: So far, there's been no copycat that we're aware of. Oh, I hope that continues. Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 3: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day. Every single podcast platform known demand downloaded.
Speaker 2: Now Armstrong and Getty on demand. I'll range on Capitol Hills.
Speaker 1: After eight suspected terrorists from Tajikistan were arrested in the United States, The men who investigators believe have ties to ISIS, crossed illegally at the US southern border. House Majority Leader Steve Scaliz blaming President Joe Biden's policies.
Speaker 4: How many more terrorists are in our country because Joe Biden opened up the southern border and Chinese intelligence agents. More on that in just a second. But this hour is going to be exciting. So Hunter's stripper Baby Mama has a book coming out. Joe Getty has excerpts from the book. That's exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh shocking excerpts. Jack.
Speaker 3: We will bear all when it comes to the sordid life of Hunter Biden.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about the insanity that luckily is making national news the subway in New York where they announced anybody who's a Zionist needs to get off the train now, and people chanting, what.
Speaker 3: The hell is going on? Did you say Berlin in nineteen thirty six?
Speaker 2: Now? It's crazy AnyWho.
Speaker 4: This story should be getting more intention Eight dudes with ties to isis arrested. Who would it would be actually better in a way if they had snuck across the border without encountering anybody. The fact that they did encounter border patrol and went through the process we currently have in place and still got into the country because they barely do anything when they encounter you. I mean, what is the They call it a vetting process.
Speaker 2: What is the vetting process?
Speaker 3: It's utterly insufficient, obviously, and so I think this is a useful screw up. It's so ugly and clearly unacceptable. It illustrates the fact that the border is so overwhelmed. The folks at the border are so overwhelmed. Any quote unquote vetting they're doing is is almost hilariously inadequate. We need serious change right now. I know if the vast majority of Americans agree with us as well on that.
Speaker 4: One of your terrorist experts was on some cable channel the other day talking about the terrorist attack we've mostly forgotten that happened in uh outside of Moscow at that concert. Remember watching the footage of that. They just ran through the building shooting people. Yeah, somebody could put something like that together in the United States.
Speaker 3: Hopeful they were Tajiks too, weren't they. I did that allegedly.
Speaker 4: I don't remember where they were from. But they did have the whole isis ties thing. And hopefully it'd be hard to get your hands on weapons, but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It would be. Oh in the US.
Speaker 3: No, you just go down to it some you know, degenerate blue city and wave some cash in front of gang members and you'll have all the guns you want.
Speaker 4: Let's go a little more reporting on this before we talk. Just more from that same Fox report Michael sources.
Speaker 1: Say a majority of these suspected terrorists were found in New York, where a Democratic councilman says he's worried there could be another attack in the Big Apple.
Speaker 7: It's frightening and we're headed for another nine to eleven. I predicted that. I think we should have a secure border. We should know who's coming into our country. We don't.
Speaker 2: Notable.
Speaker 3: That's a democratic councilman. I think the problem has become so enormous and so unmistakable.
Speaker 2: I mean, again, look at the poll numbers.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised to hear Democrats speaking out a little more forcefully because they hear their.
Speaker 2: Constituents howling for something to be done.
Speaker 4: I guess this happens. I was just thinking, there's been some examples in my life. I guess where there's a a problem clearly coming and.
Speaker 2: You know it, but you just don't want to deal with it now or.
Speaker 4: Seems too hard or something, and then it happens, and then you're like, yeah, probably should have dealt with that earlier. This is an extreme example of that. I mean, yeah, obviously, you can't just let hundreds of thousands of random men from the Middle East come across your border or China or wherever.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, exactly, And it's become so well known around the world. Anybody you want in the US just send them to the Mexican border and say, yeah, yeah, they're killing everybody in my village.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need asylum.
Speaker 3: And whoever, whatever agent you want gets into the United States and back in the homeland, they're probably the various you know, war lords and ISIS leaders and Chinese intelligence chiefs are probably saying, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, now, it can't be that easy. Stop it. No country behaves like that. You have to convince.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the US just letting in anybody who wants to come in. It's really shocking.
Speaker 4: Yes, how about some mainstream media coverage of it. This is NBC, which focuses on you know, maybe things have changed with that whole executive order that Joe Biden put through a week or so ago, and maybe, you know, they've closed the barn door.
Speaker 2: Finally, let's see new evidence.
Speaker 8: Migrants who cross the border illegally are still being released into the US by border agents. A senior DHS official tells NBC News those releases have dropped by more than half, but are still happening because agents don't have enough space to detain the large numbers of arriving migrants. An internal memo to border patrol agents in San Diego directs agents there to release migrants into the United States. Overall illegal border crossings under the new policy are still high, but have dropped from four thousand to three thousand per day. The record nearly ten million migrants entering the US since he took office. Wow, But the Border Patrol Union says the president's new action is it's not tough enough.
Speaker 2: That's NBC News, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: The idea that you could come apply to be somewhere and you get to stay there as your probably phony application is being assessed over the course of years and years. It's very odd that practice, like showing up to buy somebody's house and saying, by the way, I'm living here now, well, you decide on my offer, I get to live here, and if you throw me out, you're the bad guy.
Speaker 2: It's just well again, it's insane. Remember we had the.
Speaker 4: Polling like a week ago that a majority of Americans now favor a wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the majority of Americans, including independence in a substantial chunk, was that forty percent of Democrats are in favor of deporting all illegal aliens. It is overwhelmingly popular. Which if you just if you want to say, if we took calls day, I'm strugging to getty.
Speaker 2: You know, I think Joe Biden is just a. He doesn't lead at all. He's just a prostitute to whatever is his voters wanted to. He has no principles, He's just yeah.
Speaker 3: But his voters want him to kick all these people out of the country and secure the border.
Speaker 2: What are they doing?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, The wording from that CBS poll was, would you be in favor of deporting all undocumented immigrants?
Speaker 2: Which has never.
Speaker 4: Been on the table, will never be on the table, It would be undoable even if they passed it. And yet nearly two thirds of Americans said, yeah, I'd be all for that. How do you not read that in the White House and think, oh, we are so far to the left of America on this, no wonder.
Speaker 2: We're losing by thirty.
Speaker 4: To fifty points depending on the question on this issue, and yet they're tied.
Speaker 2: Yet overall they're tied.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, that's discouraging. I hate to end on a discouraging note. You know, here's a tangent in the mood for a tangent. I was thinking about this, and it's this may be a poor example now because of what I was just saying about the overwhelming support among Americans for closing the border and having seen immigration policies. But like in the early days of the Biden administration, when just undoing anything Trump did seemed like the right thing to do, I don't what am I driving at.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: There's way too much representation and too little leadership in a lot of government. In other words, just fulfilling the whims of this constituency or that constituency, whether it's a good idea or not, in a way that you wouldn't have done in the old days, because you wouldn't have known about those temporary whims of a constituency. Because communication is so fast and easy now, you can have you know, sixty jackasses in your district mad about a good policy because they don't understand it, and you'd be completely swayed by that as a congress person. And I'm looking to our own industry, and you see it reflected in various websites and news channels and stuff like that. They have the ability now to track second by second when people tune in, when they tune out what you're doing, when they tune out what you're doing, when they're staying tuned. It's in radio two, but we ignore it for various reasons. But you become this like you're being jerked on a chain, serving the momentary whims of the audience in a way that seems like good business at first, but then it's to me, it's like shoveling in sugar. That first bite sounds great, tastes great, and all, but you just keep shoveling it in until you're sick.
Speaker 2: It's a it's how do I explain this?
Speaker 3: Being in Congress has always been a balance between being a leader and being a representative. And if your constituents wants something loathsome stupid and unconstitutional, that's when you've got to be a leader. And I just I think we've got too much representative and not enough leader in our politics.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty clear, some of which has to do with the small donor fundraising.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, oh yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 4: Of course, big donor fundraising would reward leadership. Small donor fundraising rewards you doing what I yelled about right right.
Speaker 3: Literally, it can be a ten minute like political cycle.
Speaker 2: This is a news story.
Speaker 3: We're all fired up, I send you twenty five bucks and then everybody forgets about it ten minutes later.
Speaker 2: But I've raised three million dollars.
Speaker 4: And the AOC's and the Marjorie Taylor Greens understand that better than anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Armstrong and Getty show, Yeah, or Jack or show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 2: Why is it so cold with dear Michael?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I had turned it up and then the air condition turned itself back on.
Speaker 2: It's punishment.
Speaker 4: I guess it's punishment for what I did to that we did to deserve this. But it's like fifty eight degrees in here being treated like North Korean dissidents. Huh, what's up with that? Speaking of North Korea, woke up to see that Putin and North Koreas signed a pact.
Speaker 2: They now have a packed to come to.
Speaker 4: Each other's defense if they are attacked by I guess they're implying us well. And it's full of what delights me in spite of the horror of the thing. I am always amused by the stilted, grandiose language that comes out of every pronouncement from North Korea. The permanent friendship built of solid granite between our two gargantuan peoples.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's just always that inflated rhetoric. I'll find the specifics for you.
Speaker 4: But it's just that's pretty good, ridiculous, solid, gargantuan peoples.
Speaker 3: They are pledged an everlasting friendship and on wavering support. I do agreement would form the backbone of the countries.
Speaker 2: BA right, oh here it is.
Speaker 3: I am confident that during this visit the ardent friendship between the two countries will be strengthling.
Speaker 2: Like I'm on a list, all right.
Speaker 4: I don't get the crowd that doesn't think we need to engage these people. Russia and China and North Korea and Iran are intertwined in more ways than they've ever been. Iran's providing weapons to Russia. Russia's providing stuff to Iran. It's shown up in fighting Israel and Ukraine and all over the place.
Speaker 2: In China.
Speaker 4: Of course, we know what China is and they're all working together, and it's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's terrible for the world. This is a major world moment. Yeah, it is. I think the isolation is crowded.
Speaker 3: Neo isolationists would say, well, they're just doing that because the US has pressured them. They form a eard kind of alliance with the self hating liberal. They believe that all evil that befalls the world that has anything to do with the United States is the fault of the United State. Well, I spent a decent chunk of my adulthood as a near isolationist, so it's not like I'm completely out of touch with that thinking.
Speaker 2: I do think I was wrong at this point. It would be wonderful if isolationism worked. That would be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Oh, you don't have to get involved in everything. That's certainly true. And we've gotten involved in things we didn't need to get involved in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say that's absolutely true.
Speaker 3: And like most things in life, the extreme points of view are very simple and easy to understand, and so people like them. And the truth in foreign policy, like in life, is that, no, it's going to be a bunch of difficult judgments, and so many of them are going to be like right on the margin. You're just not sure. But the idea that you can just isolate yourself, especially in the new global instantaneous communication, practically instantaneous weaponry world, it's just not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I.
Speaker 4: Mentioned yesterday, you weren't here on Friday when we talked to Josh Rogan and his article in the Washington Post, US military plans a hellscape to deter China. And it's pretty damned interesting. But we're taking it super seriously as we should. That China is going to move on Taiwan at some point, and it could happen. I don't think there's any stopping it. Actually, there's a quote from Trump where Trump said, oh, in the latest interview with Time magazine, when he asked if we would defend Taiwan, he said it would depend on the circumstances. President Trump once told a GOP senator in a closed meeting that there isn't a blanking thing we can do about it. If China decides to take Taiwan. I think that's close to right. It's gonna happen in like an hour. I mean someday. All these military exercises they have like the other day where they got the whole island surrounded with ships and planes and everything like that, what if they actually do it for real?
Speaker 2: How would we stop that? Yeah, it might not even be an attack, it would just be a siege.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the healthscape idea is we got gazillions of unmanned submarines and flying drones and all kinds of stuff that we would unleash on them instantly to try to slow them down to buy us some time, because our Pentagon knows that they're gonna be able to do this in like an, you know, fifteen minutes if they decided to do it, So we got to move super duper fast. So we got the hellscape that is the drone attack, and then that buys us of the time plugged.
Speaker 2: The zone with some drones. It's a zone drone well exactly, good luck.
Speaker 3: But I read Josh's piece at your recommendation and thought, wow, that is really intriguing, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure I'm buying right. Well, I have to say the.
Speaker 3: Incredible interconnection of virtually all of the economies, No, that's not true. I mean North Korean rush, aren't that interduce? Anyway? Economic intertwining is what's holding China back at this point. And it would not be an easy military victory over Taiwan, not by any stretch of the imagination. Whether it could be turned back is a different question. It would probably be really quagmiriy.
Speaker 4: So I'm going through the America's Cold Wars of David sangerbook, and he has got a long piece in there about the relationship between Russian and China through the years, and Stalin was somewhat shocked at one point when Mao, who chairman, she idolizes and wants to be the new Mao. Mao told Stalin, I'm perfectly fine with losing one hundred million people if I have to defeat the United States a hundred million.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if she's close to that number, but if he was a fraction of it, if he's only willing to lose a million men, we don't have that kind of appetite. Nothing within a thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: And that's one of the great weaknesses we have as Americans is we think everybody thinks like us. Maybe it's because we're isolated by a couple of oceans. But I've mentioned this before. In Maine, kompf har Hitler mentions that if you're going to be one of the great men of history, you have to be willing to sacrifice the tens of thousands at any moment, and if you don't have the gall for that, you're not going to be a great man of history.
Speaker 2: Well that's rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, healthscape, can we do we actually have a hellscape ready to go?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a secret. I hope we do.
Speaker 4: I hope we have a healthscape of drones, submarine drones, submarine drones and air drones at the same time, very exciting flood to zone. We need those Chinese, We need those Chinese dogs. I've seen the robot dogs with the machine gun on their back.
Speaker 2: A swim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it wouldn't help mechanize dog paddle, right, it still looks scary you. If I see one of those Chinese metal dogs running at me with a machine gun, I'm gonna I'm gonna lose my mud.
Speaker 2: As they said in the Civil War, Armstrong and Getty