Speaker 1: The NBA is back finally after four months off, the league we all love so much is ready to restart in Orlando this week. Couldn't be more excited to be talking about actual basketball on this podcast. Also very excited to let y'all know that The Athletic is now offering forty percent off an annual subscription if you go to the Athletic dot Com slash No Dunks. Great way to support the Athletic, Great way to support No Dunks, because you're gonna be getting exclusive, in depth coverage of the NBA's unprecedented bubble restart. Not only that you're getting coverage about the WNBA restart, you're getting coverage about baseball's sixty game season. It's unprecedented times. These are unprecedented seasons, and this is an unprecedented deal because you're getting all that writing, you're getting all that coverage, and you're also able to listen to every single podcast on the Athletic Podcast Network totally add free. What an incredible deal. Go to the Athletic dot Com slash No Dunks so you can subscribe now and save forty percent off an annual subscription.
Speaker 2: Sports are back.
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss breaking stories from your favorite teams and your favorite writers. So go to the athletic dot com slash no dunks for forty percent off an annual subscription.
Speaker 3: October twenty second, It's Opening Night and the marquee game on the schedule is Ring Night.
Speaker 2: For the defending world champion Giro Rectors.
Speaker 3: The Battle for Los Angeles. The first time anyone gets to see Anthony Davis alongside Lebron James and Lakers goal. The first time Kawhi Leonard will wear a Clippers jersey, the first time Lakers versus Clippers might actually be the two best teams in the league. Squaring off, the Clippers win one twenty two, one to twelve. Kawhi leads all scores with thirty in his LA debut, while Anthony Davis goes for twenty five, nine and five in the loss. Paul George is still on the shelf after getting what he calls new shoulders. But this is the kind of victory people were expecting to see, as defense and depth leads the Clips to a victory in their technical home opener, the two teams would go their separate ways for a while.
Speaker 1: For the first time in a decade, Lebron. James had a long rest after playing in the finals from twenty eleven to twenty eighteen, and injured groin halted Lebron's eighteen nineteen season early, and for once he actually got to chill.
Speaker 2: It paid off right away.
Speaker 1: Stinging from that opening night loss to the Clippers, the Lakers went on a tear, with Lebron looking like the best player in the world again and leading the league and assists at thirty five years old. The Lake Show would go on to win twenty five four of their next twenty six games. Lebron relished the challenges, like in a Game of the Year candidate against the MAVs and Luka Doncic thirty nine, twelve and sixteen for Lebron, thirty one, thirteen and fifteen for Doncic, As Justin Kubatko tweeted, Luca became the youngest player in NBA history with thirty ten and fifteen of the game and Lebron became the oldest player in the same game. That was incredible just seeing them after the game, the way that Lebron was like, man, it's awesome, how much you like me and how good you are. Yeah, that was a special moment that was cool to see how long Davis was brilliant as expected next to Lebron, easily piling up points and rebounds while generating dpoy buzz as La built a fearsome defense on the strength of ad new edition Danny Green and a resurgent Dwight Howard, tied with the Bucks at twenty four and three for best in the league. The Lakers finally faltered at the end of December, first the perhaps understandable loss in Indiana just days before a marquee matchup with Milwaukee. Then the Bucks wouldn't fall, and Giannis kinged himself.
Speaker 3: Giannis putting on the crown. He hits a shot, he goes back the other way and puts on the per ten crown nine minutes left in the fourth. I think he's saying, it's my turn.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what he's saying.
Speaker 1: I wear this now, he's saying as he is putting it on. Lebron sat a couple of nights later against the Nuggets, and the Lakers lost their third straight, tallying as many losses in a week as they had in the season's first two and a half months. A Christmas Day matchup with the Clippers was next on the schedule.
Speaker 4: The Lakers had Lebron, but the Clippers had Kawhi except well when they didn't have them, just like he did during his sixty game championship season for the Raptors. Comer, Okay, come out, We're not going to do this again, all right, I'm just saying what happened. Kawhi Leonard played for the Raptors, he sat out games for load management, and he continued to do so.
Speaker 2: For the Clippers, at least until the league told them to hide others Kwi Leonard.
Speaker 4: He sat out that loss last night, missing the front end of a back to back set as part of load management. Many derided the Clipper's decision to sit Kawhi against the Honest with the poll quote of the day, it's probably coming from Doris Burke, who said, why not playing to me is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The memo said quote.
Speaker 4: Load management is not an injury or an appropriate description of an injury under the injury reporting procedures.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like what the reason you're resting is? Is it because of your legs? Is it because you're just got it?
Speaker 2: Your eyelids are heavy?
Speaker 4: Injured eyelids yeah.
Speaker 2: This is the thing.
Speaker 1: It's basically saying, be good about lying or be honest. I don't know which it is.
Speaker 5: Be honest about lying, Yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: It's important to be good at lying.
Speaker 4: Since the reprimand, Kawhi has continued to rest when he and the team decides if necessary, just like before one game he didn't skip. However, was that return to Toronto?
Speaker 5: What a video though, What a tribute video there from the Raptors. I thought that was perfect.
Speaker 2: Bomer, you just homered yourself. That's really weird, that's true.
Speaker 5: Paul George and his brand new shoulders returned midway through November. Ironically enough, in a game Kawhi was resting. PG immediately returned to a high level, splashing threes and fitting perfectly next to Kawaii when they both took the court. But as the winds piled up, the drama continued, and this time, rather than loads being managed, it was into family relations.
Speaker 2: Doc Rivers is at mid court right now, Tony.
Speaker 6: Brothers look at the sunseting call him for a tea tea.
Speaker 2: Uh my dad, he's on the other team in there. Its Doc's son.
Speaker 4: Begging for his dad to get a technical. And now waving for him.
Speaker 2: Past have just looked at us.
Speaker 5: He's I get a listens to the Bulls and the Suns confused, just as much as wins against the Celtics and Rockets reassured the Clippers were obviously good. They just didn't have the pedal to the medal. Christmas Day against the Lakers was a chance to prove what they are.
Speaker 3: December twenty fifth, the Lakers are down three, They're twenty seconds left and the ball is in Lebron's hands. He's struggling tonight, but he hit a couple threes earlier in the fourth. And come on, it's Lebron James. Of course, he has the ball in his hands. He's guarded by Kawhi to start. Then after a screen it's Montres Harrel. Then after another screen it's Patrick Beverly. Yeah, these Clippers are deep. The ball banks to the corner. Then back to Lebron on the right wing, with Beverly all up in his shorts. Now there's eight seconds left on the clock. Lebron jabs dribbles once steps back to his right, rising for three over the much shorter Beverly.
Speaker 6: Knocked out of his hands to flickt it out of bounds.
Speaker 7: Patrick Beverlely bought a spectacular defensive.
Speaker 3: Player strips it clean, so clean the refs go to replay and see that not only did he block lebron shot on the way up, it also hit bronze hands on the way out of bounds. After an interminable amount of time at the scorers table and a whole bunch of that would be the Lakers ball if we were playing pick up, the Clippers got the ball back. Day won one hundred and eleven to one oh six. It's two oh Clippers. They're scheduled to play again in a month.
Speaker 1: Having proven themselves with their Christmas Day victory, the Clips take it easy. The winds still come, but they're often uninspiring. In an odd stretch, they give up one hundred and forty and a loss to the Grizzlies, then barely beat the Nixon Warriors.
Speaker 2: A couple weeks later.
Speaker 1: A surprise loss to the Lowly Hawks leads to our first real drama from either of the Hollywood squads. Montres Harral his quotes after losing to the Grizzlies. We're not good, he said, We're not a great team. We're not a great team. I think it's that we need to realize and wake up. We're a team that has to figure things out to win night in and night out. Somebody else ath him, what's the vibe like in the Clippers' locker room after this Grizzlies loss? He says, I don't know. That might be another problem right there. Doc Rivers says that he doesn't think the Clippers have an identity the Clippers.
Speaker 3: They like to lay an agger to the Clippers.
Speaker 1: They can lose as many games as they want to bad teams and nobody cares.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Look, you beat the Lakers twice and it's okay to drop a stinker here and there.
Speaker 2: We'll let it slide.
Speaker 1: But just like after Opening Night, the loss ignites the Lakers. They immediately peel off nine straight wins. Kyle Kuzma dies his hair blonde, and Lebron keep playing so well that we start wondering how he might do under different circumstances.
Speaker 4: At Troy likes stuff. He tweeted in he wanted to dig a little deeper into the hole. Lebron versus a horse at the Olympics thing. Lebron and a horse if they were competing in the Olympics. How that might shake out? He hit us with a great thread, scoring who would win each particular Olympic event between the two? Okay, aquatics, horses per Google.
Speaker 2: They can barely swim. What I always thought a horse was good in water? I really did, so did everybody.
Speaker 3: Horses like to have their hooves on the ground, That's what they say.
Speaker 4: So Lebron won horse zero archery hooves, No good here, Lebron two horse zero athletics. Finally we get to run and run fast. Lebron two horse one. Yeah, horse wins that one. Badminton hooves Lebron three horse one. Baseball slash softball technically a team sport which cannot be played solo, so both forfeit that one. Okay, basketball Lebron's day job. Lebron four horse one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but horses a whole game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we might have to think about this. Okay, boxing, imagine a Lebron and a horse boxing.
Speaker 2: He scores it Lebron five horse one.
Speaker 1: This is gonna sound crazy. A horse could take unlimited punches to the face from Drona and all a horse needs is one rear up, boxing gloves on front hoofs and one strike, Lebron is not going to be able to hang with a horse.
Speaker 4: On January twenty sixth, tragedy strikes.
Speaker 2: Well, we have our emergency podcast.
Speaker 4: It's for the worst possible reason. This late Sunday night. We just got into the now Dunks studio here.
Speaker 2: I'm sure all you know.
Speaker 4: Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash today with its thirteen year old daughter Gianna. Also killed nine people in total in the helicopter. With the league in morning, the January twenty eighth matchup between the Lakers and Clippers is postponed.
Speaker 2: It's rescheduled for April.
Speaker 4: All around the Association, teams take eight and twenty four second violations to honor Kobe Dreon.
Speaker 8: Number eight gonna hold it for eight seconds, and there is an eight second violation for a turnover. The fans here now chanting for Kobe and the Wizards. They're gonna hold this for twenty four seconds. Number eight and number twenty.
Speaker 9: Four here in Atlanta, and this has been happening all around the league. Every team's first possession taking a twenty four second shot clock violation as an homage to Kobe Bryant. Number twenty four.
Speaker 4: When the team returns to Staples Center in late January, Lebron gives a stirring speech in tribute to the fallen legend.
Speaker 10: Non At some point we will have a memorial forkbe but I look at this, I'll look at this as a celebration of night. This is a celebration of the twenty years of the blood, the sweat, the tears, the broken down body that getting up to send down to everything in the countless hours, the determination to be as great as.
Speaker 11: He could be.
Speaker 12: Tonight we celebrate the kid that came here at eighteen years of age, retired at thirty age, and became probably the past that that we've seen over the past three years.
Speaker 4: Man the MEBA announces that all players will wear Kobe's number twenty four or Gianna's number two in the All Star Game. The game will feature a Kobe inspired twenty four point added target score, and the All Star MVP Trophy will be renamed in Mamba's honor. Later in February, Michael Jordan speaks at the Lakers tribute.
Speaker 13: Maybe it surprives people that Kobe and I were very close friends, But we were very close friends. Kobe's was my dear friend. He was like a little brother. Everyone always wanted to talk about the comparisons between he and I. I just wanted to talk about Kobe. You know, all of us have brothers and sisters, little brothers, little sisters who, for whatever reason, I always tend to get in your stuff, your closet, your shoes, everything. It was a nuisance, if I can say that word. But that nuisance turn into love.
Speaker 5: It's not just on the court that the Lakers and Clippers are competing. Every ring chasing vet is rumored to go to the Clippers or the Lakers. Both teams tried to bring Darren Colson out of retirement. Both teams make trade offers for the same players, with the Clippers finally landing the trade deadline's biggest fish, Mark Keith Morris.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the Lakers got Markith Morris on the buyout market. The Clippers traded for Marcus Morris. Are you sure, no, not at all.
Speaker 5: Nevertheless, both teams add a Morris and keep bringing people in. Reggie Jackson and Joe kim Noah for the Clips, Dion Waiters for the Lakers. With a March eight matchup looming, the Lakers played some of their best basketball of the season. Lebron scores forty and each Red vines on the bench during his first game versus Zion Williamson. LA smashes a style of sixers squad, then avenges a loss against the Bucks in a game between each conference's number one seed. The Clippers head into the game riding a six game win streak of their.
Speaker 3: Own March eighth. Here it is. It was a playoff atmosphere from the tip, and the Hollywood Stars didn't disappoint in Miss Twizzler. Thirty for ad and twenty eight for Lebron, thirty one for Paul George and twenty seven for Kawhi sterling performances from the leading men, but it was Avery Bradley who was cast as the hero. His twenty four points were a season high, and so were his six threes, four of which came during a massive third quarter for the Purple and Gold. Lakers went one to twelve, one to oh three. Just like that, the Lakers become title favorites. What yep, They just beat the Bucks and Clippers in consecutive games, doing it pretty convincingly.
Speaker 4: The Bucks had the best record in the league the entire year. They beat the Lakers earlier this season, Jannie snatched Lebron's crown right, and the Clippers beat the Lakers twice.
Speaker 3: Too true, but at least the Lakers haven't been caught at Magic City.
Speaker 2: No, they've just got an anti vaxxer on the squad.
Speaker 3: Okay, so co favorites.
Speaker 11: Meanwhile, in no dunks January thirty.
Speaker 4: First, what's your uh, what's your favorite snack at a Super Bowl party?
Speaker 3: Mm?
Speaker 2: I like something healthy?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I like uh uncooked carrots and uh oh my red pep and red pepper.
Speaker 3: We walk them all.
Speaker 4: I've never heard someone called them uncooked parents, but not baby carrots.
Speaker 5: Feeling itself all sides, fel carrots, organic, uncooked. Don't use it as an excuse to just gorge yourself on all sorts of junk. Have a little bit of junk, not all die with.
Speaker 2: Balance it out a little bit.
Speaker 4: James Harden, Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook have weaved a tangled web across the Western Conference. Harden and Westbrook knew each other decades ago, then were teammates on the Thunder, Then they weren't. Westbrook won an MVP with Harden finishing second. In the vote. The next year, Harden won the MVP. All three guys played on the same All Star team. Four times. Harden has bounced Westbrook from the playoffs. Westbrook has bounced Hardened from the playoffs. They've both bounced CP three from the playoffs. And eventually he became teammates with Harden, and then they weren't, because now Westbrook is teammates with Harden again, this time in Houston, after being traded for wait for it, Chris Paul. The circle is complete is the.
Speaker 3: If you've hurt a good Space Shuttle failure to launch joke. Now is the time, Houston we have a problem. Because the beginning of this season was a problem for Houston. With the China controversy hanging over their heads and the team figuring out how to swap one all start guard for another, it was a disjointed start for the Rockets. The early frustration was never more evident than when James Harden smashed a ball into his own face. This guy is a master with the basketball, and he was unaware of simple physics that you just when you when you slam a ball, it's gonna come back up. And maybe I think he mistakenly put a little bit of English on the ball because he kind of bounced in slightly in front of him and came back and hit him right in the face. But I mean, this is again the guy can do everything with the ball, everything with his feet, and somehow, some way he hit his face with a ball. I was astonished when I saw it, and so was Josh Hart, who was playing for the Pelicans at the time, because he was right there and saw it happen. And the great Josh Hart reaction. If you have seeing that that video, that gift hilarious. Slam a ball hit yourself in the face unless you're four years old. And this is one of the best basketball players in the World Cup. When Eric Gordon suffered a knee injury, questions had to be asked.
Speaker 4: Records very respectable for the Rockets seven to three, but with the aeric Gordon injury, some sluggish performances. Is anyone ready to hit the panic button on the Houston Rocket season, especially when you consider their expectations. Anybody reaching for that big old red button.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hit a mild panic button, oh a little, just a little tipped up.
Speaker 3: But soon after Harding caught fire, forty seven, forty four, and forty nine and three straight games, a few pedestrian thirty point outings, then sixty, followed by fifty a week later, fifty five and fifty four in consecutive games. How do you like that? Lee Ellis?
Speaker 2: How do you like that? Lee Ellis?
Speaker 3: Pretty quickly the question it wasn't about whether or not to panic, It was whether or not hard and averaged forty For a season, the points were accumulating so fast that sometimes it was hard to keep up, not just for fans but even for the rests.
Speaker 7: We're inside eight minutes to go hard and the.
Speaker 9: Steel and then.
Speaker 2: That was really you know, they're couldn't miss it. The ball was clearly good.
Speaker 14: I mean I thought we picked up completely wrong.
Speaker 4: It's two points.
Speaker 3: Despite their pre existing relationship, fitting Westbrook next to Harden still took time. The very idea of a career thirty three point shooter playing off the ball in a three point heavy system just didn't make sense, and when Westbrook came out of the gate shooting twenty three percent from deep during the season's first three months, the pairing seemed even more suspect. But with hardened lighting, the league on fire and Westbrook struggling from deep, opponents got bold with their game plans, often doubling the Beard as crossed half court. And that's when it clicked, as Westbrook feasted on four on threes, taking advantage of the kind of open lanes he'd never seen playing with the Thunder, especially when all the tall guys.
Speaker 2: Weren't in So what if the tall guys were never in?
Speaker 3: Aha? On January thirty first, Clint Capella sat with a heel injury, so Mike D'Antoni decided to roll with all smallies, moving Daniel House into the starting lineup and beating the Mavericks while playing No. One over six foot six. The team never looked back, winning their first four games playing tiny. With Westbrook unlocked, Capella became expendable and was soon shipped to Atlanta in a three team deal that landed Houston Robert Covington. The Rockets had officially embraced ultra small ball. All they needed now was a nickname.
Speaker 1: But my winner is the Houston Rockets because they are all in on small, in all in on small, and they're ball and small, and they.
Speaker 2: Were calling micro ball on the ding today.
Speaker 4: Obviously a lot of people just going with the simple super small ball. I saw the dream Shake suggest pocket rockets, which I really really like it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: And I was in the shower this morning and I was thinking, pocket rockets is pretty funny. And then I was like, well, is there something off of d'antoni's seven seconds or less that we could do with the rockets?
Speaker 2: So I did the math quickly. I could be wrong, but what about seventy nine inches or less?
Speaker 4: Sure? Six seven and under. I think the math checks out.
Speaker 3: Houston won eleven and six playing with their pocket rockets, beating the Lakers in LA, the Celtics in Houston, and then the Celtics again in a Game of the Year candidate in Boston. Maybe it's just a regular season gimmick, but it might be rockets science. Oh Dad.
Speaker 1: After eleven years with some of the best players in the league, this season looked like it might be the first time since their debut season, Oklahoma City thunder fans might have to cheer for a bad team.
Speaker 2: Sure, Chris Paul was in town, but for how long?
Speaker 1: Same with de Nilo Gallinari. Longest tenured Thunder Steven Adams, was even in trade rumors.
Speaker 2: Instead, the Thunder turned into one.
Speaker 1: Of the seasons best surprises and even got a hater like myself to enjoy Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: But there were still some bumps along the way.
Speaker 1: First, Okase played under five hundred basketball for the season's first couple of months, lending credence to the idea that this would be a step back for the Thunder. Then Chris Paul called.
Speaker 2: The Fashion Police loser of the weekend. To Chris Paul and to the referees, because what a bunch of losers is? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: The guy's a tattletale. I'm trying to teach my five year old not to tell on her sister all the time. This guy is literally telling on Jordan Bell for not having his jersey touched. In having mastered the rule book, the Thunder started rolling. CP three reclaimed the point god status that some thought had passed him by getting teammates involved, then taking over down the stretch with clutch baskets when okc needed them. He even got Steven Adams to wear a suit, even if Adams did say the next time he'd wear one would be at his own funeral. Aside from the sartorial splendor and knack for closing. Paul's mentorship also proved invaluable for OKC. Dennis Shrewder had the most impactful season of his career, coming off the bench and embracing the role on his way to becoming a leading candidate for.
Speaker 2: Sixth Man of the Year.
Speaker 1: But sophomore shay Gilles Alexander's growth was even more impressive as he led the team in scoring and inspired an incredibly silly bet, why would not make the All Star Game this year? Over Chris Paul?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm saying he won't. He's in the conversation.
Speaker 4: He has to be.
Speaker 2: He's averaging twenty. He doesn't have to three. He doesn't have to be shooting forty seven percent. Okay, in twenty twenty he's gotten even better. So timing matters. We talk about it all the time. He's not gonna make it.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. He's gonna make it in the future, immediate future probably, or is that too far for the next season, next two seasons, he makes it.
Speaker 1: I'll take that bet, all right, I'll say no, Okay, that's fair. Stay tuned until twenty twenty two for the results. The Three Guards ran things. Gallinari stayed healthy and Steven Adams stayed hilarious. Not only did he bust out a shimmy after hitting his first career three pointer with a casual toss from fifty six feet, he also let everybody know just how much pressure he was feeling during some late game free throws.
Speaker 2: Steven, how did this feel?
Speaker 6: Free throw shooting has been such a key for you this season?
Speaker 3: How did it feel to.
Speaker 2: Hit that one and then make the heads up play after?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Absolutely, that's pretty time. I didn't realize how much pressure it is. Well, then I made him might be happy with that.
Speaker 1: Despite coming into the season with low expectations, the Thunder put together their best season since Durant was in town. They've got the same record as Harden, Westbrook and the Rockets, so there's a chance the three of them meet again in the playoffs. We got something writing on that too.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna sort of double down on that prediction site the Thunder do make the play else and cause a first round upset. Oh my wow, they're gonna face the Rockets in the first round, wouldn't that be?
Speaker 4: Meanwhile?
Speaker 11: In No Ducks December third, nineteen.
Speaker 4: It's time to count down my top five Mystery Fart suspects, Trey Kirby. You had an extremely gassy week going in the short Thanksgiving week? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I'm not a whistler.
Speaker 1: I'm a boomer, Okay, boomer, squeaky chair, not a human.
Speaker 2: JD not JD FT because Jady doesn't fart.
Speaker 4: He rarely farts around us. But maybe JD as a little sort of goodbye to Canada inserting a sound effect.
Speaker 2: Lee ellis Now why Lee ellis pretty obvious?
Speaker 4: Why not? And it's a man that doesn't you know, doesn't believe in trapped.
Speaker 2: Win Well, that's doctor's orders, yes.
Speaker 4: Doctor news Owers. That's right. Nice Suspect number one in the Mystery Fart, it's.
Speaker 2: You, Test Mellis. It is you, but not Tassa's. But it's Tasa's voice.
Speaker 3: The final twenty two teams have made their way down to Orlando and are ready to get back on the court. We're gonna have some basketball Paybay. While the ending to this year's season will be different than years past, there will be no shortage of excitement and there's no better place to get in on the action than with Draft Kings, the leader in One Day Fantasy Sports to celebrate the return of basketball. Draft Kings will have not one, but two one million dollars top prizes through the first two days of the resumed season, So get in on all the action now if you haven't tried it yet. Fantasy basketball is easy to play. Just pick eight players, stay under the salary cap, and pile up points for three pointers, bound assists, and more. There's no better way to put your basketball knowledge to the test than to compete for a shot at one million dollars. But if basketball isn't for you, don't worry. DraftKings is offering plenty of fantasy golf action for this week's tournament, with millions of dollars up for grabs.
Speaker 4: Oops.
Speaker 3: With millions of dollars up for grabs this week, there is no better place to have skin in the game than with DraftKings. Download the DraftKings app now and use promo code run to get a free shot at millions of dollars up for grabs this week with your first deposit. Not doing it again, that's promo code run to get a free shot at millions of dollars with your first deposit only at DraftKings. Minimum five dollars deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 5: In the United States, on average, it takes around twenty nine days to see a doct and guys, when it comes to sex, if you're dealing with a rectile dysfunction, you want treatment asap. It's the one area of late night intimacy where it's better to be fast and have. I got some good news for you. Our friends at Roman have built a platform that connects you with a licensed doctor in your state or from the comfort of your own home on your schedule. Just log in and complete a free online visit and you'll hear back from a US licensed position within twenty four hours. And guys, if you're on a promise, you know that time is of the essence we all do. If the doctor decides that treatment is right for you, Romans Pharmacy can ship your medication to you with free two day shipping. And there's more good news. For guys who don't like commitment, then this is perfect because you can cancel at any time, So if it doesn't work out or it is not right for you, then you can ghost Roman guilt free. So if you're struggling with ED, go to get roman dot com slash no dunks for a free online visit and free two day shipping. That's get Roman dot com no dunks for a free online visit and free two day shipping.
Speaker 4: I'm about to ask you, guys a very personal question. Do you truly love your current couch or is it just something to sit on?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Think that over?
Speaker 4: Do you love it? Would you send a sweet Valentine to your couch? Because if not, now's the perfect time to replace that old krusty I don't give a damn about couch with a sofa you will love from Burrow.
Speaker 13: What is Burrow?
Speaker 2: Why is Burrow better?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you why. I literally have one hundred reasons to break it down why Burrow is the best place to get a couch from. But I'm going to give you three specific ones. One, Burrow offers unique features that you won't find in big box furniture store sofas or even other sofas.
Speaker 2: You can get online.
Speaker 4: They have built in USB chargers so your phone doesn't die while you lounge.
Speaker 2: USB chargers in the sofa. That is brilliant.
Speaker 4: You look at your phone eh ninety percent of the time you're lying on the sofa watching TV. You look at your iPhone more than you look at your TV. I guarantee you, so having that built in USB charger is nice. You can also customize your sofa to fit your decor and your needs, and Burrow's just went next level with the customizable options. You pick the fabricolor, the leg finish, the armres style, the length. You can add things like a chase, lounge and autom in both it doesn't matter. They're like twenty three thousand ways to customize your perfect sofa. And the final one I'll give you for today that I love is Burrow is so practical and versatile. You can assemble your sofa or break it down in minutes and you don't need tools. These things like clasp together. It's so cool and again it's so easy that you can do it by yourself. Guys, go to Burrow dot com slash no dunks to get seventy five dollars off your purchase plus fast and free shipping. You always get fast and free shipping and zero interest financing, so go to the site for details. That's bu r r ow dot com slash no dunks for seventy five dollars off and just thank me later. Take a photo of your beautiful Burrow couch and send it to us at No Dunks, Inc.
Speaker 2: And we'll throw a like like on it. I guarantee it.
Speaker 5: The Nuggets go as Nikolay Yokitch goes, and he usually goes slow to start. Same with the Nuggets. To the surprise of absolutely no one, Jokisch was in chill mode of the season's inception. He often floated through games, generating that he's out of shape, talk that has followed him throughout his career. But while Yokitch worked up a lather, denverded up, putting together a top ten defense early on. Soon Yokisch rounded into shape.
Speaker 2: Shape thanks on man round is a shape, that's right.
Speaker 5: Jokich rounded into form as the hyper skilled big man put his boose to good use inside and picking opponents apart with his passing, and he consistently came up clutch, becoming one of the league's top late game scorers while hitting game winners in consecutive games in November, another in January, and yet another in February.
Speaker 2: They weren't always pretty.
Speaker 5: It's the Dirk, but it's like it's a it's a new age Dirk.
Speaker 4: Because he just turns around.
Speaker 5: He's got that one leg and he's so slow, but he still gets it away and defenders can't get up and contest that.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: That is the driveway, Dad Dirk. All right, here's what I mean by that current. That is dad playing his young kid in the driveway and mom's yelling and that dinner's ready. So Dad says, next point wins, And yeah, he's a giant man. So he could take his son down into the block and score an easy little hook shop. But come on, Dad's gonna make it a little interesting. So Dad's gonna put a little laught on and flick it up there. That is the driveway, Dad Dirk. That is what I'm calling those Joker game winners that he hits like every two weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jokich was back to an all star level, and while the defense started to slip, the team started to click. Jamal Murray quietly had a career best season New Edition, Jeremy Grant stepped in ably when Paul Millsatt went out with a wrist injury. Will Barton thrilled, and the emergence of Michael Porter Junior raised Denver ceiling and looked good.
Speaker 2: At doing it.
Speaker 3: I think MPJ, I'm gonna call him that Michael Porter Junior rocks it. You know, he's just a cool looking guy, a bit of a heart throbbed look. I think, I don't know, I'm buying the look. I'm buying the game. That athleticism is real. There's a lot of cool looking dudes out there. MPJ is one of them.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: He came onto the scene with the big sort of rock I'd call them the rock sunglasses or that was his look, right, like the big windows, like the huge, huge chunkers. I'm not into it, but you know, I always give everybody second chance. I wore sunglasses like that once upon a time. They're ugly, they're gross, but he deserves a second chance.
Speaker 5: Everybody wears ugly sunglasses sometimes and sometimes it was ugly for Denver this season, but they wanted a high clip this year, then last, and they're third in the West even after a sluggish start. You've got to give people a second chance with their glasses and their basketball.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, in No Ducks February, Nora gets so upset with me if I make popcorn.
Speaker 2: And I do not like to leave any kernel behind Colonel behind. Yeah, sure, I like to push it.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt on that in a couple ten or fifteen seconds morecause I want everybody to join in the party. But then you risk that little burnt popcorn swell. But I can burn one colonel and Nora can smell it instantly and be like, well, the whole bag's ruined.
Speaker 5: I come on, I just wish that arenas they wouldn't make the one bag size only for popcorn.
Speaker 4: Just make it smaller, make it small and allow us to come back and get more popcorn.
Speaker 5: It's not that hard because you try to stop a seven year old when he's just like it's just like a machine, non stock. I said, right, that's enough, you've had enough.
Speaker 4: That's enough. We're getting non cooked carrots.
Speaker 5: I tell you, they could be a little market for that. You know, have a you know, buy some popcorn, get a couple of carrots with you as.
Speaker 4: Well, basically like French fries. Yeah, wouldn't feel so bad.
Speaker 1: It's a small market.
Speaker 4: Salt Lake City is situated in a valley between a few different mountain ranges. It's beautiful for a city, and it was that kind of season for the jazz high highs, low lows, peaks and valleys. Utah excelled early, pushing to the top of the West and beating the Bucks on a game winner from new acquisition Boyon bogdanovitch.
Speaker 3: Why don't they pump.
Speaker 15: Bar beautiful in inbound by Joe easily down with two chants on the clock as a horn sound, the Jazz went.
Speaker 3: It all the celebration.
Speaker 4: Bogdanovic, whose season recently ended after wrist surgery, slotted it nicely alongside Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, but integrating Mike Conley proved to be trickier as the former grizz Vet struggled to adapt to Utah system. Calls for Joe Ingalls to replace Conley in the starting lineup soon came, and they were answered when a hamstring injury put the Vet on the shelf for a month. The Jazz peaked with their new starting five, winning ten in a row during an impressive twenty to three stretch. Preseason, chatter had been about which of Utah's two stars would make their All Star Game debut.
Speaker 2: Come February, it was both of them.
Speaker 4: The Descent, though mmmm uneven Conley returned from injury and eventually to the starting lineup, as Utah struggled to recreate the every night consistency on display during their best span.
Speaker 2: Win four, lose five, repeat.
Speaker 7: One point six left to play angles, trying to get it in, having trouble back Ganovich tough shot, he went down, Are you talk?
Speaker 3: Jazz here?
Speaker 13: Got it?
Speaker 7: Jan Bogdanovich, We're only his second three pointer of the game.
Speaker 13: And to the.
Speaker 7: Wa shot by back Ganovich. Wow, and what a fitter finish? Or the Houston Rock gets fire.
Speaker 4: The defense is good, if not always great, as extra small teams proved a challenge for a team increasingly reliant on Gobaar to solve most problems. Mitchell was often sensational when he wasn't, making things a bit too hard. Then March eleventh hit and the Jazz became the biggest story in America. Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus, so the league released a statement quote the NBA suspending gameplay, allowing the conclusion of Wednesday's schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus. Pandemic, Rudy Gobert and Tom Hanks forever linked.
Speaker 3: Here is every time Luka Doncic or Ja Morant was a winner of the weekend.
Speaker 4: My first winner Guys of the Weekend Grizzlies rookie Ja Morant.
Speaker 2: This guy's a real one. This guy is something else.
Speaker 4: One of my winners from the NBA Weekend, Luka Doncic. He's been unreal to start this season.
Speaker 3: Grizzlies have won five in a row. Why should you cheer for them? While they're a small market, they're young, They're led by John Morant, a man who will win Rookie of the Year and who is must watch television.
Speaker 4: Uh your league pass, Luca there, your donk Lee has been has been so much fun to watch. The mas are one of the most exciting teams to watch right now and Luca is it like a stretch to say he's like already a top ten player in this league.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm going crazy by.
Speaker 1: Seeing John Morant got a loss to the Kings on Friday, tough twenty points, eleven assists, three rebounds, but then brooke the losing streak by game losing streak.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll show a little love to Luca Luka Doncic another winner of the weekend. This must be what is third or fourth one here? While we were doing no dunks early in the season, John Morant is a winner of the weekend Grizzlies.
Speaker 5: Yes again, what an incredible rum he's on right now?
Speaker 13: Don't chinch.
Speaker 5: He is just bowling every single time he gets on the floor.
Speaker 2: Saturday was the John Moran Show.
Speaker 4: That was awesome. Harden esque Lou Williams. You see how Lou is even loving it. John Morans must watch TV. He's has to be on the short list of guys you want to like. Either go see live or just fire up League Pass to see what he's doing. He's that exciting.
Speaker 2: Jay Murant, we know he's good gamey see it again?
Speaker 5: What did I say, Jays Jamaran.
Speaker 2: J Yeah, we know it's good.
Speaker 3: But to put it on your notes as JH yeah cool. Both also maintained their excellence during the week becoming critical darlings while leading their respective teams to surprising seasons.
Speaker 5: Luca had a special season, butting his way into MVP talks early, then staying there the entire season as the Mavericks posted the single highest offensive rating in NBA history. He finished second only to Lebron in All Star voting, fitting after the two joint forces for our most rewatchable game of the season.
Speaker 4: November one, twenty nineteen, Lebron and Luca's triple double duel in Dallas.
Speaker 8: Here is Bradley James.
Speaker 3: James going to the rim.
Speaker 2: Kicks to the corner, three to three to time.
Speaker 13: He got it.
Speaker 2: We have overtime.
Speaker 5: It wasn't just Doncic, though, making his Dallas debut after twenty months recovering from a knee injury, Christaps Pausing has found the form that made him such a promising fit next to Doncic. Dwight Palace torn Achilles was certainly a blow, but Porzingis found himself comfortable at the five. By season's end, Kristats was posting twenty and ten's regularly. The sporting players were so good they got a coveted bench nickname. Shout out to the mild Stallions. Just About the only thing Dallas got drastically wrong this year was a uniform extreme.
Speaker 1: Okay, these made me want to do the deal. This looks like Martain Dew marketing. Between the color and the graffiti font that they're using on the front pop open a bottle of popping guzzle ite cap being kicking three your cysts.
Speaker 3: It's toone squad for.
Speaker 5: Me, ugly ish need to see them on a player first. That I'm trying to imagine a player running around, I'm trying to imagine the shorts and they don't looked great on.
Speaker 4: Luca was at the table for the MVP. Ja Moran hosted the Rookie of the Year at dinner.
Speaker 2: I believe that's J one percent. It's Jah. You're the only one that says change.
Speaker 4: Led all rookies in scoring and assists and so dominated his class that nineteen games from Zion is the only last ditch argument against the highlights piled up the best Ja Morant assist from Tuesday night against the Rockets. Was it the behind the back dish to triple J on the move? Was it that little drop off that he had to triple J who then hammered it home. Or was it the no look lob to Brandon Clark.
Speaker 1: Best dime for me was the alley oop I thought the best highlight overall was the one Lee's talking about, the one that he meant to be talking about. The fast break right the behind the back, basically just to kill a little time until JJJ was there to throw down a monster dunk. But I thought that the dunk was the best part of that one. If you're talking strictly pass the behind the back in the half court to the no look oop in a half court set for a monster dunk that was wicked. Team success is another check on Job's resume. Led by their rookie point guard, Memphis exceeded expectations as a collection of hungry youngsters and savvy vetts hit their stride mid season. Jaron Jackson Junior splashed from outside while Jonas Valanciunas mashed inside. Brandon Clark might have been the best rookie after Jaw and don't.
Speaker 2: Forget about Canadian Dylan Brooks. Don't even say it, Leade don't oh.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, back in the preseason, Vegas bought in Memphis would be one of the five worst teams in the league. But an unproven team with a little known coach and a rookie throwing his body around proved the haters wrong and put together a playoff season.
Speaker 5: Whoa in this corner.
Speaker 11: They made the playoffs in each of the past six seasons. They got a video game season from Damian Lillard and CJ. McCollum averaged that career high and scoring. They were decimated by injuries, but they brought back Carmelo needs to help and he was actually pretty good. They're twenty nine and thirty seven. Ladies and gentlemen. It's a fourth laden Trailblazer to two and a half.
Speaker 16: Second skin clock and shot clock. Willard work on books, dancing, three up three Day, got the Clare Marie then times the game and loved mans fifty four and he's got ten threes.
Speaker 2: He'll twy to tight fifty seven, parts sixty seven, LOLd.
Speaker 16: Sixty one points firteen and Loward just a marvelous parts.
Speaker 2: In this corner.
Speaker 11: They turned Brandon Ingram into an All Star and don Lonzo Ball making three. They got solid performances from Vett's Crew, Holiday, Derrick Favors and JJ Reddick, but had trouble keeping everybody on the court. They only got nineteen games from Zion Williamson and that was enough to put the league on notice. They're twenty eight and thirty six the New Orleans Pagans. Here's Zion stepping back pulling the trigger ten head half there, there's.
Speaker 8: A lot of Zion and he finishes over.
Speaker 2: The Longson Wive Stray.
Speaker 4: Put a rookie here, Zion between put it again.
Speaker 2: Zion's got eight points in the last minute.
Speaker 3: They want Zion to get it here he is and.
Speaker 14: Brdle planted at time, gives it and finishes.
Speaker 15: Ten points in difficult for a minute where Zion Williamson My bar is best spread of the night.
Speaker 3: Zion gives it up, gets it back in.
Speaker 14: Airon Zion against Alder and this is back Zion.
Speaker 3: For four for.
Speaker 2: In this corner a triple threat match.
Speaker 11: They too battled injuries, as Tieron Fox and Marvin Bagley both missed significant chunks of time. Buddy Hill was firing off the court and on fire on it, shooting the lights out after getting benched, then winning the three point context. Harris and Barnes said he wouldn't shave till this season was over, and that was when he thought it ended. In June, They're twenty eight thirty six the Sacramento Kings. The free throw where fox Line drives it off the front of the rim to himself may have been there highlight of the season.
Speaker 7: Kings have Fedman and the elitza down low for a potential offensive rebound.
Speaker 11: Wh this guy shit, Oh dude.
Speaker 2: Just see that gun?
Speaker 10: Oh fly?
Speaker 3: If we are all time?
Speaker 17: That one they came.
Speaker 3: Whats happened?
Speaker 14: Granny fear deer fox lightning across the line.
Speaker 1: And in this corner, this is a fatal four way.
Speaker 11: They've made it to the playoffs twenty two straight seasons. When Greg Popovich's and cracking wise Tim Duncan steps into coach from time to time. They don't shoot threes and they don't play d They're twenty seven and thirty six. It's the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 3: Co's here.
Speaker 4: Oh wow to the Spurs have it.
Speaker 2: They don't fall toot and the spur is not gonna let it.
Speaker 8: Oh father off.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Timmy Donkan.
Speaker 17: Getting that win.
Speaker 3: And in this corner is this cricket?
Speaker 11: No, maybe they haven't been to the postseason since twenty ten. They got off to a hot start, but then they flamed out. Devin Booker was an All Star and Kelly Ubrey's game was as pretty as he was. DeAndre Ayden was good but also suspender. They're twenty second, thirty nine. They're de fete.
Speaker 2: Sound Devin Booker, who's got it again? Chase you back? Conveins goes in with the left hand and what Wow?
Speaker 6: That was an angry move by Devin hookerble.
Speaker 13: Is that it? So?
Speaker 4: Here are some other things that happened in the Western Conference. For the fifteenth time in the past sixteen season, the Minnesota Timberwolves failed to make the playoffs, but for about a month they ran one of the great travel agency scams of all time. Is nobody on Wiggins Island with me? Nobody? I got something coconuts?
Speaker 3: You know I'm joining. Yeah, but the island. I have one requirement. The island has to be right under the rim, because that's where he belonged. Yeahland's gotta be a little circle underneath the hoop.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to buy property on weekends. So I'm coming out for weekend, man, I'm coming out to rage for a weekend.
Speaker 4: This weekend, we show why not.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: By December, the island was deserted and the Wolves were on an eleven game losing streak.
Speaker 2: What happened to the subway? The subway fortunately shut down. Rats infested it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. January, the Wolves launched a thirteen game losing streak, joining the Hawks as the only teams in the league to have multiple double digit losing streaks this season. Wiggins was eventually traded to the Warriors, where he continued to lose, ultimately piling up twenty straight defeats before finally getting a win on February twenty ninth. Problem with that, nothing that happens on leap Day actually counts, so sorry. Things weren't much different for the other Wolves star Karl Anthony Towns, after an early season suspension for fighting with Jowell. Embiid also amassed a surprising personal losing streak, dropping seventeenth straight games he played in as a combination of bad luck, injuries, and incompetence saw Catman Do go from November thirteenth all the way to February eighth without winning a home game. It was a disappointing season for the Timberwolves, but maybe it wasn't a total loss, as the team finally traded for D'Angelo Russell after months of trying to acquire one of Town's best friends. We won't know until next year, however, as the duo played just one game together, a loss, naturally, before a wrist injury put towns on the shelf. Sometimes it's just not your year, though we say that all the time about the Wolves.
Speaker 3: For the first time since twenty fifteen, the Golden State Warriors weren't one of the league's biggest stories Night in a Night Out. Kevin Durant was off to Brooklyn, Klay Thompson was going to be out the entire year following attorney a cl in Game six of the Finals, and even though everyone was excited to see Steph Curry as a solo act, championship expectations were long gone. They did have a new arena, which Curry christened with a forty foot air ball on the very first shot in the Pristine Chase Center.
Speaker 4: Coring way down town.
Speaker 2: That comes up. Wait, he's trying to ana the right way.
Speaker 13: Whoa out? He's just testing the air in the arena scene.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Steph would play just four regular season games before breaking his hand. With Clay out and Draymond Green nursing a finger injury, the Warriors ran out some lineups full of unknowns.
Speaker 1: The Warriors, I know we're giving them the pass, but they are the worst team in the league by far.
Speaker 2: They just played again.
Speaker 1: They got smacked by the map. They lost by nearly fifty and everybody that played for the Warriors wasn't even on the Warriors last season. Guys, you've never heard of Kyle Bowman.
Speaker 4: He's a showman.
Speaker 1: Eric Pascal, he's a rascal.
Speaker 2: Mari Spelman, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Man? This is good?
Speaker 2: I like it, great joke.
Speaker 5: I like Burks?
Speaker 2: Does of works?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 8: Nice?
Speaker 4: What we call he Stein? No one's fine.
Speaker 3: Draymond came back, but with the Splash Brothers on the end, his particular blend of talents was diminished. That didn't stop him from beefing with Charles Barklay, though, Hey, sack.
Speaker 17: Draymond, don't talk as much since he haven't that a triple single?
Speaker 4: What a triple single?
Speaker 17: Barkley should stopped before I go take this job, though, so I can do that well too. He alreadyn't make enough money playing, so he needed that job. He should stop talking to me. I like to Tennessee to so he should stop before I take his job. If he came talking, I'll take you soon. So did don the thanks, So yeah, he probably should be quiet. He also can't talk basketball. Ru not smartough, I'm not qualified.
Speaker 3: Some things never change, some things never change. As for a new addition, D'Angelo Russell. He did what he came to do in Golden State, score points, including a career high fifty two against the Timberwolves, and get traded to the Timberwolves, who were obviously impressed. In return, the Dubs got Andrew Wiggins in a first round draft pick. Welcome to Wiggins Island Warriors fans.
Speaker 2: And well, that's it.
Speaker 4: Every single thing that happened in the entire NBA prior to this restart quite the journey. Maybe we forgot some things along the way, or maybe you just imagine them.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 4: Which is a couple of days left until the season resumes in Orlando.
Speaker 2: All this past is prologue.
Speaker 4: The teams will look different from who's on the court, to what they look like, to how well they played together.
Speaker 2: But you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been. Clipper bros, you.
Speaker 1: Heard it here first, have a great time, turn up, Love you guys, awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. And remember, because of the hiatus, the Raptors are the longest reigning single season champions in NBA history. It's almost like they repeat it already you know, Embrace the bubble people,