Speaker 1: Puter keeps getting so much hold on one, two, three?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, hello Andrew. Hi, Today's Wednesday, October twentieth. Wow. And since it's Wednesday, that means it's time for bull Chat. Yes, it's the podcast to Serial Killers. Yes? Is it a sister? Why is it always a sister or something?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 1: You have been saying that? So I just let you roll with it. This is your dream. I'm just living in it now.
Speaker 2: This is your dream. I'm just along for the ride.
Speaker 1: Not my dream, it's my nightmare.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I got you. Well, this is bull Chat. We talk about stuff other than cereal, Yes, on this particular platform. Yes, here we go. Yay. Shall we just continue what we were talking about before we started?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: I think beards are fascinating. I cannot grow one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't either.
Speaker 2: One of the guys that works here, Josh, has this massive beard, and I know it sounds weird, but I just want to stick my hand in it. Well, okay, because I don't know what I want to know what it feels like. Because Amy and I were actually we were driving in the city yesterday and some dude was walking down the street with this massive beard and We're like, do you think it smells? Do you think it's gross? How does it feel does it feel like hair hair head hair? Or does does it like feel like pube air? Like grossy wirey stuff? Like? What is what is a beard? Full beard feel like?
Speaker 1: So coaster boy? Josh, you felt his beard before.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I've witnessed you do it when he.
Speaker 2: Didn't have one of those massive Santa Claus beard. No, I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it. Why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 1: Because to witness this, our listeners deserve to know.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this to me?
Speaker 1: Because it's gonna be fun. I'm telling you what it feels like. It is usually like it feels like you have a goateea.
Speaker 2: I don't have a giant, giant flowing beard though. Hey Josh Martinez, Hi, Josh, I have a question? Perfect? That was That was my follow up. So, first of all, congratulations, thank you, you welcome. This is our podcast Bowl Chat Bull Chat. We talk about cereal on Mondays and just other crap on Wednesdays. So today's Wednesday. Hey, real quick, this is gonna be a go on this Mike. You can take this one here. Okay, So I just this is a strange question. Can I can I stick my hand on your beard? No? You can do it.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I can. Okay, come over the camera here so I can got it. Ye wait, bring the MinC closer. I could hear maybe some wow. Okay, that's all I needed to do. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate Andrew.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to love it, you know what?
Speaker 1: Just such Okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Nice organic, no conditioner, no shampoo, no oil. Now, hold on, if you did condition it would feel like smooth, silky hair. Hairs way too coarse, okay, all right, I just want it to know the day.
Speaker 1: How do I get out of it?
Speaker 2: Just pull there you go. I can't grow that. So I was just curious, thank you? Yes? Wow? All right that was fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, So how did it feel to you? Just smell your hand?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, right, it felt like uh it was yeah, it was coarse. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, it's like your facial hair. Okay, it's not like your hair hair like this is soft. This is not soft.
Speaker 2: But if you put like mane and tail conditioners, no, that's not a thing. No. No, but they sell like beard condition like Kremo we were talking about that. They sell beard conditioners and stuff like that. Does it make it soft? No, it's never like this like the horse's mane.
Speaker 1: No, because I mean, I don't am I allowed to say certain things on this podcast because I feel bad like I don't want to. If your children are listening right now, I'm sorry. But if you were to put certain types of products on your under their parts, it wouldn't become like hair hair that you have on your head. It's a different type of hair. Okay, I understood, you get it. Yes, so that type of hair. Do you mean under arms are down below or both? I guess both.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Why then is your hair like on your head different texture than your hair?
Speaker 2: Right? They're coming out of the same follicles, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Maybe the hair has grown over time, Okay, And that's why, because think about it, it has to be coarser because imagine if you just were growing, like if this type of hair was grown out of my follicles, we'd be it would be difficult. I'd have grown hairs every time I shaved.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. All I know is I can't grow a nice, flowy beard like that, So I was just curious. That's that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't either. Yeah, it's not great, okay. I mean the one time I've ever tried it, just the patch shows off too much, and I've been trying to use beard oil and it doesn't do anything. Let me tell you it's all it's all fake. It's a fraud.
Speaker 2: You had that porn star stash for a second? Last was the last November of the move before November is coming up? Yeah? Should we do that?
Speaker 1: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: If Amy won't stay in the same room with me if I have a giant mustache and beard because she hates it it's creepy.
Speaker 1: Maybe what we could do is raise money for the November thing. It goes to testicular cancer research.
Speaker 2: I suppose we could.
Speaker 1: I think that would be nice if our listeners would donate some money.
Speaker 2: It would cause huge problems in my home life, but I mean, if it's for a good cause, why not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's thirty something, it's thirty. How many days are in November?
Speaker 2: Thirty? Yeah, it's thirty days. That's nothing. See. But the thing is, I can't am I. I would just be big, long and scraggly. I can't. It's not a beard, it does. I can't grow a full beard. I can't grow a mustage.
Speaker 1: What's the lungs you've gone without shaving?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean it's weak and weeks. But it just just looks like a mess. I look like a homeless guy.
Speaker 1: Again, I did it. So it doesn't look great for me either, So we'll discuss I think it would be nice we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So oh underarm hair? Yes? Yes? So can I talk about under arms for just a second? Store so I tie everything together Andrew? Yes, when things come up, I just speak naturally, like what comes next? Yeah, so I spoke about.
Speaker 1: I'm just picturing like a light bulb moment like.
Speaker 2: It was because a few weeks ago we talked about how they discontinued my my deodorant, your deogreen. Yes, my degree shower clean aerosol that I've been using probably for twenty plus years, that all of a sudden no longer exists, and you can buy them for like eighty two one hundred dollars a can on eBay which I refuse to do. Yeah, and you know, so I tried another fragrance. I hate. It makes me nauseous. I can't find anything that I like. I do. I have the dry solid whatever. I don't like it because it leaves chunk. I'm not a fan of that.
Speaker 1: Oh, chunky deodorant is the worst, especially because I don't know if this happens to you, but it gets naughty, yes, and then it hurts because when you like go to wash afterwards, it's almost like oh ow ow.
Speaker 2: Right, because theodorant is doing its job and it's not letting it. You can't wash that stuff out. It's awful. And the roll on I can't because it makes my shirt wet and it stains it. And is there a different like why I don't understand why companies make aerosol? Come on now, just anti persperants. You know they have ones that are only anti perspriant, which means you don't sweat, but you still need to put the odorant on top of that.
Speaker 1: So I don't can't relate to what your struggle is with this one because I can't use canned deodorant.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you use?
Speaker 1: I use old spice. I just use classic old spice because candy solid. Yes, okay, I cannot use candy odorant because I have a terrible, terrible reaction to the aluminum that it's stored in, and most deodorance have it. But in like stick, it's less than what like the spray on was. Like as a kid, everybody would like the axe trend. Do you remember when everybody was axing for a while when that first came out.
Speaker 2: I do, because I was here already. I was a little too old for the school axe part. Yeah, Like when I was a kid, it was arid, extra dry. It was this gel crud that you mushed in your arm and you felt it was squishy two.
Speaker 1: Hours I had and that had the pebbles in it too. They had like oh that was weird. But axe came out when I was in grammar school or elementary school whatever it was, and I remember spraying it under my arms, not really even knowing how to use deodorant. What's your bo sent at like like fourth grade, it's not real, it's getting there, it's getting it's you're ripening, I'll tell you that. But yeah, then the more I would spray it, I got terrible, terrible terrible reactions all under my arms. It was terrible, like my skin was basically melting away from the aluminum.
Speaker 2: Were you sure it wasn't the fragrance?
Speaker 1: No, no, because I would then switch over to different aerosol ones and they would do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I can use it. If you wear acts you have to go clubbing like that is just a requirement.
Speaker 1: Or be like some weird Russian mobs type like, hey, you want to go out. You smell the scent.
Speaker 2: It's water.
Speaker 1: It's great with a V neck and chest hair and chit chains everywhere, maybe some rings. Yeah, yeah, So have lads going out, have fun, the great sexy party time.
Speaker 2: I love your voices. I'm sorry, I'm a sucker for your voices. Thanks. What else, Andrew? Oh, we went to the zoo yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 2: It was very exciting and I can't tell you how enamored we were with the gorillas.
Speaker 1: What zoo did you go?
Speaker 2: We went to the Bronx Zoo. It was boo at the zoo. Scary holiday you.
Speaker 1: Know, I hear that commercial one more time?
Speaker 2: Oh no, anyway, but it was funny because they there's this big gorilla habitat and trees and vines and all kinds of stuff, and then a big glass enclosure and you just sit there in this room and you watch them, and it's just it's quite amazing. I mean, they're I don't know what to say, but like, we sat and watched for like two hours. There was they were having fights with each other. Yeah, so one would sit there and look at the other one while one ripped a root out of the ground. They're strong. He tore a frickin root out of the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not going to say it, but do you remember the girl that got her face ripped off by the chimp?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Monkeys are super strong.
Speaker 2: They're very strong. So rip the root out, broken in half, gave one to his friend, and then they went after this other guy and they ran around chasing him. Then they came back, and then there was this other one who was just sitting there. It was just lounging literally like this with his arm up and his leg up, and he was just watching the action. It was insane. And one went up in the tree and peede on another one. It was it was just it was hours of entertainment. I could have just sat and watched there all day.
Speaker 1: My sister is really terrified of monkeys because of how similar they are to human. Yes, and it's so scary when you look at their hands, because there's just a human hand, except like fuzzier it is. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: And they used them the same.
Speaker 1: Way that we use like our hands.
Speaker 2: That's right, and it's so scared human hand feet also, Yes, you.
Speaker 1: Know it would be like if we had our hands on our feet too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look at this was a guy that we're watching for a while. He kept like he kept eating food and vomiting it out and then eating it again. He would spit it out into his hand and then he would shake his head and then and then eat it again.
Speaker 1: Well, it's crazy because they could also learn sign language too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very smart.
Speaker 1: They are, don't We share like ninety nine percent of our DNA with monkeys? I would think so, I think so. I mean they're they're quite intelligent. I would like to have one as a pet.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like if you just went and like, how you doing, man, I'd put your hand out to shake his hand. I feel like they'd be friendly.
Speaker 1: So gay, No, I'm gonna say no to that one.
Speaker 2: Even the bear the bears they're just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Those are my favorite. If I could, I would there's Oh my god, there's a YouTube video of a man that bonded with a baby black bear and he like got it from its like birth, and then he ran away or something happened with bear. But then the bear found him years later and gave him this huge hug and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Now I remember that. But they would attack me and maul me and realize, look at him, he's scratching his back on the tree.
Speaker 2: They're so cute like here. I understand that they're not domesticated, Yeah, but I would like to think that if you had a wild animal of any kind from birth, like right out the mom and just took it and cared for it and fed it and raised it whatever. That I know that they have their instincts that they want to kill everything and eat that stuff and whatever, but wouldn't it think that you're its mom or dad and just like be nice to you.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing theory. I mean, that's why certain animals like form a connection like I don't know. You always see those like on the Dodo website or wherever they're like this fox bonded with a human, watch their relationship grow over the years, or like this cheetah forgot its owner. No it didn't. It gives it a huge hug and they like I don't know if a giant like tiger came over to me and was like, oh, no, it remembers you. First of all, I don't trust cats. I love cats, but I don't trust any They are their own person, and they I feel, I don't know. I'm always a little afraid of them, like I love like I sometimes think I would love a cat. Oh got see, Like that's what I think. Cats just come up to you sometimes and you could be like snuggling with it one moment. Like dogs are different. Dogs are very cuddly. They want to come up to you. They want you like all your attention. Cats are almost like, suck, I'll cuddle with you and guess what, tomorrow, I'm gonna smack you in your face.
Speaker 2: I I could have. I think I feel like I could have a cat. I've never had a cat. I've always been a dog person. Was not allowed to have a dog as a kid, so I had to move out of the house to get a dog and an earring for that matter. But that's beside the point.
Speaker 1: Some are regrettable choices.
Speaker 2: And you know, yeah, and I still have my holes. You can still. A couple of years ago my daughter like crammed and earing through it. I was like it started bleeding, but I mean it went through. Wow. I think your holes will always. Do you have any holes? Do you have any peers?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You never got a piercing never pierced anything, never got any piercings. I always wanted an earring when I was sixteen seventeen and my dad was like no. So when I moved out of the house at eighteen, I went to the mall. And you know where I was when I was eighteen, Andrew, I'm not going to say, but so I went to the I went to the Westdale Mall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. And here it is. I sat in the window and I think it was I feel like it was Claire's. If it wasn't Claire's, it was a store that was just like that, and the piercing chair was in the window. So I sat in the window of the mall holding a Teddy Bear as people were walking by, and the girl with the gun came and did it, and I was like, ah, you know, but I had my little starter earring was a little diamond stud and you weren't supposed to take it out. When it's brand new, you're not supposed to take it out. And I went home to visit for the holidays, and they're like, oh my god, what do I do? What do I do? And so I took it out and I was sitting at the computer on AOL in some chat room and my dad came down and there was blood coming out of the back of my ear. He's like, what happened. I was like, God, damn it. I got my ear pierced and I got a dog. Hello. So you know I killed two birds with one stone right there. Wow. But they fell in love with the dog and they wound up stealing it. It wound up becoming their dog.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you know that's almost like Luna. Like I feel like my mom is seconds away from taking Luna every time. Hold on one second, I'm getting a phone called b RB.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go. Now what so you want to hear more about Iowa? Yeah? So, I mean that was an interesting time in my life. I'm sure I've told this many, many times, but it was a whole radio thing. I went out there. The radio stations that I was supposed to work at never went on the air, so it was just me trying to find another radio gig at eighteen years old with an immoderate experience. I mean, I started working in radio when I was fifteen years old. I was an intern for a morning show on Long Island at fifteen. I got hired there when I was sixteen, which is so incredibly not normal. I was still going to high school at the time, so I basically dropped all my necessary high school classes and by the time I was seventeen, I was only taking English, Social Studies and jim and that was it. So I didn't get to school until like eleven thirty in the morning because I was producing this morning show that was about forty minutes away from where I lived. And that went on until I was eighteen years old and I moved to Iowa. Did my Iowa think for about ten or eleven months. I know Andrew will dispute how long it was, but it was. It was June to May, so that's ten that ten months. Ten July Augusteptember, October November December, January, Februy, March April May. Okay, so it was eleven months and then I came back and then I started working here and I've been here ever since. And I'm pretty sure I've told you that before. But yeah, so Andrew is in the other studio now, huddled in the corner on the phone. I have no idea who he's talking to. He's writing something down. But anyway, back to the zoo. It's if you have not been to the zoo in a while, go because I haven't been there probably in twelve years, ever since my oldest one actually was in a stroller. I remember we went there and it was cool. But the exhibits and the animals do change from year to year, and it's just it's really fascinating to watch animals in their kind of natural habitat. I mean, they kind of make it set up so it's as natural as it possibly can be, and it's just it's really cool to see animals doing stuff and that you wouldn't normally see in your neck of the woods. As they say, I mean, we do have. It's funny, we don't have as many crazy wild animals here. I wish we did. But I mean, every once in a while, I don't even the only deer I see your dead deer on the road when we're driving someplace. I've only seen one deer frolicking ever on Long Island in the history of me living there. And we have our raccoons, and every once in a while you'll see a skunk. But we've got chipmunks, and there's frogs all over the place, which I think is very interesting, and squirrels, and there's black squirrels now, which is the weirdest thing. It's so odd to see a black squirrel running around because I don't know where they came from. I have never seen them before, probably a year or two ago. Seriously, I don't know what else to talk about. Andrew here to bounce stuff off of and to yell at each other. So I may just pause this for a minute and we'll come back when he comes back. But don't know what he's doing anyway. Oh, So it's almost November, right is October? What twentieth? So the holidays are upon us? Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween is next week. What are you being for Halloween? I have no idea. Hey, can you tweet? Us ideas of what we can talk about on bold chat, because if I had your idea, I could kind of go off on it right now and we always could use topics. So go to Serial Killers PC on Twitter or Instagram and tweet us or dm us your bowl chat topics and we'll talk about it. Yeah. Oh, you want to talk about the pink elephant in the room while Andrew's not in here? So oh hey Andrew? Oh hi, how you doing? Busy busy day? I ran out of things to talk about?
Speaker 1: So what were you doing?
Speaker 2: I was just playing with this cat paw and going yeah for like five minutes. Are you serious? That's all? Yeah? Oh wow? It sounds like a energetic and a live podcast. It was. Who was that?
Speaker 1: It was Elvis?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, I have work to do.
Speaker 2: I got you, So do you want to cut the short? No, we can go.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Ever since I don't know what the day it was, but I feel like I am back in a pre pandemic work mode.
Speaker 2: Oh there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I don't feel like I got any type of like announcement that things were going back to normal. But my work schedule is back to the way it used to be, and it's crazy, and I just was not ready to be thrust into this.
Speaker 2: See, you probably didn't realize how much you actually did until you stopped doing so much and now have to do it again.
Speaker 1: Truly, I am. It's it's a lot, but it's it's nice because I felt like I kind of got a sabbatical for a year and a half and it was a nice sabbatical, and I think I definitely learned some things, like on ways that I kind of was doing things that I now have come to realize, like why was I so stupid doing this this way when I could have done it easier a different way. So you're coming in with a fresh, fresh perspective, and it's nice. I have not stressful.
Speaker 2: I've not experienced that because I've just been working NonStop throughout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's interesting because I feel like certain times, like certain people don't, I don't know, haven't gone back to normal yet and it's I don't know, You're just it's.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot, that's all I have to say. I hate the term new normal, but it really kind of is because I have a feeling that there are some people that work here that are just never going to come back, and the company is okay with it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I come in what two three days a week now, and it's like when I'm here, I'm doing work and I used to sit here and just be able to lollygag around.
Speaker 2: I have an idea. I'm going to teach you what I do in the morning here, and I'm going to stay home and I'll just like be on the phone and you can run it from here.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that one day. I want to stay home for absolutely love to do that one day. I would love to figure out how that board works this way in the event of something going wrong. Added to my resume because I feel like I'm a good all around player. If I were like in a squid game, i'd be hopefully make it past the first round. I think I can make it to the sixth round. I think I'm in a good all around player.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're going to have to explain because I guess squid game. Squid game, I know, but I have not watched it. I just see guys in big red helmets.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe squid game isn't the best one, but what is it?
Speaker 2: What squid Game?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's basically like six competitions, but they're all based off of old kids games.
Speaker 2: But it's scripted, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, but I think it'll be a reality show soon because the premise is so simple that it's like it would be a fun reality show. But you basically play old games. So they play like Marbles, which I didn't I never played that as a game either, but they play like red Light green Light. That's the first game that they play, and if you move instead of like the when we used to play, you get killed. Oh yeah, So they go from four hundred and fifty six players and like they eliminate them, and then at the end they play something called the Squid Game, which I don't know if that's an actual Korean game, if any of our listeners want to say, yes, it is an actual Korean game, but yeah, that they play. The final one is a game called Squid Game, which is basically like a protect the Box type game.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Korean, Yeah, I have to tell you the show that we found on Netflix that is hilarious. That's probably been around for a couple of years now, but didn't know until they suggested that we watch it. Yeah, Kim's Convenience hilarious.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: It's this this family that owns a convenience store, and it's just it's very funny. They get into all kinds of stuff and it's Iraqi hijinks. It is. It's very it's very funny. Amy and I watch it together. There's it's it's actually kind of cool because for many many years Amy would watch shows and have like, I don't know, watch that, you know, like Game of Thrones and all that stuff. I'm still not interested in Game of Thrones. I've never seen it, and.
Speaker 1: The fourth season I haven't started it yet. It's it's been a while. It's just Game of Thrones to me is great. But there's a lot of characters and I almost wish that I had like one of those kids books like that were the encyclopedias that you get as a kid, where it was like this is a giraffe, Like I need that, but with the characters because there's so many of them, and I wish I could also get that without spoilers too.
Speaker 2: But it's like medieval stuff. I don't I'm just it's not whatever it is, it's old whatever, Thrones games. I don't know. I'm just not that I can't get into we I've told you we watched ted Lasso Love. It's so sad that the season is over. Cannot wait for the next year. I got to start next season whatever. We've been watching American Rust on Showtime. We like that.
Speaker 1: I always see the ads for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's cool, little dark er ish, but it's it's it's a good one. Morning Show Love.
Speaker 1: It got to watch these shows.
Speaker 2: Absolutely loved Morning Show. I'm so behind. It's it's very like it's everything that you see is like it's good Morning America. Yeah, you know, but it's weird because the logos and stuff all look like good Morning America, but yet the story is loosely based on Matt Lauer and the Today Show. Yeah, so it's two different networks. Plus the network they call it. They call it Uba, which is not a real thing. I don't know, but it's cool that, like we watch a lot of stuff together and now now we look forward to Fridays and whenever everything is on and we sit and we watch stuff. Yeah, so that's a you know what, it's a good bonding moment Andrew, when you can watch things and talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when you watch something, do you use your phone? No?
Speaker 2: We watch on the on the TV and the den.
Speaker 1: No. No, Like, are you on your phone or is it like a strict no no no put your phone away policy? No.
Speaker 2: I mean if it lights up, one might peer over, but no, I usually either keep it in my pocket or fliped upside down. No, we're concentrating on the show.
Speaker 1: I love that because I feel like there's so many people like my sister, for example, sorry to throw you under the bus, Jackie, but babe, she will be like, oh, put that show on, and then I'll put it on and I'm like focused, and there's Jackie huh.
Speaker 2: Oh, kind of like you are with the show a lot. Huh Right?
Speaker 1: Am I able to like join back in? Yes?
Speaker 2: Right now? You just look like you.
Speaker 1: No, Jackie, you butte your tongue. No. Jackie will be on her phone for like ninety percent of it and then be like, are we going to do the next episode? And it's like, did you even watch the first episode?
Speaker 2: You need to quiz her then you can move on.
Speaker 1: I've been disappointed so many times before with that that. I'm like, jack you want to watch things with me, but like I enjoy watching something, I don't just want to sit there and then just But Jackie also is a person who likes company when she watches something, right, like, she doesn't want to do it by herself.
Speaker 2: So Amy same thing. My problem with that is but Amy's also the kind of person that will watch an entire series yeah and say you should totally watch that. I'll watch it again with you. Yeah, But I don't like that. I for whatever reason, I don't know why I want to watch it the first time with her. I don't want her to already know what happened. But there, you know, I don't know. There are people that like to watch things multiple times. Yeah, Like I would watch Shit's Creak again. I love that series.
Speaker 1: Happy Endings is mine. I love Happy Endings. Cracks me up. Every time. You should watch Happy Endings.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's right up my alley.
Speaker 1: I think you would a lot of the humor that I have. Her jokes that I say are ripped straight from Happy Endings. I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite comedies. It's three seasons. You can knock them all out easily.
Speaker 2: Is it like still on?
Speaker 1: Or they keep saying that there's going to be a revival soon, and like every year, I always tweet at the series creators being like, is it happening please? And where do I find happy ending? It's on Netflix, okay. One of my favorite shows of all time. Survivor is another one that I can go back and watch certain old episodes, but.
Speaker 2: Not all the time. There's there's someone from my town on Survivor. Oh really, and I think she's still on it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I don't know who she is or what her name is, but she's from Plainview, Long Island. She's a teacher, like Tommy was, Yeah, teacher Tommy and Tommy and Gina. Right, No, not Gina. There is no Gina. Okay, yeah, oh very good. Well, yeah, I don't I don't know if she's still I don't watch it, so I don't know if she's still on. I would assume like it would be in the local papers when she loses or something like that. I'm the only person, by the way that buys the local paper there. It's called the Herald, and it's like, I don't know, it's I'm sorry Yeah.
Speaker 1: This newest season of Survivor isn't great. I've watched like one episode of it, and I used to be like, I'm obviously a super fan, right because I want to be on the show. But I haven't watched much of the latest season. A because I'm kind of like salty about not being on it, but two because they took away the best part of the whole show. To me, the best part is like being sneaky, like figuring out how people are interacting with each other. Now it's like they're finding pieces of paper that are like if you say the secret phrase, you can get an idol, And it's like there's so many things going on with advantages that it's like I am very confused.
Speaker 2: You know what's gonna happen, And I'm gonna feel really bad after all this time, they're going to accept you for a season. Yeah, and just before taping they're gonna get canceled.
Speaker 1: I don't think, so. One can only hope. But I made my casting tape and then I sent it to a friend who was on the show to like look it over, and she's like, no, no, you can't send this.
Speaker 2: Well, she would square wide, but she would know Yeah, she knows what they're looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're looking for more of my genuine personality, and she.
Speaker 2: Being Michelle, I'm assuming No.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't gone to her because I feel bad asking her for that. You know people that like one, Like she's like a friend, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And so it's kind of like, I don't know, asking like a friend who just so happened to also be on it. Like once you look at my casting tape, it would be like if she had a demo and was like, hey, I want to get into radio, I'd listen, though, So maybe I should look at it the same way. Wow, is that what a breakthrough was called? I think I just had a breakthrough.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw it in your face.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bought this hoodie.
Speaker 2: I see that hoodie. It looks like a car heart What a car Hert.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's like a workman's clothing company car herts. It's an easy hoodie? Oh is it?
Speaker 1: So? It was like eight hundred and fifty dollars ninety dollars. That's still a bit pricey for a hoodie. Let me tell you something worth every penny. This hoodie is like double layered. It's very hot in this hoodie.
Speaker 2: Why are you wearing that it's still like kind of warm.
Speaker 1: Well, because Diamond and Sam wanted to see it today, so I wore it specifically so this way they could wear it.
Speaker 2: You have no problem because I saw struggling, I saw other people trying it on, So you have no problem with other people's like under arm stuff touching your sweatshirt. No five, So I do. And I forgot who I was discussing. Did you say you're not five? I think I was talking to Sam about this the other day. I don't like people wearing my clothes with the exception of my wife or kids. Were immediate, Like, no, just wife or kids, and that's it. Like because one time my dad accidentally wore my bathing suit, he got to keep it. I was never taking that back again. Wash or not, don't care, Okay, I don't like lending people sweatshirt Like you used to ask me for my sweatshirt. I was like, I don't think I ever wore that sweatshirt again. It's still in the back of my chair. I don't know that I've ever put it on. Okay, not that you have cooties or anything like that. There's just another one of my things, Andrew. I don't like lending people clothing. Okay.
Speaker 1: You know, even when it's washed.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. There's still like it was still like on your balls or something. You know, what if I wore a jacket, how did that get my balls? I don't know, somehow like your your ass brushed. I don't know, I don't know, but on my head, Andrew, please, I mean, this aren't your armpits. It went through the deodorant stinky pits what. I don't know, dude, It's just I have problems just letting you know. Okay. So basically you can borrow clothes from me and I'll reluctantly give it to you and you'll get to keep it.
Speaker 1: So, so what you're saying is if I want anything of yours, just wear it.
Speaker 2: That's correct, Okay, yep, this is that's a lot. Mm hmm. I don't think that's an act thing. Well it is, because it's it's a.
Speaker 1: Thing you've spoken to someone about that I'm not okay, you know what. This is your world. We're all just.
Speaker 2: Lipping in it, and I just one of my quirks. Andrew. Yeah, I guess that's what you could call it. Yeah, then again, you have stuck your finger in this catpaw, and so do I. So I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's a breakthrough. Maybe you're having your own breakthrough.
Speaker 2: It's entirely possible. Yeah. But see on the flip side, I shake hands and stuff like that, so I don't. It's not like I'm afraid of touching people.
Speaker 1: I will say, I am enjoying the new thing that people do is elbows instead of like shaking hands.
Speaker 2: I'll still put my hand out and then if someone gives me a fist, I'm like, shake my hand, dude, It's fine, I'll wash it. You're touching all kinds of stuff anyway.
Speaker 1: What's the difference, Just like the elbows, because it's not just like a formal like how you sport.
Speaker 2: Why don't you start bowing?
Speaker 1: I mean that's the easier way.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird only because we're not accustomed to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, bowing would actually be the best one. It's a quick hello.
Speaker 2: Then you see everyone's life fly out of their hair, you know.
Speaker 1: Lice fly out of their hair? Yes, who has lce?
Speaker 2: I don't know dan driff whatever.
Speaker 1: How thick is the dan driff I don't want to see at the top of your head. Is this another quirk that we're discovering. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: So you think everyone has dandriff and if they bow, the dandriff will come out. You know.
Speaker 2: It's like when you walk by an old man and there's like white flakes on the black sweatshirt, and you're like.
Speaker 1: How intently are you looking at old men's sweatshirts?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess if they're next to me, I look at it. I don't know. Like, if I'm standing in an elevator or on a in a train or something, there's someone next to me, I look, and I'll say, they got flakes on their shirt. When was the last time you were on a train a couple two, three weeks ago? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the once every couple of weeks that you ride a train closely, stare at an old man looking for dandriff.
Speaker 2: I don't know where else to look. Okay, if I'm in an elevator with people, I look at I look.
Speaker 1: At you know what. I think. Let's wrap that one up.
Speaker 2: We got it. Tied it with a bow. Okay, done, that's interesting. What else? Andrew? You know what?
Speaker 1: I am a little lost for words on that one. Okay, that's that's an interesting I think I want to stop at Arby's on my way home.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. They got the meat. They do have meat. Yeah, what are you going to get? I just wish they would bring back to arbecue. It's such a simple, simple sandwich. And what it was always like ninety nine cents and it was on It was a soft bun with roast beef slathered in barbecue sauce, not arbecue sauce. It was barbecue sauce. And it was my favorite sandwich there. And they got rid of it a long time ago. They brought it back for a minute and it's gone again. And I, you know, now, I just get a regular barbecue. I get a regular roast beef sandwich and I just pour barbecue sauce on top of it. That's as close as I can possibly get.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what fat. I have weird cravings for Taco Bell from time to time where I'm like, oh, I could just so go for a crunch trap Supreme but and I I have to like actively go and get it because there's no drive The only drive throughs near me are Burger King or McDonald's, and to be honest, I don't want either of those. Okay, chicken fries are great, don't get me wrong, but I'm not actively seeking a chicken fry at the moment.
Speaker 2: I keep it simple at Taco Bell. I just might go to at Taco Bell. There's only two things that I really grab there, Chicken Soft Taco Supreme or Chicken Burrito Supreme. That's it. That's really all I get.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: You know, if Cooper doesn't finish her Dorito's Locos Taco, I'll eat that too. Yeah, but I don't actively buy that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I love their cheesy roll ups, the crunch Trap Supreme, the steakcase, Sadiella, what else?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The uh the thing it's like a taco. No, it's like a taco and then they wrap it in like a soft.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what the crunch wrap is?
Speaker 1: No? This is a nah my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean to have the app on my phone, I can look it up for you.
Speaker 1: It is my favorite, and I used to hate the ranch on the inside, and now I love the ranch on the inside.
Speaker 2: Well, I know Amy keeps raging because they got to the Mexican pizza and she wants it back. That's that. That was her go to it talk about.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I bring back the Mexican pizza.
Speaker 2: A lot of people it's so simple, like why not? That was one of the things when they were like consolidating the menu. I think that, like at the beginning of COVID, maybe they did that. A lot of restaurants consolidated the menu. Cheesy potatoes went yeah, when they couldn't get when they couldn't get product, and hey, that's a whole problem again. Now like there's problems with the supply chain again, I don't know if you've seen. And anything that you can get is more expensive now.
Speaker 1: Well, because no one's working at the docks because everybody.
Speaker 2: Left, well because Tommy and Gina they quit. Who Tommy he quit?
Speaker 1: What show is this from? I feel like you always say this every time I mentioned Tommy.
Speaker 2: But Tommy used to work on the docks. The union's been on strike. I mean, come on, what is this from? Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: The Honeymooners?
Speaker 2: I can't and I've even said it to you and you can't remember it. No, oh, Andrew, just say where it's from. No, I can't. I have to find it and play it now. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, the thing that I'm thinking of from taco about? What is it called?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Here's the app hard taco, soft taco with cheese wrapped around it. Why?
Speaker 2: I want to just let me look at the menu. I don't want to log in. It's not a crunch up supreme.
Speaker 1: It's a here.
Speaker 2: Here's the menu here?
Speaker 1: What is it called?
Speaker 2: Check it out?
Speaker 1: Specialties? It's definitely a specialty. Oh there it is the cheesy Gordida crunch in all its beauty. Oh I love cheesy Cordida crunches. I had eat? Or what is it from?
Speaker 2: I'm going to play it, Andrew, I'm going to play it. Here's the intro. Yeah, you just been on strike? Yeah? There it is? Ready?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: Who to what we? He's down on his luck, Andrew? Anyway? So yeah, no one's working at the docks anymore, and all the shipping containers are lined up at sea and they can't get in. So I saw a story that they said, like you're for the holidays. Yeah, if the stuff is not in yet, it's not you're not getting it this year. Like, if it's not the shipping container hasn't arrived on land and in the port and it's on the way, then that's it. You're not getting it this year.
Speaker 1: Wow. So have you started Christmas shopping?
Speaker 2: I have not. This is going to be a tough year. Andrew. Just, you know, I don't know, and I never know what to buy. Amy's always like I don't need anything, but then she makes a giant Amazon wish list, so you know, I don't know. I don't know. It's just that this is this is going to be just another weird year and hard to get things and what aer now? I really And they're saying a lot of websites that you order stuff from are not going to have free shipping this year, so shipping costs have gone up by like seventy percent apparently, so the shipping costs will be absorbing it this year. Everybody's getting in experience, So you know what, shop local? Andrew? Yeah, I do enjoy shopping local, your local store in shop local.
Speaker 1: Jersey City is great about that because we have an ordinance that for every big chain that you have you have to have a number of local places to offset that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool, and isn't it also an urban renewalment zone so it's only three and a half percent sales tax.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 2: You live there and don't even know that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Like, if you go to the store and buy something, yeah, you only pay three and a half percent sales tax instead of the eight and three quarters that I pay, or eight and seventy five, whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, I wish I bought this book that I recently got from my local bookstore, or I need to rejoin the library because, let me tell you something, the Barnes and Noble they charged me eighteen bucks for a thirteen dollars book, and I don't know what the hell is going on with that, but I paid the full retail price in store online in the store. Huh made me very sad.
Speaker 2: Well, I did hear that many libraries around the country now are doing away with the late fee, so you can go check out a book and just keep it.
Speaker 1: I was a member of the library for the longest time in Jersey City, and then I stopped and now I think I need to get back into it because it was the easiest thing to get into. No complaints on my end, it was great.
Speaker 2: Do you know how to use the Dewey decimal system? Uh?
Speaker 1: That was one of the things that like we would have a test on. Yeah, and they would make you, like get tested on it. And I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to say what.
Speaker 1: No, I knew what the Dewey decimal system was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I used to have the big card catalog, so you'd have to pull them out and yes, and flip through the little cards to see where the book was if they had it again.
Speaker 1: I was I'm the last generation that knows before computers took over everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed those days I used to go to. I was such a loser. I used to go sit in the library and the afternoons after school and I would pull big reels of microfiche out. You know what that is that I don't Okay, So they had a micro there was there was microfiche, and there was microfilm, and I don't really know what the difference was, but I would go to the microfiche machine. It was this big giant box and you'd get this roll of some that look like film negatives, and you'd put it into the machine and you would scroll through it, and you could read old newspapers. Like all these newspapers and periodicals and stuff were on microfilm and microfiche, and you could if you needed an article from January seventeenth, nineteen seventy two, you could go into this giant room and they had these archives of old newspapers and magazines.
Speaker 1: Somebody in movies, yeah, that being used.
Speaker 2: So I would just sit and I have, like go to my birthday August sixth, nineteen seventy five, and would say, oh, look what the big stories were that day, and look at this ad. I could buy a Chevy Chavette for twenty nine hundred and ninety five dollars. Yeah, you know, so wow. I don't know. I'm nostalgic like that. Andrew. I liked that.
Speaker 1: I would love if time travel were a thing, because I traveled back to nineteen seventy five and buy a house with the money I have now, I'd buy a house. I'd buy a car and then just leave him sitting. Did he die?
Speaker 2: Oh no, he time traveled.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm back. I'd have a house.
Speaker 2: I'd have my car, just buy up a bunch of property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd set it on auto pay. How I don't know, because how would you set up autopay in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. Maybe I'd bring a computer back.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, deconstruct this.
Speaker 2: Do you know the first ATM was a nineteen I don't know, it was like late sixties or something like that. It was on Long Island.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was the Chemical Bank or Chase Banker, one of those some bank. I just remember that. That's yeah, that's a great story.
Speaker 1: I love the ATM. I like the new ATMs that allow you to choose the bills. Yes, yes, I love that. I love that they can read checks. I like that it's like an all in one system because I get nervous when I go to the teller because something tells me that they're looking at my balance and are like, here you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't judge me. Are you sure you want to take out that much? I don't like about the ATMs. They do not take They do not give out two dollar bills. Sorry, yeah, you can put them in. By the way. I found that out. I made a deposit one time, and there was a two dollar bill stuck to the money that I was putting in and it recognized it.
Speaker 1: I have one hundred dollars and two dollars bills just accumulated over the years here.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just use them?
Speaker 1: Because I would rather just take one hundred dollars bill and break it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense. Look, I have a pocket full of twos.
Speaker 1: That's because you're that guy.
Speaker 2: But why not? You're that guy, pal I am. I like to make you crazy, Andrew, You're that.
Speaker 1: Guy who's like, hey, sport, want a two dollars bill, I'm gonna go to Arby's on the way home and pay with two dollar bills. You're the one that, like the restaurant talks about afterwards. I think we've probably mentioned this before, but you are one hundred percent the one that people mentioned afterwards, like some guy gave us a two dollars bill and we definitely didn't think it was. First of all, he paid cash. Second of all, that's the only time I paid bills. By the way, that's the only time I will pay in cash. I don't use cash other than two dollar bills. As ridiculous as that's it. I need to start holding on to cash more like I think it keeps me in check on how much I can spend.
Speaker 2: Nope, my problem is if I have cash in my pocket, I will put it into a scratch off lottery machine. That's my problem. That's why, and all honesty, that's why I carry twos and only use twos because you cannot buy lotto tickets with them.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like we need to have is an intervention, Yes for gambling, Yes, yes, scratch offs, Yes, it's a it's a problem.
Speaker 2: So if I do have a denomination that a lottery machine will take, I will use it in said lottery machine. Oh wow, Yeah, I did not know that you We were in Atlantic Shifts. Yeah, we were in Atlantic City this weekend too, went to Ocean Beautiful by the way. And you know, I only bring a set amount and that's it. Once I lose it, I lose it. And I will not use an ATM down there because it's like twelve dollars a transaction and that goes against everything I believe in. I will throw five hundred dollars in the Wheel of Fortune machine, but will not throw twelve dollars into the atm Ye.
Speaker 1: I'm that way sometimes too, when it comes to like, I don't know, I'll buy something for like, I don't know, two hundred dollars, and then I'll look and it'll be like, oh, I really need this thing for ten dollars, but I'll know I could get at someplace for eight and be like, well, I'm not doing that. You will not get me.
Speaker 2: For those extra two dollars. I'm with you, look at it.
Speaker 1: Somebody's convenience wise. I know I should, but I don't.
Speaker 2: If it's someplace that's close by and I know it's cheaper there, why why wouldn't you just go there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree. I don't disagree. It's like shipping and handling fees. If you're going to charge me two hundred dollars, don't If like, if I see one ninety nine plus three dollars shipping and handling versus two hundred dollars versus three with three ninety nine shipping and handling, I'm like, it's the principle of the thing.
Speaker 2: You're right, And if you're an eBay seller, just do free shipping. People. If I go on eBay to buy something and I see something as like eleven dollars shipping. Screw you, even if the other one is a little bit more. If it says free shipping, that's what gets people in it, really, it really does.
Speaker 1: That's how I got my sister her uh Kim Kardashian's skims for Christmas a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: What of that it was?
Speaker 1: It was like her fluffy robe collection. Oh, Jackie wanted it, and of course I didn't know to get this to her until weeks before Christmas. So there I was on eBay and Poshmark looking up skims.
Speaker 2: Please explain Poshmark to me. Is that is that used clothing? Is that what that is?
Speaker 1: It is it's consignment.
Speaker 2: So I would never in a million years buy anything on Poshmark.
Speaker 1: That's what you're saying, because you are special that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, just checking.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a pure alley, I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have things that you might need, Like I need a new wallet more than anything else in the entire world right now. It's ripping on the side. So like it's happened to me at least three times in the past month where I'll go to get one thing and then all of my cards fall out, and then I'm the idiot, like, sorry.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's me too. I have because I have way too many credits.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that's you.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of credit. So my wallet bursts like once every year or two, and I have to get a new one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to figure out what I'm going to do Christmas coming up. I guess I can't order that far out in advance, though, but I guess I need to because they're shipping problems.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get you a Wallle for Christmas, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I'll get you a Walla for Christmas. Well, you have one already.
Speaker 2: It's the Chip's wallet. Oh that's right. Yeah, I love it. I'm afraid to put anything in there, though, because it will completely fall apart.
Speaker 1: It's a collector's item after all. So all right, Andrew, shall we? Yeah, Okay, I need to go to Arby's. All right, good luck up us.
Speaker 2: Although I'm not a fan of the Horsey sauce. We Okay, it's white and creamy and it's like horse radishy and I'm not really into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm good. No Horsey sauce, got it.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Yeah, because the Arby cute the Arby. Yeah, Horsey sauce. I'm pretty sure it's white and creamy. Can we stop talking about this? I'm good. Thank you have it when it's warm and hot? Andrew hot, creamy white, saying long John Silver's in the summer. Oh, tartar sauce, tartar sauce on a hot plate? Oh boy, long time silvers? Are they still around? No?
Speaker 1: No, but I never went to one. How is there not a fast food Chinese place? But we have fast food fish?
Speaker 2: There is fast food Chinese? What Panda Express?
Speaker 1: There's no drive through Panda Express there. We've said this, Andrew, there must be look it up. There's got to be a drive through Chinese restaurant somewhere. There has to be not doing it.
Speaker 2: There has to be.
Speaker 1: I'll wait until listeners applies me with the info.
Speaker 2: How about Arthur Treachers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It was a it was like a fish and chips fast food place, you know, very prevalent in the age.
Speaker 1: Oh, I need to get Sam. Oh all rkay, let's clink all right?
Speaker 2: Sam? Hey? How you doing? They clink?
Speaker 1: Sam?
Speaker 2: Why do we talk about sam before, Oh, because I wouldn't wear other people's clothes. My dad's balls were in the bathing suit. I wouldn't wear it again that I told you that. Remember, would you wear someone else's clothes?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I wouldn't wear your dad's free balling clothes if that helps.
Speaker 1: But he washed it. She gave it to you if.
Speaker 2: If I because someone but wait wait wait wait didn't someone have to borrow your underwear of pants or someone friend of mine? Carla Marie Carlo Mariie, Yes.
Speaker 3: Borrowed my yoga leggings once and after giving it back to me and I wore it, I found out she went commando. Yeah, can I we could agree that crosses a line. Don't even front whatever you were just fighting. I agree with everything you just said. But this is past that line.
Speaker 1: But she washed it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter yoga pants in general. No, yeah, exactly, that's stuff there. Clam touch okay.
Speaker 1: Situation all right, do.
Speaker 3: Kids listen to this podcast?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I must say, Arthur Treachers. They had fried clams.
Speaker 1: See yes, fast food seafood restaurants thoughts.
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: All right, fast food cereal restaurant, fast food seafood restaurants, thoughts, I.
Speaker 3: Can get down on some pop Eyes.
Speaker 2: That's spun stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can always do accasion shrimp absolutely.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thanks for stopping by, Andrew. Let's get out of.
Speaker 1: Here because I need to tell you something for work.
Speaker 2: Please follow us on all social platforms at serial Killers PC. Look at the website.
Speaker 1: Look at the website serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 2: That's that, and in another couple of days you'll be able to buy something really cool. Yeah, teaser because the holidays are on the way. I hope it smells good, Okay.
Speaker 1: I can only wonder what it will smell like.
Speaker 2: Like the clammy yoga pants.
Speaker 1: All right, on the count of three, one, two, three, clink all right?
Speaker 2: We do sound effects, yes, no, no clam talk