Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. So the year was two thousand and two, Spring of two thousand and two to be exact. And I met this lovely, beautiful young blonde on the first season of The Bachelor. Her name was Trista Wren, and she didn't actually find love on that first season. She later became our first bachelorette. She was a runner up on Alex Michelle's season of the Bachelor and then became our first bachelorette. Of course, the rest is history and has been a beautiful, wonderful history, and she has become a dear friend of mine, as is her husband and two children. I should say, welcome to the most dramatic podcast ever. Trista, the Og, the goat, the godmother of the franchise. Yes to the Godfather, for without you, this thing wouldn't have ever worked for you or me. That's true. No, And I do say when I you know, whenever I talk about Trista, I call her the godmother because when people say, what was that lightning in a bottle moment that legitimized the show? Because we needed we needed the show. The concept was great, the idea behind it was actually really brilliant. But if we didn't have a true love story, then what's the point. And so you know, season three, we went through Alex Michelle and people think you were actually the second you were not. Aaron Bergee came next, he was the next bachelor. Then it was the first Bachelorette. And I say it took Trista in that love story to legitimize what we were actually envisioning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. I mean I didn't feel that pressure. Of course, I was just there to find love. But you're right, I feel like even just watching, I don't know if you watched this season, I don't. I assume you do, maybe don't watch anymore, But.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't. I don't. I don't, I assumed.
Speaker 2: But I feel like a lot of people are craving authenticity these days, and I feel like Joey was able to give that back to people this season. And I think a lot of people, at least the people I've been messaging with, you know, fans of the show, are loving that. And so I have always felt that I always wanted authenticity and sincerity, and that's probably why I was attracted to my husband, because that's him. But yeah, I was just there to do my own thing, you know, buy love and thank god it happened.
Speaker 1: I always say, you know, again going we're going back many many years, two thousand and two, twenty two years ago. Obviously, there was an innocence and a naivete. We were all so innocent. I mean, I think about the things you and I were doing at the time, and we hung out all the time. I mean, the show was so different. There was no separation of church and state, and there was a beautiful innocence to it that is lost. And I don't blame anybody in particular because it's just the sign of the times. But how do we get that back? You know, can you can? Can that Genie be put back in the bottle where you have you know, legitimately sincere authentic reality TV? Again?
Speaker 2: Gosh, I don't know. I mean, that's a really good question, because I feel like with social media, you just it's really hard to do that. But you're right, looking back, we all hung out. It was me and Lisa and Mike and you and Jason Carbone and we were at Lisa's house like having drinks and going out to dinner together, like it wasn't. And obviously the people nowadays hang out with their handlers, right, so they have a producer that is like attached to them for the whole show, and they hang out with them. But I feel like it was You're right. We were so naive. We were just trying to figure things out, and I loved it, Like I loved being like a family with everybody. It's probably one of the best things to come out of the show. Obviously, you know, my relationship is the best thing to come out of the show. But the friendships. I feel like we were able to really really cultivate those friendships back then because we weren't worried about someone taking a picture of us and putting it on social media and being like, oh my god, is Chris Harrison dating Trista Setter or Trista Wren, you know, like because we were hanging out, you know, like, I don't know, it was just I love the innocent days and I wish we could get back to it, but I just don't know that that's possible with social media.
Speaker 1: I mean, flash forward to I went to Dancing with the Stars, probably to maybe root you on. I forget when it all happened, but somebody from the batchler was on the show and on dancing and Emily Maynard and I went, you know, I usually would go the Bachelor Bacherette of that season to promote it. And of course the tabloids are calling because I'd just gotten a divorce, and it's like, is Chris you know, did he you know? Is he dating Emily? Do you think there's something weird?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Was he hitting on any of the dancers? And you know when we flashed back and I don't. I will say it was a very unprofessional time of the Bachelor and Bacherette. There were no rules because, like you said, we would stop taping and you would kind of come back with us back to the hotel or back to someone's house, and we were drinking tequila and traut. You know, there was no there were there were there were no lines. There were no professional lines where now it's like everybody has their compartment that they have to stay in totally.
Speaker 2: Well I mean, I mean we like put those lines there for our own, Like I wasn't ever going to like hit on you and likewise, and I wasn't ever going to hit on flies and likewise, do you know what I mean, like I for me, there were lines there, but that was our personal lines. There were no lines that had been divide I did. Because of the world that we live in.
Speaker 1: We were just having fun. You were allowed to just have fun, in which we did. We had an absolute blast. And you know, I think back and you can probably give more credence to this. You were also used more in that we were trying to build a franchise and trying to build a show. You were the first of something. You were the first bacherette while we had done a bachelor the Bachelorette at the time. You have to remember everybody was really controversial and it was really this lightning rod and this is why we had to choose a really strong, spectacular woman, which we did in Trista. But it was hot. But we used you in a good way of like, okay, Trista, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: We would ask your opinion and you would almost help produce the show in a way that we would never do or they would never do.
Speaker 2: Now you're so right, it's so funny. I remember specifically a time with Lisa Levinson. She was basically, even though she was the EP, she was kind of my handler if you.
Speaker 1: Will, and and that's how crazy. Lisa So the executive producer on a television show was like the top of the top and they don't handle bachelor's and bacheorettes, but back then that's who was hands on with you. And that's just that's unheard of now.
Speaker 2: Unheard of, yes, completely, So they're always behind the scenes, you know, But she were. She was doing my interviews. Every time I was doing an im like I was, I was with her. So there was one specific moment where she was asking me all these questions. I was getting really annoyed with her and it was just taking forever and She's like, Okay, listen, I just need you to cry. And I was like, what, Like that's so stupid. I'm sorry, but if I'm not feeling that, I'm like, no, I don't want to cry. But if that's what it's going to take, like, just ask me something to like get me emotional. But I'm not, like, I'm not an actress.
Speaker 1: But Lisa was funny. Lisa came from that that's soap opera world and the talk show world, and she was great at that and she you know, she would get in there and mix it up and do the interviews herself, and again they just don't, you know, executive producers don't do that anymore well.
Speaker 2: And also I feel like, you know, the handlers get really close to the leads, so they have super special bonds, and I feel like because of that, a lot of times the leads will open up more same with the rest of the cast, like you're going to open up more to someone that you have a bond with than you are to like somebody who you've never seen before.
Speaker 1: You mentioning that story reminded me of another story that you told me. I wasn't there because back in the day, you know, this is again two thousand and two, two thousand and three, we didn't travel. The show would go on dates and maybe pop out to Vegas, go to Hawaii or whatever, but we would always come back to LA for Rose ceremonies. That was home base. So all Rose ceremonies were back home. So I wouldn't go very rarely. I think the first time I traveled, honestly was Bob Guiney season, and so you I think it was Russ wouldn't that his name? You went to think maybe Sedona or something Yep, Okay, So do you remember. Do you remember the story about Russ and the kiss and how sick you were?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Tell me it was the same thing where one of the producers was like, you were you were feeling terrible. You were really sick and feeling horrible, and you're like, guys, I just want this to be over. I just want to go to bed. Tell me how I can make this end. And they said, well, if you'll kiss him. Remember that.
Speaker 2: It actually sounds very similar to when I was in Hawaii with Alex Michelle. So he was sick in bed, and I think that I probably I remember going to his room just to hang out, but he was he was totally sick. These days, if someone was sick because of potential COVID, you would not be able to go to his room and just say hi, you know, so, oh yeah, I remember being an Alex. I do not remember. I have such a horrible memory. I mean, it's just it's just gone.
Speaker 1: This is what's crazy. I remember that. I think Alex was sick because you guys went on a helicopter ride and he got heir sick. He got heir sick. You're right, So the poor guy was throwing up puking and then they're like going for a kiss.
Speaker 2: So amazing. It's amazing looking back at that and knowing how many helicopters they've had on the show, and the first one ended up with the leap puking in it, So why do they constantly right?
Speaker 1: Why do we do this anymore?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: You know, the most unromantic thing in the world is two is the air the hot air balloon ride, because what you're not seeing is the two or three other people shoved in this basket. Everybody is literally touching, you know, there's one there's a camera set up, and it's like it's the most unromantic moment ever, but we make it look.
Speaker 2: Very much produced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much produced. Going back to the naivete, I will still say your group of guys the greatest group of bachelors we have ever assembled. That has to do with a lot of things. I think the timing, the guys, the innocence of the moment. But it was a spectacular group of guys. I'm friends with many of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually Ryan was watching the finale with me, so Blakesley, my daughter, of course, wanted to watch this season because we met Joey at the Golden wedding, so you know, she's kind of locked in and she wasn't here. So Ryan watched the finale with me and he was saying, just that, you know, the girls on this season, there was a little bit of drama, but like in the end, what they were talking about, how was kind of like out of out of nowhere, it's never happened before. Was the word that the girls were actually like supporting each other in the end, the last two girls, and they were talking about, you know, the girls in their bond, and Ryan was like, I our season was the best, Like our guys were the best. Like everyone got along. He said. He remembers one of the guys saying he didn't know if it was Charlie, but one of the guys saying, if she doesn't end up with me, I really want her to end up with you.
Speaker 1: Like that does not say I think it was so Charlie. And Charlie was your number two who I actually ran into not too long ago in Las Vegas. Remember I think I told you about that, Yes, yes, yes, and we caught up. It was so wild. This guy came up to me. It's like Chris Harrison was like, holy crash Charlie just what a blast in the past. And of course Bob Guiney famously was on your season. You didn't choose Bob.
Speaker 2: I didn't. What were my friends to this day?
Speaker 1: Exactly? I yelled, well, y'all host the podcast together.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean think about that, and we and when we did your show, there was no such thing as a podcast, There was no such thing as a blog. We didn't have to deal with any of that crap. The worst thing we dealt with was maybe after the season, Entertainment Tonight or People magazine would try to do something that was it.
Speaker 2: You're right. I remember specifically going on gosh, what was it? The Today Show? With what is? Katie Couric was the person who interviewed me, and I was completely starstruck. And Matt Lowery that was really fun. And then of course they switched everything from NBC Today Show to Good Morning America for you know, for everything, of course, which makes sense because it's an ABC show. But that was really really that was really fun for me because you know, I was this Midwestern girl who had lived in Miami and it was all fun for me. It was it was It was a crazy whirlwind and that was kind of a little bit of icing on the cake because the cake was Ryan. I'm sure you're not being.
Speaker 1: Compared to cake well, and people have to like put in perspective if if the show is doing good now, that means it's averaging just under or just at three million viewers. Yeah, your show was over thirty million. Over thirty million viewers. It's hard to put in perspective. And again, it was a different time in television. I'm not comparing the two because you can't. Television is so different. But that's the point is there was no social media, but it was so big. And I will tell a story to try and put in perspective how big it was. There was this show called Alias with Jennifer Garner, Bradley Cooper and all these big stars that was on and that was on ABC. Was the big show. Trista and I went to the Super Bowl. There was the Super Bowl in San Diego with Tampa Bay and the Raiders were playing, and you and I were there, and so the biggest stars on the planet. You know, Jennifer Garner was huge at the time. When Trista walked in, the place shut down everybody that they were knocking, knocking, Jennifer Garner over to get to Trista, and it was just it was the level of stardom, the level of craziness. And back then there was no there wasn't a late night show. That It was actually at that Super Bowl when they announced Jimmy Kimmel was going to do the late night show. So you went on Jay Leno, you were on the Today Show. That would never happen. Now you got to go suck up to Kimmel. You got to go suck up to GMA and People met and People Magazine owns The Bachelor, so you're you know, People Magazine will never say anything bad about The Bachelor. They're always going to get the story that whole. You know, they're all in cahoots. That wasn't the case with you.
Speaker 2: Definitely not. And I did Howard Stern like Oprah. Oprah is where the wedding came from. You know, she she wanted to have the wedding on her show. It was, it was, it was massive. It's funny that I love seeing it through your eyes or hearing about seeing it through your eyes, because I don't remember that being Like what I remember about the Super Bowl was that I freaking got to sat next to sit next to Bradley Cooper because I was a massive fan of Alias and to this day too like freaking love him and Jennifer Garner too, Like I am huge fans. So that's all I remember about it is how starstruck I was. But you're right, it was. I think they said it was thirty one million people tuned into the final episode when we got engaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the biggest episode ever was Aaron Bergie's finale that was thirty three million. Your season is the highest averaged ever from start to finish.
Speaker 2: No, it you know, something that was definitely not expected. Like you said in the beginning, it was very controversial. I mean I got called every name in the book by the past. You know that I was going to look like a slut and who am I to be dating twenty five guys at one time and all this, So I probably went, you know, to the opposite extreme, like that moment when I was on the beach with Jamie and he was like, well, could I give you a kiss? And I was like maybe on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Jamie Blithe. So you think of the popularity of you and the show, and by the way kudos because I always say, of all the people that have been able to transition and stay relevant with the show, with the fans, with everything, it's you. You have mastered that and it's brilliant. And I say, is brilliant because you did not have social media good or bad. First of all, I would add, do you wish it was a different time? Say you had the stardom, the numbers, the press, everything, and you had you could be a social media influencer. First of all, you'd be a bajillionaire.
Speaker 2: But gosh, I don't think I could do it. Brian and I have talked about that. I am so sensitive. I would go on the message boards. So back then it was like the precursor to social media. It was message boards. So you go on ABC dot com and they would have a message board tab and you could click on all these different links about what people were discussing. And of course it was like Trista walks like a duck, and Trista has a baby talk and Trista this and that and the other thing. And I would look at everything because hello, I'm a curious human, and I would get upset. I do not think I would survive mentally, the social media terrors that they have to go through, Like the death threat that people get is ridiculous. It is so horrifying. Yeah, the hatred, I hate that. It is so much of it is about hatred. And even if it's like this much, that's.
Speaker 1: What you focus on on a lot of it is bots and stuff that don't they're not even yeah, they're not even real accounts. I mean, I went through that when I was going through my thing. You know, I'm used to it because I've been doing this for over thirty years. But you know, the death you get, death threats, you get hate, you get all this stuff. I've gotten that for decades. I just don't go on social media and cry about it. It's just it is what it is. But you go back and if sometimes if you look at those accounts, you're like zero followers, zero, you know, it's like they're bots. They're they're fake, but they are made to initiate and distir this crap up, and it's it is. It's horrible. It's tough to deal with, especially for someone like you. And I've always defended bachelor's and bachelorettes and people on the show because say what you will. I know you think you know what you signed up for, but you don't. There's no way to prepare you for that.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. You can think that you're going to be able to handle it, but you can't until you're in that position. And I want to go back and say thank you. That was very nice of you to say about staying relevant. I don't think I'm relevant that much these days because I am old and I'm the old gal, like you know, the OG that's what I say. The OG stands for.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm telling you to this day. And literally I just went to I just went to Missoo where Lauren went to school, and inevitably it always happens, people come up and say, oh my gosh, my favorite season was Trista and that Firefighter. For some reason, they never remember Ryan's name. He's always the firefighter. But I'm telling you you to this day, which is remarkable because again this is twenty two years. That's essentially two generations of humans that have grown up. They still watch and know you and find you and find your season. That's really it really is remarkable.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet. I honestly think I have a thought on this is I just recently heard that your memories, the ones that you remember, are the ones that are tied to some kind of emotion. Right. So a lot of people, which I'm sure you get this all the time, too, watched the show during like difficult times when their mom was dying, or when they were having a baby, or they got together with a group of people and they put on their wedding gowns as like the party that you know, they were watching the Bachelortte finale. So I feel like so many people back in the day when it was innocent and people didn't talk about the editing and the villains and the you know whatever, the production of it all. It was more just about the love story, and I feel like people were emotionally tied to it. A lot of people at least were emotionally tied to it because of how they were watching, who they were watching with, and then of course the end result and that was, you know that we got married and are happy. So yeah, I love that. I love that people have this positive memory of all of it because obviously it's it's my happening.
Speaker 1: When people ask me about my time on the show, I say, I have no misgivings about it, and it was a blessing and one of the because of my relationship with just those people you're talking about. I hear all the time someone sits down and say, you know, I never got to talk to my mom or my daughter, but on Monday nights or Wednesday nights, was when you were on was was when we would connect and when we'd get together, or this is what we would watch in the hospital when my daughter was sick. And you hear a lot of those stories and you're right, it got them through tough times, or just kids that come up and say you were my childhood, which is really makes me feel old, but it's wonderful. It's like you like you were my childhood because my mom was always watching and so I would That's how I would come in and connect and so it is a It was a great thing for that and I relish and we'll always love and respect that connection that I had with twenty year's worth of people growing up and you know, going through these memories, it's wonderful. I want to talk about because you just said, Blakesley, watch the finale and watch the show. Was that the you did you go back and watch your show with the kids. Two kids by the way, mad Max and Blakeslee.
Speaker 2: Yep. Max is sixteen and Blakesley is almost fifteen. So two teenagers in the house, which is crazy town. But as you know, they have not watched our season, and they've watched a little bit of the wedding little snippets at least Blakesley has. Max has no interest whatsoever.
Speaker 1: He wants to play hockey and you know, go break stuff.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly. He just wants to play hockey and be with his girlfriend. He's had a girlfriend since the first day of school who we love. Wow. Wow, I know, it's crazy, It really is crazy. So yeah, no, we haven't shown them, and you know, maybe someday, blake Sti'll look it up on whatever it'll be on and see it. Of course, we have VHS tapes and I've saved a VCR just for that purpose because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, I think it's got to be up somewhere I haven't looked, but it's got to be up on like Hulu or one of those sites I assume, you know. By the way, a little bit of Bachelor trivia, the first Bachelor baby was Max. Yep, he was and Max the first Bachelor baby was born July twenty sixth, on your birthday, which is my birthday. It was two thousand and seven, so we're a couple of years apart. But yeah, Max's boorn July twenty six I was so excited. I got so happy when I heard you, you know, had had Max on on a bird. It's like it just it was a full circle moment for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't plant it better.
Speaker 1: I thought he'd be named Christopher or maybe Maxwell Christopher, but you know that's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's so crazy. And then like Blakeslee has a birthday with Andy Dorfman and Becca Krufrien. It's such a small world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I guess there's thousands of us now, so it's bound you guys. I just want to catch up on how you're doing. You're now living in Denver, so if for those sad souls that are still going to veil trying to go by the firehouse to see Ryan, he is not there. That that always cracked me up. We would go skiing from time to time and we'd always see you guys, and we'd swing by the firehouse to see Ryan. And I mean a constant stream of people going to the firehouse to see Peep, to see Ryan. But you guys are living in Denver. How is life? How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Life is great. We decided to make the move because, well, first of all, Ryan had been commuting from Vale to Denver, which is like a two hour drive maybe for about two or three years. And even though he was like okay with it in his mind because he loves the mountains so much, he's like, I don't want to leave, it was the right decision. Like being in skier traffic because there's only two lanes on the highway most of the way, it is stressful. And he was going through lime disease at the time, which he still has, but he was really in a bad place in terms of his health at that point. So that was a big draw for us. His parents live like five minutes away from us, which is great. And then Max really wanted to change it up a little bit. He wanted kind of an elevated academic and athletic experience, and so we found an incredible school here and Blakesley's at an incredible new dance academy, our dance studio. So I feel like you know, we were in a very small town. Veil is a very small town, and really we we loved it. You know, we love the community. The mountains are incredible. They grew up skiing, you know, they can they can go on the mountain by themselves now, which is kind of unheard of who didn't grow up around it. But they're good there. It's just, you know, big cities offer a lot more opportunity and that was kind of the the catalyst for our decision was really thinking about the opportunity. So we're settling in. We still are finding our way and meeting friends, and who knows, we might maybe we'll stay here, maybe we'll go back to the mountains. Maybe we'll follow our kids wherever they go to college. Who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, you don't know. Things are going to change so dramatically in the next three to five years. Everything will be turned upside down, or as I like to say on the show, everything is about to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, it's true.
Speaker 1: Where they go to college, what they end up doing, and it is it's a wonderful time. There's a lot of angst. You're going to get to that, like, Okay, where are they going to school and getting them there. Trista, Joshua was about to graduate. He's graduating. This may like he's out of school, yes, like he is twenty two years old and graduating cars.
Speaker 2: Well you can say that makes him twenty two. Well it's funny because people don't know this. But I sent you a text the other day because you know, as as going through moves, I'm still going through boxes. And I went through a box of Christmas cards and I sent you a text with two of your old Christmas cards with your cute little babies on them, as I did with like ten other friends. I was like, how cute is this? Like I save these credit cards? Are these Christmas cards? Just because I love seeing people's pictures. I love, you know, the connection to my friend. But oh my gosh, I cannot believe he's graduating college.
Speaker 1: I do like, I love this. This is like what you sent me.
Speaker 2: Look at those babies.
Speaker 1: I got the cutest text from Trista. This is what I love about Trista and just the show in general, that just the friends I've made or whatever. And this is still to this day and I don't even know where this picture is. This is of the kids in Italy when we were shooting in Italy. Yes, and they were walking down the street. This is what would have been Lorenzo Burghazy season of The Bachelor, and uh, you said, I thank you, thank you for sending me the old Christmas cards because I don't have these and I can't believe you did. But I appreciate it that when they got those my heart.
Speaker 2: I have sent them to you like in the mail.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, who's going to keep those anyway? It's like, no, I have the pictures, but it was. It just hit me and I'm like, oh, it just goes by so fast, it just blows by.
Speaker 2: I know, Chris, I don't know, like you've successfully figured it.
Speaker 1: Out, but I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Well, yes you have, Yes, you have. You're happily married again, You're doing a podcast, you're doing married, all of these things. Your things are falling in line, which I'm so happy for you for. But I am really struggling with, like finding my identity, knowing that my kids are going to be out of the house because I've dedicated the last sixteen years of my life plus sixteen years plus to my to Ryan the family. Like I was a physical therapist and then with that to go do the show the show, and so I'm really struggling with it. It makes me really sad, just a wee.
Speaker 1: Lauren and I just did a podcast on this and we talked about it in depth of and I'm not putting this out there in the universe, but it's just it was a statistic of one of the leading causes of divorce, and that was the topic we were talking about. And how you know, as as a husband like Ryan, must be cognizant of the fact that you were going to go through something really traumatic and it's greed and it's real and you have to find yourself and both couples, both you know people and a couple need to be cognizant of the fact that it's big. It's big change, and it's big for the person that's been out working every day to understand that this person that's been home and grinding and driving to hockey and driving to dance and doing all these things now has to find space in this world. And it is it's very real, and I'm glad that you are cognizant of it and thinking of it, because yeah, it's it is going to be something you'll have to deal with for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really haven't thought about it, like in terms of that. I did when I was doing my Better et cetera podcast, I did have someone, a grief expert, come and talk about grief, and she did talk about like different kinds of grief because it's not just losing someone, right, And so you're right, like I will, I will go through grieving and just knowing that, knowing what to expect because I am going to be a puddle on the floor, like I don't know what I'm what I'm going to do. Blakeslee and I are especially really close, and it's going to be so hard.
Speaker 1: I cry. I cried like a baby. Dropping both my kids off at college.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: And then now there's the last right like with Joshua, his last you know, lacrosse games are coming up, there's senior night coming up, there's graduate, all these things, and I mean, I got emotional. We went and looked at apartments because he's moving out of his you know, college and he's got to get an apartment in a job, and so we're in that phase of life and you're just like, so there's all these phases and they're all great and they're wonderful, and you realize you're blessed, but it doesn't mean it doesn't hit you in the heart. Yeah, And I'm glad that Ryan's doing better because I know that, you know, you guys with a lime disease, which is such a bizarre, mysterious disease that goes undiagnosed for so long, which exacerbates what happens, and uh, we were all so worried. I'm glad he's doing good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's better. I mean he's he definitely had a lot of ups and down still and really would like to feel better at least most of the time. He says that he's about eighty percent. I would go to his doctor's appointments with him because he is so incredibly humble too, so he's not going to be like, oh, I don't want to complain about like whatever's going on with me, even if it's really significant. I would tell his doctors, like, you don't understand. He has an incredibly high pain tolerance. So if it was me that was going through what he's going through, I would be bedridden every single day and maybe even hospitalized, like he is able to get through through this because you're right, he's freaking superhuman. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I've said along if there was a category of greatest athletes ever to have been on this franchise in twenty two years, it's Ryan. I mean, he's the guy that he you know, played played college football, played professional football, could have picked up basketball. He's that guy. If you invent a sport the next day, he's the best at it. And it just it's crazy what a phenomenal athlete this guy is. I mean, that's why he was such a good firefighter. It's like, the guy is a freak. And so yeah, for when you see him knocked on his ass, You're like, oh my god, that is that's for real scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very scary. So when he like actually succumbs to it and gives in to the fact that he's not feeling well, because usually he'll push through it. He'll be like, oh whatever, I'm still going to go to work and we're going to be doing twelve hours of training at the firehouse today, but I'm still going to go and oh whatever, I'm still going to skin up this mountain. And like, I have never understood it, but I'm grateful because had he not had the kind of tolerance that he has, it would have been even even harder. And it was and it still is. But thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you guys are good, and I'm glad life is good, and I so value a your friendship and of course your time to come on the show. I truly am one of the greatest gifts to come out of this franchise, and it was you and our friendship and the fact that you and I have stayed friends for wow, twenty two years. Now, twenty two years, like it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I think you were there the first day that I came for my interview at the office of you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just happened to be there at the old Telepictures Next Entertainment. Yes, yeah, that blonde hair.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh right, yes, this was it, the Spikey.
Speaker 1: Here blonde hair beautiful. Oh man. Well, I appreciate I so appreciate you, and give my love to Ryan and I'm glad you guys are doing great, and of course I will see you soon somewhere.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, I I'm here, all of those sentiments, love you, appreciate you great well for you, and please give Lauren and the kids a hug for me too.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.