Speaker 1: He's the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, February sixth, and we are now seventy nine days away from the twenty twenty four NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 3: Under eighty to go. The All Star Games are in the review mirror. We've got next up on the draft event list.
Speaker 2: It's combined time and we've got plenty to talk about here over the next hour. We've got Nick Harris and Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yewmans, Chris Beam in the back, Brian Bobby and Zach Walchuk are all doing their thing out at Radio Row with one O five three the Fan, our home for draft coverage of course every year. And they are out there just Dixon mingle and doing their thing, networking, talking the scouts, talking the agents.
Speaker 4: That are available, and yeah, surely not having a good time with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're definitely not having a couple of drinks or not having any fun.
Speaker 5: Ye, not any I did not have food or I did not know, guys, I did not well because I have been to a super Bowl on accident. I have been to a whole nother day on accident. I'm telling you. I have a good friend that plays piano for Bruno Mars. So the year that they were in Houston, he hits me up like, hey, come down, you can go to the events. You can go. He always gives me tickets. That's my buddy. So I'm like, okay, cool, I pull up. And it's funny because I'm here now. So I pull up in my Kia in my Buffalo wild Wings uniform.
Speaker 2: Neither one of those responsors, but we'll keep Hey, she worked there, I worked there.
Speaker 5: I worked there. I pulled up in my Kia. I heard it's the Four Seasons. It's the four It's fancy. He just drops the pen to me pull up. The valet comes up to me. He's like, man, I'm sorry rush you, but mister Jones is behind you. Jerry. I'm like, I'm like, oh crap, I leave all my stuff. You're funny. I leave all my stuff in the car. But anyway, it's an event. It is a big deal. Like I didn't realize until kind of seeing some of the stuff, like with the Chiefs and they're interviewing and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: And that was in Houston. Imagine what it is in Vegas.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, yo, this is this how I wonder how I thought to myself, how do the players stay grounded all of the It takes a different level of discipline, I'm assuming because it's just I'm just looking at it. I'm like, Yo, this is entertainment. This is interviews and lights and cameras, and I don't know, it just seems like a lot. I didn't know it was like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and by a certain point in your career, like when you're Tom Brady and you get to like that ninth super Bowl, Like I've.
Speaker 4: Been through this already.
Speaker 6: So it's that's a distinct advantage that you have in your career to be able to take over something like that.
Speaker 5: But right, it's just nuts. I been looking at all the media coverage from the super Bowl right now, and I'm just like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: Taylor swifting to the equation too?
Speaker 5: Man? That makes it it's a spectacle.
Speaker 3: We'll see if she even gets there. We'll see if he gets there in time. I hope she does. I really did.
Speaker 2: In Tokyo the day before, like the night before she's in Tokyo and then has to take a thirteen hour flight. She would have to leave like at eleven thirty to make it happen or something like that. I've seen like fifteen infographics about it on so they're gonna.
Speaker 6: Find Yeah, we're gonna track that flight too. It's gonna be a whole whole thing to Saturday.
Speaker 2: Everybody's gonna pick up whatever jet she's on, and they're gonna be on flight aware.
Speaker 3: It'll take her own jet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a coaching search with me.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be swift. He's on the coaching search. But yeah, so I think she'll be there. I hope she is.
Speaker 5: That'd be fun interesting.
Speaker 2: All Right, We've got plenty to talk about draft wise, and of course Twitter on the twenty coming up at the twenty minute mark. I just sent out the tweet, So if you have questions for the show, go to Kyle underscore Yeomans on Twitter and hit us up there. That's how we're going to take it. I didn't send it out early this morning like I normally do. I send it out like ten minutes ago. So send it to us now and we'll answer your draft questions. We're also going to talk about the Senior Bowl here in a matter of moments and really what happened out in Mobile. But first I wanted to go through some hypotheticals. We've done this on this show once or twice where we put together first, second, third round mock drafts, and I want to choose which one would you rather have out of these potentials.
Speaker 3: And then I've got a wild card that we're going to throw in here too, so one that you don't know of, one that something will happen that isn't at pick number twenty four.
Speaker 2: So we're going to start things off with round one, and these are Dallas Cowboys picks.
Speaker 3: Right, I gotta write these down, yep, write them down.
Speaker 2: Round one, Jackson Powers, Johnson center or offensive lineman. I guess I should say out Oregon is your first round pick, trying to bolster that offensive line. Round two, in this scenario, the linebacker out of Texas A and m Edgrin Cooper is your next man up. And then you've got in round number three, Trey Benson. Trey Benson, of course, the famed running back who played his final couple uh snaps with Florida State he was kind of all over the place with he before that was he with the Oregon previous, Yeah, Oregon previously. Then he transferred to Florida State, had a phenomenal season for the seminals.
Speaker 3: That is your first scenario.
Speaker 2: JPJ, followed by Edrin Cooper, Trey Benson, Oregon, Texas, A and M and Florida State altogether.
Speaker 3: Did you just break a Micael The mic.
Speaker 5: Is falling apart. That's like the pie that's falling off.
Speaker 3: Not to mess with it too much because Beamer will come in here and he'll fix.
Speaker 7: It like that.
Speaker 5: I've been trying to play it off, but I guess, I.
Speaker 4: Guess the microphone is not a Benson fans.
Speaker 5: It's made a scene since you start talking about these scenarios.
Speaker 3: Currently, the microphone wants segment number two. That's good. So here's here's choice number two out of that.
Speaker 2: First off, do you want to give thoughts on that first trio? Let's give it. Let's give some thoughts on the first trio.
Speaker 6: Yes, so you have round one Jackson powers Johnson. You're able to solidify up front in the interior there, I'm trying to do this while Typic you solidified the interior. There a really good run blocker as well, and you would have to think from a Cowboys perspective, it would be a replacement for Tyler Biadis for here to leave in free agency. The one thing that you don't have in this scenario is tackle help, So you would either have to get that in free agency or bring back Tyron Smith and hope for the same level or better health than you had this year. But you're able to get a linebacker that's really productive and can stop the run and playing coverage, and you're able to get a running back that was really productive for a really good team last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, if we're being honest, besides the fact that you're not touching, you're not getting a tackle early. This this is cooking with gas. In my opinion, this would be ideal on a whole other level to be able to get a runner that's also also too. I think if you pair him with another running back, he can do some things in the passing game. Runs with some ferocity. Edren Cooper, we know what he's capable of doing and how he can read and react. And then with Jackson power Shahnson, I mean probably to me at all the positions. When you look at every player in the draft, I think this might be the most balanced player period in his position specifically. So I'm all for this. This is this is candy if it happens.
Speaker 3: Easy money, right, easy money, all right.
Speaker 2: So that's a pretty good draft. I like it overall because I like what you can do upfront. I like the fact that you solidified the second level with a guy who has some versatility in Cooper.
Speaker 3: He can rush the pastor if you want him to. I think he would pair very nicely with the Barbie and Opra.
Speaker 5: I was about to say all that length tons of.
Speaker 3: Link at the second level. I think you've got a lot there.
Speaker 2: And then you get a solid bellcal esque running back in Tray Benson. So you really check boxes in this first one. The second one is a lot of fun too, though. Tyler Geiton is your first round pick. Offensive tackle out of Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: That is your second.
Speaker 2: That is the first pick of the second scenario, followed by Devandre Sweat, one of my favorite players in the entire draft. He's one of my pet cats. The defensive tackle out of Texas. Yes they do have Byron Murphy the second. Don't mix the two up. Because they're different players. Sweat six foot what four three and sixty pounds? Yes, I mean every bit a big time you force. Yes, a machine on the inside. I think he's if he's even there in round two, don't waste your time, make the pick and then you've got a run stuffer in the middle and then your third round pick. This is interesting because you're talking about value here as well. Brendan Rice, wide receiver from usc Interesting what you got going on there?
Speaker 3: What are you thinking out out of those three names, Guitton, Sweat, and Rice, you think they.
Speaker 5: Will attackle a wide receiver that if.
Speaker 6: He's on the board, that's that's the right Jerry Rice's son, that's.
Speaker 5: The right answer. With Brendan Rice. One of the first things that stood out to me, and he displayed it at the Senior ball as well. His hands are so strong, I mean the way that he's able to he snatches the ball out of the air. Just a physical player. I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind that. And as far as Tyler guyiten, I see a lot of don't kill me. I see a lot of Tyler Smith in this game. I see a lot of that that angry play and also to his anchor, just has that strength that you're looking for that I felt like Tyler had as well. Yeah, I wouldn't mind. I actually somebody posted on Twitter like the Tavandre sweat, think if he's there in the second round, and I posted the Wakanda.
Speaker 4: Forever with that question yeastely And.
Speaker 5: There's some people who disagreed, And I was very curious as to why anybody would be hesitating. Do you think it's often because maybe people have a bad taste in their mouth for some of the things that we've done with DT here the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's necessarily that, or if fans want different pace positions, you know, and that's probably something like tweet out his guys like if getting a defensive tackle in the second round, if you have a problem with that, why is the problem? Is it more so you see a need for a position elsewhere or is it the history of the tackles. I think if there's a really good d tackle that you feel like can stop the run in that second round and you can be confident that can come in early and play early, you're gonna need that. I mean, Jonathan Hankins is only getting older. If you bring him back in free agency, he's only getting older. I mean, he's talked to He released a YouTube video a couple days after the Green Bay Packers loss, and he said he's contemplated retirement the last two offseasons, but you know that he's going into this offseason ready to attack it again. He said he'd love to be a Dallas cowboy. You would have to think that he's back, But I mean, you have to start planning for the future at that position. It would not be a bad time to do it. It's a good d tackle class.
Speaker 2: So out of those two before I throw in the wild card? Out of those two, which one.
Speaker 3: Do you like? So far?
Speaker 2: Out of the two scenarios, and I'll tweet these out by the way, I'm gonna send them out there. You talked about the fans getting involved in the break. I'll tweet them out there and kind of see what they're going with. Oh, we've got film behind us being cooking something up, right, But yeah, we've we've got something going on with with these two scenarios.
Speaker 3: Because you're fixing both spots at this point.
Speaker 5: What's the wildcard?
Speaker 3: Well, I want to I want to hear your thoughts going into the wild card.
Speaker 4: It's too important thoughts going into the wildcard round.
Speaker 3: Don't give me that stop.
Speaker 5: I will cry on this show right now.
Speaker 4: Can we get a super wildcard like a fourth one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, or like a seventh seed.
Speaker 3: No, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: It is a super wildcard, Guiden.
Speaker 5: It has some flex, yes.
Speaker 4: You could say so. I'd like to keep it that tackle.
Speaker 5: Though, Okay, we know how people do the thing, because I think that would matter because you know Jackson powers. Johnson has Fleggs, Yes he does. So when you're comparing the two offensive lineman what we talked about this last week, what is the biggest thing that you want to address? Is it tackle or is it sinner?
Speaker 6: I think it depends on what happens in free agency. I think it's really dependent on that.
Speaker 4: And it's tough.
Speaker 3: You've gotten it's tough. You've gotten in trouble previously about oh, there's some footage Tyler gotten footage out there, Tyler guiding against Darius Robinson, edge rusher from a Missouri and as a handful. Yeah, he got around Hi pretty quick there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you're talking about position flex, you've gotten in trouble the last couple of years looking at position flex. I know Brian had brought that up previously. Does that stop you at.
Speaker 2: All from saying, Okay, Jackson powers. Johnson has some position flex, but I want him at center. Tyler Gotton is not a question. He's going to be a tackle. That's how it's gonna end up working.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do. I said it last week. I do think we should position flex shouldn't be a band aid. I mean it's it's nothing wrong with shoring up spots and guy's filling in and things like that, but I do think it is very difficult. Everyone's not gonna be able to take this information and to learn from it and be able to just plug and play and stuff like that. I mean, Tyler Smith and when he was able to do at tackle and guard is commendable, but it's not something I recommend for early development. I understand that like team other players have done it. They played guarf a little bit and then play tackling stuff. But I am at a place to where I think that we should be this year. Position Let's refine it, let's let you master it. So I say that to say that I worry about them looking at oh, he's flexible here, and then having them do all this different stuff. I would like for people to just be able to come in and play their spot. Yeah, I agree, That's how I feel.
Speaker 6: Now, what just know that there's a possibility out there in the multiverse that the Dallas Cowboys have three Tyler's on their offensive lines next season.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna cry. We can't get what is it? What is it about it?
Speaker 2: It's everybody, every good offensive lineman that plays in a Dallas Cowboys uniform has the first letter.
Speaker 3: Of their name being T. That's what it is. Yeah, Terrence Tyler, Tyrone Tyler, and Tyler Tyler.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask my friend.
Speaker 3: Ziffer Zach. Zach is pretty good about that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask my friend because at this point it feels like maybe even a subconscious thing they're doing and they don't even realize because baby have mercy, all right?
Speaker 3: So, which one do you like more?
Speaker 2: Jackie j Edrin Cooper, Trey Benson or Tyler Gotten Sweat and Brendan Warne Rice.
Speaker 3: Which one do you like?
Speaker 4: I'm taking the Jackson powers Johnson one.
Speaker 6: I'd love to be able to solidify the middle of bad offensive line with a guy that can be on a cheap contract or a rookie contract for the first four to five years and then be able to just sit and hone in on that center position. We see how valuable Travis Frederick was in this building for as long as he was here. You know, get a guy that can do hopefully similar things, and then you solidify that second level with Eddrian Cooper. You bring in a guy who's been durable, he's been productive. I was the one who kind of made this little scenario here. I was between Edrin Cooper and Peyton Wilson in the spot, but I wanted to get a guy that had health because I wanted the wild card to be the running back in the third round and being able to take Trade Benson there. I think you compare him with whatever you want to do. I think you can have a lot of different possibilities to do with Trade Benson. He could be that power back, or he can be kind of that secondary back. I think when you bring him in and bring him in through training camp, you kind of have that flexibility and you compare him with a free agent or with Tony Pollard and have some ability there.
Speaker 4: But that's that's the scenario I like before the Wild Guard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's hard for me because I do think you get some really a lot of upside from the guide into and Andre Sweat and Brendan Rice.
Speaker 2: I think that's your value trio. I think you're looking at those three guys and those are all value picks. Yes, Guidan is there, Sweat is there, Rice is there?
Speaker 3: You feel really good about those three the jpj Edrin Cooper, Tray Benson. That's a need fit if anything. I mean, you're taking three guys that you feel like can plug and play right now in those positions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what makes it difficult because I do I wholeheartedly feel like this center class is one of the better ones we've seen. Some of these interior guys are some of the better ones we've seen, and I don't want to pass up on that opportunity because center is one of those positions too. I feel like it's up and down what you get year to year specifically, and so when you do have a year where there's some good interior guys, you go get it, like you go get it because it's stabilizes your offensive line in a way that even a tackle can't. So I would definitely lean to the side of the Jackson Powers, Johnson, Adrian Cooper, Tray Benson. Although the guide Intovandre Sweat and Brendan Rice Trap, that would.
Speaker 3: Be these are vibes.
Speaker 5: I'd be happy it would be vibes. That's a good way to put it.
Speaker 4: That's a good way, all right.
Speaker 3: So here's the wild card. Okay, I've thrown this out there. We're gonna do it live US three.
Speaker 2: We were in the war room currently, we are going to draft live. Here's what happened at twenty four. Okay, you're no longer picking at twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay. The Baltimore Ravens got on the phone. They really liked a Marius Memes, the tackle out of Georgia, who is still available at twenty four. Hang up the phone, but please exactly. I think I would too. But we went ahead and we said we'll listen to your offer.
Speaker 2: Baltimore came in and they said, we're going to send you our third round pick, and we're also going to send you our fourth round pick.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of options there. Fifty six, so you.
Speaker 2: You now have to move down from twenty four to thirty, you go to you've still hold on to fifty six. You also have eighty seven, ninety three, and you pick up one thirty.
Speaker 3: Those are your your picks there. So you pick up two extra selections off of moving down from twenty four to thirty on your.
Speaker 4: Clock, and you get a fourth round pick that you don't have.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do it because also to I mean, we were at the shrine.
Speaker 3: You don't hang up the phone. You gotta listen.
Speaker 6: No, I'm hanging up the phone because it's an it's a maria because it's now. If they were calling and they're like, hey, you know we're looking at Kenyon Mitchell, that'd be a lot because he's somehow slid or Terry and Arnold and I'm like, okay, like go ahead, I'd listen. But if it's a tackle that's slipping, you're you're the one that's hopping on the phone with yourself. You got like a guy at the end of the table. It's like hey, yeah, like that's it's no, it's a move down six spots.
Speaker 3: You picked up ninety three and one thirty four.
Speaker 6: ID take a Marius Mems. But but let's let's look into the scenario here. So you slip down to thirty. Here are you taking it thirty?
Speaker 4: Is that the question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're taking a thirty? Who are you taking there?
Speaker 2: We've got the guys who went off the clock initially between Memes or these are the guys you missed out on. Marius Memes Georgia, Troy Franklin, wide receiver, Oregon, Ennis Rakestraw corner from Missouri, Jordan Morgan off the board at twenty seven tackle from Arizona. I think that's the guy you were hoping you can maybe still pick up at thirty. Kamari Lassiter corner from Georgia. And then Brayln Trice twenty nine to Detroit, Washington edge rusher for that one. So the names that you've got on the board, You've still got a quarterback there. Pennix is there, Byron Murphy is still there, Lad Mcconklely.
Speaker 3: Tyler Dydon is still available at thirty?
Speaker 4: Is grand Barton still there?
Speaker 3: Let's see Barton Barton, Barton, I don't see him here initially.
Speaker 4: If not, I'm taking Guidon.
Speaker 5: I'm about to say I'm totally okay with taking Dyiton there as well.
Speaker 3: Grand Barton is still available.
Speaker 4: I'm probably taking Grand.
Speaker 5: Barton because that center present. You gotta get it.
Speaker 3: You still got Grand Barton. You guys want to take Grand Barton, I'm going to take Grand Barton.
Speaker 5: So what you're doing, Who's hirer on your board right now? Who's hiring my board? Graham?
Speaker 3: So let's take Graham. Okay, the window dress, let's go Boom. Got it. So we not only picked up two extra selections, but we also still took a solid offensive lineman in the first round.
Speaker 5: Which is a huge deal though, because that not having a fourth round, and I'm very curious to see what they do to maybe address that before the draft, because not having a fourth just feels.
Speaker 4: So big, especially in this draft.
Speaker 5: Yeh, it's so much, so much. Mid round you pick.
Speaker 2: Up a different top one hundred, pick two, you pick up now, you pick at eighty seven and ninety three, and you've got a fourth round pick in the meat of this draft where you need to pick up linebackers. I mean, I think trade down scenario is already well looking pretty good. In the second round, picking at what is this fifty six fifty six Jatavian Sanders is there? Bryden Fisk from Florida State, Xavier Worthy from Texas, Edrin Cooper, A and m We talked about him the moment ago to Andre Sweat from Texas. Jairmy Trotter, linebacker from Clemson, still available. There any names that stick out there at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trotter and Cooper for sure. I'd probably go ahead and take Cooper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and take Cooper there. What would you take?
Speaker 5: Y'all know how I feel about.
Speaker 2: There're two different linebackers. One's got length in one purely does not, and that's Trotter. But you talk about I mean, film awareness, you talk about sideline, the sideline ability.
Speaker 3: Trotter's got a lot of that.
Speaker 4: Agree, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I would probably take Trotter there. I know that it's not pretty or it's not sexy, I guess you want to say. But at the same time, I said, you're taking Trotter, yes, because I just like his We need the Cowboys rather, they need somebody to be able to stand in there and rereact, be physical consistently. I know we talk about the length, but I mean I know that whatever. We haven't talked about it. But whoever comes in here from a defensive coordinators standpoint, may not be running as much Diamond Nickel. However, you do still have safeties who can do some of that stuff that you may be worried about. Lengthwise with Trotter than me, I'm like, yo, I just like his fire, I like the way he plays, and I like the way that Adrian plays. But I'm more Cooper jumps off to tape more than me. He did initially to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, being I think this is an interesting kind of predicament here because since we started draft talk, it's kind of almost a foregone conclusion at this point that the Cowboys fan base once.
Speaker 4: Offensive line in the first round.
Speaker 6: Yes, Is it starting to get to that point with a linebacker in the second round?
Speaker 3: Ooh, it's getting there.
Speaker 4: I feel like it is.
Speaker 6: You know, you look at the talent at the top of the board for linebackers, and that's where you're probably going to see a run in the late second round, early third round. If you want to go get a good one, you probably have to go get it at fifty six.
Speaker 3: I agree completely with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think by the time you get to those later rounds, these top guys are going to be gone. I do think there are some value some value guys like I don't want to butcher his name again. It's hard for me to say the gentleman that was here at the Shrinebold Darius Mussou Mussau. I do think he is actually probably gonna be rising up some people's boards. So from from UCLA, so when you look later down the board, yeah, the talent does drop off a bit. And I do think you're gonna address linebacker. You're gonna have to do it early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, Oh no, no, I didn't want to cut you off.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I do want to ask do y'all, but do y'all think that linebacker is something that you would have more? I mean, you got possibly a coach coming in four year next year, kind of still in that win now situation. Do you want to bring in another rook to help this or do you.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're if you're expecting Layton Vandersh to come back, no, okay, but I don't think anybody in this building is expecting Layton vander Esh to be what he was.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that that kind of answers my question in regard to Okay, so if you attack free agency to get a linebacker that can help you win. Now, does that change how you look at line as far as okay, I'm going to go get a guy early, as opposed to being okay with maybe finding a guy in the middle rounds, because if you're not looking for him to come in and be a difference maker right away, then maybe you're okay with third round maybe later.
Speaker 4: That's very valid. I think that's question this whole draft.
Speaker 3: Say the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to go get a veteran linebacker because they've done this in the past where they they fill holes. They fill these spots before you even get the draft weekend, and then you say, let's go best player available with a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a need thrown in there. Okay, So I think either way you're going to have a veteran linebacker already in the building whenever the draft comes around. If you don't, then I think the.
Speaker 2: Need is even heightened. Yeah, I think it gets to the point where it's your second third round. You've got to get somebody in those rounds just based off of a need standpoint.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I still think it is.
Speaker 5: That was a good question, Nick Well, a good comment in regard to what's happening with linebacker right now in the nation.
Speaker 3: We are going to take Jeremiah Troda out of Clemson as our second pick, just for the sake of being different since we already have a scenario with Cooper.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna take Trotter in the third round. You get to pick number eighty seven in the third round. Jacksonville's call them trying to trying to move up a couple picks on everybody that they like.
Speaker 3: Trade. They offered you one, fifty five and five and to go down for what.
Speaker 2: Is this nine spots. You go down nine spots, You're done trading. You take those, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Get two more picks to go along with what you've already got.
Speaker 6: I will say I think I think there's going to be a draft day trade for the Cowboys gun at some point.
Speaker 5: I definitely agree ei.
Speaker 6: There has to be. You look at the needs, especially depth needs as well. Pair that with kind of what you expect the twenty twenty three draft class to contribute next season. I think you got to pick up at least one more pick at some point along the way.
Speaker 4: So I'm not ruling it out.
Speaker 2: Right right now. We're going to pretend like we hung up the phone. We're going to draft at eighty seven. Okay, we've got Ardo Green Florida State. Leonard Taylor, the third out of Miami Nicks favorite player of all time, Rooque or a Orro from Clemson is still available in the third round. Johnny Wilson from Florida State, wide receiver, Christian Mahogany guard from Boston College who we saw have a nice week here at the Shrine Bowl. Or running backs like a night Blake Koram is right there, running back from Michigan.
Speaker 3: Would you take that? Would you just go ahead and put a turn in the card at that point?
Speaker 4: Is Bucky Irving still he is?
Speaker 3: I was just about to say his that I'm not going.
Speaker 6: To take Blake Korham here, and I would take Bucky Irving with what is that ninety three? I would try to take Bucky Irving with nineteen if he would wait, Yeah, And I would get a high value guy here.
Speaker 3: So who you're thinking high value.
Speaker 4: Best player available?
Speaker 6: I think you go get you know, a guy that can come in on either side of the ball and be able to contribute right away.
Speaker 2: The guy who they have listed as best player available right now is Rooque or orro followed by Leonard Taylor?
Speaker 4: Or is that your guy?
Speaker 3: That was pretty good?
Speaker 5: I need to go, I need to go. I wrote him down in my notes because Brian mentioned him last week. I keep hearing people mentioned his name. Tell me about him.
Speaker 3: Six foot four, two hundred and ninety five pounds. I mean, he's a top one hundred prospected defensive snaps last year, had four hundred defensive snaps, had five sacks, four hits, seventeen hurries from the inside.
Speaker 2: Really lined up in the B gap more than anything throughout his career. Was that that three technique at Clemson. Pretty good player overall. I think if you're talking about are you're talking inconsistencies with him? Is that the number one knock for him? He had really good games against some of the bigger opponents and then struggled against Georgia Tech, struggled against Florida State.
Speaker 6: My one thing with him is he's raw, okay, so it would probably take some developments. He's from Lagos, Nigeria. He came into Clemson as a big time length prospect. He would kind be an edge. He slid inside as he grew and filled out, so but he has that versatility as a result.
Speaker 4: So I mean it's kind of like.
Speaker 6: A I don't want to compare it to a villiam I Fojoko situation as far as being able to be inside and be outside. It's more so maybe a Ohsa Digizua situation. As far as being able to play turn in the car. Yeah, I think I am as well. Yeah, and you got the length, You've got the aggression. I think you want that in the interior if it if it takes a whole year to develop the guy, then you're okay with that.
Speaker 4: If you get another pick of ninety three, what do you think.
Speaker 5: This interior is going to look like? As far as I mean, I don't know what. I don't know what Nevill Gallimore's contract is like.
Speaker 3: He's a free agent.
Speaker 5: Chauncey.
Speaker 3: Chauncey's still here for another year. So is Osa. Okay, they were in the same draft, So I mean there's there's possibilities.
Speaker 5: Maybe you are looking towards Okay, yeah, maybe you are looking towards. I will say that a three tick is interesting to me.
Speaker 3: He's a smaller three tech though he's more of like an OSA. I don't want to compare Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna look at him in a night. Yeah, I'm gonna look at him at night.
Speaker 2: I'd say it's a good pick here, I really do, because you've already you've shared up your your offensive line, You've gotten a linebacker.
Speaker 3: Go get you a d tackle that you feel like you can get some value on. And you talk about length. Yeah, that's a big thing for him too.
Speaker 5: Pick was definitely appealing it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, do you think you would you rather try and risk it and see if he falls in ninety three?
Speaker 5: Risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: He may be there at ninety three too. Would it be a conversation? Uh? Or would you rather have Bucky Irving?
Speaker 4: Or are you talking abou Korum? Are talking about kur Bucky? Well, let's see, let's see what happens in ninety three years.
Speaker 3: So it's rouquet or or bang. We're at ninety three, Blake. Quorum is still available, and so is Bucky Irving. They're both there.
Speaker 6: I've been high on Quorum, but I'm starting to get higher on Irving the more that I dive into him. Wow, it's it's it's it's close for me. I'm taking either of them. I look at Jerry Jones and I say, hey, I like both of these guys.
Speaker 3: Your choice, all right, Jerry Jones, what are he taking? Oh?
Speaker 5: I was? I was about to say, I'm conflicted because some of the things I heard from players at the Shrine Bowl in regard to Korn made me be like, Okay, well maybe he can be a little bit more physical downhill, because I was that's my thing about him. It's like, you look at a lot of the things he does. He's elusive, he's shifty, he's he's evading tacklers and stuff. So I always worried about, Okay, how is he gonna do with having to possibly, you know, do some third down stuff and whatever the case may be. But hearing I heard multiple players talk about his physicality and feeling his presence. But Bucky Irvin just he's he's He's a fun player with his big, big playability, breakaway speed, he has finishing speed, He's decisive when he sees it, he just goes. I like his patience when he's waiting for things to progress. I like the player. I will go with Bucky. I will go with Bucky.
Speaker 3: Go with Bucky. Who do you feel like pairs better with Tony Pop out of Bucky or Blake.
Speaker 5: I would say Bucky because he can do He's is it because of the bill.
Speaker 4: A little bit more size?
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a little bit more size to me.
Speaker 2: The pick is Bucky Irving, Wow, running back out of Oregon. So your draft in this third scenario, the trade down scenario, Graham Barton, Jeremiah Trotter, junior Rookie or orro and Bucky Irving your four picks and you still have a fourth round pick coming up your way? Is that the best scenario overall?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think they're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 4: So do you you exchange?
Speaker 6: You exchange the possibility of getting Amarus Mems forgetting rook or or and whoever you.
Speaker 3: Would pick up in the fourth Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 6: You think Baltimore would give a third and a fourth to move up six spots.
Speaker 3: In the first round, it would be it would be tight.
Speaker 2: Gosh, on the trade chart, you win the trade based off of you definitely win the trade. Yeah, you win the trade based off in the trade chart. But if they have a guy that they why not go up.
Speaker 3: And get it?
Speaker 5: When is the last time we've seen something like that where you were like, they just liked this player, and you might have been like, now, what is going on here? But a team did some OUTLANDI stuff because they liked the players.
Speaker 3: The Raiders do it every year. I feel like every.
Speaker 6: Bears every other years, every other year. I'm telling you, whenevery nine ers. I loved Bryce Jawn coming out last year. But the Panthers giving up their first this year to go and grab him at number one, and that's all the building.
Speaker 2: I mean, you picked up Chauncey Golston, was your your pick. Whenever you traded back two spots in the twenty twenty one draft to pick up Michael Partsons, you dropped back Philadelphia traded up there, they went and got Devonte Smith, jumped in front of the Giants to do so. And then all of a sudden, you've got You've got a third round pick to move down two spots.
Speaker 3: I think it's possible you could get a.
Speaker 2: Third and a fourth out of moving down six spots later in the first round. I think you could get there fair. As long as you stay in the first round, I think you're okay. I don't want to drop out of the first to make something happen like that.
Speaker 5: I feel like the fifth round is gonna be a little nuts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Day three, early on Day three, we're gonna have fun on the show.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be shocked if they we talked about the scenario where Jacksonville calls in round two and there's multiple picks on the line.
Speaker 3: In Day three, I wouldn't be shocked at Dallas pulls a parachute there and moves down a couple spots.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: It would be interesting to see what happens because they probably need the draft capital and they can finagle their board to make it happen. We were able to do it here and it worked out in our favor.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back here on the Draft Show, it's time for some Twitter. On the twenty we're answering your Twitter questions.
Speaker 9: Next, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 1: The press down.
Speaker 4: Who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left. He'll love full a fresh down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up any stores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 11: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys. Driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothe King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzles, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 1: The Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller Lte a taste you can depend on.
Speaker 3: It's time out. For some, it's not working.
Speaker 2: It was like very briefly in the back sciate you guys, all right, yeah, let's right with time for some twitter on.
Speaker 3: To get He's a magician.
Speaker 2: All right, Brandon ask, can you guys talk about Iowa defensive back Cooper Dejon and his versatility? Could it be similar to Kyle Hamilton's at the NFL level? Plus he could he be a good fit for Dallas regardless of coordinator.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like Cooper de Gene. I don't know if it's a Gene Dejon, it's Gene. I believe it's a gene.
Speaker 3: I think he's French.
Speaker 6: Cooper Degene, Dejon Mustard or whatever it is. I like the versatility point. I think more so though you look at his size and what he's able to bring to that Iowa defensive backfield and kind of how he contributed. I think the versatility was more so what he was asked to do in the run game in the Big Ten, and he's really good at doing that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I talked about Tyler Neuban at Minnesota, another safety that I believe is one of the most elite run defenders you can look at for a safety prospect. Cooper de Gene is in that same kind of range, but I think brings more from a pass coverage standpoint as well, played with multiple schemes as well.
Speaker 4: There at Iowa.
Speaker 6: I mean, you look at that Iowa defense and what they have done the last few years, and they are the reason that they are able to stack ten win seasons and make bowl games because their offense is so putrid. But yeah, Cooper to Gene say it again, Yeah, Cooper de Gene, I think could be a first round type guy by when it's all said and done. But at the very latest, I think early second round pick could be in Cooper de Gene's future. He's fun, He's really fun. He can do both things well from a run and pass cover standpoint. His build, as far as versatility goes, I think the next level that probably wouldn't translate as much, but I would trust him and run and being able to stop the run. So like, if you want to go and grab and reach on a safety in the second round, if he somehow slips to fifty six, it wouldn't be the worst pick in the world, So you don't.
Speaker 5: So you wouldn't want him doing wait, first of all, so you wouldn't want him doing anything inside as far as defender.
Speaker 4: As a defender, I think he could do it all. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like the versatility is, I just don't know how well it would translate at the next level.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, because that's actually what stood out to me. This is a multi sport athlete as well, and you know we like those basketball, track, baseball. He did it all. You mentioned how much he is involved in the run game. I mean, he had one hundred and twenty tackles. I feel like he also too. He I like I wrote down that he's a strong tackler. The size is the size is. I think his size is pretty good man.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 5: I know that a lot of people might think that he's little on the smaller side, but I don't feel like he does. I feel like he plays big and how he does things and his his his change of direction is crazy. His hip turn and the way he flips his hips and changes direction and direction and drives is something that really stood out to me. He has a lot of explosion out of his backpedal. I like the player a lot. And to your point about Iowa, I mean I'm listening. I'm a hawk eyed person. All day, all day. You're right about their defense being the difference maker for them is specifically their secondary. They're well coached out there. You can see it, like because he also has some zone awareness, is good in zone as well to be such a young player in this game, So yeah, I would I like Cooper.
Speaker 2: By the way, based off of the Iowa Athletic Department website, the pronunciation is Cooper Degene Gene Degene, so it's degene like you've got a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a j in there, but you kind of roll over super gene.
Speaker 5: Does the injury matter to you at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, medicals are so tough. Let me let me let me backtrack. Medicals are so tough. Let me know what happens after combine tracking. Yeah, I just want That's how I feel about all these guys that have medical concerns.
Speaker 4: Let me know.
Speaker 5: And also too, I mean, he has some special team's ability as a returner. I don't don't know how often you want I'm doing that, but he does have that ability. He's shown he's shown that he can do that and be and be a what's the word, I'm looking for, a weapon effective? Yeah, he's a weapon well, you got it. My brain turned off.
Speaker 3: All right. Vincent asked, I love this question.
Speaker 2: Who is the Tyler Smith of this draft, the offensive lineman that is off our radars at the moment, and we'll have everyone freaking out when we quote unquote reach for him.
Speaker 3: At twenty four.
Speaker 2: I think that's a phenomenal question because it's not just Tyler Smith. That happened with Zach Martin, had happened with Tyler Frederick, It happened with a lot of players. I mean, they know how to draft offensive lineman across the hallway. So even though we've got these other names highly vaulted and how we've put them at the top of the list, there are gonna be some other names that are.
Speaker 3: Available later on.
Speaker 6: There's two guys that I have second round grades on that I just like, I'm not necessarily saying the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: A second or on Tyler Smith as well.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: I'm not necessarily saying that the Cowboys would reach in the second round or reach at twenty four to for of these two guys. But these two guys kind of give me those similar vibes. Christian Haynes at yukon the Guard, we talked about last week. He showed that dog last week and he's meant.
Speaker 4: He's good. He plays guard, he could play center.
Speaker 3: Five school, nonpower five school.
Speaker 6: There you go, there you go. Yeah, it just kind of falls in line. And then Patrick Paul out of Houston. I have a later second round grade on him, but he's so massive six foot seven.
Speaker 4: Length is unreal.
Speaker 6: I think it was an eighty four inch wing span that he had at them or not a combine at Senior Bowl, and he had a really good week at Senior Bowl. I know we've talked about Patrick Paul a little bit here on this show and the inconsistency. Maybe there's a little bit of mobility concerns, but man, he looked really good at Sceener Bowl.
Speaker 4: I had to give him that.
Speaker 6: He wasn't the best tackling attendance, but he was better than I expected him to be there.
Speaker 3: I remember correctly. Tyler Smith also showed out in the All Star games. I can't remember which.
Speaker 2: One he was in specifically, it might have been No, it wasn't Seniable because he came out as a young so it wasn't an All Star game.
Speaker 4: What did he show out in I'll let me look, maybe combine.
Speaker 3: It might have been a combine team.
Speaker 2: It was something that he sparked that conversation even more so, maybe it was a combine or proda. But I mean he also was just an athletic freak coming out of school, so you kind of knew that was coming.
Speaker 3: I like that though. Those were two good names.
Speaker 2: It's hard anybody else on your radar or off your radar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's not a say it, who is it?
Speaker 4: It didn't have to be to be a left tackle take street off its alignman.
Speaker 5: Nope, I hope I say his name correctly. Uh, Talise, I got us.
Speaker 4: I got us on this one.
Speaker 5: Talis Telise Fare, right tackle, Oregon State.
Speaker 8: YO.
Speaker 5: Have mercy when I tell you this, gentleman is when I say, you say moving people out the way? Yeah, I mean it. He plays like he takes you touching his quarterback personally, which you should, but he feels like he takes your real personal like he doesn't like I wrote down. He's very aware and active, strong andly blocking downfield and down blocking. He can get off combos and get upfield to the defender, to the second level. The movement is just crazy. The footwork is so good. He has fantastic balance and the footwork allows him to keep the defender in front of him. He has a steady anchor. He doesn't have a lot of wasted movement in his game. He's very refined to be as young as he is to me, I mean, and he's obviously he's played a good amount of foo football. He pops out of his stance. I just I like the player. If you want a toe setting offensive lineman that's going to come in there and mall guys in the run game, but also too, he can stay in front of guys in the passing game. This is a player dog like. I think people should keep him on their radar. He's the right tackle, so I mean, I don't think the Cowboys are interested in the right tackle. However, whoever gets him, it's about to get a player, my friend.
Speaker 6: I've been kind of working on a first round mock draft that I have about ninety percent complete.
Speaker 4: I have him going tenth over all of the Jets.
Speaker 7: Ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He I was going to say.
Speaker 2: The only freak out that would happen from Cowboys Nation is if one he fell, and two if they traded all the draft capital to drow up and get him inside the top.
Speaker 4: Fifty that would be a reach.
Speaker 5: So he's heavy, so he's he's known, he is no okay, so I have another guy then that's the right tackle, Okay. Travis Glover.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't want to I don't want to shame you for your your your scattering report there, because.
Speaker 3: You're spot on with the dude. Absolutely a phenomenon.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I thought like, well, because it's Oregon State, so I in my mind I thought like maybe he would be under the radar. But other gentlemen that I saw that definitely has some flex as well. Travis Glover. He was at the Senior Bowl, if I'm not mistaken. Georgia State. Georgia. Yeah, Georgia State. He's sixty six, three hundred and twenty seven pounds. It's about three thirty give you take. I don't listen. You know all these mixed reviews on those size and stuff. He played tackle most of his career besides the latter part of his career he got kicked to guard, so he definitely still needs some refining there. But again he was steadied there and that shows some of his versatility as well. He got an invite to the Senior Bowl because of an injury to another tackling. He just made the best out of it. He shuffles at times. He could be more consistent with his striking and he but he can keep rushers at bay with his balance and his length. He he has suitable play strength. It's it's it's it's more. It's beyond average. Definitely, he could put on more strength. He picks up second level defenders in the run game and he's able to shed. Oh if he can get his feet to mary his hands. Yeah, this is this could be a guy that could be a steady part of an offensive line. And I think he does have great awareness when it comes to blitz it's stunt pickups. I think a lot of that comes because he isn't used to playing in the phone book phone booth. He's used to being on the outside and he's having to read and things like that. I like the player. He ain't afraid to tussle. He had five year five year starter. He has a lot of experience. I think he could go under the radar a little bit. And because he is he did go to a smaller school. But he's definitely somebody to keep an eye on and see how I see how people respond to him.
Speaker 6: Man, you look at the sun Belt, the conference at Georgia State is in. You see the development that they've been putting out the last few years. I'm starting to trust the Trench sun Belt guys.
Speaker 3: What was his name? One more time?
Speaker 5: Name is Travis Glover?
Speaker 3: Travis.
Speaker 5: He's a pretty big human, very nice.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to watch him later on. You you who was the offensive lineman that you picked up early last year that was like off of the radar. It was the NC State? Oh yeah, what was his name?
Speaker 5: But he was a good player coming out there. He's just debt with some injuries. And we'll see. I know who you don't. I'm not You are not about to get me fired?
Speaker 3: Well, I would never. All right, one last one. We'll try and sneak this in.
Speaker 2: Does the uncertainty and late to the game approach with the defensive staff put Dallas behind in the draft process?
Speaker 3: Based off of what you know about how things are run around here, Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked about this last week on the show.
Speaker 6: There's an organizational structure I think in the scouting department as far as what they're looking for on both sides of the ball. I think there's a need on this team. Objectively, I think any coordinator that would come in will tell you the same thing. There's a need right down the spine of the defense. You got to get defensive interior help, you gotta get linebacker help. You got to get some safety help at some point as well, and you probably need some corner depth. So I don't think there's maybe from a schematic standpoint, you know, whenever our coordinator comes in, he might prefer one guy over the other. But the scouting department's job is to look at the entire board, look at every single option, understand what each prospect does better and what scheme, what situations they do better in, and then have that ready for whoever's making the decisions up top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think there's some good foundational pieces here that I think any decordinator would be cool with coming in and having to build off of. I don't listen, my anxiety, don't like it. I ain't even gonna hold you like. I'm like, hey, hurry this up so we can know what's going on. But to your point, Nick, you know, do these folks have a way of doing things. They have a way of how they operate. But it does make me, It gives me anxiety as a person having to wait for it. But I'm sure they don't. I'm sure they're not pressed like we are.
Speaker 3: No, they've got all year to research these guys. They are going to present the players.
Speaker 2: Either way, we might talk if we know on Thursday who the defensive coordinator is, we'll talk about what type of players they like, who you look into, So on Thursday show we might dive in a little bit more on that. All right, when we come back, we're gonna review the Senior Bowl as the National team takes down the American team sixteen to seven. There were some ups, there were some downs, but really the great week of practice down in Mobile.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it when we come back right after this.
Speaker 7: Hi, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure at Laser Care I Center. We offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 7: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hoo hut.
Speaker 11: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: How they snapped the Prescott who looks right, It's not there.
Speaker 1: He escaped flapped. He'll look for a prestown.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: Hi, I'm Danny mccraie, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new dicking and flavors. Dig into it, cool I Sai or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzlers. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to much. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Boys back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller lt A taste you can depend on, So we welcome you back in. Nick Harris, Ayisha Morrison, Chris Beam in the back here on this Tuesday, seventy nine days away from the NFL Draft, we've got Brian, Bobby, and Zach all doing their thing having the conversations necessary out at Radio Row.
Speaker 3: On one O five three the Fan.
Speaker 2: You can listen to them throughout the day on the Cowboys flagship station. But we've got to talk about the Senior Bowl mobile Alabama playing host of the Senior Bowl where the National team took down the American team sixteen to seven in the twenty twenty four event at Hancock Whitney Stadium.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about it. It's always a week long process.
Speaker 2: It's a week long job interview ultimately for these guys that are going out there, and the three days of practice are significant to their draft stock, significant to how coaches and scouts and personnel learn these players both inside and out.
Speaker 3: How does the game affect things? Nick? I know it wasn't really a great product because a lot of the top names in the event dropped out at the last minute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's what makes the game tough from evaluation standpoint, because you look at the practices throughout the week and you're hoping to see certain guys on opposite teams line up against each other in the game, for example, like a Jackson powers Johnson versus Defandre Sweat. We weren't able to see that. There were a lot of guys that pulled out late from the game, and so that kind of waters down what the game brings from a evaluation standpoint and a scouting standpoint. So you look at top performers from the game, you look at Spencer Radler. You know, it kind of opens up an opportunity for these quarterbacks for sure, because the quarterbacks stick around because the game is their bigger, biggest proving opportunity. But you look at the other position groups. If I mean, it makes sense if I'm going in as a you know, potential second round pick into Senior Bowl week, I have a great week of practice, people are talking about me as a late first round guy. Now I'm shutting it down, like it makes sense. The agents get on the phone, they're like, hey man, your hamstring hurt's get off the field. So I mean, it's it's it's what happens. And you can't blame them. I mean, this is a business. This is their business too. I don't blame it one bit, but it just it does kind of make the game a little bit more water down. From that standpoint, it gives other guys opportunities to shine, and certainly there were a couple of guys that did that we'll dive into. But yeah, definitely it's not what the Senior Bowl probably was ten to fifteen years ago.
Speaker 4: From that standpoint, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I guess, you know, I always bounce back questions, how what is the way to maybe counter that you can do?
Speaker 6: The way draft coverages right now and as much draft media is now in mobile for this event, I mean, there's talk and buzz every single hour, every single day. And so whenever buzz is really rising about a certain guy and he's like, Okay, this guy is going to bridge into first round territory. Now you see that, you understand that hype, and you understand the reputable voice as it comes from and you pull out. You didn't have that ten fifteen years ago. Ten fifteen years ago, there wasn't as there wasn't nearly as much media. I think Chris Bean could speak to it in the back. There wasn't nearly as much media as as there is these days. So you know, you didn't really know what your stock looked like until after the week was done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely got more value from the practices and watching all that stuff than watching the game.
Speaker 2: That practice film is gold because it's good on good. You talked about it last week. I mean that's huge stuff. But based off of what you did see in the game, did anybody see their stock rise?
Speaker 3: And we could say it as a week as a whole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll talk about the game specifically, because we talked about the practice quite a bit last week when I was here. I'll talk about the game specifically. At least two guys that really improve their stock. I want to start with Spencer Radler went for four sixty five yards in a touchdown. It was a well placed ball in the touchdown pass as well. I'm really proud of Spencer Ratler.
Speaker 4: I don't know the guy.
Speaker 6: I don't have any personal attachment to the guy, but I am proud of that he went into that was that twenty twenty one season and he was projected by everybody to be the number one overall pick going into that twenty twenty two draft, and it was like, Okay, this is the next great Oklahoma quarterback. You had Baker Mayfield, you had Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts now at Spencer Radler, it's his time. It's the one that Lincoln Riley has actually developed in his time there. This guy's gonna be phenomenal, right because the previous three were transfers. And then he has a first five six games it's up and down. And then Caleb Williams takes his job in the middle of the season in the Texas game and people forget about Spencer Radler getting dogged. He transfers to South Carolina, has two really good seasons at South Carolina. This last year really strong as well, and then he goes into the Senior Bowl. He's showing what he can do. He's gonna end up a fourth round pick. I believe had a great week and I think he was the most consistent quarterback there in a game that had Bo Nicks out of Oregon, Michael Pennocks out of Washington, Sam Hartman out of Notre Dame, and then another guy that I think really improved their stock during the game specifically is a Washington State corner slash Nickels slash safety.
Speaker 4: I think you can do a lot of things with him.
Speaker 6: Choe Smith Wade, who's actually training here in Dallas during the draft process. He had a big interception return off of Joe Milton, the quarterback out of Tennessee.
Speaker 4: He had a really good week too. He stood out to me.
Speaker 6: He had one rep early in the week where he got put on his backside on a quick move. I forgot who was the receiver on that rep. But ever since that first rep that he took where that happened, every single rep after that was strong. I really like the week that Choe smuth Wade put together. He's a guy that I really liked coming out of the game too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Travis Glover at the right tackle. I mentioned earlier he had some serious pancakes at the second level in the Senior Bowl. I think he did rise his stock as well. I want to mention running back Imani Bailey out of TCU. I felt like his stock went up this week. One of the more consistent players of the week. I think he's his own scheme fit number one. He's a very patient runner. It's a gift in a curse. Sometimes times I do think he could be a little bit more. But that's what I was looking for this week, is can he just see it and go? Because when you look at his tape sometimes he displays a lot of I said, he's very cutty and dancy. I know there's not those aren't real football words, but who gears and so I wanted to see if he had that that burst when he saw when he saw the whole and he saw it open up. I think he showed that in the game and through practice. He can make people miss in the open field and coming out of the backfield. But he's not a burner, but he can attack the edge very effectively as well. I like his vision in the open field and you can see it in the screen game. I like I like the prayer. He has size and pass pro. He's not a punishing every down back, but he always falls forward and you know that pisces people off and I like that. So so yeah, he plays with a lot of wiggle. I think we could see him maybe be one of the guys that they have here on Dallas Day. We know how important Dallas Day is for the draft and for this team specifically. Not a lot of running backs have been standing out like crazy to me as of late, but he was one of the guys that I thought had a good week this week.
Speaker 2: Yes, for sure, I'm going to go and throw a name out there, somebody who actually caught by Bailey from behind in this How about defensive tackle from Florida State, Brandon Fisk. All week long he was on the American roster, he was having a good week of practice, he was standing out, he was doing some things, put together some good film.
Speaker 3: Then the morning of the Senior Bowl, he gets a call from Jim Naggy and says, hey, Bud, the national team needs a lift.
Speaker 2: They don't have enough defensive lineman. Can you flip squads for the game? He said absolutely. Then he comes out there and he has four tackles of tackle and a half for loss. And he comes out and he makes He had a half a sack as well, and then had a pressure to force an incomplete pass in one game for a team that he didn't practice with, a team that he practiced with on the other side of the ball, and then had a phenomenal week altogether. I thought he was a really fun watch. I thought he was a really fun story. At the end of it, he was the first player ever to flip sides midway through the week at the Senior Bowl for the game, so made a little bit of history.
Speaker 3: There and he showed out in doing so.
Speaker 6: A couple of notes about both of you guys. I'll start with Amani Bailey, Denton Ryan High School. You mentioned Dallas Day. He would most likely be a part of that. But that's something also interesting about Amany Bailey. And this is what I really liked out of Kendre Miller coming out of the draft last year. I think that ACL injury really hurt him, though he didn't have the production in his rookie season that I would have expected for him to have with the Saints coming out as a running back out of TCU last year. Position coach coaching running backs for the tc Hornfrogs. Anthony Jones junior coached Tony Pollard at Memphis. You kind of see where the development has gone with Anthony Jones and the backs that he's been able to produce year in a year out. There's another Memphis back that performed well in the league recently that I can't think off the top of my head for some reason.
Speaker 3: Keep going, yeah, I'm blinking to.
Speaker 6: The point on Brandon Fiskey. Uh, Western Michigan was his previous school. And you look at Marshawn Neeland, who's a potential second round edge rusher out of Western Michigan. Look at that Western Michigan defensive line development. I'd love to see that. I just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 3: D Angela Williams maybe more recent than that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, is Fiskey if I've been calling it Fiskey?
Speaker 3: So Kenneth Gainwell, is it?
Speaker 2: Kenneth Ganwell, Antonio Gibson, yep, and Darryl Henderson. I mean that's I mean there, They've got a ton.
Speaker 3: Of guys out there. Memphis has been running backs. That's r b U right now.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Yeah, wait, r b U, R b oh listen. I one of my favorite things about Brandon Brandon Fiskey is how he attacks lineman lineman lineman's hands. He's very fast off the ball, but dog, he's swatting at people's hands. He has a few rip moves. I just I was and then the balance he has long arms. I was surprised by him. I was surprised by him the first two times I seen him come off the ball and just how quick he came off the ball. But I just love how he attacks their hands, and I think that's important for a guy his size as well. So yeah, we'll keep it. I'm gonna go watch him a little bit more.
Speaker 2: He had a really good year for that Florida State defensive front. And if we're being completely honest, of course, like the storyline with Florida State at.
Speaker 3: The end of this year was the fact that they went undefeated were left out of the College Football Playoff. It wasn't the defense's fault. That defense.
Speaker 5: They got some players I was studying something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna produce a lot of NFL talent off of that defense.
Speaker 2: So it was really that was an elite level defense and just the offense couldn't.
Speaker 3: Overcome some of their injuries at the end of the year to really get there. But enjoy it, everybody. We've got a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Thursday, we'll be back eleven a m. Central time to break down a little bit more of the film that we've got.
Speaker 3: We may even give a call out.
Speaker 2: To Radio Row on Thursday and check in with Brian and Zach and Bobby and see who's available for those because.
Speaker 4: They certainly won't be having a good time without us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we got to be a part of it, so we may give them a call on Thursday. As well, but hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. We will be back Thursday with more of the draft show for Chris Beam, Nick Harris, Aisha Morrison.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from the Star and Frisco. We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.