Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts.
Speaker 1: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross Its stirsday one week, seven days from the twenty twenty five NFL Drive a lot.
Speaker 3: Look at the Tostitos Championship Plaza outside in front of the Ford Center where it is currently eighty degrees. Beautiful weather. Beautiful weather, nice little windy breeze to its amazing high eighty five degrees. This is Nate Newton. That is three pumps. Did you go to the concert? We'll get to that in the back keeping us live and local Chris Beam Shan is not here today. He's out. Who knows what he's doing, frolicking in the blue bonnets. Frolicking in the blue bonnets. I am salt and pepper poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys, the sports talking quivalent. The broil people fee when we speak. He's watching the old Seahawks and cowboysmble. The snap kicking enough. Uh you know the concert, the A C D C. I did not you didn't go.
Speaker 5: I actually looked at tickets. There just too much, too.
Speaker 3: Much, you know, getting out on a Monday night.
Speaker 5: I'm just told getting out on a Monday night.
Speaker 3: All right, this show has brought you back. Oh, this show is brought to you by Wing Stop Flavor gets hits. You got about that, forgot about that, forgot about It's important, very important, very important. Wings are good. They got that hot honey. Yeah, that hot honey is something serious. I can I can eat thirty of those hot honeys. Man flats fry hard. What's up?
Speaker 6: Nate? You good? Oh man, I'm great, I'm great.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're doing well? Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: Over there, good over there, that's feeling.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to make sure I'm in my box. I don't want Chris and the upper management coming at me.
Speaker 6: Back this box, man box to them, get out your box.
Speaker 3: You been traveling lately?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, just this local man. Nothing big nothing, big man and big all right.
Speaker 3: Uh, I guess I don't know if it's big news. It is big news sad news. Another Dallas cowboy great retired yesterday. Tyron Smith, after thirteen NFL seasons twelve with the Cowboys, finally called it quits. He had his his presser upstairs. All the offensive linemen were there, teammates were there, Michael was there, Garrett was there, of course.
Speaker 6: Jason Jason Garrett was there. Garrett was there, Nate.
Speaker 3: Where does Tyron Smith land in the pantheon of Cowboys offensive line legacy?
Speaker 6: I think top five guy, top five yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: For tackles, you know, the Big Cat and all of them guys. Yeah, he he a top five. I don't think it's what Larry Allen, I can't think of the All Pro Hall of Famer just passed ray Phield.
Speaker 6: Right, it ain't been.
Speaker 7: It ain't been that many great I think tackles.
Speaker 3: So you're saying top five tackles, but not top five offensive linemen.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, he probably he probably top five, top six, Yeah, yeah, easily, yeah he he. He did his thing, man, you know, because you gotta put Zach and there, you know, Larry Allen, ray Phield, uh Nalan, Yeah, there's there's some horses in the big ee for a short impact.
Speaker 6: He turned down here. He was part of the culture built and building up the nineties team. So it's a.
Speaker 7: Few guys and it ain't it ain't a lot that I get some love to.
Speaker 3: Now, Kurt, that makes that's the second of that great that second coming of the great wall that the Cowboys had in the twenty I guess, I guess what do you call it? Twenty ten, twenty twenties of that area. We had Zach Martin do his retirement a couple of weeks ago and now Tying doing his yesterday one. And I know that Jerry said it, Uh, do you think that they go into the Ring of Honor at the same time? And do you think both of them? This is key? Do you think both of them our first ballot Hall of Famers in five years?
Speaker 5: I think that you have to put them in together the Ring of Honor? Right, I mean, I don't think Jerry would want to give one, you know, preference some of the other, So I think that's a given. But yeah, it's hard to say with the Hall of Fame, you know, could are they worthy of being first balloters? I think so? But I mean there's so many other great guys. Are they going to add two Cowboys in one class? You know, there's there's a backlog of guys. You know, Nick has talked about it. I think it was Nick or Mickey, one of those guys I've talked about. You know, the committee has said, you know, we've there's so much, such a backlog that they're trying to cut back on the first balloders unless there's a really, really really strong case whether the guys have.
Speaker 6: You know, it's so sad, my friends, is if these people would.
Speaker 7: Do their jobs, it should never be a such thing as a backlog of Hall of Famers.
Speaker 6: You either that or you're not.
Speaker 7: You know, each year you come up, somebody presents you, somebody states your case while you should be there.
Speaker 6: You're either good at and.
Speaker 7: You know, even here with the Cowboys, you can put a bunch of guys into.
Speaker 6: Top this and top that. But I'm not finish. It ain't a four or five guy.
Speaker 7: When I go to thinking of offensive lineman for the Dallas, Larry Allen just right, Rayfield right off the bat, John Knoller right off the bat, Big Eve right off the now. Now everybody else is subject to whatever game you want to play. That's simple, and this should be that. It's as simple as.
Speaker 6: The Hall of Fame. You know who the dogs were.
Speaker 7: Now you may categorize who in the eighties, who was in the nineties, who was in the in the.
Speaker 6: So on so forth, But.
Speaker 7: No, it ain't No, Just like Dion said, it is getting to the point now where you got some pure hall of famers where.
Speaker 6: He's like, hey, if a guy, wow you he's a Hall of famer.
Speaker 7: If you got to go and say, well, tell, let's go to looking up like nine hundred thousand stats to make sure this ain't an analytical did you know what I'm saying? Go extra players? R. H. Rayphiel Wright played in his era, his ten twelve years, from when he was a rookie to maybe his tenth year. Nobody wanted to wanted to mess with him. Nobody wanted to mess with him, mister Green for the stealers to this day, to this day, you can ask people, man, it wasn't those stealers defense if it wasn't.
Speaker 6: For him, you know, so, man, I hate that, you.
Speaker 3: Know as as because of course I was. I was a teammate of tyrants. And when you think about tying, the first thing that comes to your mind is just the size of the human being. Yes, right, Like he's this mammoth of mammoth of a main right and one of the first people I've seen where six foot six, six foot seven, six foot eight, He's in that range three hundred and twenty five thirty pounds and I'd never seen anybody that size. Never When he took off his shirt, he had a six pack at three hundred and thirty pounds. It was one of the things, like I was like, and so like you you the joy of being in this league is you get to see some of the most freakish things happen, and some of the most freakish people do it. And then it was you go into practice and you have this this young stud left tackle and at that time you had all world DeMarcus ware, so to watch like it was and very few times do you have practices kind of stop down to watch offensive linemen defensive lineman kind of go at one another, you know what I mean. Like it had to be one of those moments where you wanted to go see it right like, and that's what it was. At times where you get to sometimes you get to those one on ones that they were doing, or you get to some of those nine on sevens, and you just you kind of you potht be overhit Pananga, but you you you picking on that other field, like let me see these two young let me let me see these young fella you know. And I heard I heard DeMarcus Ware say this yesterday. He said. He said they were practicing one time to walk through and he was coming off the edge whatever he said, and one time tiring just with his hands so big. I said, when I say punch him, I don't mean close fists, I mean punch. DeMarcus said he tyron punched him and he told him, he said, he said, he said, he stopped him like in his tracks. And De Mark told me, he said, if you ever hit me like that again, yeah, he said, if you ever hit me like yeah again and walked through, we're gonna have some problems. And he was like that, that's just kind of the kind of strengthen the power, you know, that tyron he just had. He was a he was a.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there some like a I don't know, a young guy or practice squad player or something. Said the tyron dislocated his shoulder. Just I'm just from the punch.
Speaker 3: I remember, like I remember Orlando Scandrick one time coming off like a cat blitz, you know, off the edge and Tyron kind of head was inside and then got back outside late and I know that Skeandrick thought I got him, like I'm going to get this sack. And when Tyron looked back out and he boom, And I've never seen a dude just one hand punch another grown man, and I came off like knocked him out the way. And it was like when we watched that on film, it was like, oh, this is and you just knew that he was going to be that level of player. But let me ask you guys this. You hear Zach Martin's name, you hear Tyron Smith's name. It goes back to the conversation we had about a month and a half ago. Another cowboy great goes out without saying that he won a Super Bowl, and that list, that list gets a long. I mean, you start talking about the names that we're we're you know, whether they were drafted here or brought here. It's another one of those names that go on the list of guys who we talk about Ring of Honor guys, guys who potentially be Hall of Fame guys. And these guys are leaving here with with none of the hardware, and a lot of these guys we talk about played together Marcus where uh you know Tyrone and and Zach and and uh and Jason Whitton and Tony Romo and Frederickson. I mean, you name the names of players who we talk about in the league who you can't tell the league story at these certain time frames without those players being being on it were Dallas Cowboys and did not hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. I mean, it's how does that happen? I mean, all these great players come through and they even come close.
Speaker 3: This guy, I can't relate.
Speaker 7: Because got the first five or six years, you know, we but you know what, I can't because we didn't have great players. We didn't have we had older players from the vast regime and they were great players.
Speaker 6: But my live, that little.
Speaker 7: Five year window we we weren't considered great players and and so and then we did get those great players. It has to be player coaches, upper management coaching. This winning the Super Bowl is truly from top to bottom with luck.
Speaker 6: Truly top to bottom with luck. You know, it's not the bad management. It is not the bad coaching.
Speaker 7: It's not the bad players because you had all three clicking at the same time. Sometimes it just could be Michael Jordan can just be lurking. You know, I called them Michael Jordan theory. Who were you going against in your division? Who were you going against if you made it to a super Bowl? You know, like for a minute, Kansas City was Michael Jordan. Right now Philadelphia is Michael Jordan.
Speaker 6: And so you need some luck. You need for everybody to be healthy.
Speaker 7: You don't need to run into the Patriots after you don't had a thirteen win season. You know that that last game to knock your confidence a little bit to take you into the playoffs and for this is rocking and somebody upset you.
Speaker 3: You feel like you had luck in the nineties.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I remember one year we played like eight backup quarterbacks when our way to the Super Bowl, and everybody like, we're like, okay, I let me go get that ring out that the positive. They don't say eight backup quarterbacks, say.
Speaker 6: Super Bowl champions. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you need some luck, and you need health and and and and I'm with you. Jesse would say a lot about mister Jones when I dropped my head.
Speaker 6: But one thing I.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna drop my head when you.
Speaker 6: Say I'll do anything if I may.
Speaker 7: I know you ain't know you won't because I remember bone Ball, where you went and got Dyonne. I remember when you went and got Charles Hayden. I remember when you at all costs. So I don't want to hit out one. That's one time when I'm like, you're right, Yes, I've been here. When when when this son used to be like, hey, Daddy, we're gonna vote daddy. They used to vote Daddy, used to say go get the player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: This current roster. We'll look back in a couple of years, and you know, if if five ten years, whatever it may be, if the Good Lord decides to keep us on this earth that long, we'll be able to talk about it. But we'll either say Michael Parson was one of the people who got the drought ended. You know, Dak Prescott was one of the guys who got the drought ended. Ceedee Land, one of those greats who got the drought ended. Tyler Tyler Smith, who is trending to be another one of those great offensive linemen. Uh, you know, in the line of great offensive line and the Cowboy history was a part of ending the drought. I hope, I hope that's the conversation, because this thirty year drought since you guys were able to do it, is very long and very tiring.
Speaker 7: I talked to Micah, was talking to Michael me and johns Hell. He was doing his radio show, Mike's radio show. Even though you haven't invited me on your podcast, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: You have one of the most you have one of.
Speaker 7: The most other moonlight jobs several moonlight I.
Speaker 3: Heard that, right, hurt, so I ain't going on.
Speaker 6: I give you some.
Speaker 7: But now, and and everybody talking about drafting this player, drafting that player, and something Mike said, and I went back.
Speaker 6: I thought about it. It bothered me all night.
Speaker 7: Mike said, you can draft the lineman, you can draft this, you can draft that.
Speaker 6: He say, draft a player that brings hope.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Interesting, and I'm like, and I.
Speaker 7: Went to thinking it didn't show right away. But Michael Irving when he came here as a as a.
Speaker 6: Rookie, his hope was unreal.
Speaker 7: And when Troy all of a sudden, they boys, I mean Mike could touch everybody.
Speaker 6: We need a player that can bring hope. Mike.
Speaker 7: Mike said something there when you can bring a player that when you see this player, you can come over to the Cowboys center back in Valie Ranch one o'clock at night, you can forget something.
Speaker 6: I'm going over there and you just see somebody out there running. It be Mike.
Speaker 7: You go the next day and you hear a big commotion out there on the field. It's Mike. So you never questioned. Now you you can question a lot of things about Mike, but never his work.
Speaker 6: Ask He always had time to talk football. Hey Mike, what do you think about this? He often running?
Speaker 7: Who is that guy that they either can draft or is he already on his team just waiting to be unlocked.
Speaker 6: Who is that hope guy?
Speaker 5: We need hope that we're working on a documentary about the Dirty Dozen all talked about the same thing. That group had such hope, came in so passionate that they basically woke up the veterans and got them. Yes, they brought them to their level of intensity and practice work.
Speaker 7: I think, and tell us who they are?
Speaker 3: He went the whole list.
Speaker 6: It's just a few.
Speaker 5: Randy White's the main he is the first pick. Tommy Hollywood, Henderson was on there, Bob running herb Scott was off. I mean, it was a great group of guys, but they came in with such energy and such hope. They literally brought the old timers like Leroy Jordan and some of those other you know ye brought them up to speed. They went from not being a playoff team in seventy four to reaching the Super Bowl the next year with a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of I'm telling you, jes let's let's let's go to break old that thought. Let's go to break When we come back, we'll talk more about that hope. We'll also talk about hope and Brian shot and Hire and his coaching staff. They started the offeason workouts. They're doing some things a little bit that we haven't kind of seen a team do early we normally been around here. That will that inject some sort of hope and some sort of camaraderie for these guys to change the outcome in the future of this football team. Stay right here with this, will be right back to hanging with the boys. How's wing stop sound? Crispy juicy classic wings?
Speaker 8: Sauceted tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese, or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough, Get your flabor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 7: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 6: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by download the wings Stop Out or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolele played with real halfshopvos will score tasee bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Your hero's wide range of.
Speaker 2: Mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 10: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans. A twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 3: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 2: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets that, along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day specially. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 6: Back to hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to hanging with the Boys on the Thursday off season. Addition, we are seven days away from the NFL Draft. The Cowboys have the number twelve pick. This segment is brought to you by Blockchain blockchain game, also brought to you by Jigsaw, the dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, Kurt Yes, Sir, seven to eleven. At seven eleven, there's a five thousand dollars winner every single day shot with seven eleven rewards. Then play the in app game for a chance to win five thousand dollars in cash. New daily cash winners only at seven eleven. Dot com Are you next? No person necessary? Ends one six two thousand and twenty six US and DC A sixteen plus. For full official rules and free gameplay, go to five k Dash a dash a day dot com Bass Slash rules. All right, that's a lot going on. Big goal, so big goal, So that's a lot. That's a big gold. Say the Cowboys started their off season voluntary workouts whatever voluntary means?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Who who said that? Whatever voluntary you mean? That was a coach?
Speaker 6: So was it? Jimmy? Jimmy started he started it.
Speaker 3: But it was like a coach to somebody that was saying, like, you know, you know what voluntary means?
Speaker 5: Chrismin no. I thought it was like Darren Hambrick or something like that. What do voluntary mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What do voluntary mean? The cowboys, get you started. There's this Monday good note. Someone who said they wanted to be a better leader for the boys didn't have to be because it is voluntary and most guys sometimes guys coming, sometimes guys don't. Michael Parson was present right and early on the first two days. Didn't didn't go yesterday. But it's okay. He's there the first two days and the first.
Speaker 6: Day just be like, hey he came to day.
Speaker 3: Why you did a messy Jesse. Yeah, this messy Jesse.
Speaker 6: That's is what I do.
Speaker 3: That's what I do. And be honest with you. Just messy jesse.
Speaker 9: H.
Speaker 3: First day they had a crawfis boil meat Church. Matt Pittman came out, Matt Pittman is that's Dak's guy. That's that's that's the meat Church Guy's Dak's guy. He does a lot of his cooks for him, cooks for the offensive Lineman came out, did a crawfis boil. I want to say, they did paint ball, some sort of outdoor next day. The next day was Tuesday with paintball, and of course you had the situation with Tyron h yesterday. But is what Brian Shottenhammer doing. We talked about how Jerry would say he he had on the room right, he was a player's coach. He he could he could talk to these guys. This new style of him trying to get this team camaraderie, trying to get guys all together. Is that an approach and I'll start with you, Nate. Is that an approach that Brian Shottenhammer can take and will it be successful?
Speaker 7: It if they let him have the rains all the way, Jess, if mister Jones and company let him have the rains all the way and let him take it to the end. I'm talking about to the end of the season. It's gonna be some shaky times, some rocky times. Coach I think is prepared for that. If we don't have excuse me, if he doesn't have him and his staff interference. Let this be a out him building this team. You know, and I don't like to compare like much like Detroit ownership. Let their young coach now who's.
Speaker 6: Got his team?
Speaker 3: Campbell?
Speaker 7: Yeah, give it may be some losing it. I know you gave him six months to a year, but let him go to a.
Speaker 3: Year and six months, a year and a half I gave him a year and a half.
Speaker 6: Did you hear him last?
Speaker 3: I was a year and a half. Right, a year and a half, I said, the season. And then halfway through the next season. If we don't get it right, you might you might see him get asked.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. You're saying, Okay, a season and a half, you get like the year didn't start now, I mean he's got.
Speaker 3: No I'm giving him this entire foot seasons.
Speaker 5: Okay, half of next sekon and.
Speaker 3: Then like till January or February.
Speaker 6: Be a little more specific, whenever it ends.
Speaker 7: If they don't win at least seven games, that things start earning.
Speaker 6: With him.
Speaker 3: No, seven games, that's gonna be. It's gonna start early with a lot of folks.
Speaker 6: You too, who you know.
Speaker 3: If they don't get seven wins this year, man, it's going you're gonna be looking around.
Speaker 7: Like, no, no, see, you gave you open this thing up nice, you know, heat the crawfish ball, this that and the other.
Speaker 6: You you and you say what do you think then? And I gave you my opinion, don't do that.
Speaker 3: You just you did it. I was trying to help build the culture. And then you went down through me out there said I give six months.
Speaker 6: I said six months a year.
Speaker 7: This will be an ugly season. This, this is gonna be an ugly season. This is gonna be something this organization and fan base hasn't seen in a while.
Speaker 3: Yes, when you say ugly, it can be anywhere.
Speaker 6: From five wins, wow, six maybe seven?
Speaker 3: This is gone like this is a full relayer currently as we sit today.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is a full team.
Speaker 3: Isn't far off in what they were a year ago? Right, the draft hasn't happened yet, so you may be able to add some impact players. However that thing may shake out. And last year with their quarterback missing eight games, nine games, ten games, they had seven wins. You saying DAK is not good for at least that?
Speaker 6: Plus two, you have new coaches, You have a.
Speaker 3: Coach who was in your system. Do you just changes?
Speaker 6: Do you have I can't think of the kid name. I wanted him to stay.
Speaker 7: He was a tackle, defensive tackle, defensive and I can't think of his name. But anyway, that our depth is depleted. We have no corners.
Speaker 6: Where are our linebackers? Uh?
Speaker 7: This is this is a full rebuilding. This is what I'm going to keep telling fans this is a full rebuild. Ride with this man. Ride with him if you're if you're not, just be from the start because he's trying to build something. And if mister Jones in the upper echelon stay out of the way, give him full Ah, well, that's not responsibility.
Speaker 6: They have to.
Speaker 3: That's not happen. It hasn't happened. That's not happening.
Speaker 6: Like you got on the Jacksonville Jaguar.
Speaker 3: We we know what that is going to look like, right like it's it's it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 6: It's gonna happen. You got to if you don't give him the full deal. Now you you has he ever, you have to sometime.
Speaker 3: Last time they won three Super Bowls, two and then the third one came off the stuff that the first the guy that the first you did and we ain't seen it.
Speaker 5: Since true to say, what kind of feel like what he's doing now will depend we'll look back on now Like if they have a decent season, we're like, yeah, grad he built the culture that.
Speaker 6: He's trying to build a culture.
Speaker 5: They have a bad scene, it's gonna be like, why didn't he start a week earlier? Why didn't he Why guys, I kind of feel like, right now, we won't really judge this.
Speaker 3: You the hope that they need right now, You've got a lot of hope over there.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 6: We don't know this guy.
Speaker 7: I know Jesse, I know Kurt, and we can we can talk all day. But that's like, uh, this new guy they got on the show before us.
Speaker 6: You know, I can't think of his name.
Speaker 7: I don't know him, so I can't joke with him or say certain things. You know, he's not gonna know when I'm serious. I'm not, you know, So we got to feel one another out. They are trying to fill their coach out. Don't interject, mister Jones or Will or Steven.
Speaker 6: Don't interject it. Well, I don't like how things going when.
Speaker 7: They when they open that door and say, hey, to holler at you, and is it about the coach yet? No, you can't holler at me now if it's about your contract or you know, stuff like that. But whether you plan or not, you can't holler at me. You went and got a new offensive line coach supposed to be the world. Come on, if he's the world, he may see Austin Richards has a better right tackle.
Speaker 6: Hey man, well we just heiny, coach. We know we just paid such and such, but this dude is the better, better tackle.
Speaker 7: If you're not gonna start on those basis, you're definitely not gonna win seven games. Play the best player. Let these guys know that they have to compete.
Speaker 3: Jess, listen, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: We are just saying it's not real.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's reality. I think what you're saying is right. I think what you're saying is fruitful. I think I do. I think what you're saying is fruitful. I think I think I wish it had legs. I wish it had real, reliable, strong legs.
Speaker 6: But I just what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When I started here, I didn't have gray hairs. I've been hit long enough to that gray hairs beginning developed. That means I've seen some things. I've experienced.
Speaker 6: Something might be the.
Speaker 3: Best bet, might be our best bet right there? All right, man, let's go to our final break of the show. When we come back, we'll talk where the Cowboys have three picks in the top one hundred. Where would they go in those picks? Offensive defense, A lot a bunch of needs that they have in the draft. Where are some of the notable draft experts are doing their mock drafts who they have mocked to? The Dallas Cowboys. So stay right here with us. We enjoy your company. It's hanged with the Boys.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott keeps it slide for the first down.
Speaker 11: Invest like your icons where everyone is a Rican crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfick grow my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official Spiced Ram of the NFL. The NFL season is where legends are born on and off the field. Some are last second players that turn the tide and change a team's destiny, while others are of friends who follow the Captain. To make a regular get together into the stuff of legends, visit follow Thecaptain dot com. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York, Hey.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebration this season.
Speaker 3: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 10: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig.
Speaker 6: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seed Gig is the official.
Speaker 10: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea and ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected.
Speaker 3: Seed Geek.
Speaker 8: How's wing Stop sound Christy Juicy, classic wings, sauceted tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 7: This is Nate Newton from hanging with the boys, and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to.
Speaker 6: Game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by download the Wings Stop out or ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 3: Back to Hanging with the boards. Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys and His Thursday. Our captain is out, but we have the rest of the crew, Chris Beam, Nathaniel Newton, Kurt Daniels, and Salt and Pepper Poppy. We are seven days away from the NFL Draft. The Cowboys have the number twelve pick in that draft, and there are a lot of needs on this football team. I mean, let me count the ways right there. Let me count the ways. And I think this is a good thing and a bad thing. It's both. I guess both things can be true because you have so many needs. That's a bad it's a bad thing to have so many needs, right, It's a bad thing to go go no, no, no, it's a bad thing to go in there and be like, man, we got so many needs, like glaring needs, gaping holes.
Speaker 6: More than three picks.
Speaker 3: But it's a good thing to know that no matter where I pick, it's gonna fill a need that we got you know what I mean, you have some options where you can go with that thing. I just saw this come down my timeline, and this may affect how the Cowboys are moving forward in the draft. The Cowboys just signed another or signing another offensive lineman. I'm gonna tear his name up, but it's an offensive lineman. Hakem A Dingjai A d e n i j I A Dingjai. Yeah, he worked out with the team yesterday. It says more depth at both tackle and guard. That comes from Joel Hoyt of of DLS Cowboys, and so another offensive line at lineman added to the mix. That's like four or five that they've put on this team so far. So that's clearly Nate, you were talking about earlier they had this offensive line coach and he's supposed to be the world. Well, get they're trying to give him some depth and there will be some competition happening at the offensive line. And I'm not saying that that puts you out of the running for an offensive lineman, but you've addressed this need at least somewhat. However you feel about where they did at the bargain basement, whatever on the guy you this.
Speaker 5: I don't know if this is going to take you off your path were going on. But because they drafted to tackle last year, does that hamper them at all this year? I mean, are you ready to Don't you need to let him? You already spent that high a draft capital capital last year. Don't you need to give him a chance of develop?
Speaker 3: Or is it like so on I go ahead, you speak.
Speaker 7: It depends on what this this new offensive line coach and how much pool you're giving him in your in your in your war room. Uh, you have went out and got a bunch of offensive linemen. A lot of them are veteran type guys. Uh, you've already on your depth. Chot slated a guy at your right Uh, at your right guard that is not Brock Coffin.
Speaker 6: It's Robert Jones.
Speaker 7: So this, this is the effect of the new coach, the new offensive line coach, you know, saying this is who we're going to start with.
Speaker 6: So uh, if he.
Speaker 7: Is telling mister Jones, hey man, trust we got enough. Mister Jones gonna move on him the next They're gonna okay, and unless something special. They say it's one kid from Missouri. They say he's supposed to be the Warrior. So I don't know. I gave it on the draft three four years ago. I did because you what, what is obvious for me? It's not obvious for Jess and you.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, ones, Yeah, no, you look at the draft and you have a contingent of people who are saying trade back, right, trade back.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: The thing about trading back is you need a dance partner. You have to have somebody who wants to come up. And I don't know if this draft, and it's it's probably going to be a weird one, but I don't know if this draft has enough top in blue chip talent that people are trying to for sure get up into the draft to get Most people are probably like, you know what, I can probably get the guy that I want if I just stay right here, you know, and not have to give up any draft capital, because you got to give up if you're twenty, let's just use that round number if you're twenty. If you're twenty one and you're trying to move up to twelve, that's going to cost you that that spot plus a second, maybe a third, you know.
Speaker 5: So I think, to me, the best case scenarios what happen in twenty twenty one when they only drop back two spots, but they got a third. I think out of that, and that's when they got Parsons in Gholston. But like you said, they have so many needs, they could drop back to three spots and still get a guy they need. But once you start drafting, you know, you drop into the twenties, then maybe you're missing out.
Speaker 7: Of But my issue is simple to this right here, and it always has men sure fire when you drop back, even when you pick at twelve, it's nothing sure fire. But when we get halfway through the season, we done dropped back. I don't want to be guessing on that, you know what I'm saying. That guy we got at twenty five and then the guy we got at thirty four, I don't want to be guessing. I want to be seeing him. I want to be seeing him, whether he's good or not. I want to be seeing him because I'm one of the few people believing that this thing is gonna go bad. So I need to be developing this talent. So whoever you decide to drop back and get, please play them, hopefully that they are good enough to contribute.
Speaker 3: All let's go. Let's go round table and just see Kurt. You're in the draft room. You control the car that gets handed in for the commissioner to announce. At the number twelve pick, you could name a player, or you can name a position that you want that you think and want, no, no, no, that you want the Cowboys to draft.
Speaker 5: Well, first off, I'm kind of green with I listened to last week's show, and I kind of agree with you guys. I don't want a running back at twelve, even though there's some good ones in there, for sure, I just think there's enough. So, you know, I think that the receiver, I think it's got to be receiver. Golden or McMillan is hopefully there. I would I would. I know you like the Ohio State kid, but I don't know. I think just with the quality of talent you're going to get there, Unles's one of those big guys up front, like the Missouri kid drops down, you know, I don't know. I think I would think I would go a receiver there.
Speaker 3: Receiver, So give give CD lamb his give the batman his his Robbin, a great running mate so he can go out there and not just be Cede Lamb and a bunch of Maybies, but actually Cede Lamb and the viable option at number two. Not mad at that at all, Nate, You're on the clock number twelve.
Speaker 6: Pick. That is so sad.
Speaker 7: And I was sitting at the table with somebody I'm not gonna call their name, and.
Speaker 6: And we have C. D. Lamb, and we said it last year. We have C. D. Lamb, one of the.
Speaker 7: Top four receivers in the league, and we can't we can't even say the other guy's names, you know, like you have to go to True TV to see the Jalens.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The Athletic you know what I'm saying. Athletic ranked all the post and they said the Cowboys have a bottom five receivering Corps Lamb. They still have a bottom five.
Speaker 7: And I'm not gonna even Butcher, the kids name that we got from from the Panthers, Jonathan Mingo. I'm not going eat Butcher's name. So with that being said, uh, Dallas Cowboys, with the twelfth figure.
Speaker 6: Of the draft, please go get the kid from Missourie.
Speaker 3: Oh you're talking about my membo.
Speaker 7: Yeah, go get him, because I don't want to be thinking. Just think we we for the last two months of the season, and it's this last week. All we've been talking about is Zach Martin, and now we're talking about Tyrone. Go get what makes everybody great, that's the offensive line.
Speaker 6: Go get the tempo setter.
Speaker 3: And talking about what you just said and you alluded to a little bit earlier, Kurt, I don't know if Jesse's talking I've moved on from Tyler Goydon, even though I kind of I said I was gonna be kinder to him in this offseason. I don't believe that they have moved on.
Speaker 6: No, they haven't. They can't.
Speaker 3: But if that's the case, if you're saying, go and get Arma memble, we've moved on. We were saying, now Tyler go, we're gonna all right, you're gonna be or we're gonna see how you play it guard as well. So it's like as far as the left tackle and I and maybe this is just this is it's cosmetic, it's it's vain. I don't think the Cowboys want to go no flair, no flair two years want to go offensive lineman. Offensive lineman is not you're not selling you know, you're not selling no jerseys. You're not selling. You ain't selling. Tyler guy ain't gonna never ever be a top jersey seller. And if you go get on my members, if you go get Will Campbell, if you go get Kelvin Banks, Junior Simmons, they ain't never gonna be selling that many jersey. They ain't gonna be on the cover of magazines, They ain't leading commercials. You can't put them out there in the community first as the face them entu thiguring out the support. But they definitely will. So I think about when you say off the lineman, and I agree with you the trenches need to be secured, both offensively and defensively. But I don't know if they're gonna go no flare, no flare, So what's the flair?
Speaker 5: Those guys you're talking about probably won't be there a towelve.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it may not be it's receiver, it's over it's receiver. It is it is. It is flashy enough, it is impactful enough. It's where everyone is talking about the Cowboys should go. There's a need that running backs, the need that receiver. There's a need that cornerbacks need that linebackers and need that defensive you know, defensive interior, defensive lineman for unless somehow, some way, I don't know, gas mask photos come out of Travis Hunter on on Draft night, right and he falls back or a dual Carter falls back. It has to be receiver.
Speaker 7: That's my that's my CD. If a due card fall within two or three spots, man give it, get third because it gotta be. What we need is an impactful player of fellas we need. And you know, you know, I talked to Heck Maharrison and he and he just so stuck on the offense line. And I say, you can be stuck on offense lineman. I said, but come next Thursday and they called another position.
Speaker 6: That's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So we can debate all we want, but I'm with you, and I'm with Mike, and I'm with probably of the Cowboys this year.
Speaker 6: You you gotta go out and get a player that brings hope.
Speaker 7: And normally it's not Eric Williams like Eric was, but he was the second year guy when he brought this flair.
Speaker 6: So I'm with you, Jesse, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: You know my my my favorite fit for the Cowboys is a Mecca Abuka but everyone is right now has had the receiver out of Texas, Matthew Golden, Yes, coming to the Cowboys, and so there's been a lot of buzz around that particular main name.
Speaker 6: But what's so good about him, Jess.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's the speed. He ran a four to two nine at the combine. He's a good receiver, strong hands, can get in and out.
Speaker 6: Of hein't gonna make that repull at him is.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I might be trying to show out getting the ball out there that far, So I don't know. But uh, if you're looking at where and who and how the draft should go, yeah you should go and check my boy workout, my boy, my boy curtain others. As a senior editor around here, the big khnas around here, the big editor. Uh, they got the draft guy at the Star.
Speaker 6: What do you guys call Who is that guy in the middle, the big tackle.
Speaker 3: Kevin Banks?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Go to Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Star and you can find out we're I think we're about we're trying to get we're sold out of the print online. We're trying to get some more online. But they're available in stores and the digital issues available as well.
Speaker 3: So if y'all hit me up, I'll steal this one and give it.
Speaker 6: To you right price, the right price.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what, you know what, you know, got a couple of the costs. But all right, man, that's it for us. I appreciate you guys. Kurty, Oh, Chris, who you drafted? He's putting in drafted. That's why didn't bother he was who drafting my drafting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just your position. You ain't got to say a player or nothing.
Speaker 12: Uh, we'll go with Well, I need a running back. I really don't don't running back. We get that in the second round.
Speaker 7: If we get that kid from boys enough kid North Carolina, North Carolina.
Speaker 12: If gent falls, which he's probably not going to falls, you better get that. You get hit that button quick enough to get to pick him. Okay, don't wait for any call, just picking I man, that's it for us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Are we having a show next Thursday on draft day?
Speaker 12: I mean that's the plan, all right, y'all want to do you guys?
Speaker 3: Let me know? All right, well that's the plan today. We'll see what happens tomorrow. If not, we'll see you uh soon. Let's just go with that, we'll see you soon. We'll let you know. Keep keep keep keep looking out for.
Speaker 6: You, keep both hands in there. We'll want you to come back with swove forms.
Speaker 3: All right, for Kurt, for Nate, uh for, for Chris, Beam in the back, Salt and Pepper poppy Man. That's our show man. We see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: We at This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.