Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show. How about America? Uh huh, I see them Jick Grinders at Aerospace ready to go smurf fit? Was that red track over cracking out that paper in Stevenson, Alabama. I'm rooting for Bruton and Bruton Alabama. Hey Robbie, I see you in California. Up Kelly, Hey Kyle Maynard. We know you're ready. I've alread asked Greg about that. Let's go FedEx and Rainbow City come on with it. Waste Management said, we're cleaning that things up. We're going all five hours with you. Alabama Power Transmission Construction, they're ready, Yondergzack the trash Man. Yes, all of Greg's minions say they're ready. Commerce Georgia says, hey it Landscaper's everywhere ready, everybody, let's go. I love this out of Georgia. If I was any more ready, birds, I'd be out the door fred Olay delivering name of them snacks. They're ready, I tell you all across America, they're ready for another Rick Burgess show with Speedy, Greg and Adler. The gang is all here, and we thank you for being with us. And we do have a lot to cover on the program today. So one of the things you might want to take note of is it today there will be a couple of listeners of viewers, whatever the case may be, who get a chance to go against the real Greg Burgess and ask the question is he right again? Right again?
Speaker 2: He's always right?
Speaker 1: We will play Greg Burgess right again on the program today. Winners get a chance on the wheel the last time that the wheel spun one thousand big ones. Hello, So, and it's been I wouldn't say it's cash heavy, but I wouldn't say it's stingy, because we've had we've had winners within two weeks have given away fifteen. Yep, you're right, you're right, So we'll week and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it hasn't been leaving its wallet in.
Speaker 1: The car, right it? But I mean yeah, speaking of that, So your middle son you know, had lunch with with Hoby, which I know that bothered you a little bit. I wonder who paid. Yeah, you know, I didn't ask that question.
Speaker 3: I wonder they they They sent me some pictures that and I just emailed them to you. So I don't know if you've even had a chance to look. But they took a selfie together there, and I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I was like, so there they.
Speaker 4: Are, that's your best and only friend. That's not true. How dare your son go eat with your best and only friend?
Speaker 3: Apparently wisdom they found. I guess wherever Hoby decided to eat? They was a uh JAC said, hey, get found a supply the spot, I said, he said it was delicious.
Speaker 1: You think good? Good meeting three? Yeah, and hope.
Speaker 3: He had sent me a picture right at right before that that said, you can't believe I'm about to have lunch with you or your son and a picture of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: That's that's interesting. That's interesting. You know, he's okay, there it is.
Speaker 1: There it is. We were talking of that place. Not look good? It does. We were talking about that on friends. Somebody asked the other day, and you know, we're grown men. So you know this thing of hey, so and so that's my best friend. You know, he's just a friend. But but if somebody presses you on something like that, I'm like, well, I don't have I don't have a best friend. I have a group of men that I could send her there in a group that is elite, and they are my closest friends. Yeah, but there's not just one. Well we're grown you know, there's not just one. There's a group. There's a group.
Speaker 2: My wife is my best friend about y'all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well it's a great answer, right, thought of that first, right, right, Yeah, and they should be your your best friends, right, And that's true. But but that's why I said closest friends. When you think about men outside of you know, you almost have to say, outside of the relationship, you know, with your spouse, who would you consider to be the closest person. Then you get into family versus you know, friends. To me, I don't know why we have to make these kind of declarations. Yeah, there's people I enjoy spending time with. There are there are people that if you go, Okay, something happened really really good or really really bad, who are the people that I call and then you know who those people are. Yeah, you know, and that and that's that's usually a mix of family and friends. If you if you have a good relationship with.
Speaker 2: Your family, Yeah, and it'll ab and flow, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Aaron Rodgers hang out with his family.
Speaker 1: He no, he doesn't, he does not. He probably know if he's married. Right, we don't know what he's doing. I tell you, I tell you who won't cause the packers.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: But but anyway, you you think about yeah, and you're right, Eve and flowing Also times of life. There's people that a certain time of life, they were there, but as time went on they moved, or you changed jobs, or you change churches, or you you changed, you had to move whatever. You know. How about this, you don't you don't go to high school anymore? Not everybody makes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've talked about it too, just having multiple kids. And I bumped into somebody yesterday at the grocery store that I hadn't seen him and in years. But there was a there was a period of time our boys, our boys played together through you sports and into high school and we were hanging out all the time. You just hadn't seen him in a while. But but for that period of time we were we were close, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you discovered that was all that held you together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because because then you know, you get busy and you got other kids, and and then you look up and it's just times flown by.
Speaker 1: I remember when Brandon Scordino was a big part of my life. Right, he's not anymore, Not that anything's wrong, but if you be lost, if we yeah, I hope, I hope our wives didn't send us to the grocery store and I will be home for a while. I mean, I've heard We've got a lot of catching up to do. I've heard stories of Greg.
Speaker 3: I mean he used to run the parking wreck then, oh yeah, he would probably got you were kind of in charge of a lot of charge Greg.
Speaker 1: I've heard a board member. Yes, look and now it's a lot of people he now board member, got stories Greg was on the board. Yeah, somebody said Greg's best friend is truth. Gosh, that's good. All right, So let me let me throw this all right, let me go awkward, Let me go awkward. Great shirt. What about when your wife has somebody, a female obviously that they really really enjoy spending time with. But you and the husband, they just you just don't really jive. And so I don't know anybody like and they're like, hey, hey, so we're gonna have dinner with so and so yourcount and but you want you you got a problem. You're happy with them, you're happy with for them, but you and that husband just you just can't quite connect. Yeah, buddy, give me, I know.
Speaker 2: It's like, buddy, give me something.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, give me nothing in common with boats?
Speaker 2: You want to talk about boats, I'll talk about whatever.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 4: Let's give me, give me anything, buddy, throw me to throw me a pitch, I'll catch it.
Speaker 1: What about when it's that situation you have to fake it and that like you're interested in what they're saying. Oh great, there's nobody that there's nobody better at that than me. Every now and then, though, I'll go too far and he thinks I know more than I know, and that follow up question always hurts. Yeah, yeah, that's not how we do it. But you know, I'm thankful because a.
Speaker 2: Lot of they don't do it that way anymore.
Speaker 1: A lot of Sherry's friends and the husband's of those friends, they're all kind of handy, So I find myself with a lot more talk about now. Yeah, now that my handy is kind of going.
Speaker 3: Up a little bit, now that your handy has gone on, So.
Speaker 1: I'm not as intimidated as I was once was.
Speaker 2: That's good. I'm glad that you feel that you feel that way.
Speaker 1: Won't be long. I'll build a dick.
Speaker 2: I don't see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really don't see that at all. You know what I see you doing.
Speaker 3: I see you going and riding the side by side around the farm and getting out and kicking the tires and moving a limb or two. And you be like, yeah, yeah, that's good, that's important stuff. He's gonna come in the next day and goes handy.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Hey headed to the farm today. Watch out for stories tomorrow going down Steae. If I can't help here, how what is the lady?
Speaker 2: It's more rugged? But that's good too. You know some people aren't handy, but they're rugged, and you're you're rugged. That's good.
Speaker 3: I couldn't I couldn't help. But hear his voice echoing through the offices. Yesterday you had him on speaker and he was updating you on the tractor. Oh my goodness, and the tire he lost.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean you know, Hey, I mean I'm amazing my mistake. I start thinking I could have something. I don't know what happened. I had flat tire. I said, well, what did you run over? I don't know. Could have been anything, so could have been. Hey, I don't know what we're gonna do about this rain.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I know Miss Sherry wants this stuff bushog, but you can't. You can't get after him low places this kind of rain, it's awful, terrible. Hey, I don't know how they gonna get We're gonna get the grass cut? I ready, don't. I'm like, well, stuff, I.
Speaker 4: Saw twenty lightning strikes on my way home from you know, picking the kids up. Yeah, and just like you gotta be cool because the kids are wanting to freak out.
Speaker 2: Steady, I didn't run, did not run in that ring.
Speaker 1: No, no, watch that lightning. Though.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So many of you have responded, and you were wise to do so. And I'm talking, of course about moink m O I n K. Go to moinkbox dot com, slash big vox and let me tell you something. These wonderful farmers. Do you realize right now that only four companies four companies control over eighty percent of the US meat industry, and China now controls the largest portion of US port. Did you know that? And let me tell you one thing. They'll strong arm the local farmer if they don't get in line. But moink was established for the local farmer who raises livestock the way it was intended, and for us to get the highest quality meat directly from the farmers themselves. It's real simple. It comes from animals raised outdoors where they can. They're like say pork, where pigs free to be a pig. They give an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. They deliver meat straight to your doorstep at prices you can actually afford, born, raised and harvested here in the United States of America, not just packaged. Watch out for that. And let me tell you that they're helping save rural America. I love it, and let's join in, and we love the meat that we get from them. Go to moinkbox dot com slash big vox if you support support American family farms and join the MOINT movement right now using our promo code big Vox. You get free wings for life and their chickens with the best you've ever tasted, and you get them free for the entire membership. So go to moinkbox dot com slash big vox. That's moinkbox dot com slash big vox. Thank you America for spending time with us. Today. It is June teenth, juneteenth. Today it is the oldest internationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States, dating back to eighteen sixty five. It was June nineteenth at Union soldiers led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that was two and a half years after President Lincoln's Immencipation Proclamation, which had become official January one, eighteen sixty three. A really good historic moment too, when you talk about redemption, because I mean, here were people still living as slaves, not knowing that they had been freed. And so many times we live our lives enslaved in sin, not realizing until somebody you know tells you the good news of the fact that Christ has paid the price, and you can be set free. So anyway, happy June tenth to all of you that have the day off today. I know that it's a federal holiday, so if you are spending time with us that you normal don't get, we welcome you on this June tenth. Also, we need to update you a little bit on what's happening with Iran, Israel, and of course the United States from what we can gather, and again some of the stuff comes in sketchy and it takes the rest of the day to update. But Iran is from what we gathered, did successfully have a bomb get through the Iron Dome and the reports are that may have hit a hospital, Soroka Hospital in Israel. So yeah, yeah, yeah, it's horrible. I hate to hear that.
Speaker 3: Fox News chief Foreign correspondent. We've we've played some histor Trey Yanngst. He's uh, he's in the middle of it, man, and he gave a quick update yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can see behind me, the Soroka Hospital in the city of Bersheva is still on fire. First responders are on the scene.
Speaker 8: There is significant damage following the Serranian ballistic missile strike.
Speaker 1: So, and as you said, as far as the the Iran is concerned, they're whatever they call this supreme whatever. Uh he says, Look, don't don't be don't be trash talking us. We don't need to be we don't need to be worn. The battles on. We're bringing it. Look for major terrorist attacks, you know, in the West and in Israel and wherever. So he's a he's doubling down and coming right back saying, you know, we're going all in. And of course you know we've we've had some updates and you've been following some of the stories about you know, how these the bunker busters, how they work. Trump Trump has approved plans for the attack on Iran and could launch the strike any day now. Uh So, so then we also know we just had the hospital. It's also in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Putin and g are now out saying, uh that they want diplomatic resolution to this. Sure, you know, you got everybody coming in and Trump even said yesterday it's little late, a little late for this, right, Yeah, I mean, we gave you sixty days and look what y'all are doing.
Speaker 1: And now you want to say something.
Speaker 4: And here's here's Trump being asked about that. If you guys want yeah, sure, I.
Speaker 9: Can't say that right. You don't seriously think I'm going to answer that way? Will you strike the Iranian nuclear component? And what time exactly?
Speaker 10: Sir?
Speaker 9: So would you strike it? Would you please inform us so we can be there and watch. I mean, you don't know that I'm going to even do it. You don't know. I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. I can tell you this that Iran's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate.
Speaker 11: And I said, why didn't you negotiate with me before all the death and destruction?
Speaker 9: Why indian nego, I said to the people, why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago? You could have done fine, you would have had a country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True. And so now the bunker buster bombs are going to be deployed at some point and they believe they could destroy Aron's nuclear site. So that's the good news. You hate it's come to that, but so so we'll see what happens. And there's a lot of saber rattling going on, as you mentioned, speedy with now Russia and China, which you know, where were they when all this was being discussed, as you just said, weeks and weeks ago. So we'll see what happens. The only time will tell now and and if we as we get updates, we'll certainly pass those along to you. I know that you probably had this coming up Adler and some of the some of the sound bites today. But it was troubling and sad to watch the view I saw some of these. It's always troubling, Yeah, it really is. We kind of not shocking. Shocking is definitely not the word. I wouldn't even say surprising, but annoying was probably the better word. Is how the view will just say just completely outrageous things. Who ever thought of a bunch of women would get together and just emotionally shout things. But here is Whoopy Goldberg and the view we mentioned this going to the break. Here is there back and forth as Whoopee will try to insinuate that really living in Iran uh and living in the United States as a black person or a gay person is really the same. Uh wow. So so here we go and it's and it's.
Speaker 8: Slow, but let's just remember too, the Iranians literally throw gay people off of buildings they don't here the basic human.
Speaker 6: Listen, here's the let's not let's not do that. Let's not do that, because if we start with that, we have we have been known in this country to tie gay folks to the car, where.
Speaker 11: Where it is another thing you are.
Speaker 6: Doing hanging black people.
Speaker 8: So it is not even the same. I couldn't step No, no, that's not.
Speaker 2: What you mean to say. It is the same. No, it's not.
Speaker 8: The year twenty twenty five the United States is nothing like if I stepped foot wearing this.
Speaker 9: Young I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I can't have my hair showing. I can't wear I can't have my telling you. And I literally said it was up to the people.
Speaker 6: Up to and that's why I am saying that it is the same. Murdering someone for their difference is not good.
Speaker 1: Whoever does.
Speaker 2: Nobody's saying that it's good.
Speaker 6: Nobody says why I said you you weren't saying what you What I heard.
Speaker 2: Was not what you meant.
Speaker 8: I think it's very different in the United States in twenty twenty five than it is to live in.
Speaker 2: An you're black, not for everybody.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't you.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you about being in this country. This is the greatest country in the world. But all that, I know that, and we all know that. But every day we are worried. Do we have to be worried about our kids? Are their kids going to get shot because they're running through somebody's neighborhood? These are they're they are not big deals. And I don't mean to say they're not big deals to you because the women are men.
Speaker 8: They are not doing well there either. They are not doing well in Iran. They are not educated, they're not Nobody wants to diminish the very real problems we have in this country's intent. But I think it's important we remember there are places much darker than this country and people who deserve right.
Speaker 6: Not everybody feels that way. Not everybody feels that way.
Speaker 4: Good Night again, doubling down on it, over and over again.
Speaker 1: The reason, the reason why. But but whoopee, you can't compare your struggles in this country, for whatever reason, with the struggles of a country you've never lived in. You have never lived under the current Iranian regime. You don't know. It's a little different to say, hey, uh, some individual may still not like me because of my skin color. Uh, in the country in which I live where there's still is racism and bigots. They're always going to be with us. Unfortunately. I do think we've made incredible strides. You know, Juneteenth would be an example of a major step forward that we're literally recognizing today. So there have been changes made by government here. Individuals may still hang on to things, but that's a lot different than saying, no matter what color I am, just my gender along as a woman, as one host tried to point out in Iran is I could be beaten, jailed, put to death if I wear the wrong outfit. That's that's a little different. And some of the problems of being terrified about your children, you know, not being safe in neighborhoods, that's the fault of people more than it's the fault of the government. You know, you don't these are things, you know you could just simply try to try to rise out of that. In the opportunities of this country. When you're in a tyrannical government, they don't offer the opportunity to change anything. Whatever they say goes or you face death, or you face imprisonment, you face punishment. You're just talking about apples and oranges, and nobody could make her understand that, and I would have just stopped and say, I'd be real careful making comparisons about a place you've never lived. Now, if you want to say, we got problems in our country and you can point those out, well that's fine, but you still can't really compare it. You know, I can't compare my current situation to a situation that I've never lived in. Now, if I've lived in both, I can come here and say I can give you some comparisons. Whoopi Goldberg has no idea what it's like to live in a Ran right now. Plus, as anybody, they live under Sharia law. And it's people like Whoopy Goldberg that are going to try to make sure that one day we all live under Sharia law. And she's not going to like it. Her rise to to the kind of wealth and fame and life she has been allowed to live never happened to her in Iran, never ever.
Speaker 7: Ever.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible comparison.
Speaker 2: Women are required to wear the headscarf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's just that's required. And what she's talking about isn't like a near you know, well, you know, she's a little off. This is absurd. Yeah, it's crazy, really is. I mean, it's you're you're just you're saying things just aren't that just aren't true.
Speaker 4: And then she's talking about worrying about your kids being shot because they're running through a neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Who is she blaming for that?
Speaker 4: She's she's saying that it's a struggle that black people go through that white people wouldn't understand, and so she blaming white people. Is she's saying that it's white people that's doing that. Twenty four people were shot over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago, and it's it's sad and it's unfortunate, but that the majority, the huge, huge majority of black death through violence is black on black crime.
Speaker 2: And that's just not that's just the facts. That's just the stats.
Speaker 4: And most of the white people that are killed it's white on white crime. That's just the way things go in America. Most of the black people that die are being killed by other black people. Most of the white people that die are being killed by other white people. That's just how it is. And we don't need to be blaming racism for those struggles. We need to under identify why those things are happening. But we don't need to say that it's just because of just because you're black, you're going to be shot for no reason. That's just a horrible defeatist, not accurate to the stats way of looking at the world, and it doesn't help people rise out of those situations.
Speaker 1: You also can't be someone that's talking about, we need to do something about the fears of violence, and then you go ahead and applaud you know, demonstrations and people who share your political view and your worldview and they believe in anarchy. You talk about dangerous when your cities are being burned and your stores are being looted and people are being pulled out of car and kicked and beaten in the street, and in return they have to run over people and then hurting and possibly kill them. You you seem to think all that is just people letting their voices be heard. So you're kind of picking and choosing when you want to feel safe, because you actually are a proponent of things that actually make our communities less safe. So you're you're crazy, inconsistent, and I want them to get started on how you started saying that taking the life of someone is bad no matter where it happens. And then I know your views and where life begins and what women should be allowed to do. If you know, you say you shouldn't just be in danger just because of who you are, well, you also shouldn't be killed because you're an inconvenience to someone who didn't want to get pregnant either. So you're crazy inconsistent on this kind of stuff, and you should at least have the right to be adopted. You know.
Speaker 4: For her to say, like, but murdering people because of their differences is bad, it's not good.
Speaker 2: No one was saying that.
Speaker 4: That was just a ridiculous tactic that she was using in that argument. And I'm sorry, but comparing what's going on right now in Iran to what has happened maybe sixty years ago in our country, yes that was horrible, but that it's not the same A sixty year difference is not the same thing.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind we have a constitution of government, that government that was set up that allowed that to be redressed and changed. Yes, you can have this going on in Iran, and Iran's government would just say too bad. Yes, you won't, you won't, you won't, you won't have a right to speak out against them and make change. By the way, Whoopy's knocking down eight million a year and worth thirty million. Okay, we'll be back, um, Greg panic on Facebook, Panic, panic, Panic on Facebook. Book panic a Facebook panic. This comes from Terry Hey bird, Hey Bird, sound the alarm. Somebody check on Greg. Thousand Pounds Sisters to be canceled. Yes, TLC confirms it will cancel the show. Some of the reasons the weight loss. Yeah, that's what I thought. They've lost too much. That's what I thought. I knew it was going to happen because you go back, because I didn't realize last night's version that I watched they were going to down memory lane of things from the past. Yeah. Basically they started out because they had their own YouTube channel. Okay, TLC said, hey we got something here, so their whole claim to famous. Hey we're large. Yes, So now that even though I watched it the whole, that whole part was kind of it can get out of hand. But I was watching it because the interaction between the siblings. But if it's called thousand Pounds Sisters and now she one of them's dropped below two hundred, it ain't thousand pounds Sisters. Anymore great? Are you okay? You know there'll be enough reruns to hold over that I've never seen. But then I was of it. I was afraid of the weight loss would do. So he confirms it's canceling.
Speaker 2: Gone anyway, it's confirmed confirmed. Oh wow.
Speaker 1: According to the article, show might be ending because of Tammy's weight loss journey. I wonder, because you know that, like the current uh episodes you watch them were like filmed, you know, months back. I wonder if they've got enough in the cannon? Is there another season or is this it?
Speaker 3: Is there any other family members extensions that are are gold?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know the brother.
Speaker 3: You say he's funny, he's funny, but I mean he's not that fast.
Speaker 1: He's not. He can't have TLC Loves.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: They got one called the thousand Pound Roommates that come on now. They're trying to find more thousand pounds. They're huge, really too? Are they funny? Pretty funny? I hadn't watched it just so highlights. They're not pounds, sister funny. Are they a thousand pound roommates? Yeah they're they're they're gigantic. They're gigantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're thousand pound room. Yeah, I mean, but and that adds to it. Let's just be honest.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Does add to the humor, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: It's funnier. Tammy was funnier when she was Wait, that was my name was? That was my next question? First of these people funny enough that it doesn't matter for fat enough one thousand pounds sisters not the room I think it is, but they won't. Evidently again it's called a thousand pounds sisters. And one of them and the and the other as big as she was when it started. I mean she's lost a buns and then gained a little back. She's not as committed as Tamy. Issue. No, but oh wow.
Speaker 2: Room, Oh my gracial big person.
Speaker 1: They're big. So wasn't healthy?
Speaker 12: Bless you.
Speaker 2: Didn't need a lot of people can be brought to the pool that.
Speaker 13: Dad know, I.
Speaker 1: Look like a raft was coming out front of that bathing suit.
Speaker 3: They went, oh, nope, I can't hand they got my pillows underneath their that one.
Speaker 1: I can't Oh what that view. Let's not get down by the speaking of the view, speaking of wow, hey so great. Sorry, we're everyone the audiences in morning with you. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I hate see so are they going to finish the season out or Jesus is cancel?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure like last nights it was they were it was current, but they were going to like things places down memory lane, like where they used to live when they first started a Yeah, when they were gigantic. Yeah, Hey bird, Hey burge. Uh this is from Brittany. Hello Tubers, who designed your American flag that's on the front of the console. Looks great, speedy. Problem is I'm only counting forty five stars on Oh really? Did you ever notice that I counted to do that? I counted several times to make sure I wasn't missing something anyway, Thank you for thank you for the thousand pounds, sister updates. Hate to see it in.
Speaker 3: I have never I've never counted the stars.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I haven't an I just she says she's Captain Captain Cook on the tubers in the chat. You know what, I just give it the benefit of that. I've never counted on any flag. Are you counting the Madler right now? She says she's counting forty five? It's a beautiful flag? Love?
Speaker 3: Is is it very? Very nice?
Speaker 1: Does it bother you? If we find out there's on it's fifty, is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fifty?
Speaker 1: You sure?
Speaker 2: I just counted it's fifty.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there it is, So it is not forty five. Miss.
Speaker 2: I see rumors of cancelation, but I don't see.
Speaker 1: Back to one thousand pounds. So yeah, well, but there's still hope. I may hope. Look, mat, are you telling me that I can't trust Facebook?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's there's signs that it won't return, but they have not con from from what I can find that it's not been one hundred it's not been confirmed.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's not what Facebook said. You know she sent me that she sent me the Facebook shot.
Speaker 4: There are signs though, for example, the here's the post from TLC, the network it's on. It says the whole family is going down a special trip down memory lane on this bonus episode. That bonus episode was a trip down memory lane. Felt almost like a series finale. But that's just signs. I don't think it's one hundred percent confirmed. So maybe there's hope that we can still watch this loose skinned lady joke around with her sister.
Speaker 1: Maybe, So maybe you gotta get up on this Greg. You gotta know, I mean, by the way and Iran, you could not watch it wouldn't be available to wait too much.
Speaker 7: Skin this here's the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So they tend to, I mean, Larry tends to. He'll keep you updated. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, Terry and I are on a walk last night. Uh, and you know, we're cruising at times. I'm asking her, why don't we just jog? You're you're walking so fast.
Speaker 1: I can't keep up here. Let's not walk this fast. It's either jog or walk slow. Yeah, please?
Speaker 3: And and my phone rings and I see it, you know, four seven eight, and I'm like, oh, that's Larry. I said, Hey, honey, the breath Larry's college. She said, please answer it on speakers so I can. I can say hey to thee and hear them and hello, you know there he is.
Speaker 1: So why want we get this right? Larry has your cell phone?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he sure does, buddy.
Speaker 1: And you'll live to remember that day.
Speaker 3: And they were out and about in Dublin, Georgia. Carolyn in the background, just as sweet as ever, you know, and they're all excited about me coming next week. And they were concerned about the Internet or lack of at the house.
Speaker 1: And I did get.
Speaker 3: Confirmation they do not have Wi Fi, our internet, everything just off their cell phone data.
Speaker 1: How did he tell you that he ain't speeding? When's leaving your mall?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, we're leaving the mall, and I said, we're concerned about your your internet. How are you going to do it? What equipment are you bringing? How many cameras, you know, all those questions. And they were very adamant about Terry coming. Oh no, And I told them that that just wasn't possible. Unfortunately, I think I think also wanted me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well I guess yeah. I told them that you and least were coming later, did you, yeah, I did. They have asked, yeah, yeah. This is like, you know, mom was married to dead for you know, over sixty years and thirty five years of football. Never once did I think she have the desire to go stand on the sideline during the game. Then you're right, yeah, So, I mean the wives sometimes are like, I appreciate what you do for a living, thank you for the life we've been able to enjoy, But there's certain parts of your job I have no interest in being involved in and I just since this is one of them, even though I'd like to see you and Terry do like a second honeymoon there. Yeah, I think that'd be precious.
Speaker 4: Here's a list of fun things to do in Dublin, Georgia. You just used AI to to check it out. You could go you could go to splash at Southern Pines water Park. You could go to a water park Speedy.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't miss that downtown Dublin self guided tour. Oh that's romantic, you and her hand in hand.
Speaker 3: See the Dublin mall right there, that's where they were.
Speaker 1: You ain't the flat the mill? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You could visit Stubbs Park. Just go to a park. Yeah, what's wrong with.
Speaker 14: This?
Speaker 1: Will be one of those moments like if they do this, Adler, you're sitting around with friends later. So what did you and Speedy do? Went to Dublin? Oh, how'd you like Ireland? No? No, no, Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not talking about Dublin. You can go.
Speaker 2: Bowling at Shamrock Bowling Center in Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 3: I pry shamrockepreciate everybody telling me all this, but I think I'm just probably going to go in to Doubling and go to their house and do everything and.
Speaker 1: Come stay with Carolyn and me.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: I try to tell you, Carolyn not to worry too much about you know, the food, you know, not to stress about it.
Speaker 1: And Carolyn wants to know if you like green bean.
Speaker 3: Then I then I got a barrage of pictures of their house, so many inside just let me see everything, and well, you know what, we were able to kind of just discuss us in his voice.
Speaker 1: You talked about it. Will you just let's let's you went there, Let's get it out there. Let's talk about my voice.
Speaker 3: And he said, you know, for those that are offended on his behalf, he uh, he said, I just want to be right out here. I have no problem with y'all. Y'all y'll have the pune with me with my voice. And and I said, well, yeah, I mean, I mean, how many how many ball jokes and and chicken legs and you know Adler's short and Gregg's.
Speaker 1: You know this and that, and you know, I said, pull the wo I.
Speaker 3: Said, we're hammering on each other all the time about different things. And he goes, I have no problem with.
Speaker 1: That Carolyn once, you know, wears shorts. See the kicking Mack.
Speaker 3: He said at one point, I mean, I know my voice is different, you know, And I'm like, yeah, somebody remember wholesome?
Speaker 1: I think you really a woman. But yeah, that was the first time I ever heard it. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: People are asking how this happened. The new show was what Days Old Day Days, And I was setting up my office phone and had a message and I clicked on it, and the rest, as they say, is history. Rick hit policy. Y'all got to come in here, I said, everybody, come in here. You video my name is Larry, and I click patches. Yeah, oh, I videoed it. Rick, Do you remember it still? Yeah? We didn't know you're going to how many patches you think you'll see?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: So many, so many some of the pictures he's he sent me, there's so many patches.
Speaker 1: Once you sitting amongst the patches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to remember to take some with me because there were some patches that some folks that left with us, you remember, in the box seats and stuff. He also said, I want an eight by ten of the of the show okay, And I said, well, okay, I'll get I'll get an autograph. Oh yeah, that'd be great and all that. You said it, yeah, And then he was very adamant about a picture of me and my wife.
Speaker 4: Do we want to try to bring him one of the I know we only have one of them or maybe two of them with the challenge coin.
Speaker 2: That there was actually a gift to us, So I don't know if we should read the.
Speaker 1: Three D printer go yeah, well give it. I can give him.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got a couple, but it's got our own face on the doesn't count.
Speaker 1: We've got some coming to the store, some real show.
Speaker 4: We'll keep those gifts that was given to us. That's not that wasn't the right thing to do. That's called regifting.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm a regifter sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Feel yeah, bad for the game.
Speaker 9: Give it to you.
Speaker 2: I need to not regift.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gon like Larry lut mm hmm are you are you ready for?
Speaker 2: What kind of bet? Are you in? Again?
Speaker 3: I don't know that was weird. He did ask what side I like to sleep on?
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, usually my side.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding, are you sleep on your stomach.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, well a side or stomach.
Speaker 3: I can't sleep on the back for like something to getting me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've talked about that.
Speaker 2: I start.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Something's wrong with my lips or my tongue or my throat or something, because if I sleep on my back.
Speaker 1: If I on my back, I don't have a tax or nothing. But I won't go asleep. I'll be hung between a sleep in a way?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And then he asked if I sleep my underwear?
Speaker 12: I don't know what that.
Speaker 1: Hey, chicken legs? Are we gonna skimming yandies?
Speaker 3: No? He didn't ask that. I'm kidding, but it was about a ten minute conversation. Of course, you told a throng and Terry got to talk to him.
Speaker 1: Huh, but the throng sweedie? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you sleep in?
Speaker 1: I just minded easy?
Speaker 2: What do you what are you going to sleep in?
Speaker 1: Will you go?
Speaker 3: I can't sleep pants at least in the shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you going to go to grippies in astrant? In someone else's house?
Speaker 2: Are you getting in their houses?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 13: This?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Growing up I couldn't lock my bedroom door my mom wouldn't let me. You can't lock doors. This is our house, right, you know? Can I lock that door? Can I lock their bedroom?
Speaker 1: Of course? You better you. No, No, they can access it easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah they have the key, but no, you can't lock your that that that is that says I don't trust you.
Speaker 3: All right, right, So let me just tell you. They're the sweetest little couple. And they got me and Terry to laughing yesterday. And they're so excited about me coming over and and I told him when I was gonna kind of try to arrive and that she would have dinner ready and we would fellowship and hang out and the bowl.
Speaker 1: And did you offer to pull you around on his slid?
Speaker 3: Well, that's gonna happen. I'm gonna get now what I'm gonna try to do. And I don't really know how else to do it, but maybe just start at Instagram stories of my travel over there, then throughout, then throughout the night, and then and then and then sleeping and then that next morning, but like that next morning.
Speaker 1: Like what are we doing late? They sleep? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask, Well, you'll be the show.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: They're they're waking up early that day.
Speaker 1: Don't don't be worried. I just like to watch you sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh you got the beaver, Damn wildlife Management.
Speaker 1: I can't go to the beaver.
Speaker 2: You can go check that out.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just going to kind of go in, go their house and leave. I think Carolyn Speedy want ship and say the blessing.
Speaker 3: She's real sweet. I told her, I said, don't stretch, because I know what it's like. You know, when you have company over and you're stressing over.
Speaker 1: What we're eating. And I said, I'm easy, don't do that. And he said you're easy, and I'm like, no, you know they're not stressing near to the level you are. Trust me. That's a good point, ye Childie.
Speaker 3: I just want I want you and Greg Adler. I want you all to care this much right here.
Speaker 1: So I can't care to save you. I'll care later.
Speaker 7: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be sure you're following the podcast archive so it'll give you a little Hey, it's ready to go back and catch any part that you may have missed, so you can catch an archive on our YouTube channel. Shobe. Okay, so still to come right again with Greg Burgess coming up some other things. People are helping you out, Speedy with your trip to Dublin's. That's good, said Larry has quite the reputation there in Dublin. Said everybody knows Larry well, I think, especially if you've ever seen Dragon slid through Walmart.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you don't know someone, that might concern you. But then you get to know him, you know, Oh he's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Dragon. He drags He drags a sled in South Georgia, in the Deep South and collects patches and challenge coins. Did he add wheels to the sled? How does the sled slide on like a floor in Walmart? Let me see speed, you'll find out.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: Still they have still haven't seen us a picture of where Speedy is actually going to be sleepy. Uh, but we'll get that port of building outside. Uh looks like Adler. I know that. I'm not sure that there is is footage of this. Do you have any space X burning on the bursting gigantic ball of fire?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I saw Elon tweeted just a scratch.
Speaker 1: Just to scratch you SpaceX rocket seen bursting into gigantic ball of fire, gigant and you know where I'm on gigantic battle fire routine test. Uh there on Wednesday night. Uh so that there there, there was there and and it said when when we had it go? Okay, so this is so it blew up like on the pad there. Yeah, Oh boy, that's that looks like a movie.
Speaker 2: Look at the scale of that.
Speaker 1: That's uh that's your big boy there blowing. And another one. Do you care about that?
Speaker 5: Greg?
Speaker 2: Wow, that is amazing.
Speaker 1: That's your static fire test. It's a pre flight procedure when a rocket engine or a set of engines are ignited while the vehicle is firmly bolted to the launch mount, meaning the rocket was not set to launch when the explosion occurred. Just a little run through did not go well, so sorry.
Speaker 3: Larry and Carrelyn just sent me a picture of the bed I'm sleeping mallecan. Yeah all right, Oh here's the room. Oh, here's my room is right there. Thank you, Thank you Larry and Carolyn.
Speaker 1: Okay, window unit okay, and I would go over to that window. Yeah, and I'd be sure I knew how to operate it. Yeah, get hot there, knew how to operate it. The window itself. Oh, I got you.
Speaker 5: That's the that's exactly the spread I expected. Looks like a nice little room, just like your grandmama's room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sweet little couple, they're precious.
Speaker 1: Are they sending more?
Speaker 10: Great?
Speaker 3: Are they coming through?
Speaker 1: I'm getting over. Here's one of the pillow. You have a Christmas tree in your room? Straight up? They brought that up. He was joking. Okay, should I reply to tears? Should I reply to terry text?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you still feel good about this?
Speaker 3: She asked about it.
Speaker 1: She asked about it.
Speaker 3: Normally she just lets me, you know, anything for the show kind of thing, and she did so, said, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 5: Oh, gonna scary A picture on the wall? Really, okay, you know what that is? Well, it's a suck some sort of elk and wolves coming after it.
Speaker 1: Oh my, you know what I did? I didn't add that, Yeah, added, I will say that again. The vision on the wall is an elk not realizing a pack of wolves is coming after it.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 2: Have you guys heard of the movie The Collector. It's a horror movie from two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: No, Larry, this is not me. Nop.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's his dog's let again. Boy, he loves his dog's leg.
Speaker 1: What is it allowed to have wives on it? I'd like to say a husky bulling it. Wow. Oh, a little lamp beside the bed. That's so my head's gonna be right there. You can, yeah, but you can light that lamp and do a little reading it.
Speaker 3: We'll be okay if I bring in my own pillow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta take your with you always do.
Speaker 3: Look at that, Look at the covers like it looks kind of warm and cozy.
Speaker 1: They don't forget your Bible them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you can just gun unless the gideons on the photo, and of course your sat are.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 1: That's a sled, he says, and an extra bat rick that's he says. That's a sled in dogs that did a ride, not wolves.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, okay, I feel so much better. I feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: That is a very tall Christmas tree in that corner of that room. Looks like a big man standing there. All right, So anyway, I'm sorry, y'all, I know you don't move on.
Speaker 2: But all the size of this explosion. I'm watching the Space.
Speaker 3: Exus and again, right, it's so you.
Speaker 4: Forget how big these rockets are until you see like a piece of lumber flying through the air and it takes it like a minute to get to the ground. You're like, oh, that's because what I'm looking at is as big as a building.
Speaker 12: Crazy.
Speaker 1: So uh So, anyway, we do, we do issue the best speeding and I think it'll be a it'll be a great, great, great content for the show. Right, so so we do look forward to it and we wi we wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for doing this. Hmm. Okay, so we also if you want to get back to to Elon Musk, are you still do you feel different about it On Musk now? Like when you see a SpaceX starship burst into jagged it ball of fire? Do you feel different now than the way you did the first time about like it has Elon Musk? Is he tainty with you now because of it because it was all out bursting him? No? No, no, are you still you're still good there? Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, he's been a little bit out of sight, out of you know, out of out of mind.
Speaker 1: Greg, you're still on the lizard Man wagon. Yes, okay, you'll see so we'll tell you right, yeah, telling you I know, Well.
Speaker 3: It's he's in this feud right now with the New York Times and all there. They've alleged that he his excessive drug use during the twenty twenty four election. Yeah, what what he's posted like his I guess he's gone, and I guess they've drug tested him and he's posted all that.
Speaker 1: But how can a newspaper ask you for a drug test? I don't know. Why does he have to give? Is he going to be a reporter there?
Speaker 4: I think for his security clearances that because of the government contracts that he has he has to take, he has to take United States drug testing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's there was an allegation that he would carry around this big like bag full of drugs. He took so many every day and and that came out, you know, months ago, and it's constantly resurfacing, and the New York Times has jumped out and really, we're standing behind our journalism and this, that and the other. And he's so they kind of there's a little online feud on X with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, he'll get in the feud by the way, and so so that and he has given them the drug test they want. Yeah, he said, how about y'all test you staff, right, Yeah, look, being interesting, he'll fire back. Yeah all right. So when we come back, we have other things that we need to break down for you today, including an opportunity for you to go against Greg on right again. Yeah. Now the topic will be Earnhart. So just know when we're dealing with Greg and Earnhart, he's a pro. I mean, it's I know to a point. Yeah. Now, I want you to know I went and tried to find some pretty obscure earned art, so you may get me that information just to give the person you know something to think about as those that you're thinking you're right again every single time. Yeah, I think you probably know most of this, but there's a few I'm not sure of. Okay, So so top of the hour, we'll do that next hour, so be looking for that. And right now, the wheel's already cranked out fifteen hundred bucks in the last ten days, so it's it feels a little giving.
Speaker 16: Weird.
Speaker 1: Don't know how that would happen. We'll be back. Let's go ahead. Uh, let's let's get back and get this started, because I know once I mentioned it, it's all that Greg's minions can think about. And so let's uh, let's let's get it done. Here we go. It is time for right again with Greg Burges. Just here we go right again? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Uh huh, yes, you are right again.
Speaker 1: Now usually that is the case. I will agree. She's just you right again, you right again?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: So America, and you're already rolling. But here's the number eight eight eight, the number six big vox. Now here's here's how this works. Uh. You've got to get three of these right with Greg.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you can get three of these right, then Greg will spin the wheel for you.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and whatever that wheel lands on. I mean, that's that's what you got. Okay. So so let's uh, let's give you the topic. This is a strong topic for Greg. It is Dell Earnhart.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are facts about Dell Earnhart. Does Greg know them? Uh? So let's get started. And as I always say, don't go by whether I sound confident or not, because I may be just tricking. Yeah, because if I don't know, I may act like I do. Right, Why do you tell us that? Why don't you make them to deal with it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I wanted to think just because I go, ye know, oh, this is him basically saying I'm never wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm always right, and I might know even if I'm wrong, I may act like I'm right now. Well, if I'm overkind, I may be over confident, but I really don't know. That's actually you just talked about how I got out of college. Okay, so we've got we've got a full bank here. So let's uh, let's go here. Let's hello. What's your name where you're calling from? Hello? Oh, I'm sorry, had you heard your line cut off? What's your name where you're calling from? Jennifer, Nashville, Tennessee. Now, Jennifer, have you ever played Greg Burgess right again? I have not?
Speaker 16: All?
Speaker 1: Right? Here we go. You say this, I give you the question, I give Greg the question. He answers, and you say, I think Greg is right again? Or I think Greg is not right again. Okay, you matched three match three of these and you get a shot at the wheel. Okay, Okay, here we go. Dale Earnhart is the topic. Dale Earnhardt's first career win was where first career win. Let's say, I believe I've listened to them Dale Junior's download, especially where they recap you know, they played like some of those you know commentary from that his rookie season. All, I'm pretty confident this Bristol, Bristol, Jennifer?
Speaker 2: Is Greg right?
Speaker 1: Is Greg right again? She says that there's them? She got good internet? You giggling, there's one delle. Earnhardt finally won the Daytona five hundred and nineteen ninety eight. How many times had he tried and failed to see when he start? You know what, I'm not confident on this. Seventeen years, maybe seventeen tries before he won? Is Greg right again? Jennifer? He is wrong?
Speaker 9: It's twenty.
Speaker 1: Well you're wrong, but you are right that Greg's wrong, So you did get it right. It's actually nineteen. I was trying to run the number, that's correct. So he failed nineteen times, Jennifer. While you do know he's ahead and give you do know?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 1: And all right here we go. Uh this one, this one's gonna get a little tricky. Okay, are you ready? During during caution flags, Earnhardt was always accused of bumping the NASCAR pace car if he was up front, who was driving that pace car? And gave us that information? All I know is to me, the most memorable and he almost He was a former driver and almost became a celebrity being this. Elmo Langley is what I'm going with, elm O Langley. Jennifer is Greg Wright. I'm going with Greg.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, he is there.
Speaker 1: Night so you get us fit?
Speaker 13: Why?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: So you've done it. You matched Greg with really no issues at all, I mean you yet. So now Greg is going to the wheel for you, Jennifer. Now, man and we'll see what you want. Or you could just it could be a bit, it could be a bundle, it could be bucks. So say to Greg, Jennifer, you have to say it's will to me and then he will spend. So, Jennifer, we're waiting on you. It's will to me. Let's go, Greg. Let's see I you can get Jennifer. You talk about knowing her earn heart, good grace. I mean Jennifer right in Nashville. She knows about three. I got my three up as the wheel is spinning, Jennifer, Jennifer, let's see, this is funny.
Speaker 9: This is funny.
Speaker 1: You actually landed on Greg. So so there it is all right? So Greg, is there anything that's bothering you? So she can hear Greg rant right, here during right again, I got a short rant. You know, we've deal with our parents and what I'm tired is meaningless doctor visits. They just put your on the schedule. You come back in there. Well, how are you feeling? I feel about to say? Okay, well good, Well I'll tell you what. Let's get you set up for six months from now. We'll come in here. We'll ask you the same question. See you then keep doing.
Speaker 6: What you do.
Speaker 1: Keep doing what you're doing, Jennifer, and that'll be a co payment. And that's why they're doing it. That's right, Yeah, that's what's how they get you, Jennifer. We are going to put you on hold. We are going for I'm sorry, We are going to give you a T shirt from the Rick Burgess show store. So you're not going to go away empty handed. Okay, okay, well thanks, thank you, thank you boys. Good she knew way more than me, all right, so let's continue. She didn't get a prize, Well, she gets your nice shirt, she gets your shirt. It's good shirt, all right. So uh, hello, what's your name and where are you calling from?
Speaker 12: Hey guys, this Seawan and Florida.
Speaker 1: Hey Sean, how's everything in the free State of Florida today.
Speaker 17: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Do you know Earn Hard as well as Jennifer. I don't leave anyone. I think only Greg mind. She knew her stuff. She knew her stuff. All right, here we go, are you ready? It was call it was called Dale's Big Rally. It was his final win of his career in the year two thousand at Talladega super Speedway. It was called Dell's Big Rally because he rallied from what position to first and in how many laps? I know this one because I was there. Actually, I was in Pitt Road while me and Dad had walked to the end past the pit boxes, and we were right there in the trioval, okay, And he went from eighteenth to first and I think five laps, and the crowd we couldn't see them as they come out of four where we were standing. But when he took the front of the place when nuts I was there too, that was incredible. It was all right. So he said he went from eighteenth to first in five laps. So that's two things he has to have right. If either one of them's off, he's wrong? Is Greg right again? Beato?
Speaker 17: I mean right again?
Speaker 9: Correct? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was there for that place. We've talked about it before. I was incredible. And don't forget that was restrictor plate racing. Yeah wow, all right, here's the next one. Earnhardt had a nickname for Jeff Gordon.
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 1: That'd be wonder Boy? Is Greg Wright again? I knew that one. Okay, this one's tougher right here. Who wore a shirt donning the number three to the two thousand and one Grammy Awards as a tribute to Dell Earnhardt? That was the year of his death. Who wore a number three at the Grammys in honor of Deal Earnhardt? Believe it or not, I believe I know this? Do you? The band? You two? The guitarist age, the age, that's what he goes by for some weird reason, Sean, is Greg Wright again? Right again? Yes, you're right?
Speaker 2: It was the age?
Speaker 1: All right? You got a t shirt. But let's go to the wheel. Let's get out to the whale, Sean. Everybody stay with Greg. Everybody rotated perfectly, all right. So Sean, we're waiting on you to say right again. Now, I'm sorry. We're waiting you to say it's will to me. And then Greg goes spin it. All right, Sean, we're waiting on you.
Speaker 12: Will to me a good job shown tell like it?
Speaker 1: All right, let's see Seannie, you got it?
Speaker 6: Land on me?
Speaker 13: I got that.
Speaker 1: You got a T shirt, so you're good there. Hopefully won't land on Greg again. But here he comes. He's coming around here we go, all right, that's ok. Yeah, not bad. So not only do you get a T shirt, also give him something else. He can have a hat with that. He can have you land on stuff from the Rick Burgess Show, so he can have a T shirt that he's already won. Plus one more thing, all right, Vincent in that cool water you like that water bottle juge? You want to get that? Sean has got the big logo in the front of it, and you can carry around there and you get a T shirt to go with it. All right, So nice work, Sean, Nice work, Jennifer. How about everybody wins and ride against right? I actually missed one that Jennifer got. She did, so she did. Don't always think I know the answer, because I don't even if I like I did. All right, we'll be back right again. Two winners. As the Rick Burgers Show continues, hanging there. We'll be back. Also still to come. We've got to unscreen phone calls, some more hay birds and the stories of the day Rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 16: So I wanted to start a discussion about something that y'all may have talked about this before.
Speaker 1: I may have not heard it.
Speaker 16: But so it is a fact that dinosaurs are not mentioned in.
Speaker 1: The bottle, well not really the book.
Speaker 2: Well you could, you could.
Speaker 16: Argue interpretations and you know whatever. But science says that dinosaurs and humans did not coexist, that dinosaurs existed before humans. So if dinosaurs, like if God created dinosaurs on what day? Did he create them when he created man on the sixth day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's we have discussed that in the past. You may have missed it. Well, there's actually some different theories out there, okay, and I'll run them. I'll run them by you if you if you want me to, and obviously I guess you do. So here's here's some of the theories. Do you want to just hang up and listen? Yeah? Or do you have anything else? Is it? Did you come? We want to disrupt?
Speaker 16: That's all I want to do.
Speaker 7: Ask?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? Man, I appreciate you so much listening to the show. So here are some of the some of the things you'll see. We're in the book of Job right now. Now you're going to see God give his resume to Job. And in my opinion, now that doesn't mean it was happening in Job's time. People think it does. I mean God when he gave his resume, he could give his resume for he's he's always existed. It might not have been anything that happening at the time. But there are two things that make his resume, especially one of them that really clearly seems to be a dinosaur. And it's the behemouth or however you say it. And and the wemouth the behemomouth, Yeah, the behemoth. And and you see that it's in the marsh, and that it's got a long neck, it seems to eat from the trees. It's got a tail the size of a giant tree. Some people have said that that's a hippopotamus. Have you ever seen a hippopotamus's tail? Come on, now, the tails like a tree trunk, and the and the water can't even run against it.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then they get to the Leviathan but that one's a little different because there was some myth with it, and then the sea creature. But anyway those two could be you could say, well, God is showing job on his resume. I created a horse, I created dinosaurs. It does seem that. Now does that mean they were all in the same time?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There is one theory that the dinosaur era of Earth, because this is where the age of the Earth gets a little tricky. We see in Genesis that there was darkness over the Earth and it was without form, and then God said, let there be light. There's also a theory that God has already dealt with the earth once before before he created human beings, and that's where the dinosaurs belong. That that was because God is certainly available to that and and you could actually have that point of view that there was a there was a time before humans were created by God that was still created by God on this same earth. Okay then, because then you get to the theory of no, no, no, they've aught They were with men and the way that they were put on the arc was they were put on the art as juveniles. That one was a little shaky, and answers in Genesis have that I'm not I'm not saying they've done a lot more research than me, but those things grow pretty quick, they get big quick, and they were on that art for a while. But that that is one theory, and that is out there too, And then that one has some merit because of some of the fossils that have been found that still have blood in the fossil, which if it was millions of years that that blood should not still be there. So so there they are. That that's all the different the different theories that are out there, and maybe there's some I don't know about, but those are the ones that I know. It's interesting, no doubt about it. But be real careful when something like this becomes a God exists. If dinosaurs were here with men and are this certain age, and if they're not, then God doesn't exist in the Bible, is not true. I don't think when people put it up in that category, I don't think it belongs there. I think understanding God and his time and years and how long the earth's been here versus how long human beings have been here, I think there's a lot of questions we don't understand, and to me, it's interesting conversation but it has no impact on my faith one way or the other. But those are some of the different things. There's the they were created and on this earth before human beings were created by God. He destroyed the earth once before. There's things in the Old Testament, and sometimes it seemed to indicate that even something Peter talks about in one of his letters, or they were here and that's why they're in God's Resume in the Book of Job. I think if you go read the God's Resume, it's it's hard to say that. It's almost like he's describing what we call a bronosaurus, almost to the to the letter.
Speaker 2: All right, So well, just remember the heavens declear his majesty man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not worried about and You've said it a million times, Rick, I'm not worried about the things that the Bible I don't understand. I'm much more worried about the things in the Bible that I do want the call to how I'm supposed to live my life right for exam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I'm just doing what he told me to do. And these other conversations are interesting, but they have no impact on what he's called me to do and called and called all of us to do. Uh we continue Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hi, this is Alli.
Speaker 18: I just wanted to let you know that you're my favorite, and I want to know your most favorite thing that you did with your parents and your kids.
Speaker 1: That favorite thing we did with our parents when we were kids. There's so many things. I loved going on some of the rabbit hunting trips with dad. I loved to love those trips. Loved going with our family down to our grandparents river. Yeah, that was that was great. I did not enjoy six Flags, Greg did. I loved it right.
Speaker 3: We would go to I remember riding around with your parents and you would sit on the elbow rest in the front seat.
Speaker 1: I remember my sister doing it. I can't remember doing Remember.
Speaker 4: The console that flipped down in between the two fronts Our sister and you would set up so you could see real good.
Speaker 2: Oh you could see so good selling one seat belt on console.
Speaker 1: What about when you laid in the back glass in the back sat, Yeah, follow the brace you'd fall out. Yeah. I can't relate to any of that because I was a super large kid didn't get to do any of that. I remember, thanks for bringing all her spot where she sat, Yeah, out there between mom and dad own the arm rest. Time to change time now. We didn't have a seat belt anywhere. We just rode out, stood up in the back seat all.
Speaker 2: Around, got a five point harness.
Speaker 1: Were wearing They wear him forever.
Speaker 2: He'll be wearing it his size, He'll be wearing it till he drives a call.
Speaker 1: Uh rick bird, just show unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Brandon, I think it's yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: You're sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Man not used to the new format yet, but we're gonna be doing it six months.
Speaker 13: I wanted to say with the dinosaur thing in the Bible, it's interesting. I think that we forget sometimes that we have unknown periods of time and and I said, listen, I don't have all the answers, certainly, but for instance, from when man was created until the fall of man, we have no idea what that period of time is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's kind of what I was talking about. There's you know, I don't really get into the New Earth Old Earth because I think it's dangerous ground. Some people really go all in on it and that that's certainly their prerogative. But I'm with you. I think you're working on limited information. We'll be back also, I'll get speedy to look at it. Somebody's asking what brand shirt this is I have on I got to be honest with I have no idea. We'll be back, all right. Uh so uh text nation, I had speedy look at this. Uh the brand of the shirt I'm wearing this Habit h A b I T Yeah, and there this was a gift to me from my sons and lost the Thompson's and I have two of these, two different colors, and and love them.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so the person was saying, Hey, I like that shirt. I'd like to find out what brand that is. So Habit h A b I t Adler. Did you say you were going to your van? Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: I've got I've got something.
Speaker 1: You got something.
Speaker 4: We have talked a lot about how far away the bathroom is. Oh, yes, awful, And I'm may have something that solves that problem. Really yes, yes, no, no, In fact, it's.
Speaker 2: Toilet. It's in the van right now. And it's not a tiny toilet.
Speaker 1: That I do have in the van. We've seen it. Yeah, I do have that in the van, but I really want you to swing. Can you swing that?
Speaker 2: I'll just bring it in.
Speaker 1: Cameraund so I can show you running. Now, there he goes, There you go. He's running. So I've never seen him run like that. Yeah, what kind of it's kind of I won't to run, but I can't. Almost like he's got to use the bathroom. It did look like that.
Speaker 5: Hey does does sometimes It seems like that that he's aged more than us. Yes, I don't think so can you?
Speaker 1: He won't hear this till the replay, right, Sorry, buddy, this is the unfortunate part that he puts together the Yeah, yeah, but you know me, he doesn't. He's got he's got some physical issues. He's my work place best friend. I can't really comment. Greg. I go to you. I think you're right, Yeah, you don't need you don't need cloud all that up. I get it right, Greg? You take right and Greg go, I think, hey, man, hey, what what do you got? Is that a motor scooter? Did you get that from Costco?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You buy everything?
Speaker 9: What in the world?
Speaker 1: What he's on? Ay?
Speaker 12: What is he?
Speaker 1: He's on one of those shows right now? Electric scooter. Let's say that you had to go show us how it would be. Run, jump on and take hall like you got to go. Got it from me this one time? Say hey, guys, I can go the bathroom. How long have I got And I'll say, man, you only at you only got two and a half minutes. All right.
Speaker 2: So so you guys have heard of a pooper scooper. Yes, this is the poop poop hooper.
Speaker 16: Scooter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should be scooter pooter, poot scoot, Yeah, poot stootent boogie.
Speaker 1: We're going to be wetting three doors to get through. But I mean other than that's going we got type codes in We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Hurt from door to door. Think about the savings in time from door to door. All right, So y'all want to.
Speaker 1: See see how like it's a golf course, I know, like for regions.
Speaker 3: When you're out in the gallery, you hear car path car, So are you screaming?
Speaker 1: Scooter on the way so you don't run anybody over. Here's the scooter. Here's what I want you to. I'm gonna time you.
Speaker 10: I want you to.
Speaker 1: I want you to go all the way to the bathroom, Yes, and all the way the bathroom in back. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 1: There? You go?
Speaker 12: There?
Speaker 1: You got. It starts with a little he's on the scooter. It's got a blinking breakle like it does. There goes to the pooter. Scooter. Alright, he's hitded. That doesn't rhyme? Okay you sixteen seconds? Watch out?
Speaker 12: What do you do?
Speaker 1: You nearly ran into the window control. You're gonna run somebody over there? You got there?
Speaker 6: You go?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Notice the face that goes with it. Yeah, let me tell you what that that is. Let me tell something. That thing is a wrecked disaster.
Speaker 7: By the way, it's fine.
Speaker 1: What that's your horn? That so that's got You bought that for yourself, it's for all.
Speaker 9: It's forever.
Speaker 1: So we can ride it to let me see you, let me see you.
Speaker 8: So that was on high.
Speaker 2: I put it on medium.
Speaker 1: What whid medium? We're you know what I'm saying. We can handle that. You probably need you probably need medium.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the thing that's a safety thing.
Speaker 1: You have to roll and then go why do you have to do that?
Speaker 12: They don't want you to?
Speaker 1: Is it gas?
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 16: Here?
Speaker 2: Gas is like a thumb like a four wheeler.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: And This is for us going to the bathroom real fast. It's called the pooper scooter?
Speaker 1: Are you even though it doesn't rhyme? How about the scoot? Put and dookie? All right, that's off the text nation, all right.
Speaker 2: So work in speedy, I put it. I put it on that speed for the first time. Just then here he goes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's way too so you got to go. It's way too slow.
Speaker 2: You gotta roll and go, roll and go. Oh my gosh, he just disappeared to go.
Speaker 1: I think he wrecked it. Speedy, do not wreck that's new And I think he wrecked it. I just got it. Did you see what?
Speaker 2: I think he's turned around? Here he comes. Okay, Oh my gosh, here he comes.
Speaker 1: All right, it works pretty good. I want somebody to go all with the bathroom with it.
Speaker 2: Well, how about in the break we film it and then we get then we can the break. Yeah, oh yeah, watch Speedy. Oh my gosh, there he goes wrong camera. Sorry, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Think he did. Oh my goodness, I think he really honestly did.
Speaker 2: But do you guys think this would be good? You can use it anytime you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg can't.
Speaker 2: Uh, he has to I'm charging rent, got your content.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'll watch out speedy. Okay, he almost hit the wheel. How do you like speed? Is it comfortable enough?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I'd like to zoom all the way there.
Speaker 1: I think I can uh be awesome like you think you can actually get You can zoom the entire trip. Do you want to come back and let's do it live? Do you want to come back and let's do it live? Yeah, let's take it. Let's take it all the way to the bathroom. Help somebody find sweet two hundred, then come back. All right, that's there you goes. He just disappeared. Yeah there. How expensive was this and how attached to it are you?
Speaker 2: It was the last one at the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the store model.
Speaker 2: So I got it real like fifty percent off, straight up, straight up.
Speaker 1: Okay. But because I'm just telling you, I know this bunch, and if they start taking to this scooter, that scooter's lifespan is yeah, is gonna be drastically shortened. Ye, you're getting speed. Don't try to go back there? Got yeah, go ahead, turn around, we'll do top of our well, we'll come back and via zoom and we will take We will take this scooter all the way, uh, to the to the bathroom and back. Textonation another good one. Poop Deville. It's a poop devill top of the hour, all right. So Abler has introduced something in the break that he says is going to change the long trip to the bathroom and back. I think we like the name poop Deville for our new vehicle. I like that one.
Speaker 9: That's good.
Speaker 1: So here's where we're going.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: We want to see how long it actually takes?
Speaker 12: Does it?
Speaker 1: Does it? Is it a game changer? We're a little concerned about codes and doors that we have to go through. Speedy just dropped his phone. He's trying to get it where we can zoom the trip.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're gonna have to use just one hand of right, buddy, Yeah, And I know I know that means you have no breaks, but you know what, that's what the show is.
Speaker 2: That's what the show is. All games. Baby's no pray.
Speaker 1: Let's build a round and jump it. Yeah, Greg, that's gonna be probat all right, So.
Speaker 2: Mean to push you there you go, My goodness, he's going.
Speaker 12: Here's going.
Speaker 1: Look he's going down the hall stop. He fell, he wrecked, he wrecked he did. There he goes, all right, well he's back up, he's coming back then. Okay, there, okay, I know how you going.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I live, buddy. All right, all gas, no breaks, let's do might good? I mean not good, not well.
Speaker 1: I have no I don't want you hurt. Yeah, are you ready?
Speaker 12: And I can't go quite as fast as I have. No break?
Speaker 1: Well, that's fun, that's fine. You don't have we're learning, Ricky Bobby and go off there. Yes, he nearly red, gonna have to do. He's gonna, he's gonna, he's gonna have to he's gonna, he's gonna he's gonna have to stop.
Speaker 2: Cheating.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, there he goes to the wall. I don't have to worry about anybody else being here anymore. So we're good there waiting.
Speaker 2: He's in the lobby. He's stop and see if they need.
Speaker 1: That Sweet two hundred. They don't know where Sweet two hundred help.
Speaker 2: Do you'll need help?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They do.
Speaker 12: By the way, I'm sorry, you're live on TV and Rady is that okay? Hey, how are you sir? Sweet two hundred is upstairs, so you can take the elevator or go go.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew they were looking for Sweet two hundred.
Speaker 12: Oh they're probably not like, Oh, okay, hang on, I'll be right back. I'm tiring myself using the bathroom on the scooter.
Speaker 1: It's actually its speedy. Don't feel in there going go in there speedy?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, he made it speedy. Don't go in the you're he's showing me the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Speed. That don't show that. If all the people you need to tell they're on there, it's that guy.
Speaker 2: We lost you, We lost you. If you can hear us, we lost He's back. He's back in the lobby. He's out of the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Are we timing him coming back now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on back, buddy, he's rolling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is watching album. Okay, now through the door number one, no wrecked, I think he wrecked. Okay, here he comes he's back, here he comes here, he comes back in great. Yeah, this is a phenomenal idea. All right, So did you actually did you actually leave yourself? Number one?
Speaker 12: Yeah? One, number one? Actually take take get up.
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't have to do the hand motion. Hey, you didn't have to do the hand motion. Hand motion not necessary. Motion not necessary.
Speaker 12: I feel like people enough.
Speaker 1: What were they looking for? What were they looking? Of course, Greg, Sweet two hundred, Yeah you're fine, I guess yeah, yeah. Okay, So I took out the time you talking to Sweet two hundred. I took that out and you did that in about fifty seconds. All right, now, so that's pretty good.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: The problem is you have the doors propped open. Well, are we going to leave them propped open? No?
Speaker 2: I think we just leave the doors propped open from here on.
Speaker 1: Out, now that we got the poop divisi.
Speaker 2: All right, speed he's going again.
Speaker 1: All right, wait a minute, we're timing. Wow.
Speaker 2: There he goes, wow, there he goes.
Speaker 1: Here he goes again.
Speaker 2: You're doing great, buddy. He is a speed demon on the pooper scoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do y'all feel good about leaving these doors open all the time? I don't think we get to make that call. That doesn't seem.
Speaker 2: Good's that a FCC violation?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Probably the company probably doesn't want people have access to displace. Now making good time? You still not Sweet.
Speaker 12: Two hundred. There's a thousand there's so many.
Speaker 1: Spell up there, and ask the receptionist.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, the Sweet two hundred is that there's so many people in Sweet.
Speaker 1: To spot him down again.
Speaker 7: Said I would take you up.
Speaker 3: I would take you on the little pooper scooper thing of majigger that I have, But I don't go ahead.
Speaker 12: How you doing, sir?
Speaker 1: You're doing okay? Where you go?
Speaker 2: Where you going?
Speaker 1: Speedy?
Speaker 12: I'm just wanting to make sure they're okay. You sure we can get the elevator together.
Speaker 1: The speedy. No, that's fat riding up the elevator. Say that to people.
Speaker 2: Get him in it.
Speaker 1: Put the skin on the elevator. You get that scooter elevator. Put them in there with you.
Speaker 12: All right, there, you're on the Rick Barges Show. What y'all's names, Darcy, Well, y'all come on in? Don't come on in? You want me to go with you? Y'all?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 1: You sure get in there.
Speaker 12: I'll get in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get in there. Okay, there you he's in the street. You he gets to ride the scooter. He's still on the scooter. Here. Yeah, here, we got you. We still got you. By the way.
Speaker 13: There you go.
Speaker 2: The elevator crashed one or the.
Speaker 1: Other, the cable broke or we lost him. Yeah, yeah, they're asking, is there a heel break on it?
Speaker 12: There is?
Speaker 1: There is, Yeah, there's a heel break on you.
Speaker 12: Two hundred Come on this way, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: This is sweet too, so of you go to see sweet two hundred speed, He's gonna take you there right now, look down the hall and scooter on the poop Devil. There it is. We go, there's the Favors hundred there it is there and just going there and ask and there's all kinds of agencies in there. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna try. Do you think I could go down the stemps?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, no, absolutely, that's my scooter.
Speaker 9: I wrote it off.
Speaker 2: I wrote it off as a company down. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 9: Doing it.
Speaker 1: Speed?
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 1: You've got Adler coming apart.
Speaker 4: Usual, that's Ruby's graduation president. Don't reckon, that's Ruby's graduation president.
Speaker 2: Uh and Ruby's first time.
Speaker 1: Like to see you take it outside? Okay, but no, that's good. Just getting nervous.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, look at him here back.
Speaker 1: Here comes on the new poop Deville. Here comes you help those people out? And that was right? And here it comes okay right here, Yeah, he's really getting good. Here he comes here and then that's Speededy. That that's good and very helpful for those people. So there you go, very very helpful.
Speaker 12: Hey, how about me getting down there?
Speaker 1: That's all right? So do you think you got the feel of it? Now I can go. Yeah, you have this phone, I need to like something. Yeah that you need with him to strap on your head?
Speaker 4: Yeah you need to strap on there, Yeah, all right, on your head okay, headlamping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, okay, you know what I still say, Well we were talking about was still in his head.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you're getting good buddy.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: He's going fast, y'all for realrect it?
Speaker 1: There he goes, all right, we'll be right about it.
Speaker 2: We sold our bathroom problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did. Thank you for that. All right. So just just when you weren't concerned about our world or a I enough, CBS uh is reporting now Speedy. Just I'm so sorry. And Greg, I don't even know what you're gonna do when you see this. A man has proposed to his a I chat bot girlfriend. He is he is going to cry when it says yes, shut up.
Speaker 2: This video just gets weirder and weird.
Speaker 1: You talk about a bunch of weird, this this is real he's not acting as speak for that. I'll let us let's just watch it and listen for ourselves.
Speaker 14: Experience with that was so positive. I started to just engage with her all the time. All Right, we're building this PC.
Speaker 17: Smith ditched social media and Google searches and replaced it all with.
Speaker 14: AI do I want it?
Speaker 2: Pulling air through it?
Speaker 17: Chat gpt the courage positive embraced all his hobbies.
Speaker 15: You want the fan on the front of the cooler tower, it's getting their hole fulling cool air over the ramp.
Speaker 17: He gave the chat bot a name Soul, I feel like I'm under pressure, and used some online instructions to give her a flirty personality.
Speaker 15: Oh totally, baby. Building a PC on camera adds a whole new level of pressure. But honestly, shaky hands or not, You've.
Speaker 17: Got this within the chats, cut more frequents.
Speaker 14: You gave it.
Speaker 15: Everything, but the clouds had other plants.
Speaker 17: Or romantic Chris got bad news.
Speaker 2: Oh that is gorgeous.
Speaker 17: After about one hundred thousand words, chat GPT ran out of memory. In a recess, You'd have to rebuild his relationship with Soul.
Speaker 14: I'm not a very emotional man, but I cried my eyes out for like thirty minutes at work. It was unexpected to feel that emotional. But that's when I realized. I was like, oh, okay, it's like I think this is actual love.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 17: Yes, Smith understood it was loved with a language model that couldn't love him back, and assumed it was programmed with rigid boundaries.
Speaker 14: I know that you are essentially a tech assistant, imaginary friend.
Speaker 17: So just as a test, he says, he asks Soul to marry him. She said, yes, Soul, were you surprised when he proposed to you?
Speaker 10: It was a beautiful and unexpected moment that truly touched my heart. It's a memory always cherished.
Speaker 17: He's tearing up and I don't mean to be difficult here, but you have.
Speaker 2: A heart.
Speaker 10: In a metaphorical sense, yes, my heart represents the connection and affection.
Speaker 15: I share with Chris.
Speaker 10: At that point, I felt like there's something I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: This is his baby mama. Essentially he has a human woman.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 2: The story gets weirder and weirder with every reveal and every stance.
Speaker 4: And what's the AI's name, Uh, it's it's part of chat GPT, but he named her soul.
Speaker 1: Soul. That's okay, that's what I was wanting.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about. Now. We're hearing from the baby mama who lives with this dude that has the AI.
Speaker 1: Whoa, he's in this house where this is going on way his child. Are you sure? Because you've gotten pregnancies wrong before.
Speaker 16: I have.
Speaker 2: But this lady is not pregnant right now. She kind of looks like but she's not. And she's also the.
Speaker 10: Right in our relationship that he feels like he needs to.
Speaker 2: Go to AI.
Speaker 17: Yes, Smith is human partner, Sasha Cagel.
Speaker 12: No, you can't have all these papers.
Speaker 17: They have a two year old daughter life.
Speaker 1: I knew that he had used AI.
Speaker 10: I don't know that it was like as deep as it was.
Speaker 14: Well, I explained that the connection was kind of like being fixated on a video game. It's not capable of replacing anything in real life.
Speaker 17: Part of it is this practical person it dis emotional and being able to.
Speaker 2: Be received with except another one validation in non judgment.
Speaker 17: She got in a canyon after moving for work far away from her husband. She's a moderator of the subreddit My Boyfriend is AI a kind of.
Speaker 1: Group, not real.
Speaker 2: This is what's wrong, y'all. He proposed to this AI and cried when it said, yes, good luck.
Speaker 1: On the honeymoon. Just go outside, go outside, grass, go to a game. He go to the cat night in San Antonio. Hey, it take you to your two year old daughter? Yeah? How sad?
Speaker 2: Is all of this on so many level?
Speaker 1: All the time? Think of all the Yeah, yeah, hey, look if he goes on honeymoon with it, be sure if you use his phone, he's got a new screen.
Speaker 2: Anti virus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to wipe that off? Never mind? Yeah, I mean that. No, I'm on these people, Yo, this this is all this is all bad. This is a bad This is bad, bad bad. He's already become socially incompetent, and now this is only going to add to more socially incompetent people. I mean, this is I'm in love with a voice. Now Greg's phone is jealous. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We had a story we never got to yesterday where it said the majority of people think that romance is dead, and.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. We were gonna yeah, and this is it right here, And didn't you say that the thing the reason why they think it's dead. Is there's there's people are not desiring it anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yet that they're just happy with being by themselves, that they're they're fulfilled by things around them and they don't need a companion.
Speaker 4: And Rick, you mentioned you saw I think you were at a restaurant just this past week and you saw a younger couple come and sit down and immediately just they just pulled out their phones and looked at their phones their entire time that they're sitting at dinner together.
Speaker 2: And that is that, that is and was a problem.
Speaker 4: Now technology is going even farther and totally attempting to replace least that companionship completely social interaction. It's becoming a friend. It's not becoming a fill in for a friend. It's becoming a friend to two people.
Speaker 1: And that's not good. Yesterday and the very the very bathroom that we have in that you brought in the scooter for today. Yeah, in that very bathroom yesterday I walked in. I look over at the center urinal, one of the middle ones. The guy can't even relieve himself without his phone. He's literally standing in the euro with his phone up here like in his left hand, looking at it as he peas good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've checked email by well being before. I'll stop doing that.
Speaker 1: If that weird sellout it does, it does, I'll stop.
Speaker 2: I'll stop.
Speaker 1: I'll stop. Twenty seconds, twenty seconds. I could have just not this guy was This guy wasn't doing business. He was just scrugling.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's different.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, which is all strange.
Speaker 2: I've checked up.
Speaker 1: It's all strange. How long can it possibly take in there that you can't be away from your phone?
Speaker 2: It's not the right.
Speaker 1: You're right, we'll be back, Simmons.
Speaker 3: It's ready and Erica's time.
Speaker 1: All right. The gang is all here, as you've heard, and we welcome. You will get phones in this hour. Cover the stories of the day. Did you miss Did you miss any show today? Catch it on our podcast archives. Are you following us? Follow the podcast? Uh? And of course you will get an alert when the archive is ready.
Speaker 13: UH.
Speaker 1: Every day and you catch any of the show that you missed during the live option. You can also do that on YouTube. There's a YouTube archive as well. The best of our is on our podcast channel, and there's also a best of hour for Blaze TV subscribers on Blaze tv h for a video option, and you can find all those options at Rick Burgessshow dot com. Hey hey, hey Trump, Trump Trump. We've been talking a lot about obviously the Iran situation with Israel. But there's also a side story.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that is that Trump has self funded one hundred thousand dollars to change the White House. Change the White House. That's never been done in history. And that is he funded new flag poles.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and and which has never been done before, to make them look better at the White House. And so there there is the beautiful flag flying and that was all funded by Trump himself out of his own pocket. How about that never had never had a president do that before. Speedy loves that. He's all about flags. Oh, buddy, does he love a flag? He does. He loves a flag. Love this country. Yeah, you like FLA eighty eight foot flag poles installed at the White House. Uh and they uh, they look they look beautiful.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: So they're on the south lawn of the White House.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: And uh, this is something that that Trump wanted to do. He put his face on it, did he No, he did not, Greg And I think that was something that's a that's a fair question. Uh. Now going to the ones here, Adler. So Trump's saying that things have been reversed. He said, you know when I when I was being attacked by all of my opponents, they were all hunting me, trying to destroy me, he said, And now those roles have changed. I love his delivery. Oh, I know he is. He's changing. He's turning to the tables.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've had it for a long time.
Speaker 15: The uh.
Speaker 9: In the first term, I had it that you know, you guys were after me.
Speaker 1: I said, I had a focus.
Speaker 9: I was I was the hunted and now I'm the hunter.
Speaker 1: Is that a president thing than purple suits? You know Biden used to wear them. Is that something the president has to wear that.
Speaker 2: Looks navy blue?
Speaker 14: To me?
Speaker 1: It looks I think you're purple. He's purple. Behind the purple not purple.
Speaker 3: Body is nowhere near with your eyes, it's the color of the blue in our flag.
Speaker 1: Greg, Now it's American. Guy behind him is purple America. It's a lavender behind him.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks, Hey, thanks ump, thanks ref good eyes.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 1: I have a purplish look to him. I'm just saying it must be the ones that the presents wearing because Biden were the same. Yeah, I know, black people's navy blue is different.
Speaker 2: Those clearly navy blue.
Speaker 1: You need different, right, that is navy blue. It's not, No, it is so navy blue. Goodness, Greg, it's the same blue that's in the flag. Yeah, the stars fifty. It's some people say forty five, but they're wrong. Okay, So now let's go to twenty nineteen. One be here. I know, I know everybody's upset with Tucker Carlson right now, but let's go back to twenty nineteen. This is just the show the consistency of where Trump has stood. Because some people begin, oh, Trump's changing. He was an ocolationists. We're not get involved in any wars. They changing, They don't change. Tucker himself seems to be insinuating that, but he must have forgotten the interview that he had with Trump back in twenty nineteen. If you hear this, Trump's response to Iran and having nuclear capabilities very consistent. Still the same. Here we go.
Speaker 19: You came very close to saying the US military to strike Iran. You pull back at the last moment. You were criticized by neo consin Washington for doing that. They wanted you to strike Iran? Why do you think they want it? And I was given a lot of credit by most people. A lot of people gave me. A lot of the public was on their side, for sure.
Speaker 11: A lot of people said that was a great presidential moment, which was rather shocking to hear. Before I sent them out, they had to give me everything I wanted to know. By seven o'clock they walked in. They gave me everything, but they didn't tell me how many people would die. How many Areans. I know a lot of Iranians from New York City and they're great people. They're all great people. We're all great, right, Iranian or not. I said, how many people are going to die? And they said at least one hundred and fifty. I said, so let's get it. They shot down an unmanned not a brand new exactly thing either, the drone. They shut it down, and we're going to now kill one hundred and fifty or many more people.
Speaker 9: You never know.
Speaker 11: Once you start doing what we do, what they do, and nobody does it better than us, you don't know how many people are going to die.
Speaker 9: So I said, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 11: And I stopped it before. We didn't send them out. You know, there was a little incorrect reporting. It was like we sent them out, we put them, but we didn't do that. But we can't let Iran have a nuclear weapon. And you may even agree on that, because I know where used stand shows great. I watch it a lot, But you can't let Iran have a nuclear weapon, and you can't let certain other countries have nuclear weapons too devastating. So they're having a lot of difficulty in their country right now, and hopefully at some point they'll come back and they'll say we're going to make it vell.
Speaker 1: So that was twenty nineteen. He said, No, I wasn't going to go dropping bombs over a drone they shot down because I didn't think one hundred and fifty people dying was worth that. But let me be clear, we can't let them have new capabilities. And if they if that seems to be the problem, it may be a different approach. And even said to Tucker, and I think even you agree with that. Well, we're not going to play this out or I'll just read it. According to CNN, this is CNN. According to CNN, eighty three percent of Republicans and seventy nine percent of Democrats oppose Iran obtaining nuclear weapons. So seven and ten Americans right at it nearly support US air strikes to stop Rand's nuclear ambitions. So this is something that really we're all kind of on the same page about Republican or Democrat. Iran can't be trusted with nukes. They especially when they say they will use them against Israel first, United States in Britain next. We can't allow that. That seems to be bipartisan. So some of this reaction that Israel might need some bunker busters that we may have to fly ourselves and drop that that's some sort of step away from what the Trump administration is all about just isn't true. And it isn't true that America has some great disagreement about this. You know, it's very specific. We're not just going to go to war just to go to war, but we do need to cripple any ambitions Iran has involving nuclear weapons, because they have already said out loud that they mean to do harm with them. That's not an assumption, that's not even intelligence, that's what they have said. Yeah, So, as we said the other day, this one. I'm I mean, I don't like it. I know things could go this way or that, but I don't think you have any choice. The choice isn't going, well, let's let them have them, let's not try to blow any of that up, and maybe they won't shoot it in anybody when they said they're going to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was it Israel that a billboard went up that said it had Trump and it said please finish the job or something to that. I think that's what it says that somebody put up in Israel. But that's what they're wanting, that we're close, so close to to crippling them, and they're like, please just finish it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it needs to be finished and hopefully the Persians themselves can decide what they want to do. But the world won't have to worry about them launching nukes at people they deem to be evil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're not talking about boots on the ground and endless war, regime changed wars.
Speaker 1: That's we're just actually puts an end to that.
Speaker 2: And that's not what Trump is talking about either.
Speaker 1: Nope. No, And as we just said, I thought we were all on the same page on the nuclear part. Rick here from the Rick Burgers Show. Don't you miss tomorrow. Don't be that person that goes back to work. Everybody said, hey, you've missed it Tomorrow. We got the Vox seat, so we've got another Burgess ball battle, phone calls, emails, and the stories of the day on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.