Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, HECMA Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Play Lounge, come on in. Here's that time.
Speaker 3: Humh Derry hechmc Harrison is here for my Cowboys safety. Barry Church is here.
Speaker 2: Where he's mavericks hacked. Yes, sir, yes, sir. Are you excited about that NBA Cup?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I don't, you know, not get what they're going with it.
Speaker 5: You know, I get it, But I haven't been an NBA guy until the you know, the latter part of the season, till the playoffs start.
Speaker 6: That's when I start tuning in. That's how you do baseball too.
Speaker 2: World Series. I might flick out. World Series is on, there we go.
Speaker 5: Of course, the same thing with college basketball. You know it's starting until marsh Madness comes around.
Speaker 2: You know. So that's just bandwaggony.
Speaker 6: That's what I do, bandwaggony outside of football football, you know, that's that.
Speaker 2: That's what I love. Man, all levels with that. You are like most Americans man, most Americans.
Speaker 5: But now I'm gonna check a game out like in person. I'll go, you know, regular season, go check one out. But I'm not sitting there just checking it out. Less It's TNT with Charles and the crew. I'm watching the pre game. I might not even watch the game. I might just watch the pregame and then post game just to be entertained.
Speaker 2: Entertainment right there. That is that long level entertaining right there, top level. It is good stuff, man, it's good stuff. All right.
Speaker 3: Lots of ways we can go here with the show. But I thought Dak Prescott had a pretty interesting comment. Jory Epstein or you should be Dallas Morning News and the Yahoo Sports. So Jory's about with Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott came out in favor of Mike McCarthy being back as the head coach.
Speaker 2: Fresh Batch delivered, how do we see it?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: Man, Well, obviously, Prescott's you know, input on this is gonna be huge, you know, easier quarterback for the foreseeable future. So his input or input on who's going to coach his team, and you gotta take it, you know, you gotta take that input from him. But to me, it's tough, man, because just a couple of weeks ago, you know, before this mini win streak was going on, you had players talking about the head coach, talking about the work he puts in. Yeah, your head defensive player, maybe the best player on your team, was talking about the work ethic of a one Mike McCarthy. Then you go on the offensive side of the football, your best player so far the season on the offensive side of the football, a least the skilled position wise, City Lamb talking about your creativity and how does you know this offense seeming stagnant. So you had two of your best players out there talking about the head coach, and then you go on a mini win streak and then everything is all good again, and you know, we want the guy back.
Speaker 2: And I understand, you know, Dak got love for the.
Speaker 5: Head coach and if he wants them to stay, that's a big that's a big time endorsement. But I don't know, as soon as you're losing another game, is somebody else gonna come out and say something about Mike. Yeah, and then and then we back to square one. So that's a huge endorsement from your from your quarterbacks. He's the leader of this team, and he's gonna be there for the foreseeable future. But I think you gotta, you know, put all things into account before you go ahead and sign Big Mike back.
Speaker 2: No y'all want to hear what you got to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, spot, I think that Dak Prescott has always been a very good person at playing the playing the game from a political standpoint, and so whatever you say, it's used against you, right, which said can he use against you? So you come out, first off, Mike helped you get a sixty million dollar year contry. He did not come out and say something positive about the man. He did do that, Okay, So so you owe him that a little bit of gratitude. But if you have any questions about hey man, maybe he's change to do that, that's not something you take public because he's got the back line of Jerry. So to me, you've got to do what he did. I'm not saying I would believe him, but that's what you're supposed to do as the leader of the team. You don't need to be creating anyways. Whatever Jerry does. You know, Jerry gonna call you anyway. Jerry's not going to Jerry's not going to hire anybody who does not believe in number four getting at a job, you simply cannot have a job. So what I heard him say yesterday was what I expected Dak Prescott to say. I like Mike McCarthy, I want Mike McCarthy back. That's what I expect him to say. I'm not saying I don't believe him, but that who is, That is who he is. Dak is not a guy like Aaron Rodger's gonna sit up and say some that's not him. He's not about to rock the boat. It's not your boy. Justin Fields last year was calling out the Bears coaches.
Speaker 2: Not that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: So when I heard him, like, that's on brand for Dak Prescott and whatever Dak has to say, that's anything other than just the right thing is, He's going to go ahead and take it to Jerry. Look, Troy Aikman did not like Chang Gayla. But you didn't hear troyan shooting a blasting Chan Gailey out front. He never said it. He said it behind the scenes. All players have certain issues. And by the way, what you said about Michael Parsons, Mike, he tried to clean it up and he said, Man, I didn't speak properly about Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: But he's just emotional.
Speaker 3: But he said, I was emotional, But I but I do take Mike at his word as he had time to sit about his broadcast and then when he's talking to the media guys and there, I didn't meet it in that fast because I'm a player's guy, because I believe in the players, and it's about the players and not coach players.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the players.
Speaker 5: Could he have said, you know, it's above my pay grade, that's not mine. I don't know that he could have said that. He could have, but I guess what you just said.
Speaker 6: Do you believe that what Dak is saying lacks sincerity from his point of view as a quarterback, or you think that he's towing the line as the company man face of the franchise. That's what he's supposed to say. It's on brand with what Dak says when he does that number one.
Speaker 2: On brand.
Speaker 3: But dude, I mean, heckman, if you were my coach and you helped me get get me sixty million dollars, I'm gonna sit up here and cut for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, But in the same breath to say that you say that, can it be a working relationship between them two and Dak saying basically, this offense works for me because this last season we can go all we can go off of is what happened last season to get you in position to get that contract.
Speaker 2: So I guess we're the mixed messages.
Speaker 7: For me.
Speaker 6: Kind of confusing is when Dak says something to endorse, Mike is like, Oh, that's that's just Dak. That's just Dak. Dak says all the right things, but he can't just come out and say that's my man, Like, let's let's give him more to be successful with. When everybody at the beginning of the season was talking about the talent of this roster and feeling like Mike was being set up to fail. But you don't feel like that anymore because it's like, we just move on to do something different. The disrespect of Mike McCarthy from the beginning of the season to where we are right now is epic for the people, for the people that won't step out of line and say, have you ever seen a guy be stripped down?
Speaker 2: You know what's worrying about. Have you ever seen a.
Speaker 6: Guy be stripped down the way that he was from talent on this roster that might go into the front office. No, go into Jerry's office and say, hey Jerry, we need Sakwan. Hey hey Jered, I need to get Derrick Henry. Now we're gonna get your Zeke. Right. Don't come on, I don't mean it like that.
Speaker 2: I don't mean it like that. I don't mean it like that. I don't mean it like that. I don't mean it like that, guys, because what I'm talking about, NA what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Because what I'm saying those things were feel there for Mike, just like when he got the John Kellen Moore was a part of the furniture. When he got there, he didn't pick his own oc and look, and jokingly, I say, Mike McCarthy is the perfect middle man, the perfect middle man because of what he was groomed to be in Green Bay. He didn't pick his own groceries in Green Bay. He had to deal with what he had at Green Bay. Would tell for Ted.
Speaker 2: Thompson that was the same book that was written for him there.
Speaker 6: So look, my thing is this when Dak comes out and says that this is my guy and he endorses him. I think he's talking from like he's being sincere, he's being serious when he says that that that's my guy. I would like to hit for him to get the opportunity to stack the coupboard, to make some picks, you know, maybe bring in some coaches, do something different with this roster that wasn't presented to him when he started.
Speaker 3: Now to further to what you said, he's always been consistent about Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's always been consistent. I like Mike. That's Mike. He's always been consistent there.
Speaker 3: But I'm just when asked the question, I just truly there's no there's no other lane to go down.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying I don't believe him.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, Dak Prescott, that's the only lane you can go down right now, the only and you do, in my opinion, you do. Oh that man the cut for him. From the standpoint we you went from being a dude who led league and picks to a dude who led league and touchdown passes, made second team ball Pro, and you got to contract me the highest dude around. I would like to think that you no matter how you felt, hey, man, let me, let me try to.
Speaker 2: Help you get your bag.
Speaker 3: He's got very little juice in terms of what Jerry's gonna do. Jerry's gonna do what Jerry wants to do because he's the owner in the general manager.
Speaker 2: He always does. Dak has, Yeah, Dak has Jared, Jerry'll take his opinion. Hey what did you say that? What?
Speaker 3: Jerry's always taking opinions. But at the end of the day, Jerry's gonna do He's gonna do. And as we've kind of talked about on this show, if you bring Mike McCarthy back, it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be for multiple years. Yes, it will.
Speaker 3: That dude's not coming back on a one year two years like like some franchise tad.
Speaker 2: We're gonna franchise and.
Speaker 3: Coach running back and that that is how we how the Cowboys in the season. I've said this consistently people and all of us have had our friends say what do you think will happen? I said, how the season ends will determine what Jerry does. Either way, whether your last two games are against Philadelphia Washington, how do you end the year, It's gonna be dictated on what he does.
Speaker 6: Wow, so I mean, you're still like, there's still more runway for Mike Ford imminently for a decision to be made as to whether he's retained.
Speaker 2: Both ways, really both of Jerry's emotional.
Speaker 6: So we get this emotional because we wouldn't even entertain this conversation, like you were just saying, two weeks ago, it wasn't even a conversation to be entertained. But now all of a sudden, you listen to prescottin hear what he's saying. He's like, oh, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: It was funny because Clarence Clarence when we're talking to meet him, but she said if they went Monday night, he said, Jerry gonna come out there proud of the peacock.
Speaker 2: You all you all wrote a song you are I mean, And that's that's Jerry. He can ama.
Speaker 3: As many times as I thought Jason Garrett was gonna get walked to the gallows, he kept coming back.
Speaker 8: This dude like resputing and Jerry kept saving it, and I thought, hey, hey, what what's that?
Speaker 2: But what is this again?
Speaker 3: So could he do that same Jason Garrett Thattrick Drake and make it it was really you?
Speaker 6: That's a hell of a s you you you said, Zeke, we ended up w Rico.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush one three game wish. I mean, dude, there's a way.
Speaker 3: That there is a way that I could conceivably see Mike, because you heard Jerry's the rails with super Bowl winning coach. I can see him that whole He even he shoot himself for Jared, Get Jerry, get Hie's own product too.
Speaker 6: Now the pack here you on his own product too? Oh my god, what Biggie said? So heck, that's why I say.
Speaker 2: I've told.
Speaker 3: Are they losing an embarrassing fashion towards the end? Then that could be that could be like, hey, man, I can't do it, and then the fan like I ain't buying it no more.
Speaker 2: Or if they go at the end, I see see.
Speaker 5: Man, they're gonna play against the Philly team, rest in the starters and then.
Speaker 2: Who knows what the commanders and who knows who knows? I just wow, they gonna run it back another four.
Speaker 3: Now you need to beat Joe Burrow on Monday, which you need to do that.
Speaker 2: Vegas got your six point dog.
Speaker 3: But Jerry, Jerry, Jerry is an emotional guy, man, I'm telling you dude, I'd have bet twice. I'd have bet. I'd have bet big money. Gone Like, do you know how they do? Those? Those those you can bet on the odds as we get odds on the man, I don't bet, but why the stacks on it? But he can't, he can't say eight and eight again, you're no there he is backprint t shirts.
Speaker 2: This is wow.
Speaker 6: That crazy thing about it is two weeks ago. I thought it was a far gone conclusion and nobody was even even when you want to entertain it, have a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: Now not gonna happen.
Speaker 6: And and most of the time in this in this arena, when somebody's dug in media wise on the subject, it's because they have first head knowledge.
Speaker 2: They got first head knowledge.
Speaker 6: So you can waste your time with that all you want to, because we know now everybody's back to square one on this, whether you bring him back or not. And I'm I'm shocked, confused, I'm shocked because that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here it is. Now here comes Michael Parson's back. Oh okay, you see Michael making a different Cooks catches a touchdown. Bland is back playing good your beat. Washington those kind of when you're an emotional guy like Jerry, who, by.
Speaker 2: The way, doesn't like change. Jason Garrett proved it didn't like change man, and.
Speaker 3: Then the way he flipped it here got on that wind streak he got.
Speaker 6: So you get on the wind streak because you get guys back healthy your team, you have guys coming back to certa.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at what Deron Bland.
Speaker 6: Has done since he's been back, even in the Washington game, if he didn't have a pick or any of that, the way that he impacked that game, they didn't even throw over there. This last game against the Giants, the same thing. What the Bengals are gonna do? I think I'm very curious to know, because I know Joe Burrow is gonna test him. He gonna go at him because he doesn't duck anybody. But if he goes over there and he gets picked off, he ain't going back.
Speaker 2: So he ain't going back.
Speaker 6: But you've gotten guys back healthy and your team looks different. You've allowed for Zach Martin to go and get health and oh, by the way, the piece that you brought in is actually contributing to your offensive line.
Speaker 3: To stay there hacking if you are Mike McCarthy and it's you and Jerry that office up there, maybe I'm bringing all that up there. Hey, you saw what happened when I got my people back a little bit. I deserve another shot, Jerry, if you're honest with yourself, did you really help me on another floor?
Speaker 2: Did you help You sold me on Zeke you sold it. I need it.
Speaker 3: I needed Derek hen, I need a I mean you just if you get in there and you catch your mighty everybody can be twisted.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Jason Garrett made it, made a tradition like no other.
Speaker 8: I just how many, how many, how many? Remember how many assistant coaches Jason went through, kept.
Speaker 3: Going through that. That means you was up there with Jerry. You was spinning, he was resputing, and you look at that magic trick. It was it was him, you know, I just man.
Speaker 2: You know so so could that happen? It could.
Speaker 3: We got to see how December goes. But don't be shot because he's.
Speaker 2: On the radio. He's already laying the groundwork. If he wanted to bring it back, he could.
Speaker 6: May want to say that Jerry says, don't believe nothing that I said.
Speaker 2: Just as I said, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Just go back to something you had said back in like I don't know March or whatever when you were talking.
Speaker 2: I believe it was Todd Archer.
Speaker 5: He told you the reason McCarthy was brought in here was to get past what Jason Carrey couldn't do, which was get pasted at the divisional round. Yes, and the man has plenty of opportunities. He had his players all pros, the most all pros on any team. I believe it was like the past two years or something like that, and he hasn't been able to get past that level. And now it's just wild to me that he could go out there and maybe don't go eight nine or finish above five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed the place.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what in the contract get you know the hardest thing to do is to put your pet down? Oh yeah, what the hardest thing to put your pet down?
Speaker 2: That's wow.
Speaker 3: Jerry becomes close with these coaches, man, and in my time of covering, it's hard. It's hard for Jerry to go ahead and old Jason out.
Speaker 2: There the gallows. What an analogy.
Speaker 3: He's still crying about Wavefields.
Speaker 2: I wish I wanted to say to the gallows. I still regret that man. This man still tell you how he died. I made a mistake. I was I had have done it. Then he crying up there, all staying about Jimmy. I don't know why up. I mean, that's so so I'm telling you, man, Jerry showing you man, he can't put that dog down. That's Marry.
Speaker 6: You feel like you honestly feel like we're for you. When you look at the landscape of NFL coaches, you're saying change is imminent.
Speaker 2: I would have assumed, okay, But the way around, that's true.
Speaker 5: They did switch him up, like the trumped the switch him up quick.
Speaker 2: When the AFC champions, that man was fired.
Speaker 6: I mean, but none of those other things, None of those twelve and five seasons mean anything to you. None of the injuries at any point does that mean? But then I go back to what knew.
Speaker 2: He was telling me. Yeah, like that's why you were bought in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like regular season cool. You were brought here to take this team to the next level. Get past the division I ain't even talking about super Bowl. Just get past the divisional that's what you were brought here to do. I mean, that's what he was brought and he has yet to be able to do that. I understand this year a lot of injuries, but the previous three twelve and five, twelve and five twelve and five. What happens in the playoffs? So and it ain't like the playoffs close win here and there and last and last January would have been the time to do it if you wanted to hold defeat.
Speaker 2: I say, hey, man, you know what brought you in to go better?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Now we got blued outload out. The youngest team in the league, blu I came in here and blew out.
Speaker 3: But he said, running back, he didn't know, no contract for you, no contract for this that he didn't give him all the help that he could have given him. So does he have guilt? Does he say, man, you came up at the end, he did this with that part of it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: The youngest team in the league came in here and they because what your achilles here was was what they had. They had a running game that they could come in and everybody that you lost to last season had one thing in common. They could run the ball on you, and they did it religiously. And they came into this season doing the same thing that just changed about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they just passed the blueprint and here you go, here you got it.
Speaker 7: Run.
Speaker 3: They can't run on me. I mean that's how everybody just passed the blueprint around. So but really I do believe it's it's we gotta play out. I know it's a thing I said before, But we gotta let it play out because how it plays out will determine.
Speaker 2: I know for a fact, Jerry ticked off. He should have been. He should have been he should have tore up that whole suite that was that bad.
Speaker 3: And somewhere along the way he got talked down, talk down, let his anger.
Speaker 2: See he thought he was going to strip everything down after that.
Speaker 3: It felt that way from talking to some folks in the building about look where he was not but this is what he did.
Speaker 2: So I said, got to see what happens in December.
Speaker 3: See what hey, Look, if it's a losing December, then then Mike's chances to stand here don't look good. If somehow they have a winning December and it gets the game, oh man could could if I had this and had it, he could because I saw him do with Jason if Cooper Rush goes out there and beats Joe Burrow, but.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush has already beat Joe Burrow before.
Speaker 3: Come on we talk.
Speaker 2: I heard you said it on the show.
Speaker 3: It's so many ways because that's where it comes. And a man's like, the coach is gonna be held accountable. Then a man say it just because I say it, don't make it.
Speaker 2: So he's everywhere. Wow, which makes it entertaining. All right. This show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 3: When we come back, who are some free agents that the Cowboys need to bring back? Because they got a truckload of guys who are going to be free agents after the season.
Speaker 7: We'll do it.
Speaker 2: Heck Maharrison, Barry Church.
Speaker 3: On NEWI skirtch This is the players Lounge on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Doc Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prus Scott keets It slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie. Incrypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 4: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the holiday season at AT and T Stadium. Get your tours of the home of the Dallas Cowboys, plus your photo taken with Santa and Missus Claus from December tenth through the fourteenth. Limited inventory is available. Secure tickets today at at and T Stadium dot com slash Tours.
Speaker 3: Jak Maharrison appreciate that dotch he is in the player's lousdes Brought to you by Aristocrats so is Bury Church for the Cowboys safety name, and he scritched this is.
Speaker 2: The player is loud.
Speaker 3: Okay, a lot of free agents, but the Cowboys after the season, I mean a lot a lot of dudes.
Speaker 2: Free free the question.
Speaker 3: So, for the purpose of this exercise, I'm going to ask, who's one free agent you want back? Who's a free agent they cannot let get out of the building. Who's somebody that you say, man, we may even throw the tag on it because we cannot let the person get out.
Speaker 2: Of the building. Yes, yes, yes, you got to give me some names because I don't.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a name. Okay, a guy I cannot let get out of the buildings. Jordan Lewis, cornerback in this league. He's a good, good slot guy. You just can't have enough corners. Can have enough corners, like you can't have enough pictures in baseball. You need them. And in this division, division where they got some players and they're going to keep getting them. And this is a division where I got Jay Daniels quarterback of Washington, who knows who the Giants school get? And I got a Super Bowl quarterback in Jalen Hurts, who's got some weapons. I need corners. So Bland is coming back, He'll go into the final year of free agency for him. Diggs is coming back. Both gentlemen have had injuries. I want Jordan Lewis back if I'm the Capitals.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's Coop that left free agent, Trey Lance free. Give me Coop. Give me Coop back.
Speaker 5: Give me Coop back on a similar deal. You understand what he brings to the table. You know, if you have your whole onslaught of players and it was just Prescott that had missed, I'm sure this team would be a lot better as well, because we saw what Cooper Rush could do when he had his full onslaught of players. Four and one out there, all right, So give me Cooper Rush back. Brand what's his name? Anger the punter? Right, bring that man back too, for sure? That man is a Coffin corner specialist, flips the field. You got one of the best kicking units in the National Football League when you talk about Aubrey, when you talk about the kicker as well, bring us that group back, all right?
Speaker 2: That those are two for me? Off the rip. I'm not sure about Ole Diggiz.
Speaker 6: Damn Manure because a controversy.
Speaker 5: He's one of these guys that you know. Towards the latter part of the season, he's starting to come alive a little bit. He's starting to make some plays in there. But is he a flash player or is he consistent? Can he be a consistent dominant guy in the trenches. We've seen flashes where he can go in there. Man, he's look good, ninety seven look good. But then we also seen games where he gets put out the club.
Speaker 6: So about value, no white teas, but we've seen those type of instances.
Speaker 2: Club.
Speaker 5: We've seen that, but we've also seen him be dominant in specific games Washington, New York to come to mind, he passed two games. So I'm not so sure on Diggizu up. But bring me to punt him and bring me back up. A matter of fact, it's Hoffman up so on too.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I gotta have him, better to have him. Yeah, I'm taking them off. Took them off.
Speaker 3: There's one hanging out there that I didn't mention, but I had to pick once. I went with Lewis. But I got my number. I got my number two sitting up been here right now.
Speaker 2: So who is your number two?
Speaker 3: Cavante Turpin? Yeah, he's going to make the Pro Bowl. He's a difference maker. I am one of those people that believes that three the three phases mattering games. And Cavante Turpin is a guy that I know Bill Belichick has a high regard for and Bones Fossil has a high regard for. I still believe they haven't gotten enough usage out of him from an offensive standpoint.
Speaker 2: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: So to me, I look at uh Cavante Turpin is being a key piece that they need to expand his.
Speaker 6: Game, not one of the poke holes in what you guys are saying, but just looking at Jordan Lewis, I believe Jordan Lewis had a great year, has had great years where he's been a guy that stayed healthy when he when healthy, He's been tough for you as a nickel. It's hard to find Nichols as you've talked about in the NFL, but you've also seen where they've been able to develop guys. He saw Josh Butler who just with the ACL deal, what type of comeback can he make? Kayln Carson hadn't had his best performance with the other b kem On Hall, Guys like that that have come on that you believe in in that cornerback room as well.
Speaker 2: Al Harris has brought some guys on.
Speaker 6: I believe that when you look at d ron Bland, even though he's been great as an outside corner, one of the things that makes him so versatile is his ability to drop down in a nickel. So I mean you still have a little leeway there when you start talking about Jordan Lewis and whether you I don't think you tag him by any means or anything like that, But I'm just saying like his value may be in development of some of your other guys.
Speaker 2: I like j Lou.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me just go ahead and say that Cavante Turpin, look, I think for him as a special teams gadget guy.
Speaker 2: For me, I love what he's doing.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of people out there that think that he needs to be into the passing game a lot more. Okay, okay, but see, we know that, we know that there's a lot of people that don't know that, right, So that's where I'm at. But Osa Diggy Zoolo, for me, is the one guy that I'm saying to myself, I got I believe you can get me more. You're not as enigmatic as they're trying to make you out to be. I think you can honestly be a guy. How many good three techs? I mean, then that's not a lot of them in the league anymore. And with the Cowboys, you question that even in this draft because they need a three technique bad. I don't care who they keep free agent wise, I don't care who they let go. They got to go into this draft and get a three technique. You gotta get a defensive tackle. Hell, you got to get a one a one tech two, right, So all you gotta all of those things. But you know, and there are a lot of people that say, oh, man, the Cowboys keep winning. Man, you're dropping down in the draft. I don't care what whatever you do in this draft. You got to go and get the best defensive lineman that they have and also the best offensive lineman in those later hands down, you gotta find it. You can talk to about wide receives. You can give me offensive and defensive lineman in this.
Speaker 2: Draft, y'all y'all bringing d Law back? No, No, I can't do. Kendricks can't do. Who's your coaching staff? That's true?
Speaker 3: What defense are you running? I mean that's that that would go to my same thing about a OSA. What's my defense? Who's my defensive coordinator? That that's going to be a play play part there. I'm not with Jorge Lewis. Jordan Lewis has shown you he can play any defenses he's been here and by the way, guard slots in this league, you need that. But the talking about the deal, I'm with you one hundred. This has been a problem for this team for the last four years. They have not addressed it enough in my opinion. But where does also Adiggy Zoo fall in the from agent mark? Is he gonna cost you a lot of money? Is he get to the point where you look last year with Arms with Armstrong, you like the player, but Washington came with a good dollar number, or even be otish. You like the player, but you ain't like him at ten million? How is Osa out there? What's your comfortability level when you say, hey, man, am I better off trying to load up here with a couple of guys or do I go there? I mean that that to me is the because he's, like you said, he's got some talent. Somebody would we be shocked if he went somewhere else and was able to make some plays. And I'm not When I look at sa Quan you say, look at what this man could do with a healthy offensive line and some other weapons around him, where they just kept circle on him. What if you put Osa on a line where there's some more There's more Pro Bowl talent right there on that d at the detacle position.
Speaker 6: That one technique has to be double team. You have to make sure this guy is not disrupted so that frees him up on the one on one. But that's the same argument that you get for Michael Parsons, because that's what defenses have to do. I'm looking, here's the thing. If Olsa outprices himself, I thank him for services. We don't fight, okay, because what I gotta do anyway is in undrafted free agents. I got to bring in defensive tackles. He's going to be competing anyway when he comes back, all right. So that's what I'm saying. And I want to take back what I said about Eric Kendrick because I feel like he's one of those pieces for the young guys. You see the influence that he's had on Overshaw. You see the influence that he's having on marsh Leo file. Like, you talk about guys that when you were coming into the league that were impressions on you. And I don't think what he does as a middle linebacker stopping those guys from getting reps. So as long as he's not doing that, I'm okay with bringing him back. You know that when he comes back, he's gonna have some durability issues. He's gonna miss about three games out of the season. You can live with that.
Speaker 3: That's one of those where I go to what's my coordinator on like when DQ has certain kind of guys he wanted, Zim has certain kind of guys you wanted. That's to be where Eric Kendricks falls into it. I got to see who's my who's my coordinator, and what's his comfortability level. Can remember at the end of Greg Ellis's career and Zim was coordinator, Zim loved Greg because you're like, you know what, he's dependable, I know what he's going to do. And I think Kendrick is the same way for a guy like Zim, right, he knows you know, Zim likes guys like that. So if Zimmer's back here, then yeah, you want to entertain having Kendricks back, But if he's not, then maybe he doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: That's true, and.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's that whole dichotomy is some of these some of these players, how do they fit in your skime? But for me, Lewis can play for anybody. He can, he could put Turpin can play for anybody. You know, those kind of guys right there helping him fit. But yeah, price is always this crazy thing when you talk about free agency. And I mean, dude, I like Byron Jones, but when he got that contract for the dollars, you can't you can't mass.
Speaker 2: That price yourself out right right there. You go, Come up, you're not a ten million dollar player.
Speaker 3: Now he's been a ten million dollar to play for one Washington, but he wasn't a ten million dollar player here. All right, let's get our final break in here. This guy we were talking about as a bust.
Speaker 2: Is he off the bus list?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think it is. We gotta come back in place spot gaming on Dallas. Cowboy I leave now. Hey, Danny mccraige, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 7: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official Cooler and Drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on Boss.
Speaker 4: Raising Kanes present the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loude.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty five NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you. Cash your ballot for the twenty twenty five Pro Bowl Games. Vote and send your favorite Dallas Cowboy players to them to compete in the ultimate AFC Versus NFC showdown this February. Vote now at Pro bowl dot com slash thank you.
Speaker 3: Heck my Harrison players brought to you by Aristocratyl.
Speaker 2: Bookie will not Hey you already.
Speaker 6: That's how good good buddy Blood's wrong.
Speaker 3: I stand up there on that cross chant start stop, stands over, it's over over all over.
Speaker 2: It was all a dream. It was all a dream, man, I knew Scruggs. That's very ture down cowboy safety. All right. So this player was trending on the bus list.
Speaker 3: You're like bus bus el bustos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who you got, man?
Speaker 3: But the past three games, the past three games, man tighty and Luke's schoonmaker, not a bust. Go back to the Houston game three weeks ago, Withers went out six catches fifty six yards Washington three catches fifty five yards and a touchdown. And then last week against the Giants on Thanksgiving Day, five catches thirty three.
Speaker 6: She was about to jump out. Nobody you ragged off.
Speaker 2: Special Michigan man. Look school Maker he had in the first half.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie you all right, Look Schoolmaker, I mean, what was schooning not looking like a bus.
Speaker 2: He he was in line.
Speaker 6: He was in line for that and especially the production at the beginning of the season when y'all were talking about him in his reps that he's got. I mean, what's my man spanan Ford spa forward? He did jump right over that man. I mean, it was happening. And then that's how it happened. You get your opportunities. Guys go down, another guy gets an opportunity to step up. Schoolmakers made the best of this opportunity. Blocking wise, catching wise, I mean he's fieled it nicely and nah man not looking so bustish.
Speaker 2: He ain't looking buzzes.
Speaker 5: Because when you look at the tape and look at these past games that Ferguson has missed, this offense has a missed be and it's actually gotten an uptick from the tight end position when you talk about what Schoolmaker's been able to do in the pass game. So to me, the one area that was a concern to him was his ability to block, and he's gotten better at that.
Speaker 2: You've seen the runs that Rico Doddald's been able to produce.
Speaker 5: He's been a part of that officive line blocking, so he's taking the most of his opportunities.
Speaker 2: And to me, this is why I.
Speaker 5: Never won to miss game, not one game, because Kyle never could be confusing that this is a business at the end of the day, and you might be cool with everybody in the locker room, that might be a boy over there, but I'm not about to give you a chance to slide up on what I already got. And that that has been my mindset from the beginning, like we're all cool, we're going for the same goal.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, I got to put food on my plate.
Speaker 5: So I never wanted to miss an opportunity, whether it's practice, especially being undrafted, whether it's practice, whether it's in the meeting room.
Speaker 6: I was not missing nothing. How did you get put on the exactly somebody missed? Somebody missed My guy, Pat Watkins was here.
Speaker 5: He missed all of ot That was my guy, one of the leaders in the safety room. But he missed all OTA's missed, you know, half a training camp. I slid in there and these couple of reps got a couple of players. Next thing you know, they rotating. It went on from there. But telling you a Matt, you know, you don't want to miss an opportunity out here, especially when you got a young, hungry guy underneath you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: So Bill Parcells had the great line, you don't leave a huddle because you don't know who's coming.
Speaker 5: In fact, all church you want to breathe, No, I ain't going nowhere went out.
Speaker 2: Some guy named Brady Winning.
Speaker 3: Never seen him, Drew Bledsoe went out Romo Winning, never seen anything, turned in retirement papers and got got.
Speaker 2: The wine business. Tony went out, Yeah, that's that's the business. Keen Kellen went out and that yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, this this, this is this is the business.
Speaker 2: This is the business.
Speaker 3: But Jake Ferguson, Uh McCarthy spoke earlier in the week said, you know what, he looks good.
Speaker 2: He's McCarthy.
Speaker 3: And I asked the question about Schooney and he said, schoolmaker does all the work. He's like, he comes in early, he's in the films. He says, he does the work.
Speaker 2: So for him.
Speaker 3: He said it was really a matter of all of the work he's been doing and then finally getting the result. Kind of like you go to the gym and you think you don't se any results and things are going away, and then one day, boom, there's exponential go bamu there.
Speaker 2: So Schooney.
Speaker 3: Scooney is no longer my opinion, the bust that he was looking in trending would be.
Speaker 6: Crazy for a guy to be on the brink and he have a bad attitude and not be the guy that's working as hard as the next guy, and then he get the opportunity and he's not ready for how many times have you seen that happen in sports? Guy sitting there pouting about his opportunities and his reps, and then he gets an opportunity, doesn't take advantage of him. I'm just saying, you've seen it. You've seen it happen to a lot of guys. And Schoolmaker again, he could have been making waves in the media. I know he doesn't seem like that kind of personality as a person anyway, but still staying patient, waiting for his moment, not even listening to the naysayers, and right now even Jake Ferguson, he's coming back from a concussion.
Speaker 2: He's you need him.
Speaker 6: Even with the successes you had these last couple of games, I think this wide receiver group you still need somebody.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: You're still not getting the production that you need out there. And I'm telling you, if I'm Cooper, if I'm rush like, bring Ferguson back asap. I know the rest of these guys are good, but what you get from Ferguson is a lot more than what you get from Luke Schoolmaker. And I mean it's just apparent in the production. Okay, Ferguson hasn't half the year that that we wanted him to have. Okay, no, no, no, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: That's to tell you he's gonna be. I got, I got, I got a hundred Look you, I got you wearing ferd.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's tough, right, tough.
Speaker 3: So we got to get the port.
Speaker 6: I said, whoa hold on, hold on that ship. That's that's jumping out the cake. I did that. I did that. Come on, come on, Jake, come on, Jake.
Speaker 13: Biggie and Vicki and Pot Burk Biggie Pot Show berk biggie pot.
Speaker 2: Well, you ain't gonna live it. They won't let you live it down out you want to.
Speaker 6: Forget about it. The players left, don't get remember the Book of integrity. Hey man, will burn you every time it has burned you with somebody in the in the Scrubts house, Go.
Speaker 2: Burn burn that. Get rid of it. Something starting new. Hey man, look we all can massive dude climb me on two. I had I have opposed a little picture of my Pembroke coup. He said to say, trustee on it.
Speaker 14: Wow, you don't forget that took you a minute. You have to put your phone down.
Speaker 2: Did like maybe go to the Bible? Man say that?
Speaker 6: Oh you send them script, I said, and then I read it myself. Okay, let me put this phone down. That's what I know. New it cussing you see your script man really.
Speaker 2: Cats wild.
Speaker 3: But but also say man, people people the podcast catching on because that ain't been but it's been a minute, and Danny roll roll that on.
Speaker 2: It's been a grip. That was early.
Speaker 3: That was that was waved many time on the Jersey Trust.
Speaker 2: Trust by Russell. That was the whole episode.
Speaker 7: Whole.
Speaker 2: It was the old school you're crazy sport, because that was a whole episode. It was just it was multiple. That was was dog on. That was like a season.
Speaker 3: Trustee on season in the ice in the light thing about that's what missed.
Speaker 2: That's what he would. He go, He's gonna find some things, man, He's gonna put some hot So that was that was clean. The Brahma bus he talking about the brother I didn't know. I'm about to get him signed to. I'm about to get this.
Speaker 3: I got right there in the closet waiting for the Rock to come back. Girl work over there. The uf L like, let me know when Dwayne's back in town. So I'm gonna take him over and sign.
Speaker 2: That's right, sign final New Rock. Don't get your Broma signed, let it go. I'm gonna get him signed. Collected. Collect collect these, collect these bromas. It's time to go. Thank you Heckman Harrison, Thank you Barry Church.
Speaker 3: I knew hopefully you were entertained by the Players Lounge, brought to you by Richter Prackt Gaming for Christ.
Speaker 2: Jazz, Josh and everybody that makes nothing. I'll kill you man. We got I get out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club