Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yo, Day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick. It's always good to hang out in the man cave.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody? What's up? Rich?
Speaker 4: Is Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, Joel Joel on the xylophones, on the ones and twos. Of course we got Bershiy Bursch on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Nick coopetr update spot on the videos. It's a whole squad here, got a whole squad of mutants from Table nine. Mutants from Table nine to hang out with us every day again and Rich and if you want to check us out, yeah, at Covino and Rich to chime in or call us eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We have lots to talk about today. O. J. Simpson way back on a Wednesday. OJ oh wow, some OJ to start off the morning.
Speaker 4: We'll get the him.
Speaker 2: Also the times in the sports world when you were just so wrong.
Speaker 4: ASONI style, I was wrong.
Speaker 2: There's a clip floating around about Patrick Mahomes that I find hilarious. So we'll talk about when you were just dead wrong. Also the idea of a hall pass with your wife or girlfriend is a social media clip that's floating around. We have to tackle a little bit. So we'll get to all that coming up within the hour. So here on not sports Radio. But I hope you had a great Tuesday night. I hope you're coming up on The Bachelor, watched something good, maybe went out and had a drink, a taco or something on a Tuesday night. But a question, just random question to start the day, because it's on my mind every day. You wake up and you're like, all right, what's son the agenda today? Oh, I hope I have anything to do for me A guy like me, I don't want any dots on my calendar. I want no plans. I want to do my job, go home, and not be bothered. It's like a big contradiction to know Steve Cavino is to know that he's always talking about wanting to do big things.
Speaker 4: Let's do this, let's do that.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, Seed, I just said, I don't want to be bothered with you know, other plans. I want to relax, put my feet up and watch the morning show on Apple TV.
Speaker 4: You don't want dots on your calendar, but you want big things.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they don't go hand in hand. No, they're separate. So I woke up today and I said, oh, gotta do Dan Patrick.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: After that, when we do our Patreon, I'm just gonna relax.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, ah hmm.
Speaker 2: This is an old school way back on a Wednesday, you make the call.
Speaker 4: I just want some help. I'm the friend the need today.
Speaker 2: You make the call or John Kenyonis, what would you do that? So when you're driving to work right now, I want you to hear me out wherever you are, whoever you are, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, if you're listening in the future on the podcast, if you're listening on our affiliates, shout out to the affiliates. We appreciate you. So my sister's in town. Okay, sisters in town. She's rarely in town. By the way, every time a weird scenario happens in a public place, I do have the thought of what if I'm being tested by John Kenyonis and I would and I don't interrupt and do the right thing. Here's I'll be the guy on ABC that everyone's like he didn't stick up for the you know, the random person. We're assuming that everybody knows that John Keynyona's show where they set up a scenario just to see how you react. If I ever feel that way, I just look around and I see I look for two things. Cameras, lighting and John Kyinyona's giant melon is Thornton melon because he can't hide that head of his man. That guy's got a noggin. He's the noggin boss. So soh sisters in town. She's rarely in town. It's important to the story. Okay, you know we're from New Jersey and New York. We're from the East Coast, but we live out here in La. Sister came to La with her daughter and she's taking my daughter, my teenage daughter, my teenage pain in the ass, and my other nieces and nephews. They're going to Disneyland today. Okay, might be a good day because that a little bit of rain. Oh yeah, it might keep the crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They rescheduled because of all the rain. So they're going today and it's sort of her last day here. Now here's my Fox Sports radio conundrum. Here's the pickl on man. I want to go home after this show three hours of awesome, and then we do our Patreon for two hours. So we still do another show, Covino and Rich Unleashed and uncensoredch that's on patreon dot com slash Covino and Rich.
Speaker 4: So another two hours.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking, Okay, when all's said and done and we're mentally drained and I'm out of words and nothing to say, and I'm decompressing, and I'm wanting to go home. Do I then take a trip in the traffic and spend about one hundred and ninety dollars on a ticket to meet my sister, my sisters, their kids, and my kid in Disneyland. If you don't got to tell you, if you don't do it, yeah, you're gonna look back and be like, what a lazy piece of crap I Or I'm getting off cheap and they're taking my kid and they're doing all the work because Uncle.
Speaker 4: Steve's working right now, Like I got off easy. I don't have to be called Steve needs to create memory.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that I'm above Disney or I'm too cool.
Speaker 4: Look, I love Disney.
Speaker 2: I love the car's ride, I love soaring, I love the California.
Speaker 4: Now you want to be soaring above the world. I like the teacups. That's not my point.
Speaker 2: My point is, Hey, this is an opportunity where they get to be good antie, they get to take my kid, they get to do their thing.
Speaker 4: Why the hell do I gotta go there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: This is like my day off. I got off cheap.
Speaker 2: But then there's that guilty side of me that's thinking, but my sister's here, and when am I gonna get this opportunity, opportunity to what rich sit in traffic by myself to get there, only to probably walk in the middle of a tantrum where they're gonna leave soon anyway, Like, oh you just got here, we're leaving it about an hour. What's that old Trace Atkins song? Yo going to miss news? You're gonna want these days back? You got a teenage daughter who just became a teenager niece's Disney World.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, disney Land r out here in LA.
Speaker 2: You're trying to tell me that you wouldn't feel like a jerk if you set it out. And you gotta make appointments nowadays to even enter the park. After COVID, it's a whole different setup, Like, you can't just roll up and show up and buy a ticket, so I'd have to figure that out.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a hassle in a home.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll get off easy and you go to buy a ticket, it's like, sorry, park's full today. Yeah, well that's something i'd want to know before I got to Wally World, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 2: By the way, Bursch Joel, is your instinct that he should go just the fun sit it out, because, like I said, I woke up today and I'm like, yeah, we gotta talk about JJ Reddick. And I'm like, oh, after that, I think I might have to go to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: I just want to relax. It's a busy week, this OJ story. Oh damn Disneyland. Yeah. I think it's fine for you to set this one out.
Speaker 3: Take the day off.
Speaker 4: You deserve it. You're you're doing a.
Speaker 3: Lot this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, we're filling it for Dan Patrick, right, which is again an honor.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love talking to new people, but it is a little mentally draining, right. We got to wake up early. Our schedules off, that's really it. Our schedules. No, no, no, I'm not complaining it, but we love this. We jumped at the opportunity. Then we fill in for Colin cow Hurt tomorrow. So again, got to bring the A game. How can I focus on my A game if I'm on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, think about it? If I just if you're okay with every time Uncle Steve comes up, your niece's like hull see, then you understand my pickle. No need to harp on it, unless, of course, you have thoughts, then chime in or leave a comment. I'm actually asking for help. Usually it's us giving advice. You know what you are, you're there now. I'm just the guy who just wants to lay home and be lazy. You're the guy so much easier to be lazy, or the girl that we all know which is. And it's a lot of the people we're talking to right now where you're always reluctant to go through with the plan, and then when you do, you always come out on the other side saying, oh man, I'm glad I did that.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: A lot of times it'll be He'll be dinner with friends the other side of town. I'll give you an example, remember when you were a kid way back on a Wednesday, you woke up and you're like, I don't want to go to school today, and then by midday you're watching The Prices writ in Jenny Jones Little Ricky Lake Action, You're like, I kind of totally went to school today.
Speaker 4: I should have went to school.
Speaker 3: What did I know?
Speaker 2: Later on, I might have that feeling when I'm sitting there with my hand down my pants like al Bundy board, watching TV, watching sports highlights, listening to Fox Sports Radio, I'm gonna think to myself, I could have went to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: I should have went. Yeah, I think I'm sitting here bored.
Speaker 2: I should have went and made a nice impact on my family and surprised them. Happened again. You know what happens. My sisters think I'm Daddy Stacks. So I'm gonna show up and know what they're gonna think. Oh, now Uncle Steve could buy them all these stupid ears and and do it and Uncle Steve toys. There's multiple exemples. The question is am I Funcle Steve today? Fun Uncle Steve? Or do I stay home?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: It's like there's so many things you could compare this to, like you said, it's staying home from school when you're a kid realizing yeah, I could have went.
Speaker 4: Once you get into it, you know what it's like.
Speaker 2: It's like get it on with with someone you've been dating a while, or a wife you've been with for years.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna compare?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're laying in bed a magical day, you're tired, you're getting it on, the wife is tired. And there are times where you're like, I don't know if I'm in the mood for any of this, and then the minute at starts, you're like, I'm glad I did see But Bursch, I think Bursh's like one of the nicest guys going here at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: And even he was like, nah, I think you can sit this one out. So that means a lot to me, Bursch. I appreciate that, man, because I will always opt for just sitting around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Like I'm really good at that. I think Bursh's really good at that. TOOHI I'm really good at that. Hey Joe, what would you do just to wrap it up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Any thoughts here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't listen to rich Oh right, go home, go go saying, yeah.
Speaker 4: The question is to wrap it up. Is it a crime? They just want to go and relax.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be rainy.
Speaker 4: I hope not.
Speaker 3: Pack's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my excuse. But for their sake, I hope it's a nice sunny day.
Speaker 4: Steve's gonna get a cold. He was on the rides in the rain.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I come down with a black lung and I call it my sisters.
Speaker 4: Guys, I don't think I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 2: I'll wrap it with this before we get to all the action, pack goodness. Like I said, we're talking about homes, We're talking hall passes, We're talking Antonio Pears and O. J.
Speaker 3: Simpson.
Speaker 2: Today's gonna be a fun one. Think you're just rattling off sports names. We're gonna talk Steve Garvey, Gary Guyetti, Yeah exactly, Jeff Garcia. We're gonna talk about a lot of fun things today. But I do like your question because what's gonna happen is when you live out of town and there's a lot of people listening that you know have moved, and you always bitch and complain. Noe of my family visits me now, they do.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: And you know what they're gonna talk about. What's gonna happen is your sister's gonna go back to Jersey and your parents he had to go. Did you have a lot of fun with Steven? Your Your whole family's gonna talk about you. They're gonna because what's gonna happen is that they're gonna go back to New York and j and oh, how is your trip to la to visit Stephen and Steve Covino here that you know what the story is gonna be.
Speaker 4: Oh, well we went to Disney, he took a nap.
Speaker 2: And then your then your dad's that's gonna say, is he filling in for the sports radio show in the nation.
Speaker 3: How about I wanted my daughter to have a good time without me.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, Good spin Jolson the Spin Zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want I wanted the sisters to bond and they were having a good time with I could just see your daddy because I know Covino's parents, your old school dad's would be.
Speaker 4: Like And that is why I don't visit that son of a gun. I don't go out there. What is he gonna leave me?
Speaker 2: Hey, he's Hollywood now thinks he's too good for It's a small world.
Speaker 4: He changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, hey, something to think about, guys, and your help is appreciated. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox at Covino and Rich. I guess I'll give you the conclusion to the story tomorrow. When are we filling for Colineta? What's that mid level Jim care movie Yes, ma'am, yes man where he realizes, you know, oh with uh Luis Guzma. Maybe life's a little better when you just say yes. It's so easy to say no. But remember when you say yes to something, you're saying no to something else. So you're saying yes to Disney with your nieces, no to take in a nap note or relaxing. Relaxing is very underrated. Bro, I'm gonna pro at that. I love it. I love it. So that's my question to never get the ball rolling. It's never gonna be an old.
Speaker 3: Rand though.
Speaker 2: You're never gonna be an old guy randomly sitting around being like, really, I'm too glad back in the day. I took a nap that day. But again, I'm also paying probably two hundred dollars. Who cares for half a day.
Speaker 4: The fun part about money is you could always make more.
Speaker 2: It says you you don't have to make out support, can't make those memories?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well think about it.
Speaker 2: I have two little kids, trust men, I probably paid just much is for them that you pay for child support.
Speaker 4: And I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Plus they pay us some meatballs here on Fox Sports Radio, so that's a lot of money. Well they pay me and gum. Oh really, thanks again for hearing me out. It's just something I woke up thinking about. Of course, I woke up thinking about, well, what do we get to discussed today? But then I was like, ah, and we have lots of stuff to get to on the Cavino and Rich Show and for Dan Patrick, you know what, I woke up thinking about what? I woke up thinking about the same thing, like, Hey, what's what's the hot story? Because it's a weird time of that you're in sports right because football's over. I feel like I'm like, is everyone doing what I'm doing? You ever have that feeling where I'm like, Football's over? Sort of bummed about that. You got the football blues a little bit because you're so used to Monday night, Thursday night Saturday college NFL on Sunday, it.
Speaker 4: Does give you.
Speaker 2: It's so much less and baseball hasn't kicked in yet. You're like, all right, well the NBA, we don't start again until tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No sports. Yeah, how many times did you see that?
Speaker 3: JJ?
Speaker 2: Reddick kind of like, yes, All, I kept I'm so mad about Doc Rivers. That's that's really the big story. J relax All. I kept big like Cavino on the couch. Relax All. I kept thinking of my sports. What are you so mad about it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Is everyone else catching up on dumb reality television just eating girl skal cookies?
Speaker 4: Because that's what I did all night last night.
Speaker 2: I eat thin mints by the sleeve, thin mince. I think I think thin mints are packed, nik Kobe, you might agree with me. I don't know thin mints are putting that flimsy plastic sleeve because I think you're supposed to eat them all in one sitting. That's an old Brian Reagan comedian Brian Reagan bit. Really he would eat fig Newton's by the sleeve. I think thin min should put in the freezer, and you usually eat them.
Speaker 4: By the sleeve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that we don't open a sleeve without finishing a sleeve. My wife and I, it's just like you did last night. Last night we was Ravo on and we're just passing the sleeve back. I said, there's not a game in the world on I was like, honey, tonight's night. We are watching at least three episodes of Love Is Blind. Kids are sleeping the edibles and Girl Scout cookies. That was my night last night. So mo is or what do they call them in certain parts of the country, Carmel the lights. Yeah, there's two different suppliers of Girl Scout cookies. Not everybody knows this, so depending on where you are, you get one or the other.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, my daughter thought I got hurt, like the generic cheap ass version. No, no, no, they're just called something different when you get them from someone. By the way, when when it's a lull in the sports world, that's when you start talking about different Girl Scout manufacturers.
Speaker 4: But there are two bakeries. Nick Nick is right, by the way.
Speaker 6: For for Covino's situation, I don't think we can understate the traffic portion of this. I mean that's you're looking at a minimum two hours each way I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if you're in the valley, if people that don't know, if you're.
Speaker 2: At four hours just to appear like a good guy, if you're in I proved my whole life from a good guys. If people don't know, if you're in Los Angeles to go to Disney, it's right near. It's like going to an Angels game. It's it's gonna be a couple hours. Like people say, Ah, you're in l A. You know what it's like.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's like.
Speaker 2: You live in Jersey or Long Island and people think get into like Yankee Stadium's easier they or Giant Stadium.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: And I think Nick is not downplaying that, especially on a rainy day you are looking at if you leave around Nunish, you.
Speaker 4: Don't think you'll be there too. There.
Speaker 2: Don't think I want to go home, eat somethin mints and watch the new episodes of Love Is Blind that come out today.
Speaker 4: Of course I do.
Speaker 2: But I'll give you one last caveat to really give you something to think about. Anyone ever tell you look like Megan Fox, I do, right, just a little bit from the nose up. Have you seen that storyline on on Love and on Love is Blind? Y know, Joel, it's hilarious, says some girl on I know it's a dumb reality show, but there's a girl on Love is Blind and the whole concept of the show is there behind wall so they can't see each other and you're not supposed to talk about your looks.
Speaker 4: But she lets it slip out, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, some people tell me I look like you know, and she goes, you know, machine gun Kelly's girl, and the guy's like Megan Fox, so he's immediately invested because he thinks she's hot. But you know what, you know what they leave out and this is true and it ties into sports. This is Fox Sports Radio. By the way, this isn't gossip radio, this isn't trash TV radio.
Speaker 3: What do you want to talk.
Speaker 2: About, JJ Reddick? I rather talk about Love is Blind? No, but it ties into sports. You know what they cut out? Everything's at it. Obviously we're live, right, there's no edits going on here unless you listen to the Best of podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh if they were at it, who would have cut out your whole Disney story? I'm doing that right now.
Speaker 2: This guy talking about girls, chalcol he's shut up, break get out of here.
Speaker 4: I had a question. I got a problem, and did might start the show now?
Speaker 2: And my daughter, by the way, put the guilt trip on me of like, Dad, I'd really love if you came. We could go on some roller coasters. And she's at that age where I have, you know, a few moments left of that she's fourteen? How many fourteenth if you yeah, how many of those kids want to hang out with their dad? I'm like, take a friend. Yeah that's true, I know, but you know, like Rich said, how many moments do I have left? So to tie the Love is Blind story back to sports, what they cut out is the dude said some people say I look.
Speaker 4: Like Christian McCaffrey and she didn't know who that was. Is that really the story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it led her to bring up this lie that went extremely viral that she looks like Megan Fox and dude, let me just tell you, these two people look nothing like Christian McCaffrey or Megan you're picturing imagine picture. It's the it's the wish version, dude, it is you know, this girl does not This girl looks like not Megan Fox and the dude.
Speaker 4: Have you seen McCaffrey with a shirt off on vacation with Olivia?
Speaker 1: Couple?
Speaker 4: This guy looks like McCaffrey if he didn't work out for seven years.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And we look like Zach and Slater if we didn't work out for seven years. Not trying to be mean, We're Cavino and Rich and thanks again for your feedback. Thanks again for hearing us out.
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 4: You make the call?
Speaker 2: And now Rich, we got to talk about this my homes story and your hypothetical. Yeah that there's a lot to get to, So hang tight. More Covino and Rich in for the Great Dan Patrick Live from the Mercedes Benz Studios.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing, we never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to. And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you blubber li lame in me.
Speaker 2: Well you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years. Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also going to talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show.
Speaker 4: Called over Promised.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promise and also Uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen to over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts is Coveno and Rich, Rich Davis your candy Boy, and by the way, Joel way back on a Wednesday, this is my gim candy Girl live from Mercedes Benz Studios. Owning Mercedes Benz ev isn't just extraordinary, it's extra easy. With full remote access to your vehicle from your phone via the Mercedes Meconnect app. The vehicles are all electric, the feelings all Mercedes. The choice is all yours. Then, of course, the choice is yours. Learn more at nbusa dot com slash e Q. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis is to Covino and Rich show in for Dan Patrick. Thank you guys for hanging out with us, and good morning. I have one thought to wrap up your Disney dilemma and then, uh, I have a rando question about.
Speaker 4: Sports and dating.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: But I want to turn this dilemma into dilemonade, and I want it to work to my advantage.
Speaker 4: Me for once, who misquoted you?
Speaker 3: Once?
Speaker 2: It was? Is it Dennis Quaid? Dennis Quaid was aghast on our show quick twenty second story. Dennis Quaid's on our story on our story say I'm messing up the story about him messing up. So Dennis Quaid was on our show, and Covino dropped that line. I take dilemmas and make dilemonade, and Dennis Quaid goes, eh, I like that, I'm gonna use that. I even said to him, Hey, Paul, if you use it, quote me, but yeah, by all means take it.
Speaker 4: God, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that, make dilemmas and make the lemonade. So Dennis Quaid later that names our show. Later that day, TV's on.
Speaker 4: In the background.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, there's Dennis. Dennis Quaid's on like Fox News promoting whatever he's doing. And he butchers it.
Speaker 4: Spot what do we say? He said, take dilemmas and uh he said, like, make the lemonade out of the lemmons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I make the lemonade out. But he fumbled it like he was Jeorde Bush. Hey, shame on you and you wanted the game. He fumbled it like Gibbs in the NFC Championship game. Sorry Joel, Sorry, so awkward. And then I was like, okay, don't quote me, don't don't quote me. He just butchered it, lemons. So anyway, I want to turn my story into something good man. My thought is this, much like everything, your reluctancy at first would make you want to sit back and do nothing and just lay. And the question is Kavino's families in town. They want to go to Disneyland today. It's raining. Disney's you know, a couple hours away. I say, you go and I'll tell you why. We had a guys trip to Denver earlier this year, went to go see the Broncos Vikings Sunday night football. Great weekend with some of our good buds, some nice dinners, some drinks.
Speaker 4: And at first.
Speaker 2: Kavino's like, bro, I don't know, dude, on the weekend, I want a chill and you were like, I don't know if I want to go. Every step of that weekend, from dinner at Elway Steakhouse to the game to everything, Covino is like a fascinated little boy, like this place is great and you loved it.
Speaker 4: The game was great. That was when the Pastronaut was a thing. Remember that, Remember that Viking.
Speaker 2: Remember that one minute where the Pastronaut was running things for Minnesota. Great vibe at the stadium. Yeah, you know, it's like to wrap it up and to tie it back into going to the game. It's like your buddy that hits you up with media group King's tickets. Don't you have a friend that wants you to go to the hockey game with him, Dude, let's go. And you're like, yeah, how are the seats? I mean, you know, I got it for free. You're like, ah, I don't know. But then you go and you have a blast. Right, That's what I'm hoping for, nor your instinct to be lazy. That's my sister met her husband. Her friend reluctantly was like, Laurie, do you want to go to the club or something? Maybe I go there and snow White's looking hot.
Speaker 4: Maybe you go there you fall in love with Elsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, But that my my sister met her husband because her friend was annoying her, like, Laurie, come out to the butt. We're going out to Manhattan tonight. And my sister wanted to be a lazy lump and finally was like, okay, fine, I'll go with you to the club or bar. She met her husband. Okay, so maybe maybe you and h shrigger Ona who's from Tangled? Oh Rapunzel, that's Striggeroda. I picture you with a Straganono type. Well, anyway, thank you, and if you just joined us, good morning again. It's always a pleasure to be here. The question was after this show again, which is a little off our schedule, but we love doing it, and then we have to do our Patreon podcast after this, Do I go and visit my family who's already in Disneyland? Their days already started. I don't know how long they're gonna stay, but I rarely see my sister and her kids and they're already there. Do I meet them and sit through the traffic just to get there for half the day? I'd spend a few hundred bucks. The answer is yes. It's like, like I said, it's like when your buddy's in town, when your buddies in town.
Speaker 4: We won't, Joel, but I'll let you know tomorrow.
Speaker 5: There's one more caveat today. It's like when your players. You want to see your player on the road, play Cavino, you might want to check out what rides are closed.
Speaker 4: Dude, you're so right about that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go there right and I'm like, the Indiana Jones ride is under repair.
Speaker 4: Wait, Lebron's sitting tonight exactly. There's always the chance of that, Joel.
Speaker 2: I remember as a kid, Gary Carter Rest in peace, my favorite baseball player, catcher for the Mets in the eighties.
Speaker 4: I remember going to Shaye Stadium and being like, I'm gonna feed Gary Carter today.
Speaker 2: I went to shit old school Shase Stadium, looked at that crappy huge scoreboard they used to have with RC Cola on it, and I'm like, I'm looking at the lineup.
Speaker 4: I'm like catcher number two, Mackie Sasser, Gary Carter's not playing.
Speaker 2: And then I remember thinking like, well, at least wait a minute, Darryl Strawberry's not playing.
Speaker 4: I remember one of my first.
Speaker 2: Games as a kid in the understudies exactly going to a play and they're like, oh, Hugh Jackman's not performing today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure your favorite rides are open.
Speaker 3: Have fun.
Speaker 5: Y'all love it because Coveno could call out there and be like, oh, oh cars Land is closed.
Speaker 2: Oh I was gonna come, dude, Joel. One of the when I took my kids. I took my kids a month ago, one of those big cars rides was open and closed all day, kept closing. Oh, but I never got a chance to go on one of the big ones. So I got the list here for you. Cavino real quick. All right, it's not it's not too bad.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna have any excuses, really, Mark Twain, Riverboat, Haunted manst my favorite one that Mark Twain, The Haunted Mansion, and astro Orbiter. Those are the only ones that are temporarily unavailable today.
Speaker 2: I do like the Haunted Mansion, so I can't make it. I love the Haunted. Thanks for the possible excuses. I'll keep you posted in fact conclusion, Like I said, when we feel in for Colin, count hurt tomorrow or just join us on a regular show Monday through Friday at two pm on the West, five pm on the East, Cavino and Rich. I mean, listen, it's not it's not a random question, because I think we all deal with that, whether it's a friend in from out of town, you visiting someone, the expectation of going to a game. Usually it's a you know, it's rare because you're out here in La so it's Disneyland. But a lot of times you have a buddy that comes into town, he's like, yeah, I'm in town, do you want to check out the Lakers? And you're like, you know, and your instinct. I'll wrap it with this, your instinct is always be lazy. I'm telling you, yeah, because it's a regular week for you. It's a regular work week for you. So even if it's a Lakers game, which sounds like fun, you're like, yeah, I gotta work tomorrow. They're on like vacation mode and a different mindset with no agenda. So it's a little tougher for that person. Oh and speaking of which, we're gonna be in Nashville with Fox Sports Radio March fifteenth, Friday, March fifteenth, We're gonna be doing a live broadcast with Graduate Hotels, anyone you know in Nashville. Again, are you expecting them to drop what they're doing to be like, guys, we're here.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: As you get older in this kids and families and stuff like, you can't always expect friends or family to drop what they're doing. But dude, I guess the morg story is it's so easy to say no. Of course, it's so easy to.
Speaker 4: Want to relax, and sometimes you deserve it.
Speaker 2: I get that, But by saying yes, you never know who you could meet and the fun you could have exactly with that exciting sports moment you may witness, like, man, I have a great story to wrap up and it's involving sports. Yeah, my buddy Michael Zito, Okay, went to high school and college with him. You know that buddy, that every step of the way, you're like, yeah, you you're part of a lot of random memories because they happened to just be your high school buddy, your little league buddy, and also went to college with you.
Speaker 4: Who yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh by coincidence though, right, yeah, I mean just we happen to just our lives lined up and we were always buds. He's a big Mets fan, lives up in Syracuse, New York, and he always tells a story about how laziness backfired. His dad came home from work with a hey, I got two tickets for the Yankees game? Are we going? Might have been a weekend, I forgot what it was, but his dad came home with the tickets. He gave the old I'm a Mets fan, I'm not mean a Yankees fan. Plus I don't want to go all the way to the Bronx.
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: Free tickets?
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: He sat it out.
Speaker 2: It was a day docgud and pitching, no hitter, no way, and he forever was like, I will never be for I will never be the y again because just pure laziness stopped him from seeing a no hitter.
Speaker 4: That's a great story. So, and that's a great one to end. Me be a little bit more of a yes man, all right.
Speaker 2: Something I wanted to get to now, if you are dating a woman that is good looking or a woman that has a lot to offer, pay attention that girl is fuh he's It applies to this sports hypothetical more than anything. There's a viral video I saw on TikTok and Instagram a couple of times, so if I've seen it a few times, you may have seen it as well.
Speaker 4: Everybody has different algorithms.
Speaker 2: If your algorithm, oh you're not. Everyone's algorithm is butt cheeks in the forty nine ers. It's like that old saying, show me your algorithm, and I'll tell you who you are. See your search history, I know a lot more about you. Delete search history, all right. There's a video where some young dude is interviewing people on the street. Just see this all the time. Where it's like just some young dude and he's like asking like drunk people questions outside of bar. Okay, this dude's asking a young couple about their hall pass.
Speaker 7: Take a listen, No, sir, you might get one pass, but at the end of the day, you want one wife and this is the life I want.
Speaker 4: So no, Now what about you?
Speaker 2: If he gave you one, if he gave me a guilt treat pass, I would take it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Sorry, that's crazy. Who would you take it with? Blendy Water is the third. So here's here's my thought. That's a that's a random hall pass? Correct?
Speaker 2: Which is part of that is Casey Yeah, Oklahoma City Thunder, Oklahoma City Thunder, and it's it's six foot six random basketball player. So my thought is this when someone says this phrase that's oddly specific, when someone says the phrase hall pass if you're with a good looking woman, I don't think the hall pass thing should or could exist, because if a guy says something, even a handsome guy like Nick Cope, if he's like, you know, my hall pass is Megan Fox, I don't know the chance of you meeting her, being in the same room or anything. Skylar Diggins, there's a very little chance it'll even present itself. But if you're a good looking girl in the age of social media. There's a lot of regular hawk girls that could just slide into an athlete's DMS and make it happen. So if you're a good looking girl, athletes are sliding into their dms, yes, all the time. So my thought on this is women should never be able to get a hall pass. And I'll explain more next right here on Coveno on Rich and for the Great Dan Patrick on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the affiliates. Everybody rocking with us, Covino and Rich. We do this every day. But when they say, when the boss calls us up, you want to do the Dan Patrick hat trick three shows in a row, Well, hell y, let's do it, yes, sir. Live from Mercedes Benz Studios. The utterly inspired All Electric eq E SIDAN from Mercedes Benz with hundreds of customizable comfort settings inside the Cabinet's the EV that recharges you, the vehicles, all electric, the feelings, all Mercedes.
Speaker 4: Learn more at nbusa dot com. Slash E q E.
Speaker 2: That song that Joel just played, Stutter by Joe. I always wondered why the guy didn't come up with a catch your name, Joe?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: It's wrong down that that's it, Joe. It's a good song though, from the two thousands.
Speaker 4: It's memorable.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 5: By the way, I found somebody from Nashville for you already. Might's gonna be in the house already.
Speaker 2: Well right, I got people joining us next next month, March fifteenth, Nashville can't wait.
Speaker 3: Tony says she's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Oh sounds good. We got Joel on the ones in two's bushes here. Thank you for hanging out with us. It's a pleasure to be part of the premier sports lineup in the nation. I don't want to say oddly enough, but we got a ton of feedback about your Disney Dilemma.
Speaker 4: Like I I was fascinated. I was like, look, man, a lot of people invested in your little dilemma.
Speaker 2: Take a lot of pride and being the most interactive, most inclusive show on radio according to US, and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you to the Dan Patrick audience for embracing us and hearing me out. I had a bit of a friend in need. My family's gonna be at Disneyland. Do I go after my day of work and meet them there? Is it worth?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Is the question? Really?
Speaker 4: You know, the traffic, the parking. Do I waste my money and go all the way there? It's like, you know, an hour place there. Yeah, it's a lot of money, you know what.
Speaker 2: You don't think I'm paying for a lot of what's going on anyway, his nephews anyway, and my daughter there. Yeah, I'll tell you what I tried to, you know, push the needle way by showing Coveno, TikTok and Instagram clips about your kids growing up fast?
Speaker 4: Did that work a little or not?
Speaker 5: It did?
Speaker 3: It did?
Speaker 2: And the feedback I'll wrap it up again, just going back to the feedback here at Caveno and Rich on social media and then our sports hypothetical about Hall passes ep workshop says, dude, the deal breaker here is your daughter who's fourteen, saying she wants to go on rides with you. I look at pics of my kids when they were small, and it kills me. Oh, those little people don't exist anymore.
Speaker 4: I miss them. Take the time while you have it. It'll be gone soon. But then Joe, right after this, Kit Carter says, sit it out, dude, sit it out. The girls are.
Speaker 2: Having a good time at the happiest place on earth. You won't be able to walk up and match their energy. Stay at home, half snacked, dinner and dessert ready. They'll be tired and so glad you were thinking of them when they get home.
Speaker 5: Win.
Speaker 3: Win.
Speaker 4: And then the very next one, James Benson, you gotta go, dude.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: Traffic's gonna suck, but you won't have many more times to do this. I say go. Than FSR posts a picture of Brian Reagan, which is funny.
Speaker 2: Now, then the very next one, Gary Hopwood says, dude, take a knee, run out the clock, let your sisters take the kids to Disney, spend quality time with your daughter this weekend.
Speaker 1: So you got no.
Speaker 5: Clarity at all as soon as you walk out the door. So you walk out of here and it's poor now Raining Cavino.
Speaker 2: Dude, every other one, I'm gonna get him a mini I'm gonna get him a mini mouse puncho or look at a steven toe hits us up, Coveno. You're thinking about yourself and not the children's. You gotta go, So it's back to the children. But how about the children?
Speaker 4: What about the children? I appreciate hard I do.
Speaker 2: I appreciate all the feedback again at Coveno and Rich, But let's get back to your hypothetic.
Speaker 4: This Lindy Waters, the third.
Speaker 2: Is Oklahoma City thunder and And what's interesting it's it's so specific. If you don't know what we're talking about, there's a viral video where some I'll tell you it is by the way, that this is really cause for speculation, because a reason for speculation because he's a six foot six, two hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 4: Forward on OKC.
Speaker 2: He's the third of a long list of Lindy Waters, and he's a he's a bit of a stallion in the NBA. So for your woman to bring this dude up randomly like that says a lot about Yeah, she's into If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's a viral video on social media.
Speaker 4: You may have missed it. I've seen it everywhere.
Speaker 2: Some guys interviewing, you know, drunk people coming out of a bar bumps into a couple in their twenties and ask them about a hall pass, meaning, if you're in a relationship, is there someone that you'd be allowed to get with if you had the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 4: This girl, says Lindy Waters. Lyndy Water's the third.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, you might get one pass, but at the end of the day, you want one wife and this is the life I want.
Speaker 4: So no, Now what about you?
Speaker 2: If he gave you one, if he gave me a guilt treat pass, I would take it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, that's crazy. Sorry, that's who would you take it with? Lindy Water is the third.
Speaker 2: So what I find funny there is the guy's like, yo, you find the good woman. She's look wife material. He's all into her, and she has Lindy Water's name like locked and loaded, ready to go, like Lindy Waters. I don't care if you have somebody in mind. I think that man answered this question perfectly. That's the only answer. If you're especially asked this in front of your woman, get out of here.
Speaker 5: I mean, was it a perfect answer. He's got an excuse for when he messes up later on.
Speaker 4: And you know what, y'all, what did you say?
Speaker 2: He she has a random NBA player's name, locked and loaded. He goes, Ah, that's crazy, that's what he says, because you know what he's thinking, Oh no, she listen. Unless they're in some type of polyamorous hookup with whoever you want do what you want to do lifestyle, then that this guy should not feel comfortable with that answer. Because here's the difference. If the guy said, dude, my whole piss is uh, you know, Sidney Sweeney. No way on earth is this random doofist coming out of the bar ever gonna meet or get with Sidney Sweeney. Never in a million years with Sidney Sweeney. Probably give this guy the time of day. However, this girl's in the video relatively attractive. She may slide into Lindsey Waters DMS and be like, hey, I'm a big fan of OKC and for all you know, like a week later, he could be like, well, I.
Speaker 4: Got tickets for you girl, let's go there. Yeah, let me say I'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 2: Ah listen, not to throw you at it, not to throw you I'm a fan of the thunder I'm a fan of those thunder cheeks.
Speaker 4: True story.
Speaker 2: I don't want to bring it up because, uh, you know it's not your finest moment. But Cavino, true or false, You've had girlfriends leave you for athletes. I mean, here we are talking about what a good guy I am going to Disneyland. You got to bring that up.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, the truth hold on, not once, not once, but twice.
Speaker 2: Can you know how a girl leave him for someone on the New York Rangers and then she had him a different a different girl left him for a player on the New Jersey Nets back in the day. Yeah, and by the way, talk about major blows to the ego. I was living at my I was living in my parents' basement, driving a radio station van around New York City. So it was a major blow to my confidence for many years. I mean, we can live at it now. We can live at it now. But I remember, I remember that was when I first own a new Covino. I thought to myself every night, if I just practiced a little hard, I remember thinking, Joel Cavino hit me up back in the day when we were like first friends. Mark Messier and the Rangers were at a restaurant and sent a drink over to his girl while he was having dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it wasn't Mark Messier. It was one of the first round draft picks for the Rangers.
Speaker 3: That he was with.
Speaker 2: But Mark Messier's big head was I still remember his big head there, thinking, oh, how nice are these guys.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the dude was trying to get my girl and he did and he married.
Speaker 3: Were just a certified driver of the Mercedes first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, we have more CNR and for Dan Patrick next year on Fox Sports Radio.