Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks in the move today. I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's John Tucker. It's a moonshine and needs to be discussed on our Stock Movers with John Tucker.
Speaker 1: It's Harmunk, New York based IBM investing in a startup of startup you know as Anthropic. Who's Anthropic? They're the guys behind Claude. Who clad Whose Claude. That's the family of large language models. I'm gonna try to explain this. IBM's AI first Integrated Development Environment is a tool for helping programmers code, So they're going to incorporate Claude. It's available to more than six thousand early adopters AI models from Anthropic. It's eventually going to use another IBM offerings as well. Now, one of the most promising cases for AI is so called vibe coding. This uses AI powered tools to make software development more efficient and it allows layman like ARMANK president Johnny Depp to try their hand at programming, and of course AI has already changed the way that programmers do their jobs. I would argue, I know somebody here at Bloomberg LP whose name happens to be of the entrance, who swears that programmers only the best ones are going to have jobs. Everybody else is going to be replaced by AI.
Speaker 3: Do you realize this stock movers is coming from someone who has an iPhone five.
Speaker 1: Thing two thous a BlackBerry. Yeah. By the way, anthropic they had they raise money, so the valuation for this company one hundred and eighty three billion dollars. Investors been looking for partnership.
Speaker 3: Do you continue with technology here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well no, let me do yeah, okay, AMD they have not yet run out of rocket fuel today most active. They landed that blockbuster deal with open Ai to build AI infrastructure, so the chip maker a chance to show a commount of challenged like you know in Vidia. AMD after Monday's pop was worth three hundred and thirty point six billion dollars just for comparison's sake, that's more than the value of Coca Cola. That's more than General Electric or Chevron. Open AI will deploy six gigawatts worth of AMD graphics processing units. According to the pactic, this is over a number of years. It's just over half the size of an agreement with the AI startup recently reached with Invidia. Also sets the stage for open Ai to acquire a large steak in the chip maker will wrap up. Finally, we have to do contech. Yeah, well, it's stuff that's eventually used to build tech.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So we have to go to Vancouver, Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia for this one. And it's also has connections to Alaska because that's where they do all this stuff. This is the resource company Trilogy Metals, the government taking at ten percent stake in the company, exploring in Alaska for copper and other critical metals. Trilogies. US listed shares are TMQ. It's reminiscent of the earlier agreement for the US to buy as much as fifteen percent of the Rare Earth's producer MP Materials, all part of a thirty five million dollar investment to secure critical energy and mining projects in Alaska.
Speaker 2: This stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with US throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news. On Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.