Speaker 1: Second date of date.
Speaker 2: We have a return caller on the phone who actually did a second date with us a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right.
Speaker 2: That either means we helped her so much she's been in a long, committed relationship this whole time, yeah, or we traumatized her so badly that she's completely avoided dating until now.
Speaker 3: Probably the second Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was probably mostly Brook's fault. But her name is Amanda. Amanda, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm not arguing, Amanda.
Speaker 4: I think I'm a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing I remember from the last time is the guy didn't want to go out with you because you wanted to put hot dogs on your salad or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot dog salad, Yeah, which is totally normal. And Brooks home time.
Speaker 5: I haven't called you Amanda in a long time.
Speaker 1: That's ancient history.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: We are moving on and we're happy to have you back. Let's talk about this new guy that you met.
Speaker 1: Who's he know?
Speaker 5: He's the lead singer in a band, A little band, a famous band where we're at.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: I think Kloger, isn't it. You saw nickelback?
Speaker 3: No Nickelback would be calling back.
Speaker 1: They're desperate for fad.
Speaker 3: Where did you meet this guy?
Speaker 4: So, my best friend Jess got married about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're saying it like it's a sad thing, Like, yeah, we lost her forever.
Speaker 4: We lost lawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you met him at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I met him at the wedding. Well, he was working the wedding and I was part of the bridal party.
Speaker 3: So he was a singer in the wedding band.
Speaker 6: He was amazing wedding bands and some not Oh my god, I never thought about that.
Speaker 3: I would they get so much action?
Speaker 4: Am I healthy?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 4: I keep feeling like Adam Sandler movie you guys Amber.
Speaker 3: With Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a movie.
Speaker 3: It's literally called The Wedding Singer.
Speaker 1: Tell us about how you and and Chris like connected at the wedding. How did that even happen?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if we connected or I just had a little bit semesterage. I'm just gonna be honest. It was a stressful day and like my friend, she's she was a little bit of a bright silla. Okay, it was just like I'm going to try to get as much fun of was wedding as I could.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're the first bridesmaid to say that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the.
Speaker 4: Oh my money is going to the liquor and don't Yeah, we can get on.
Speaker 1: Board with that.
Speaker 3: No, you had some liquid courage going on. It sounds like I did.
Speaker 4: And like throughout the time they were playing songs and I was dancing, and I think I was dancing like a little bit too much, but I was trying not to span girl, but a like extra dess thread.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So you're like giving him eyes or something.
Speaker 4: I was winking. I was thinking, there is like.
Speaker 8: A middle round here where you want to show him like you're impressed by his musical skills, but not overly impressed, where you look like.
Speaker 5: I just see a drunk girl winking really hard.
Speaker 3: He takes you lost a contact.
Speaker 2: Probably very few times panties get thrown on stage at a wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it felt like to Barry Moorish, just like doing the Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody remembers that movie as well.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm enjoying my age too. That's really sad.
Speaker 7: Now take us to the.
Speaker 1: Most romantic part of you and Chris.
Speaker 4: When they had a break, I went over and I just like introduced my self. Okay, so I brought over some chicken skewers. I brought over some food to the band and I was like, hey, do you guys want something to eat?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Give him some food, free food.
Speaker 4: They were like really happy that I did that. So, like the whole reception, everything was really great. And I danced a little bit too much. I'm gonna admit to that.
Speaker 3: I a thing. Can you dance too much of the wedding? Get The more people dance, the better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a forty five minute dance limit on all weddings.
Speaker 1: If you go over the limit, you have to pay.
Speaker 4: When they put Shakira on and you think you can barely dance, you dance too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when did it move to romantic with the singer?
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted to stay over and help clean up, and honestly, I just wanted more time to talk to him.
Speaker 1: So you helped tear down the wedding.
Speaker 4: I was helping because it had to be done by a particular amount of time. Yeah, that will give me more time to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's good, and so it's a win win.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, do you want to go for a drink after this? And he's like, no, I got to go home, but I wouldn't mind having a drink here.
Speaker 8: So he wanted to have a drink there with you. Yeah, at least it wasn't like a full rejection like he was, yeah, let's hang out here.
Speaker 5: So there's like a bar attached somewhere, so yeah, yeah, it was inside.
Speaker 4: So we just went back in and we were just chatting for like thirty minutes. We exchanged numbers. I had a great time, but I'd calling him and I haven't heard it back from him.
Speaker 3: Do you think you read it wrong? Like maybe he's not even single.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like maybe the girl who brought him foods who's being nice back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How long has it been since you guys were at that wedding together?
Speaker 4: Honestly, like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a long time. Have you reached out to him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I texted him and I called him a couple of times, but nothing. So I was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, okay, so we're gonna call Chris for you in just a minute. Here We'll try and get you a second date update and you can tell him I want to grow.
Speaker 1: Old with you. Oh my god, she gets the reference. It's from Wedding Singer.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Amanda's just going to be you and me on our own during this money.
Speaker 4: We can just do the movie Punch.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we'll quote the movie. Let's try and get your second date update right after this hold on update. Thank you smull.
Speaker 3: So it's also Wedding Singer?
Speaker 1: Are you're getting your.
Speaker 2: Want?
Speaker 3: Is this movie even good?
Speaker 2: I'm playing this song from the movie The Wedding Singer because my co host didn't know what I was talking about when I quoted this song.
Speaker 3: Is that Adam Sandlers?
Speaker 1: That is Adam Sandler's singer, But you don't remember the movie.
Speaker 3: I've seen it.
Speaker 2: The main reason I'm playing it is because one of our listeners, Amanda, met the lead singer of a wedding band the other day and.
Speaker 1: Was super turned on.
Speaker 2: It's hard to compete with Adam Sandler rocking a mullet, but Chris, who she met and was singing in the band the other day, was even hotter. That's why she stuck around late after the wedding was done to help clean up, just so she could spend more time with.
Speaker 1: Him after that night.
Speaker 2: Though no second date has emerged, Brook thoughts theories, would you like to badger the witness?
Speaker 1: Now is your time?
Speaker 3: I mean, did you even ask him if he was single?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did? You did?
Speaker 3: There goes my number one theory.
Speaker 1: Well what did he say?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was good, good fallow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, I don't know, maybe, yeah, I'm a married man. I don't be a clue that.
Speaker 3: Maybe you were more sloppy drunk than you thought you were.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I want to say it, but we've all been way too.
Speaker 3: When you said that you danced too much, that's usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your brain was telling you to stop.
Speaker 2: But you would think as the lead singer of a wedding band, he would know that he's seen that before and would give her to go.
Speaker 3: Out with it on a date.
Speaker 1: I'm coming. I'm trying to come in with a positive attitude here.
Speaker 2: Brook has no interest. So let's just call him and we'll see what he asks to say.
Speaker 1: You ready, Amanda, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: You got this.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Chris?
Speaker 7: This is him?
Speaker 2: Hey, Chris, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Chris, you're on the show with us, Okay, the random.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't worry about my co host. You just focus on It's just you and me.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: We're doing something called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners who you met the other night at a wedding where you were performing.
Speaker 7: Okay, so wait, this is like a dating show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys didn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's not saying you guys went on a date. She was just interested in possibly dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Amanda. One of the things she said that she did was brought some chicken skewers out to you and your band.
Speaker 3: She was a bridesmaid.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I do, I do remember her?
Speaker 3: Oh you do? Okay, that's a good sign. I mean, I bet you meet so many people with what you do.
Speaker 8: It's pretty clutch getting food delivered to you. I mean, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: That's the way to Jo's heart.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's a wedding band. It happened at every gig.
Speaker 2: Oh really required to feed the band in the contract? Okay, but I mean food aside. We were hoping to get a sense of what you thought about Amanda, if you liked her at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she she was just a.
Speaker 1: Very very like a good dancer. Is that what you're going to say?
Speaker 7: She was a lot.
Speaker 1: She was a lot like a lot of dancing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely a lot of dancing that said, that's for sure. But I think the.
Speaker 1: Biggest thing that really really like threw.
Speaker 7: Me off is that she left us review on yelp.
Speaker 5: Wait what and she didn't tell us this part. Was she just trying to help you out or something? I mean, she obviously thought you were a good singer and also attractive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hopefully that's someone on the review she's like five stars, he's.
Speaker 1: So hot review.
Speaker 7: Actually I actually left a three star review three stars, and she like wrote, oh the music was really good, but the lead singer never called me.
Speaker 8: Oh no, that is way too much information.
Speaker 3: It's like a dating review.
Speaker 7: No. Yeah, it was extremely awkward and and for me, like that really crosses the line, you know, like this my business.
Speaker 3: And maybe she meant it as a joke.
Speaker 1: Dropping you said that that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just trying to think of like it's gotta be she thought she was being funny.
Speaker 2: Could you say it as a grand romantic gesture?
Speaker 7: Three. I would try every social media like dming on literally every app before that.
Speaker 5: Though, Were you planning on calling her back before you saw that Yelp review?
Speaker 7: I mean maybe I was thinking about it, but I've been busy, so it wasn't a matter of just like, oh damn, I haven't called it. But then when I saw that review on Yelp, now I just feel like her doing that makes me think, like, what else is she capable of in terms of a dating situation?
Speaker 1: And I guess that's true. I mean, what lengths would she go to?
Speaker 2: Would she like call up a radio show and have them call you.
Speaker 3: So much more uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Because that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: And I feel like she's also on the other I wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, yeah, I guess it's your chance to respond to the review.
Speaker 7: You guys are killing me here, Amanda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Amanda, Sorry, you seriously left him a negative review.
Speaker 4: It's not negative. It's not like you to.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no.
Speaker 5: I don't go to three star restaurants, you know, like three stars bad.
Speaker 7: That's the thing, Amanda, like you leaving. That affects my business. You know, people are looking to book a wedding band. They look at reviews like some.
Speaker 8: Bride out there is going to book you guys and go, well, he's not gonna call any of me or my bridids.
Speaker 3: I think it looks trashy.
Speaker 5: It makes him look trashy, like he's like any and on all the guests or something there and see that.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you understanding that, Amanda?
Speaker 4: No, I totally get it. I'm willing to negotiate.
Speaker 8: Negotiate it like.
Speaker 4: Talking about I don't know, I mean, like, how badly do you want me to change that review?
Speaker 1: You can take it down? You're going to hold his review ransom?
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it's just like black.
Speaker 4: I don't know the ransom negotiations.
Speaker 3: This sounds like she's smiling.
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 2: If Chris does go out on a date with you, are you willing to take it down or change it to a five star glowing review?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Two dates?
Speaker 3: That sounds crazy?
Speaker 4: Okay if we if we do one date, I'll do four stars. I'll promise that. I think if I promise that, actually one star.
Speaker 7: So if we go out on the date, you will change the review at least the four stars. And you're saying we have to do two dates in order to get five.
Speaker 3: What are you seriously considering this?
Speaker 1: His business is a business man.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know I have to. I do admire her her tenacity in a round way of getting my attention, But.
Speaker 4: Can I totally get points for creativity? Like give me something here?
Speaker 7: Hey, I'll give you that, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Now, God, actually this was Survivor.
Speaker 7: I think you should probably win, so.
Speaker 3: Survivor like that.
Speaker 2: If anything, she could go with you to any of your future wedding gigs and dance a lot and hype you.
Speaker 4: Up, totally help manage just saying and negotiate.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far. I was just going to be danced to get the whole crowd into it.
Speaker 3: But I'm just shocked that Chris is entertaining this idea.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know, it's a tough world out there, and I would.
Speaker 1: Leave Amanda sounds over the moon. This is going.
Speaker 2: We need to officially hear Chris say yes to a second date that we will pay for.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's one day, Like I think one day I could probably get you to to leave a five star, so I guess I would be down.
Speaker 3: She's going to trap you into marriage just to save this business.
Speaker 1: I think that's the plot to a wedding singer. So it uh, well, congratulations you too. You guys got a date?
Speaker 7: Yeah, very unexpected.
Speaker 5: And Amanda, if you could leave us a review, I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're called the Ryan Seacrest Show, Brook Jeffrey in the Morning, and I am so glad that this call happened for us today. Really just goes to show the Brook and Jeffrey podcast doesn't have lots of bad reviews.
Speaker 1: It just has lots of people who want to date us and are trying to get at.
Speaker 3: That's that's it.
Speaker 2: We're the sexiest podcasts all platforms.
Speaker 3: Could you guys start going on more dates so we could up our stars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was messed up.
Speaker 3: That was kind of messing But he was into it. I think he had to be in I don't think that that's it.
Speaker 5: I think that you thought it was real.
Speaker 2: I thought he was playing it up because he knew that she was on the phone and he was just trying to make her feel comfort.
Speaker 1: She said, I can change it.
Speaker 8: He was like, oh, really, like he hadn't thought of that, And then she's like, maybe.
Speaker 5: For how that is the wedding business right now that one review is going to be.
Speaker 1: But they're going out again.
Speaker 2: If you're ever getting some bad reviews on your dating life, you can always turn to us. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. And check out all of our second date updates on our highly rated podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you gets yours wink
Speaker 3: Week Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning