Speaker 1: M.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: No hours happened.
Speaker 5: I wonder if anyone in the tour knows the words to our coon saw stampeding to another victory.
Speaker 1: They looked too young.
Speaker 6: Someone's got a known.
Speaker 5: Ah, Yes, here it is. It's already Thursday of Seahawks Week inside the SWBC podcast studio. And we all made it safely back from the Thanksgiving holiday? How is everybody?
Speaker 1: And that was a stampede we saw it was.
Speaker 5: It seems like a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Now. I am tired, we all did. I am tired, man.
Speaker 5: Tired from your holiday weekend work.
Speaker 4: Though it was work, it was to buy you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to walk all up down down street. Boy, my calves are killing me, pork kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we lost too in dramatic fashion. But we lost the one yard line. Come on, man, we lose the one yard line?
Speaker 1: What do you mean you lost at the one yard We couldn't punch it in.
Speaker 3: We were Yeah, we were like the Cowboys versus what the Browns? Was it back in nineteen ninety four? Think it was I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Try ran out before they could run another place the way it.
Speaker 1: Happened, but we decided you won halftime?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, he didn't even watch it a half time.
Speaker 3: No halftime is that's that's you know, as much of a spectacle as the game.
Speaker 5: Would you rather lose that way or lose the way Auburn lost?
Speaker 3: Man one, I've kind of lost like Auburn lost in my life.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's kind of happened before I know what they feel.
Speaker 1: So that was the last play, right, the last play, very last play, the very last play. So what were they doing in like man coverage?
Speaker 5: I didn't watch it live. I wouldn't sure what was I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it was a man coverage. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't man coverage. The guy just matched up with him. It wasn't man coverage. I think he just matched up with him.
Speaker 5: Because the quarterback floated out to the left. Now it's scrambled to this guy, but CD doing his thing. What's that unscrambled drill CD gets open, and so that wide receiver found an opening in the Exactly.
Speaker 1: Why don't not have the weapon guys across this goal line?
Speaker 3: First of all, you don't need to have nine guys back there rushing too. You can't give a quarterback all the time in the world. You gotta give pressure so that they don't.
Speaker 4: Von Rodgers. You can't do that.
Speaker 5: The same thing happened in the Eagles game yesterday where Jay back of the end zone and then you got Micah Hyde and Poyer, who the two of the best defense. Now they're Buffalo missing their best defensive back. He's been out all year.
Speaker 3: White h but he looked like a little teenager back there, and he treated him like a teenager I've never seen. Hey, I don't understand why he was so meek, you know what I mean. He left the guy push off on it. He just looked like he wasn't ready for the ball to come. I mean, this is what you're supposed to be ready for. He acts like he wasn't ready at all. You know, the jump was meek, the effort was was was meek to me was I was very surprised that he was a veteran defensive back.
Speaker 4: He played like a rookie on that play.
Speaker 1: Do you realize, I know, we haven't got into what we're supposed to get in.
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 1: But do uh? The Cowboys are like two makeable plays from being tied for first base place. Right Yep? The Kansas City game, guy does it catch the winning touchdown pass at.
Speaker 8: The goal line.
Speaker 1: And then in this game, the guy's wide open in the end zone and he looks left and the past goes right and he doesn't turn and around soon enough. If he turns around, he could have adjusted right. And I'm sitting there going, what are you doing? But it's two plays. They would be three losses right now, and yet they continue to find ways to win they do.
Speaker 4: You have to respect that now respect We're.
Speaker 5: About to find out the next two weeks just how good Philadelphia really is.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: But the efficient officiating yesterday, that's.
Speaker 9: What got me.
Speaker 4: That's what got They've been blessed.
Speaker 1: Every time the game playing at home.
Speaker 10: They just I don't know the officiating. There was a couple of calls yesterday that weren't.
Speaker 1: They Oh, but I I got to tell you this stuff because it was hilarious. So I'm coming back from here. It was not quite halftime of the game, and I'm listening to serious radio, and so I'm listening to the Eagles broadcast of the first half.
Speaker 5: I was listening to some of that.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to the part when they ran they were they were struggling on offense, right, and it's it was the Philadelphia Network broadcast.
Speaker 5: Merl on w I T right, and it was plegendary.
Speaker 1: They're struggling on offense and they called like a quarterback run and it didn't work, got stopped for like zero yards or one yard, and the adalys goes, Boy was that week he didn't like the play call?
Speaker 5: Was that my quicklia?
Speaker 7: But it was?
Speaker 1: And there was this Philadelphia Northeast kind of matter of fact of broadcasting the game. Right, they came back from break and it was just before halftime, and it's been pouring down rain, right, just pouring down rain, and the play by play goes, guy goes. I don't know about you, guys, but I'm thinking this Philadelphia offense is about as dreary as the weather. And I just started laughing, like they were giving them hell on their own broadcast.
Speaker 5: Well that's that's what I actually heard. I think I heard this right. It hurts through an interception. I was on the elliptical at the time, so I wasn't watching. I missed that, but I Merril Reese said, as they came back from a break, said, what chances do you give us of winning this game the way this thing is started without Lamee Johnson. Yes, and there's been three sacks, and what chance do you have of us getting this win today? And about that time hurts through an interception. My quick Quick said, well, if you would have asked me that before he through the interception, I'd say a good chance. But now I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And then he and then later quick goes, Quick goes, we got more problems than Lane Johnson's. And yet and yet they came getting back and one. So here we are, and.
Speaker 5: Here we are with a Cowboys on the practice field again, because it is a regular work week for the Cowboys from Thursday to Thursday, which makes this Thursday of their week. Yes, absolutely, and confusing is that?
Speaker 1: And they were here on Wednesday on Sunday, by the way, and there.
Speaker 10: Was a two of us here by the way, Yes, oh yeah, Nicky, and I had to text him yesterday morning to make sure we were going to be there for Wednesday. Yesterday, so we came up to the facility yesterday, went into the locker room, talked to a few guys press conference later.
Speaker 1: On emphasis on few Bland Yes, yes, and Mike McCarthy. I actually waited for that.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: That's why I was watching the game here the first half of the okay, or I started watching, No, I was watching New Orleans in Atlanta, Atlanta. Yeah, that New Orleans couldn't figure out how to see.
Speaker 5: That shows how that shows how weak the schedule was on Fox on Sunday. That was the best, the best noon game they could find this end of the nation was New Orleans Atlanta. That's what happens when you played three games on Thursday and one on Friday and then have the regular Monday night game. But it was a good game on Jacksonville and Houston on CBS yesterday. I watched it, and then the decision had to be made by our people at CBS whether to give the locals Philadelphia Buffalo, which was an easy decision, or Kansas City and Las Vegas, which made my Texas tech grad wife not very not happy.
Speaker 1: But that one so, but having said that, we did have a game on Thursday, didn't we?
Speaker 5: Yes, we did, and what a game it was? Yes, well, the whole day was fun.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a Thanksgiving game that kind of brought so much joy to so many people in so many different respects. Right between Okay, the Cowboys winning by a bundle, Doron Bland breaking the record, the Salvation Army, Red Kettle's jump ins and turkey legs, and then Dolly, how did Jerry describe it better than one of the best days I've had in my Cowboys history? And somebody said the Super Bowls that he goes might have been better, and that's how Cowboys nation.
Speaker 4: That can't be true.
Speaker 5: Well, it was he was caught up in the moment, the win and the wind.
Speaker 4: Wasn't this time in his life right at eighty plus years old. I mean, yeah, I think he means it. It means it means a lot because of where he is in his life.
Speaker 1: And it was the whole atmosphere, the whole thing. Dolly coming out cheerleader.
Speaker 4: Did you know that? Well, that's kind of that's kind of how he made I.
Speaker 6: May have had an idea, you might have had an idea.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: It just made everybody smile, right, I mean, it was just she's so genuine and yeah, it was a pretty neat day.
Speaker 3: And the return was how about that? Pretty damn impressive? So when did he play wide receiver in high school or did he play in college?
Speaker 6: It was he said in high school when we talked to him, he had to be.
Speaker 5: Pretty But on his college bio at Fresno because he was at three years at Sacramento State and then he was at Fresno State, and it said nothing on his collegiate bio, it says nothing about anything in offense in high school. Doesn't mean he didn't play offense in high school. He obviously said he offense, but he was known as a defensive player even in high school, so he played both ways in high school.
Speaker 1: Well, he saw the interception coming from a mile away, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was easy.
Speaker 5: It was getting that was the easy. The crowd roar, the crowd roar when he split through the three that Washington players line that was there was that, There was the crowd roar. There was the crowd roar when he had the pick. Okay, at the everyone okay, and then it kind of dies down. Again again, and then when he broke through the three Washington players at the ten yard line, I thought Corey Seeger hit another home run because it was an extra O. The crowd roar and it was that became the greatest day in Cowboys history.
Speaker 4: At that point.
Speaker 1: Anybody when he talked about it, it was like, well, what were you thinking when you picked the ball off? And he goes, let's go, let's go get it, and so it was like, okay, but he's not going to get by the corn.
Speaker 5: You got three people, man, I don't and I don't care if those three people have never made a tackle in their lives. There are still three people.
Speaker 4: And they looked like theys.
Speaker 1: And mister Humble decided I'm going to celebrate. So he spikes the ball right and then everybody else gets there and it's like, oh, no, you're going in the kettle. But but what stood out to me in the end zone it was a fifth round pick, Duran Bland and two former rookie free agents, Janye Thomas and Marquise Bell were in the end zone. And I saw that and I said, somebody needs a picture of that. Look where these three guys came from, and look where they are right now, and they made sure they got him in the red kettle.
Speaker 5: Like that would be like a picture of Cliff Harris, Drew Pearson and ever Wall. Yes.
Speaker 1: Uh, they and then planning the turkey legs in there and the whole bit.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: I was actually with Marquise's relative, the one that in the beginning told me, and so I was. I visited her this weekend along with my wife, so to be able to you know, she doesn't watch much football, but to be able to tell her, Marquise Bell, your your cousin is a starter for the Dallas Cowboys right now. So all the concern that they had about him early on in training camp, you know, because he's kind of introverted type of guy. Uh, they are feeling so proud of him right now because you know, he's not his journey's not over, but he's definitely far ahead of where he thought he would be.
Speaker 4: At this point.
Speaker 1: His introversion is starting to lift. Actually, command uh, an interview with a bunch of people around and do well excellent?
Speaker 4: Excellent.
Speaker 5: I wonder who did well on our picks this past week. Let's get to that when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 5: The fresh guy who looks white.
Speaker 1: It's not there.
Speaker 5: He escapes flaft.
Speaker 1: He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute not to nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory dropping, there's no topping of school pepsy finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 8: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag brisky in the smoker, Miller Lite and the Tree, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football, Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: Shots k Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Okay, so much to get to looking ahead to Seattle on Thursday, and so much to get to looking back at Thursday, since this is our first time to get together since then, and we want to look at our picks first. Get that out of the worst.
Speaker 1: I think so, I think we all do.
Speaker 10: Bring in a producer Supreme here to just remind us all of our pod picks.
Speaker 4: Up a lot.
Speaker 5: That was the score of the game.
Speaker 4: Is that the game score of the game?
Speaker 6: Should we start there?
Speaker 5: Producer Supreme has it? Hum?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I remember mine, I betana has it?
Speaker 4: I have? Oh Everson, my score was thirty five to twenty. No, no good.
Speaker 3: Savannah's score let me say this, spag score was thirty to seventeen.
Speaker 4: No good, no good. You know you can't go over when you predict this.
Speaker 3: You can't go over what you go on like yours is right, Yes, it's true with this like now you're changing the rules.
Speaker 4: Us have never been changed. Bill had fifty two to twenty on.
Speaker 5: Second wait thirty No, that was the first game on second thought, right, No, it was first. I picked a click was there? So that's a thirty two point margin? Okay, go ahead, Yeah, but they won thirty five?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: No, their score was only forty five forty five yours, which means that you you are also okay, let's geta However, she might have doubled up on US.
Speaker 4: Forty to fourteen, pretty damn.
Speaker 5: Close twenty six point win.
Speaker 4: And I when I we have a little you know, three way uh which.
Speaker 13: Which by the way, Savannah I said, I said we need to add to Savannah to our agree.
Speaker 3: I was the one that said, hey, guys, give me Savannah's number, which.
Speaker 6: All said one that reached out.
Speaker 3: And then that's where Bill comes after the fact, Oh yeah, hey number. So also and she said Turpin would get a touchdown. Now that when it's little because she said correct specifically said special teams.
Speaker 6: I did want a special teams touch He did have a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 3: That was we're ready to kind of give you that. But okay, Spag said d Law would have multiple sacks.
Speaker 4: Did that happen?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, so you you blew it on both both points. Bill said Marquis would have a touchdown.
Speaker 4: I changed it. I changed that one to what I changed it to.
Speaker 5: I changed it because no Mickey knows, I changed it later that day.
Speaker 13: Later that day, I said on our group text, which you aren't a part of Savannah, which will you will now be a part of On the group text, I said, no, I need to change my pick. I can't believe I didn't do this on the air.
Speaker 5: The pick to click on Thanksgiving Day is Cooks. Every cook is a pick to click. So I'm going with Cooks.
Speaker 4: And what he do, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 5: I think he scored a touchdown. Yeah he did. And by the way, Belle is going to be my pick to click on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 4: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Mine mine was okay, thirty five twenty And then I had Pollard, I said, one hundred yards from scrimmagem Y's right, Helly did he have? I believe he had almost one hundred exactly.
Speaker 1: He had thirteen carries for seventy nine yards and receiving, and and come on from scrimmage from scrimmage, Yeah too early, twenty four yards.
Speaker 5: Four come on, one hundred and three.
Speaker 4: Come on. So I'm I'm right behind her. I'm right behind her. She's so we're all here. We give it all to Savannah.
Speaker 5: We're all agreement. Savannah wins.
Speaker 4: Savannah wins, and I get it close.
Speaker 6: Thanksgivy.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: So now we need we need to put this in.
Speaker 5: You can't go over, Okay, go the price is right, Bob Barker has spoken.
Speaker 1: And you can't and you can't keep coming up with gimmicks. Okay, your mind. You know the last thing I told them, would you need to take this more serious?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: And the reason I came up with fifty two points the most points the Cowboys had ever scored on Thanksgiving Day was fifty one against Seattle fifty one to seven in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 10: I just had a feeling the home streak was going to continue and they were going to keep scorn big at home.
Speaker 6: And that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 1: They did now thirteen straight at home.
Speaker 5: In seven games this season, but winning more than twenty points, and which ties the all time records at nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Five of those at home, right, every home game, right, am I? Right? Yes?
Speaker 4: That's right? Yep.
Speaker 1: Well, there are three fourths of the way towards my four game winning streak, one more to go till they get to Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: There's three fifths away to my five game winning had to get.
Speaker 1: To nine and three, and if it wasn't for those two passes that the opponent screwed up. They would have been tied for first right.
Speaker 5: Now, two of them. They still have a chance to be tied for first after the game on December tenth. Yes, Philadelphia lose to San Francisco this week and then to Dallas the next week, and we're all tied up that it didn't stretch run of the season.
Speaker 1: Man, they can pull off some stuff.
Speaker 4: That's all you got to earn it this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this schedule coming down in December for both teams, Philly and Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Phillies gets easier, but Philly is that's the credit to them. Is they're going through their rugged stretch right now and they're unbeaten.
Speaker 1: Through it, figuring out how to win.
Speaker 6: And they have Miami this weekend.
Speaker 5: Correct, Is I thought it was San Francisco.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 11: Me.
Speaker 4: And they do play Miami.
Speaker 5: They already played Miami. They played Miami. Yeah, that was part of this stretch.
Speaker 1: Francisco San frown.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's when Tyer h.
Speaker 5: San Francisco's playing well now they got it back together. In fact, if you look at the NFC now with Detroit losing to Green Bay on Thanksgiving Day, yes, I think you clearly put Philly, San Francisco, and Dallas top three teams in the NFC, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt Detroit just but they just don't know how to you know, win yet. They don't know how to be a target. They're a target this year.
Speaker 5: By the way, green Bay is I like what Jordan Love is doing.
Speaker 1: They're starting to sneak into this thing, and.
Speaker 5: With their young receiving cores.
Speaker 1: So my standing say that green Bay's five and six right now, and that's really only one game away from the wild card birth I don't care about.
Speaker 5: Seattle comes in here at five.
Speaker 1: Six and five Minnesota six and five, by the way, Seattle place here, and then they play at San Francisco, having just lost to San Francisco on Thursday night. Then they play at Dallas, and they get San Francisco again, and then they get Philadelphia. How about the stretch for them? And they preceded that by losing.
Speaker 5: At the Rams. Who I mean, Sean mcvay's doing a great coaching job with the Rams, and they've got Stafford back well. And so Seattle comes in here staring if they lose to Dallas, there'll be six and six in San Francisco and Philadelphia they're staring six and eight in the face.
Speaker 1: And then in the hot race in the South, it's a two way tie for first at five and five and now Tampa Bay at four and seven, only one game off the pace.
Speaker 5: And Carolina fires their coach this morning.
Speaker 1: Well who's going to get fired this week? And the Cowboys are.
Speaker 3: Still doing pretty well without Frank Yeah, yeah, which I'm surprised I did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought Frank would really show him, you know, I thought he takes some receipts, as the young people say these days.
Speaker 4: No, not this, not with the Panthers, not with that.
Speaker 5: You know what happened for the coach that's helped them as their rookie quarterback got hurt and they got a veteran to Carolina would have a better record if Andy Dalton was their quarterback.
Speaker 11: Mhm.
Speaker 1: But I bet that was an organizational decision that this guy had to start. And then they.
Speaker 5: Stroud count C. J.
Speaker 1: Stroud just got a coach fired basically, basically, or the Cowboys did for beating these teams so badly.
Speaker 4: Now, that's one thing that that I've noticed.
Speaker 3: When the Cowboys beat a team, I mean, they it's it's they They dismantled the entire team.
Speaker 1: Well, they fired Jack del Real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean people, people are losing jobs. You know, they're not just winning the game that you know.
Speaker 5: How about the how about the Carolina though making this decision in the first year, eleven games in to their first year for this head coach? Here, think of the financial decision that is that David Tepper just made. It's basically, i mean, going right on head coaches in this league. You would think six million a year, five years, that's six million. That's thirty million dollars there, plus the coaching staff and basically gets turned over when a new coach comes on. That's a forty million dollar mistake or decision.
Speaker 1: Go ask a and m Yeah. But not only that, the season is not even over right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It didn't even give it a.
Speaker 1: Shot unless you know who you want to hire.
Speaker 3: But okay, when you look at Frank Wright, you know he's a guy that you would think could communicate with a quarterback with the potential.
Speaker 5: And communicate with an owner who just who just signed me?
Speaker 4: You just signed me? You knew that, you pretty much knew this was going to happen. They probably were going to be growing pain, you know, but it was gonna be gompags. Yes, so I don't know what he expected.
Speaker 1: Not like this means anything.
Speaker 8: But Tepper's worth twenty billion.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: Just letting him it's like forty bucks.
Speaker 8: Six billion dollars. How much he's worse.
Speaker 4: I haven't said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wor a lot of money, but but it still doesn't bode well for the operations. You know, now, unless he has someone else in mind, what do you do now? You know you're gonna still how you're gonna find someone better than Frank.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's got a college coach that he wants to hire. Maybe and he wants to get a jump start on it's gonna get college is almost over right, or just conference championships?
Speaker 5: Guy who coached Bryce Young in college? Yeah, Bill O'Brien is New England as a coordinator. As a coordinator, that's a yeah. I thought they got to I assume they're not firing Bryce Young.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe you thought Sagan was ready to come back.
Speaker 5: Oh oh that would be a story. All right, So Mickey, you got your legal pad filled with give and we want to get to that when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 4: In just a moment.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff gates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Light and the Cook, the America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberrown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they Schnapper, a.
Speaker 5: Prush guy who looks right it's not there, he escape left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 11: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with it's perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 9: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 11: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool, pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: Shots experience the most electrone electrifying event of the holiday season. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant every Friday and Saturday night now through December sixteenth. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes.
Speaker 6: Visit thestardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mickey, tell us what you got on your legal pad.
Speaker 1: I've got a note here that says Shaq Leonard is coming in for a visit tomorrow. Wow. So I did a little bit of research on this, I was told. So it was game day. I guess that they had put a call in to whoever they needed to call to kind of research this, and they were gonna kind of look at it. Their Their initial fear was there were other teams that were very interested in him, and they were including the Eagles too. By the way, I think you point out that the Eagles lost in the coat Kobe Dean na Kobe Dean uh, and they were there was multiple teams that were going to be interested in them.
Speaker 12: So now.
Speaker 1: It could come down to money, but it also could come down to since the Colts are on the books for his base salary this year, and they made this decision knowing that they were going to have to count for twenty seven million dollars in dead money by releasing him, and so it was like, well, why are they doing this? And he attended the Colts game on Sunday and they showed him on the big board and he got a standing ovation, and I'm going, whoever made that decision? I wonder if management was happy.
Speaker 4: With that video.
Speaker 1: So I decided to kind of look into this thing. And obviously he's had back problems. In twenty twenty two, he had two surgeries for nerve damage in his back. He only played three games, but this year he started nine games, but he was going to be benched, and so I decided to kind of look on how he played in his last three games. And he's got sixty five tackles this season. And in Week eight he had eleven tackles against New Orleans and a loss. In Week nine he had ten against Carolina and a wing a win, and Week ten he had nine tackles against New England in a ten to six win. So he was playing, he was starting, and then they basically told him he wasn't going to start anymore. So it's kind of a curious decision by the Colts unless they decided they wanted to move forward with younger guys. But I think the Cowboys saw that he was pretty active while he was playing, even though technically from what I read, he wasn't playing at the same level he did to win all those Pro Bowls and All Pros at a linebacker, and they were kind of changing how they were going to play their defense. But you know, when I saw their starting lineups and where he played, he was like a weak side linebacker. So it'll be interesting to see what kind of meeting they have. They It might not be about money. It might be about him saying, well, where can I go and have a chance to win in the playoffs, meaning probably a Super Bowl. So we'll see if you know what happens. The good thing about him is he's ready to play. This is not like Rashaun Evans had been sitting on his couch.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The downside is is you got to look at his health and then how much is it going to cost? You be interesting to see where they.
Speaker 4: Go, is that back right? Yes, we want to find out.
Speaker 1: And his visit is tomorrow, yeah, real, Tuesday, Tuesday, Yeah, even though tomorrow's Friday.
Speaker 5: A couple of primary players on the Cowboys defense, A couple of starters have played with him before in Indianapolis, Stephan Gilmour last year and Malie.
Speaker 1: Cooker, so they should know.
Speaker 5: So they have a pretty good read from a players standpoint, what kind of.
Speaker 1: Game and a connection a connection for him to say, well, I've played with these guys. Now, having said that, I don't know that linebacker's been their problem with the play of Dumont Clark and Marquise Bell has been pretty good. You know. They finally got Evans into the game on Thursday. He ended up.
Speaker 5: Playing where's my note here?
Speaker 1: I think I think he had fifteen defensive snack.
Speaker 5: I think the way dan Quinn uses his personnel on defense, any second level linebacker level player, I mean, he used him in a variety of ways, and you it would be prudent to fortify that position as much as you can going forward, just to make sure that you're set there because it's important, you know, on down the road. In December January, February to make sure that you're you're set at that position, because you think about it, they didn't they didn't really replace Anthony Barr in free agency last year. What they did they went to marve On Overshown. Okay, that was the replacement. Well he goes down, So then Marquis Bell moves from safety to there, which has been great though. And he's a hybrid. Yeah, yeah, and he's more you know, we'll see where jay Ron Curse is with his that kept him out of the game on Thursday, but he's still and that's right, and so those so this would be a player that would be more along the lines of your traditional linebacker who's a great past defender as well, and when he's healthy. Uh, but I think with the vandersh injury, yeah, you bring in Rashaan Evans, but also I would go this guy because what if what if you.
Speaker 1: Have another injury and where are you and Evans? Yeah, so help remind me. Did they they did put Evans on the fifty three, right, Yes, they they had to finally moved that was so you're you're sort of one injury away that was having problems and.
Speaker 5: You know, they got had the injury last week junior for Hoko goes down with his injury. Yeah, which shot shots, that's right to the fifty three injuries come.
Speaker 8: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 10: Speaking of injuries, you mentioned Jaron Curse. So Mike McCarthy did say today that he will participate in the majority. You've practiced today, getting increase in reps from what he did yesterday. And they had a jog through yesterday, so I guess we'll find out a few behind us.
Speaker 1: And he said Curse took like half the snaps yesterday, but it was at a slower pace. So today it'll be the only practice really a practice, even though I'm sure they don't have pads on. I didn't think I saw them when they went out there, but at least they had their helmets on, so this will be. So this was a kind of a big headline on a wire story about Seattle being confused about the week because they were trying to explain to him that this is really Thursday, it's not you know whatever and uh, and they were making a big deal out them.
Speaker 8: I go, what's the big deal?
Speaker 1: Do you ever play on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Before they have?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: And maybe they didn't play back to back, but usually they try to do that for the teams that are playing on Thanksgiving to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know of any time where they have had a team that played on like the Cowboys, where you would play Thursday to Thursday and your opponent the thought though on the second Thursday would be a team that played on Sunday. They don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they try to. That's what they've been trying to do of late. Uh and cut down on the travel too, by the way, But yeah, I thought that was that was amusing to me. But anyway, Yeah, from an injury standpoint there, he was the only guy anybody asked about was cursed. So they should be in pretty good shape there.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: So it was from from are you guys for signing Leonard of film for a reasonable amount of money?
Speaker 4: You need we need it's probably true linebacker.
Speaker 1: We need a true line and it's probably for what what what's left? Six games?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 1: Five games? What are we eleven?
Speaker 6: We're on week We're going into week thirteen, so we'll.
Speaker 1: Have six games left, right, No, sixth the record is eight and three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, six games left, so this is the end of the second Trimester's confusing it's because we have six games in the first trimester, six games in the second trimester, but only five in the third trimester.
Speaker 1: Well maybe the first I guess the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, it sounds like the coaches in favor of an eighteen game season to eave it out as trimesters.
Speaker 1: And if he's not unless somebody gives him a long term deal, which I can't imagine they'll do. You're just paying them for this year and he can be a free agent and then.
Speaker 5: We see what happens next year. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So I think I think the connections we have with Hooka and Gilmore Gilmore, that's your really should really should.
Speaker 1: And then you have a little bit more depth at the linebackers. Let's see how Yeah they got it, that's what they've got to check. Yeah, because everything I've read he has it. But he's made a lot of tackles, just maybe not as he only has two tackles for losses and it zeroed out on everything else. When I looked up his stats.
Speaker 5: I realized it. It's been four days now, I guess since Thanksgiving Day and that great win. Anything else from that win though, that sticks in your mind. Four days later.
Speaker 1: That was a.
Speaker 5: Made it so special. We talked about some of it, but there's so much that happened that was, you know, the thing about it what it was a close game going to the fourth quarter these but it's like, you know what in college, I had a roommate. It had a piranhum.
Speaker 4: We had a fish.
Speaker 6: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 4: I was like, what where is this story? Okay?
Speaker 5: And on Friday afternoons he would feed the piranha.
Speaker 1: Only once a week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he would start the pirana all week and then on Friday afternoons he would feed the piranha. And so we would have watching perana watching.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, they probably had beers, and just.
Speaker 1: Why was not a part of this?
Speaker 13: The tank?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and what you take.
Speaker 5: About four four feet wide, there's a big tank. Whatever, And so he would go get some gold fish.
Speaker 4: No, anyway, gold fish.
Speaker 1: Probably I wouldn't have part of this.
Speaker 5: It was my roommate who did it. I'm not party to it, Okay, I just sort of served.
Speaker 4: He kept it on the seafood.
Speaker 5: But that's what I get, the feeling and the don't stick your hand in there. No, Marana's like hands.
Speaker 1: So how did we get to the Piranha for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: I feel like in the fourth quarter, early quarter of these games, I have a flashback to my roommate's Piranha in college, and it's like, all right here it is fourth as soon as that happened, like I have to look see what happened in the fourth it was a twenty to ten game. And then so we get to the fourth quarter and Aubrey kicks a field goal to go up twenty three to ten. Yes, yes, he did, twenty three to ten.
Speaker 1: At that point he had missed.
Speaker 8: That was the point.
Speaker 5: For that was the point where all of a sudden, I got this feeling that, okay, it's Piranha time. But actually it was Mike a time. He had a sack on the first play, and then Hankins had a sack on a fourth and one play, and then after that it was the CD touchdown. It's thirty one to ten with ten thirty two left, and then after that it's the Camante touchdown. It's thirty eight to ten, and then Deron Blent that was the feeding frenzy, and that was the Friday afternoon Piranha time. And this has happened multiple times over the last year, including the Indianapolis game.
Speaker 3: On the other side of that, that's what makes me nervous about playing on the road because we don't exhibit that on the road, so therefore those games are always closer. Well, they did it, and we have problems when we feel the pressure.
Speaker 1: Well, it certainly helped that riverboat Ron goes for it on fourth and one at his own thirty four. I could have told them that one guy turned.
Speaker 3: Out, and you know, they make stupid mistakes like that, the opposition. He's not the first coach to come in and like the Giants, they.
Speaker 4: Came in with a stupid play call.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand it's twenty three to ten, but still at your own thirty four, they blow themselves up and then Hankins, of all people, gets a second sack of the game.
Speaker 5: You're right, of all people.
Speaker 1: And then after the Cowboys scored, they faced fourth and four at the Dallas thirty five and went for it again. At least it was at the thirty five. But it didn't take long for Turpin to run a hell of a route to get open on the touchdown on third and six. You know what was the Cook's route was amazing how he got two guys right, he fake kind of in out and then goes back in and both the safety in the corner bid on it. But I'll tell you when you ask what stood out. I thought the offensive line might have had one of.
Speaker 5: Its three straight games without a sack allowed yep.
Speaker 1: And and I thought it was indicative of how they were playing on the screen. Passed the dottle when you saw Biattish and Zach Martin pull ye, they got their guys and then Ferguson took care of the last guy. And I know Donald gets all the credit, but that was some offensive line play.
Speaker 3: That was a nice nice as Cebis pulling around there like he was Kelsey or somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, to close it out. As you were going down your legal pad, I was doing some research what producer Supreme told us about how much money David Tepper makes or what he's worth, which is in the range of twenty billion dollars. And when you let a coach go and a coaching staff and I threw out forty million dollar decision, that would be the equivalent of someone who makes one hundred thousand dollars a year making a two hundred dollars payment.
Speaker 1: I was going to say twenty thousand.
Speaker 5: It's two hundred dollars payment for a for someone who makes one hundred thousand dollars a year. That's the equivalent. Okay, what's forty million dollars to twenty million dollars?
Speaker 4: He let me see what I have in my I still think it's a long move.
Speaker 3: Still think I think there's still a hasty move like spat, say, unless he has someone else in.
Speaker 5: Here, all right, that does it. We went overtime on a Monday, oh a Thursday edition of Mixed Shots, and we will see you again on Friday or Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys. This has been a
Speaker 2: Production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.