Speaker 1: Quile com CEO Christianammon. I'm told that there are going to be some surprises at Computex. On stage. It's just you and I tell me what the surprises will be, not for bridges on stage.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be about bringing the ecosystem together. If anything, it's going to be quocun showing that we're really in the PC market to stay and the entire ecosystem is supporting us. But yeah, we'll have some interesting Easter egg on our materials and you'll see it. I think you're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: This is I'd say the advent of the AIPC will wait a bit of time for volume sales around the world. But I still feel like the consumer is thinking, well, when I open the box and I take out my AIPC and I fire it up or I power it up, what is going to be materially different from the PC that I already have?
Speaker 2: The fundamental difference and I believe the copilot plus demonstrated about Microsoft as a great starting point is the how you use your machine, how you interact your machine, is going to be very different than what you used to do in your PC. Personally, I think this is as significant as a Windows ninety five type transition. For example, the thing that's going to be different every single pixel on the screen is index it. So you all do need to do is to tell the machine in natural language. I've seen a YouTube video about some yellow cupcakes. Can you bring that to me and we'll say, yes, this is what you saw several days ago, this was the video. Or you can say I've seen the document, I see a PowerPoint that had a picture like that, and we'll bring the PowerPoint. This is just one feature. Recall how you're going to create things you sketch and he finishes the job for you. And simple things as having a team's call, which is now how we use PCs. You can actually add subtitles in real time on any language to any speaker that is speaking a different language. Those are things that were not possible before.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about what you're saying, Cristiano, is it applies to the everyday person. It seems, you know, it seems based on what you're saying, that the consumer can go to Best Buy and buy a product and notice the difference. I think some of the skepticism is that a lot of the functionality is best serving knowledge workers. What do you make of that?
Speaker 2: No, I think this is very profound. Really, the AI is changing the productivity or everything you do on your laptop, and you're correct. I think consumers will be able to see the difference, but also will actually help knowledge workers be more productive or actually have knowledge to do things that they didn't have before. And I think that's how we should be thinking about the future of personal computing. It's more than what we have done today. Is now having an assistant to help you do things and even help you teach you, teach you to do things they didn't know how to do before.
Speaker 1: Because battery life absolutely tops the polls in terms of what's important to so many people. Is the battery life component of the AIPC going to sway people this time around?
Speaker 2: Look, I love talking about this because actually this is one of the reasons that you see every single one, no exceptions of the laptops have been ANNOUNCEO Copilot plus being on Qualcom Snapdragon acceleite. The reason it's very simple. Think about this. You have a CPU that is doing a job. You have a GPU, your graphic or processor unit is doing another job. But now you have this other computing engine which is the neural processing unit that is just running out all the time. It will simply not run on the other platforms other than the snap Dragon Acceleite because you have to have the full day of battery life.
Speaker 1: So first I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna tell you when we look on the early days of the Copila Plus while running on a Qualcom platform, will take about twenty thirty minutes of consumption of the overall days of years of a battery we're taking on the competing platforms five to six hours. That was unacceptable. Now when you step back and you look at this new computer running on Accelead with Copila Plus, Microsoft show twenty two hours of video playback with the AI running, that's a whole different paradigm. So people are gonna be able to not only have the best performance, not only have the AI use case now having a very small and thin laptop, but they're gonna have battery life for everything they need to do. You're gonna leave your charger at.
Speaker 1: Home, Christiano, From one technology to another. When grandmothers all around the world go to the store and buy their first AIPC and they take it home and they try to plug in their printer, will it work, of course you will.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that it's important to understand the journey that we have been on Microsoft is it's a fundamental shift from Microsoft changing Windows from x eighty six to an ARM instruction set and it's changed into an AIPC. And part of what we have been doing is to bring the ecosystem along. Is not only the printers, it is not only the docking station, also the games. We've been working with Microsoft to have the top twelve hundred games optimized on the platform, and it's really about the future of the Windows ecosystem. So the thing to think about it is not only you'll be able to work for old printer, but you'll be able to do things you were not able to do before with your old PC.
Speaker 1: Christiana, we recognize the following that snap Dragon Excelle has. You can go on any social media platform I see it. But Intel still sort of dominates the traditional sales channels for PC. They've got their name on all the shelves. You know, quod cooms in a different part of its history, but do you think you can take them on on those sales channels, the marketing spend, the R and D where they're quite entrenched.
Speaker 2: Okay, so on the R and D, I beg to differ. I think the performance leadership now is clearly within the Windows ecosystem and it's clearly worth excellete just looking on the CPU performance Orion's custom CPU developed by Qualcoms, the vested CPU out there for any personal computing, and then the NPU and EI engine. It's only possible on a QUALKM platform. So I do beg to differ on the R and D. But let's just talk about the big question, which is it's a new market, it's a new channel for qualk, and I'll tell you what is different this time. There are two aspects. One aspect is consumers are more savvy and consumers actly come from a phone. Actually, your most important purchase decision, I will think today is your smartphone, and you have another knowledge coming from the phone. So stop Snapdragon is not something new to you. But the most important thing is exactly not that. Well, the most important thing when you usually see the incumbency position on PC is at the enterprise, but the enterprise actually has US and Microsoft one hundred percent aligne. Usually enterprises have been slower to adopt new version of Windows. But Microsoft actually is doing a great job with enterprises around the world to get them to embrace the copilot in the Copilot Plus, So that's a big tailwind. The Microsoft is driving the enterprises into the future of AIPC. That's great new for Qualcom, and that builds on the incredible platform which is Snapdragon acceleat.
Speaker 1: Christiano. Based on those data points, then remind me of where you see volumes for the AIPC in its first kind of full twelve months and the adoption by all markets.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's just starting. So we have twenty two laptops the gut launch and I think that's on the first wave. They are hitting these shelves now, some pre order, some are already available for purchase, and it's going to go through summer to back to school, which is a big PC season. So our fiscal ear ends in September, so for us, it will be a material event in fiscal twenty five and that's just the beginning. I think the other data point ad is we're new, We're new to this market, so it's all an expansion and growth for Qualcom and we don't have to make heroic assumptions, but we like the affect that there's a huge opportunity for an upgrade cycle driven by AI, and we're now a key participant in the market.