Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. I'm Jim Statavac along with Carol Masser.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move.
Speaker 2: We're joined by Tanitza Seikhova with some stocks that are moving.
Speaker 3: Heya, SpaceX, right have we SpaceX?
Speaker 1: Have we mentioned it? Last time I checked, SPACEPX was down ticker is SPCX for as much as thirteen percent. Of course, this is the first real picture we have about the company's fundamental and actually in many important metrics. Analysts were pretty impressed. The metric that caused a lot of uproar is, of course, capital expenditure. This is something we've been worried for a very long time, and that number is twenty eight point five billion in the first half. This is significantly four times more the spending year earlier. So incredible number, and that's pretty much overshadowed the rest of the report.
Speaker 3: This is what we folks, you got to spend if you do an AI. I think that's as simple, but investors aren't so loving it. This is I don't know. It's an interesting story, and I think we it's going to take a little bit longer right to figure it out. But investors not in pressed today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you look at the AI revenue and it's a little bit over three billion, and then this is so much less than their connectivity business. We're talking starlink, So you're having this like you're spending so much and so far we're not seeing a big payoff. So yeah, I understand anxiety. And also on Thursday, insiders can sell shares, so things are very vulataile.
Speaker 3: We they don't like it at this price, so how they're gonna like it? And there's so much more out there. New York Times let's go there. Take our NYT stock down fifteen percent as we.
Speaker 1: Speak, pretty real day. This is actually the worst sale of since twenty twelve if we continue to see the price like that. Actually, the report wasn't so bad. We saw a lot of the metrics in line with estimates. People seem to be worried about spending again, so what city is saying? While most metrics came in line with guidance, the firms suggested operating expenses were higher that expected. They're pointing to sales and marketing as the two big drivers. We saw a big growth in digital only subscribers, but compared to the trend they've had for quite some times, this is slowing down a little bit, and anlysts are a little bit worried. Last year they had a great year. It was up more than thirty percent, So I think the bar is pretty high, and investors are anxious about any type of capital expenditure and any type of spending.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk travel booking here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, travel is doing great booking and it's actually coming from the US. We've been all very worried about travel with obviously feel costs and all that, but US the World Cup has been boosting travel. The company is up nearly seven percent. The ticker is BK and G. Travel demand has remained firm. Where yet to see because we're seeing very mixed signals. We saw a lot of the hotels reporting and it's very different reports done with the World Cup. What happens next big questions to see, but a lot of optimism from Booking, which has had a pretty rough year here today that's still down despite the booster seeing today, So.
Speaker 3: I want to go on a trip.
Speaker 2: I need to go going.
Speaker 3: We have some work ones in the fall.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going on vacation soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but I'm not getting on a plane.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.