Speaker 1: Hey, little something special for you. Today it's brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and this is a second date podcast. But every Thursday you're getting something just a little bit different from our show. And I think we've had one of these, right, yep, we have before it Okay, blind Love is which is totally not a ripoff of a famous television reality.
Speaker 2: Show original our own idea.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean what happens is sometimes listeners call in for help with their love life on our show and it just doesn't work out, right, we can't get the other person on the phone or that's usually actually the only reasons. H Yeah, So we get him to do this instead and go on basically a first date, a matchmaking date, live on the radio, so.
Speaker 4: Which not awkward at all.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, always works out great.
Speaker 2: So here it goes.
Speaker 1: It starts right now.
Speaker 3: For the last few months, we've been trying a radio knockoff version of the Netflix show Love.
Speaker 4: Is blind Y. Well, today it's happening again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: But this time there's a twist, and I promise you the contestants never saw it coming, even with Brooks, Sherlock Holmes magnifying glasses strapped onto her face. Even she couldn't see this coming.
Speaker 1: I just get twenty twenty vision with them. They don't magnify anything for me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be just as shocked when you hear it in a brand new Blind Love Is. It's happening next. Netflix says the show Love is blind. Ah, but we have our own edition called blind Love Is.
Speaker 2: I did like.
Speaker 4: One person reason.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners did text in the suggestion love has glaucoma.
Speaker 3: Oh see, very well, yeah, we'll consider it, but for now it's blind love is. Okay, we've tried it a few times before with the same premise as Love is blind. Two people who've never met before can't see each other. They just talk to see if a romantic connection sparks out of nowhere. And I want to go around the room real quick. Thumbs up, thumbs down, thumbs medium for this second, alexis, were your thumbs.
Speaker 5: I like this segment.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was three options and you didn't show any of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, thumbs up is the translation Brook where your thumbs.
Speaker 1: One up, one down? You know, I feel like we've had some good couples of.
Speaker 2: That's what the thumbs medium was for.
Speaker 3: Okay side, I regret this whole ratings.
Speaker 4: Sorry about the lady.
Speaker 3: Keep it easy for me, he say, wear your thumbs thumbs up, buddy, thank you.
Speaker 4: That was so difficult.
Speaker 1: Ladies, he said, I didn't want to do thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up and played by the rules. Well, two people thumb yeah, both of them. Okay, I'm not going to where.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We have two brand new people on the phone right now. Their names are Christina and Gabriel, and they both called in for second dates that we couldn't do for one reason or another. But they were up for trying this with us since they're both single and other than the last time, where we hear a lot of small talk for five straight minutes. We've asked them to do a little.
Speaker 1: At a homework oh wait on each other.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, just to be creative with the questions that they want to ask to each other.
Speaker 1: Prepared.
Speaker 3: They've come prepared and I can't wait to see how it goes. Let's just step back right now and put them on. Remember, you know we need quiet in the room. We could talk about it after, but right now it's their moment, their show their thumbs.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Christina, you can say hi to Gabriel and then we're going to step back.
Speaker 6: Hi, Gabe, Hey, Hello, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know, pretty good. I'm just happy to get a chance to speak what okay, to speak Yeah, to get a chance to you know, maybe get to know anymore.
Speaker 5: Or at all.
Speaker 6: Hi. Are you ready for some questions?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am okay.
Speaker 6: So first question, if you were an animal, what animal would you kiss?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: What animal would I kiss?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: My last girlfriend said that I had kind of like a longer tongue, so like maybe like a giraffe.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, then I mean not like you know, not like I'm like grabbing food from a tree, but like I would be supportive in the act of kissing.
Speaker 6: Oh, I did not expect that.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you what animal you would kiss?
Speaker 6: Like? Okay, let me think because I know I asked you, but I didn't actually think of what I would say. Probably a chicken And I know that sounds bad, but chickens they just peck and they don't have lips. So yeah, so you have lips though, right, I mean I have lips, They're just really thin, like highly Jenner pre fillers that I thought.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think pretty much as long as you have, you know, if there's if there's a target, you know there, I think I think we're good. I mean my giraffe situation. You know, I feel like I'd be able to land a kiss on a chicken if that.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah makes sense.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you my question?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So my question is a little bit more specific, but it was, what's your favorite episode of Fraggle Rock.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that is? Is that on Netflix? Oh?
Speaker 5: Uh, you don't know what Fragle Rock? Okay, No, it's you know the Muppets, right, Fraggle and Ober the mm Now I know the Muppets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like the cartoon exactly.
Speaker 5: This is like parallel to that. But it was, Uh, I was gonna show you some of the episodes because they were pretty pretty pretty unique.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So when was the last time that you cried?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh, that can making me think.
Speaker 7: One was the last night I cried?
Speaker 5: Probably when they said that Fraggle Rock was ending.
Speaker 6: Wow, you must have really liked that shell.
Speaker 5: What about you?
Speaker 7: Is there something that made you mabe?
Speaker 6: So? Actually, the last time was during COVID M so I ran out of the paper. It was a frustrating time.
Speaker 8: It's just not good.
Speaker 5: Probably a bad time to be crying, right because you don't even have the toilet paper.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean like tears heres you could wipe on like your shirt, but not other things. Doesn't make sense. Yeah, I would grab my TV.
Speaker 8: But can't try on their areas.
Speaker 2: This is the perfect time for us to step in. Let's let's on that note. Can we put them both on hold for a second?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lowering.
Speaker 1: I love the prepared questions.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's be honest. We we asked them to be creative and they went for it. Let's give them some credit for that.
Speaker 1: I love the two questions she came up with are what annimal do you kiss like?
Speaker 2: And when it was lost him you cried like?
Speaker 3: Those are very Yeah, well she's cutting right to the core of who he is as a person, like where are his emotions at?
Speaker 2: How is he romantically? I think they're kind of cute now and you can't get the picture of a giraffe making out with a chi.
Speaker 4: Long tongue and kissing someone with leg Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that she was confident about her thin lips.
Speaker 4: Still she owns it.
Speaker 3: So this is a tough one because I'd say the few couples that we've had on before this may have had a little more chemistry.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: But the questions are so good. I feel like he started off really nervous and he's starting to warm up by the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not one hundred percent sure. I'm on the fence about it. Text in seven eighty five nine two. If you think Christina and Gabriel should continue their conversation or do you think we should move on to another potential couple that we have lined up on the lines too, so.
Speaker 1: We just dump them both?
Speaker 2: We could do it dirty like.
Speaker 3: That text in sevent eighty five nine to you the word keep if you want to hear more, or next if you think.
Speaker 2: We should move on.
Speaker 3: We'll find out when we come back for more Blind Love Is. Right after this, we're in the middle of another heart pounding edition of Blind Love Is. We just asked the listeners if they want to hear more from Christina and Gabriel, and on the text board at seventy five nine to two, almost seventy percent said nope.
Speaker 4: Next show.
Speaker 1: We were just getting awkward enough to be entertaining, getting the entire thing.
Speaker 3: Apparently, the listeners have heard enough about giraffe chicken makeouts, weren't hearing and you.
Speaker 4: Got to go with the vibe on these.
Speaker 3: So we've officially ditched Christina and Gabriel and we have a brand new couple ready to meet for the very first time.
Speaker 4: On our show. Oh my god, s happening so fast, Jeffrey. People want to be blinded by love. Apparently, But before we get to them, here's the new twist.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Instead of the usual four minutes to chat with each other to get to know one another, they're only gonna have three because at the very end we're adding a new feature called serenade.
Speaker 1: Escapade, Oh are they going to sing to each other? Please? Some of their singing to each other.
Speaker 3: That means, after they get to know your part, our two listeners will romantically sing to one another.
Speaker 1: Ye I love you for this. I know that you came up with this part.
Speaker 4: I am not serenading you, broke, Okay, I want to make that very clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do that every Friday already.
Speaker 3: Whatever song the two listeners want to sing to try and build an even stronger.
Speaker 1: Connection, I honestly, I love bad karaoke.
Speaker 4: So this is this is a good karaoke.
Speaker 3: It's a win win, and it shows that you're fun. You're willing to put yourself out there, be vulnerable. It doesn't matter if you're not a great singer.
Speaker 4: This isn't the voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not looking for amazing vocalists, just people willing to risk it for love.
Speaker 1: Already, Alexis wants to crawl under the table. Yeah. I actually hope one of them is worse than me.
Speaker 4: I may feel.
Speaker 3: You could do the backup vocals for one of them while they sing. But we have two new people. Their names are April and Polly, and once again going to open the phone lines for them. We're going to back away, not say anything, let them meet and find out if blind truly love is I hate all right, it's not for you, it's for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Polly and April, you two can say hi to each other and then we're gonna step away, all right, go ahead, Hi, Polly.
Speaker 10: Hello, Yeah, Hey, yeah, I'm holding.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 9: Hey Polly you there?
Speaker 10: Oh hey, hey how are you?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 9: How's it going? Sorry? Just one second?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 10: Uh huh okay, Hey, I was just trying to I'm sorry. Hey, I was buying some shoes on Amazon. My car got declined for some reason. Because I'm on the customer chat trying to work it out.
Speaker 4: It's on the segment.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, So I just come on the line right now and I've been waiting for a How are you though, how's things?
Speaker 9: What's up? Oh geez, I'm good. I mean that sucks your your car got declined. I think we supposed to chat though, and like kind.
Speaker 6: Of get to know each other.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, yeah, it's just hard to get them on otherwise. I never do this, but I I yeah, let's.
Speaker 9: Talk about it. Let's talk.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: Well this is like kind of distracting a little bit, but okay, So Polly, what do you love to do for fun? You know?
Speaker 6: I like?
Speaker 10: Uh I like sports and uh.
Speaker 7: I like come on kidding me.
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, what did you say this?
Speaker 8: I was asking, like what you like?
Speaker 10: See service person just he's asked, Oh wait. They keep asking if I have another card I could use. I don't know what.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: They keep trying to interrupt me while I'm talking to you.
Speaker 7: Uh okay, it's just bead timing.
Speaker 9: Uh, okay. Well, my my question is if so, if you could travel anywhere in the link of an eye, where would you go?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Where is Amazon's headquarters?
Speaker 10: Because maybe if I go there, I get straighten the south past.
Speaker 8: And all them.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean for me, it'd probably be Bora, Bora. I just I've always wanted to go there, and I've never seen such blue waters.
Speaker 10: No other cars declined to It's just so.
Speaker 7: I'll get it, Polly.
Speaker 9: Okay, Like, I feel like you're not real key into this operator station.
Speaker 3: Oh and look at that, right in the middle of this romantic conversation, it is time for our serenade.
Speaker 4: Escapade. That was only three minutes, but it felt like, oh, hold on.
Speaker 2: It might get better with the singing.
Speaker 4: Are you still doing the singing?
Speaker 3: Don't bring the mood down, Brook, We're at a very romantic point in the conversation, April, why don't you start us off with a romantic song for Polly kids. I want to make sure he finishes what he has to do.
Speaker 9: So, oh my gosh, I had like, so I had my song picked out, but I mean this is kind of like I picked it out before this conversation happened.
Speaker 8: Where kind of worse still.
Speaker 4: With what's in your heart?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, hold, he said, all hold, just let her sing pollie.
Speaker 9: Okay, baby, come down, Come down girl, that your body eat from my heart? Or lockdown for lockdown? Oh, lockdown girl? You sweet like Fanta? Oh Fanta? If I tell you say I love you? No, no, tell me no no no.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: Very nice, well done. I think we got it. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Older, I hate Paullie.
Speaker 4: We're running out of time here. We need you to serenade April for us.
Speaker 8: Why did you.
Speaker 3: This is just need fifteen seconds of you singing your your best love song for April.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: The connection already, but let's really drive it home right.
Speaker 9: What I want?
Speaker 10: You got in behind the candle?
Speaker 9: Oh, playing the firms candle?
Speaker 8: Oh candy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, April, your knees as weak as I think.
Speaker 4: Yourself.
Speaker 6: I mean there, I'm just I have the giggle for her.
Speaker 4: Oh she's got butterflies right now. This is strong games. He still got her smiling. Yeah, she's not laughing before, she's interested. There's no way, April I.
Speaker 9: Didn't get anything about you except that you like sports, and I guess your cards are declining.
Speaker 6: It's not good.
Speaker 4: Is there anything else?
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you would like to say to April before our time is up here?
Speaker 10: Uh? Yeah, so they actually declined my other cards and it's they say it's the problem in their system, because I know it's not mine.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: Anyway, you don't you don't have faith Pal.
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 5: Because I could maybe use your PA and pay you back.
Speaker 2: Oh hell no, are you sorry me to answer for you, April?
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely, No, you can't have my PayPal?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 7: I can't wait to get together?
Speaker 6: Actually nice? Thank you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm really glad that we went with a second couple. I really think this proved once and for all really blind love is.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: Let the listeners decide test into seven eighty five nine too.
Speaker 2: I'm still one to tell how hot was that conversation?
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well that was a wild ending. Yeah, when you're looking for a person who's really going to pay attention to you, there's no red flags there, right. Yeah, we got to this singing. I thought we might have peaked. I know it just knows dived real bad.
Speaker 5: She was darling.
Speaker 1: I hope she finds somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm so willing to do this.
Speaker 1: And apparently we got some comments already on this blether funny.
Speaker 2: One person said, Paulie's the biggest fail on the show.
Speaker 1: In a long long time.
Speaker 2: Bravo.
Speaker 10: That's a hat.
Speaker 2: That's a hat to wear.
Speaker 1: A crown in this compliment to night Train said this segment has never been this bad. You never know when we're going to reach a new low thanks to Paulie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blame him, and I.
Speaker 2: Think we did it today.
Speaker 1: So hey, let us know what you think, who you're rooting for, and maybe someone you hate that you want to sign up for Blind Love is you know, it's a little punishment. You can always follow our socials. It's at Brook and Jeffrey and our website Brooknjeffrey dot com. Thanks so much,