Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, honoree pro bowler, all Pro Madden Adjuster. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, and we have a very special guest tonight. He's a five time pro bowler out of the yard out of Arkansas Pine Bluff from Belleville, Illinois, and he still holds the record for the fastest offensive lineman for forty yard dash time in the Combine history at four seven one. Here he is Tron Armstead turn how you doing, mad?
Speaker 3: How you doing? Just skip over that on Yeah, Let's let us get through. Let's get through the reading. We get to this. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, guys for your support and your continued support, because without you, none of this is possible. So oh Joe or not, everybody at Nightcap greatly greatly appreciate your support. And hopefully your continue support. Please make sure you check out shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock and now if you can't find it any city or state near you, best believe over the next five six months we are coming to a city or state near you. But in the meantime, if you can't find it, order it. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go check out my media company page on all of his platforms, Shayshape Media and My Clothing Company eighty four. The link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last, Yes, O Joe. In the twenty thirteen Combine, Tehran recorded the fastest forty for an offensive lineman in Combine history, a record that still stands to this day.
Speaker 3: It was close.
Speaker 2: Lane Johnson ran four seven two, but Toront's record of four to seven one is close. And if I'm not mistaken, they're the only two offensive linemans that's run in the four sevens. They've been a couple of runs low four eights, but no other lineman other than Tehran at four seven one. Lane Johnson at four seven two have been in the offensive lineman have been in the four seventh so as of yet. So now we're thirteen years in counting twenty thirteen to twenty fifteen, and Toront still held that record. Turan, Look, you're coming out of Arkansas Pine Bluff and it's not like it used to be. There used to be a plethora of guys coming out of HBCUs and so that would have been nothing.
Speaker 3: But here it is.
Speaker 2: Now we're in the twenty tens and we get an offensive lineman, you're three times swack All Conference player, and you go to the Combine. What were your expectations? Did you know you had this kountability in you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 1: I knew I had the talent and the speed and agility to showcase. I just had to get to the showcase. So it was really huge for me to get that Combine invite. That was that was monumental for me trying to get more exposure, to get more eyes to my to my tape. So I knew that I was going to go. I was going for the record for sure, Like before I even before we got to Indy, I was going for the record out I wanted to run.
Speaker 3: Faster honestly than that. But I'll take the four seven Hey, but six four three five, that's that's what I get ready to ask you.
Speaker 4: I'll get to ask you how tall you were and how much you weighed to be able to run that. Listen, I ain't running before five, so technically by you right there with.
Speaker 3: Me, right there on your neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I was six six five three old six I believe three or four at the combine.
Speaker 2: Wow, so you knew, you knew? So what was if I'm not, I don't know what the record was? What was the record? What was the fastest forty time for an offensive lineman before you broke it? It was four a four for a four. While you didn't break it, you obliterately needed it.
Speaker 3: I needed it. I needed all that. I needed that that my moment.
Speaker 1: I was on NFL network dot com NFL dot com for like two hours.
Speaker 3: I needed all of it. So the scouts can go watch my film.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now you go run that forty yard dashtime you run four seven one, and that's really the order.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They want you to jump high, Yeah, they want you to do too. But speed is what captivates their tension. Now you an offensive lineman. You never gonna be able to unwind that four seven one again, But you just wanted to put that on tape to let them see, Look, you got a phenomenal athlete.
Speaker 3: Yes, I went to Arkansas Pine Bluff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're gonna downgrade me talk about who did I flock and who did I play against, But I'm gonna come and showcase my skills and let you see and then the kiffs fall what they may. So when you read that time, did you know, like, okay, I got their undivided attention.
Speaker 3: I'm about to get drafted.
Speaker 1: And know for sure we have special talents down there in these HBCUs all across the country.
Speaker 3: We do. So I just needed the opportunity to showcase my skill. I knew what time it was. I was going for the vertical record too.
Speaker 1: I missed that by half an inch, so like I knew that I was going to be able to make that splash, and like I say again, I needed it. I really needed that chance to get all the scouts just to watch my fam I wouldn't ask you for no favorites, but just check out the film and see the dominance Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, also when I look at the officer line position, as fast as you were, you know, as far as running the forty, did you have an advantage as far as your footwork goes when it came to playing offensive line as well? Because most of the time, obviously, you know, playing officer line is all about your hand placement in your footwork and we always being being balanced.
Speaker 3: Did that give you the advantage? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, My athletic says to my agility that those were my strengths when I played throughout my twelve year career because I'm six five, three or four, not the biggest tackle, not necessarily the strongest season. But I'm on your ass. So was the ball snap you know what I mean? A lot of jump says, I had to use that in my game. So, uh findal ways to play in my strength, and I was using my speed.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Were you always an offensive lineman cuts out? I mean we were that kind of fast twitch. You might have been a you might have been a tight end at some point in time in your career.
Speaker 3: Were you always an offensive lineman? Back in my hometown Cochi, Illinois, we went off of speed. That's what we do.
Speaker 1: We run, So I was a defensive lineman in off of Salami, but I would go play seven on seven with the guys corner, safety, receiver, whatever. Yeah, it really was like that, really was like that, you can't do that shit no more. But I really was like that, I can't move like that no morel too with fit.
Speaker 2: Look you mentioned you say so you were thirty four, thirty four right now thirty three thirty three to run you walk away from the game. You're only thirty three lineman normally played in at thirty six, thirty seven, thirty eight. We saw Jackie Slayter play twenty years and he retired at forty plus. And you see linemen especially, I don't know your injury history. That's why, that's why I'm going with this. Why walk away from the game and all that chip out there? You see that money, so how it is. It's a lot of freshly trended money out there, for sure, But yeah it is. Yes, indeed, I got a man.
Speaker 1: God blessed me with so many great moments and great years and a great career.
Speaker 3: Uh, my injury history is extensive. It is, it is.
Speaker 1: It is long, and I've been through it, and that's really the part for me is my body.
Speaker 3: You know, I love this game.
Speaker 1: I mentally, cerebrally, I can play the game for forever, you know. But it's just physically and I'm and I'm okay with saying that that that my body is slowing down its movements and abilities, that I just can't perform at at the same level.
Speaker 3: And I take so much pride in my.
Speaker 1: Film up that, Yeah, man, it has to look a certain way, like every time I step on the field, that has to look pro Bowl, all pro like. That's the that's the brand I wanted to leave, so I never want to leave. Got out there getting my getting whooped on. That ain't that can't happen.
Speaker 3: You know what, It takes a lot.
Speaker 4: It takes a lot of awareness, self awareness at that for a player of your caliber, or any player that's played in the NFL, that's played at a high level, to understand what it's time to call the quist. Most of the time we will ride, we'll ride the ride the car to the wheels fall off, you know, regard for you know what, I don't look the same. At what moment did you realize that, you know what, I really don't have it to be to.
Speaker 3: Play at the All Pro or or or Pro Bowl level anymore. What moment did it hit you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been dealing with a knee since my third year in the league, but it's been with me from for my entire career.
Speaker 3: So man, just I'll speak on this year alone.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a practice field like at all, and not because I didn't want to or the Dolphins just wanted me to rest. It's like I literally couldn't walk, you know, I couldn't after a game on Sunday. I wouldn't be able to walk on my own, you know, under my own power until Wednesday, Thursday. So I was only able to play under under under the payment is I couldn't put any pressure on my knee.
Speaker 3: So it was like, I can't keep doing that to myself. Man, we uh it comes to.
Speaker 2: That time, Yeah, thirty three and you now you get to be forty and all of a sudden, you're like, man, what my livers shutting down, my kidneys and all the other things from taking those pain medicine Because I know I've seen I've seen linemen have to take vikinging. Just the practice I get, I get the game. I get the game. I really do because you know that's once a week, but the practice ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's crazy's and that's what I was the norm for sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't want to fall in that cycle, right right.
Speaker 2: But the thing Azcho was saying, it takes su space because to the cat, to the lay person, they don't, they don't, they don't, they don't really see what you know. And the thing is is that when you it's kind of hard to let go and not practice because as an offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Sets for everything.
Speaker 2: You weren't going to jump set when you paid a lazy fat don't we And and the thing is you got to practice that during the course of a week. It's hard for an offensive lineman to just go out there on a Sunday jump set. Quick said, hey, stab whatever the case may be, and just go. And you going against the best of the best. You said it, you said it's the reps. It's especially for office line play. We were so based.
Speaker 1: It's based on technique and uh toim and and all the hand placement and not not to mention the cohesiveness of everyone, because you know, we're the only unit that never comes off the field outside of the quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's one person.
Speaker 1: But we're the only unit that never comes off the field, so that chemistry and time and it just is really tough not getting those practice reps and then preparing mentally for Max Crosby and Miles Garrett.
Speaker 3: And that's not okay, keep doing that, dealing with TJ. Wattson. I can't keep doing that, man with no practice.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, man, boys, like you said, you talk about your offense Tehran, you talk about your t excuse me, you talk about your offensive linement, and like, okay, they get somebody else in there to practice it. But you and that left guard, y'all need to be cohesive. You need to like be on the same level and pass it off because if you're on different levels, guy, go hit that crack and now everybody's like, man, y'all hate judge it, but see, you might be a little slow, he might've been a little fast, and now all of a sudden you give up a sack when y'all should have had that situation covered. I know, I look and everybody doesn't do it the same because I remember practicing with Gary Zimmerman, who's the who's the two decade All decade player in the eighties and the nineties.
Speaker 3: He went to the Hall of Fame, but he didn't like.
Speaker 2: He didn't like me, the chip block, he didn't like.
Speaker 3: He like sharpy.
Speaker 2: Don't touch he said, if I if I jumped, said it, man, you hit him, you on the knock him inside, and now I can't get him, and everybody goes back.
Speaker 3: I got so don't touch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the real thing, especially especially if you have a big physical tight end like like yourself.
Speaker 3: So like you hitting him too hard?
Speaker 1: He getting momentum, he getting like a joke into the to the nside move you know what. I got him to get out the way, get open, get over Jonathan ja O. Now I played with j O Jonathan Auga. Whos the first battlet Hall of Famer. He like, hey, knock him, knock him out if you can't.
Speaker 3: For me. And depends on who it is man who over there exactly?
Speaker 2: But you, like you said, certain offensive linemen they want some I mean, hey, stick and stay or some guys like don't touch it. But like you said, that practice like for an offensive lineman and seeing like like I said, I've worked with Zam for like four years, work with Jail for two years, and to see what they go through because they're working on their sets.
Speaker 3: They ate, they kicking. Uh, am I gonna stab him? Am I gonna quick? Sitting? Am I gonna jump setting? What am I gonna do? And not? In the game?
Speaker 2: Man, I want to jump set? But that need bother you. Now, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't see. I can't do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: I mean the mind is and say do that that.
Speaker 3: You can't do that? No, you can't do it no more.
Speaker 4: When it came to playing the left tackle position, now, I think about my approach to playing receiver when it came to DB's and studying each DV every week and understanding what type of dB I'm going against? You got some that are quick, some of that fast, some of the physical, some of that you know, playoff or whatever may be. What was your approach when it came to playing defensive ends each week?
Speaker 3: Was was your Was.
Speaker 4: Your approach different as far as from from a technical standpoint?
Speaker 3: Do you change up things you did depending on who you were playing that week?
Speaker 1: We always I've always said this is a show that it's a lot of parallels to me, a lot of similarities.
Speaker 3: Between old line tackling tackling d N and receiver in corner. Yes, sir, like that that one on one matchup. It's a lot of dynamics there that that's parallel to me.
Speaker 1: The technique that goes intoward tendencies, like you said, is depressing. If I if I jab inside, what are you doing with his hands? Same thing as I'm bringing the defensive end. I'm looking at their alignment. First, how wide is the getting and then it get off? You know, how well is he time and a snap? Then I want to see his home runs. What's what's his go to move that he's consistently winning on. What he's winning on the most I break that down. That's the one I want to take away. I want to take that one away, and then all right, what's his second highest percentage move to count. I'm taking those top two away throughout my career. That was the goal, my objective of game planning. I want to take them top two winners away. Now, if you beat me with a third, you you you're a bad man, but you're going you're gonna have to get that. But for me, I was taking those top two, top two moves away.
Speaker 4: And one of the things that I've always liked to ask players that that, once they're done playing, who gave the the most fits?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 4: And everybody asked me all the time, listen, you played a very long time, you're going against them. I've always had to deal with the number one dB and everyone asked, you know who gave you fits?
Speaker 3: And obviously the one person I say every.
Speaker 4: Time that you see had hell you lock everybody up, but had to be super strong.
Speaker 2: He asked you about nobody will would you were talking?
Speaker 3: Hey? Who? So you just want to give him the flowers for doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I had some battles. I had some of these guys I say too many times like I didn't. I didn't want to have these robbery going on. But you know that's how the schedule to go. I played as a ton was always one of those. He's one of those you got it. You can make sure he breaks like he's one of those for short. But the guy that gave me the most fits, and I've probably seen him the most and he is still underrated in my eyes.
Speaker 3: Robert Quinn.
Speaker 1: Robert Quinn, Man, oh that first double Quinn, he's been in that edge. He listened Robert Quinn, he got he probably got the most sacks on me, Like out of everybody, he's the person that say I got to on t stall like he he probably the one person that can say that, right, Okay, okay, that dude gat Yeah. I don't even want to see him whost career.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I'm cool, friends, nothing, I don't want to run in the Robert.
Speaker 1: That's dope because if it's really it's really like a dang it is because like you said, they're getting that white, they're getting that what they're getting to that ye nine And now hey you're like, Okay, I know he gonna come wide, but what if he dropping bull me?
Speaker 2: Okay, now he gonna hit me, and then he's spin inside. So I got I got all that going into I gotta look at him. Okay, what is he doing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm kicking.
Speaker 2: I can only kick so far because the damn cornerback the hell I keep kicking, i'ma be in his damn last So I can only get brother like two picks. See, and then I got to say, and I gotta tell you, hey, I gotta be I don't want him to get it. I don't want him to bend the edge on me because he, like you said, Miles can ben ben, But I also I also don't want him to wax on, wax out, been crossed my face all that were.
Speaker 1: Trying to process all that, man, and they lined up in this way nine and these athletes are only getting They're only getting bigger, faster, stronger.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it's man, it's it's it's tough to deal with.
Speaker 1: Like Michaeh playing Michael Parsons for the first time, it was Christmas Day, we in Miami, beautiful day.
Speaker 3: We smacked the cowboys. That ain't part of the story.
Speaker 1: But seeing see Michael Parsons for the first time in real life, it was different. Bro, Like you are You're way too big to be moving as fast being that well, like, it's just the athlete. The evolution of the athlete is just it's becoming something something different.
Speaker 3: Man. Cool, I'm cool, y'all.
Speaker 2: And also those guys, especially watching you know, playing against Derreck Thomas. But the guy that I had the most respect for, I only played against him for two years because I was on in Baltimore two years. I've never seen a guy here size that quick. Was that Jabon curse the freak man, freak the first time. The first time I played man, hey, I turned about saying, hey, y'all better talk. He was gone, called block, dude. He took a step down because I got I had to step, so I stepped with it.
Speaker 3: Man. By the time I put my foot down, he was on my shoulder. That's a bad feeling.
Speaker 2: Well he get to your he get to your shoulder and you ain't he hey, you might, that's a bad feeling.
Speaker 3: He saw the picture I was.
Speaker 4: I just saw Javon cursing the airport leaving Philly day before yesterday.
Speaker 3: Who before he got that before he hurt the ankles.
Speaker 2: Joe, dude, was I'm talking about you talking about somebody like he's like six four two fifty, I'm talking about all.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about five big gloves. I mean his heads look like a catcher man. Did kurtse get in there? Did he get into the hall? Nah? Nah? Nah?
Speaker 2: He uh he would? I mean Tennessee, he was at Tennessee, his best year Tennessee. He goes to uh Philly and then he had he messed up his ankle, okay, and it messed up his years. But back in the day, you know, dealing with DT Bruce Smith was fast too. Bruce could be in for a guy his size. Normally, guys to seventy they can't be in like that. Bruce be parallel to the ground. That movie that you see that you see a von Miller do where he dip the hit and come down on one hand.
Speaker 3: And get back up. Bruce could do that at two seventy. Yeah. So hey, that's why you guys make the big bucks.
Speaker 2: That's why you guys are the highest pad on the offensive line because you guys got the toughest assignment because you're dealing with like I said, basically it's like Ginger Robins and Fredistaire. He's coming forward, but you got a mirror what he does moving backwards. And the thing is, you got a target that's sitting right there, whether it's and basically everybody in the shotgun now. So you can only set so much before he sets your ass in the quarterback leaf or he reach over the top.
Speaker 3: And you agree.
Speaker 1: Listen, Jo, we need some more money, man, Oh lord, we need some more.
Speaker 3: We need some more that money. We need it all right, check this out.
Speaker 2: Saint Quon Barkler is coming off his best year of his career, which ending of him becoming a Super Bowl champion with the Eagles, and now he's gracing the cover of Man twenty six. Sat Quan was asked if he were retired at the top of his game or going to the wheels came off. I'll probably be one of those guys that will be out of nowhere. I'll probably just wake up one day, whether it's the next year or two or four, and just be like, yeah, it's over. I don't think I'll ever lose that passion. The competitive nature is always going to be there. I like, probably my favorite player of all time is Barry Sanders, so probably similar to that. Maybe one day, like out of nowhere, I'll probably just be bawling and just be like, yeah, it's a quiz t.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: We just talked about that because your situation was just like out of no were like, yeah, yep, a lot a lot that sudden. Really, the ones in that circle, they they knew the situation, and I was trying to push you. I was looking for options to continue, but it's just it's over for sure, like I knew it, not as sudden as like Barry Sanders or or Calvin Johnson. Saquon is incredible Hall of Fame talent. For sure, it'll be a he he can't walk away all of a sudden. We need to see some more of that man. That's a special talent.
Speaker 2: What the difference is between them situation and Calvin and Barry? They got tired of losing, all right?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 2: That he's in a situation where he's I mean, you just went to the Super Bowl. Now if you start to lose, but Barry, Barry got to the NFC Championship Game in ninety one and never got that close again.
Speaker 3: So Barry got tired of losing. Barry wasn't injured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you talked about the guy had average fifteen hundred yards.
Speaker 3: For ten seats for sure to go. Yeah, Calvin's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Calvin like bro Man, we ain't getting no closer, And I'm going out here and doing all this to my body? What amout really doing this for when I don't really have a realistic chance of getting to in winning a Super Bowl? So I think that's the different. Say quand a different situation. Now, if he was at the Giants, yeah, he probably.
Speaker 3: Just goes like one day I'm not here.
Speaker 2: But in the situation where he is with that offensive line without offense with that defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't think he.
Speaker 1: Just wanted the money different too, Yeah, I mean the money's all money different.
Speaker 4: Obviously different, and obviously he just got paid it. Gave a nice, nice, nice, nice nice Mili years and sure take one for a running back for that position, obviously with a position not as being as valued as it is now, but being somewhere now where they appreciate you for what you're doing and they showed you love. I don't see safe coming and retiring until he has that that coming to coming to grass moment.
Speaker 3: You know what, I can't do it like I used to explosion the same way.
Speaker 4: I think that'll be the only time he actually called it quits when he realized, you know what, I can't get I can't bend that corner like I used to. I can't hit I can't hit that A. But that that be a C gap like I want that that that want to be it and that that ain't.
Speaker 2: Probably twenty six, twenty seven, he got twenty eight years. Just but here's the thing, Joe Lane Johnson still there, My Lott is still there.
Speaker 3: Jersey Line still there and the Dickerson still there.
Speaker 2: So it's not like you see some of these off some of these guys, the offensive line get old and they starting to move with them out.
Speaker 3: That's the best offensive line in football. They're not going.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're about to drop off a cliff in the next year too, not at all. And they got them all in the contract. They just did Lane's contract. They just didn't buy a lot of contract. They just just did Dickerson contract. Jergensen is a rook that was on a rookie contract. Nah, he ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, it's funny when you think about it.
Speaker 4: As good as Saquon is and as good as that offensive line is, even if sa Quon was losing step, let's say it maybe maybe in three.
Speaker 3: Years, if that, with an offensive line like that.
Speaker 4: He will still be able to do what he needs to do because that much better up front.
Speaker 2: So he won't be able to go eighty yards with anybody without anybody touching him. So now he might have to break a tackle two yards from the line of scripmen have the pose to runing through those holes that my old slow ass could probably get five yards I ain't gonna hit my head on the goal post like him, but I might get five yards tea.
Speaker 1: I gave about three or four yard drunk fall four, I gave about three four.
Speaker 3: The them makes hurt.
Speaker 2: I can imagine now I hadn't gotten hit on the man to a two decade.
Speaker 3: I shot him like ice. You know how you drop.
Speaker 4: Even remember they not hitting like we was back then. Now it's different. Oh, I don't forgot how to fall. I don't forgot how to take it again.
Speaker 2: You see you start looking hey, you know how t when you go like when you leave the season and you come back and you got to go to training camp.
Speaker 3: You got to relearning. Those don't tingle like they did.
Speaker 2: Like once you get going like training camp and now you go to the season, they don't tingle them and not twenty years.
Speaker 3: Man, I be get that. I run them Michelle across. It's a zone.
Speaker 1: You're running through the zone. They gonna get fined. They gonna get fine though they might hit you what they gonna I won't be fine. They might get fined, but I won't be fine. That's that's the word. Yo oh cho, you switch it up on me. Man, you usually have on the Cardier shaves. I got seven pair of Cardier saves over.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be tonight. Hey, you know on see what you got? What you got? You know what I mean. We're in there right now. It's time.
Speaker 4: I keep wearing the same ones over and over. I'm trying to say the rest of them, you know, for football season when I'm on TV. I got I got, I got strings, right, I got a different color to match each suit.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah that's a different bran.
Speaker 4: They got a different color of that mass suit. But I gotta see you. I gotta see you, dude.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: Information right off of Twitter he from Canada, brou he got everything, unbelieving.
Speaker 3: I need it. I need it week. Okay, I'm gonna switch up. You gonna put your door.
Speaker 2: Says that when he's a bet, he'll have rookie organize his locker.
Speaker 3: Take a listen, take a look at this video. Guys, what I'm gonna bet. What I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have a rookie organized by locker every day. If Flacko told me to do this every day, I would do it. I go to him every day. I said, hey, bro, you good? You need anything? Right, then, because it's respect you feel me, I feel that.
Speaker 2: I ain't organ So when you came in as a rookie, what did the bets have you do?
Speaker 1: Toron On bets were pretty pretty good to me, man, Jerry Evans, being Grubbs, Zach Street, those guys were pretty good to me. I just had to get him yeah, yeah, okay, get him breakfast every Saturday, uh food for the plane, snacks, toilet tries. I had to bring that type stuff to the facility, deoderant, body wash, all that good stuff. So trying to find a ride to Walmart because Uber didn't exist in the in twenty thirteen, So trying to find a ride to Walmart, get the stuff for the guys and haul it into the facility.
Speaker 3: But they were they were pretty they were pretty smooth on me. Yeah that's what it was.
Speaker 2: I mean, they want breakfast, sandwiches, they wanted doughnuts, they wanted chicken the company, they wanted Popeye to come to the plane. I'm like, come on, guys, y'all, bro y'all know man, And back then, you know we drove, we know, we drove drove to the airport, but we had our own hangar.
Speaker 3: So you drive up, go get on the walk up and get on the plane.
Speaker 2: Man, you better I was driving so fast driving trying to get there. Bro, I'm on a rookie contract. Man, I can't. I can't afford now twelve hundred and fifty dollar fine.
Speaker 3: Man, damn.
Speaker 4: I remember remember them day I received a group. I mean obviously the vestment I came into a rookie and since Sinnati. Man, it was it was love, you know that there was. There was a certain amount of respect that that I showed them, a certain amount of respect that they showed as well.
Speaker 3: But you remember Darnay.
Speaker 4: Scott, Yeah, Darnay Scott, Danny Farmer was there at the time, Ron Dugans there and it was.
Speaker 3: It was all love.
Speaker 4: It was nothing to that magnitude like some of the stories that I that I hear.
Speaker 1: No, I think we have the hardest time with that. The receiving room is always that that respect trying to buck It's always a hard time with that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We had a situation in Miami last year, not a big situation, but uh tyr Tyreek Hill have bought one of the rookies Christmas gifts and the rookie didn't like it. Really like what, like it's cool, but you know, youd give me something better, you know, something bigger. You make it thirty eight a year, you know what I'm saying. And Tyreek was really hurt by that, like he was really upset.
Speaker 3: That, Hey, what did it get? I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like a like a Gucci cologne said or something like that, some type of designer cologne said. And this is this young boy, he twenty one years old in Miami. Man, he probably don't even have no colown wearing no colonnia.
Speaker 3: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: He wanted to try rig the boum something with a little bit more more splash to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was not even plus you'll sing it.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta sing at training camp and not no damn fight song either, because I don't nobody, ain't nobody go to your school, but you so you got to say something. Whoever the latest see us now like probably not either be Kendrin Lamar Drake or whomever.
Speaker 3: The hot rapper is right now.
Speaker 2: Back then, you know, R and B was still big when I was coming up and guys singing Teddy Pitt, the guy who was singing, uh, Luther was singing Barry why he the undefeated song?
Speaker 3: They did the thing y'all have, Did y'all have a rookie show? Sure? For sure?
Speaker 1: Mike and Dany he was, he was big on that and Shahpagne was two back in New Orleans. Uh, we would do the song. Most of the guys would would do R and B Old school R and B.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like the and you guys probably have a different song, but I feel like that undefeated song when the rookie starts singing it, and that rookie show the whole crowd.
Speaker 3: On Jordan in it's fantation when I see you Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah he started that.
Speaker 1: You get to the first thirty he get to the first thirty seconds. Yeah, he won't because everybody gonna yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what that song? That song right there is like when the Swag surface song come on. It don't matter where you at or what you doing, everybody join it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grab somebody show.
Speaker 6: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's it a.
Speaker 2: Uh New Orleans that here we come to get you, We call to get you.
Speaker 3: That was or that super Dog used to rock Man. I missed I missed them. I missed that place. I missed those fans team matter the fact. Think you went the Arkansas Pine Bluff, Yes, sir, as matter of fact.
Speaker 4: When I was at Link you know about Lincoln University, right, yeah, and we when I was at Lengths and we played Arkansas Pine Bluff, they came up, they came on down. There is a coil, so steal water whichever what it is, but it's back in nineteen ninety nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: We played Lengths in my freshman year and Lengths and beat us bro real. It was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 2: I know, y'all took the bus. So we took the bus everywhere. It didn't matter if it was three hours or if it was twelve hours.
Speaker 3: You owned that. I was on that bus. He's on that bus. Tear it up. Good days and well see.
Speaker 2: And the way we did it is like the starting offense and the starting defense on one bus and then the backups on another bus.
Speaker 3: Y'all offense and defense. But were the offense bus and defense?
Speaker 2: But no, hell no, started on one bust the back but you ride this bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right exactly about segregation. Oh yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: How they supposed to get better man, they can't sit and talk to none of y'all because we back there playing cards, you know, spades, were playing cards. We we know, Yeah, we all wanted the back to the back of the bus. You know what I'm saying. We as a matter of fact, we wanted to go to the back of the bus. But hey, all of us, it wasn't nothing, specially because all of us was black. We had what a kicker with white Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no thinking. I'm sure it's the same thing with you guys. Did y'all have a white kicker? White kicker and punter, that's it? And a linebacker? We had a Yeah, we had a linebacker too. He was a bad man.
Speaker 2: But that's what you know. But you you missed that. I missed, you know, taking those you know going to Tuskegee, uh going to uh we're Burlington, North Carolina, just because you you know you you're taking the bus. I mean, it ain't no you know, playing it doesn't matter. It was like I said, if it was an hour to Georgia Southern and Statesboro or you going to Tuskihee or you going to North Carolina, it didn't matter. Spartanburg, South Carolina, didn't matter.
Speaker 1: We would take we take that ten hour bus rode to Houston, play review Texas Southern. We'd take the ten hour bus ride to Alabama and them Alabama State.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: My first flight in my life was we got paid to come play U TIP, so we flew down to UTEP. They paid us to beat on us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, that was my first time. I'm trying to say, what if oh first time on the flight. I think I went to Black college, all American. I think I went to Pittsburgh. I think maybe I flew to see my brother play. Uh, but other than now, but now you wouldn't taking you wouldn't. But you missed that because guess what. We could stop by a convenience store. And he's like, man, the guy was like because I was.
Speaker 3: I was. I was a captainist the sow. The man like man, shop man, I'm holding me.
Speaker 2: Have Coach David to stop by the stop by the convenience store. I'm like, I'm like coach man, I'm home, Coach, can we stopped by a convenience store? Coach didn't looked at me, say all right, home, we're gonna stop. But you're responsible for. Man, he already knows what.
Speaker 3: They won't clean the store out, y'all y'all had that nil money back then. No, we had no n il money.
Speaker 2: That's why he told me I was responsible for him to make sure they put issue in their pockets.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 2: That's why he told me. I'm responding and I'm standing to the door.
Speaker 1: Hey mm hmmmm hm, take it out man.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh, Joe, how that donna? Look? They ain't stop everybody, Joe, Yeah, you ain't see everything. But I tell you what.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what I wouldn't do because I was one of the few guys that had had a vehicle, and they and people like man to this day, they're like, man, Sean wouldn't give nobody ride. Bro, I know who had the stuff, would follow them out the store. I I know who a bag of potato chip, soda, honey buns. It would follow you walk out the store behind you. So, no, you're not getting to my car because everybody knew who my who I was, and what I drove. Man, I just know they got in the car with Shannon. It was Shannon Shark. They ain't gonna say nothing else. It was Shannon Shark.
Speaker 1: Oh no, even if he had at Honey Bunny or slides he Live, swist roll or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zebra, he might have three dollars, but he gonna come out of there with five dollars worth the store.
Speaker 3: So no, they got some you he didn't know.
Speaker 2: Oh No, and the mall. Never go into the mall with him, absolutely not. Tell you what do you think about the locker room decision with two of going through his third and fourth major concussions. How do I mean? Look, you you can do all you can try to protect the guy, but at some point in time, he got to protect himself. He has to know when the journey's over. You can't. At no situation should he be allowed. I don't know what he was thinking, that you're gonna go ahead, that you're gonna go head first. Oh somebody knowing his caw, you know, he definitely he's he has to be aware, There's no question about it. And he is aware, but even more and now it has to be proven on a weekly basis that he understands his importance and impact to the to the team, to the franchise, to the city without too under center.
Speaker 1: It's a different it's a different team. It's a different look. But with him under center, I strongly believe Miami Dolphins can win any game that he's the starting quarterback.
Speaker 2: So no, you're you're absolutely right, except when he gets thirty degrees.
Speaker 3: Here we go, let's get it, let's get into it. Let's get into man, go ahead with go ahead with you.
Speaker 1: No, he has to know that, he has to know how how much of a value PC is and and whatever it needs to do.
Speaker 3: But just just.
Speaker 1: Knowing that God, knowing how much you love the game, and the way that he prepares. Man, it's that competitiveness against Buffalo this year where stagnant offensively, we get a drop gone and he's trying to extend on the third down to try to get another first down. It's just he can't be the one to do it, you know what I mean. But he's just been a competitor trying to trying to wield a team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually I think I talked uncle and I talked about this last last year some time. Uh, when he when he went out, I just think he has to learn to fall a little better and under understanding. But when when to especially I remember that first down we went head first, he still got he got up.
Speaker 3: It was like one of the moments we'd be like, ah, yeah, yeah, for sure, hold your breath moment, but just what.
Speaker 4: Journeys, knowing when the journey's over, and then when he gets hit, knowing how to fall correctly, you know, especially when you go when you go back and you don't try to do your best. I know it's hard, but I was. It's something that I trained myself to do. Is when you get tackled, you're going backwards, try not to let your head hit the back of the back of the back of the ground as hard as it does. I mean, what I used to do is if I get hit hard and I know it's backwards, I'm going backwards, I would tighten the my core and try to keep my head up right the best I can, the best I can, just so I don't get that boom that that that that initial shock which causes Yeah, cause the that's.
Speaker 1: The one though, the one that you're falling back hit the head, that's the one that's Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 4: If I'm getting it my best, like I'm holding the ball, but I do my best as if I'm as if I'm bear hunting dude, you know, in a sense obviously literally bare hugging. I'm just saying, trying to keep my body and my upper body and torso as close to him as possible even on impact, just so most of the force isn't the back of the head bouncing off.
Speaker 1: How do you feel like I got on the sideline and they jump out of bound or or are you trying to fall forth for the few more yards?
Speaker 2: What you what you think about that? It all depends in his situation. He can't do it, not even on four because he's too valued. He gets the first down and he gets Dean, what have you done? Okay, you got the first down. Now your backup has to come.
Speaker 3: In and finish out the bar game a whole different time.
Speaker 2: I give you a private example, Peyton Manny. Once Peyton Manny hurt that neck, they never let him do quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And again yeah, if you.
Speaker 2: Notice, they don't let Patrick mahone since he hurt his knee. They don't let Patrick Mahones do go straight into the line of scrimmage. You see, you have to protect them. That's the fact that's he's gonna have. They're not gonna let him do. Obviously, you wouldn't do no touch push with Tour. But second of all, bro you got slide. It's okay, It's okay, slide. I'm not looking at the quarterback. Oh he tough for what You're not used to taking those licks like that, and they're looking to punish you because you don't have the protection of the pocket, because once you leave that pocket, you're a runner.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna hit you like the free game. Uh. I mean you go from you have Drew Brees for a number of years and then you go from Tour. What was it? What was it like?
Speaker 1: What was Breeze like? Brees was a Breeze was a killer man. He was an assassin.
Speaker 3: He prepared like like a federal agent. He was he would be.
Speaker 1: He's prepared man like he's trying to build a case on everything that we played. Man, you would you hear the cliche first one in, last one to leave. But that was genuinely him. That was truly him. I would see him on those off days. Man's he preparing like none other. And you've seen it every week. And it was no matter the outcome of the game too. This was the special part of bottom Note, no matter how he played individually or if it was a win and lost. He put the same amount of time. Man, he gave every team the same amount of attention and respect. Playing the Falcons twice a year, that second game, even though we just beat them about fifteen two weeks ago, He's.
Speaker 3: Going to put those same amount of hours in And that's why he was He was the greatest. Wow, hey, hey, T did you understand before? Did you understand the animosity and the hatred that the Saints fans had for the Falcon fan Did you know that? No? I didn't. Honestly I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was such a thing, but I quick quickly adopted quickly.
Speaker 3: I hate them folks still Listen.
Speaker 4: I think I found out maybe two or three years ago. And here I go, try to have a Kumba y'all moment, trying to get fans become one of the game, you know, and like man, f no like about like for real, I'm thinking they you know, I think they playing around on Twitter. And then people say, like this is really I really hate them? People like really, no.
Speaker 2: They do not mess with the same Sames fans do not mess with Falcon fans, and Falcon fans you best.
Speaker 3: Believe then, don't they don't. Is that serious? I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't need it, but I said, I quickly adopted it. I still hate them to this day. Like I'm not rocking with the Falcons ever.
Speaker 2: Uh. Laces on Leather ranked the NFL atmosphere from best to worse. What do you think the best atmosphere? NFL atmospherees? What do you think the best one is?
Speaker 3: Hey, uncle, you gotta be between Kansas City and Seattle, and the city is number one. Okay. I go through the top ten.
Speaker 2: Cow the Chiefs are one, Packers are two, see Hawks are three, Vikings are four, Ravens are five, Bills are six, Lions are seven, Saints are eight, Patriots are nine. Cowboys are ten. I don't know how Cowboys made it cause they ain't got no home feeling about it. They lose all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure. The stadium nice, though. I think it's just raising the stadium. Ranking the stadium for the Cowboys. I don't think it's got the environment. I was shocked they lost. They lost like six games last year and don Cowboys don't got that. Don't really have a unless there unless that winning. They their fans to show up. But there's so many people in that stadium.
Speaker 3: You will hear it. I'm shocked to hear that that that New Orleans was was so low on that list. That Super Dome is crazy. It's super crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but y'all, y'all, y'all been y'all been, y'all been struggling, y'all been on hard.
Speaker 1: So this is this is what last year's like. Best atmosphere. No, but I'm just fair. Look, yeah, I give y'all credit. Now, y'all, y'all be making some noise because I remember Katrina when y'all with y'all y'all played in San Antonio. I think he was in San Antonio when they came back and glease and blocked that point on that Monday night game against the I.
Speaker 3: Mean you could literally hear it through the television.
Speaker 2: I mean it was if I don't know, and Sean Payton all the people say they've never heard it that loud before or since that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that I that was definitely a strucial moment. But during my tenure in New Orleans, we were always it was us Seattle. Yeah, y'all did as far as like the loudest crowd noise. The Saints was always near.
Speaker 2: The top, and I'm not surprised that. A look, I mean, look at this, A lot of these Seahawk vikings A Dome, Lions Dome, Saints Dome, Cowboys Dome. It's something about when you can get a you can get an outdoor arena and you get that kind of like the Chiefs have, or like when I played the broncos Man.
Speaker 3: Oh my, how that thing be rocking.
Speaker 2: They that's seventy six thousand, I'm talking about. They be going crazy. Pole chargers right down here at the bottom.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah charges hand Listen. I've been in some great atmospheres. I played at every stadium that's on here, and I honestly no one Number two should be the Bengals. Honestly, cut it out. Listen to me, to stay with me. Now, never been in the jungle, boy, You've never been in jungle on a primetime game in Cincinnati. You see what you gotta see what you have? You say, I preface the team a prime time around the playoffs. It ain't gotta be no prime time game. It can be any game.
Speaker 2: It can be appreciding game, it can be a note of what you're scrimmaging against yourself. It's gonna be ruckous. That is what y'all do to do.
Speaker 3: That's what we've been. That has changed tremendously. You hit me, I have been there was. Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: I give you, I give you credit, Joe, it is it has from my earlier years to now. I feel like now is a lot better atmosphere. They were they all white. Yeah, it is rocking that Joe Burrow, the Icy White. It's not in the top ten. Not in the top ten though.
Speaker 3: No, guess what, No, it's not. When they win the Ice and White.
Speaker 2: All you're gonna do is see them see see them scared marks because they're gonna poop the bed.
Speaker 3: They already they gonna dough it, poop the bed. I mean going on at nothing. Bimore Raven coming out. I know what that is. I know what that.
Speaker 1: That's that hatred y'all was asking me about when the five in the Saint Well, don't know your hatred?
Speaker 3: Steelers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Steelers, No, we and us for the in the Denver it would be it was the Raiders. Then the cheap I got was that, but the raid it was it was the steep.
Speaker 3: During my time, it was the Ravens, Ravens and Steelers. It was bad.
Speaker 1: It was y'all be with Cleveland because y'all try to fix who own Ohio and he's ain't nobody worried about y'all.
Speaker 3: During my time, we used to beat up on the Ravens and the Steelers. Yeah, well maybe you did. I was. I was.
Speaker 1: Saw on him that showed on that thing on you black. Yeah, he put you down, but you got the trip Cardinals bear the Chargers.
Speaker 3: So what what you're thinking on Joe? What what they get right? What they get wrong? I mean, know this is about right though I'm not sure who made this list, but it's about right. You know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it is the fact that some of the dome teams are a little low. That's a testament to the fans in Seattle, in Green Bay, in Kansas City. And funny thing the first thing I said before, as soon as you mentioned we've been doing the rank in the best stadiums, I said, I said Kansas City and Seattle right away, So goddamn loud.
Speaker 3: T Yeah, yeah, for sure. I don't know if it's the way the stadium is built. I don't know what it is. It's like dog, you be on the field and can't hear nothing. Yeah, no, for sure the Seattle game. We played them our rookie year in the playoffs and oh that was to be. That wasn't that? Man, No, okay, that wasn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a part of that. I would have tripped him. But in the second round of the playoffs and Champagne, so we went up there. We kind of like battle for the number one seed. Middle of the season. We played on Monday night, It's twenty eighth to nothing, and immediately first quarter they smacked us. So when we go back in the playoffs, Sean Payton had us all these custom ear pieces made dead silence. So all week we were these ear pieces and we nonverbally communicated every play, every snapcount, and we got up there and we we we did it. It worked like a charm as far as that we still lost. Of course, they went on and won the Super Bowl, but it was it was that to your to your point, it was really it was so loud that it like hurt. So we had these custom earpieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like after the day with Kansas City, we did that with Kansas City. But uh, the old Kingdome. Before they built this stadium, they used to have. They used to have a dome and see how to call the King Dome.
Speaker 3: No, that didn't know that. They now it only hold about sixty. But boy, that's because it always it's always ran in this Seattle.
Speaker 1: Those people walking around sad all week and they go in the stadium and screen.
Speaker 3: That's all it is. It's all the.
Speaker 2: The old the astronom was like that steal. Oh, the House of Pay. They used to call it the House of Pay. They did well. They had warm moon, they ran to run and shoot and their defense made. Boy, but the bills, the Bills is like the Bill Stadium. That's what they got it. They got a nice fo I don't know what they call it now. I don't know what they call it in Mark or whatever. They call it high Mark or something. But it used to be called uh Rich Stadium. Yo, Yo, them just gonna be talking about let's go. Buffalo said, that's.
Speaker 3: That's That was one of my favorite plays to play throughout my career. The energy is did Joe start jumping around to you better tell you that it's hard? It's hard. They got a nice atmosphere up thee Hey, Buffalo got some crazy fans. Boy, they sucked. They go jumping out, jumping on Bernie table.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, they got real football up there, real football atmosphere.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny t T when you think about it. Listen, Buffalo Buffalo fans deserve their flowers anytime it comes to donating.
Speaker 3: You know when other players they talk, what Buffalo fans come through like no other. No, that's the Fu's that's they always show love.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they used the tragedy. They always lose, so they know how to handle losing. Well you know what I mean, Like they know how to get close, get to the door and get both shut on them. So they used to lose and they know how to handle it. Well. Yes, Oh.
Speaker 2: So you good Chiefs one, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings, Ravens, Bills, Lions, Saints, Patriots, Costleys, Sat.
Speaker 3: So you think Saints should be in the top five? Real real Saints amish the top top three environment? Oh whoa hold on?
Speaker 4: If the Saint's top three environment, then the Cincinnati was damn show got to be in top.
Speaker 3: Argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, different than I hadn't played at this new stadium, but the old Metro Dome. You played no metro doome right?
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh standing? I played up there, man. When they had they had Johnny Randall, they had Chris Doman, rest his soul. They had Keith Keith Millard, they had Alga and they had Henry Thomas. Hey boy, they had a defense out of this world, boy, boy, boy boy. If Floyd the defense court down, I think it was Floyd Peters, Floyd Reeches, Floyd What was Floyd's last name? I think it's Reese. Boy you're talking about. Come man, don't let them sack. Don't you let them take that quarterback?
Speaker 3: They was doing that star blow that hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, Jord, because right now he just logged on for the fact he wanted on the first athlete, the original music man fan guy.
Speaker 3: He's been trused. We've been trying to get him on for a minute. We linked up a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: He said, Man, let me come on night cap and here you is, ladies and gentlemen, your favorite rappers, favorite rapper symbol.
Speaker 3: Un what's up? Oh then what they do?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 7: We live in life. We blessed you alive. Man, I'm loving the man, happy to be here with you. Are your Nor'm a big fan of the show. Shout out to my good my guy up there, man, big dog. I'm not a Dolphins fan, but I'm a Dolphins supporter. I'm a Dolphins supporter. I got fan out of Miami with shout out to you, man, shout out to the whole crew.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, shout out to make sure you're from your faith living in La. Now, So were you a Raiders fan? You're a forty nine Ers fan.
Speaker 6: I'm a Raider. You see that the to us, they liked the they like the prima Donnas of the Bay.
Speaker 3: You know, they liked that.
Speaker 7: They liked the pretty girl at school. Everybody want the Raiders was gotten there, Gritton. Growing up, my mom was in real estate, so one of her first real estate deals was Lance Johnstone when he came to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Okayah.
Speaker 7: He used to give us tickets to the game and my mom would always take me to the game. And then one of my close friends, Taiwan Jones, he was drafted to the Raiders from our high school, Deer Valley. So always been a big Raider fan, Marshawn Lynch, Charles Woodson, you'd always been a big Raider fan.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, we'll get you out here. CJ.
Speaker 2: Gardner Johnson goes off on DC big FANGI on ig. I was a tenth dummy for them, So now they can be like my scheme work or did my skills? Fan make it work? I had zero issues. People had issues with me, So yeah, let the satary cap be the excuse.
Speaker 3: Uh, fan Joe. He said that C. J.
Speaker 2: Gardner Johnson trade was a salary cap issue, a salary cap thing, and I'm fine with it.
Speaker 3: Just don't let the young guys know like y'all did. Hey, Uh what what hold on? Man?
Speaker 2: Basically, he said the situation was a big fat Joe the defensive coordinator. He said the they traded him because it was a salary cap issue. Now, they didn't save a whole lot of money, maybe a couple of hundred thousand dollars. But moving forward, because you got who you got coming up, o Jo. You got that big dog up front. J Carter, he gonna it's gonna take some break, big bread. And then you got you're gonna have brother. You're gonna have brother Mitchell, he gonna be coming up. You're gonna have Cooper de Jon he gonna be coming up.
Speaker 3: Right, so they clean the house.
Speaker 2: So you know, but it happened, Bro, You got a rig, you got an opportunity to come back, you got a ring, and somebody wanted you. When somebody trade for you, to y'all, let me know what you think about this team. When somebody trade for you, they're telling you they want you. Okay, though the team didn't want me, but this new team traded for me. They gave up something to give me, So clearly they see the value in me, even if the whole team doesn't.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 1: C J he real passionate, man. He's he's very vocal. That's that's his that's his his biggest attribute.
Speaker 3: His passion.
Speaker 1: The way that he play the game is like that's how he is off the field too, though he's very he's very vocal, very passionate.
Speaker 3: So if it's the way that he's feeling, you really can't convince some otherwise.
Speaker 1: So, like, even though that the Houston Texans did want him, they wanted them, they traded for him, they gave away compensation for him to be a part of their team.
Speaker 3: CJ is still gonna let let Philly know how you feel. That's just that's just how he is. That's how you are. Yeah, uncle, you know I talked. I talked to CJ all the time. Man, CG and I are really close.
Speaker 4: Like like T said, he's very passionate about especially about the way the game, the game of ball in general, the way it is and some of the things that that that he knows what's going on. I think he allows that passion and love for the game. He gets that it's business at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day, always has been, always will be. And it's tough though. It's tough when you devote so much, you know, like you said, think about it. You getting out there and you can't walk until Wednesday, and you out there hobbling, and you doing everything you can to give them everything you can and then they do something like this.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I definitely get it.
Speaker 7: I'm trying one dad sore, three of you guys, Like, what's it? What is it like kind of being married to a situation. You may have bought a home in this city or whatever it may be. You raised the family here and because it's time to blow it up and we want to get younger players, and what's that like that transition like having to know you gotta leave.
Speaker 4: Right, you understand it, You understand it, see him like I already knew. At some point, I knew my time was coming. I didn't know when that day would be. Obviously I was able to squeeze out ten years normally ten years to your cut off point, no matter how good you are. If you go down the list of some of the great receivers, that have been very few that stayed on one team for a very long time. The two that I could think of, maybe the longest, might have been Jerry Rices and Larry Gerald. You know, Jerry at some point left, but Larry, for Jeral's one of the few I could think of that stayed and won an.
Speaker 3: Organization for a very long time. I knew my time was coming.
Speaker 4: So while I was there, wherever I was at, whatever cars, I was there well often to play in my hand.
Speaker 3: See, I had fun.
Speaker 4: So when that time did come, you know, I was at peace with it because I understood the business side of it, which is why I chose to have fun instead that I understood the politics and businesside that came with it.
Speaker 2: You know it's going to happen, but it doesn't make it any eiier, Right, what you or what you give to that organization, all those painkilling injections that I took, all that, all all that, those those toor doll shots that I took just to be able to go play, and now I have one down year, Like, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 2: Seven consecutive Pro Bowls, first Team All Pro through a five yard all that. It's tough side to you, Hey, T, I ain't gonna tell you don't like, yeah that is I'm like, bro, Damn, I thought I was gonna be one of them John Elway, and I'm gonna get me twelve thirteen T with one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's real. It's real, cymvil for for real.
Speaker 1: Just and just to add to what what o Cho and Uncle's saying, especially, it's it's today's media and Adam Schefter and Ian Rappaport them guys get the news before you do, you know what I mean. So that's that's the part that I've seen be really impactful negatively to some players. I had one of my teammates here in the Saints. He was a running back and we bro we chilling and training camp, playing the game, and he just scrolling on Twitter. Bro, he just got released by the Saints. He had no idea, like, no idea, and it was real.
Speaker 3: He got released.
Speaker 1: They kept one of the rookie running backs that they had, they had drafted so on. He had no idea, you know what I mean, that's the part that hurt mine.
Speaker 2: The fact that the matter is is what Ocho and I we go around sometimes I'm like, bro, when Adam Schefter and.
Speaker 3: These guys be talking, where do you think they're getting that from?
Speaker 2: They getting that from the teams, They're getting that from the general managers, They're getting that from owners, They're getting that from player personnel director. They're getting that from NFL sources. Oh yes, they dude, I mean Adam Schefter making you know, lots of money. These were these are insiders. They making a lot of money, and they built up great relationships because and this is why they say anonymous. This is why they say sources, because the moment they give up one source, they're done. I hope you've made a lot of money because if you give up one source, nobody will ever go on record with you again. Nobody will ever tell you ish. That's why Adam Schefter got all those phones, That's why he taking calls.
Speaker 3: He's live on air taking calls the may no dummy calls, trust.
Speaker 7: Me, that's crazy. That's why I got so much love for the King. You know we see out the eye when it come to King j James. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got so much love for the King because these organizations got the ability to move you where they want you to be, but you never kind of got the opportunity to pick where you want to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let me ask you one question I'm gonna get out of you guys. Way uh going going through your discography? Man, what what's it like to have a song with the legendary DMX made it?
Speaker 6: Honestly, bro, Like, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 7: I can't tell you because the way that happened, I really wasn't involved on the process of that. That was Joinner Lucas's team and him and X had a relationship and right before X had passed, I believe that might have been the last verse. Joiner told me that he might have laid before he passed, had a great relationship and they had laid a song and one day Joiner hit me, he was like, yo, I got this joint me and X, did I.
Speaker 6: Want you to get on it? And of course, I was honored to be a part of it is X.
Speaker 7: I grew up trying to be like X, from rapping like him to trying to act like them in Exit Wounds, you know.
Speaker 6: So it was just a blessing to be a part of it, honestly.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, but Tie, I know you got to get out of here. Man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: We appreciate your time looking out and when you get some more time, hey, stop back by with us again.
Speaker 3: Man, We love to have it. We appreciate you guys. Hold on what you got, uh hey, tell us about the YouTube channel you getting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just really man, being a big fan of you guys, showing everything you guys doing. I'm looking to get into my own I want to talk O line. I want to talk on line D line, get some details of the trenches. How Kobe and Peyton Manning had the detailed show and they really broke down what.
Speaker 3: They're seeing and how they analyze the game.
Speaker 1: I want to be one of those people and kind of really take over that that avenue for O line, D line to words easily digestible, so I can I can be an educator in that space. So you know what technique is used. You know who that sack is on and how it happened, you know what I mean. That's gonna be a part of my YouTube show, So Toronto Upstairs show coming.
Speaker 3: So man, I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: You already got a partner, We got some we got something in the workpiate line.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got you got you know, Big Willy Andson. Yeah for sure. Yeah sure believe me.
Speaker 4: I mean we believe we'd be real good in that space, especially from an informative standpoint, playing a playing the old line position.
Speaker 3: Man, he's really gonna be there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, what TV We really appreciate Daddy YouTube show launched on June seventeen. He's gonna break down. It's gonna be the final points of old line and d line play What actually happened? The set, quick set, jump set, He watched the staff, he dropped down, he played for the bull, he been all of that stuff. So all the good stuff, that the interesting stuff that a lot of people don't talk about. You'll be able to get that on tear uh Toront's YouTube channel, so Chick it Out is launching June seventeenth. T appreciate your chime, man, and when you get an opportunity to stop back by with.
Speaker 6: A shout out to tea appreciated something.
Speaker 3: Yep, the volume