Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jackie and Key Arms wrongdo Live.
Speaker 3: The Rum Studio c See Senior A dimly let room did with from the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound shrouded by razor wire and Doberman's being got.
Speaker 2: Rid of the German shepherds. Doom Eller's a tariff on chermany right, they got too expensive from.
Speaker 1: Doberman's now protecting us and today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah. University of Florida.
Speaker 1: Alligators national champs, I think international chance. They deserve the respect of having their full name used, the Alligators.
Speaker 2: You don't hear that very often. Oh, fantastic exciting game. If you watched it. If you didn't, that's fine too.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. That's nice. That's very charitable. I don't want anybody to feel left out apparently.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny.
Speaker 1: The the email that I've been going through prior to the show just rife with hostility. I mean, people just anger any particular topic, anything about Trump, Okay, yeah, yeah, one particular sort of person just enraged at any questioning of the great Man. But that's that's fine, Okay. I've responded not with anger but with kindness to all. How about the fact that the market turned like two trillion dollars up and down yesterday because of a rumor that was flying around That's what we were dealing with live on the show, where it looked like everything's come back with what's going on here?
Speaker 2: And it's because a fake.
Speaker 1: Truth social post from Donald Trump was flying around Wall Street and the market like, I mean, gazillions of dollars changed hands because of that fake thing, and then and then everybody, oh, that's not real.
Speaker 2: Then other things happen. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a slightly different explanation as a blue check mark Twitter journalist dude who wildly misinterpreted a statement by Trump.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the effect is the same.
Speaker 1: It was it was it was nothing, it was vapor, it was inaccurate, and the market turned trillions of dollars on It isn't that interesting?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yes? Oh hell yeah? It is?
Speaker 1: Is that is that some of that computer trading because that to go crazy like that? Yeah, partly, Plus everybody is just on the edge of their seat trying to figure out what's happening next in the official like gigantic trading world and you know, day traders and just all sorts of funds. It's as if, in you know, that's funny. I almost said nineteen thirty nine, might as well say, two thousand and two, somebody said something really loud on Fifth Avenue in New York, and the market turned, you know, trillions of dollars because one dip ass whatever you know social media platform it was on saying Trump is saying he will consider a ninety day pause when he didn't say that at all. That's a guy saying something. Two point four trillion dollars of market value was added in minutes when this rumor flew around, and then most of it disappeared just as quickly when people realize it was a rumor.
Speaker 2: But that just seems like that that just doesn't see I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: About anything, which is pretty obvious to anyone who listens about this stuff, But that just doesn't seem like that should be be the way things work. What a guy says something and trillions of dollars change hands.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would agree to top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just it seems like investing should be more. Yeah, it's the sort of thing Warren Buffett talks about. Should be more of a solid company that makes things for the long term and has good structural foundation economically, not earnings trillions of dollars flying around.
Speaker 2: That's what hits you.
Speaker 1: Talking about earnings and value and dividends. Oh, you're so Yesterday's ville, man, it's all about speculating. Here's today's news, though, and some of it is interesting. Politico says Trump has started telling allies and phone calls that the endgame of the tariffs would be sooner than people expect, and that the White Houses and talks with multiple countries stressing that deals will be made, said one person familiar with those phone calls granted anonymity.
Speaker 2: So that's what Politico is saying.
Speaker 1: In the Washington Post, has Elon Musk appealed directly to the President to ditch the whole tariff regime.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Wall Street Journal headline CEOs who had been silent now speaking out against tariff plan. A number of like the super heavyweights of America, partly because they have their earnings call calls in the next week where they have to in a very legal fashion tell their investors what they think the prospects are. And they're saying, well, we're gonna tell our investors that we're in serious trouble because of these tariffs. So they're saying to the president, you understand, we've got to say that. And Ted Cruz, Senator from Texas, who is often very favorable to Trump, tweeted out would be JFK. Assassin tweet it out ever for again, if President Trump uses this moment is leverage, that would be a massive victory for the American people. But there are voices in the White House that want high tariffs forever. There are angels and demons sitting on the president's shoulders.
Speaker 2: Who does he listen to? A Manda Crews have a gift for just over flowery everything.
Speaker 1: Everything he says seems a little dramatic. With angels and demons sitting on the president's shoulder, who does he listen to?
Speaker 2: But I hope the angels, Ted, We'll.
Speaker 1: See how this all turns out. That's right, You know, it was funny. It was when we met him and chatted for a while. He could not have been a more straightforward and down to earth person. He's just, for some reason, decided to go with that. Ah, I'm a great roman orator approach to every public pronouncement. It's funny. Have you listened to his podcast at all? M No, I haven't either. Oh, seek that out. So we'll see how all this turns out. And I don't know. Did I just find that frightening? Two point four trillion dollars in minutes?
Speaker 2: Would you hear? Bye? Bye? I mean throw millions billions of dollars at it? Bye? Oh it's not true, sell it, sell it all, sell really quick, just learn it, just get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Just doesn't seem the way super genius financial people should work, right right, Yeah, yeah, these are spicy times.
Speaker 2: I'd say, now I have an upset stomach.
Speaker 1: We have the first direct talks with a RAN in eight years coming up on Saturday. Trump says, if RAN doesn't, you know, agree to something, they'll be hell to pay in a bombing the likes of which they've never seen and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So that's very exciting.
Speaker 1: Turns out those super advanced stealth bombers with the bunker busters and all that was for the houthis or so it would seem as we're getting ready to pound them into obliteration. I say, we don't stop shooting at shifs. I thought it was for a ran. Maybe it is, but what I was thinking, so I was reading that stuff about you know whatever insider told Politico. He's telling people on the phone that they're going to wrap this up kind of soon.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's the case.
Speaker 1: But the one that's going to end up hanging out there, the really really important one, I think, is going to be the whole China situation. All this other stuff could settle down and you still got the whole things with China have not changed. There are enemy I'm all fired up about this because I was listened to yet another podcast with Tom Cotton on it yesterday, the Senator who has written book Seven Things You Can't Say About China But anyway, he is really a hawk on the whole China thing.
Speaker 2: And should be.
Speaker 1: He says, people come to him all the time with his book and say, are things as bad as you say with Chinese? Says, no, they're much worse than anybody thinks in terms of China is building to take on the United States and war. That's what they do every single day. They're planning to take us on and defeat us, and we're acting like it's not true anyway on the whole trade thing. You know, Trump China came back Friday with the thirty four percent tariff on top of what we did, and then Trump yesterday said another fifty percent, which put it over one hundred percent, and blah blah blah. I think that China United States thing is that's gonna stay hot for quite a while, like maybe the rest of our lives. You want to hear a headline slash lead that will make you say, wait, what. Many US companies plan to keep China ties. Survey fines Washington made Beijing maybe heading toward the coupling, but US companies ties with China are proving hard to break. New report commissioned by the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation showed that many of the roughly two hundred American companies surveyed in the past couple of years planned to hold on to or increase their ties with China. That's really interesting given that Wall Street Journal article we read from last year where a lot of companies were saying they don't send their top business people over there anymore because they're worried about them getting snatched up off the street. Yeah, you can't even send your your your head of sales to China because you're afraid they'll be imprisoned illgally. But you're gonna keep doing business there because it's cheaper. Yeah, exactly, it's just it's crack cheap. Chinese labor is crack for companies. They think, Oh my god, I hate the communists. Look what they're doing. What Jack just said, but look at the numbers.
Speaker 2: Look at the numbers. If we have them assemble our whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, if Apple is being honest last week, and I gotta believe they're exaggerating, but even if it's half accurate, saying that an iPhone, if they made ten percent of iPhones in the United States, an iPhone would cost.
Speaker 2: Over three thousand dollars, that's extraordinary. Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is How did it already get to be pulling up my sleeve? Tuesday April the eighth, or twenty twenty five, we are Armstrong in Gedty, and we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's begin.
Speaker 1: Then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, leaping into action at mark.
Speaker 4: From twelve down to the school's third national championship in men's basketball sixty five sixty three the final, the Florida Gators are the national champions once again.
Speaker 1: The tendency of college teams to be unable to score over extended periods at times, and the kids playing suffocating defense like you'd never see in the NBA except maybe Game seven of the finals means.
Speaker 2: That no college game is over till it's over. Correct, you can have enormous swings.
Speaker 1: Also, Florida's biggest star, uh, who's having one of the greatest tournaments they said since Larry Bird back in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Scored eleven points and they still want none in the first half. Was not to be a scene. Yeah, it's amazing. So we got mail Bag coming up.
Speaker 1: A little bit later, we get Katie's headlines, and then we got some more news of the day. I can't wait to talk about the company that has brought back the dire Wolf. It's been ex extinct for thousands and thousands of thousands of years and they showed two cute little dire Wolf puppies on the news last night, and what does this mean? They say wooe mammoth in a couple of years. And why are we doing this? This is what my son said. Just why are we down?
Speaker 2: Son? Is a good which is a pretty good question.
Speaker 1: Why are we doing what bringing back gigantic wolves that stand ten foot tall at the shoulder and might escape their enclosures and run rampant across the countryside.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're questioning?
Speaker 1: Uh so, that's a heck of a interesting topic. Got all that on the way. Our text line is four one, five two nine five KFTC. I got a question for NPR anybody that works over there, as if they would ever listen to us, when's the last time you said anything even slightly negative about Hamas? Tell me the last news story that had one negative sentence about Hamas as opposed to the negative story about Israel every single.
Speaker 2: Day, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Four more Charlottan reporting Hamas's numbers of casualties, for instance, which everybody including them, have now revised way down. Four more children killed in Israeli air strikes yesterday.
Speaker 2: Hamas Ministry of Blah Blah says.
Speaker 1: Tell me one time you say something bad about maybe they did the story about how they tortured that Palestinian to death the other day who led a protest against Moss.
Speaker 2: Maybe they did the story. If they did it, I didn't hear it. Yeah, wow, wow, Wow, that's heavy stuff. Jack.
Speaker 1: I was going to come back and mention that I'm in a game of chicken with my printer, which is demanding I update the firmware and has been for weeks. But I'm not freaking updates. Oh, you're not gonna tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to that. I'd tell you what to do, and you know what you gotta do. Print. That's what I didn't get to that story.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I spent six seven hours on my son's computer with Best By Geek squad back and forth and on the phone and everything like that, and I wanted to talk about that.
Speaker 2: But God, that's that's one thing I wish I could do.
Speaker 1: It's print, my printer's printing, or my computer's doing all I needed to do, never needed to do anything beyond this.
Speaker 2: Can we just leave it alone?
Speaker 1: Not a security date? Of course, your computer. All you need is a ballpeen hammer good call him best Buy. That'll take care of the problem. Get a new computer, Katie Green has the lead story. Who's reporting?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: For goodness sakes, Katie? All right, start with Politico.
Speaker 6: Their top headline, trade war chaos hits the stock market.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not very chaos c he today, so we'll see.
Speaker 6: From NBC Ukraine captures Chinese citizens who fought with Russian army, Zelenski says.
Speaker 2: Well, you got the Chinese in there too.
Speaker 6: Yeah. From ABC, Harvard, UCLA, and Stanford among schools across the United States reporting student visas being revoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I quit advocating for terrorists or go home either way.
Speaker 6: From the New York Times, US to hold nuclear talks with Iran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on Saturday, direct talks. First time in a long time. I thought Iran was denying that. Still, but who knows? They're lying liars put their beards, Yeah, their beards.
Speaker 6: For instance, from Newsweek, DOJE official claims shocking fallout from Biden's mass migration millions of migrants on medicaid, thousands now on voter rolls.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, medicaid. You sneak into the country and you get on medicaid. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and thousands on voter rolls. To who was that story from? I was from Newsweek oh okay.
Speaker 6: From the Washington Post, the US just had its windiest start to spring in nearly fifty years.
Speaker 2: I'm glad somebody's measuring that.
Speaker 1: That was our windiest starts to spring come.
Speaker 2: In early, early, windy, early spring. Yes.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, AOC flies first class to Bernie Sanders fight oligarchy rally as critic slam her for battling inequality one mimosa at a time.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw that story, and I thought, am I to my upset about this? Shouldn't she?
Speaker 1: Should she be sitting back and coach. She's very famous. It would be very hard to.
Speaker 2: Function.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is very very famous, and you know her policies are ludicrous.
Speaker 2: She's a hypocrite and a liar.
Speaker 1: I don't need to harp on how she flies, Honestly, it just seems silly to me.
Speaker 2: But if you enjoy it, enjoy it well.
Speaker 1: The average person never flies first class ever in their lives because it's so ridiculously expensive. And her doing the whole I'm, you know, standing up for the regular person and gets billionaires flying around in first class.
Speaker 2: I mean, then you know you understands the poor optics.
Speaker 6: Yes, and Finally, the Babylon Bee teen wondering when parents will grow out of their awkward stage.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty funny. Dang it, the whole teenager thing. Geez, every day every day it amazes me. Keeps you on your toes, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: What are you so unhappy about? Your life looks pretty good from my angle? Oh boy, why are we designed like this? I don't know. That's it. How do you let go of a child because you can't stand to live with them? Anyway? It Scott's plan. We got a lot on the way, a lot of news.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stay with us Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Philadelphia Zoo announced last week that a pair of nearly one hundred year old tortoises recently welcome their first hatchlings. You may have seen the tortoises on the MTV show ninety nine.
Speaker 2: And pregnant markets are surging.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to us live, so the bounce back has begun, and get into that later. Also, latest polling on the whole tariff thing. Get into that later also. And oh and I just saw the real ID deadline is a month away.
Speaker 2: This is going to be my all time greatest hit.
Speaker 1: Screw up because it's been I've seen it coming for so long and known the entire time for years that at some point I will be at an airport ready to get on a plane someplace I need to go, yes, and they'll say we no longer accept your driver's license. You need your real ID, even though I knew it for years. I am that is going to happen to me. I'll like your high school teacher assigned you a book report due in twenty years and you waited until the last night in you're up all life, right, that is going to happen to me. Yeah, it's funny, Judy, and I heard that report, and I have a feeling. I spoke for many, many millions of Americans when I said, do we have real ideas?
Speaker 2: I've completely lost track? Is ours real? She looked at it and said, yeah, yes we do. How that happened? I don't recall. Well, I sure don't have one? Are you sure? I'm positive you might? When did you last for New year license? I don't know?
Speaker 1: So, so your driver's license is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh it is? Well, maybe I did have a real like the updated does it have like a hologrammy looking thing? On there or yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do have it done and done, sir, that's my point. Nobody has any idea it part. Yeah. So speaking of economics and that sort of thing, which a lot of people are doing these days in reference to the tariffs.
Speaker 2: But to this too shall pass, I hope eventually.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and some of the support and lack of support are coming from some interesting areas for the tariffs, and we can talk about that more later. But I'm kind of tariffed out. We brought this up kind of briefly at the end of Yes, I could talk about tariffs for many more hours.
Speaker 2: Well you should feel free. How about one room over anyway?
Speaker 1: I found this so interesting, big survey of America's employers, especially manufacturers, they cannot find reliable, conscientious workers who can pass a drug test. A good worker, like a good man, can be hard to find these days. And who is this writing in the Alicia Finley, who I think is a terrific writer. But she says, blame government, which showers benefits on able bodied people who don't work well at the same time subsidizing college degrees that don't lead to productive employment, and the result is millions of idle men and millions of unfilled jobs, what an economist would call a dead weight loss to society. So failing the drug test, is it mostly the marijuana, the Mary Jane, the lettuce, the hippie. Yeah, I don't know. I suspect so, though. Sure I think it's mostly pot. But I think that's just brilliantly simply put, we are showering benefits on able bodied people and subsidizing useless college degrees as as a people because the government is theoretically doing our work right, well, I for one, don't like either end of that anyway. Forty percent of small business owners and March reported job openings they could not fill. Construction companies fifty six percent said, yeah, we have unfilled jobs and we can't find anybody. Transportation, I have a feeling that's mostly truck drivers. Fifty three percent manufacturing, which the President is, according to many people, admirably trying to shepherd back inside the country. More forty seven percent of manufacturers say, no, we've got openings we can't fill.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: So, according to the last week's National Federation of Independent Business survey, that might be a flaw in the president's plan that hasn't been discussed enough. He wants to bring back the fifties or seventies or whatever golden era of manufacturing we used to have.
Speaker 2: But back then people would do those jobs.
Speaker 1: If half the manufacturing jobs out there or you can't fill. Now, what if manufacturing did come back to the United States, Who, in theory is going to do those jobs?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Not illegal immigrants, because thank god the border has been closed and the statistics are astounding.
Speaker 2: Biden was a scoundrel anyway.
Speaker 1: Was it going to be the woman who studies major from your local university that goes work, They're probably not.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: It could well be the dudes who have no disability on disability who are heaved off of that system. But that would take some tough love, and that's not very popular politically speaking.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go into.
Speaker 1: One of the districts of the Rust Belty places or Appalachia or whatever where you have just ludicrous levels of people on disability. Happened to read a couple things about this recently. Didn't flog you with it on the air. But and if you go into those places and say we're kicking it off every everybody on disability who's not like missing a limb, you will lose an election by.
Speaker 2: Seventy points, if that's even possible.
Speaker 1: Once people are on the toll man, once people have a benefit, whether legitimate or perhaps questionable, taking it away as political poison as you know, Labor Department's job openings and labor turnover survey businesses tell a similar story. There are twice as many job openings in manufacturing now than in the mid two thousands.
Speaker 2: As a share of employment.
Speaker 1: Save for the pandemic, America's workers shortage is the worst in fifty years. Decades ago, productivity, enhancing technology and yes, inexpensive imports cousted men who worked on shop floors to lose their jobs and drop out of the workforce. But that generation is sailing into the sunset, and there are many fewer young Americans who want to work in factories.
Speaker 2: Listen to this now.
Speaker 1: The labor force participation rate among young among working age men is now about five percentage points lower than in the early eighties. Okay, this is not like the nineteen tens. This is the nineteen eighties, five points lower. As a result, there are about three and a half million fewer men between the ages twenty five and fifty four in the workforce and one point three million between the ages of twenty five and thirty four, a significantly bigger population than we have in the eighties. Right then there would have been were it not for this decline. Labor participation among working age women, on the other hand, recently hit a record in part because they are having fewer children, and then people aren't coupling that sort of thing. At the risk of stereotyping, women are more inclined toward helping professions such as services than those that require physical labor.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just true. It's undeniable.
Speaker 1: So I've not done a manufacturing sort of job before, so I don't know what it's like, but I certainly feel like there's a social stigma around it that doesn't help true.
Speaker 2: Why it is.
Speaker 1: Why there's not a social stigma around having a meaningless, soul deadening paper pushing job in a cubicle, I don't know why that is. I mean, maybe the other way around should be. There shouldn't be any stigma around any jobs. Working for a living is considerably better than not whatever the hell you're doing.
Speaker 2: So why I always the.
Speaker 1: Vestige of the twentieth century where a job where you used your brain as opposed to your back was seen as a higher status job.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know some of these jobs or you use your brain.
Speaker 1: That's barely not much, I mean, but they certainly don't seem like they'd be much more enjoyable as starter jobs.
Speaker 2: Right, Tedious is tedious. I had a.
Speaker 1: Sort of manufacturing job for one summer, and it was pretty tedious, honestly, but I'm sure it is. You know why I go went ahead and took it and kept it. It was because it paid pretty good. It was my best option. Right, So, yeah, you got any and well you should have to make a living. You got us import yourself somehow.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. What kind of monster are you listen to this? Would you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Where have all the good working men gone?
Speaker 1: Some are subsisting on government benefits, are living off their parents. About seventeen percent of working age men are on Medicaid, seventeen percent, seven and a half percent on food stamps, and six point three percent on Social Security, many claiming disability payouts.
Speaker 2: According to the Census Bureau.
Speaker 1: Many spend their days playing video games and day trading, well, day trading hilarious, speculating on meme stocks, or you tell somebody your day trading.
Speaker 2: I don't know how often you're actually.
Speaker 1: Trading and making any money because you don't want to say I just play video games and live in my parents' basement, so you say you're your day trader. So I don't remember our good friend Craig the healthcare Genius's statistics. But if I remember correctly, originally medicaid was only supposed to cover like a tiny percentage people period.
Speaker 2: Now it's covering percent.
Speaker 1: Maybe now it's covering and that would have been like the old and you know people that I got all kinds of physical or mental problems. Now it's seventeen percent of working age men, not like senior citizens.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple more stats. Other missing men are taking longer to finish college or pursuing graduate degrees. Only about forty one percent of men complete a bachelor's degree in four years, even though study after study shows they don't teach. You don't have to work. There's great inflation. It's dopey. Only forty one percent and a quarter take more than six years. Wow, because you're in no hurry to get out of college. My dad used to comment about perpetual college students. And I never really understood what he was talking about. And I'm sure it was a small number of people back when he was in college, but now it is a lot.
Speaker 2: Apparently. I'll just stay in college.
Speaker 1: I'll just keep borrowing money and because I'm too young or unwise to understand what I'm doing, and I'll just keep this game going of I get to sit around with my friends and discuss the world without ever having to engage in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have disability.
Speaker 1: My thumb hurts on Thursdays, final stat Then.
Speaker 2: I will I will stop.
Speaker 1: We're just we are a fat, lazy, comfortable society. We're headed to front denial, right, we are headed straight toward France.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The unemployment rate Jack considered this among recent college grads with a sociology degree is about seven percent, and their medium wage, if they do have a gig, is forty five thousand dollars according to the Federal Reserve Bank. Social grads can earn twice as much working on an auto assembly line, which pays an average hundred thousand dollars a year. Good gig, but not many want it. The reality is that masses a young people, writes Alicia Finley, who again as a genius, has been taught that capitalism is exploitive. They don't want to work in factories. They'd rather mooch off taxpayers or their parents. How Karl Marx is that, Yes, some of it is that, I'm sure, But I just I think a lot of it is just the cultural that would be embarrassing for your parents and for you if you worked over at the whatever factory. Yeah, more embarrassing in our current society than if you just live at home and you know.
Speaker 2: You say you're a day trader.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be more embarrassing to have a job at a plant than to live with your parents, But I think it is. Or having taken six years to get an undergrad degree in gender studies, you're now getting a master's degree in the theoretical decolonialization of art or whatever the say sometimes. Thank for soft people, man. There is no more iron law of humanity than that. I think My kids, my two boys, are growing up in a household where they hear me talk enough about this that they realize that's uncool to not go out there and get a job of some sort. I hope we got Katie's headline. No, we already did that. We've got Joe's bag on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here a.
Speaker 3: Word.
Speaker 2: You're going to be hearing a lot more in coming years.
Speaker 1: De extinction, as they think they've pulled off the first de extinction by bringing back the dire Wolf, which disappeared thirty five thousand years ago thirty.
Speaker 2: Five three free appearance on Game of Thrones. That's correct.
Speaker 1: Ummah, so yeah, we'll talk about that maybe an hour or two is no, oh, the lonesome cry of the dire Wolf. Here's your freedom loving quote. It today sat along by an alert listener whose name I do not recall, and I apologize for that. I am incompetent and will suffer the consequences thereof. But it's from an rand and I quote Fascism and communism are not two opposites, but two rival gangs fighting over the same territory based on the collectivist principle that man is the rightless slave of the state.
Speaker 2: I think she's absolutely right. It's the horseshoe theory. But yeah, yeah, quite so.
Speaker 1: Mailbag drop us a nowood jem mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. I have put aside some of the impassioned, angry, idiotic emails about this, that, and the other, just because I'd rather go with stuff that amuses me. But I will tell you this, it's a little life advice for it. You've probably heard many times, don't hit send when you're angry, whether it's a text or an.
Speaker 2: Email or whatever.
Speaker 1: And I think some people think that's because, well, it might be hurtful to the other person, and it might hurt our relationship, and blah blah blah, and all of that is very true. The other un underappreciated aspect of hitting sen when you're angry is that you come off like a stupid child who can't control yourself. Even if you're writing to a radio show, remember your name's attached to that, and you come across as an angry adolescent sputtering at their dad or mom.
Speaker 2: Okay, think about it before you hit send. Friends.
Speaker 1: Moving along from first initial t trash in California, guys, what really surprises me is the millions that are spent of taxpayer money to run public service announcements for a cleaner California.
Speaker 2: Don't litter?
Speaker 1: Really, you tell me not to litter. You you allow junkie camps to exist. Here's an idea, why not start getting rid of the junkies in their camps. I couldn't if I tried litter as much in my lifetime as you know, the camp in the park with the tents and all the crap, well right, and where those tax dollars are spent in Sacramento, I can't remember. Katie had a story a week or two ago about cleaning up a junkie camp along the Sacramento River and they removed three thousand tons of trash or whatever it is. And look, I hate littering. I don't believe in throwing away so much as a cigarette butter, a candy wrapper. But seriously, you're gonna harangue me a taxpayer expense not to throw away my gum wrapper. Well, you're allowing junkie camps to unload thousands of tons by the river.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Moving along, Neil and Utah writes, guys, A long time listening to My parents would listen to you and Jack.
Speaker 2: When I was in high school.
Speaker 1: I picked up your show listen regularly as a thirty six year old.
Speaker 2: Now, I know you think that's a nice thing to say, but you're old. Get over it. But his.
Speaker 5: This is a coordinated monthly test of the emergency alert system. Broadcasters in our area are testing the equipment that can quickly warn you in the event of emergencies. If this had been an actual emergen see such as flooding, high winds, or a chemical spill, official messages would have followed this tone. This station serves the Sacramento Valley and Sierra Nevada Foothill Counties. This concludes this test of the emergency alert system.
Speaker 1: At least there was a noose in her son's bag. So there's a doll and some sort of string that seemed to be over the doll's head. First thing that popped in my head. These are not toys, These are something different. Tonny says she needs a support animal.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people just looking to be outraged crazy. Oh that one's so good, but it's a little long.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The One More Thing podcast yesterday, I'm strung Getting One more Thing. I talked about using Google Translate while standing next to Spanish speakers.
Speaker 2: To see what they were saying.
Speaker 1: And is that pe perhaps out of boundser since they're right there speaking within earshot.
Speaker 2: Is it okay?
Speaker 1: Garrick says, I'm a white guy who learns Spanish. So whenever I'm around Mexicans I always tell them that I know Spanish when they're speaking.
Speaker 2: It seems like the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Really, that's interesting, Psych, stop being a self hating white boy Joe, So maybe he doesn't do that on all. You feel like, are there people that feel like they need to say, by the way, I speak Spanish?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: But Denny says Psych, So I don't know if that's the opposite or all right, Okay, we got a lot more on the way, including the return of the Dire Wolf, Armstrong and Getty