Speaker 1: Welcome everybody, Tuesday edition of Play and Buck and it's one hundred days of Trump into this second term. One hundred days of Trump, absolutely fantastic stuff to talk about here.
Speaker 2: We will dive.
Speaker 1: Into all of the latest with the Trump administration, but also take a look at what has gone on so far. It has been transformative, it has been fast and furious, and it is just the beginning. So we want to take a moment year to see how it has been and will be on Trump two point zero and we'll take your calls on this obviously and have a free flowing conversation about the wins and the challenges left to be tackled. We've also got JD Vance, Vice President Advance. Clay and I both will have to try not to call him JD because we've known him as JD for years, but now he is Vice president Vance.
Speaker 2: He will be with us.
Speaker 1: We did an interview with him second hour of the program, so definitely want to tune in talking about all the big stuff going on right now, everything from men and women in sports, to tariffs to the border to Trump two point zero, So definitely second hour diving into that, looking forward to that conversation for all of you, and we have more to look at here on the sports side of things, Clay, the Philadelphia Eagles went to the White House, which is very nice. They had a nice time. From what I understand, the Canadian election didn't exactly go the way we wanted to Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney, we won't spend too much time on this because well, very few of you live in Canada, so not really our problem. There are some we have some Canadian listeners, but generally I don't know anything about Canadian politics. We talked some about Pierre Polyev because he had a couple of viral videos, but once Trump won, I gotta be honest with you, my interest in what happened in America's top hat really kind of vanished. I feel bad for Canadians stuck behind enemy lines, but we're kind of rolling here, so it's hard for me to get too worked up about what happens in Canada. I think that's probably the general perspective. But we do have empathy for those of you a that are stuck above the border dealing with chaos, and they say leadership. They didn't learn the lessons of Trudeau painfully enough. This is what you see in microcosm in places well, actually I think California has more people than Canada. But this is what you see in places like California, where even when there's tremendous mismanagement, you have Democrats who double and triple down on the madness. Well, the liberals, the leftists in Canada doubling and tripling down on the madness. They want everything to be dysfunctional. They want to have sky high housing prices and a in anemic economy and all these things. Okay, they want to have bad healthcare that they tell themselves is great because it's free, but actually it's not free at all. It's very expensive when you add the time and the cost and the inability to get care. But like I said, Canada not our problem. Not going to be the fifty first state either. So who cares? Well, we care a little bit, but we don't care that much. Now, one hundred days of Trump and some exciting things going on. Let's take it first too. This cut to Caroline Levitt talking about what the some of the top line numbers are for this first one hundred days of Trump. Two point zero play it so far.
Speaker 3: Total investment commitments under the Trump administration have reached more than five trillion dollars, including five hundred billion from Apple and US based manufacturing and training, five hundred billion from Navidia and AI infrastructure, one hundred billion from TSMC and US hips manufacturing, and the five hundred billion dollar private investment by Open Ai Oracle in soft bank and AI infrastructure as well. All of these investment commitments are estimated to generate at least four hundred and fifty one thousand new high paying jobs for American workers and families. At this point, President Trump has secured more investments in the United States of America in one hundred days than Joe Biden did in four years.
Speaker 1: Trump is a deal maker, as we know, Clay, and we'll talk more about tariffs wat jd vance about that too. But in terms of the economy being open for business in this country, and particularly look at things like going to maximize trying to maximize energy production, going after our own resources, a lot to be proud of so far in one hundred.
Speaker 2: Days, totally.
Speaker 4: And some people are going to say because the negative, given that we're at a one hundred day is going to be Hey, let's look at the polling numbers. Here's what I would say about the polls. First of all, I don't really care, and you might say, Okay, what do you mean by that Trump is not going to be eligible to run for reelection. So I suspect that by the time Trump's term is coming near an end, that he will be on a popularity upswing, like we saw with Barack Obama and with Bill Clinton. By and large, did you sign on to this, Buck that the only two two term presidents that could have been reelected if they had been able to run, would have been Bill Clinton in two thousand U and Barack Obama I think would have won in two thousand and sixteen, now maybe not. I also think Ronald Reagan, if he had been able to run in nineteen eighty eight, even with his advanced age, would have likely won two. I think Trump will be at his peak popularity. Here's a three year in advance prediction. Trump in the fall of twenty twenty eight will be at peak popularity because the impact of his trade agreements and of his economic policies will be flourishing at a high level. I think we will have peace, and I think that if Trump were eligible to run for a third term that he would win again in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I think it very lot of history early, a lot of we can't test the thesis one way or the other. I mean, I think Bill Clinton is incredibly lucky as a politician, the luck that that guy had on a whole range of things. But if you had been in office when nine to eleven actually happened, the straight line between him being an imbecile on foreign policy and missing every chance and US getting hit with the worst attacks in Pearl Harbor would have been irrefutable, even for Democrats. Also, the stock market crash also a lot of things this guy got out, But justin.
Speaker 4: You disagree that he would have won. I think he would have beaten George W.
Speaker 2: Bush.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think he would have won. I think Reagan would have won an eighty eight. This is an argument in favor Regan. Reagan would have been too Reagan would have been too old at that point. That would have been a problem for him. I think he would have won because the only reason that George Bush Senior one was because Reagan was so beloved, and obviously Ducaucus was not a candidate. You don't think Ronald Reagan would have beaten Doucacas in eighty eight. Reagan, he would have won.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're throwing in the mix, like who he's going up against, you know, Barack Obama though running Barack Obama running against Donald Trump. Actually don't think Barack Obama would have won. I think Trump, I think I think I think he would have won that election. I think that Obama would have beaten Trump in sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well remember not. You and I disagree vociferously on Remember Hillary.
Speaker 4: First of all, I don't think Trump would have been the nominee necessarily, but Hillary came within whatever it was eighty five. Hillary was an awful candidate right off, full candidate.
Speaker 5: She was.
Speaker 4: I mean, even Democrats looking back, they're like, man, you know she just I don't know who she would have been able to beat. I think Trump was a great candidate against her. Ran a phenomenal campaign. But I actually think the best campaign Trump ran was twenty four. Of his three election campaigns, sixteen was phenomenal. I think he was so well schooled by twenty four. Sixteen was more haphazard. I think that this one was great. Again, were sixteen was was insurgency. He was the insurgency against the machine, and just like happened sometimes in real life, the insurgency overcame the superior force in terms of battlefield operations. And then in twenty four it was the comeback campaign, so the Great American Comeback, which so the narratives I think were pretty clear in both of those. And then twenty twenty was the COVID you know, freak show what the hell is going on? Campaign for everybody, and I know all the other stuff quote unquote shenanigans.
Speaker 1: We won't talk about it right now, but anyway, Clay, I think that Trump's first one hundred days, here's what we have to remember about it. We wanted him to do the things we want him to do, the things that he promised to do, and some of those things are disruptive, and disruptive things can be a little bit off putting sometimes to the markets. It can feel a little bit you can create a little bit of anxiety among people because oh wait, it's not exactly status quo is comfortable. This is why so often, and particularly in politics, I think people get into inertia. Well, this is the way it is, so, this is the way it will be, This is the way We've done things, so let's keep doing it that way. Trump isn't running again. I know he jokes about the third term. That's the troll Libs. It's like the fifty first state Canada. That's the troll. You know, Canada and Trudeau and the rest of them. Clay, he's not running again. We need him to do the things that a politician who's obsessed with his next election won't do. Yes, And this is what is so key. That's why I'm saying the polling I'm not focused on. If he were trying to run for reelection, I think you'll look at polling and you think about how that's going to play out. He is uniquely liberated to do what he thinks the right results are without having to worry about the day to day polling. And by the way, that is.
Speaker 4: Potentially going to run out in twenty twenty six, when they're likely going to impeach Trump again. If Democrats take back control of the House, they don't have anything new to hit him with, so expect for them to go back to the tried and true, failed methods of the past. We've already seen it with them trying to broadcast and attack him by saying he's hitler. I think where we are likely headed is Trump has got to get everything done between now and the summer of twenty twenty six, and then we will see the House come down to five or six different rent really close races, and Democrats are either going to have a tiny minority or Republicans are going to have a tiny majority. Right, tiny leadership. I think that we're going to see in the Senate good stuff. Republicans are going to maintain control of the Senate. So for judges things like that, Trump is going to have four years to get his view of the judiciary through, get as many different judges confirmed. But in order to have both control of the House and the Senate, he's got to be fast. He's got to be decisive, and I think that's what you're seeing right now, and sometimes that's going to make people a little bit upset. So that's why I'm not concerned about any of the polling to the extent it's accurate as we sit here at one hundred days, because he's making decisions that are multi years in nature. Well, yes, and this is why I want Trump to not care about the polls right now, because the polls in a year as they pertain to the midterms and the Republican Party in its future will matter. The polls right now now do not matter at all. In fact, all the polls really do is give a talking point to anti Trump media and the Democrat Party that want to create a perception of.
Speaker 1: Oh, this isn't working, Oh this is failing. Trump should not be doing the things that he's doing. He's doing what he promised to do when he ran. He said he would take on the terif issue. He said he would get a peace deal between Russia and Ukraine. He said he'd secure the border. You know, I could go down the whole list. He's doing the things he said he would do. Some of these things are, as we've said, a departure from the status quo. They are disruptive and so clay by their very nature, they're going to create a little bit of friction and a little bit of uncertainty. If you don't want that, you don't want change, you don't want someone to fix anything. You just want more of the same. I think we all need to remember that the first one hundred days has been a plus. Overall. It's not perfect, nothing ever will be, and there's no certainties, there's no guarantees in life. But he's doing what he said he would do, and he I think he should have our full support as he continues to pursue that mandate. If he had veered off into nonsense, I'd be saying, why did he veer off into nonsense? That's not what has happened.
Speaker 4: I also think, and we'll talk about this more, the next one hundred days or so are set up to be incredibly consequential. Hopefully we get some form of resolution in Ukraine, more resolution in Gaza, and again inflation, which to me, I'll hit you when we come back, Buck with what the American public from an economic perspective is most focused on, and inflation is at four year lows. To me, that is the number one laser focus. After Biden took us over nine percent, people still feel like things cost more than they should. Tomorrow, evening Israel begins celebrating their own Independence day seventy seventh anniversary. Is a nation and like our Independence Day, it should be a celebration. But this year, or once again, it's going to be tense for the majority of people living in Israel. Freedom nothing more than a daily struggle just to survive. There's no real peace, only hesitation and fear of when another missile attack might arrive. It's difficult to find moments of joy when there is so much danger and suffering out there. The Israeli government appreciates the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews because they're helping to make sure the elderly, the sick, the wounded soldiers and impoverished families they don't fall through the cracks. I saw all the work that the Fellowship does when I was in Israel during December. We can provide, thanks to you guys, life saving a medicine, hearty meals safety and comfort. When we bless the people of Israel, we unlock God's blessing in our lives as well. You can join us and show your support for Israel by making a life saving gift today. Call to make your gift at eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three to two. You can also go online at SUPPORTIFCJ dot org one word support IFCJ dot org.
Speaker 6: Saving America, one thought at a time. Clay Travis and Buck sext them find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Playing buck here one hundred days of the Trump Vance administration, and we are joined now by Vice President JD. Vance, and we're going to get into all the successes the border and more.
Speaker 2: But JD.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've answered this question, But on the first day of your administration, Ohio State won the National Championship against Notre Dame. But you had a ton of obligations as the newly inaugurated vice president. Do you have like an official Buckeye guy who was following you around that day giving you updates during the course.
Speaker 2: Of the game.
Speaker 4: I know you're a big fan. I've actually I wondered about it that night. I don't know if you've answered it. I would have if my University of Tennessee ever gets back in the in the idle game, I would be terrified to miss any of it. What was your play there for National Title Game day as a Buckeye.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there are a couple of different things going on. So first I actually talked to my team about whether it would be possible to skip the inaugural balls so that I would be able to go to the game. And actually, you know, I guess we'd get inaugurated, we'd go to a few parties, and then I'd be able to watch the game while the president took care of the inaugural balls. The team was not a huge fan of that. Apparently it would have been unprecedent for vice president to skip the inaugural balls the night of the inauguration. What we were able to do, though, is before the first ball, I actually had all of my friends and family we got basically we turned a big hotel room into a sports bar, and so I was able to watch the first quarter before the first ball, and I think it was either right after the second or the third ball, Notre Dame started to come back a little bit, and so I sat in a room with like a nineteen inch TV and just sort of watch the Buckeyes put it away. So I got to see a little bit of it. Man. But yeah, it's it's on the one hand, like, what a cool day for an Ohio State fan to be inaugurated as the vice president have your team win a national championship. On the other hand, was sad to miss most of the game, but you know, official duties come first.
Speaker 3: Jennie.
Speaker 1: I was also happy to see Vice president of Vance, very happy to see my beloved Buckeyes do so well.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about a border if I can, and what's going on with the administration on Well, let's get into the next steps. The good news is you can sit here and tell us. But Clay and I've been telling everybody about this. So far, the border is secure ninety five percent drop. The stats speak for themselves. Biden kicked the border wide open, it was a choice. Trump has actually secured the border. Fantastic. We still have millions and millions of illegals who came in under Biden. What should we expect from the perspective of building on the border successes so far in the next six to twelve months.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, obviously we know we have to ramp up to porche deportations, and the President talks about this all the time, both in public and private. It's something that I'm very focused on. And a lot of this comes down to, I mean, it turns out we've got to do some battle with some really crazy, far left judges in order to allow the administration to do what it actually needs to do. And I will say to great credit. The President expected this when we came in. He said, you know, we're gonna start deporting people, and a lot of these far left judges are going to stop us, and there's no way out of it but through it, and we're just gonna have to battle. We're gonna have to win the court cases. We're gonna have to take some of this stuff all the way to the Supreme Court, and we're going to have to find alternative ways to deport people. When the judges say you can't do this method, we're gonna have to find another method. So we recognize that we're dealing battle here, or doing battle with basically a massive bureaucracy that has decided that it rules the country rather than the American people. And I think one of the biggest takeaways of one hundred days is, yes, we've got a lot of successes. We've also revealed old ways in which this deeply entrenched bureocracy tries to fight the will of the American people. And thank god, we've got a vice president and a president who are pushing back against him. And that's exactly what we told the American people we would do. That's exactly what we're doing. But I think that is really the biggest focal point of immigration policy over the next six to twelve months, is to empower all of the people in the administration, from Tom Homer and Christynome to the border patrol agents on the ground to do their job and to get a lot of these people out of our country. Now that said, we have had great success, but we're not resting on our laurels here. We're shutting down the border traffic coming into the country and we're dealing with what Biden left us simultaneously. That's exactly what we have to do.
Speaker 4: You're not only an Ohio State grad, you're also a Yale law grad. And you just talked about where the resistance two point zero, I would say is coming from, largely the six hundred and some odd district court judges who are regularly putting in place nationwide in junctions.
Speaker 2: What's a fix to that?
Speaker 4: And are even you surprised by how aggressive the judiciary has been to try to strip the president's executive authority?
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not surprised by it, because again, the president.
Speaker 2: Actually expected this.
Speaker 7: He told us this would happen, you know, he felt and I think he was right about this that you know, the left felt defeated in a certain way, that there were a lot of you know, grassroots activists that just weren't nearly as fired up in twenty twenty four as they were in twenty sixteen. And he's talking about people on the far left. But he said that, look, the courts are going to try to stop everything that we do. And it's actually not just immigration. I mean, the courts have tried to stop Pete Hegseth from not allowing you know, transgender military personnel to continue serving. They've done a lot I mean, which goes to the heart of military readiness, right the Secretary of Defense saying that, you know, if you're dealing with a serious mental health issue, our compassion goes with you, but you can't be deployed to the battlefield like that. That is the heart of the president and the Secretary of Defense's authorities. And so you have these district courts who really want to run the country and have decided that they are actually in charge of the United States of America. There's this very funny I think headline from the Babylon be that was, you know, something like Donald Trump considers resigning to become a very powerful district court judge. But it's one of these jokes with a kernel of truth, which is that the district courts in this country have tried to take upon themselves powers that belong to the President of the United States. And it's funny, guys, you know, you hear the media and they'll say, well, this is a constitutional crisis. And the constitutional crisis is not Donald Trump refusing to allow the district courts to govern the country. The crisis is the district courts trying to govern the country, and our approaches. We're fighting it legally, of course, we're taking some of these cases to the Supreme Court and we think we're going to get success there. We're finding alternative methods to do what we need to do in compliance with the law. And we're just going to have to keep on fighting this, you know, day by day, figuring out where the district courts. And it's to be clear, it's not all district courts, it's the far left crazies. But when these far left crazies stop and try to prevent the president from doing his job, we've got to do it through alternative means, and that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 1: We're speaking of Vice President Vance, and mister Vice President, let me ask you about how things are going at this stage with not just identifying the waste, fraud and abuse within the government, a big mission that DOGE has taken upon itself. But what we can expect now, how much of this do you think has been completed when you look at Elon and Doje's mission. Does Congress have to play a major role with recisions? Essentially, we know there's a lot of shenanigans going on, but how do we actually get the shenanigans in government spending to stop?
Speaker 2: Where are we on that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we're making a lot of progress. I wouldn't say that it's done by any means. And yes, Congress has a role because here, here's what happens. If DOGE and Elon find ten billion dollars of spending, that's just ridiculous. That's not consistent with the law or with the administration's policy priorities. That money just kind of sits there, and so it's still been taxed from the American people. And if we want to use it to pay down debt or to give it back to the American people through tax relief. Then that does require an Act of Congress, and I think Congress is very willing to do it. But I don't know if you saw. I think it was today or maybe yesterday, a report came out that Treasury actually is borrowing less money than they expected to borrow. And I think that's because of the success of DOGE. You're seeing them make meaningful cuts in some of these crazy foreign aid programs. But I also think they're finding a lot of fraud in programs that are meant for American citizens that are going either to illegal aliens or to complete fraudsters. And so I think DOGE is making a lot of progress, but it's not done, and I don't think it's ever going to be truly done right. This is one of these problems that we have to continually fight against. And the reason why it was such a shock to the systems. We had allowed the waste and the fraud to become so endemic in the way that we did government in this country, and I don't think we should ever go back. And I actually do think, and maybe this is too optimistic, that when all the political controversy is cleared, we look back on this a few years from now, we're going to realize that doges saved the American people a lot of money, that cut a lot of fraud out of our government, and that even some Democrats are going to say, well, we have to keep doing this because we can't just let hundreds of billions of dollars of fraud every single year become part of how the US government functions.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Vice President jd Vance. You guys have made tremendous strides with young men. The data continues to reflect that young men are breaking for both you and Donald Trump in big numbers. I think a big part of that is because young men are over this idea of men being able to play women's sports. I can't believe this is even a thing. Nike, you may have seen, recently paid for a study all minors to study trans drugs and how it might impact athletics. How did the world get so broken here? What are companies like Nike even trying to accomplish? And this feels like an eighty twenty ninety ten issue for Americans. Do you feel that when you're out and about I.
Speaker 7: Do feel that. I definitely think it's a winning political issue for the Republican Party, because it's just basic common sense, right. I mean, people don't want women competing against grown men and sports, especially in some of these contact sports where the women could get injured. You know, I'm the father of a three year old daughter. I'd like her to play sports. I think it teaches valuable life lessons, but I don't want her competing against grown men when she does it. This is just, again, it's basic common sense. I think it's the basic masculine instinct to protect young women. And one of the ways you do that is to not let, you know, a male boxer in the room with a female boxer. Just things like that I think have turned it into a ninety ten issue, that basic common sense. But man, I think that so many of these companies, Nike or otherwise, they got caught up in this cultural zeitgeist of twenty twenty, twenty twenty one, and it's like, I don't know, maybe they just thought the progressors were going to win, and so they decided to fund this stuff to the hilt, not realizing that the American people would have a rebellion against the craziness. I think that rebellion on the trans issue in particular, I mean, think about this, giving hormonal therapies to twelve year old kids, causing irreversible damage to their bodies, forcing young girls to compete against boys in sports, sometimes causing serious injury in the process. I think this issue is such a bad loser among the American people that even some of the true believers have dropped it as a political issue. But I think it's our job to remind the American people this is what they've tried to do, this is what they're promising to do. The trans issue hasn't gone away. You just had some Democrats who are smart enough to recognize it as a political loser. But yeah, they're going to try to force twelve year olds to take cross sex hormones, and they're going to try to force young girls to compete against young boys if we give these guys power. The craziness, in other words, hasn't gotten away. They've just gotten a little bit better at hiding it.
Speaker 1: Mister Vice President, one war for you. Appreciate you making the time for us today. The tariff's issue is something that has gotten a lot of attension on this show across the country. For obvious reasons. People are very attuned to what the Trump negotiations with these countries and his approach to China is doing to the economy, the market prices everything. Wall Street Journal being a little salty about it today on their front page. What do you say to anyone who is trying to steer Donald Trump away from this course because they're a little nervous about the tariff situation.
Speaker 7: So I've had so many conversations guys in private with the President about this, and I think his public statements, I mean, going back to the nineteen eighties, this is an issue that he feels very deeply about. I happen to think that he's right. He can'paiged on it. The American people elected him on it. And there's a lot of misinformation out there. There's a lot of people saying, well, Donald Trump doesn't know what he's actually doing. Look, I promise you I've spent many hours discussing these issues with Donald Trump. You can disagree with him, but he knows exactly what he's doing. And here's the fundamental problem. America doesn't produce enough of its own stuff. That is the issue. We don't have enough manufacturing in our own country. We're too reliant on sometimes hostile foreign powers to make the things that we need. And that's true in electronics, it's true in technology, it's true in God forbid. You know, we've had shortages of critical pharmaceuticals in this country over the last few years. We cannot have a real successful, prosperous country if we're dependent on the communist Chinese for the drugs that we put into the bodies of our children. And so what the President has said here is, yes, this is going to be disruptive, Yes this is going to require some transition, but he's fundamentally to the basic process of manufacturing more in the United States, creating good paying jobs in the process, but more fundamentally making America more self reliant. And I think the problem is that we had a bipartisan consensus in this country for forty years that we could just ship all of our heavy industry overseas, that we could ship a lot of our good jobs overseas, a lot of our factories, and that somehow that would make the United States more prosperous. I think the reality is that it's made us weaker. It's made us more dependent on the communists Chinese. And when you see, for example, the Chinese respond to the President's trade policy by saying, well, we're going to cut off the United States from critical supplies that are necessary for the American people. Doesn't that just prove that Donald Trump was right? How did we ever get into the position where the People's Republic of China could threaten the American people with the loss of critical supplies? And given that we are in that position, Donald Trump is exactly right that we have to get out of it. I'm not going to tell you it's going to be easy, because it's not, but it's necessary, and I think the President recognizes he is a once in a generation opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 4: Van's, Vice President of the United States. Congratulations on the first hundred days and your Ohio State Buckeyes being the national champs.
Speaker 2: We hope to talk to you again soon. Keep up the good work.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys. Stick here.
Speaker 2: That's Vice President JD.
Speaker 4: Vance talking about so many different issues associated with the economy, and one thing out there that many of you are focused on is President Trump was right when he said Obamacare sucks. Their better healthcare plan choices than the so called Affordable Care Act, which is anything but affordable. You can replace your overpriced plan with Ease for Everyone, the only group plan that any adult in the US is now eligible to join. Compare Ease for Everyone to Obamacare with the cost as low as two hundred and sixty two bucks per month. You get free unlimited prescriptions, ninety three percent of all drugs covered available at no extra cost, including insulin, huge savings on brand names, as well free unlimited virtual primary care urgent care. With just a thirty dollars copay, you get generous cash back reimbursements for doctor office visits, emergency room visits, and ambulance transportation. You can have affordable healthcare for as low as two hundred and sixty two dollars a month. Today visit easefor Everyone dot com slash clay. That's ease E A S four f O R everyone dot com slash clay. You can find the info at clayanbuck dot com on the sponsors page two easefo Everyone dot com slash clay paid for by Affordable Benefit Choices.
Speaker 2: Want to be in the know when you're on the go.
Speaker 6: The Team forty seven podcasts trump highlights from the week Somedays at noon Eastern in the Clayan Buck Podcast feed, find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 8: He is the most consequential American leader of the twenty first century. And that's an understatement.
Speaker 2: A President Trump has. Here's a list.
Speaker 8: Removement from women's sports into dei in the federal government, in the US military, expanded oil and gas extraction to lower prices, taking steps to end unfair trade practices, secure trillions of dollars in new investments in American manufacturing. Deported criminal illegal aliens, stood up religious liberty and rooted out anti Christian bias, Combated virulent anti semitism on college campuses.
Speaker 2: The list goes on and on and on.
Speaker 8: That's just barely scratching the service.
Speaker 2: That's in one hundred days. We're just getting started, just getting started.
Speaker 1: That was Speaker Mike Johnson talking about Trump's first hundred days. We are at that mark right now. The time is flying by, but certainly a lot already for the Trump administration to tout in terms of accomplishments, and.
Speaker 2: A lot more on the way.
Speaker 1: And Clay, I don't know if you saw this, but our friend Senator Tommy Tubberville, he went full A plus in his grading here so I scaled mine down to an A because I think you can't really give an A plus. But Senator Tubberville he thinks you can play six.
Speaker 2: One hundred days.
Speaker 9: What do you think a plus?
Speaker 2: What else can he do? Larry?
Speaker 9: They left it in a total mess. I was up here for four years of Joe Biden. They did not do one thing for the American people or for this country. They actually try to destroy it and everything went down. Now President Trump has got foreign wars, he's got deportations, you know, the border, the tax cuts, he's trying to save the economy. What a total disaster the Democrats created. And they're on the steps of the of the capital, you know, Kumbai Yah and all this kind of stuff going on, and they make absolutely no sense of what's happened, and they don't know how to They don't have a clue how to fix anything, So they're just trying to create problems.
Speaker 1: I think that's certainly the case. Democrats are just an opposition party or a party of no. Now that when you're out of power is always somewhat true. But you can also say I don't like what he's doing, here's what should be done. Democrats just still chant about Hitler and all kinds of exaggerated, crazy nonsense to oppose Trump. But Clay, here's one area where they're going after him using numbers. This has cut sixteen. CNN's Harry Engine yesterday on the one hundred day mark saying, or just before the hundred day mark, saying that the poll numbers aren't in his favor.
Speaker 2: Play that one. These numbers are just horrible.
Speaker 5: There's no way to sugarcoat it. And the first way we'll sort of point that out is we'll look at where Donald Trump is now versus where he was one hundred days into his first presidency. And you see it here. You don't have to be a mathematical genius. Forty one percent approve of him now. It was forty four percent back in twenty seventeen around.
Speaker 7: The one hundred day mark.
Speaker 5: And what's so notable here is that throughout his second term as president, he tended to be running ahead of where he was in his first term. No longer is that the case. He has fallen below where he was at this point in his first term. Of course, this is just Trump. Let's compare him to other presidents. And I really think this kind of puts a bow on it, and you can see it here. You see the forty one percent. That is twelve points below Joe Biden. That's three points below where he was in his first term.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't that tell us Clay that it doesn't matter If Biden was to twelve points ahead of where Trump is now, he had a failed presidency, he was a disaster, and he was hiding dementia from the American people. That's just one example of or one data point toward. I don't care what Trump's pull numbers are right now. I care that Trump is pursuing the agenda. That's what he's supposed to do, and people who are getting weak knees over tariffs need to stiffen their spines a little bit.
Speaker 4: I also think that poll numbers for presidents only matter if they can run for reelection. We talked to jd. Vance at the top of the last hour. Jd Vance, I imagine would like to be the successor of Trump. He is the person who would be running in some way more than anyone on what the legacy of Trump is. If Trump has, as I think he will, a very popular legacy in twenty twenty eight, then I think JD. Vance will win the presidency because I would expect that JD will be the favorite in twenty twenty eight, and as the vice president, he will be running on the legacy of the president to some extent. Obviously, you try to also put your own spin forward on things. But look, I mean, this is the challenge that Kamala Harris had. And whatever you think of Kamala Harris, and I think she was a very weak candidate. The reason she lost, in addition to being a weak candidate herself, was because she said there wasn't anything that she would do that was different than what Joe Biden had done. And when you have a profoundly unpopular sitting president and your answer is hey, more of the same, it's unlikely that the American public is going to respond favorably to you. But Buck, here's what I think from the pole perspective, to the point you said weak need, I think that Trump came in and said, we have major, huge, systemic issues that need to be solved. The border, I would argue, Buck, is pretty much solved now. Deportation is a challenge, but in terms of allowing things to get worse, he solved it in the first hundred days the global trade imbalance and says this is a major battle that's going to continue for a long time.
Speaker 2: But he took it on.
Speaker 4: And then the other one is the fact that we have a thirty six trillion dollar national debt. He tried to take that on. Where do you think the negativity is coming from. Not the border where overwhelmingly people agree with him. It's taking big swings and big cuts at global trade and at the overall economic basis of our budget. He's taken some lumps there because he's trying to fix two really substantial issues.
Speaker 1: Well, this is where the psychology of propaganda also is so important, because they were talking about a Trump recession or even a Trump depression just a couple of weeks ago when there was a choppy week in the markets, up down, up down, and you could say, well, Buck, clearly we're not in market's up today. We're doing backflips over it. But the point is they can make people feel negatively about things, even when they're hoarding is premature or just flatly untrue. Right, So if you tell people enough things are about you know, they've done interesting, interesting studies about this. If you're a person who is just positive about other people in general, people view you more positively, which makes sense, right. And if you're somebody who's always talking smack, who's always saying that, you know, Sally from Accounting needs to, you know, work harder, or you know, Joe from Accounts Receivable needs to put in more time, whatever, if you're always the negative person, people tend to view you more negatively.
Speaker 2: Well. This is true of news reporting as well.
Speaker 1: If you're just talking negative stories endlessly, even if those stories are exaggerated or turn out not to be what you initially reported, you can make people think things are worse than they are. And this is why Democrats also rush with the and the Democrat aligned media rushes with the negative narrative as fast as they can. They don't want to wait for things to play out because they want to turn the per against the administration because this is politics, right, That's how they view it. They just want people to think things are bad. Remember when to Biden they had this in the opposite direction when for a while Biden's strategy, i think going into the midterms and then afterwards for a while Clay was the economy's great. People just don't know how great it is right.
Speaker 2: That was the Yeah, that was their argument. That was their argument.
Speaker 1: You don't even know how great things are for you right now, you just need to pay attention to how great they are. It's like, well, that did not exactly resonate. They're trying a different version of sure, you think things are pretty much okay and actually going pretty well. They're actually terrible though, and that's what they've been doing, certainly for the last month in the economy. So the long story short, I think the poll numbers don't matter. Why would they matter right now? No one's going to care what the polls were now, in six months or even in six weeks, So it's just an effort to try to create negative perception.
Speaker 4: I think they would matter maybe if there were a more popular politician in a Marria, and there isn't one, right, so, I mean if Democrats the Biden poll numbers always occurred with the shadow of a Trump presidency and a Trump reelection bid hanging out there. I know we talked about Wes Moore in the last hour and who the Democrat JB. Pritzker, Peter may or Pete that are trying to kind of set the agenda to try to be the nominee in twenty twenty eight. Who's a more popular politician right now than Trump? Is there any Democrat? I mean, the Democrat approval ratings in Congress make the Trump approval ratings look phenomenal. So I think you have to look at it in the context of is anyone else doing better? You also hit on something that I always thought was super fascinating. Do you know what the number one likelihood of who was going to get sued as a doctor was? You talked about how people are seen. Do you know what they've studied from.
Speaker 1: A if you don't like If you don't like the doctor, the chance of the doctor of you suing the doctor goes up like tens or.
Speaker 2: Something bedside manner.
Speaker 4: It's not does the doctor screw up a lot the If the doctor has a likable comportment, the odds of him being sued or her being sued much lower the bedside manor aspect there, And so I think that factors in on some level.
Speaker 2: Trump is now a known quantity.
Speaker 4: And the thing that Trump got right back in twenty sixteen when he said it is, Hey, I could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue, and my base is not leaving me. And I'm paraphrasing him on that quote, but that was basically the quote. The Trump base is not leaving. Now, we've all we've talked about.
Speaker 2: This for some time. What is the Trump base?
Speaker 4: I think forty percent of America is died in the wall Trump team, and so he's gonna have that forty percent no matter what. He got a big percentage growth I think in the twenty twenty four election. And now the question is I think this is going to ultimately determine everything. What's the economy?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: This is what I told you, Buck. I think I said that I was going to tease this, and I'll I told you inflation was number one. I'll hit you with the other things, but it's inflation overwhelmingly. If the price of gas keeps coming down and if the price of groceries does not go up, the average American is going to consider Trump to have done a decent job.
Speaker 2: I'll also later.
Speaker 4: On foreign affairs, doesn't feel like we're very close to a war now. I hope I'm not jinxing it, but it feels like for Americans in terms of our stability and safety around the world, I feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 1: As we If Canada decides to just get it together and invade us, I am going to blame you for this now.
Speaker 2: And this will be on me.
Speaker 4: If Canada or Mexico, Canada or Mexico Costa Rica decides to finally get an army and decides to try to invade, this will be on me.
Speaker 1: Because I just said I feel very safe, but in general, I feel like we're a long way from any wars. Also, I would just say, what would people want Trump to be working on right now? Who voted for him? Yeah, that he's not doing. I think that's an import question to ask if this is what is the thing that Trump said I will in the first hundred days do the following, start to do the following.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying the results are all in or that everything has been accomplished, far from it. But what is the area of focus where Trump has not focused and we were told he would. I cannot think of it because I don't think it exists. I think he has come out and started going after everything he said he would go after. Deportations are in the early phase, but it is happening. The border is secure. It happened even faster than I anticipated that it would. He's getting the negotiations going on tariffs, he has the negotiations going on Russia Ukraine, he is looking at Iran and Israel, and you know mid EA's peace, et cetera.
Speaker 2: What is he not doing that he said he would do.
Speaker 1: That's I think in a lot of ways, the real test of the first hundred days is that, you know, promises made, promises kept goes a little bit too far because well, have we gotten the results yet that we need know? But what focus is important? And the focus has been on what he said it would be, And I think in the first hundred days of an administration, that's about the best you can ask for. Is you're actually doing this stuff right. You're trying to do this stuff actively. You're not delaying, you're not prevaricating, You're not saying, oh, I don't want to go as hard in this direction as I said, I wull that was just a fool you idiots to vote for me.
Speaker 2: He said, no, Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: And so I think that there's a lot of credit that should be given to him on that and the other stuff Clay that we're talking about. With the loss of some support in the polls. A lot of that's media perception. A lot of that is people freak out quickly. Okay, you know, they hear that there's a recession coming.
Speaker 2: They go, oh, my gosh, the recession.
Speaker 1: It's going to be fine. All right, Let's talk about Preborn for a second here. The Preborn Network of clinics has a team of people who have a critical mission saving the lives of unborn babies. They see the access and widespread availability of abortions for pregnant women who are debating such a decision, and Preborn steps in and does all they can to help convinced that pregnant mom that there's a better option for her than abortion, life for her baby. And one way that Preborn achieves this is by giving the gift of an ultrasound, because that ultrasound allows that mom to meet her unborn child, to hear the heartbeat, and see the movements of the child within her. They accomplish this goal with just twenty eight dollars in expense. Okay, that is fantastic because it allows them to put so much time and effort toward actually the mission helping moms in this process. Preborn operate its clinics in communities across the country where abortion rates are tragically high. They do this on purpose because Preborn gives resources and services to women, including that ultrasound to help save lives every day. In twenty years, the Preborn clinics have saved three hundred thousand plus babies to donate securely to preborn. They need your help, the pro life community. They don't get a dollar from the government. Dial pound two five zero and say the keyword baby. That's pound two five zero, say baby, or go to preborn dot com slash buck preborn dot com slash buc k sponsored by Preborn.
Speaker 6: Clay Travison buck Sexton Mic drops that never sounded so good. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in Clay Travis buck Sexton Show. I mentioned this poll earlier, and I do think it's interesting. This is from NBC News. They say they surveyed nearly twenty thousand adults and asked top economic issue for you and your family. Forty four percent, Buck said inflation. So if I were giving advice to anyone in the Trump team over the next one hundred days, I would say manighacally focus on bringing the cost of goods down, because I think that's the number one way that people tend to react right now to the economy. Second is taxes. We know, Buck that the bill is rolling through, the big beautiful bill that will enshrine the tax cuts. We'll take some of your calls on that. Third is the national debt. Again, these are big, major systemic issues, and then you get into housing, the stock market, which is in many ways a snapshot of whatever the economy is at any given time. Those are things that I think Trump gets. But if I were saying, if you could focus on one thing and solve one thing, inflation is down. But I think if you could change the idea that Biden built in that things are going to cost far too much, that would be the most helpful in the next one hundred days. It's what I would say to Trump, Hey, if you were going to be judged on something, what would you want to be judged on? Bringing inflation down and cost of goods being not a massive thing that everybody's obsessed with.
Speaker 1: It would be nice, though, at some point to get a reduction in rates here. That could be You know, Trump has been very vocal about that. I think he's right about that too. Free up a little bit of liquidity in our economy would be a good thing. I think people are waiting to make moves based upon this that could be very helpful overall.
Speaker 2: So we shall see.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the main thing is you don't want overspending like we saw under Biden, because that is what creates inflation, and it really is a tax on the working class and those who are trying to pay bills and maybe even get ahead of bills. That is what ends up happening. This is your dollars are worthless. You have to pay more for the things that you need. Asset holders do fine. People that have big stock accounts, you know, multiple homes, own businesses.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: They generally do much better when inflation is high, or rather they can weather the inflation much better. But you know, the Treasury Department is going to borrow five hundred and fourteen billion dollars this quarter. According to Bloomberg Clay. This is a three hundred and twenty percent increase from its previous estimate. We're still spending too much money, everybody. But I guess this is the problem, is that the biggest challenge I think for Doje all long has been so we can't touch seventy percent of spending, Let's see we can do to make the other thirty percent of spending not so crazy.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: Enough, but nobody wants to hear it.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hear it all.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the thing that we're speeding at rapidly is frankly, if you don't address the thirty six trillion dollars in debt sooner or later, the bill is going to get paid, maybe by your grandkids, but economic reality doesn't disappear. We can't continue to live on borrowed money.
Speaker 1: And yet we're going to try. Yes, this is unfortunately, this is what we're doing. So yeah, great, no doubt. Yes indeed, so, my friends, we have so much to discuss here. Like Gold Group, we're just talking about inflation, just talking about the deck Birch Gold. Get some gold, look at the price of gold, Look at who's moving into gold these days. You can get gold to hold in your hands like I have from Birch Gold Group, or you can get a gold ira or four oh one k going. It is so easy to do when you have Birch Gold Group advising you on it. Consider using a portion of your savings for gold or putting your A four oh one k or ira into a tax shelter gold Ira for no money out of pocket.
Speaker 2: Birch Gold is who I work with.
Speaker 1: They're good people and this is who you should check out how to get gold going for yourself. This is the absolute best way to do a Text man my name Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight receive your free no obligation info kit on gold again. Text buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight today