Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of non Human trend Zootologic say non human biologic is logic. It is from Paul Garaventa on the Discord in all Long Time, No Seek, tell you how you doing there, buddy? All right? I'm Jack. That's Miles. Thank you. How are you doing? Mile? I'm thank you and thank you very good. I was wondering if if I was I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm saying this, but I was talking to people about Barbie, and I just would say that if I was Can, my job would be weed.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: My job is weed, and he's great at it. And he's great at it. You know it really is, he really is.
Speaker 1: Last night, how was it? It's good? God? How was it for you?
Speaker 2: I mean you take out all the ship we talked about. That's like actually pretty significant to the development of the atom bomb.
Speaker 1: You have a pretty good movie.
Speaker 2: That for Chris Nolan, who's usually, like you know, a lot of his films have some kind of very interesting premise that isn't normally just like reality based.
Speaker 1: To be able to pull that off, not too bad, not too bad. But that's that's for another time, for another time. Hey, Nolan. I am become fan enjoyer of you, of movie. Oh.
Speaker 2: I had the most fucking two thousand and four college guy moment with her Majesty. We were I just randomly, Oh. I was with the geist child and you know babies are like wild with their hands, like I was was on the bed. I was like next to him and he like whipped his hand around almost snatched my eyeball out.
Speaker 1: And did you over react like I do every time? I? Yeah, exactly. I was like I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I was like, I'm like Daryl Hannah and Kill Bill. And she's like what I remember when she gets her eyeball snatched out and she's like, I'm like that's volume two. She's like I haven't seen Kill give you Kill Bill God? And then I was like, have you seen City of God?
Speaker 1: And she's like no. And City of God was like the movie that I would make everybody watch.
Speaker 2: So good those kids they're not even actors, dude, those are actual kids in the favelas that they just found.
Speaker 1: Like that's how good they are.
Speaker 2: Ye And I just remember like I stopped myself and I was like, I am time traveling to an age where I choose.
Speaker 1: Not to be anymore. Yeah, but there will be a there will be a very enthusiastic showing up for those films this week for sure, with pausing and moments to explain what this happened.
Speaker 2: Sue George. He's actually a musician who is actually in life a quatting. He's doing all the David Boy covers. He actually he's he's like this handsome whatever.
Speaker 1: Actually, let's watch that real quick and then we'll come back. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. Well last night, well you were enjoying Oppenheimer. Man, I got a last second invite with my wife to the Era's tour to see by the name of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: First of all, said this before we went on, and I said, we got to talk about this on trends.
Speaker 1: How who how?
Speaker 2: Where there were the people that invited you?
Speaker 1: They were fans. Yeah, they're fans more than me. I get. I couldn't yeah that I was getting some like, okay, so this is August. It's actually from folklore, and this is you know, like giving you a little bit yeah explanations. But we just like hadn't hung out in a while. They live on the West Side, so we we were looking for an excuse and then uh, their dates backed out last second. So yeah, it was. It was a great deal. We had just been talking to super producer Daniel about He got me hyped for this because he and his significant other are headed to the Aris tour and so yeah, I were on Baker, so I knew about three and there are I'd say I knew that they were like moments where like she wears short skirts, I wear T shirts. I recognize that from that very old song. Not much of the rest, but when the hits came on, boy was I dancing, folks. It is it is definitely she is. She's like reverse Uncanny Valley in that she is like the opposite of unnerving. Everything is just like so perfect. Every every gesture and micro gesture is completely smoothed out and perfect and like perfected and like you feel like studied and just everything. But but it's the opposite. It doesn't make you feel unnerved. It makes you feel like reassured, like everything is just like perfectly smooth and pretty. And there's so there's this moment and I want to hear any any that gang who went to one of the Era's tours. I'm curious, did she early on have a moment with her in ear monitor where she just like stopped for a second and said, sorry, I'm having a moment with my in ear monitor. Okay, it's fixed because that happened, and it was the only thing that wasn't like perfect like that, like, and I was like wondering, did they put that in there kind of sh yeah, exactly, like to add a little dash of Wabbi Sabbi, Yeah, little bit of the humanity of it that keep sit ground. I came away from it. I'm like, I get it. The there's an album Folklore because she does it in like little chunks and like Folklore she made with yeah eras if you will and I will. Folklore is pretty good. It's I like the National. She made it with one of the people from the National, and it's it's great. So I was listening to that a little bit and tumping. It's been in tough and there was a moment where I was in the restroom and felt the earth move.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what's wild is one of my friends lives in Baldwin Hills, which is in the Vicinity not White up in Inglewood, and he was saying every night the show has been going on. It's been booming, right, It's like I've been here for years. I know when like when it's fourth of July whenever, blah blah blah. It's like this shit was it was moving.
Speaker 1: So okay, it's wild. Yeah, I mean they they said that the Seattle show created a two point eight on the Richter scale. That does not surprise me. SOFI is like, weirdly one of the pieces of lore about SOFI. The stadium where it was happening, that's in Inglewood. It was like they had the Super Bowl there with the Kendrick Dray halftime show. Yea, And people are like, actually, it's built to be impervious to earthquakes, and so I was wondering if like, because it's impervious earthquake, it was like moving a little bit with it because I like, I had no visual what the second I was in a bathroom and had no visual cue of like what was happening on the show. I was like, wait, why is the ground It fell very similar to like what one of the first times I was in Los Angeles out in Santa Monica and like an earthquake happened, but it was so kind of smooth that I was just like, that's not what an earthquake is supposed to feel like. It was like it was like a wave. It was like a wobble. Yeah, But anyways, she I get it. There's definitely like it contributed to some of the ideas we've talked about that stand culture is kind of a new religion, that like there's something very otherworldly about the show about her. There's it's interesting, like for some reason, the thing that I kept thinking about is like all the historical depictions of Queen Elizabeth the first second, like this sort of larger than life. Just everybody immediately inherently is like, well, I devote my life to this, to this person. Yeah, and yeah, I don't know, there's something like cut off from humanity, but in a way that is somewhat. I found it, like, I didn't find it obtrusive or like harsh. I found it like, I get it. I see what everybody's And then the show itself they did this one thing with they give you bracelets when you walk in, and they light up throughout the show and in sync with the show, right in sync with the show and across from us, like they were making like the people's brain like you become a single pixel on an LED screen. So like they were, it has nothing to do with like which bracelet they gave you. It's just like where you are in the stadium, and like so they were like, you know, hearts were lighting up across us from us, just like based on people's bracelets or whatever it was. It was kind of what.
Speaker 2: About you see the people switching them from the exchanging friendship bracelets too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of that. There's a lot of like parents with you know, young daughters that we.
Speaker 2: Feel the most charming to, like, hey, and the Lord be with you and your spirit.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But it was overall, like pretty pretty heartwarming. It was the religious thing without without anybody like trying to kill each other and yeah, like you're like a demon for not being a cis head person, right, yeah, yeah, so overall yeah, five stars. Yeah, all right, I did. I did come away with a couple of new tats. I don't hear much of where they came from. I did experience the aristour amnesia came out with this. You only remember because what did you do last night? And you're like, I had didn't. Wait wait a second.
Speaker 2: He wears long shirts I've got sports works.
Speaker 1: I don't know, my friend, is that something?
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and let's try and move on to some non Taylor Swift related news. So Southwest is trending.
Speaker 2: Yo, you can relate to this as a as a father of biracial children. For me, a father of tri racial child also been a biracial child to just one race parent before.
Speaker 1: A woman is suing the airline.
Speaker 2: Okay, after a trip in twenty twenty one which you went from California to Denver, or an employee alerted police that they thought she was trafficking her fucking biracial daughter. Yeah, the mother is white, the daughter's like from what it appears to be like black biracial, and there were going to this woman's brother's funeral. So as like this report says. She says in a letter to Southwest at the time that she and her daughter had to catch connecting flight in San Jose. By the time they boarded their flight to Denver, it was so full they could not sit together. So they asked other passengers whether any would be willing to trade seats, and they were eventually able to sit next to each other. According to a police report a filed at the time, an unnamed flight attendant began to suspect possible human trafficking for several reasons.
Speaker 1: She told police that McCarthy.
Speaker 2: And her daughter were the last passengers to board the plane and that McCarthy was demanding she sit next to her not The flight attendant also alleged that McCarthy did not speak to her daughter during the flight and found it quote odd that she did not allow the girl to speak to the flight crew, the report stated, so she flagged it to her higher ups.
Speaker 1: She didn't speak to her daughter and then didn't let her daughter. That's weird. What does that mean? Also, I don't even know. Yeah, it seems very easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I a close family member just died.
Speaker 1: Unexpecting that.
Speaker 2: To be on a fight, I will probably be in some sort of shock.
Speaker 1: Stage, a weird like constellation of like red flags that they're picking up. That is basically basically comes down to, like you don't look like the same race, and it is like doing something weird to my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's racism plus fucked up confirmation biased because everything's traffic whatever without actually understanding what it is half the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, And it's like really frustrating because I remember growing up, let me tell you, in the time where there was no fucking political correctness around this shit.
Speaker 1: The amount of times people thought I was like some my mother's.
Speaker 2: Like teen lover and shite was like off the charts, like to the point where I was ready for it all the time, like here we go because my mom is this little Japanese lady and I'm like kind of like a.
Speaker 1: Pubscent like teenage boy, Like what the fuck they're gonna say? Now?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: But yeah, just fucking how long is this thang been going on?
Speaker 3: Yes? It so?
Speaker 1: Where are you and your friend going on your trip? Oh?
Speaker 2: My, Like we're going to Japan to see our family. This is my son, And they're like, oh okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have a lot of older people who feel comfortable coming up to me and asking me what the racial makeup of my children? Yeah, what's the deal here going on? Yeah? At an older like German woman come up and I forget how she said it, but it was she was like, do they have Asian blood? I think, is how she put it. And then and then but then she like made me look at a picture of how like one of her grandchildren is like a half Korean. But it came off real weird. And then she started like nagging my kids. Yeah, she was like, you're going to eat all of that ice cream, right, or your or your brother will. Then she like winked at me or something.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, we're not doing the same ship y'all do in Germany all the time with our child, but thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I would like to measure his head. Oh no, no, no, no, no no no. We're just trying to ride the trolley at the grove. Please yeah, please. Oh. I had a moment like that on the trolley at the Grin. I remember talking about this. Yeah, that's why I think it might find kind of Yeah. Our guest was with me at the time. We had just run into each other at the grove and we were riding the trolley and then this older racist woman started asking us questions, Oh, that's a different time. That was no, no, no, this was the time on the that was a different time when we were on the trolley. Got you, got you? Yeah.
Speaker 2: See anyway, and I'm sure anyone who's you know, biracial comes from a blended family whatever.
Speaker 1: I know, you know this fucking nonsense.
Speaker 2: It's just fucking wild that like some flight attendant is going to go full fucking yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: What's that movie? To get the car had to go Sound of Freedom on y'all? Sorry? Sorry? Have you seen Sound of Freedom? All right? Uh? Taco Bell is celebrating Taco Tuesday with free tacos. Just a brief reminder, go go now, go hurry. Also curious, what what are your thoughts Miles on the classic Taco Bell taco hard shelter dish. Yeah, I like them.
Speaker 2: My earliest memory of Taco Bell is going to the one by the Warner Brothers studio back when y'all it ain't there anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it's not there, but.
Speaker 2: Anyway, uh, and having like cinnamon twists and like one taco, and I remember being so like wowed by the like the shards of shaved cheese, like the like just like the little ground up cheddar on them, like wow. And then the thing I hate, though, is when you bite it, the structural integrity of the shell goes to.
Speaker 1: Ship yeah, fall, and then you on an angle yeah yeah, because.
Speaker 2: Then because then you get the thing where the two sides stay there and then the bottom just like botoms out and shit, yeah, and then you kind of left with something messy. So because I was a little bit of like a neurotic kid and didn't like shit like that, I very quickly went to soft Taco Supreme Are we Miami?
Speaker 1: Because we just got messy like a cliche, but I know I'm not. Yeah, I feel like they should lead less with the tacos because it was the first thing I had, and it probably disguised how much I loved Taco Bell to me, like, it just doesn't have any of like my favorite ingredients, which is like melted cheese and like the beans you mix some beans in there, like all the goo, you know, doesn't have the goo that I'm after, And the shaved lettuce is not my favorite, But I like that was all I ate for a couple of years. When I first had the world of Taco Bell revealed all I ate.
Speaker 2: For the longest time were Mexi Melts because they were basically soft tacos with melted cheese and the beefles rolled up and it wasn't messy. I could just squirt full packets of sauce on every bite. Yes, I'm fucking gone, y'all, you cannot find me anymore. I will do whenever they because I forget the names now and they're like, well hot, I'm like the hottest one.
Speaker 1: And then each bite I still kind of do that. I'm not gonna lie. You do a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I do a bite a packet sometimes if I'm oh, yes, call me justin Timberlake, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Go, I do. It is also the item menu that for me is most dependent on getting a good sauce balance in there, just dowsing that I want. I want the shredded let us to be like a toss salad exactly when I get in there, scrambled it all right. You line is trending. Yeah, so the company.
Speaker 2: You've probably seen this, if you work at any kind of business, you probably see the U line catalog uh name after a very very wealthy family in Ohio by the same name, except it's spelled in a way that I'm pretty sure is just pronounced you line when I look at it, because it's like uih something blah blah blah. But yeah, they are basically in the news because right now in Ohio there is a special election, basically that they're putting up something on the ballot that would limit the ability of like voter initiated ballot measures to take effect on the state constitution. So right now, like there are ballot measures that voters can present that amend their own state constitution, and they will amend the state constitution with a simple majority fifty percent plus one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: What this bill is trying to do that is being voted on today in a special election.
Speaker 1: Is raised that threshold to sixty percent.
Speaker 2: And what this is ultimately is a setup move for something that is going to be on the ballot in November, which all centers around reproductive rights. And they know, like the whole thing is they want to get in the way to prevent Ohioans from voting on their own behalf for this thing called the Ohio Right to make reproductive decisions, including abortion initiative as part of their state constitution. So what they're doing right now is they're trying to fuck it up by changing the rules of these kinds of ballot initiatives ahead of time as a way to completely derail reproductive rights and you know, punish people with uteruses for ever having sex or wanting to do or when just doing.
Speaker 1: Whatever the fuck they want to with their own body.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, a new name has come out because like a lot of people said, like you know, they're like them, They're like the more maga version.
Speaker 1: Of the Koch brothers. Like they've got their they have deep pockets.
Speaker 2: Too, and they like someone in analysis, like like ninety percent of their donations after January sixth went to election to nying Republicans, so like that's where their money goes, and that's them trying to fuck around with people's ability to advocate for themselves in the way is today Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, it seems like turnount is good because I think a lot of people have been communicating to each other like this is what the fuck they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: So we shall see. The results will be in soon and we can figure it out. Then when they put reproductive rights on a special election ballot, it doesn't go well for them, So they're putting like they're putting a voting conditions for a vote on reproductive rights on the ballot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and anything else really because if anyone wants to change, like on either side, it'll cut both ways.
Speaker 1: But like this is this is whatever.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of fuckery that we are going to see just being increasing numbers as it's like wealthy donor class realizes that the fucking headwinds are very strong against them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about what supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow, especially if you see it on a dock. Yes, h
Speaker 2: M hmm.