Speaker 1: Ay, you found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's pretty easy actually, thanks for being here, Hose.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, And hey, just a reminder, if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full.
Speaker 1: Show, whole hour along. I dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey Feed.
Speaker 3: But for now we'll get into some questionable relationship advice.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update Date. Most women have their own unwritten rules they set down for a first date. Now, Alexis might not agree because these rules I found online were written by men, but they still be good that you think that number one always be willing to pay for half? Should I stop there? Or do you want me to? I can get to don't drink too much? The best dates of sober Date.
Speaker 1: Why find this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would it look? Want to remember?
Speaker 4: Anyway? We have a woman on the phone named Katrina who has her own unwritten rule for dates that she brings someone along on her first one every time. Wow, Katrina, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think I'm more amazed that you can find someone to come with you.
Speaker 1: Every time, you know, like once or twice as a friend.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, girl, I am not going on your eighth first date if you don't even want to go.
Speaker 1: On their own dates.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, if you would pay for half of the meal, that people would be more than excited to hang out with you.
Speaker 6: And if you have a third you can triple it.
Speaker 4: You split. There you go. But we want to learn about you and your dating life, Katrina, So tell us who do you like to bring along on your dates with you? Like a friend?
Speaker 7: Honestly, I like to ask my mom to come.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, jeez, why psycho?
Speaker 6: Okay, no, hold on before you say anything. I love moms. If a girls shout up with her mom on a date, I'd be so happy.
Speaker 1: No, you would not, That is not true.
Speaker 6: Would give me a hug, I'll get your for.
Speaker 1: A first date? Why would you do that?
Speaker 7: Well, I have my mom kind of creep in the background. It's not like she's sitting with us or anything like, just to make sure that, like the vibes are right and that I'm safe. And you know, you never know.
Speaker 4: Who I'm that you need someone to make sure your form is right on the kiss too? So in you mean she's just like.
Speaker 6: A random person at the bar. Do you introduce her to your dates?
Speaker 7: No, spot on, She's just a random person at the bar.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's better.
Speaker 1: It's better, it's better that is I mean, it's okay. I'm sorry, girl, I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you listen.
Speaker 3: That feels unhealthy to me.
Speaker 4: Really, Brooke doesn't want to let her children leave the house until they're thirty years old.
Speaker 3: I mean, I say that, but I don't really want that to happen.
Speaker 4: Just like you know, Brook is definitely going to be on the first dates with But hold on, let.
Speaker 6: Me just cut all your steak really quickly, and then you guys continue.
Speaker 3: So I'm guessing the mom went on this one.
Speaker 4: We're being so judging here. We haven't even heard the date yet. Tell us about what what you guys did. And this guy that you went out with, Well.
Speaker 7: To start at the beginning, this guy Jeremy, I met him on I know you're gonna roll your eyes. I met him on gender.
Speaker 6: But that's way better than.
Speaker 8: The first thing you started this.
Speaker 4: We're gonna try not to judge.
Speaker 5: Keep going.
Speaker 4: You met him online, all right, Well we got.
Speaker 7: On gender, and honestly, we hit it off pretty quick, but like it kind of seems stagnant, like it wasn't going anywhere. Like we talked for a few weeks, but we most talked about food, like we're both just big duties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, nice, Okay, so yeah, yeah, but it felt like it was kind of stalling.
Speaker 7: You say, yeah, like I sort of just had to be like, hey, are we going on a date or are we just going to sit here and like talk about food that we're not ever going to keep together.
Speaker 4: Well, some guys do need that, They need that extra push to be like, hey, ask me out already, right and after.
Speaker 7: A matter of week, I'm gonna say something like I am.
Speaker 9: That girl.
Speaker 3: So assertive and then bring your mom.
Speaker 1: I love it. The first part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. We do this segment to find out what things you love and what things you don't. We got to figure out what Katrina did for her date.
Speaker 1: I agree, I want to hear.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Katrina, where did you and your mom go?
Speaker 7: Okay? Well he suggested sushi?
Speaker 4: Love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I chose the restaurant because I knew where it was my mom and I've been there before, so that was also helpful.
Speaker 1: And so you're excited about this date.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm all in, I'm ready to go. And so I end up carpooling there with my mom and we get there like a little early, obviously because I don't want to get busted, But I have mom posts up at the bar and he and I meet up and everything's pretty normal at this point.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, like, when you're separated from your mother, are you guys like secretly meeting in the bathroom at any point? Are you giving each other signals.
Speaker 5: On the date?
Speaker 7: Not necessarily? I mean there was one point when like I got up to go to the bathroom and like, I definitely did just one quick check.
Speaker 9: In with her.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guy's risky.
Speaker 1: I look so much like my mom. If someone saw me talking, you know, a million percent to.
Speaker 4: Rob leave you for your mom, because it sounds like if you only checked in with your mom once, the date must have been going pretty well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean we were making quick work at the sushi menu. We did it all, from sushi to sashimi to seaweed salad. We had a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, section you're leaning in on the foody connection you guys have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, So like it was pretty chill.
Speaker 6: How does a mom date end? Like, does she watch you? Guys? I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: It's like because he can't walk her to the car because it's her mom's car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like my mom.
Speaker 1: Has the keys.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 7: Well, we went outside and yes, I have to get in the car with my mom, so like I have to finesse this. So I'm like, hey, this was great, and I like gave him a quick kiss, but like he kind of did seem a little surprised by that.
Speaker 6: You initiated it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, again, I am that girl.
Speaker 1: That's rare in front of your mom?
Speaker 6: Was it in front of your mom? Did you see?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, she was like lurking in the background, lurking.
Speaker 4: The cameras out and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what do you mean he seems surprised by the kiss?
Speaker 1: How so?
Speaker 7: I don't know, Like I kind of just threw it out there. It was quick. He was kind of like, looks like he was reeling a tiny bit. I don't know.
Speaker 9: We did just eat a bunch of sushi.
Speaker 7: That could be on me.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was weird for him because his dad was also the duke. The mom's over by the bar. Yeah, the grandparents are in the car outside.
Speaker 2: It happens, I will love it so hard.
Speaker 4: I really hope not, but maybe it will. If we come back, they'll call Jeremy for you and try and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank you, hold on second date.
Speaker 4: Update if you're just joining us for the second date update. We're on the phone with Katrina, whose first date would be an absolute nightmare for most of us in this room, but for her, it's totally normal to bring along her mom as the third wheel. Just make sure that everything's going right. As far as we can tell, her date, Jeremy did not know that her mom was even there the whole time, watching, peeping in on their first kiss. Katrina, did you hold your finger up to give mom a count down so that she knew the kiss was about to happen? It would have been kind of romantic.
Speaker 7: Well, I think everyone was caught off guard by the kiss Mom included.
Speaker 1: For some reason.
Speaker 2: I just imagine your mother in the window of that sushi restaurant just banging on it, saying, wait to go, honey.
Speaker 7: Well, thank god that didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, but after the date, your mom did approve of him?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely okay, And we never asked either. Have you talk to him since I know that you said the kiss took him off guard?
Speaker 3: But maybe have you heard anything?
Speaker 7: No, that's why I'm calling you. It's just it's been awkward. I don't know what's up.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we can help smooth things over. We're about to call your boy here and hopefully turn Katrina and Jeremy into the power couple. Katam me, Hey, got a nice.
Speaker 5: Ring to it?
Speaker 1: Did we need to dial her mom in on the other line.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she's watching through one of the windows of the studio. I'm going to dial him right now. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is this Jeremy?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 4: Uh, we're we're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey Jeremy, Hey you doing.
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hey, you're quite the talker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So a tough nut to crack, jeff.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but hopefully we can because we're trying to help out one of our listeners with this segment we're doing called a second Date Update. Basically, you went out with a girl named Katrina the other night to a sushi restaurant, and we're trying to kind of pick your brain about it.
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, that was a scam.
Speaker 1: What what did you say? Scam?
Speaker 6: Like you scammed her?
Speaker 5: No, No, I think she's got some kind of operations she's running.
Speaker 4: You can you please elaborate because we have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did not allude to any sort of scam when we talked to her.
Speaker 5: It was a date, right, well, all right, we went to a sushi restaurant.
Speaker 9: We ordered a ton of food.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: So at the end the bill came, and you know, I have a policy I'll pay for the first day usually more than that.
Speaker 5: I just think it's the right thing to do. Although, I mean, we had a big night, you ordered a lot of food. So the guy came and she put down her card too, and I would sink, all right, thank god that one, I don't have to pay for this all. But two that that's nice of her to, like I said, I'd get it. But then she threw down her card, so I was like, all right, that's cool of birth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really considerate, Alexis. It is a nice thing. Guys appreciate that and like that about women. Whatever, I mean, considerate for next time.
Speaker 1: I get my card. Jeff, Yeah, yeah, she says, Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: So sorry, Jeremy.
Speaker 5: Keep going, well, but hold on because the bill came and I got my card back, and I saw I had still been charged for everything, and I.
Speaker 9: Had a quick moment of what's happening. And then he turned to her and said, and here's your loyalty card.
Speaker 1: What oh, that's.
Speaker 6: Her favorite sushi playing Wait.
Speaker 2: So like she threw it down, so like if you order ten rolls to give the eleventh three or something like that type of deal.
Speaker 1: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 9: She was getting some kind of like reward points for all the money.
Speaker 1: I just then, oh, it's a scam. Like, why wouldn't she throw it down?
Speaker 3: Like you're eating there, you don't have a loyalty card.
Speaker 6: It's weird that she.
Speaker 4: Would get all the benefits from their meal together that he paid for. She should have said, hey, here, if you want.
Speaker 1: You can join someone buys me Starbucks. It's so hard for me not to put my rewards right there. I don't know that that's a scalm. I bet she just didn't even think about it.
Speaker 4: How much was it? How much was the bill that you paid?
Speaker 6: She has got to be a hundred or so.
Speaker 9: I think it was closer to like two hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 5: Said the scam because I just suddenly got a flash of her taking like every internet guy to this one place and like racking up card.
Speaker 8: That isenious, I'm racking up the free California rolls and nobody.
Speaker 4: Even knows you're gonna You're creating a little monster in our.
Speaker 1: Studio texting on my friends right now. I'm sorry. That is a big accusation.
Speaker 4: It is weird that none of that came up when we talked to her.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you she doesn't even think about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she just.
Speaker 4: Takes money from guys and gets the rewards to herself. Okay, we need to clear this up and actually have Katrina on the line. She is on the phone already, by the way, Jerry, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Does it will feel less scammy?
Speaker 9: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how this segment works. We have them listening quietly and then have them jump in.
Speaker 7: That feels normal, sir, respectfully, What are you talking about? Like I'm running you suggested sushi. I suggested the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh she got you.
Speaker 9: Wait a minute, wait, you just said you picked the place you picked sushi.
Speaker 7: So what I was going to talk to you for weeks on the off chance you would land on sushi, even though I told you pick absolutely anything.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait a.
Speaker 9: Minute, just answer me. Yes, you have you taken other internet dates to that same place?
Speaker 7: Oh? Quite frankly, that is none of your business. And I know that's where my mom and I like to go. It's our favorite restaurant, she and I.
Speaker 4: So yeah, because you get all the free food there.
Speaker 2: Come on, you, guys, Jeffer, you really think that she is going to spend hours talking to men then hours going out on terrible dates with them, like it is not worth Like I can't imagine all of that energy being worth whatever you end up getting.
Speaker 4: I guess I do see Brooks point. You can be running a tighter scam than this. Yeah, maybe you need to like streamline this.
Speaker 3: Thank you, The reward is not worth the efforts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, maybe I'm to buy some gift cards too.
Speaker 5: Next time you keep saying it's not worth it, then why would you bother putting down your card.
Speaker 7: You offered to pay. I said thank you because that is the appropriate response, and then I my loyalty card down. I'm not going to let one hundred and sixty bucks, like one hundred dollars bill go without like just putting points on my card like you're paying for anyway, Like, why not it?
Speaker 4: So you said you and your mom go there? Did you use the loyalty points from this date on the next time that you and your mom went and ate there?
Speaker 3: Why would it matter?
Speaker 4: I'm just curious.
Speaker 9: I always use my loyalty card when we go and eat there.
Speaker 7: And yeah, we went there like a week or so after this date that he and I had so like technically probably, but I had a lot.
Speaker 4: Of points on that card for several meals.
Speaker 8: The guys, you bought her mom dinner. Yes, I don't know why he's so upset about this. Still, I totally don't see an issue with this.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing, after hearing the way this man feels about me because I'm apparently a scam artist, let me just pull the curtain all the way back. Let's get so real right now. Sure, the week or so after when I went there with my mom was not even the most important time that I went there with my mom. I think the most note for the time is the fact that my mother was there when we were on the state in the first place, she would sit at the bar.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know if Jeremy knew that that's not.
Speaker 6: A real bomb you think it is.
Speaker 7: I The thing is, she was just watching to make sure that I don't get I don't know, murdered.
Speaker 4: And then, Jeremy, you gave off. Do you feel like you maybe gave off some murdery vibes when you matched with her online?
Speaker 3: Her mom was going to save her.
Speaker 9: You thought I was going to murder you in the sushi restaurants.
Speaker 4: Maybe not in the restaurant, but maybe the barking one probably, Yeah, after you pay the bill. Yeah, they need the loyalty points.
Speaker 3: I think the more important point is did you hear that her mom was there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I don't even understand your mom is chaperoning your day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because there's a bunch of weirdos on the internet, so you have to be careful the internet.
Speaker 4: You Well, it's so romantic at this point, I just have to ask if you two would like to go out on another date.
Speaker 6: Moms and karens all.
Speaker 4: Invited and Jeremy, we're going to pay for it this time.
Speaker 1: We'll give you your own punch card.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think, Jeremy, This is like more twisted than I even imagine.
Speaker 4: There's no scam here. We'll pay for everything.
Speaker 9: Let her go out with their mom. I'm done.
Speaker 1: I like to do that.
Speaker 4: So the loyalty points are running low, though, So who's going to pay for that?
Speaker 7: You guys?
Speaker 6: Will?
Speaker 7: You already said you were going to give me a guest card.
Speaker 4: Now you're running a scam on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She's really good at it, though, I'm still okay with it.
Speaker 4: I know Brooke ven about four hundred dollars right now.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,