Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm expecting. I'm making preparations for mine, for myself to just die in about five days time. I always limp into the holiday party and then once it's over, I just like go home and crawling to bed. I don't know what kind of cold open you want. You got a cold We've got a cold open. So this is usually we do a cold open, and this time we're just doing an open where we talk about miles as cold because it's ah, I hear, folks.
Speaker 2: That's why on Friday when we recorded that other year end one, I was like I could feel it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm naisily something happening? Yeah, you always know before I get hit by. I'm like the guy in the tsunami video who just like walks towards it with the job look of curiosity on where does Sherlocke go? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, all of water? I've never seen one of those away what are you doing? I mean so what? There's one version of it where he's just like so dumb and it's just like wow, It's like the nature equivalent of like the rattling of keys. But the other version is just like he knows what's happening, and he's like, well, I might as well, just like fucking are you.
Speaker 2: Trying to do that thing when you're when you're like surfing, you're trying to get like past.
Speaker 1: The break that would have been right over it. I just jump over it.
Speaker 2: Oh I ducked ove, right, I ducked dove right under the fucking tsunami wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hello the Internet, and welcome to this week friend edition.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah all mile happened. We always limp in into the holidays. At least one of us is usually sick. Yeah, but you you latin on your You would be on your ass. This cold would have put you on your ass if you didn't have something going on with your back, which which down. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know what I have to suffer for for the art, the art exactly.
Speaker 1: You know that for you, the audience. I blame you, the audience.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't. I don't there, you don't. No, They're the solution to all of my problems. So please be kind and don't say sound like shit. I'm trying, both guys, sounds like ship. Yeah, dude, terrible fucking sinus cold like I've never had. I've never had anything like this. Usually I don't get like sinus colds, but this was like, really I felt like those commercials where the guy's head isn't a vice. Oh yeah yeah, And then got into like arguments with like, uh, pharmacist to be like I just need the stuff with pseudo fedrin, and they're like, we can't sell that to you right now. The pharmacy isn't technically desperate, bro. I'm like, you are the pharmacy, but like, no, the actual pharmacy because it's a control So I'm like, I'm not a smurf out here trying to fucking make frings blue, So just let me get the pseudo and fucking make my way.
Speaker 1: Is that a is smurf a word for people who do math or you just was in blue?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean that's what they call them in Breaking Bad in the first season when they had to go send all the junkies to different pharmacies to get pseudo a fedrian to make meth, They're like, just get some smurfs to go nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, all right, well you are gonna hopefully get some rests, get some sleep. We're gonna do a quick check in with what was trying to go over the weekend. First, we like to let you get to know us a little bit better, get to know each other a little bit better. Yeah, by doing some trust falls and in this case, telling each other what's something we think is underrated? Overrated? Uh, you want me to go first, give you a little break first, you want to go first? All right? Yeah? What's what are you doing under under dude?
Speaker 2: The two thousand and four holiday movies Surviving Christmas starring Ben Affleck, James Gandolfini, Catherine O'Hara, and Christina Applegate. Wow have you heard of this? I've heard this. I've totally missed it.
Speaker 1: It like just falls into the same category as Christmas with the Cranks, the Family Stone Right, there's like those ensemble Christmas movies that I think there's a Vince Vaughn one, like five.
Speaker 2: Chris Christmas with Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 1: Sorry to give him an extra Christmas basically yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's so secret why Van Vaught only made.
Speaker 1: It to three Christmas?
Speaker 2: No secret. But this movie, like it was one of those two thousand and four is an interesting time because this is like my what sophomore year of college, so I'm like deep into being off mainstream media. Like I'm only watching like deep cut foreign movies, you know, thinking you're deep in shit. So when this movie came out, I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna go fucking see this nonsense.
Speaker 1: I still haven't seen every ingmar Bergman movie. Okay, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And this weekend we were looking for a movie, like a holiday movie, and I was like, and there are I go into every holiday movie and like it's gonna be bad, So fuck it, let's watch this one.
Speaker 1: This thing is so fucking bad it I thought I thought it was so good.
Speaker 2: No, like it's underrated in that Like I'm telling everyone to see it because it's gonna fuck your head up because James Gandalfini is basically playing Tony soprano and he's married to Catherine O'Hara, and like it's such a that duo in your mind that was already fucking me up. I'm like, dude, Gandalfini's doing Tony and Catherine O'Hara's is Catherine o'haring it up? Ben Afflex Perform. It's about a millionaire who wants to like recapture his like you know, lack of love childhood Christmas so he just goes to his childhood home and pays this family like a quarter million dollars just to play pretend for a few days. And ben Affleck's character, like his four millionaire is Yeah, it's manic. I've never seen Ben Affleck perform like this, and it's cartoonish. The script is so bad, You're like, how could this have been greenlit? But it's like a treat because I'm like everyone like I like, individually Catherine O'Hara and James Gandelfini. So it's really fun to watch them in this thing with a script that has gone completely off the rails.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I can't recommend it enough because it just seems like it's just so obscure but has the payoff of being really a fucking head scratcher in terms of how bad it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we now have we always do our year end holiday party with a bad Christmas movie. Oh, throw that on the background. We're I think it's I think this is going to be our background Christmas movie Surviving Christmas, which the like horror genre has to be pissed that they got to the movie title Surviving Christmas.
Speaker 2: Burder Are you are you looking it up right? Now you check out that Rotten Tomato score.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at the Rotten Tomatoes. There's a Wikipedia check out.
Speaker 2: Just google it so you can see what the baseline, like critical reception was of this film.
Speaker 1: We're at a eight. Wow, A wealthy executive Drew Latham has no close relations and becomes nostalgic for his childhood home. So it's just like he just goes to his home.
Speaker 2: He goes to his home, and I don't even want to reveal stuff because you're like, what the From the beginning, you're just like, what the fuck is this movie? Like what is happening? Is what I kept saying to myself as I watched it. So, yeah, check it out. It's not it will like it's it will not disappoint because you're going to go into it expecting to see like a fever dream of like this era. I think that like two thousand, like that right after nine to eleven to two thousand and five, like era of movies.
Speaker 1: There's just a lot of weird we all lost our minds. Yeah, the nation had lost his mind exactly. Yeah, check it out. I'm going to and you're sure this is Yeah. I did look up the Wikipedia first, just to make sure it wasn't a fever dream that you had you had been happening because you have a fever. Stephen Rood is in it, Brian the Editor points out, So it can't be all bad, all right, I got two underrated one just ship that lasts. First of all, still wearing my tuxedo I got married in sixteen years ago. It's been tailored. I wear it every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in case people are wondering, Yeah, we spend a lot of money in post to digitally take the toxedo off for the video episodes.
Speaker 1: But it's been tailored like three times and it's still hanging around. I also have this Christmas lights necklace that we got at a drive in movie theater, like during the pandemic. Remember when like that was just the thing to do, was like go to drive in movie theaters. Yeah, so they were selling Christmas ways of the Ancients Christmas light necklaces. I got one, the sort of thing that you would expect to be broken by the end of the movie. We're five years later. That shit is still lighting up a stab bring it out every Christmas. It's but I think I just want to recommend Christmas light necklaces are that They're just the easiest way to be Like, and I'm going to a holiday party. I'm dressed normally and now I'm going to a holiday party and I have a holiday cheer. People really seem to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: This human sacrifice graphic T shirt doesn't feel Christmas enough?
Speaker 1: What about now? Okay? What about now? Baby? Oh? I love the Christmas light that Wow, everybody says that word for word if someone setting a manger on fire on your teeth, Hey, but the manger is there. Yeah. I also want to shout out the historic significance of Limp Biscuits. Just one of those days. Wow. I encountered this song over the weekend and it started like playing in my brain. What's that?
Speaker 2: That's a guitar bar?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Just those days and I was just thinking about it, like Limp Biscuit as it relates to rage, like rage against the machine dropped killing in the name in ninety two. Limp Biscuits first album came out in ninety seven, and I feel like they just filtered out the class consciousness of rage and like just like in this song, Fred Durst is mad because well, as you might remember, it's just one of those days where wait, like it's like a song about being grumpy and waking up on the wrong side of the bed. He does specifically says like in case you're hoping to get any sort of articulate analysis of where the anger is coming from in his generation, he specifically says, you don't really know why, but you want to justify someone's head off, like specifically removing any explanation any cause there's also like the refrain it's all about that he said, she said bullshit. So it's just like any attempt to analyze why people are angry is just he said, she said bullshit. It's just all meaningless, you know. So yeah, it just like taps into this dissatisfaction that was like made fashionable and like potent to buy rage against the machine and then is like, hey, white guys, you can feel it too, and you know, just try it on without any any sort.
Speaker 2: Of I just yeah, almost, it feels like this is the like you say, it's it's like rages down Rodeo with no class consciousness at all. Generally, it's like yo, you're like down Rodeo. We know what's we know what's going on with down Rodeo.
Speaker 1: This one. I just love.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at genius, at the lyrics, and again Limp Biscuit doesn't need a genie, they needs no genius.
Speaker 1: Anal it says, especially that looking up Limp Biscuit lyrics on Genius is just a funny thing. It's just actually just break the website. This is way more entertaining because again that course.
Speaker 3: All about that he said, she said, bullshit, I did you better letting ship slip or you'll be leaving with a fat.
Speaker 2: Lip that fat Okay, all right, here's that annotation. He suggests the person he's talking about should basically keep their mouth shut and quit gossiping or talking shit or he's going to punch you in the face.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, And didn't figure it out, so shout out to Olympus. I feel like maybe in the you know, trajectory of America's descented to fascism, like they will be an early kind of symbol that people could have been like, oh yeah, that's because that is like, you know, fascism's playbook is take the you know, esthetics of leftist and like progressive policy and politics, and you know, take the anger and then just remove any of the content, any of the meaning and just like put it in the name of reactionary bullshit. So hell yeah, dog, and that's kind of cool, and that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I'm off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't watch the documentary about woodstockumentary, but I'm assuming, I'm assuming they talk about some of this stuff. Dude. It's vile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole thing, front to back, from just the capitalist gouging to the lack of safety, all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty interesting though, right, It does feel like half the artists.
Speaker 2: They talked to just seemed deeply traumatized by even from performing there.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, even Fred. I'm sure they talked to Fred, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember, they must have, but I just remember fat Boy Slim was like shook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the most evil like that. It that was an early sign that we just ignored. Yeah, Brian points out it it is kind of in the same family as like fight Club Matrix office Space, where it like taps into this dissatisfied white guy energy of the late nineties. But yeah, they and like in office space, like remember that opens with a white guy like listening to gangster rap, like listening to rap music that has like the energy and is like actually coming from a place of like, you know, suffering and you know, class consciousness, and he's just like appropriating it and he and he's like using the anger to get mad at fucking photo copy machines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, that was so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Dude, what a time to be alive. Yeah, what's something, Miles? Do you think it is overrated? Uh?
Speaker 2: The the way fathers abandoned their families in the modern era, now stick with me here again. In watching for Surviving Christmas, there's this like there's a trope I forgot that we don't really they don't really use in TV and film anymore, which is Ben Affleck's talking about his sad child and goes and my dad walked out on our family Christmas morning, and I just like set me in a time machine.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what happened to that?
Speaker 2: That used to be so standard in like fucked up backstories, Like I remember it was Thanksgiving, my dad went out for turkey or cranberry sauce and never came back. Like that whole thing of just fully phantom ghosting. Now there are people now. I think most men just do it very gradually. By gradually emotionally detaching from their families in a way that they're physically there but maybe emotionally gone. But this I've just like laughed so hard thinking about, like that was so normal like whatever that Like I don't know, like the few times that came out as like a trope in a film, it just sort of became this way to always be like, yeah, dad went out for cigarettes. Like that whole thing. We've we've we've moved on, we've evolved past that.
Speaker 1: Christmas or Thanksgiving is definitely them getting out there like inner dramatic queen, like why why do it on such and such a such an really make a point out of here? Fuck you?
Speaker 2: Then I should maybe they could have done it last night or I don't know at the moment I realized I could have, you know, spoken and my partner, But yeah, I just love the we don't walk out on our families on Christmas anymore, I know, speak for yourself.
Speaker 1: But the the Gremlins, uh story where her dad leaves because he like she thinks he's left the family and then they start smelling something coming out of the chimney that is up like permanently in my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that that scar had healed for me, but you reopened it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm here for. Also, the the other two, the way their dad died. Oh wait, how did their dad die? Another two got drunk on the roof during Christmas and like it froze to death.
Speaker 2: I think, mister yeah, rough rough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, my overrated like kind of the blood lists begrudging treatment of progressive ideas in mainstream culture. I was, I was watching this NFL game and uh there was Lions, bills all that. Josh Allen, Man, what you see from a different planet. This guy's incredible. What happened was that? Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that the game where the guy fucking fumbled the ball at the goal line? Again, I just saw a clip of another Like, I don't know how NFL players keep dropping the ball before it breaks the plane for a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do it, sorry, because they're it's the it's the NFL player. It's the NFL player equivalent of a leaving on Christmas. You know, just wait for the rest dramatic moment. And I respect black. Yeah, I leveled the bag on Christmas morning. But so I was watching the game and at one point they get back from commercials, which still the only thing my six year old wants to watch. He comes over and watches the commercials because and like I get it, like seeing it through his eyes. They are like these three million dollar like short films, like you know, no expense spared on the commercials. They're like, you know, getting filmmakers to tell stories. They you know, are analyzed and poured it over and.
Speaker 2: Then a lot of instances paid, like actors are paid better to be in a commercial than they are in a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, so And then we get back and we have the announcer just like read through this copy chunk with zero intonation. I actually, like, I was so struck by it that I actually went back and uh like wrote it down word for word. Okay, Yeah, he's like talking about this wide receivers having a great game. He was like on the Lions and now he's come back to haunt them because they he's now on the Bills and the Bills are kicking the shit out of the Lions, and uh he's like, and I'm going to tell you about it right after this. Well. The NFL family advances social justice and as barriers to opportunity through work in police community relations, criminal justice reform, an economic advancement. The Inspired Change Change Maker Award recognizes community members who work to advance social justice. To learn more about the Change change Maker, visit and then read the URL and back to the game, and like the energy of like back to the game is like, oh, all right, we got that bullshit over the fuck, you know, like just like reading through the unpleasant side effects at the end of the medicine commercial is like the energy that they give to this. They don't even say the person's name, like they they show a quick cutaway to a woman holding an oversized like ceremonial check for ten thousand dollars made out to like Detroit Public schools, But they don't even like tell the story or anything. It's just fucking boilerplate copy that they're reading to get it out of the way. And it's just like, of course social justice is going to like to like fucking teenagers and adolescents and shit like that. Like they they're all like this is actually bullshit, dude, Like they they're just forced to read this shit because of course it's like treated by the people who make the ship they watch as like bad vegetables. They need to like force down our throat before we can have fun again.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, it feels like such transparent, like they have to generate moral cover because the NFL is already you know, questionable league in terms of how like players end up and it's treatment of players and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So they're probably like, all right.
Speaker 2: Do the oversized check thing and we can go to sleep one more night. Yeah, I get like they don't, like I feel I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how conscious it is or if it's just like because it's not profitable, it just gets so much less attention, and they're just like we have to like fucking say this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in this era of such like backlash to anything quote woke, we're surprised they're still even doing it, you know, because it feels like so many, so many institutions and companies have completely abandoned like any idea or any notion that they like it was something that they should be doing as like a major force in culture.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well they're certainly like getting it sup less and less energy because yeah, and it's just like this is of course why social justice movements fizzle in America, Like in a market driven world, like the people who make the decision of what's profitable will just pay lip service to it in a way that basically has unimplied jacking off hand motion like the whole time they're doing it, Like it's like, I feel like it's more damaging to do what they're doing than nothing at all when you do what you're doing. They're Yeah, it implies that it's like a thing that they're in on which they suck. So like everybody nobody like thinks that nobody is thinking this is cool. Like everybody's like, uh, like they're like trying to brainwash us because they sound like they're fucking brainwashed as they're reading it because they're giving it absolutely nothing. So yeah, I was. I really believed in the NFL too well, Like I heard it on like a radio like spot where like somebody like gave just a brief nod to a event that had happened in black history that day, but like just such a cursory like mention moving on, And I'm just like noticing it everywhere that they feel like they have to do it, but they're doing it like begrudgingly, and so the whole thing just feels like, Yeah, I just can see the adolescent from boy mind being like this is actually not cool, Like they're just trying to fucking trick me. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like the community d service project for like a teenager who has caught graffitiing like racist stuff on a wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like and now you got to read this. It's got their energy. Yeah, it's like, fucking.
Speaker 2: Dare I have to because I'm fucking up right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll get into some of the news. These fucking drones won't leave me alone. Man, We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, And actually I do wanna Brian, do you have your mic on? Yeah, I'm here, all right, So I just want, like, I don't I don't need you to weigh in any specific moment, but I am just curious to hear your thoughts on this because I am hearing from a lot of people, like I gave my take on this last week, that there are a ton of drones out there now. Brian the editor is the proud owner of a drone. You know, I talked about seeing this like drone display at a ski resort that was like mind boggling and but also like it did, but they were like doing like they it like turned into a jag in at one part, like they do that a lot in China. They have like huge ones, but like this was not like this was Big Bear, which is like, you know, just a you know, very normal like ski area. They're not. It's not like a high tech like energy at all, but like they were able to like program this kind of impressive show. Yeah, I've seen like really impressive like drone stuff, and so I'm just trying to like get my head around what are people seeing that is so much more impressive. They're like, well, it couldn't be like what you know, people, because there's so many of them. It's like I've seen like fife drones like operating together as one like that. I feel like if somebody put that array above New Jersey right now, everybody would fucking lose their minds, like because you know, like it's I don't quite understand how this has like it's only growing, and I don't know if it's just if I'm missing something or if the country just like badly needs something to like have a little hysteria about that is that allows them to be like distracted from reality. Well, there is something special about drones.
Speaker 3: Drones are in my experience, there's certain types of people who are just triggered by the sight of a drone and they immediately get upset, Like, yeah, I remember, what's that neighborhood app kill it?
Speaker 1: What's that app for? Like neighborhoods where you can like, you know, knock on people when.
Speaker 2: Stuff citizen next door next door?
Speaker 3: So I remember arguing with someone on next door who is convinced that a drone was spying on her in her house. Yeah, and I had to carefully explain to her how cameras work and how that's there's that's not a thing.
Speaker 1: Right through my roof like that, Like, she said that, like there.
Speaker 3: Was a drone spying on her kids in her backyard, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure, I'm pretty sure no one cares about your dumb kids in your backyard.
Speaker 3: I mean, but yeah, it's just like something about a drone that upsets certain types of people when they see it, And I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so people don't like seeing drones. They're suddenly seeing a lot more of them that this has continued to grow over the weekend. Marjorie Taylor Green has continued to make public statements claiming that the government is in control of the drones. Donald Trump suggested that the government needs to it that they're behind the drones or shoot them down. I just love the energy of this guy who's about to be the president, being like the government controls the drones.
Speaker 3: I haven't been following this story. Well, what kind of drones are people seeing? Are they seeing like predator drones? Are they seeing the kind you get it?
Speaker 1: They're saying that they're seeing drones that are as big as an suv flying through the air.
Speaker 2: Brian, so that who's on Reddit as much as you are. I'm surprised you haven't seen all this drone ship because it don't follow American news.
Speaker 1: No, but it's in like it's on.
Speaker 2: I've seen it in so many subreddits right now people post him.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm also weaning myself off of Reddit. Good for your congratulations because it's mostly boxed. So after he leaves this episode, Miles, we'll have a discussion of why it seems like Brian thinks he's better than us.
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't know, man, I just know Brian has always been against me.
Speaker 1: The just maybe the out he's weeding himself.
Speaker 2: But it's like so many videos of like just like sometimes it has like the like green and red lights that I feel like, don't A lot of.
Speaker 1: Drones have these lights on them.
Speaker 3: Drone just for for the pilot, so that you know which orientation your drone is in. So usually I think the I think the red lights on the left, I can't remember, but it's just so you know which way your drone is pointing when you're flying it.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, their SUV size, that sounds like some government shit. I'm like, I don't even know what that is. But like how good are people at judging the size of a drone? That's the other thing.
Speaker 3: It's like it's really hard to like, if you've ever seen you know, you guys live in LA you've seen helicopters strafing your house, I'm sure it's hard to tell how many hundred feet they are in the air, supposed to be about four hundred, but you can swear sometimes this.
Speaker 1: Is my argument. Yeah, the like you think they're either closer further away, you think they're a different size than they are. Yeah, if you don't know what it is you're looking at. It's really hard to tell. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's three potential things happening. One, it's just fucking drones. People are tripping and it's now causing other people to fly their drones to sort of cut like cash in on like the sort of excitement around seeing this shit in the sky. Two there it's aliens and they're not telling us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or three this is an op so people stop talking about Luigi Mangoni.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, yeah, I mean and look at us. We've opened our Monday Morning Trends episodes for the past two weeks talking about.
Speaker 2: Look at this Google search curve right here. The drones are blue, Luigi Mangoni's red. Yeah, it shot up. December tenth is the same.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: The December tenth there was a simultaneous huge drop off in interest, maybe because he was caught, and then that's like began like a very sort of sharp.
Speaker 1: Rise in drone searches. So I don't wait, I'm just for Luigi MANGIONI searches before he was caught.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think on the day like like when the name came out, like when the name came out again, this is. But what I do see is like I think there's so much talk of the drones too that I don't know. I'm this is me with my tinfoil gum wrapperd.
Speaker 1: People just like don't want to think about the incoming administration, like so they're looking for a big story to like distract themselves with. But I also, yeah, I don't know. Like one of the big videos that ABC News came through and was like ABC News camera crew investigate the drone uap UFO phenomenon. We have no idea what it is, and they're showing this like like I don't know. It looks like a crystal in the sky, kind of kind of dope looking, and basically everyone who looked at it and has some manner of expertise is like that that's Venus. That's the planet that is a you see, not the Razor. I know that was my first thought too, But yeah, there's a apparently the Razor is named after a planet. Okay, I'll buy that, And that's Earth's biggest brightest planet, uh currently you Like, I feel like it's the first thing you see at night once once the sun starts to go down.
Speaker 2: Like, well, this is the thing if it's a regular drone, Like there's a story about how like an air force base would like shut down for a second to like monitor the airspace, not like how do you I'd imagine if you were fucking around with a commercial drone, like they'd probably like there's probably a way to hold that person into account. But if it isn't, does that indicate that even the air force is like what the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Well, here's the confusing thing to me about this is that commercial drones have to be registered, like information just spitting out of them constantly, and you can find out what the drone is, especially if you're like a military base, you can find out what it.
Speaker 1: Is and possibly who it belongs to.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I don't understand the confusion. Like if the government wants to know what's flying around in its airspace, they can find out.
Speaker 1: There shouldn't be any mystery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's that's I think that's the weird part.
Speaker 1: That's like attending like they don't know, yeah, or they're just doing the government thing of like we don't care to disclose that information at this time, and then you know, letting a mass hysteria.
Speaker 3: And like all the pictures I can find are either lights in the sky or they are clearly you know, like a Dji matrise or something like that, just like a big fucking commercial drone.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I know what a dji matrisas, but I'm glad you clarified that. For it's like what they move use on Like movies.
Speaker 3: If you've ever seen like an Netflix documentary, the opening shot is always a drone shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those swoops out. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't know, Like I I feel like the people being like they're just seeing radio towers and the planet Venus is like that going on, Yeah exactly that that feels like it's just a weather balloon type excuses, Like we can't copletally dismissive the drone hobbyist suddenly catching drone fever because like the like national and international news is suddenly all about drones and like they get to be a part of like this massive freak out like feels more logical to me, But I don't know, people. I just think people really want to believe right now.
Speaker 3: Also, like law enforcement has been using drones for uh, you know, surveillance, and you know kind of like what helicopters used to do. I don't know what they're doing in New Jersey, but I know that, you know, police departments have a ship ton of money that we give them and they spend it on goofy ass toys. So if anyone were to have a fleet of large drones, I would say it's the police or like firefighters or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes that also makes more sense.
Speaker 2: I just like the like last week, we're like, that's radio towers, and now it's just you know what something's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, radio tower is flying around like it that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's definitely.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's taking up a lot of energy and attention.
Speaker 1: And now, like I.
Speaker 2: Feel it wasn't I think Larry Hogan or one of the main governors of a state, like I.
Speaker 1: Saw him too. I've seen it. Yeah, all right, Larry Hogan. So I don't know. We'll we'll keep an eye on it, keep it. It seems like everybody will it. I am curious. This makes me want to go back and look at the Chinese weather balloon story because that was like everyone was like, oh shit, what's happening? And then I feel like we never really got closure on that. There's probably like a bunch of details on that that people just stopped paying attention to once no longer served them. Also, there's like six military bases in New Jersey, which is not a very big state, and I just really should know what this is. Maybe it's some sort of.
Speaker 3: Interagency miscommunication where one is doing a bunch of testing and the other ones don't know about it.
Speaker 1: Right, entirely possible. I mean that might be like a low That is one of the more popular skeptic explanations for what's going on with UAPs. Right, It's just like it's just.
Speaker 3: Drunes aren't rare. They're like you can get them at best Buy. Like, this isn't why people are any one can.
Speaker 1: Get one, This is this is my point, Brian, And you can, and somebody with a reasonable with a fireworks display budget can do wild shit like light up the sky and like, yeah, it's your brain if you if you aren't familiar with how drones can be like programmed with like to dance together. So yeah, I'm still highly skeptical of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm more skeptical skeptical because I want the aliens to do cooler shit than this, like if they're like, come on, bro, you got red and green lights?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the people are so unimaginative when it comes to alien shit. It's like, Oh, they're gonna be humanoid shaped and they're gonna fly.
Speaker 1: Drums around it.
Speaker 3: It's just it's so stupid, Like have some imagination, everybody. Aliens can be a lot cooler than than what you could think of than us.
Speaker 2: They could be this podcast right now.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you didn't just do that drop, dude? That was like that just yawned. I just yawned. That's how you're yawns. There's also like I feel like the media is buying into it and like trying to select the information that is going to make this the most like intriguing like viral story. Like there's a newsweek article that is being linked as like one of the top drone or top drudge stories over the weekend, and like their primary source is just somebody in the drone industry who's like, I don't know what it is, but I bet it's really important and cool. Like they like that's legit what he says, all right, important and cool. Yeah, So I don't know they also mentioned at the end, like and they changed like the FAA rules so that drones could fly at night back in September twenty twenty three. So this might just be the result of people realizing that all at once and flying a bunch of drunes at night.
Speaker 3: For years, you weren't able to There were a lot of restrictions and you need it like a license, special license to fly at night.
Speaker 1: But now it's just like open season. And yeah, so that's probably what's happening, Like that.
Speaker 3: You could you you weren't able to fly over people. Uh, you weren't able to know you can. You weren't able to fly over traffic, and now like.
Speaker 1: Drones are flying over people and people are like what the fuck. It's like, oh, they just changed a law. In the media.
Speaker 3: Instead, there might be a new LINU sight rule because you used to have to have clear line of sight to your drone. But now with all these companies trying to do like deliveries, it could be a company too of testing their fleet. I don't know, but like companies have a lobby to be able to fly without being able to see your drone physically so you can make deliveries and stuff.
Speaker 1: So it could be something like that too. Yeah, there's like a Twitter thread that's going viral where a guy's like, let me explain what this is. I've like worked in this. It's there to measure like nuclear activity or something along those lines radiation.
Speaker 3: And I mean people use it in industry. They're everywhere like that. There's no need for alarm.
Speaker 1: But he yeah, like the thing that he's pointing, he makes it sound somewhat nefarious, and then is also like, uh, you know, referencing. He's like in the big thing that you see that people keep referencing. It's like, take I need to see a picture of like this drone that is or like a video of this drone that is like of a type that we've never seen before, because otherwise it's just like I don't know, man, it sounds like drones. Like you're looking at anything that an SUV size drone. Yeah, all right, Well, thank you for joining us Brian to as our resident drone expert. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll talk about some the news. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and we are in the slow creep towards normalization and acceptance and bowing down kissing of the ring. We were in the Kissing of the Ring segment of the you Know Coming Trump administration. ABC News just settled a defamation case with him for fifteen million dollars. Fifteen million dollars. Why is that?
Speaker 2: Because on ABC George Stephanopolis said that he was referring to the Egen Carroll case where it said Trump was found liable for rape, and that's like that. I remember at the time he's like, I'm going to sue you for saying that, blah blah blah, like you shouldn't use that word. This like it at the time, like a thing where people are like ABC would probably win this case all said and done, like it. I mean, I the you know that we obviously understand this is Trump's like go to fucking lawsuit move all the time. But I think more than anything, because most people are like, well usually journalistic institutions, they stand by it and we'll go to trial just on principle this isn't happening, and they're like, here's.
Speaker 1: Fifteen dollars for your future.
Speaker 2: Libraryan museum and an I'm sorry note.
Speaker 1: Which I mean.
Speaker 2: This all just feels part of like what Trump has been saying, how he's like he's taming the media. This feels like that's what that is. It's just preemptive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, we don't want to get into a lawsuit with someone who's about to be president who could maybe do something to us, and we're going to accept that. That's the world we live in, so we will just capitulate. So yeah, that's the fourth estate, man, I'll take I'll take the I'll take fourth meal over the fourth estate.
Speaker 1: At this point, you know, they are in competition. Yeah, so I always live moss for me. Maybe. There's also this article about how basically every important tech billionaire is donating at least a million dollars to his inauguration fund, Like Samuel Altman has, you know, donated a million dollars and said President Trump will lead our country into the age of AI and I'm eager to to sure America stays ahead. Yes, exactly. But you know Mark Zuckerberg, who used to be somebody who expressed concerns about Trump's immigration policies during his first presidency.
Speaker 2: Now look he's dressing like fucking Silicon Valley Jack Harlowe and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and he met with Trump over dinner at mar a Lago, gifted him a pair of metas ray Band smart glasses. And then back to July, he was already sort of yes, exactly. Back in July, he was already starting to get on board. He said that Trump's reaction of raising his fist in the air after the assassination was one of the most badass things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: It would be the most badass thing you've ever seen in your life, for sure.
Speaker 1: So tight, dude. And then Jeff Bezos, you know, we saw what he did with the endorsement of the Washington Post. He's playing to meet with Trump at mar Lago next week or I think maybe this week. And at the New York Times deal book Summit. God, how did I miss that? Once again? Not invited were a deal book summit. We were banned. Yeah, well that's it wasn't an official band. It's just like they have my pictures at the entrances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they said I'm banned because I kept using the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Too much, freaking everybody out. Yeah, well I had to pee a lot of coffee. But they said he appeared optimistic about the new administration and noted that Trump seems to have a lot of energy around reducing regulation and if I can help him do that, I'm going to help him because we do have too much regulation in this country. Oh my god, said the guy who's been able to make.
Speaker 2: Said Robert Baron Bezos. Okay, cool, there's one thing I do agree with. It's the guardrails to my extraction of wealth.
Speaker 1: Just there's too many of them. Please do away with them. The one thing that is not a problem in the United States, like, we gotta we gotta work on this. Guys, they're fucking with me. They're put too many, too much pushing back on what Amazon wants to do to our workers, and the world can't have that. All right, Well, Miles, I think you should go get some rest. Let's uh I'm gonna go lay down. Go do that and uh yeah, go lay down for a long period of time. Get some rest. We'll uh be back tomorrow with the whole ass episode the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get a blue shot. Yes, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to your tomorrow. Fight