Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did. This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble. One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 2: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 3: And now join my bad Larry, Shayan Irving and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends. Here's Dan Patrick. Larry, So it's your birthday last night?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 1: Okay, and don't we have a bet? The over under that you said that you're going to live fifty more years is something like that one hundred. Yeah, oh yeah, you're not living to be one hundred?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Fucking no way, no way, why not?
Speaker 4: I have? This is the only stress I have in my life talking to you guys.
Speaker 1: The fact that you label this stress would concern me.
Speaker 4: Just teting in my car, I hang on one second, I gotta put my coca cola.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of coca cola, how is your blood pressure?
Speaker 1: The fuck? How do you? How's your sugar level? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got the sugar beaties.
Speaker 4: I'm sure fine?
Speaker 1: But won Larry in a while? Okay, who thinks Larry's going to live to be one hundred.
Speaker 3: I think he already has diabetes.
Speaker 1: But you you got dive beats there.
Speaker 3: I'll actually call it Larry's going to die at Larry. How old did you turn yesterday?
Speaker 4: Fifty seven?
Speaker 3: Larry's going to die at sixty two from choking on a mozzarella stick.
Speaker 2: I don't need I don't think not anymore.
Speaker 1: You don't just hurd the fucking wait wait, you're not fifty seven?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I was born in fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so you're probably older than sixty two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty six last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you're sixty six over under Larry lives to be eighty one under under under it, you're going under under eighty one one under seventy two under seventy two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I think seventy five and a half would be okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, seventy five is the God said. Okay, so you got that so bad? Larry lives doesn't live to be seventy five and a half, No change, okay, no, seventy three, seventy three? What about you, dyl I don't under one hundred. Oh, I'll definitely take the under on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just But who pays your bet when you're dead?
Speaker 1: Your wife? MB, it's like and we'll handle it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I hate to tell you I'm out living her, but I'm gonna go to one hundred. She could go to like eighty six or eighty four, you know somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to bet five thousand dollars that you die.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 1: I'm back and back. Yeah, we knew. This is what brings you back. This, this is it now, this is the gateway drug. Here I go. Yes, yeah, what the picture day ray.
Speaker 5: The average mail in the US lives seventy seven point two eight years.
Speaker 3: The average mail anything but not a really below average mail.
Speaker 1: By the way, bad Larry did great. He won three units last week. You're up eleven units after being horrible with everything else in the gambling world prior to this. But let's see, Dylan, you won two units, so you're back to zero. Shay, you won two units your plus four? Yes, okay, all right, so great, Danny did pretty well. Yeah, Dylan's parlay on DraftKings is really really bad. The all birds parlay, Yeah, tell them, tell him what your parlay is going to be? So now we're bringing Dylan on the radio show.
Speaker 2: I've seen that and I heard it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so educate the public.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you have blown both of your parlays the last two weeks pretty badly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Went for three on your parlos, which is hard to do.
Speaker 3: Oh for three on the first one, for three on the second one. Yeah, cumulatively, oh for six. We were to parse them. Now you lost every bet. I lost every bet. That's why I came in with a four legger because I think my problem is just sticking to the pussy three leg.
Speaker 1: So give the four legger.
Speaker 3: Let me check my notes. Okay, Yeah, So Seahawks plus seven and a half alternate spread, so it's five the real lines five and a half. I bumped it up by two. Take a little slight hit on the odds because they're out of their both their tackles, so that seems problematic. Falcons plus one against the Packers, Okay, Packers Flying South. Cardinals plus five and a half against the Giants, Dan, I know you also like this one.
Speaker 1: Which one is that?
Speaker 3: Cardinals plus five and a half against the Giants.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Cardinals out right, there's.
Speaker 3: No reason, right, Yeah, outright, I actually I like the card I might throw a little Cardinals money line in here.
Speaker 1: I'm back gambling now.
Speaker 3: Your last two bets ever are and when Larry's gonna die in Cardinals money.
Speaker 2: That's a true sense of a degenerator. I'm only coming back for the death bet or the Cardinals out right.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, sometimes you get that feeling you go, I'm gonna I'm gonna ride the feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so, did you already give us your Parley.
Speaker 3: And Ravens plus three and a half against the Bengals. Okay, a lot of early money coming in on the Ravens suspect.
Speaker 1: All right, let me look at it. Let me get to bad Larry. Uh let's recap what bad Larry did, since he's now leading at plus eleven units. All right, let's see recapping two team six point teaser. You won that one, Notre Dame and Rectors. You had another.
Speaker 4: Uh damn, I'm only plus. I think I only won two units this week. I think I was plus eight nine plus ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at honest, Jim, here, what the.
Speaker 4: Fuck I have to see? I actually have my notes in front of me from last week on a Verizon bill. You know that I write them on a canblo before I send that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on there picture day, Ray, you run the numbers here?
Speaker 2: Did you screw up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I got you at eleven, Larry, and uh, I hate to break it to you, but I got in into Google doc and I'll take that over the old Verizon bill count there.
Speaker 2: So you're eleven, but.
Speaker 4: I lost the Wisconsin UL Lafayette.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I went too and one in college and I went too and one in the pros.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So isn't that only up two units one one in college pros?
Speaker 2: Ray?
Speaker 1: Ray?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could have been an em Jesus.
Speaker 3: Where you threw me under the bus.
Speaker 5: I tried to help you out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I want an audit.
Speaker 2: I want a whole fucking audit.
Speaker 3: The problem with this is Larry's gonna now use this as his like honest abe shield to die on for the rest of the season and at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, shut down a fucking cherry tree, would you.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Last night my two brothers came over on my porch. We're gonna have one of my porch and then go out somewhere for my birthday. At twelve fifteen. I threw them off my porch because I had a queen. And I did these picks last night. Ray, I know, I think I sent them to you twelve fifteen or whenever I was going to bed.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I sent up in the top corner. Okay, but nobody cares that you kicked your brothers off the porch at twelve fifteen.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm just telling. I'm just telling. I'm just reliving what I did. And I know my lines are bad because I had to post from a day before that I did my picks from. And I know you're gonna kill me when I have my Judge Cowboys under wait, I was forty five in a paper and I know it can't be any are near that.
Speaker 1: It's no.
Speaker 4: All my lines are gonna be all my lines off.
Speaker 1: You're you're seven points off correct, the Cowboys and the Jets.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well, well I give my picks.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna okay, here we go, all right, here's here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm willing to bet. I'm willing to bet you they're gonna be different.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Okay, here we go. So bad Larry bets for this week.
Speaker 4: Fuck minus ten against Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: It's l s U minus nine and a half. Oh all right.
Speaker 4: Georgia minus twenty seven and a half against South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Georgia oh and two against the spread this season?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yukon minus eight against Florida State. They're Florida International.
Speaker 1: Florida International, right, Okay, you're on the Yukon bandwagon.
Speaker 2: Apparently this year.
Speaker 4: Well, I lost. I lost on them the first week. They taught me a little lesson they.
Speaker 2: Covered the first Oh, you clown? Okay?
Speaker 4: What else do we Tennessee minus seven against Florida Okay? Uh?
Speaker 1: Graham Mertz should be arrested and set to prison for the rest of his life. Why because he's the worst quarterback. I fucking hate him. This goes back to when he was at years and years of paying.
Speaker 3: Those Wisconsin games were brutal mar Yes, Mertz, what else do you have?
Speaker 4: And I have my Locktack minus four and a half against North Texas?
Speaker 3: How dare you are you going to respond to that?
Speaker 2: Or what? I don't understand why you hate me so much?
Speaker 4: I say I love Tack?
Speaker 1: Why what do you love? Loves? North Texas? The Harvard of Texas, the Harvard of Texas, the Harvard.
Speaker 2: Or Denton County. Other school in Deon County is Texas. What's university?
Speaker 1: So it's you know, easy, what else?
Speaker 4: Now? I got my pros even at one of your new bests pros. I got the Viking snide against the Eagles. I don't know what that line is?
Speaker 1: Six six and a half, six and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna go one more week on my Giants. The Cardinals are the worst team in football.
Speaker 1: The Giants are. They're given five and a half.
Speaker 3: Based on last week. The Giants are the worst team in football.
Speaker 1: No shit, what else do you have over under half the Cowboys and the Jets? That's thirty eight and a half?
Speaker 4: Thirty eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had it at forty five and.
Speaker 3: Difference.
Speaker 4: That's what That's what the Post had left.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 1: What at twelve fifteen when you're kicking your brothers up.
Speaker 3: Because the Post is like, we have one guy reading these in the newspapers.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Danny Sheridan, Texan, you you fucking you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep that. I'm gonna keep that at thirty eight and a half, that's fine. Thirty eight and a half. Yeah, all right, keeps that under. I have the Lions against the Seahawks. What am what am I giving?
Speaker 1: Five and a half?
Speaker 4: Five and a half?
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: And I of the Steelers against the Browns, I have a minus two and a half.
Speaker 1: Steelers are getting two. Steelers are getting too.
Speaker 2: They're catching, larr come on catching.
Speaker 1: The Steelers are getting too.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna take a look at that post when I get home. I had a minus two and a half.
Speaker 1: You're the only man in America who buys a newspaper anymore enjoy reading that.
Speaker 3: You're right, I know what to read, and it's at least it's hard hitting news like Thees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the New York Post is that it's mostly pick Lara, is that it?
Speaker 4: That's my pick?
Speaker 2: Stan.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do over under how many beers bad Larry had last night? Line's gotta be actually twenty.
Speaker 3: I have some information, dent we I texted Larry when I found out it was his birthday yesterday, and then he said at twelve am even he said, thanks Dylan, shit face. Now pick soon. So I'm gonna say four or five easy, four or five beers. Yeah, he said he was having one on the porch with his friends. He didn't really elaborate after.
Speaker 1: Him, I'm going to say, over under, I'm going to go twenty three and a half over the whole day, all day. I'm going over over all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we'll wait, wait under. Last night, what fucking My brothers didn't get to my house till like seven o'clock and.
Speaker 2: I went to break company.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm going to go fifteen god.
Speaker 3: And you have to make it to one hundred and dozen numbers, Larry.
Speaker 4: I'm cutting it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might make it. It might make it all right, all right, shay uh you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure? Fine?
Speaker 1: Wait, what's wrong? Did you reach out and say happy birthday to bad Larry?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I don't care about Larry's birthday.
Speaker 4: Miss a good part of them.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, There is no way me and to my brothers, yeah, fucking cheese the New York Post.
Speaker 1: There is no way you had a great party.
Speaker 4: There is no way, no, no, it was just me and my two brothers and my son.
Speaker 1: Sounds great, That is great. That cannot be a good tout.
Speaker 2: I miss that.
Speaker 4: Both of my brothers believe in the afterlife. We had a huge white bat around eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Wait, Shay, you just it just perked up a little bit, selling about that it's going to be interesting after lie out with Larry's brothers and watch Larry burn in Hell.
Speaker 2: I am going to have a good time. Okay, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: You could have you could have enjoyed the afterlife conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have had a great time with them teaming up on Larry's atheist ass and reminding him they were trying to weeping and gnashing of teeth that await you unless you accept your faith.
Speaker 4: Where if there's I mean, if there is an afterlife, say you're going to spend about thirty or forty years in purgatory before I even.
Speaker 1: It's purgatory, not purcatory.
Speaker 3: He'll be in purcatory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be in Perko sedatory.
Speaker 3: You know, from purcatory you're straight to jail.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, so let's start college football show, all right, Kansas State minus four against Miszoo.
Speaker 2: But I do have an issue with this, Danny open. What Kansas State money line or Kansas State minus one got juiced up to minus four and apparently from Picture Day Ray. They told me ninety two percent of the money is on k State. I don't like that. I don't like that one bet Dan either. What's the total on the over under there? Right?
Speaker 5: The over under is forty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: To give me the under one unit get me off of Kansas State minus four all right something, so under forty seven and a half dot com you probably get my homepage, all right. And I've got oky light against my favorite team in the country, South Bama Jags. I know they have a three quarterback system. I don't give a shit. Yams is hurt. It's not playing at one hundred percent. The best defender that South Bama has. I like, okay, like minus seven lane the seven. I got Navy the Americans, the actual Americans plus fourteen to night tonight, yeah, against against the Memphis Degenerates. And then I got Troy Lane three against j m U. And I think that's a fucking gimme, gim me, give me, gimme NFL. I'm fighting Joe Burrows laying three and a half against Lamar at l the Outcast plus one against the Jordan Loves. I got Tampa Bay laying two and a half against the Bears and baseball I got Washington Pitt under eight and a half.
Speaker 3: Let's go my pirates bet dead in the water dead duck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're fuck there. Yeah we knew that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's worse your pirate bet? Or bat Larry betting on the Mets to win every game. Oh that was awful. I feel Italian that up because I don't know because this is just football.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I might have did my toes into some other you know, it's not like it's primarily football now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wanted this to just be football pure. Yeah. I keep my baseball best to myself.
Speaker 3: No, I can't guarantee I can keep it.
Speaker 2: Because I know that you're you're pretty good at this and you like.
Speaker 1: Your baseball bad Larry, he can't bet on anything other than football, and so I felt bad that.
Speaker 4: And playoffs, Baseball playoff. I'll about baseball playoffs, Okay.
Speaker 2: I will go head to head right now with Larry and baseball playoffs.
Speaker 3: Every game in the playoffs O.
Speaker 2: Some kind of pie of the face or seeing next to the nose something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan, you're ready, I am ready. So like Shay, I also have Kansas State minus for against Missouri. But I'm also not a bitch, so I'm gonna stick with.
Speaker 1: It, all right, Okay, your wow?
Speaker 3: I thought about it long and hard.
Speaker 2: I bet you did.
Speaker 3: Old Minion plus fourteen against wake Forest. I'm back on old dominion.
Speaker 1: Why would you ever get off?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Wow, freight liner all right?
Speaker 3: South Carolina plus twenty seven a half against Jauja Western Michigan. Iowa under forty two. I'm owing three units on this again. Wow, I under two and oh yeah and o to start the season.
Speaker 1: They should be known as the Iowa Unders. Yeah instead of Hawkeys.
Speaker 3: Change the name. Also, forty two points for their point total is like ninety eight for any other team, right JMU money line against Troy? Oh yeah, uh huh fuck Troy. Still all right? And I'm just throwing this one out there because I made a promise to myself that I would fade Colorado every week until they love You're crazy.
Speaker 2: If there's a freight train, move and get out the way.
Speaker 3: Colorado state money line plus twelve hundred one unit one, you know everything? Three units on Iowa.
Speaker 1: I think if it was a Colorado state then I could see that not even I don't. I mean, they're but that's the only way that they're not gonna beat them in Boulder.
Speaker 3: And then actually, Dan.
Speaker 1: Speaking Tom, that's a prime time game, Danny, No need to yell right here, damn it right here. Don't treat me like Larry, Larry you still there?
Speaker 4: Okay, list of these guys mumbling back and forth.
Speaker 1: Okay, mumbling they're mumbling. Okay, all right, Dylan, let's clean this mess up.
Speaker 3: Okay, NFL, Dan, obviously you have that parlay. Okay, also taking all of those straight up, straight up straight bets Seahawks plus seven and a half, Falcons plus one, Cardinals plus five and a half, Ravens plus three and a half. And then I'm thrown in the Stillers plus two against the Browns and Dan a couple f one picks too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure, just to muddy a little more. Yeah sure.
Speaker 3: Sergio Perez fastest lap, no to win. And Max, now, I don't even know if you can actually a coward. I'm Max ever stopping hit his record? I think so it's you know, he's not going to really have the uh, the lead foot as much. And Lewis Hamilton podium finish.
Speaker 1: Remember when he was a thing. Yeah, Lewis Hamilton was a thing for a while.
Speaker 3: I think he's still living the good life though, I yeah, sure, but yeah, he was like the he was the young he mar cared.
Speaker 1: About Formula One. Yeah, Lewis Hamilton. Why Mark, He was on the cover of the magazine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well well he was racing.
Speaker 3: It's funny like those young Formula like they start racing at like fifteen, like you can't even have it. They don't even have like a driver's license.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff Gordon did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh fuck that? Could we not Jeff Gordon Panoma, California faking the goddamn redneck bullshit. He's Pomona, yeah, or Fullerton, one of the two. He's from nowhere, California.
Speaker 1: From cal State, fulletin, he's from California.
Speaker 2: I know that he is the epitome of what happened in NASCAR.
Speaker 1: And that's like Joey Logano, Hector sucks, all right, get me going on, Nascal don't? Yeah, okay, would you rather talk about the afterlife or NASCAR after life?
Speaker 2: Jesus wins?
Speaker 3: They say both. Being a fan of both is definitely a sign of intelligence.
Speaker 2: They think, oh, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 1: The dude, who you went to fucking Colorado in the Harvard of the West, Get me a goddamn no, no, no, you went to Denver.
Speaker 3: I went to Denver. Actually it was a worst school when I went in, probably.
Speaker 2: School of mine, the school.
Speaker 3: There is the car that's all engineers, though I was.
Speaker 1: They played in like like a liberal arts degree.
Speaker 3: International studies. Actually the same school sad clown and okay, Sinbad and conternational studies.
Speaker 2: You work on a fucking radio show. Way to go with that.
Speaker 3: Stud in real estate. So I'm really.
Speaker 2: Okay, God's gift to comedy since then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nonetheless, Harvard of the West, he's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, better career.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna take myself out of the running.
Speaker 2: Really. I mean the question is do you like to sleep at night?
Speaker 3: Ideally?
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't, Connolly's a Rice clearly had the best. Yeah, that's rue by a mile. If you're going based on power million dead iraqis who cares.
Speaker 4: Bad?
Speaker 1: I mean to have asked the question, Wait, didn't necessary roughness, though Sinbad didn't.
Speaker 2: Kill a million of rakies either.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you go based on who spent more time in a room with Dick Cheney's.
Speaker 1: By the way, and you imagine podcast available wherever you get your podcast, Danny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the roommate made a guest appearance on the podcast today last night. Okay. And also she wants to know what's your favorite meal? What is she cooking?
Speaker 1: I'm big on pesto pesto?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just pasta with some linguini linguini pasta. And maybe you like clams, Danny, I do, but linguini with clams with the bread crumbs.
Speaker 1: That's very nice.
Speaker 2: It's one of her favorites. I want her.
Speaker 1: I want to play to your your wife's strengths.
Speaker 2: Chicken, scarpioo, cocoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want her. She just won the US Open.
Speaker 2: Yeah Coco did. Yeah, Coco Vaughan with a rooster kidding me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two bottles of wine in that bowl? Oh yeah, brother?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So whatever she wants to cook now, because she asked me, she was like, what is Danny like?
Speaker 1: I I want her. I want to play to her strengths. Okay, all right, because I don't want it.
Speaker 2: To be where she goes. I don't know, right, she fus.
Speaker 1: It up and then I rip her on I rip her on the air, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: As you should. Yes she is a maniac. Yes, okay, yes, all right, O got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh Shayan Irving wherever you get your podcast, and uh good luck this weekend to all of our contestants and we will sort this out next week. Larry h been late in yeah, be late. And happy birthday, thank you buddy.
Speaker 4: Good luck you guys.
Speaker 3: Fifty seventh birthday, all right, yeah Larry fifty seven?
Speaker 2: No no, no, I was warnings ye all right, right right, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: What year were you